The Remote Observer: Vol 13

[DE]Taylor

146a7c65702a6909661d2c29fc1dc5b4.jpg

PAX West is over, which means we're back with another edition of the Remote Observer. As always, be sure to catch our round-up of update note highlights in Volume 13

=======

Have QOL changes you'd like to see? Is there something that doesn't seem to work the way its intended?

Let us know below and include links to your own threads if you got 'em. We are also always looking for potential QOL changes from UI upgrades to mechanic tweaks. Be sure to share them in a comment - even if it's a question about intent!

Spoiler

P.S. The Prisma Angstrum being untradeable is a bug and will be fixed in the next patch! (it will also be given its own Codex entry as well)

Can we have sorts updated so selecting the same sort as you currently have from the menu reverses it's direction?  It's fairly often I want to see which weapons I don't have at rank 30, and since I have a lot of weapons - and since weapons you don't have appear in the list - it's a pretty long scroll to find the weapons I need to level up yet.

15 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We are also always looking for potential QOL changes

Howdy [DE]Taylor.

Returning player here, and I'm still getting used to the newest rendition of the Star Chart.

The only thing that's really bugging me about it is the "Replay Mission" button, and when the host selects a mission for the group.

In both cases, I can't clearly see what mission I'm getting into. I see text at the top of my screen, sure, but when a node has 2+ missions stacked on top of it, it's almost impossible to tell the details.

For example: If I'm running a Corpus VS Grineer 3-mission chain, and I hit "Repeat Mission" after beating the first, there is nothing <obvious> confirming that I'm still fighting for the same faction. I find myself quitting out of my group, and re-selecting the node so that I can be sure I get the right mission, for the right faction.

If the "Repeat Mission" button instead had the options [Continue Fighting for The Grineer 1/3] and [Fight for the Corpus 0/3]

or for Sorties [Proceed to Sortie 2/3]

or just [Replay "Nightmare Spy" on Bode, Ceres?]

That would really improve the quality of my game-life.

• I want to be able to turn in syndicate medallions from either the dojo or the orbiter, rather than having to visit a relay. Donating resources into the clan treasury rather than only credits would be really sweet too.
  • Quick-parry is something I miss greatly and I want to be able to like the Vaykor Sydon, but without quick-parry it's really hard to get into it especially since the stats randomly reset themselves & don't save if you stop parrying. At least a timer where the stacks go down one by one would be nice, that could enable reflex-guard to be popular once more.
  • My friend a while back mentioned he wishes he had a search function in the starchart, so he could search for node names, resources, mission types, factions and so on and it would grey out the ones that didn't fit what the search had in it.
  • Being able to save password on logins would be really sweet, too. I understand some sloppy people will enable it in public and it eventually would lead to more support tickets & having to roll back accounts but.. I still would like one.
  • Clear chat button! Sometimes squad disbands or you're answering a question that was answered faster, so you want to remove what you've written. You have to hold backspace to remove it all, I wish there was an X in the chat to clear it or something similar.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Navarchus

Hey Taylor, do you remember about the Harrow energy bug I described a few weeks ago? Probably not, so I'll help :P Harrow's emissive textures disappear for some reason if you're either the host or you're a client and then cast either his 2 or 4. During the ability's duration it returns, but then it goes away again.

Also, friendly reminder that the Sybaris Prime "horns" are sometimes tilted some angles forward, making 'em look down -- although sometimes it goes back to normal. Your animation team should probably take a look at it. It's alive I tell you!

Thanks for your time Taytay! :D

An idea i've had for a long time: 

how about allowing us to forma a mod slot repeatedly so that that spot can accept multiple polarity mods and get the points reduction for all the polarities that you formaed that spot for? On the UI you could simply add the polarity symbols along the top of the mod slot, so instead of only having one symbol in that area, you could potentially have about 5 polarity symbols up there.

I see this as a win-win. This would stimulate an explosion of forma expenditure (which earns DE money) and players are able to create more flexible builds, which will allow them more freedom to experiment, so therefore extract more fun from the game.  

Currently the only ways to achieve this is to either build multiple copies of whatever the item is, and then forma each differently, or repolarise slots all the time. Only a very small minority of players go to this extreme. DE would earn more money by allowing multiple polarities.  Just think of the forma that would be spent on warframe aura slots alone!

Edited by (PS4)Fairfied

Could DE please consider going back to telling players when an alert is a Nightmare BEFORE they begin the mission? Currently the only way to tell if an Alert is a Nightmare is to avoid clicking the mission on the Alert screen, and instead travel directly to the specified node, click it, and look at what comes up. Nightmare Alerts don't appear to be any different from 'regular' Alerts, until you get into the mission and find you have no shields, or some other drastic condition which is suddenly in effect. DE, please go back to the old system of clearly notating Nightmare Alerts.

And while I'm on my soapbox, DE, can you please also clearly mark Archwing missions again? I'm not a fan of the mode, and prefer not to play those nodes. But once again, like Nightmares the only way to find out if a given mission is an Archwing is to take the time to go to the node first and click it to see what mission description or artwork comes up.

