Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Razorback auto health decay & concerns over DE's implementation of the event

Nez-Kal

6 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

My question is: "Who are you questioning what DE does?"

Wow, that's a dangerous sentence to say : no wonder reddit & 4chan think that this forum is filled with blind fanboys...

We play their game, we test their game, sooo we can question their decisions... Fair & square.

7 hours ago, TaylorsContraction said:

Oh let's put on our Illuminati hats. This is just a theory you and a few other players concocted. And you're so convinced that it's true you make this post. Like what in the world....

Even if it's true there's nothing bad about it. This has no negatives attached to it. DE based the boss hp based on previous participation. Last time do you know what happened? Razorback was destroyed in a day and a half, not lasting full three days. Players complained that they didn't get a chance to participate because it ended prematurely. Have you considered that it is done this way to ensure everyone gets the full three days of the event?

DE is trying to be fair to those with tight schedules, no one is hurt by it except maybe op's feelings...

There's nothing bad about it? People involved in that event who do it because they think their farming makes sense might have a thing to say, Maroo...

What's bad : 1) Immersion takes a hit.

2) Farming or not, who cares? Same outcome whether you spent hours & hours or you just ignored the event like me. (I was there when Gradivus happened & you won't get me this time... :3 ) 

Just now, unknow99 said:

Wow, that's a dangerous sentence to say : no wonder reddit & 4chan think that this forum is filled with blind fanboys...

We play their game, we test their game, sooo we can question their decisions... Fair & square.

Only if you do it with respect. The OP didn't. So yeah, there is that.
And who even cares about reddit or 4chan?

8 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

The question the OP asked was legitimate concern, for DE has not to intervene in events that are supposedly have to have different outcomes based on implayer input, unless there is an bigger issue that needs to be resolved.

But if said issue lies within the lack of Razorback having a finishing animation (which may be an issue or not, we don't know, we have never seen it before) or serious progression stopper due to the lack of the Larunda relay, then the event is simply not as finished as it should be / the progression system (or the invasion system) needs to get another look taken at to balance it accordingly so that said issues don't exist to begin with.

But then again, the game is in its perpetual beta for a reason, things will get fixed, systems will get polished, in due time.

8 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

I'd say people who like to keep an open mind and take in aspects, arguments and statements from all sources instead of limiting themselves to their preffered ones.

Edited by MaidGalaxy

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

...That's right, they're just people from other websites but still, my point remains : we're supposed to give them feedback & say/write something when we notice something smells fishy! We're not in a sect or something...

OP's question could be phrased better, but hey, the question is interesting : not much reason to feel involved if rewards are "meh" & our actions don't have consequences....

On 9/3/2017 at 2:02 PM, Tangent-Valley said:

DE has the Razorbacks on an Auto Health Decay of 1.4% per hour right now.

Relay will not be destroyed.

Predicted Event End Time of 6pm - 7pm (Central Time, America) tomorrow.

Have a great day, and stop panicking.

Edit:
PS: Thanks for the "Transparency", DE.

Edit 2: Proof. Last time I made a post with this link in it though, the post got sent TO that link's comment section...but here we go.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/838635-did-the-razorbacks-just-take-a-nearly-10-percent-hit-in-5-hours/

not so much panicking as much as we wanted to see what happened when razorback actually attacked a relay

1 hour ago, Fallen_Echo said:

With even 1% decay per hour the relay was set to be saved today. 20% left with 22h to "stop" the razorback.

It may seem foolish but this is how things are working out, the decay is extremly fast compared to what we had when the even started. Either the playerbase and the contributing players numbers doubled or tripled OR the whole stuffs rigged for us.

I'm sure 99% of the players are doing it for their own personal reasons anyway. The countdown probably has little bearing on how much the players grind. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

1 hour ago, Fallen_Echo said:

With even 1% decay per hour the relay was set to be saved today. 20% left with 22h to "stop" the razorback.

It may seem foolish but this is how things are working out, the decay is extremly fast compared to what we had when the even started. Either the playerbase and the contributing players numbers doubled or tripled OR the whole stuffs rigged for us.

