Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

1 hour ago, Unus said:

I mean, it's definitly a Tenno weapon by design, could be a part of the "Orokin descendant" pedigree.

Alternatively, it could be a creation of the post-War Tenno, without a lineage to trace back along, perhaps birthed from some Soma scraps an enterprising Tenno put togethor as a time-spender?

Really up to you suh! 

On the one hand, an un-prime version would go against my original concept. I'd have to make it weak enough that back when the Soma was the meta, it would be a viable alternative. And the thought of purposely making a weak weapon for players when so much of the game is dominated by either old standouts that form the power ceiling or new standouts that edge against it. Stuff that would've been okayish in early days (Veldt) is released underpowered for fear of making them too good.

On the other hand... PRIME. Also if I do this I'm going to have to make Somesha Prime. Which actually doesn't sound that bad now that I think about it. AUTOSHOTGUN (with a flamethrower) PRIME! 

I think I'll be okay with it. Un-prime version will hold 50 rounds or so, Prime will hold 80. Possibly 100. I'll just finish this version and get to priming it when I have the original done.

PROGRESS UPDORT: NEW FRAME COMING

e65d7d0b54c1b6a012ce7fc75746784a.jpg

So, I have a new frame planned on! That image is all you're getting for hints on what he's like.

Unfortunately, I vastly underestimated the amount of work I might have to do (possibly a landscape, a lore quest, a "Wham episode" as tvtropes calls it, trying to keep the post from being too wall-of-texty...) so I'm going to have to put this off for awhile.

Fluffy’s Warframe Concepts MEGAUPDATE

Ganymede Part 1A
GAGARIN himself

Named after an ancient hero of pre-space times that first ventured from the Mother Earth. Control gravity in its many forms with the gravity Warframe 'Gagarin', or bombard enemies from high above."

_gagarin__fan_made_warframe_by_haruaxema

ABILITIES

Passive 
Rocket Jump - 
Extra bullet jump charge and speed. Bullet jumps do fire damage.
O2 Tank - Does not lose health in space.
(I toyed with resistance to toxin damage, but that just seemed like a terrible idea)

Active
1. Meteoric - Charge in the direction of aiming reticule. Hitting enemies with it leaves them unaffected by gravity for a short time, floating in the air.(Note: think of it like a combination of Slash Dash and Rhino Charge)

2. Gravitic Crush: Releases a super-dense gravitational anomaly that pulls enemies in, dealing magnetic and IPS damage when enemies are within a small radius of it. Imagine it as Vauban's vortex if it traded stability for motion. Has 1.2m enemy punch-through, but no object punch-through and will stop at hard surfaces. It’ll still be active upon hitting them or exhausting its punch-through, still sucking enemies in, but it explodes after a short time.
(NOTE: the size of the anomaly is affected by power range mods. For maximum effectiveness, try to see how many enemies it can nearly miss instead of hitting.)

3.  Nullgrav: Creates a localized null-gravity area that acts much like the Low Gravity modifier in Sortie and Nightmare missions. Enemies will go flying from impacts, lose their balance, leap too far, move too slowly, experience increased status duration, and otherwise lose any sort of coordination. Melee damage and speed are intensified within this zone.

4. Grav-bomb: Releases a "tether" from Gagarin, which centers around an enemy.... and then flings them into the air, inverting gravity. Has slightly less duration and range than Rhino Stomp, but more damage and height - especially including the damage from hitting the ceiling. And from falling. It's also better at targeting areas than Rhino Stomp. If Stomp is a shotgun, grav-bomb is a precision rifle.

(NOTE: Think of it like the supercharged leash thing from Bulletstorm.)

Equipment Set

1. Singulare maul: Tenno hammer that creates gravitational anomalies (represented by magnetic damage) on slam attacks. Has surprisingly high puncture damage. 
  2. “Kosmos” Survival handgun: duplex-auto survival revolver capable of high-status flare rounds and high-crit buckshot.
    Trigger: Duplex
    Magazine: 6 (3 trigger pulls)
  3. “Korolev” Rocket Launcher: Tenno high-status homing incendiary rocket launcher. Has a zoom function (Of course it does). Using the zoom function allows it to home in on enemies.
    Trigger: Semi
    Magazine: 3

Helmets:
Raconteur” helmet - a raygun gothic visage inspired by Isaac Clarke and the Rocketeer helmet.
Default” helmet - Inspired by astronaut helmets. If you look closely at it, you can see a skull-like face behind the visor! This is a reference to something, but definitely not anything from Warframe's lore at all.

Other Information

“I don’t understand, Operator. Gagarin was a hero of Ganymede - or at least, that’s what the Tenno archives say. That said, Gagarin’s archives are in quite an appalling state. Up for some more investigating so that I may fill in these unsightly blanks?”
Ordis

Gagarin was designed with space supremacy in mind, and made to bombard enemy positions from the air, such as Sentient and, during lulls in the war, <DATA CORRUPTED> elements and other <DATA CORRUPTED>. His kit allows for aerial (and, according to surviving Orokin records, orbital) supremacy and bombardment.

