The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unexplored Warframe concepts!

TrustyPeaches

I was looking at the Warframe roster and thinking about what "gaps" exist in the thematic lineup.  We've got pyromancers, illusionists, mummies, ninjas, pirates, fairies, and more:  so what's missing?  

1.  A Ghost, Spectre, Spirit, Reaper:  This arguably has already been covered somewhat by Nekros, but Necromancy is distinct from being an actual Ghost.  A warframe based around ghostly powers such as intangibility, possession, and / or soul reaping could be really cool; maybe with visuals based around ethereal mists and fog with a frame being visually inspired by norse mythology. 

2. A Cyborg:  Yes, I'm aware that all Warframes are to some extent robotic, but I mean a real cyborg: a "my arm is going to turn into an energy cannon" cyborg.  Energy Cannons, Rocket Jumps, the possibilities are endless.

3. An Engineer / Turreteer: Vaubun is sort of an Engineer, but a Warframe based around manipulating stationary or mobile turrets hasn't been done yet and could be pretty interesting.  Perhaps turrets could work like Volt's Shield, where one can pick and up and drop them with an energy drain.  Or abilities could revolve around buffing sentinels, or perhaps even using multiple sentinels.

How about you guys?  Are there any warframe concepts you think could be cool that haven't been explored yet?

Edited by TrustyPeaches

Hmmmmm. . . While I have the hyper-tech turreteer concept painted out over in my Moshpit of Ideas, the ones that stick out real big and are much beloved by the community appear to be a 1) Toggleable Beastial Frame and 2) Daemonic Frame.

Edited by Unus

Yeah can re-confirmed, you did not dig hard enough into the Forum.

Spirit Frames was suggested right after Harrow Release.

Cyborg been proposed but shuttered behind Salad V's door.

Turret Frames been suggested many time, and yes Vauban is Tatical, hence Chroma is the Turret Frame, still have yet to see or looked for the WarFrames Idea that scream Turret directly. How about Octavia?

1 minute ago, DesFrSpace said:

Yeah can re-confirmed, you did not dig hard enough into the Forum.

Spirit Frames was suggested right after Harrow Release.

Cyborg been proposed but shuttered behind Salad V's door.

Turret Frames been suggested many time, and yes Vauban is Tatical, hence Chroma is the Turret Frame, still have yet to see or looked for the WarFrames Idea that scream Turret directly. How about Octavia?

The intention wasn't to suggest concepts that NO ONE had thought of, just ones I thought were cool and weren't currently in the game.  

A Time-manipulating frame would be cool, but all the abilities I can think of as typically associated with such powers already belong to other Warframes.  Nova slows enemies down, Limbo stops time altogether, Volt Speeds up allies...  They would need to be creative.

No idea how a Team Fortress style DPS frame that would revolve around turret management could be balanced to make it both skill based and powerful enough to be worth using, i imagine something like this to be implemented like Nidus-s stacks making the turrets more powerful but being able to give stacks just with energy would be utterly broken and cheesed every time a Trinity is in the team, it would need a stack gaining mechanic that unlike Harrows energy gain can actually work in a team without the team working against you while still being difficult enough.

On 9/12/2017 at 7:38 AM, (PS4)thegodofwar12345 said:

I always pondered the concept of a "Fossil" frame, being based on ancient creatures. The Warframe could have a Dinosaur esque design and be quite tanky.

Other unique concepts for frames could be Knights, Tribal, Viking, Vampiric, or even Arachnid/insectoid

Oh that'd be really cool.  

Some kind of Ooze / Sludge based warframe could be cool.