I'm sure 99% of the players are doing it for their own personal reasons anyway. The countdown probably has little bearing on how much the players grind. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

7 hours ago, BlazenFury said:

>orcus

>new players

man i was being super civil with you, are you TRYING to convince me your point wasnt actually meant to be taken seriously

come on dude

Orcus isn't for new players, and it makes far more commercial sense to hurt vets who are already invested in the game and will keep playing even if they're pissed off because of the sunk costs fallacy.  Essentially, if you piss off new players they'll just stop playing them because there's nothing keeping them.  If you piss off veteran players they will keep playing because they feel like they don't want to waste all the previous investment they've made in the game by ceasing to play it.  It also wouldn't hurt vets nearly as much to take away the Orcus relay.  Basically, if we didn't defend Orcus then the only questions answered would be "Is the whole Razorback/Balor Formorian thing a lie?" and "What happens if Razorback succeeds succeeds instead of a Fomorian?"  Larunda gives us much more data because there's no way they can let it be destroyed without an alternative in place.  Letting Razorback win here will either prove that player choices don't matter because DE won't let them, or that there was a hidden feature we never knew about all this time.  It won't hurt the newbies, because DE aren't idiots.

Edit:  It looks like all discussions on this topic have been merged into one thread which has been moved into the missions and levels feedback thread instead of general discussion even though it's very clearly a general discussion...

Edited by Shoelip

7 minutes ago, korndolorous said:

i dont have any proof and evidence,but
Isn't it weird that Saturday and Sunday decrease only 30%,but on Monday it decrease 50%?

Are you sure about this? Because for the past 11 hours (and probably all of today, really), Razorbacks were dying significantly slower than on Sunday.

All data logs indicate an Oro--uhh... I mean, all data I've seen or collected myself seems to point to Sunday as the peak (although I wasn't on much Saturday, and haven't been able to find much data for Saturday)

33 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

I would like to start a new Post listing out my Concerns over what seems to be an Auto-Health-Decay system set by DE onto the Razorbacks, which guaranteed their Deaths before the Razorback Armada Tactical Alert Timer ran out.

For starters, No. I do not have any concrete, Datamined Evidence of this Action. What I do have is my own observation and recordings of Data, which seem to point towards the existence of an Auto-Health-Decay. The Following Times and Percentages were taken on Sunday, between the hours of 9am (Central Time, America) and 10pm (CT).

• 9:00am = 47.4%       |      9:30am = 46.6%
  • 10:00am = 45.9%     |     10:30am = 45.2%
  • 11:00am = 44.5%     |      11:30am = 43.8%
  • 12:00pm = 43.0%     |     12:30pm = 42.3%
  • 1:00pm = 41.6%       |       1:30pm = 40.9%
  • 2:00pm = 40.2%       |       2:30pm = 39.4%
  • 3:00pm = 38.7%       |       3:30pm = 38.0%
  • 4:00pm = 37.3%       |       4.30pm = 36.6%
  • 5:00pm = 35.9%       |       5:30pm = 35.2%
  • 6:00pm = 34.5%       |       6:30pm = 33.8%
  • 7:00pm = 33.1%       |       7:30pm = 32.6%
  • 8:00pm = 31.8%       |       8:30pm = 31.0%
  • 9:00pm = 30.5%       |       9:30pm = 29.8%
  • 10:00pm = 29.2%     |      10:30pm = 28.5%

By looking through the numbers you might notice there seems to be a pattern, one that persists despite Time of Day, and Player Activity Levels. (I had a chart for this before, given by another, but lost the Tab it was on. If someone could be so kind as to find the Steam Player Activity Chart for Warframe for the Week it would be greatly appreciated)

That pattern is 1.4% per Hour

Over and over it appears, with only occasional discrepancies of 1.5% (Which I believe to be Player contribution), and later becoming 1.3% (Highlighted in Red when the pattern changed)

From this and Player Contribution, I cannot say for certain the number is indeed strictly 1.4%, as it could also be 1.3%, or 1.2%, depending on the Player activity level on the Event, which I do not have numbers for.

What I can say is that this number appears far too often for it to be purely coincidence.

I believe that DE implemented an Auto-Health-Decay on the Razorbacks to ensure they wouldn't last to the end of the Event Timer, and thus, they would not Destroy the Larunda Relay, and I believe they did this entirely behind the backs of their Player Base.

This action (should it be true) greatly concerns me, and I've been pestered and mocked for this, but I believe it should concern you too.