While often compared to a Rhino model, Gagarin is far more fragile than more heavy-armored frames such as Frost, Rhino, or Valkyr. His true strengths lie in crowd control and aerial bombardment.  A Gagarin may not have the raw killing power or durability of other frames, but it will have the power to easily disrupt crowds, pick off stragglers, and render enemies easy pickings for <DATA CORRUPTED> ҉ 

His kit - a rocket launcher that homes in on areas, a survival revolver with flares and shotgun rounds, and a gravity hammer - were specifically designed for this purpose ҉” Tenno archives on Ganymede describe Gagarin as being a hero of the moon, singlehandedly destroying Sentient positions on the moon, using an orbital reflector as a bludgeon against a  Sentient dr͆e͇̣̞̘̱̣̒͐̓a̜ͬ͆d̠̼̘̱̞ͣ̀̈́n͈̗̦͍o̦͉ͣͥͬ̚u̦ͮ̎g̎̿͒ht-t͓͔̬͕̭͍͎ͫͫ̐͒̇̈͂ form ҉  He had a curious attachment to Ganymede, and some suspect that before he <DATA CORRUPTED> a <DATA CORRUPTED> from there. Either as <DATA CORRUPTED> or <DATA CORRUPTED> ҉ 

<DATA CORRUPTED>

-but curiously, the people of the Free Moon of Ganymede hate̶̢̻̖͔̙̜̽̅̅̂̄͞  ảnd  f̶̨̨̨̤͍̫̳̂̃͐̽̍̏ea̢̗̩̮͈͕̲͗̿̂͌̊̋r him, regarding him as a t̩̑̆ṟ͌ͫ̾̋ai͓̗̤͑̇̈̔̏̓ͣͅt̩̟̥͓̋̅ͮͦͭͪ̔ō̅r̎ͯ̎͐ in the way that most Corpus do. However, he is referred to in far more unfavorable terms by the denizens of Ganymede ҉”. Records, legends, and nightmarish stories of a great evil perpetrated by Gagarin exist, detailing how the Warframe found the Orokin elites of Gan̬̗̭͉̤̼͓ͯ̾ͯ̐̑̈̀ͅy̥͓̘̱͉̟͕̣̘ͥ̏̋̀̈́̇ͤͥ̚mede and-

<DATA CORRUPTED>
<TO BE CONTINUED>

ARTIST NOTES:

I’ve been caught in a rut lately, by just making weapons. A rut full of high-crit weaponry with similar characteristics, Tenno weapons inspired by real-life weapons, and falling into the same patterns again and again. Meanwhile, someone from DE once said that if they just kept making weapons, they wouldn’t be in the place they are. And my friends, @Almighty_Jado, @HugintheCrow and @Unus have all done things far more ambitious than extra weapon drops. 

And that’s something I feel like I should emulate. 

So, to that end: Here it is. The first Warframe I’ve ever designed. The third ability feels a bit weak to me, but then, I’ve always had trouble with  third abilities. This is why I’ve never made a werewolf Warframe. Thaaaat, and if I do that it’s only a matter of time before the frame becomes too similar to Valkyr and I give up.

Apologies for not coloring Gagarin in the manner to which a lot of my followers have likely become accustomed, but Gagarin is so much more complex than a drawing of a gun that I was genuinely scared of making the attempt. Plus, I haven’t figured out his color scheme.

For those of you wondering just where this will be continued, the answer is simple. IN A JOJOS REFERENCE  Nah, it's actually meant to be part 1 in a tetralogy of four, featuring:

1.This Post - Gagarin himself.
2. Weapons - Gagarin’s kit of Singulare, Kosmos, Korolev, and other things that haven’t been drawn yet. (Admittedly, the weapons are probably the least important part here, but I prefer not putting these off.)
3. Story - Wondering what the data corruption was? Curious about the Free Moon of Ganymede? Want to see me throw your operator into a disorienting out-of-genre experience? Find out in the quest to find Gagarin. An open-world quest may be included. Will in all likelihood only be on the forums.
4. Open World - The world this unlocks.

These will eventually be covered in a mega post on the forums featuring all four.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

2. Gravitic Crush:

Makes me think of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VvyPD02UJU (NSFW, probably, maybe, definitely)

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

4. Grav-bomb

Does it affect one dude?

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

<TO BE CONTINUED>

This video is unavailable. But I got the idea.

Looks like a promising first pass for your first Warframe!

The first ability seems maybe a little too... generic? I feel like you could afford to work some synergy into his kit, possibly his 1 could act as the missing link. I'll try to think of something unique and fitting to his character and get back to you on that.

The second ability, cool, no problems. A projectile version of Vauban Bastille reminds me of the gravity cannon from Momentum Missile Mayhem 3 (highly recommend playing if you want to kill 3 hours of your day)!

The third ability is actually not as weak as you think. The increased melee speed and damage would actually be quite useful, but the effect of suspending enemies in the air may be annoying depending on how it would be inputted from a functionality standpoint. Good examples of enemy suspension: Rhino Stomp. Bad example: Strangledome.

Grav Bomb is interesting, but also seems like the kind of ability everyone would describe as "wonky". Of course, depends on how its exact behavior would play out in game. Does feel like it's missing something, can't quite put my finger on it, though.

10 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

The first ability seems maybe a little too... generic? I feel like you could afford to work some synergy into his kit, possibly his 1 could act as the missing link. I'll try to think of something unique and fitting to his character and get back to you on that.

I'd be very intrigued to hear about that!

13 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

The second ability, cool, no problems. A projectile version of Vauban Bastille reminds me of the gravity cannon from Momentum Missile Mayhem 3 (highly recommend playing if you want to kill 3 hours of your day)!

Weirdly enough, I was actually thinking the black hole gun from Enter the Gungeon, but that works too! It's actually funny, the second ability was there because originally, he had this boring copy of Frost's 2 that increased gravity on enemies, and I was all like "Okay, fluffy. Sit yourself back and ask: Is this really interesting?"

So I threw this together because someone on Fluoxetine's discord said I should have a black hole, and I was all like "This works."

