Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Razorback auto health decay & concerns over DE's implementation of the event

Nez-Kal

1 hour ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Look. A nearly perfect 1.4% EVERY hour. It's a repeated process during varying player activity levels through the day, and it'll continue to be 1.4% every hour for the rest of the day, and into tomorrow. That's my proof. I mean, come on.

If I exposed a rat to poison, and the rat died every time, would you not believe that the poison kills the rat? "Where's your proof", you'll ask, and I'll just stand there, pointing at the dead rat.

(I forgot. Sometimes it's 1.5%, but this is when I "conjecture" that players are actually playing it and adding that extra .1%.)

You can prove the poison killed the rate by finding cause of death, and seeing that the poison causes that specific death. 

Your "evidence" is conjecture. Real evidence would be either straight from DE themselves or from the code. 

Just now, Miser_able said:

You can prove the poison killed the rate by finding cause of death, and seeing that the poison causes that specific death. 

Your "evidence" is conjecture. Real evidence would be either straight from DE themselves or from the code. 

Yes yes fine fine fine. Through "Conjecture" I heavily "Theorize" that DE has, at some point last night, put the Razorbacks onto an Auto Health Decay of 1.4% every Hour. Happy?

It's still happening, and DE is still not being honest about it by telling us so "IF" such is the case.

2 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Yes yes fine fine fine. Through "Conjecture" I heavily "Theorize" that DE has, at some point last night, put the Razorbacks onto an Auto Health Decay of 1.4% every Hour. Happy?

It's still happening, and DE is still not being honest about it by telling us so "IF" such is the case.

That is better, although I don't appreciate the attitude. 

Plus, it's a weekend most of DE are probably at home, of, course no one is going to say anything. 

Edited by Miser_able

Just now, Miser_able said:

That is better, although I don't appreciate the attitude. 

Plus, it's a weekend most of DE are probably at home, old course no one is going to say anything. 

Sorry. I'm just not happy about this whole thing, and I guess I'm taking a little bit of that out on you.

I'm honestly not surprised.  As much as I'd like to see what happens when Razorbacks conquer Larunda, I don't think we will, because we need an early relay so that new players can access syndicates.  Not having a relay before Saturn would also cause the problem of The New Strange being impossible to complete, since you need a relay to talk to Simaris, but you can't reach the Saturn relay before completing The New Strange.  I'd much prefer it if DE went "well good thing we had just finished rebuilding this other relay...", but I guess this system works too.  I mean, the original Fomorian event was rigged so that we'd lose most of our relays, so why wouldn't these events be rigged so that we don't end up with too few relays?

1 hour ago, ShadowFel said:

I'm honestly not surprised.  As much as I'd like to see what happens when Razorbacks conquer Larunda, I don't think we will, because we need an early relay so that new players can access syndicates.  Not having a relay before Saturn would also cause the problem of The New Strange being impossible to complete, since you need a relay to talk to Simaris, but you can't reach the Saturn relay before completing The New Strange.  I'd much prefer it if DE went "well good thing we had just finished rebuilding this other relay...", but I guess this system works too.  I mean, the original Fomorian event was rigged so that we'd lose most of our relays, so why wouldn't these events be rigged so that we don't end up with too few relays?

If anything, I think I'm just upset over all this because after the DataMining Incident DE claimed they would be more "Transparent" from that point on with their Player-base. Yet here they are, blatantly rigging an Event to create the outcome they wanted. It more or less tell me as a player: "Yes, at any moment DE can changed the numbers behind your back, such as claiming a drop or new relic has an 11% drop chance while actually making it 1% (for some unknown reason or to increase the grind/farm times), and there's nothing you as a Player can do about it but deal with it (and likely fork over your money to reduce the grind because you're just not lucky enough)."

I know they're not likely actually wringing their hands 80's Villain style over this, but I'd still like them to acknowledge that they DID in-fact do it, and explain their reasons for doing so.