DE changed a set of numbers, numbers in an Event we were told was entirely in our hands, and that our Actions would have in-game consequence, and because of this many of us rallied, and farmed for hours to get the Arch-wing Resource and PolymerBundles, and then more hours still to fight off the Razorbacks from destroying our precious Relay.....but by DE changing a few numbers, they have made such actions, and the time spent doing them, entirely pointless. In the end, it turns out your actions had no effect what-so-ever, and unless you were trying to farm for Gorgon Wraiths or the Tactical Alert Mods, you literally wasted all your time.

I've seen the comments already "Well, DE has done this before, what did you expect?" and "It's their game, who are you to Question them?", as well as "Jeez, taking a little secret number fiddling so seriously"....but I want to point out a few things.

DE has claimed that after the Datamining incident of 2017 that they would be more "Transparent" for their Player-Base, posting up the numbers for Drop Locations and Loot. So, "They've done this before" doesn't really hold up as much, because this is a newer DE. One that has grown up and learned from their past actions, and ours as a player-base as well. This excuse holds up just as well as it would for any other person committing a less than ideal action. Not at all. Because "They've done it before" doesn't mean they should be doing it again, or that we should expect them too, or accept it when they have.

Those who claim "It's their game, who are you to Question them?", I can understand were your argument might come from, but understand....WE play it. Without us, DE has no business, no profits, no future. We are DE's customers, and as a customer you have every right to question the actions of a business that is profiting off you.

And lastly, for those who think I'm blowing this whole thing overboard, let me ask you something. How would you feel if tomorrow DE suddenly changed the Rare Drop of a Radiant Relic from 10% Chance...to 1% Chance (And lower for all other Relic Types), and they kept this fact hidden from the Player-Base, and didn't post it anywhere. If you found out from a Datamining or some other inside information collection, you would understandably be upset. DE changed a number, a number that was important and involved you, and they didn't say a thing. All those Radiants you ran trying to get the new Prime Loot. Gone. Nothing. Because you weren't lucky enough to get a new 1% Drop Chance value you weren't even aware was there. And how would you feel if you confronted the Forums or others about it, and the answer you got back was "Well, yeah. DE needed the Prime Sets Market to start booming with higher profits by minimizing the Supply chain in order to help boost the in-game Plat Economy and increase sales. Course they'd change the number. They knew you'd be upset by it too, so of course they kept it hidden. Shesh. Drama-Queen".

"DE needed to produce a result so it's okay that they changed numbers secretly behind our backs."

No. It is not okay.

To accept one form of this behavior is to accept all forms of it. DE was changing the numbers, numbers that affected most all of us, and they're being allowed to slide for doing it. This I am not okay with.

Now, to end my rant, I am not okay with what DE has done, again, "supposedly" according to the data I had collected, but, if DE comes forward with what they had done, and explain the reasons why they did it, I will fully forgiven them for it. "Transparency", that's all I'm asking for right now from this situation.

TL;DR:

DE possibly implemented an Auto-Health-Decay on the Razorbacks to prevent them from ever reaching the Larunda Relay. I am not okay with this.

PS: Dear Mods. I have collected my Thoughts, and Concerns, and have posted them all here in a very neat, polite, and organized manner. I only ask that you please don't send this one to "The Mess" like the other one.

("The Mess" = https://forums.warframe.com/topic/838635-razorback-auto-health-decay-14-per-hour/ )

Welcome to the mess. I recommend to edit the front comment into a link leading here.

They realized destroying Larunda relay could lead to nasty and salty shtstorm from new players because it will kill progress for them (saturn junction at jupiter require new strange completed and next relay is saturn which is accessible after jupiter) and Relay rebuilding system is still not functional, so they dont have anything to back up missing relay

1 minute ago, Myscho said:

They realized destroying Larunda relay could lead to nasty and salty shtstorm from new players because it will kill progress for them (saturn junction at jupiter require new strange completed and next relay is saturn which is accessible after jupiter) and Relay rebuilding system is still not functional, so they dont have anything to back up missing relay

I've seen this being thrown around, and honestly, I believe that could be a factor that helped lead to DE's decision. I've also heard people say that such a thing could easily be fixed by literally changing one parameter of the Quest requirements (At the same time, so did Killing the Razorbacks. Path of least resistance there.)