Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania Adze head (WIP)

Helkeira

I have been with Warframe for about 4 years but I am totally new to the workshop. I was wondering If I could get some feed back on my first attempt at making a head/helmet. Am I going in the right direction or not? I am kind of an organic modeler and am pretty bad with mechanical parts so any tips are also appreciated.

Spoiler

3cc847eaef.jpgf3a1132046.gif

Edited by Nonya
Progression

12 minutes ago, Kurokoz said:

Ooh, I'm not too skilled in this part of the process but if it means anything I can tell ya that it certainly reminds me of a fairy. I like it, although anything that looks like eyes always seems off putting for a Warframe.

Yeah I can see that as well. I may remove the eyes and add some normal map detailing so its not just a smooth face plate either. Thanks for the feedback.

5 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

I like the helmet alot.
Will prob not buy if it makes it into TennoGen because i dislike Titania.
However the work is very well done. :)

Thanks but I don't think my first helmet has a chance at TennoGen. This is more of an experiment to see whats expected and maybe gather some tips if anyone has any. ^^

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Valen Warden said:

That's looking nice. Are the antennae going to be rigid like that or move around a little bit?

1 hour ago, EchoesOfRain said:

This is actually looking REALLY nice, will be an instant buy from me!

It'd be nice if the antennae could move a bit once in game, so that they don't come across as horns

Thanks. I was hoping to add some jiggle to the antennae but idk if DE would need to do that since it requires extra bones. 

Random question for anyone: I see people have added some cool effects like mags visor but how would you even upload something like that? There is no scripting or anything in the TennoGen program.

22 hours ago, Nonya said:

Thanks. I was hoping to add some jiggle to the antennae but idk if DE would need to do that since it requires extra bones. 

Random question for anyone: I see people have added some cool effects like mags visor but how would you even upload something like that? There is no scripting or anything in the TennoGen program.

I'd maybe ask a DE member, but if not them maybe Hitsu-San? Hitsu seems pretty friendly and informative, and I know he's had experience with having his Ivara helmet be moveable

On 10/09/2017 at 8:40 AM, Nonya said:

I was hoping to add some jiggle to the antennae but idk if DE would need to do that since it requires extra bones. 

If you want to add jiggly parts or anithing aftected by physic, you have to create them and precise you want them to be affected by physic and how, after acceptation. DE would do the rigging.

About energy effect, it's a bit the same, you have to put the pattern you want to move on the energy texture's alpha and DE will be able to scroll it across on a certain direction if you ask them.

8 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

If you want to add jiggly parts or anithing aftected by physic, you have to create them and precise you want them to be affected by physic and how, after acceptation. DE would do the rigging.

About energy effect, it's a bit the same, you have to put the pattern you want to move on the energy texture's alpha and DE will be able to scroll it across on a certain direction if you ask them.

Awesome, ty for that info!

i would change the back of the head to mak it look more organic, than add a little engraving around the faceplate, and some parts (like the ears would be better flat) and the most important part is for it to look like part of titania, so there should be more detail surrounding the head

3 hours ago, midtarget said:

i would change the back of the head to mak it look more organic, than add a little engraving around the faceplate, and some parts (like the ears would be better flat) and the most important part is for it to look like part of titania, so there should be more detail surrounding the head

I was recently working with the normal map to make some vine/leaf engravings around the edges of the face plate and they actually kinda worked with it. There will defiantly be more detailing later on. I am not sure about the ears yet. I had 2 versions and I dropped the one where the ears wrapped around the back of the head. The overall silhouette didn't look to great to me. 

@ldegroodt115 Good idea.

I like it, good work, Nonya! I'd say the only touches it needs are a few secondary color lines either on the faceplate or around the sides of the faceplate. Maybe have a spiral design that tapers up the glow-stalks? 

The helmet also needs a few of the thorns on the top or sides that match the collar that goes around the back of her neck. Especially in her tertiary, dark gray color. 

One last thing I could say is that it would look even better if you could invert her glow-stalks/pixie antenna so that they bend forward rather than back as they currently do. 

Sorry if that was a lot of suggestions, but a few small touches and you'd have a helmet Titania fans (and me) would love to buy! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2017 at 2:24 AM, EchoesOfRain said:

It's been a while since we've gotten an update on this, hope you're still continuing with it!

Hey thanks for showing interest. I had to work on another project so I could pay rent but I'll be back working on it soon. ^^