It's not really an event, it's a tactical alert but in any case.. This has happened in the past (Alad V versus Nef Anyo event where Alad V kept getting points when he was rewarding credits and Nef Anyo was rewarding fusion cores) and will likely not stop.
I think it's just best to accept that when we aren't doing what DE is expecting then DE will move the game to go in the direction they've planned for.

I often think back on how I really wish events were still about choices and we would pick a side and determine the future of the game, rather than boring (to me) cutscene choices in the quests that just lock out potential story development (such as kidnapping the kid in Nidus quest or giving her back).. But then I think of how easily these things can be manipulated and that it's possible it wouldn't have been the player-bases choice and then I don't know which I would prefer.

It's disappointing but it's not something they need to be """""""""""""""""""TRANSPARENT""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" about. It's the first relay anyone has access to so they aren't gonna blow it up without a good backup plan (IE: PoE town if Larunda goes down).

Beyond that, just like last time, they'll wait until the event is over before they address any criticisms. Just wait. It's the weekend. They don't have their full PR team there to handle this at the moment.

My question is, why does this matter and why would anyone ever care, ever?

The 'Razorback Reserves' is just an auxillary timer, just like all Invasions have. If the community was super enthusiastic they coud have killed the armada before the deadline, and that health meter was just there to gauge our success.

DE needs to give better rewards or incentives in order to make that health theshold matter, agreed. But they're not about to go blowing up another relay any time soon. I'm suprised the community thought this was on the cards after the last Fomorian and Razorback events.

Personally my view on their biggest mistake with the razorback event now is the bias towards gorgon wraith parts, it's just too big.  The drop rate on the, imo, more important mods is too low, especially the two archwing mods. 

I'd also like them to address why we're not using a token system for this type of event when the ambulas event which tested it worked so well and was pretty much loved by everyone. 

1 minute ago, Varzy said:

My question is, why does this matter and why would anyone ever care, ever?

The 'Razorback Reserves' is just an auxillary timer, just like all Invasions have. If the community was super enthusiastic they coud have killed the armada before the deadline, and that health meter was just there to gauge our success.

DE needs to give better rewards or incentives in order to make that health theshold matter, agreed. But they're not about to go blowing up another relay any time soon. I'm suprised the community thought this was on the cards after the last Fomorian and Razorback events.

DE overestimated the number of people who would care about the Event, and gave the Razorback's too much Health/Time. They're trying to fix their mistakes now because they never actually planned for Larunda Relay to be destroyed.

I just hope they're "Transparent" about this and their actions, as that was their promise after the Datamining Incident of 2017.

Just now, Tangent-Valley said:

DE overestimated the number of people who would care about the Event, and gave the Razorback's too much Health/Time. They're trying to fix their mistakes now because they never actually planned for Larunda Relay to be destroyed.

I just hope they're "Transparent" about this and their actions, as that was their promise after the Datamining Incident of 2017.

and what proof do u have that the razorback has auto health decay?

Just now, TaylorsContraction said:

What's the mistake exactly? How are players negatively affected by this mistake you speak of?

1 minute ago, Tangent-Valley said:

I still fail to see how having a failsafe mechanic in place hurts players at all.

DE made the droptables for the Razorback rewards public, that's plenty transparent and above and beyond what the majority of devs would do. They don't need to be transparent about every little thing they do under the hood.

6 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Oh let's put on our Illuminati hats. This is just a theory you and a few other players concocted. And you're so convinced that it's true you make this post. Like what in the world....

Even if it's true there's nothing bad about it. This has no negatives attached to it. DE based the boss hp based on previous participation. Last time do you know what happened? Razorback was destroyed in a day and a half, not lasting full three days. Players complained that they didn't get a chance to participate because it ended prematurely. Have you considered that it is done this way to ensure everyone gets the full three days of the event?

DE is trying to be fair to those with tight schedules, no one is hurt by it except maybe op's feelings...

