Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Thanks so much, dood.

That would be a dream come true.

I drew them on a pretty small scale, and used the lasso tool to remove a lot of the remaining bits of paper around them. It's... it can be a messy process.

To be honest, I had no idea what I was aiming for here a lot of the time. It was sort of "aesthetic and idea" over the actual crunch here... till I decided to take some inspiration from Euphona Prime.

It was... sort of meant to be Euphona Prime, but more forgiving build-wise. If you build for pure status it'll be fine in both modes, if you build for pure crit it'll be good in one mode and just okay in the other, but you'll probably still be alright if you go for a crit-status build.

I will consider this. Probably just gonna nerf it back to 2.0.

Ohhhhh.... yeah, that was a bit odd. I probably should've mentioned this earlier, but I was actually taking more inspiration from shotgun slug weapons like the Euphona... and Astilla. The idea was that it the flares act like the Astilla's AoE slugs, but with fire damage.

It's not as crazy as it seems. Since this thing is airburst, and thus doesn't have initial impact, it skips straight to the explosion. The Ogris' damage on explosion is listed as 600, so 534 (with slightly more crit) seemed like a safe bet. It may actually be lower than rocket launcher-like primaries such as the Lenz and Ogris!

Which is what the slightly above-average crit is meant to compensate for.

If anything statistically seems a bit off about the Korolev, it's probably because of the airbursting capability. That and the fact that it's another primary rocket launcher.

I'm genuinely relieved that I got this many things right with a melee weapon. I'll probably bring the critical chance down to 27% or so, then. 

Thanks for your commentary as always!

Need any help with the Tripura?

(Boy, ain't that the truth.)

Ah, I get it. Like performing surgery on a roach. Congrats on getting anything togethor at all!

AH! An alien process in my eyes, but, one that seems to have worked out somehow! Eyecandy-become-functioning machinery.

Roger dodger.

Ahhhhhh, I see a bit better now.

Hmmmm. . . I supposeeeee so.

That should do some worthwhile adjustment for it.

Welcome suh! If I can't get any, and I see someone who isn't getting any, I simply HAVE to step in! Just wish I could get a bit more consistant about it, perhaps also in my own publishing or on possible commentary for my own.

OH, for the Tripura? Honestly, I just need to make more time to continue part construction. The full layout is there, I just need to put it all togethor so that each individual piece and component fits togethor properly. Shouldn't be to hard given it's made from the components of several other products of Luxor, cutting costs, ya see.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Ah, I get it. Like performing surgery on a roach. Congrats on getting anything togethor at all!

For context: These were all from the same 5x7 piece of paper I drew Gagarin on. I think this makes the original drawing of the Kosmos about the size of my thumb.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

AH! An alien process in my eyes, but, one that seems to have worked out somehow! Eyecandy-become-functioning machinery.

To be honest, it's how things usually work in this thread. A lot of times it's been aesthetic first, gimmick later.  Or the gimmick being a function of the aesthetic, like with the Avakan, Depezador, and Meridian. Actual stats and role are often secondary, unless it's something like that time I released the Ostium, Tollen, and Zenban in quick succession because I was in a battle rifle sort of mood at the time.

It's something I wouldn't advise leaning on too heavily. That way lies Overwatch's "balancing" of McCree. I am convinced they went for aesthetic first and have no goddamn idea how he's supposed to play or what role he fills.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Ahhhhhh, I see a bit better now.

Don't even trip, dawg. It's what I get for getting lazy and sleeping on going that much into detail. I went for this so I didn't have the insane damage of the Euphona Prime's slug. 

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Hmmmm. . . I supposeeeee so.

What can I say? 😛

I love proximity-detonating explosives. They're like the grill thermometer of explosives because they remove so much guesswork. (Going by the frankly bizarre amount of Zarr headshots I get, I may not actually need it that much, but it makes me feel better all the same.)

Primary rocket launchers are... well, they're charted territory for Warframe, they're just not charted very well. This was.... well, it's weird. The Korolev is perfectly normal for a game like Destiny, but I can't think of anything like it in Warframe.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Welcome suh! If I can't get any, and I see someone who isn't getting any, I simply HAVE to step in! Just wish I could get a bit more consistant about it, perhaps also in my own publishing or on possible commentary for my own.

And I appreciate that! 

Your feedback and praise are the sauce that make the pasta that is this thread delicious.

...I think that coulda been done better.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

1 minute ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

For context: These were all from the same 5x7 piece of paper I drew Gagarin on. I think this makes the original drawing of the Kosmos about the size of my thumb.

