The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scoped pistols in Sniper-only sorties

AlienOvermind

These new scoped pistols are basically secondary sniper weapons. So, can we have them allowed for sniper-only sorties? It would make sense thematically and would give some more options to players and also wouldn't break the idea of sniper-only challenge.

Edited by AlienOvermind

These are not anything like sniper rifles really though, they are really underwhelming in terms of damage and rely solely on combos, they are literally just scoped pistols withhout even adjustable magnification on the scopes, glorified pieshooters.

I consider even Lex/Prime to be something closer to a sniper secondary, if it only had a decent scope it would be pretty close, also it has its downsides which is low fire rate and its recoil which Knell and probably Arca Scisco don't have and is a defining factor of sniper weapons in gaming, basically the fire rate and recoil is what supposed to make sniper sorties harder and scoped pistols we have in game don't share the downsides of the typical heavy hitting sniper rifle, these pistols are more like heavily gimped DMR-s with an unjustified reliance on an unwieldy combo mechanic, would ruin the whole point of this sortie restriction.

44 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

Would also help with those that don't own a sniper rifle outright. Have run into far too many randoms that don't own a single sniper rifle and refusing to leave the squad for whatever reason when the Sniper Only sorties come up.

worse they bring unranked unmodded sniper rifles

as a fan of snoopers my heart diesabit when i see these people :l

10 minutes ago, kgabor said:

These are not anything like sniper rifles really though

Yeah, in Warframe "scope = sniper rifle". Becuase by your logic things like Opticor should be included in sniper-only sorties too. And while I personally wouldn't mind that, I doublt it would happen.

Also, I don't agree that the idea of sniper-only challenge is that specific — "force them to deal with slow fire rate and heavy recoil". I think it's actually more of "force them out of comfort zone" by using something different from thier usual weapons of choice. Reason i think so is because Bow-only sorties allow Attica and Zhuge too. And they are nothing like bows.

And now that Bow-only sorties came to mind — it also would be nice to have all Ballistica variants allowed there.

Edited by AlienOvermind

It would actually make more sense for the Opticor to be in sniper sorties than assault rifle only where it currently is but it doesn't require as much aim as sniper weapons due to it recently becoming an Aoe weapon, it's more like an Ogris that only deals damage in a straight line now but doesn't really fit either the assault rifle or sniper category.

Tbh. i really just want to forget the abominations that are the Attica and the Zhuge, i mr-d them up to 30 and never bothered using them again, they are just boring to me, same as Lenz.