14 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

The third ability is actually not as weak as you think. The increased melee speed and damage would actually be quite useful, but the effect of suspending enemies in the air may be annoying depending on how it would be inputted from a functionality standpoint. Good examples of enemy suspension: Rhino Stomp. Bad example: Strangledome.

Is it now? Huh. And agreed about strangledome. Rhino Stomp at least makes enemies easy to hit, but with strangle dome they just DON'T STOP MOVING, NYYYERG, I JUST... HEADSHOT... YOU... ARG... BUTTS... F***!

16 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Does feel like it's missing something, can't quite put my finger on it, though.

A description that doesn't rely on anyone reading it having played Bulletstorm already? 😛

2 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Fluffy’s Warframe Concepts MEGAUPDATE

PART 1/4:
GAGARIN himself

Named after an ancient hero of pre-space times that first ventured from the Mother Earth. Control gravity in its many forms with the gravity Warframe 'Gagarin', or bombard enemies from high above."

_gagarin__fan_made_warframe_by_haruaxema

ABILITIES

Passive 
Rocket Jump - 
Extra bullet jump charge and speed. Bullet jumps do fire damage.
O2 Tank - Does not lose health in space.
(I toyed with resistance to toxin damage, but that just seemed like a terrible idea)

Active
1. Meteoric - Charge in the direction of aiming reticule. Hitting enemies with it leaves them unaffected by gravity for a short time, floating in the air.(Note: think of it like a combination of Slash Dash and Rhino Charge)

2. Gravitic Crush: Releases a super-dense gravitational anomaly that pulls enemies in, dealing magnetic and IPS damage when enemies are within a small radius of it. Imagine it as Vauban's vortex if it traded stability for motion. Has 1.2m enemy punch-through, but no object punch-through and will stop at hard surfaces. It’ll still be active upon hitting them or exhausting its punch-through, still sucking enemies in, but it explodes after a short time.
(NOTE: the size of the anomaly is affected by power range mods. For maximum effectiveness, try to see how many enemies it can nearly miss instead of hitting.)

3.  Nullgrav: Creates a localized null-gravity area that acts much like the Low Gravity modifier in Sortie and Nightmare missions. Enemies will go flying from impacts, lose their balance, leap too far, move too slowly, experience increased status duration, and otherwise lose any sort of coordination. Melee damage and speed are intensified within this zone.

4. Grav-bomb: Releases a "tether" from Gagarin, which centers around an enemy.... and then flings them into the air, inverting gravity. Has slightly less duration and range than Rhino Stomp, but more damage and height - especially including the damage from hitting the ceiling. And from falling. It's also better at targeting areas than Rhino Stomp. If Stomp is a shotgun, grav-bomb is a precision rifle.

(NOTE: Think of it like the supercharged leash thing from Bulletstorm.)

Equipment Set

1. Singulare maul: Tenno hammer that creates gravitational anomalies (represented by magnetic damage) on slam attacks. Has surprisingly high puncture damage. 
  2. “Kosmos” Survival handgun: duplex-auto survival revolver capable of high-status flare rounds and high-crit buckshot.
    Trigger: Duplex
    Magazine: 6 (3 trigger pulls)
  3. “Korolev” Rocket Launcher: Tenno high-status homing incendiary rocket launcher. Has a zoom function (Of course it does). Using the zoom function allows it to home in on enemies.
    Trigger: Semi
    Magazine: 3

Helmets:
Raconteur” helmet - a raygun gothic visage inspired by Isaac Clarke and the Rocketeer helmet.
Default” helmet - Inspired by astronaut helmets. If you look closely at it, you can see a skull-like face behind the visor! This is a reference to something, but definitely not anything from Warframe's lore at all.

Other Information

“I don’t understand, Operator. Gagarin was a hero of Ganymede - or at least, that’s what the Tenno archives say. That said, Gagarin’s archives are in quite an appalling state. Up for some more investigating so that I may fill in these unsightly blanks?”
Ordis

Gagarin was designed with space supremacy in mind, and made to bombard enemy positions from the air, such as Sentient and, during lulls in the war, <DATA CORRUPTED> elements and other <DATA CORRUPTED>. His kit allows for aerial (and, according to surviving Orokin records, orbital) supremacy and bombardment.

While often compared to a Rhino model, Gagarin is far more fragile than more heavy-armored frames such as Frost, Rhino, or Valkyr. His true strengths lie in crowd control and aerial bombardment.  A Gagarin may not have the raw killing power or durability of other frames, but it will have the power to easily disrupt crowds, pick off stragglers, and render enemies easy pickings for <DATA CORRUPTED> ҉ 

His kit - a rocket launcher that homes in on areas, a survival revolver with flares and shotgun rounds, and a gravity hammer - were specifically designed for this purpose ҉” Tenno archives on Ganymede describe Gagarin as being a hero of the moon, singlehandedly destroying Sentient positions on the moon, using an orbital reflector as a bludgeon against a  Sentient dr͆e͇̣̞̘̱̣̒͐̓a̜ͬ͆d̠̼̘̱̞ͣ̀̈́n͈̗̦͍o̦͉ͣͥͬ̚u̦ͮ̎g̎̿͒ht-t͓͔̬͕̭͍͎ͫͫ̐͒̇̈͂ form ҉  He had a curious attachment to Ganymede, and some suspect that before he <DATA CORRUPTED> a <DATA CORRUPTED> from there. Either as <DATA CORRUPTED> or <DATA CORRUPTED> ҉ 