To be honest, it's how things usually work in this thread. A lot of times it's been aesthetic first, gimmick later.  Or the gimmick being a function of the aesthetic, like with the Avakan, Depezador, and Meridian. Actual stats and role are often secondary, unless it's something like that time I released the Ostium, Tollen, and Zenban in quick succession because I was in a battle rifle sort of mood at the time.

It's something I wouldn't advise leaning on too heavily. That way lies Overwatch's "balancing" of McCree. I am convinced they went for aesthetic first and have no goddamn idea how he's supposed to play or what role he fills.

Don't even trip, dawg. It's what I get for getting lazy and sleeping on going that much into detail. I went for this so I didn't have the insane damage of the Euphona Prime's flechette. 

What can I say? 😛

I love proximity-detonating explosives. They're like the grill thermometer of explosives because they remove so much guesswork. (Going by the frankly bizarre amount of Zarr headshots I get, I may not actually need it that much, but it makes me feel better all the same.)

Primary rocket launchers are... well, they're charted territory for Warframe, they're just not charted very well. This was.... well, it's weird. The Korolev is perfectly normal for a game like Destiny, but I can't think of anything like it in Warframe.

And I appreciate that! 

Your feedback and praise are the sauce that make the pasta that is this thread delicious.

...I think that coulda been done better.

AH, so nooooo exaggeration in that regard!

Oh, I'd NEVER be able to honestly. We work from two different directions, and that's okay.

. . . is he. . . isn't he meant to be a "marksmen" sort of character? Not a sniper, but a headshotsmen?

Snot a crime to have a preference in the weapon's department, specially in the diverse world of Warframe! Just an annoying habit of mine to critique any weapon I stumble across that pursues that important dream that your latest associate mentioned above.

Heh, welcome suh! Always helpful to have a voice from the Void examine your work.

Tempted to ask you what you think of one of my latest pieces, but, I think if it was noteworthy in any capacity, someone woulda said something in the past few weeks.

Big question in the future will be if you may be able to help me out with a set of symbols I'd like to bring into being. Already ""milked""you for some complex quality art, not gonna make you do anything big and complex again like some creepy back-alley "friend".

9 hours ago, Unus said:

AH, so nooooo exaggeration in that regard!

I consider myself genuinely lucky that the Kosmos looks as good as it does.

Also I probably should've mentioned this earlier, but considering the shape of the revolver it's based on, that's not the hammer. The hammer is... actually, I don't know where the hammer is. It's very strange that way.

9 hours ago, Unus said:

. . . is he. . . isn't he meant to be a "marksmen" sort of character? Not a sniper, but a headshotsmen?

Is he? I... I'm not being sarcastic or whatev here, I genuinely don't know. Because in the early days of the game, the stat changes were so all-over-the-place that I didn't know if they were going for making him a short range powerhouse or a medium-range marksman. He went through long periods of effectiveness and ineffectiveness that made me genuinely wonder what they were going for with him.

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Snot a crime to have a preference in the weapon's department, specially in the diverse world of Warframe! Just an annoying habit of mine to critique any weapon I stumble across that pursues that important dream that your latest associate mentioned above.

Trust me when I say it's anything but annoying.

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Tempted to ask you what you think of one of my latest pieces, but, I think if it was noteworthy in any capacity, someone woulda said something in the past few weeks.

I had a couple thoughts, I just never got around to expressing them. I'll do that sometime in the near future, perhaps in about 4 hours.

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Big question in the future will be if you may be able to help me out with a set of symbols I'd like to bring into being. Already ""milked""you for some complex quality art, not gonna make you do anything big and complex again like some creepy back-alley "friend".

I have some graphic design experience. That can be arranged.

What are my plans for the future of this thread, you may ask? Well:

What's Next:
(As listed by order of "best guesses of when it'll come out") 

1. Another Art Dump should be coming soon, featuring weapons planned for the near future. Featuring:
    1. Another Grineer shotgun pistol. As inspired by two of Lycus' guns from Spacelords, neither of which are his gun S**t Happens. I like Spacelords. It turns out Harec is a natural fit for someone that's just come in from Warframe.
    2. A Grineer LMG with 37% status and mediocre crit of 16 or 18%
    3. Corpus shotgun/rifle hybrid beam gun
    4. A revolver of some kind.
    5. Possibly a Corpus burst crit rifle. It's very special. SSSH.

