Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Razorback auto health decay & concerns over DE's implementation of the event

Nez-Kal

Just now, Nazrethim said:

Like the Steel Meridian base on Earth that works like a Relay?

They won't use that because that's more of a Steel Meridian stronghold/safe zone.

The town they're showcasing for Plains of Eidolon is essentially a heaven for an entrepreneur like Baro Ki'Teer so once that hits they could, theoretically, just have Baro show up there if something were to ever happen to Larunda (the only problem is the fact that a few quests require access to a relay before you can reach the one on Saturn and at least one is required just to reach Saturn so Larunda is here to stay).

Just now, Chipputer said:

They won't use that because that's more of a Steel Meridian stronghold/safe zone.

The town they're showcasing for Plains of Eidolon is essentially a heaven for an entrepreneur like Baro Ki'Teer so once that hits they could, theoretically, just have Baro show up there if something were to ever happen to Larunda (the only problem is the fact that a few quests require access to a relay before you can reach the one on Saturn and at least one is required just to reach Saturn so Larunda is here to stay).

What about restoring some parts of Maroo's Relay? Could be handwaved as the factions makin' a deal with her or something.

2 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

By the way, friendly reminder we're supposed to be getting a Relay reconstruction event of some sorts at some point.

Just saying.

"at some point" 

Didn't they say that sometime in 2015? Only two relays left and it still hasn't been done, it's safe to say that they didn't care about it. 

It's an interesting theory.  I find it hard to believe that somehow players have done more in the last 24 hours to the armada than they did during the first three days.  I find it even harder to believe considering the rewards for each Razorback destroyed are pretty slim beyond the three runs for the Catalyst and credits.  The incentives for taking them on repeatedly just aren't there.  However, it wouldn't be beyond the scope of imagination for them to convert Maroo's Bazaar into a hub for Simaris in the event Larunda does take a beating down the road to circumvent any issues with quest requirements.  Wouldn't even need to wait for Plains of Eidolon as an excuse on that front either.

Either way, at the end of the day, it's hard to say without hard statistics to back up any claim of DE tampering with the event.  I'd love to see Larunda get nuked but at its current progress, it's highly unlikely at this point.

Edited by Retequizzle

1 minute ago, (PS4)theelix said:

"at some point" 

Didn't they say that sometime in 2015? Only two relays left and it still hasn't been done, it's safe to say that they didn't care about it. 

When U20 (I think it was U20) released there was a Relay Reconstruction decoration, and one of this year's devstreams had a [PH]Relay Reconstruction site on the dev build.

Edited by NightmareT12

Just now, Nazrethim said:

What about restoring some parts of Maroo's Relay? Could be handwaved as the factions makin' a deal with her or something.

That's getting into stuff too similar to the idea of rebuilding the relays which DE has only barely touched on, at this point, so it's a possibility. Far more likely they'd just have an event to rebuild a few relays before they blew up Larunda, or otherwise got rid of it, though.

I could've sworn Sheldon said in a previous Devstream that the relay reconstruction program was completed and that they just had to simply hit the on switch for it. With PoE taking quite a few hands off of other content, I wouldn't count on seeing reconstruction at least until after they've gotten some other projects off the backburner post-PoE.

Edited by Trowicia

28 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

I really dont understand why you dont do it.
The puncture event set is good and the archwing double elementals give some good platinum when sold.
With a good team Razorback is done in 3-4 minutes each run.

And if the majority of people stop attacking the Razorback (I mean, if it weren't for the fact that it's apparently now on a timer that isn't actually affected by player actions) then you'd have more chances to get those mods, so what are you complaining about?

There would be also that option that DE could move the New Strange requirement to the neptun junktion.

Then there wouldnt be the problem with breaking the game, but this would still mean that new players dont have access to a relay before Saturn. 

You sure this just ain't because a timezone with lots of players (let's say asia just for people/square km sakes) just woke up around that time during the weekend, so the decay just peaked at that point? Thing is, you have no idea how much runs are done of razorback, and at what times it peaks, and what effect this has on the % counter.

They sure can adapt these things irl, but it's more they "could". They "could" also not do this. There is no way to find out the facts here.

As long as there is no super solid proof, this post is more near speculation than fact. Maybe DE has nothing prepared. Maybe they do.

I wanna find out, but the only way we can is to let larunda to be "commandeered by razorbacks". And that requires the timer not to reach zero.

We're stuck in a loop, and as long as there is no data given free on this event, there will be no way of us finding out other than to let our "precious relays" die.

Love "for science!" argument, in fact this is why I land in “interesting” situations from time to time... But this will affect newer players. Lets experiment on some other relay? Or even better, lets wait till we know what “reconstruction” will entail? I would hate to go and look for that mutagen rain (I swear, someone forgot he have a booster on or confused Void/control modules with Derelict/ugly organic stuff).