<DATA CORRUPTED>

-but curiously, the people of the Free Moon of Ganymede hate̶̢̻̖͔̙̜̽̅̅̂̄͞  ảnd  f̶̨̨̨̤͍̫̳̂̃͐̽̍̏ea̢̗̩̮͈͕̲͗̿̂͌̊̋r him, regarding him as a t̩̑̆ṟ͌ͫ̾̋ai͓̗̤͑̇̈̔̏̓ͣͅt̩̟̥͓̋̅ͮͦͭͪ̔ō̅r̎ͯ̎͐ in the way that most Corpus do. However, he is referred to in far more unfavorable terms by the denizens of Ganymede ҉”. Records, legends, and nightmarish stories of a great evil perpetrated by Gagarin exist, detailing how the Warframe found the Orokin elites of Gan̬̗̭͉̤̼͓ͯ̾ͯ̐̑̈̀ͅy̥͓̘̱͉̟͕̣̘ͥ̏̋̀̈́̇ͤͥ̚mede and-

<DATA CORRUPTED>
<TO BE CONTINUED>

ARTIST NOTES:

I’ve been caught in a rut lately, by just making weapons. A rut full of high-crit weaponry with similar characteristics, Tenno weapons inspired by real-life weapons, and falling into the same patterns again and again. Meanwhile, someone from DE once said that if they just kept making weapons, they wouldn’t be in the place they are. And my friends, @Almighty_Jado, @HugintheCrow and @Unus have all done things far more ambitious than extra weapon drops. 

And that’s something I feel like I should emulate. 

So, to that end: Here it is. The first Warframe I’ve ever designed. The third ability feels a bit weak to me, but then, I’ve always had trouble with  third abilities. This is why I’ve never made a werewolf Warframe. Thaaaat, and if I do that it’s only a matter of time before the frame becomes too similar to Valkyr and I give up.

Apologies for not coloring Gagarin in the manner to which a lot of my followers have likely become accustomed, but Gagarin is so much more complex than a drawing of a gun that I was genuinely scared of making the attempt. Plus, I haven’t figured out his color scheme.

For those of you wondering just where this will be continued, the answer is simple. IN A JOJOS REFERENCE  Nah, it's actually meant to be part 1 in a tetralogy of four, featuring:

1.This Post - Gagarin himself.
2. Weapons - Gagarin’s kit of Singulare, Kosmos, Korolev, and other things that haven’t been drawn yet. (Admittedly, the weapons are probably the least important part here, but I prefer not putting these off.)
3. Story - Wondering what the data corruption was? Curious about the Free Moon of Ganymede? Want to see me throw your operator into a disorienting out-of-genre experience? Find out in the quest to find Gagarin. An open-world quest may be included. Will in all likelihood only be on the forums.
4. Open World - The world this unlocks.

These will eventually be covered in a mega post on the forums featuring all four.

He's got that sculpted "Buck Rogers" look to him in my eyes. Barbaric chest like John Carter, but, tech savvy like Buck.

I'm not very good with designing Warframes, given how long it's taken for my Feynman suit to reach it's current refined state, but, in my eyes:

Passives seem fair. Was almost tempted to suggest that it's "so long as it's shield remains up." or even the mad "Regenerates health in vacuum.".

Abilitieswise, I am not equipped to say anything about, again citing how long it's taken my Feynman's suit to reach even semi-optimal standards.

Weaponswise, hehe, "gravity hammer, comrade edition.", "AH, I recall us talking about this one a fair ways back, based on the ol astronaut shotgun, right?", and "Inevitable really, seems to be a first-person-shooter staple we've been missing. You went fully original, I just retrofitted an Ogris with an enemy-lootable modifier.".

Helmetswise, "Hehehe, and I JUST mentioned his semi-retro appearence. . ."

and

"Almost tempted to say it might be fun to have a set of "pinpricks of light" in the general areas the eyes could be and that's it, maybe even several at once in a starscape style, but, I'm not your master. Furthermore, so, what'll it be? Mr. Kojima's Game Logo of "Ludo Sapians" or the Bungie Burnin Skull?"

Storywise:

Hm, just vague enough it just might work. I take it you have the details squirreled away in a design document elsewhere? Or, is this a more "organic formation"?

Huh, that third bit up there, are you actually actively crafting an "Alternate Reality Game" for this fellow? Or, will it be some manner of "Choose your own Adventure"?

Edited by Unus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Unus said:

He's got that sculpted "Buck Rogers" look to him in my eyes. Barbaric chest like John Carter, but, tech savvy like Buck.

...Unexpected, but a welcome surprise!

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Passives seem fair. Was almost tempted to suggest that it's "so long as it's shield remains up." or even the mad "Regenerates health in vacuum.".

Honestly, that's a relief. I was... For whatever reason, there was a lot of temptation to take this even further. I was kinda skittish about that one.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Abilitieswise, I am not equipped to say anything about, again citing how long it's taken my Feynman's suit to reach even semi-optimal standards.

Don't worry about it. Any feedback is appreciated! 

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Weaponswise, hehe, "gravity hammer, comrade edition.", "AH, I recall us talking about this one a fair ways back, based on the ol astronaut shotgun, right?", and "Inevitable really, seems to be a first-person-shooter staple we've been missing. You went fully original, I just retrofitted an Ogris with an enemy-lootable modifier.".

Right on all counts. Fun fact, I actually put a lot of work into making sure the Korolev (which is named after a Russian rocket pioneer) would work with Warframe animations. The Rubico Prime actually has a little bit that goes over the shoulder, so I worked from there. And yes, the Kosmos is based on a Russian shotgun revolver!

The flares weren't 100% intentional, especially because by sheer coincidence I have another revolver (It's Grineer!) that shoots flares planned. But I was thinking "Okay, so it's a survival weapon... flares just make sense."