This will be much more detailed than other quantity-over-quality art dumps. The art and gimmick are a bit more polished, I just want to know what to do first.
  2. Alternator: Tenno version of the Alternator SMG (secondary slot). I'm thinking of calling it the Vlcak. It is pronouced "Vul-chak," if you are wondering, and it is named after a Czechoslovakian dog breed.  They're fluffy.
  3. Ganymede Rocket Sidearm: SOON
  4. Corpus precision rifle of some kind. I've been considering pulling a Quartakk with it, ripping out the old guts, and shoving in some new ones that coincidentally involve some semiauto rifle shenanigans. The Battacor, what with its select fire auto/opticor weapon shenanigans, kind of left me wondering what the point was. It'd just feel like a side-grade to the Battacor without any of what makes the Battacor so cool. Reh.
  5. Ganymede: Yes, I'm still working on Ganymede! I actually have artwork of the space elevator >50% done, now all I need to do is finish that and work on some drawings in the landscape. Due to the fact that there is no up or down in space, it can be viewed from "right side up" or "sideways." I don't necessarily want to put this on a back burner so far to the rear, but it's a lot of work and I get distracted easily due to working on fanfics in my spare time, existing in a quantum superposition of self-employed and unemployed, and starting a couple new books.
    1.  Due to my fluff-over-crunch mindset, not much mechanics-wise exist. Just some quest guidelines and one resource. Because of this, Ganymede will not have a modular primary system. It will, however, sell unique parts compatible with both kitgun and zaw systems.
    2. I'm also going to include various resources (or connections to resources?) that can be found on both PoE and OV to keep it connected to the rest of the game.
  6. Arch-gun flamethrower: For Gagarin. Because he's an astronaut frame, and there's a lot of metal gear references here, I had to. I feel like I have a rather loose grasp of the mechanics here.
  7. Sentient/Tenno Hybrid Guns: Yes. Yes I am. A burst rifle with some fun status attributes and a Sentient beam cannon. You could almost say it is a... TAU CANNON
    1. These will be offered to be part of @Almighty_Jado's own concept thread. Because I can.
  8. Grineer Flaregun Revolver: I've wanted to do this for awhile, I  just haven't yet. I keep getting distracted.
  9. Grineer Taser Slug Shotgun: I'm toying with it, but due to not having an actual drawing ready for photoshopping, it's on a low burn at the moment.
  10. Corpus weakpoint grenade launcher: Sometime. Much like the taser slug shotgun, it's on a low burn.

Ganymede 'Hiro' Tactical Gyrojet Pistol

ganymede__hiro__tactical_rocket_pistol_b

"This Ganymedean sidearm - the constant companion of their security forces - is a recoilless sidearm built for use nullgrav and planetside. This particular model comes with an airburst mode, used to force enemies out of cover."
Primary Fire: Minirockets
Altfire: Airburst
Unique Traits:
      Gyrojet Rounds - Rounds explode on impact.
      Rangefinder - highlights enemies - even through cover, within short ranges - when zoomed in.

(As it worked so well last time, stats are at the bottom)

The standard sidearm of Ganymede's security forces - particularly those around the A Bao A Qu space elevator. In standard firing mode, this .51 caliber exotic pistol's rounds explode on impact with enemies, dealing 2-3 status effects per hit. However, tapping the altfire key will fire a slower-moving airburst round that explodes in proximity to enemies, using both propellant and explosive payload for a larger blast radius that forces enemies out of cover.

The projectiles are slow enough to work for nonlethal purposes, and their archaic and exotic fin-stabilized rocket propulsion method gives them incredible versatility in nullgrav combat situations. Rounds carrying an explosive payload of this magnitude, however, exist in something of a gray area for Ganymedean security forces. On the one hand, the airburst function, antimateriel capability, and undeniable use against Grineer, Corpus, and Infested ensure they'll always be in demand...

...On the other hand, direct hits with this weapon are horrific. And in situations like that, it's common to shell out a higher-velocity weapon. Still, the Hiro has its uses, and its unique features that make this seemingly unwieldy weapon feel that much smoother.

It loads through a stripper clip. You pull back the slide, place it above where the ejection port would typically be on a normal pistol, and slide the rounds in that way.

As a note: These rounds (at least in primary fire) actually act more like the Astilla's slugs, just with far less dropoff, and no falloff. This may not be the strongest launcher pistol, but it's the most controllable, the least likely to kill you, and it holds the most rounds.

Downside? It has a small blast radius in primary fire, and it's non-hitscan.

Notes
I figure this may be a surprise, but... yes. This is Warframe fanart. Really. At the moment, I'm working on an independent colony as inspired by Fortuna and Cetus, and I wanted to do something different with the weaponry. As opposed to making another modular system. I wanted to go for a unique, different aesthetic that would stand out in Warframe. And I figured that having a Space Glock as a cousin to the Lex would be cool. What with the Corpus making so many energy weapons, I probably wouldn't get one from them!