As for health decay... Last time numbers have not been played with – and look how many players missed the event. What if DE have set an upper limit of health Armada may loose per hour, so it will last more then a day?

P.S. I will continue to farm them till I get that Archwing mods :<

Edited by rand0mname

pray the next razorback is at orcus or kronia

THEN youd have people agreeing not to kill the armada for science, without harming anyone

honestly it's probably just gonna change the location of the razorback to the relay with the % carried over and even the tileset unchanged, forcing the players to whittle it down to zero to reuse the relay. commandeer is the term used, not destroy.

destruction is the fomorian thing, and thats a LOT less hassle to complete, AND  we already know what happens to a relay when a fomorian gets close(it explodes.)

As a known Larunda regular, I'm in a way slightly happy that it was rigged in this way, I mean, I observed exactly the same change of the mysterous 10% drop in less than the time I slept, and then noticed the razorback's health was dropping incredibly more than usual.

But, I still want DE to admit that they did it, and what's the point in fighting it? I didn't even need the drops and I farmed this nearly 100 times with someone just to save my home relay... I mean... Come on DE, really?

Hmmm. Couple of things.

- Kill three Razorbacks for a free Catalyst? Don't mind if I do! Also, pick up a Piercng Caliber, flog it on the cheap as part of daily trades, and then go and pick up the Hydroid Neuroptics as the only part of him which I didn't get from Relics. A decent evening's grofit. Aside from that, don't give a damn.

- I would eventually like to see two of the remaining three Relays destroyed, and eventually replaced by other installations like the Steel Meridian base on Earth. That way, we could have one Tenno Relay, and a variety of other places to visit for more specific Syndicate business. More interesting.

- Also, insisting that the Lotus must always be referred to as Natah, yes, very edgy, deeply impressive.

1 hour ago, Chipputer said:

And you posted it... why, exactly?

A veteran not thinking of the consequences of his actions on the new players. What a concept.

Because you know, not having relays doesn't also affect every player using them for any purpose. Sorry but of course veterans think of the consequences, seeing them is the very reason for someone like Brozime to even advocate for such social experiments in the first place. Thing is no matter from what angle someone approaches it, there are things some people want and there are things they don't want. New players obviously want to try to catch Veterans; Veterans can afford to mess around with the games mechanics for experimentation.

30 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

Love "for science!" argument, in fact this is why I land in “interesting” situations from time to time... But this will affect newer players. Lets experiment on some other relay? Or even better, lets wait till we know what “reconstruction” will entail? I would hate to go and look for that mutagen rain (I swear, someone forgot he have a booster on or confused Void/control modules with Derelict/ugly organic stuff).

As for health decay... Last time numbers have not been played with – and look how many players missed the event. What if DE have set an upper limit of health Armada may loose per hour, so it will last more then a day?

P.S. I will continue to farm them till I get that Archwing mods :<

It's great that you're considerate of newer players, but it's not like DE haven't considered this either.  The game may not exactly be friendly to new players, but they don't actively seek to make it less so.

Like... it feels like most of the arguments against my suggestion are predicated on the notion that DE has no idea what they're doing.

29 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

- I would eventually like to see two of the remaining three Relays destroyed, and eventually replaced by other installations like the Steel Meridian base on Earth. That way, we could have one Tenno Relay, and a variety of other places to visit for more specific Syndicate business. More interesting.

This is actually a pretty cool idea.

It'd be pretty cool if every planet had their own sort of forward operating base for Tenno and factions to congregate and do missions from.

14 minutes ago, Shoelip said:

So... nobody considers it a problem that new player progression relies on a rare event we supposedly have some say in the outcome of being impossible to fail?

it's a 33% chance to destroy new player progression every, what, 3 months? 

do this again when Orcus is under attack. i guarantee you more people will actually agree to experiment then

5 minutes ago, BlazenFury said:

it's a 33% chance to destroy new player progression every, what, 3 months? 

do this again when Orcus is under attack. i guarantee you more people will actually agree to experiment then

And if that somehow succeeds, then it'd be a 50% chance of them targeting the Larunda relay and all the vets who like having a vet relay get screwed over.  Of course we have to wait three months for that to happen.  But really, I honestly don't think it matters what we do.  I don't think DE will let the relay be taken and it's rather disturbing how many players seem to think they're so incompetent that they'd let the entire progression of new players be destroyed by player choice.

Edited by Shoelip

i dunno, last time it was Kronia. this time Larunda. Kronia was saved cuz 'omfg razorback', Larunda is saved cuz of literal divine intervention... if Orcus gets the same treatment as the latter, THEN we can say that the whole Relay threat is just all talk and no action. if definitely wont get the same treatment as the former, if this invasion is any indication