Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

static noise when playing warframe

Ionell

I have noticed rather irritating bug. I am playing warframe on PC with headphone(Razor Kraken) and there's static noise when Warframe is running.

It does not go away even if I mute warframe or put it in the background.

When I am doing other things like watch youtube videos or movies, it works fine, no static noises.

I thought it might be the headphone's problem, so I tried with other devices like earpieces and speakers.

It's all the same. This is really irritating, and make me want not to play the game. Please help.

Please check your Windows sound settings to make sure you have everything hooked up correctly.  Also, in Options->Sound check to make sure the audio output device is the correct one for your system.

If trying the above does not work then try this:

1. On the Warframe launcher, click the little gear icon on the top right.  In the Download Cache section hit "Verify" and "Optimize".

2. If that doesn't work then please try re-installing the game.

Let us know if either of these two solutions work.  Thanks again.

12 hours ago, [DE]George said:

Please check your Windows sound settings to make sure you have everything hooked up correctly.  Also, in Options->Sound check to make sure the audio output device is the correct one for your system.

If trying the above does not work then try this:

1. On the Warframe launcher, click the little gear icon on the top right.  In the Download Cache section hit "Verify" and "Optimize".

2. If that doesn't work then please try re-installing the game.

Let us know if either of these two solutions work.  Thanks again.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Sadly, none of them worked.

Is there any other solutions that could help me get out of this situation?

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to chime in and say I'm having the same issue. I have everything hooked up properly, this is immediately relieved by closing warframe.exe (even the launcher will cause the static across Windows). I've also verified that the static comes through on headphones, my monitors speakers, as well as through my studio monitors running through an external audio interface. This seems to be directly related to Warframe. For what it's worth im on Windows 7 64 bit. (running in 32, optimizing, verifying, disabling reverb have all failed to fix the issue for me). This also becomes more pronounced and causes game lag when I'm in larger groups after 10 or so minutes. 

• 2 months later...

This happened to me today after a mission speakers fuzzy and lots of static. I disconnected everything updated drivers and that didn't help so I reinstalled the game and no luck still. When I close the game it goes back to normal and no other games do this for me so it seems like its an issue with Warframe. Any ideas guys?

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem although sounds like fire in the background , only started happening since plains of eidolon upload.

if I was to re-install the game , would I lose everything I already got? & would I have to uninstall the game first ?