Edited by TaylorsContraction

7 minutes ago, Varzy said:

I still fail to see how having a failsafe mechanic in place hurts players at all.

DE made the droptables for the Razorback rewards public, that's plenty transparent and above and beyond what the majority of devs would do. They don't need to be transparent about every little thing they do under the hood.

DE is changing the numbers BEHIND the player's back. Maybe this Event and it number changing doesn't hurt you specifically, but this only opens the door for situations like:

- DE changing the percent for a drop-chance of an important weapon part from 11% to 1.2%, without telling the player-base and pushing the "Oh, it's still 11%, yep." message, leading to players becoming too frustrated with the grind/farm and their apparent lack of luck and just ending up Buying the weapon.

- DE posting incorrect drop-chances for items in general. (Hm, like, Oh I don't know, BEFORE Dataminers caught them in the act and forced them to be honest)

- Etc.

This Event is and it's "Impending Doom" is a Lie, and as such I hope they step forward and admit that they were lying to the player-base with the Razorback's Health. Cause if not it means DE isn't over lying behind the player's backs, and changing the numbers to ultimately suite themselves.

Edited by Tangent-Valley

2 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

DE is changing the numbers BEHIND the player's back. Maybe this Event and it number changing doesn't hurt you specifically, but this only opens the door for situations like:

- DE changing the percent for a drop-chance of an important weapon part from 11% to 1.2%, without telling the player-base and pushing the "Oh, it's still 11%, yep." message, leading to players becoming too frustrated with the grind/farm and their apparent lack of luck and just ending up Buying the weapon.

- DE posting incorrect drop-chances for items in general.

- Etc.

This Event is and it's "Impending Doom" is a Lie, and as such I hope they step forward and admit that they were lying to the player-base with the Razorback's Health. Cause if not it means DE isn't over lying behind the player's backs, and changing the numbers to ultimately suite themselves.

HOW DO U KNOW RAZORBACK HAS AUTO HEALTH DECAY GIVE US PROOF INSTEAD OF DODGING THE QUESTION RIGHT NOW!

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

My question is: "Who are you questioning what DE does?"

A person playing their game, and paying them money for it.

"Who are you to question what McD's puts in their chicken nuggests?" = "Someone who eats their food and pays them money"

"Who are you to question what your bank does?" = "Someone who puts their money into said bank and trust them with it."

Etc. Etc. Etc.

4 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

- DE posting incorrect drop-chances for items in general.

- Etc.

Was this your first relay threat event? Because the health decay isnt new. The health decay thing was clearly built in from previous instances of this event. It wasn't behind our back, it was literally something we could see right in front of us in game, and something that we have seen happen in the past also.

The spirit of transparency is so players know everything's fair and that the missions they play have a good chance of rewarding them with things worth their time. DE have made all the droptables across all their game modes public. Arguing that implementing a health decay that is publicly available to see just by looking at the in-game UI does not open the door for DE to go back on their previous transperency commitments.

Chill with the doom and gloom, bud.

Edited by Varzy

1 minute ago, Varzy said:

Was this your first relay threat event? Because the health decay isnt new. The health decay thing was clearly built in from previous instances of this event.

The spirit of transparency is so players know everything's fair and that the missions they play have a good chance of rewarding them with things worth their time. DE have made all the droptables across all their game modes public. Arguing that implementing a health decay that is publicly available to see just by looking at the in-game UI does not open the door for DE to go back on their previous transperency commitments.

They just need to Admit they did it. So far many people question if such a Health-Decay is even happening, even though they could just look at their clocks and the Health UI.

This is a matter of Player and Developer Trust. DE promised they would be more transparent, but if they can't be honest about the actions they've taken today, then how can I Trust those Public Drop-Tables? How can I Trust anything they ever say again? I might as well start Datamining or finding Datamined information, as that will be the only way once again to acquire the actual Truth once more. (Something I really really REALLY don't want to rely on or do because it could potentially hurt the developers as well, and the work they've done)