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Helmetswise, "Hehehe, and I JUST mentioned his semi-retro appearence. . ."

1950s retro spacesuits are funny =D.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

"Almost tempted to say it might be fun to have a set of "pinpricks of light" in the general areas the eyes could be and that's it, maybe even several at once in a starscape style, but, I'm not your master. Furthermore, so, what'll it be? Mr. Kojima's Game Logo of "Ludo Sapians" or the Bungie Burnin Skull?"

I like the first one. It's not so much Bungie's burning skull as... this is kind of hard to describe. It's the sort of thing you'll only see if the angle is just right. Except, it's not necessarily a skull, it's more like what we see under the SPOILERFRAME's helmet.  Like this, combined with the SPOILERFRAME helmet.

s-l640.jpg

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Hm, just vague enough it just might work. I take it you have the details squirreled away in a design document elsewhere? Or, is this a more "organic formation"?

Yes and no. I have the details in a document I'm working on (they've been squirreled away, somewhat) but most of this is locked up in my head for the moment. The quest document is... oh, it sure is something. The landscape, however, that is totally me making things up on the fly. I don't really have many plans for that one. It's more of a story focus.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Huh, that third bit up there, are you actually actively crafting an "Alternate Reality Game" for this fellow? Or, will it be some manner of "Choose your own Adventure"?

...Fok that would've been really cool. Ah, piss. I would've loved doing that.

The zalgo text is just there to represent how corrupted the file is. The idea I was going for was that if you find lore fragments in an area unlocked by the quest (possibly nearby missions, possibly not) the file de-corrupts. 

Though I suddenly had a better idea. 

Tadius Ngoni's Superlative Memoratorium
(Requires The Sacrifice)

Antiques shop/drug den featuring Orokin orbiter decorations, martian pottery, Ostron pottery and cabinetry, Saturnian memorabilia, and pre-Anyo Solaris artifacts... and Ayatan Sculptures linked up to memory pods.

Tadius: "I've heard tell that this region has Ayatan treasures unlike any ever seen. Black, they tell me. Black, gold, and gray. You bring me these, I can rub it in Baro's smug prick face!"

Thus begins a mini-quest in the vein of finding Kuria... except in this case, you're looking for rare UMBRAL AYATANS. These UMBRAL AYATANS, once hooked up to Tadius' memory cryopods, will give you the story of why the original Gagarin went mad, and why he's so reviled by Ganymede...

Through his eyes. Much like a certain SPOILERFRAME.

On 2018-12-30 at 8:56 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

...Unexpected, but a welcome surprise!

Honestly, that's a relief. I was... For whatever reason, there was a lot of temptation to take this even further. I was kinda skittish about that one.

Don't worry about it. Any feedback is appreciated! 

Right on all counts. Fun fact, I actually put a lot of work into making sure the Korolev (which is named after a Russian rocket pioneer) would work with Warframe animations. The Rubico Prime actually has a little bit that goes over the shoulder, so I worked from there. And yes, the Kosmos is based on a Russian shotgun revolver!

The flares weren't 100% intentional, especially because by sheer coincidence I have another revolver (It's Grineer!) that shoots flares planned. But I was thinking "Okay, so it's a survival weapon... flares just make sense."

1950s retro spacesuits are funny =D.

I like the first one. It's not so much Bungie's burning skull as... this is kind of hard to describe. It's the sort of thing you'll only see if the angle is just right. Except, it's not necessarily a skull, it's more like what we see under the SPOILERFRAME's helmet.  Like this, combined with the SPOILERFRAME helmet.

s-l640.jpg

Yes and no. I have the details in a document I'm working on (they've been squirreled away, somewhat) but most of this is locked up in my head for the moment. The quest document is... oh, it sure is something. The landscape, however, that is totally me making things up on the fly. I don't really have many plans for that one. It's more of a story focus.

...Fok that would've been really cool. Ah, piss. I would've loved doing that.

The zalgo text is just there to represent how corrupted the file is. The idea I was going for was that if you find lore fragments in an area unlocked by the quest (possibly nearby missions, possibly not) the file de-corrupts. 

Though I suddenly had a better idea. 

Tadius Ngoni's Superlative Memoratorium
(Requires The Sacrifice)

Antiques shop/drug den featuring Orokin orbiter decorations, martian pottery, Ostron pottery and cabinetry, Saturnian memorabilia, and pre-Anyo Solaris artifacts... and Ayatan Sculptures linked up to memory pods.

Tadius: "I've heard tell that this region has Ayatan treasures unlike any ever seen. Black, they tell me. Black, gold, and gray. You bring me these, I can rub it in Baro's smug prick face!"

Thus begins a mini-quest in the vein of finding Kuria... except in this case, you're looking for rare UMBRAL AYATANS. These UMBRAL AYATANS, once hooked up to Tadius' memory cryopods, will give you the story of why the original Gagarin went mad, and why he's so reviled by Ganymede...

Through his eyes. Much like a certain SPOILERFRAME.

Ooooo, I can see a business starting up from this nutter. Patrons undergoing hundreds of experiences of varying kinds, then, offloading them for sale.

"What's it like to have a female perspective on the world? Jack in with "A Day in the Life of Jac." and see how the other half lives!"

"Wanna feel like a champ, but, to pess-your-pants scared to risk your life? Plug in "5 Rounds in the Hole with Uncle Xans" and see how a leading street fighter does their magic!"

Edited by Unus

4 hours ago, Unus said:

Ooooo, I can see a business starting up from this nutter. Patrons undergoing hundreds of experiences of varying kinds, then, offloading them for sale.