So I made it myself.

I figured that gyrojets hadn't been done before, so this made sense. And, the longer I thought about it, neither had glock pistols. The crit may be a bit high for a 37% status weapon, but... well, I thought it would be fun. That and this is non-hitscan and fires one projectile. I think it may need all the help it can get.

As it happens, the secondary fire wasn't even intentional. At first, anyway. I had the random thought that there was absolutely nothing stopping me from giving this airburst capability. And I realized, that this being Warframe, it made perfect sense in its own bizarre way that made no sense.

Stats:

Shared
Crit Chance: 20%
Crit Multiplier: 2.4x
Magazine Size: 7
Fire Rate: 4.4s
Reload Time: 2.6s
Recoil: NOPE

Primary Fire
Total Damage: 160

On Impact:
Damage
: 96
      Slash: 36
      Puncture: 18
      Impact: 42

Radial:
Damage: 64
      Slash: 16
       Impact: 48
Radius
: 2.8m
Deals 60% of damage on initial hit, 40% in AoE.

Secondary Fire
Damage: 180
     Blast: 90
     Slash: 45
     Impact: 45

Radius: 4.2m

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36

15 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I consider myself genuinely lucky that the Kosmos looks as good as it does.

Also I probably should've mentioned this earlier, but considering the shape of the revolver it's based on, that's not the hammer. The hammer is... actually, I don't know where the hammer is. It's very strange that way.

Is he? I... I'm not being sarcastic or whatev here, I genuinely don't know. Because in the early days of the game, the stat changes were so all-over-the-place that I didn't know if they were going for making him a short range powerhouse or a medium-range marksman. He went through long periods of effectiveness and ineffectiveness that made me genuinely wonder what they were going for with him.

Trust me when I say it's anything but annoying.

I had a couple thoughts, I just never got around to expressing them. I'll do that sometime in the near future, perhaps in about 4 hours.

I have some graphic design experience. That can be arranged.

It may very well be an internalized hammer, like some British police pistols of the 40s and 50s.

One of the most-used characters in the game, yet, one of the most amorphous as well eh? Both facts may very well feed off each other, popular due to change and change due to being popular.

Splendid! I fully understand that not every man or woman will take being "under the microscope" as being a positive, so, it's always nice to hear that opinion aired.

Completely understandable suh! Round my neck of the woods, opinions on designs are an extremely powerful narcotic, so, you'll have to forgive me if I'm needling you.

AH! Thankfully, you likely won't have to pull out the full Arsenal for one of them, being as simple as it is. The other, however, does have a few cogs and gears to it that may need it. Well and truly up to your comfort and desire suh. 

On 2017-10-02 at 1:21 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Why thank you ^~^. Sometimes, I like to come up with thought experiments like "What if X faction had Y weapon that all the others do?" And a proximity-detonated grenade launcher for the Tenno seemed like a fun idea. I like proximity-detonated weapons, they make grenade launchers so much more fun.

...Seriously, even the infested have their own grenade launcher, and they're seemingly the last to get new guns. 

Also, fun fact - this is the grenade launcher it was based on. It was impossible for me to look at it and not think "Tenno."

0B25E547B1A75C9790E583D6316AD3C41E1457A2

this weapon should be reworked because the case its not relatively safe to use:  the rotating barrel looks hazard but it dont have a guard or any particular so it can get jammed because its exposed, by a dagger or team mates bullets or knockback, then ur finger gets pinched.    I hope it gets a proper re-work, nice quality.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

"This Ganymedean sidearm - the constant companion of their security forces - is a recoilless sidearm built for use nullgrav and planetside. This particular model comes with an airburst mode, used to force enemies out of cover."
Unique Traits:
      Rangefinder - highlights enemies - even through cover, within short ranges - when zoomed in.

The standard sidearm of Ganymede's security forces - particularly those around the A Bao A Qu space elevator. In standard firing mode, this .51 caliber exotic pistol's rounds explode on impact with enemies, dealing 2-3 status effects per hit. However, tapping the altfire key will fire a slower-moving airburst round that explodes in proximity to enemies, using both propellant and explosive payload for a larger blast radius that forces enemies out of cover.

The projectiles are slow enough to work for nonlethal purposes, and their archaic and exotic fin-stabilized rocket propulsion method gives them incredible versatility in nullgrav combat situations. Rounds carrying an explosive payload of this magnitude, however, exist in something of a gray area for Ganymedean security forces. On the one hand, the airburst function, antimateriel capability, and undeniable use against Grineer, Corpus, and Infested ensure they'll always be in demand...

