Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When will the PS4 Pro patch be released?

(PSN)Sieruken

Question

12 answers to this question

Higher frame rates aren't the issue, PS4 Pro runs at 60FPS solid when you have the right Tenno with the right connections in your team. However, 4K support, HDR, better texture filtering and supersampling to clean up the image for 1080p Tenno would definitely be a welcome improvement.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Sieruken said:

Higher frame rates aren't the issue, PS4 Pro runs at 60FPS solid when you have the right Tenno with the right connections in your team. However, 4K support, HDR, better texture filtering and supersampling to clean up the image for 1080p Tenno would definitely be a welcome improvement.

um last time I checked PS4 Pro cant do 4K its all upscaling , HDR sounds nice tho

You're somewhat right, wipeout omega is 4K native but it's a track game just like Forza 7 so, yeah, big deal. Yet digital foundry and buds I know can attest the checkboard rending to 4K vs native 4K is barely noticeable in motion for most titles. Plus DE's engine is surprisingly well optimized, I know PC users pushing 60fps 1080p with GTX 750ti's which is impressive for the engine.  As for the patch, I'd prefer supersampling down to 1080p and HDR myself, it really cleans up the image nicely.

DE has been quiet.

Edited by (PS4)Sieruken

With all the PoE work, I think this probably got deprioritized.

Then again with XBox One X on the horizon, perhaps DE is working on a simultaneous patch release.  The biggest change I can think of is HDR support, followed by options to choose resolution vs performance, like what you see in some Pro supported games.

On another note, If I had my way, I think DE should work with Sony to release a special PS4 Pro color edition bundle (or with a special skin on the console).  I'll pre-order a few in a hearbeat. :)

On 9/11/2017 at 11:06 AM, bad4youLT said:

um last time I checked PS4 Pro cant do 4K its all upscaling , HDR sounds nice tho

Because you're too stupid to check for yourself, the Ps4 Pro Does do 4K. It's only in some titles that it uses the checker board rendering to render at 1800p and upscale to 4K. So thank you for you opinion <insert sarcasm>. PC guys get butt hurt easily. I also own an Xbox One X and a gaming PC so are you going to argue what point. I have been dying for this feature 2 for my Pro to support HDR 10 and native PRO support so that i wont only depend on the "Boost" feature to keep things smooth.  

Thank you DE for your great work.

17 hours ago, (PS4)primelink said:

Because you're too stupid to check for yourself, the Ps4 Pro Does do 4K. It's only in some titles that it uses the checker board rendering to render at 1800p and upscale to 4K. So thank you for you opinion <insert sarcasm>. PC guys get butt hurt easily. I also own an Xbox One X and a gaming PC so are you going to argue what point. I have been dying for this feature 2 for my Pro to support HDR 10 and native PRO support so that i wont only depend on the "Boost" feature to keep things smooth.  

Thank you DE for your great work.

no games on PS4 pro run at native 4K   "Digital Foundry" , enles your talking about indie 2D pixle titles

I aint no PC elitest , I simply use facts , something console fanboys dont even bother to use

eddit: 1800p isint 4K its more of sub 4K much like 1080i isint 1080p , on top its "checker board: wich is special upscaling techniqe wich only renders half of pixels in set resolution so its not even 1800p to begin with , and you call me stupid here

Edited by bad4youLT