Exactly where Tadius gets so much of his business from!

Since Ayatans apparently contain memories, it just made sense to crib from Fallout 4's "memory den" like that. And, knowing that life in the Origin System is... less than optimal... I can totally see it becoming addictive. Tadius gets by without any penalties because, according to legal loopholes in Ganymede's charter, he's technically not selling drugs.

Oh, and one more thing about UMBRAL AYATANS: At the end of the miniquest, Tadius gives you one as an Orbiter decoration. Much like your reward for the Kuria hunt.

Gagarin Progress Updort - VOTING TIME!
or
Why Fluffy Doesn't Like Plague Star.

Confession Time: I actually had no concrete vision or ideas for the Ganymede open-world (if I'm doing such a thing) so, that'll probably be postponed awhile so I can work on decorating this corner I've forced myself into. Assuming I don't forget about stuff I planned on doing for the umphundredth time. 

1. PLANTS! As inspired by The Expanse. Ganymede would be a world of overgrown vegetation much like earth, but surrounded by farms and rice paddies similar to those found in east asia.  Just with a more Warframe twist, rather like this. There'd be some other common landscape resources (Ferros, Auroxium, possibly sentirum, venerol, fish scales, etc) in a move that would totally not be my own damn laziness and would instead just be me trying to add some connection between previous landscapes. Rather like how Neurodes and O cells can be found on multiple planets.

The thought occurs I should add in geysers somehow.

7754dc5fa8c6971f39385e8bea8d8401.jpg

(Background art of Oban Star-Racers)

2. "Boneyard" - Archwing-focused space open world, full of derelicts from a Grineer/Corpus battle. There'd be ships you could land on and explore, with possibly customizable arch-guns. As inspired by the ship graveyard from Deadspace 3. I know, Deadspace 3 is probably the weakest in the series, but the open roaming space segment was hella dope. Zooming through space, armed with my overpowered revolver, shooting necromorphs, looting spaceships...

Fun times.

dead-space-3-lost-flotilla.jpg

3: OCEAN MAAAN, TAKE BY THE HAA- Something ocean-related. because apparently Ganymede has saltwater oceans. I'm not sure I want to do this, because I feel like that's something that should be saved for Uranus.

hqdefault.jpg

So anyway. What're your thoughts?

One thing's for certain though: If I do a Plague Star-like event, I'm going to revamp it entirely. As it happens, I only put up with Plague Star because it's a good way to keep up with my voracious appetite for forma. (I refuse to use platinum to buy forma. I have more important matters to use it for) But Plague Star is...

...well, after the third or fourth time, it gets old, and you start getting tired of fighting discount Lephantis, and the mission just feels so long and uuuugh. There've been multiple times where I threw up my hands and gave up on playing Warframe for the rest of the day because Plague Star was just that much of a slog.

39 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

..well, after the third or fourth time, it gets old, and you start getting tired of fighting discount Lephantis,

Fun fact, I'm pretty sure it is actually MORE efficient (standing-wise, and due to this, forma-farming-wise) to completely forgo the the Hemocyte spawning things and only max out eidolon phylaxis.

43 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Fun fact, I'm pretty sure it is actually MORE efficient (standing-wise, and due to this, forma-farming-wise) to completely forgo the the Hemocyte spawning things and only max out eidolon phylaxis.

Huh. I think I'm angry about this. All this time I was fighting the same boss more often than Halo 5 players, and I could've just...

On 2019-01-01 at 2:03 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Gagarin Progress Updort - VOTING TIME!
or
Why Fluffy Doesn't Like Plague Star.

Confession Time: I actually had no concrete vision or ideas for the Ganymede open-world (if I'm doing such a thing) so, that'll probably be postponed awhile so I can work on decorating this corner I've forced myself into. Assuming I don't forget about stuff I planned on doing for the umphundredth time. 

1. PLANTS! As inspired by The Expanse. Ganymede would be a world of overgrown vegetation much like earth, but surrounded by farms and rice paddies similar to those found in east asia.  Just with a more Warframe twist, rather like this. There'd be some other common landscape resources (Ferros, Auroxium, possibly sentirum, venerol, fish scales, etc) in a move that would totally not be my own damn laziness and would instead just be me trying to add some connection between previous landscapes. Rather like how Neurodes and O cells can be found on multiple planets.

The thought occurs I should add in geysers somehow.

7754dc5fa8c6971f39385e8bea8d8401.jpg

(Background art of Oban Star-Racers)

2. "Boneyard" - Archwing-focused space open world, full of derelicts from a Grineer/Corpus battle. There'd be ships you could land on and explore, with possibly customizable arch-guns. As inspired by the ship graveyard from Deadspace 3. I know, Deadspace 3 is probably the weakest in the series, but the open roaming space segment was hella dope. Zooming through space, armed with my overpowered revolver, shooting necromorphs, looting spaceships...

Fun times.

dead-space-3-lost-flotilla.jpg

3: OCEAN MAAAN, TAKE BY THE HAA- Something ocean-related. because apparently Ganymede has saltwater oceans. I'm not sure I want to do this, because I feel like that's something that should be saved for Uranus.

hqdefault.jpg

So anyway. What're your thoughts?

One thing's for certain though: If I do a Plague Star-like event, I'm going to revamp it entirely. As it happens, I only put up with Plague Star because it's a good way to keep up with my voracious appetite for forma. (I refuse to use platinum to buy forma. I have more important matters to use it for) But Plague Star is...

