The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros Scaradea Helmet (WIP)

Peridont

Since my fiancee @NegusAlmighty got me back into Warframe again (and suggested I'd try my hand at this) I decided why not and came up with a scarab inspired helmet for Inaros (since I went for some more bug like appearance on my Inaros). I usually sculpt for 3D printing and concepting only so the whole texture part is giving me a bit of a headache (as well as my laptop having some trouble handling some stuff lmao) but I'm doing my best to try and figure everything out... Anyways, this is what I got so far, and any feedback/tips would greatly be appreciated!

Concept Sketch:

Spoiler

DjWR6kY.jpg

LTMmxWq.jpg

sA9H0jJ.jpg

2 minutes ago, Archistopheles said:

If the front bug feet move, it's game over for me...

Ha! I've thought about that, if I can ever figure out how to do that... maybe xD But I'm still stuck on the whole normal map part (and ZBrush, SP and my laptop not cooperating properly...) so this will... take some time x_x (unless I find someone to collaborate??? Or if my friend can figure it out, he's been helping me some with good suggestions and stuff and I might be able to outsource some stuf my laptop can't handle to him since he has access to rendering stations bc of his job and uni)

7 hours ago, Bravely_Casual said:

Its my understanding that DE does the animations on their end.

Ah, yeah, but it'd still need to be rigged for that first, that's mostly what I was referring to. (I'll also be a bit slow with updates on it for a while since @NegusAlmighty and I are getting married in a week)

Thanks! I'm uhm.. working on it but run into a little problem aka getting errors that my laptop is out of memory and cant do the tasks so uhm... time to buy more RAM before I can finish this lmao
I'll see that I can do some mockup sketches though so I can decide what areas should be tintable and stuff though.

This one is awesome!

I hope you can solve your technical difficulties soon because I would totally buy WHATEVER is made for Inaros at this point.... 

9 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Hmmm, Khepri inspired Inaros helmet huh? Works for me. Poor inaros is plagued with some of the worst looking helmets in game, so this will be a nice step up in that regard.

I 100% agree with you, but "Plagued" is super generous LOL; we only have the Canopic (one of the most horrible Warframe cosmetic EVER made), the Anubis and the Standard... that's it.... 

I need more love for my Inaros :sadcry:

On 9/11/2017 at 6:45 PM, RubenRosas said:

This one is awesome!

I hope you can solve your technical difficulties soon because I would totally buy WHATEVER is made for Inaros at this point.... 

I 100% agree with you, but "Plagued" is super generous LOL; we only have the Canopic (one of the most horrible Warframe cosmetic EVER made), the Anubis and the Standard... that's it.... 

I need more love for my Inaros :sadcry:

Yeah I'm ... not a big fan of the Canopic, I do really like the Anubis though! No updates for the next few days though sorry, I'm getting married this friday to @NegusAlmighty (and then we'll catch the Plains of Eidolon stream afterwards)

6 minutes ago, Peridont said:

Yeah I'm ... not a big fan of the Canopic, I do really like the Anubis though! No updates for the next few days though sorry, I'm getting married this friday to @NegusAlmighty (and then we'll catch the Plains of Eidolon stream afterwards)

No way, seriously? That's such a momentous & joyful occasion, Tenno Wedding :heart: :heart:

I seriously hope @NegusAlmighty doesn't look like Nef Anyo tho, although without his suit Nef Anyo looks kind of handsome :surprised:... now I'm conflicted lol... yet still happy for you two :community:

PS: I'll still be waiting for my Inaros helmet :]

30 minutes ago, RubenRosas said:

No way, seriously? That's such a momentous & joyful occasion, Tenno Wedding :heart: :heart:

I seriously hope @NegusAlmighty doesn't look like Nef Anyo tho, although without his suit Nef Anyo looks kind of handsome :surprised:... now I'm conflicted lol... yet still happy for you two :community:

PS: I'll still be waiting for my Inaros helmet :]

Oh if only I looked like Nef Anyo irl..

'I'm only marrying you for the credits!' @Peridont

Thanks!

PS: dont worry ill be... bugging them.. about it ;D

Somehow managed to squeeze some sketching in between my mother stressing both of us out bc of the wedding, but I managed to get some first conzept for color distribution down- this ones pretty much just for my personal reference for when I can get the texture stuff working. Also some small change notes for the front.. leg.. spikes? I want to change their shape some, as well as replace the module thing on the back "leg" with a different design. Just reworking some smaller stuff.

fyqa3Oc.jpg

• 2 months later...