The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Silver Grove Specters

PurpleBomber

Question

5 answers to this question

Best if you upgrade your synthesis scanner for this one if you haven't already. The widgets are very useful, especially the one that can double the scan gains. Being able to get 2 scans at random times is better than just 1 extract from the plants.

15 hours ago, PurpleBomber said:

Is this supposed to be easy? The scanning grind is mind-numbing AND time locked to Earth's day/night cycle, so if I'm missing some trick please tell me so I can save my sanity.

Can't help you with the tedious plant scanning, but for the actual grove mission you really should be in a full squad with a Nekros and a Pilfering swarm Hydriod.  Each player can bring two antidotes and if you let the Hydriod kill plus desecrate you get three mods per antitode. 4 x 2 x 3 = 24 drops per mission.  The rare mods are reasonable to get in this setup, but probably not otherwise.

15 hours ago, PurpleBomber said:

Is this supposed to be easy? The scanning grind is mind-numbing AND time locked to Earth's day/night cycle, so if I'm missing some trick please tell me so I can save my sanity.

Can't help much with the plant scanning beside getting a 2x scan widget from Simarus.

As for farming mods from the specters, bring your farming frames: Nekros, Hydroid, (Ivara). And the super duper very tedious but somewhat less annoying (but not by much) when compare to plant scanning (then I'm not sure if it still work)... *cut to commercials* 

*back from commercials*

1. If you want all the mods, then recruit and hopefully get a trustworthy squad to run 1 potion at a time.
  2. If you just want specific mods, then you can kill, desecrate/pilfer/etc... close app and restart if you didn't get the mod you want. You won't lose a potion this way but will not get any mods either. It's better than repeatedly playing a(n) (inferior) version of Pokemon Snap.