...well, after the third or fourth time, it gets old, and you start getting tired of fighting discount Lephantis, and the mission just feels so long and uuuugh. There've been multiple times where I threw up my hands and gave up on playing Warframe for the rest of the day because Plague Star was just that much of a slog.

I mean, is it something you REALLY want to do? You can at least forge a tileset out and leave it at that. Worst thing to do is try to "run with it" if you feel you wrote yourself into a box.

Hm, so, a sort of pseudo--volcanic world with geothermally-warm seas and a "bread-basket" appearence? Perhaps the Grins and the Corpus actually fear that trying to take the world would essentially be murdering anyone who didn't live on Earth or chunks of Mars as well as committing sucide, given how "scorched earth" either group can get. A sort of artificial eden of sorts, focused on ideal living for crops.

Heh, given how Railjacks on the way, I'm almost tempted to say this would make a good compliment to it. You play the mission as normal, then, after completeing it, you get the option of revisiting the site and picking at it's proverbial bones for choice loot/ pessed off scrapping crews.

Heh, my little dream with Restless Depths. A mad dream, to be sure, but, one I love all the same. Wonder what you would do with this similar topic?

Do you think that some manner of randomization factor might improve it? Perhaps a set of "scripts" that mix togethor to make a mundane experience novel even longer? 50 or so should last a while.

5 minutes ago, Unus said:

I mean, is it something you REALLY want to do? You can at least forge a tileset out and leave it at that. Worst thing to do is try to "run with it" if you feel you wrote yourself into a box.

To be honest, yes. I'd like to challenge myself beyond just doing weapons.

5 minutes ago, Unus said:

Hm, so, a sort of pseudo--volcanic world with geothermally-warm seas and a "bread-basket" appearence? Perhaps the Grins and the Corpus actually fear that trying to take the world would essentially be murdering anyone who didn't live on Earth or chunks of Mars as well as committing sucide, given how "scorched earth" either group can get. A sort of artificial eden of sorts, focused on ideal living for crops.

It would explain both factions handling it with the kid gloves. The Grineer have a massive population of clones to sustain, and they need complex organics and food for it. Pretty similar things with Corpus, minus the clone thing. So while the Grineer and Corpus could hypothetically orbitally bombard it, they know they shouldn't because it could destroy the farmland.

And, taking into account geothermal instability (I don't know what happens if you orbitally bombard a tectonically unstable area but it can not be good) it could perhaps destroy it permanently.

11 minutes ago, Unus said:

Heh, given how Railjacks on the way, I'm almost tempted to say this would make a good compliment to it. You play the mission as normal, then, after completeing it, you get the option of revisiting the site and picking at it's proverbial bones for choice loot/ pessed off scrapping crews.

That does sound interesting...

9 minutes ago, Unus said:

Do you think that some manner of randomization factor might improve it? Perhaps a set of "scripts" that mix togethor to make a mundane experience novel even longer? 50 or so should last a while.

It's worked for Warframe so far! 😛 I mean, it's not like Warframe's tilesets aren't samey (they are) but at least it's less soul-crushing than going through the same hallway over, and over, and over again, sometimes backwards in destiny 1.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

To be honest, yes. I'd like to challenge myself beyond just doing weapons.

It would explain both factions handling it with the kid gloves. The Grineer have a massive population of clones to sustain, and they need complex organics and food for it. Pretty similar things with Corpus, minus the clone thing. So while the Grineer and Corpus could hypothetically orbitally bombard it, they know they shouldn't because it could destroy the farmland.

And, taking into account geothermal instability (I don't know what happens if you orbitally bombard a tectonically unstable area but it can not be good) it could perhaps destroy it permanently.

That does sound interesting...

It's worked for Warframe so far! 😛 I mean, it's not like Warframe's tilesets aren't samey (they are) but at least it's less soul-crushing than going through the same hallway over, and over, and over again, sometimes backwards in destiny 1.

Ah, that's fair, I just got a little worried in your response that you felt "trapped" because you announced something you didn't feel quite as over-joyed about.

We are sympatico for the first part. For the second, I do beleive that, if there was a large enough gas deposit beneath the impact zone, what you would get is essentially a popping-of-the-cork that will result in a centuries-long lasting fire. Happens occasionally with lightning strikes in reality.

Can't really eat ashes and flame, so, uh, hold off on the Fonorians, eh Hunkle Hek?

Just the first thing that came to mind suh. Thinking about scrap and salvage has been running with the theme of my current project, nice to see some of the bleed-over has some value to folks.

Yeahhhhhhh. . . reminds me a bit of Rage's level designs at times there. Several levels were literally just "run back to the entrance from the original exit" ones with some enemy changes thrown in.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

The Grineer have a massive population of clones to sustain, and they need complex organics and food for it.

4 hours ago, Unus said:

Can't really eat ashes and flame, so, uh, hold off on the Fonorians, eh Hunkle Hek?

Hek says:

"Oh, look what we have here! More fertilizer for our Grineer gardens! Your worm-bloated corpse will blend nicely with the excrement on my crops!"

in Saya's Vigil, hinting that they have their own fields. And then they seem to eat their own kind, maybe the bodies of the fallen, or those malformed/badly cloned, or both.

This actually reminds me that I was planning on making a "Grinner Cook Book" segment in my super-extra-bonus-lore section.

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, that's fair, I just got a little worried in your response that you felt "trapped" because you announced something you didn't feel quite as over-joyed about.

It's sort of both. Think of it like, uh... healing return!

