Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Prime: Update 21.7.0

[DE]Megan

Not gonna lie, these shotgun stats aren't lookin too good right off the bat.  Gonna have to test the hell out of this=.  But, being shy of 100% status without a riven AND having only a 1.6 crit multiplier really sucks.  I'd expect more out of a MR10 weapon.

1 minute ago, TheDefenestrater said:

Not gonna lie, these shotgun stats aren't lookin too good right off the bat.  Gonna have to test the hell out of this=.  But, being shy of 100% status without a riven AND having only a 1.6 crit multiplier really sucks.  I'd expect more out of a MR10 weapon.

The only shotgun anyone ever needs is the tigris prime... so. 

• Overhauled all aspects of physics engine for general optimization. You shouldn't notice anything, but since we literally touched all aspects of physics we are hoping you can keep an eye out for odd new behavior....Like the defense target walking off the map constantly in mission 2 of today's sortie? :D

12 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Hydroid Prime’s mesh having holes.

I'm glad DE saw this too.

And now the Corpus have a power hammer. Expect Corpus Paladins*.

*The basis of these theoretical Corpus supersoldiers will be in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Specialized cyborg Corpus supersoldier-commanders, with the first replacing The Sergeant. Imagine the legs from Ambulas Reborn, made into humanoid legs, and the arms from Razorback, resized to fit around the Corpus commander who had been cybernetically augmented to allow a direct neural connection into what can only be called the Corpus version of a Warframe.

To put it simply, they are Corpus who willingly underwent excessive, perfected renditions of Grineer augmentation - so you'd see a mechanical connection port coming from their spine, elbows, and outward-knees.

They adorn an exo-suit built out of reconstituted Proxy parts and are armed with a random array of Corpus weapons, but always carry a specialized Volt shield projector component and the new Corpus power hammer at all times. 

To put this in a terribly crude form, they're basically Reinhardt from Overwatch, or a stereotypical heavy-armoured warhammer-wielding shield-toting commander archetype.

No offense but, kinda still waiting on Hydroid's kit to be made good. 

His 1 is still low value-to-time, 2 is useless still, 4 is definitely not ult-worthy, passive is a bad joke, and his 3 isn't even 'op' like the youtubers initially reacted: it's just another item in an already-long list of things that looks good when theory tested in the Simulacrum but isn't actually nearly as great in real mission application. All things that scale with enemies look good when compared to things that don't, and when given proper time and ripe targets to see their max theoretical potential in a controlled environment with nothing else going on.

I was sort of happy about this...untill I saw the PBR part

Yup, I moustly hate it, not as much I thought I would, but I still hate it. So let's quickly go over what we lost and gained.

Spoiler

SQCNW8YCQpm4dwJkGI8grg.png

Before^^ - Looks perfectly fine and the yellow is sparse as it should be.

mHl3B-zoSV2PkaNhwoBwRA.png

After^^ - Way too much yellow, ''gold'', in all the wrong places and dear Stalker that helmet!

I will give you this DE, the texture on everything looks a lot better...and that is the only thing I am happy about here. 

First off, let's start with the elephant in the room. The helmet simply looks AWFUL with some colours and the pictures above should show it perfectly ''Oh you want gold for your Accents? Well too bad, now you have to choose a diffrent helmet...but non of them really fit anymore because of the lack of metallics''. Separate colouring for helmets and bodies will easily fix this, but that's not the point here.

Second, the torso is almost perfect...but there is still a problem. Noticed how the Accents only coloured some little lines before? Well now those lines are tied to the Secondary slot, making you loose a lot of little details. Said little details can be very important when you are trying to look good with more then two diffrent colours and I am sad to say that this is nowhere near a problem only with the PBRed Proto Armour.

Already crashing when viewing the research UI in the dojo after about a minute. Crashed 2 times already before I could get to add resources to the new weapons research.

Also crashed in arsenal looking at the updated proto skins. Looks like the games going to be unplayable for a while. Can't do anything without crashing it seems :S

Edited by Cmdr-A

I'm all for new weapons and such, but in reality, making new and effective weapons while ignoring to buff older weapons to compensate for the power creep is not very smart in my opinion. And no, rivens aren't the answer to making  and poorly performing weapons great again

Edited by Cebian