For a game as well-designed as Warframe, failure to clearly mark these uncommon mission types as being different from the vast majority seems to be an incredibly slipshod oversight.

Edited by FierceRadiance

As plains of eidolon demonstrated during the creation of your own weapon, it would be nnice to have a option to better view our guns/melee weaponry when coloring them, a similar camera mechanic would be cool to see.
Could this be used or tweaked for warframes/archwing/archwing gear also? Since for sure archwing will be very relevant for exploration/combat

I still believe that these changes would improve gameplay significantly. Let us fire/ads while sprinting. Reduce weapon switch times to 100 milliseconds. Stop Rolling from interrupting our reload. Etc. These things make sense now considering where Warframe is gameplay wise.

Thanks as always [DE]Taylor!

On 9/8/2017 at 4:26 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

[...] Is there something that doesn't seem to work the way its intended?

Let us know below and include links to your own threads if you got 'em.

I'd still love to see Zephyr's passive fixed that broke last year. It's been a tad frustrating trying zip around when you're fighting against gravity to say the least lol.

Thanks!~

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

On 9/8/2017 at 4:26 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Have QOL changes you'd like to see? Is there something that doesn't seem to work the way its intended?

Let us know below and include links to your own threads if you got 'em.

Quoting for visibility.  Regardless of any other argument, this alone should qualify the syndicate sigil mechanic to be changed.  Period.

Syndicates QoL sigil changes: 

1) do away with the 1-15% on individual sigils and replace with:

a) Each OWNED sigil gives a 1% boost to syndicate rep. 

b) On warframe selection screen, a Syndicate tab is available for the player to select which syndicate he is pledging towards. 

c) On syndicate tab, player can select the sigil of his preference as long as it's for the pledged syndicate, or set it random (default).

d) If  there is any syndicate sigil in the frame's appearance, it will be replaced by the one chosen at the syndicate tab. Attributes like color, transparency, size, rotation are preserved. 

TITANIA

Needs a QoL/synergy pass on her abilities. 

Abilities 1/2/3 should be castable all on the same target, ragdolled targets, mind controlled targets. Also castable on Shadows, ghosts, specters, temporary companions & other warframe-power created avatars (Nekros Shadows, Loki Decoy, Atlas Rumblers, Nova Null Star, etc). Friendly targets wouldn't be ragdolled/floated/paralyzed, but the area effects would follow them.

Lantern is self-defeating in that the enemy floats so far that he does not attract or damage anyone. Should increase damage/attraction range, de-aggro enemies, and float towards the floor/nearest enemy regardless of range. Holding the Lantern button should allow Titania to attract the lantern towards her like a kite. 

Warframe Mod Build slots, Cosmetic slots, Forma

1) Ability to get more than A,B,C slots for additional builds - both for cosmetics - fashionframe is the endgame after all - and for mod builds.

2) Re-Forma. Sometimes it is just not possible to have every build you want in a frame. Building two frames is too cumbersome to do, the builds would be split in separate, but similar places, causing confusion. It's just not clean.

From a game economy perspective, all that is necessary is to give players a reason to grind, or spend plat to skip the grind, to justify the investment in developer time.

THE SOLUTION:

RE-ACT! 

Put a second, third, fourth etc. Orokin Reactor on the same Warframe to unlock additional perks.

There are 5x more weapons than frames, Orokin Reactors run at a surplus eventually. Also drives up demand for Reactors, increasing plat demand.

Each reactor beyond the first would grant the following:

1 extra build slot and

1 extra cosmetic slot

1 mod slot would become "Primed".

A Primed mod slot Has a -10% mod point cost for any mods regardless of polarity and has no polarity. It can be forma'ed, but instead of polarizing, it will reduce mod cost by an additional 10%, up to a max 50% mod point cost reduction. Upon Priming, a mod slot will take into account existing polarization (if any), and will start at 20% mod point cost reduction instead of 10%.

Primed mod slots also increase the demand for Forma.

Edited by BrazilianJoe

MAKE NON-INFINITE MISSIONS ALMOST  INFINITE

Give us choice between "Fight Again <-> Back to Liset" at the end of non-infinite missions, using the same UI of infinite missions for voting. 

Even if you have to reload the level with a Liset Hyperjump intermission screen - you can at least shave of the "Back To Liset - Go To Mission Again" roundtrip. Keeps teams who want to keep fighting together for longer, with less time in-between missions.

I like the game is quite fun so there are me ideas coming up hope yo like to:

1) I would like an option to change the type of skeleton more feminine or more masculine in the warframes, thus we would be putting more feminine or more masculine the figures of the warframes, example the most athletic women or smaller but sweeter .

2) a history tab missions and a info of the current mission running on.

3) Now the colors I see a bit misleading to buy now, I would like to see satiny or metallic colors with textures or different shaders, then if, I would buy them at 75 pl :).

4) like BrazilianJoe say, a run mission again or repeat button with no delay.

5) I was playing with joypad and I cannot configure right now like i want the secondary fire button, I liked the select ability menu but just miss pointing and clicking with the same stick R3 then I would like an option to add additional buttons to the configuration of joystick or game controller : Example Y joypad + Keyboard E.

Peace :) like a Ninja Warframe ;)