(I promise this will make sense)

See, in terms of fighting sensibly in Warframe, I'm kind of stupid and have a tendency to rush into battles blindly. So, to work with my brutal tendencies, I slap Healing Return on many of my melee weapons (It's great on Broken War, due to the guaranteed impact proc. And also, it's hilarious with Exalted Blade) and often spam Warframe abilities on enemies for maximum Healing Return effectiveness. But once, I was on Lua, and I'd forgotten to bring a weapon with Healing Return. And I was all "Oh crap, SENTIENTS! I'm gonna be screwed!"

But then I thought "Nah, let's see where this goes. It's a challenge, I want to see how good I do here."

And it worked. At least, I'm like 90% sure I came away with neurodes and stuff.

Plus, trapped or not, doing the same thing over and over is not the Warframe way. If I was like that, I'd still be with a regular Frost, using the Dark Sword or dual heat swords with a Furis and Boltor. Warframe's all about doing new things. So, if I can decide to fight a completely different way, or play Index as Frost, or use Frost in missions with no defense component whatsoever, or finally take up archery and realize that Dread is hella dope, I can do this.

8 hours ago, Unus said:

We are sympatico for the first part. For the second, I do beleive that, if there was a large enough gas deposit beneath the impact zone, what you would get is essentially a popping-of-the-cork that will result in a centuries-long lasting fire. Happens occasionally with lightning strikes in reality.

Sounds like Centralia, Pennsylvania. Also known as the inspiration for Silent Hill.

img_7500.jpg

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Yeahhhhhhh. . . reminds me a bit of Rage's level designs at times there. Several levels were literally just "run back to the entrance from the original exit" ones with some enemy changes thrown in.

I never actually played Rage, but that sort of repetition sounds... soul-crushing.

I remember all the times I played Destiny, and I'd think

Oh, 

wow! New missions in this! I bet we're going to have new -"

2b70q8.jpg

"I have gone through this exact tunnel so many times." 

3 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Hek says:

in Saya's Vigil, hinting that they have their own fields. And then they seem to eat their own kind, maybe the bodies of the fallen, or those malformed/badly cloned, or both.

This actually reminds me that I was planning on making a "Grinner Cook Book" segment in my super-extra-bonus-lore section.

While the idea of Grineer having fields is interesting (I was admittedly more imagining them having some sort of industrial vat-growing setup) there's an interesting facet to what you just said:

Do you realizes that means that the Grineer are likely full of prion diseases? Seeing as prion diseases can often come from cannibalism, and prion diseases cause mutations in proteins (often in the brain) I'm pretty sure the effects of cloning from that would come out... wrong. Admittedly, prions have no DNA, but I'd be surprised if this doesn't affect the cloning process in some way.

I wonder if this means Grineer have kuru...

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

It's sort of both. Think of it like, uh... healing return!

(I promise this will make sense)

See, in terms of fighting sensibly in Warframe, I'm kind of stupid and have a tendency to rush into battles blindly. So, to work with my brutal tendencies, I slap Healing Return on many of my melee weapons (It's great on Broken War, due to the guaranteed impact proc. And also, it's hilarious with Exalted Blade) and often spam Warframe abilities on enemies for maximum Healing Return effectiveness. But once, I was on Lua, and I'd forgotten to bring a weapon with Healing Return. And I was all "Oh crap, SENTIENTS! I'm gonna be screwed!"

But then I thought "Nah, let's see where this goes. It's a challenge, I want to see how good I do here."

And it worked. At least, I'm like 90% sure I came away with neurodes and stuff.

Plus, trapped or not, doing the same thing over and over is not the Warframe way. If I was like that, I'd still be with a regular Frost, using the Dark Sword or dual heat swords with a Furis and Boltor. Warframe's all about doing new things. So, if I can decide to fight a completely different way, or play Index as Frost, or use Frost in missions with no defense component whatsoever, or finally take up archery and realize that Dread is hella dope, I can do this.

Sounds like Centralia, Pennsylvania. Also known as the inspiration for Silent Hill.

img_7500.jpg

I never actually played Rage, but that sort of repetition sounds... soul-crushing.

I remember all the times I played Destiny, and I'd think

While the idea of Grineer having fields is interesting (I was admittedly more imagining them having some sort of industrial vat-growing setup) there's an interesting facet to what you just said:

Do you realizes that means that the Grineer are likely full of prion diseases? Seeing as prion diseases can often come from cannibalism, and prion diseases cause mutations in proteins (often in the brain) I'm pretty sure the effects of cloning from that would come out... wrong. Admittedly, prions have no DNA, but I'd be surprised if this doesn't affect the cloning process in some way.

I wonder if this means Grineer have kuru...

Ahhhhhh, I think I get it, it's a "good pain", a catharsis to expand horizons and prevent stagnation.

It took me a few moments for research, but, YES, exactly as described, one little spark causeing an eternal fire (or at least one that burns long enough that anything of value will be long dead/crispy). The example I had in mind was "The Hell Gate of Darvaza", a wonderful product of Soviet. . . ahem. . . "genius".

Yeahhhhh. . . my fingers are tightly wound togethor that the sequel has learned what to avoid in the future.

4 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Hek says:

Oh, I have little doubt the grinic leaders have their own "private reserves" of sorts, personally attended fields that, if the rest of their civilization starves, they could live comfortably off of for decades. Hek seems to enjoy fertilizing his with the corpses of the dead, mixed with the likely gigatons of human "refuse" a grinic colony creates. FECKIN ELL, I know I've thought about it directly in the past with my Deimos project, but, thinking about it openly, can you imagine how horrible grinic sewers likely are, much less their farms?! The Grins may not even use any soil, just "night-soil" and corpse flesh laid out in neat rows for plants to grow in. Talk about a W.H.O. violation.

Edited by Unus