The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Death Of Riven Mods

(PSN)CrimsonAxure

What is your reaction when you get a riven from sortie? I unveil them if they are easy enough, but what does everyone do with their riven? I started unveiling after i thought "I'm gonna be a man now" Because i gave up on my first riven, which i unveiled and got an Ogris riven. I unveil 2 rivens, I get a Zhuge riven, Dex Dakra riven, and a few days later, my friend gives me an Atomos riven. Someone wanted the Zhuge riven, and i end up getting a Volt Chassis BP. Dex Dakra and Atomos are still waiting to be sold.. And i don't think that they will ever be sold, because i see no Dex Dakra or Atomos users at all. I unveil now because i could get a really good riven like a War riven or something that i can sell for platinum. The Dex riven i got has 3 stats, +Crit chance, +Crit damage,         -Status chance. The problem is, Rivens aren't as popular as they used to be, people are always trying to sell rivens and i don't see many riven buyers. How can i easily find X users looking for a riven for X? I've tried trade chat, Region chat, no one uses Dex Dakra or Atomos, and i don't want to just turn the riven into endo or credits either. Rivens seem kind of dead, i sold my first Veiled melee riven for 130p, then 110, then 100, then 80, 60, yesterday tried selling a veiled melee riven, and got offers like 30p, 40p. The other riven prices haven't changed very much. I used to generate platinum by selling rivens, but now i just stick to camping in trade chat and looking out for people that want to buy mods that i have. I don't know what to do with the unwanted rivens that i get. Of course, i see people that say WTB Unwanted rivens, i send them link(s) a few seconds later, i get a reply saying "Sry no" . I don't know why they don't want it.Even if i get a riven for a really good weapon, i can just speculate that no one is going to buy it. I don't know  how to make lots of platinum in one day anymore. It used to be rivens, Then Trinity gets vaulted, I try selling my Trinity sets but no one is buying. I also try selling Nekros, but no one buys. i haven't made much platinum over the past month because of the death of riven mods. I can't really say that riven mods are a scam, but from my perspective, riven mods are dead. 

Edited by (PS4)PS_90210

Atomos rivens are rare and I'm personally on the look out for one. If I get a riven I'll usually unveil it. I have about 40 rivens though that I need to reroll. In my experience even after 100 rolls one isn't likely to get the stats they are looking for. I'm desperately waiting for either a change in how we acquire kuva or riven stat locking before taking on this monumental task.

I never unveil them, I use them for plat or trade them for rare mods... even though they are the endgame ultimate mods (if you get good stats). RNG has always been a kryptonite to me in every online game I have played and apparently there is no real solution to it that would appease the masses of players in any game, so I try to do minimum rng as possible resigned to any rng I met in any game I play or try to find a steady way I might get the same result without it.

So to me they are a steady way to Trade be it plat, rare mods or prime parts, for now. If the RNG factor changes or diminishes to a point it's not so toxic to me (joking, Im exaggerating but you get my sentiment) , in the future I might invest in it, like I done with other things DE has change in the past.

Edited by 0zryel

I never unveil them, I use them for plat or trade them for rare mods... even though they are the endgame ultimate mods (if you get good stats)

One Banshee (or pretty much any other thing that can buff itself) > one "god tier" riven all day, any day.

I can't really say that riven mods are a scam, but from my perspective, riven mods are dead. 

Just because you can't effortlessly make 1000p a day, gotcha.

I do think that rivens are garbage but for another reason. They do not serve their purpose. Trash weapons are still trash even with all positive stats on it and strongest disposition, no amount of rivens or rerols gonna change the crappy stats of ether sword for example (with that ~5% crit and status). Because good weapons without rivens > sht weapons + good riven. AND kuva takes forever to farm and it's tedious af to do so it's not worth the effort.

Edited by -Temp0-

13 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

They do not serve their purpose.

They do. It's just Rivens don't magically save all the weapons in the game, however, they considerably widen the "viable" range of weaponry. They won't make your Cronus into a top-tier, sure, but plenty of other melee weapons, snipers, shotguns, bows, and other niche arms can receive boosts enough to compete and outperform general mainstream weapon choices.

Rather than saving garbage-tier weapons, Rivens mostly help weapons that have a seemingly viable stat-line and working concept but lack sheer numbers to perform well. The weapons that make you ask yourself "well, it looks nice and all, but why would I use it over %weapon_name%?"

Garbage-tier weapons are, well, garbage-tier and currently are irredeemable. Which is fine in my opinion, as the game must have a considerable pool of "bad" weapons for the player to work their way through, otherwise there'll be no sense of growth and progression which would kill the very point of playing a grinding game in the first place.

They do. It's just Rivens don't magically save all the weapons in the game, however, they considerably widen the "viable" range of weaponry

No they don't. What's more important, it takes so much time often to get stats that will actually make x weapon better that it's literally not worth it -  you either spend shtton of kuva or platinum. For a literal trash of a weapon when you can just pick a normal one instead + several formas to even FIT that riven.

And weapons that they "make better" are generally an okey weapons that can be used without rivens. They literally just "make them better". Which is like nothing really - if your supra can kill say level 50 grineer and supra with riven can kill lv 70 what's the effing difference? There's none. And most of them only amp the damage, they don't drastically increase accuracy, clip/magazine size, reload speed and things like that at once.

Rather than saving garbage-tier weapons, Rivens mostly help weapons that have a seemingly viable stat-line and working concept but lack sheer numbers to perform well.

Just grab a freaking buffer - any buffer - and you're done. Instead of spending time on farming and rng just take Mirage/Banshee/Chroma/Octaia/ect. It's that simple.

but plenty of other melee weapons, snipers, shotguns, bows, and other niche arms can receive boosts enough to compete and outperform general mainstream weapon choices.

They won't. They still will stay niche just now "stronger" so now your dread with riven will kill sortie bow only lephantis x% faster than regular dread.