Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Hide Owned" in Foundry

Omnijack

What do you mean? It shows you when you own an item...

dwq7926.png

Sounds like you mean more like hide stuff that you ahve leveled to 30 before or parts to what you own?

I don't like the thought of hiding anything in the foundry since that is where we build stuff.

I may be completely misunderstanding you though; if so please explain more.

Edited by AlabamaHit

I cannot say I have ever been looking through the foundry and wished I couldn't see the things I had. It makes it easy if you want to trade full sets.

Also, the foundry has a 'search' function. Using that really would negate the need for the ability to 'hide owned'. 

I'd agree with this, but not for the reasons you mentioned.

I wouldn't want to hid items I'd made.  I'd want to hide items I would never build again.  Regular warframes.  Regular weapons.  Event items that will never be used again.  Regular restore discs.  Things like that I'd want to hide.

I would say just using the search bar is sufficient. I mean, if you do not know the name(s) of what you are after, I am not sure hiding random things would help much.

I can imagine a foundry filter would need a large number of hide options to satisfy everyone, might be too much work currently.

1 minute ago, Troll_Logic said:

No options needed.  Just a checkmark on each item marked "Hide" and a button toggle with "Show All"/"Hide".

So, you have to go through and select what to hide?

I certainly wouldn't use that system.

I mean, the foundry does have some (broad) filters already. It doesn't really need anything extra. It works fine as is.

11 minutes ago, krc473 said:

So, you have to go through and select what to hide?

Yes

11 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I certainly wouldn't use that system.

Why?  It isn't as if there are thousands of items that would take days to go through.  Next time you go to build a forma, simply <click>, <click>, and <click>, and all the apothics are now hidden.  Do the same when building a greater team restore disc and all the regular restore discs and antitoxins are hidden.  Go through the melee and the dual zoren, dark swords, and so are now hidden as well.  No more having to scroll through the chaff to get to the wheat.

A person can go through every section in under thirty seconds at most and BAM! The junk is hidden and only the good stuff is left.  In some cases, I'm betting it eliminates the scrolling completely.  

Now what happens when someone has to build a regular weapon to sacrifice for a new weapon?  They simply click the "Show All"/"Hide" button and voila!  All items are shown.  They click the item to build, clock the "Show All"/"Hide" button again, and now the items are back out of the way.

It's a fast system that takes very little time for the tenno to hide what he wants to hide.

20 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Why?  It isn't as if there are thousands of items that would take days to go through.

Currently, there are more than 400 weapons and frames in the game. Each frame has four parts to it. When you include all the other stuff, yes this could be approaching a thousand things.

Personally. I have built nearly everything in the game. I am not going to go through and tick everything I have. That would be a waste of time. I can just search for what I want to build.

8 hours ago, krc473 said:

Currently, there are more than 400 weapons and frames in the game. Each frame has four parts to it. When you include all the other stuff, yes this could be approaching a thousand things.

A quick count of the stuff in my Foundry is 366 items.  I know I missing some things like all the Vauban BPs (Each was 100 ducats so I sold them all) but many other items are in the dojo.  I still think you're making my point for me.

8 hours ago, krc473 said:

Personally. I have built nearly everything in the game. I am not going to go through and tick everything I have. That would be a waste of time. I can just search for what I want to build.

Yes, you can.  You could also spend 3 minutes out of the thousands you are going to spend in the game and hide all of the items that you're never going to use.  You make it sound like clicking on the useless items will take fours hours of your time as you go through the items and check the wiki for each one for some reason.  It wouldn't.  You only do it once and then you wouldn't have to search every time.

5 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

Yes, you can.  You could also spend 3 minutes out of the thousands you are going to spend in the game and hide all of the items that you're never going to use.  You make it sound like clicking on the useless items will take fours hours of your time as you go through the items and check the wiki for each one for some reason.  It wouldn't.  You only do it once and then you wouldn't have to search every time.

I think whether or not someone would do it comes down to the person. Yes, technically I could do it. But no, I wouldn't do it. My problem is that currently, regardless of how many things can be built, I build a total of five things.

Personally, I would say a 'hide owned' system (as OP suggested) would make more sense than a checkbox one. After all, owned items are already ticked (X owned). 

Edited by krc473

On 9/8/2017 at 4:58 PM, krc473 said:

I think whether or not someone would do it comes down to the person. Yes, technically I could do it. But no, I wouldn't do it.

I really think you are exaggerating the time and trouble it would take.  You make it sound like some onerous task that will take twenty minutes with careful cross-checking when it would probably take less than three to go through all of the sections.

On 9/8/2017 at 4:58 PM, krc473 said:

Personally, I would say a 'hide owned' system (as OP suggested) would make more sense than a checkbox one. After all, owned items are already ticked (X owned). 

There a few problems with that.

The first is re-usable items.  I don't want restores showing but I want squad restores to show.

I would want keys to show whether I owned any or not.

I don't want regular BPs to show, but I like the prime ones showing because it let's me know what I have.

I don't want the antitoxins to show.

I don't want the exilus mod to show because I'll never build one using the foundry.

I don't want the apothics to show.

I don't want the event BPs to show, but I would want the Retribution ones to show because I may build those.

I think there are just too many exceptions for the general "Hide it if I own one" rule to work.

• 3 weeks later...

Up. Foundry UI is cluttered with dozens of frame parts you've already crafted. I'd really like a solution to hide stuff either : already crafted, already owned (but that would not work for frames parts), or being able to hide items manually with a checkbox (but that'd make the UI a lot heavier, and you already have DB issues).

Edited by Harestation