...On the other hand, direct hits with this weapon are horrific. And in situations like that, it's common to shell out a higher-velocity weapon. Still, the Hiro has its uses, and its unique features that make this seemingly unwieldy weapon feel that much smoother.

It loads through a stripper clip. You pull back the slide, place it above where the ejection port would typically be on a normal pistol, and slide the rounds in that way.

As a note: These rounds (at least in primary fire) actually act more like the Astilla's slugs, just with far less dropoff, and no falloff. This may not be the strongest launcher pistol, but it's the most controllable, the least likely to kill you, and it holds the most rounds.

Notes
I figure this may be a surprise, but... yes. This is Warframe fanart. Really. At the moment, I'm working on an independent colony as inspired by Fortuna and Cetus, and I wanted to do something different with the weaponry. As opposed to making another modular system. I wanted to go for a unique, different aesthetic that would stand out in Warframe. And I figured that having a Space Glock as a cousin to the Lex would be cool. What with the Corpus making so many energy weapons, I probably wouldn't get one from them!

So I made it myself.

I figured that gyrojets hadn't been done before, so this made sense. And, the longer I thought about it, neither had glock pistols. The crit may be a bit high for a 37% status weapon, but... well, I thought it would be fun. That and this is non-hitscan and fires one projectile. I think it may need all the help it can get.

As it happens, the secondary fire wasn't even intentional. At first, anyway. I had the random thought that there was absolutely nothing stopping me from giving this airburst capability. And I realized, that this being Warframe, it made perfect sense in its own bizarre way that made no sense.

Stats:

Shared
Crit Chance: 16%
Crit Multiplier: 2.0x
Fire Rate: 3.0s
Reload Time: 2.8s

Primary Fire
Damage: 129
      Blast: 44
      Slash: 35
      Puncture: 21
      Impact: 29
Radius: 2.6m
Deals 70% of damage on initial hit, 30% in AoE.

Secondary Fire
Damage: 153
     Blast: 108

I'd like it if switching and deploying features were added to the weapons fire rate, and stow were to impact its performance, maybe that the weapon stowed can use energy to amplify and also help with channeling energy / armor effectiveness, while also amounting to how you could trigger some flashlights and crouch/cover bracketing passive skills, range finder and other operations. The case and its dual wield version should also come with some intrigue.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)santospizarro said:

this weapon should be reworked because the case its not relatively safe to use:  the rotating barrel looks hazard but it dont have a guard or any particular so it can get jammed because its exposed, by a dagger or team mates bullets or knockback, then ur finger gets pinched.    I hope it gets a proper re-work, nice quality.

You do realize that the picture you're talking about shows a weapon from Shadow Warrior 2 and not the actual art made by Fluffy?

39 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

You do realize that the picture you're talking about shows a weapon from Shadow Warrior 2 and not the actual art made by Fluffy?

well glad that we both do...just saying, am sure nobody else knows that....free tacos! over there!

Edited by (PS4)santospizarro
delicious

5 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

I thought everybody else would know that. Seemed pretty obvious I didn't make the sheng long, in fact.

I just posted it so everybody knew where the idea for the Proxima came from.

5 hours ago, (PS4)santospizarro said:

I'd like it if switching and deploying features were added to the weapons fire rate, and stow were to impact its performance, maybe that the weapon stowed can use energy to amplify and also help with channeling energy / armor effectiveness, while also amounting to how you could trigger some flashlights and crouch/cover bracketing passive skills, range finder and other operations. The case and its dual wield version should also come with some intrigue.

Perhaps another time. I feel like at the moment it's fine for what it is. Besides, I'm not gonna do a dual version. It's a launcher pistol, that sort of thing just... isn't done.

ALSO FUN FACT

The Hiro is inspired heavily by the Martian service pistol from The Expanse, as seen here. The fact that the other prominent pistol prop we see is a glock is surprisingly coincidental. I honestly didn't think too hard about that.

DpO2cZeXgAI-nF5.jpg

I could've sworn there was more orange. I was probably misremembering on account of the Martian assault rifle having much more prominent orange colors.

sdcc2015_20150708_235932-a.jpg

Another fun fact: I was considering adding a worn, "painted" look and wearing away some of the paint, but I liked how clean and minimalist it looked.

Tenno "Depezador" Magnum Revolver

depezador_prime__2019_rework__by_haruaxe
"The quintessential officer's handgun of the Old War. High critical-damage revolver with a 9-round cylinder built around a central single-shot shotgun barrel."
Special Traits
Headhunter:  Adds +18% critical damage on headshots up to 5 times.
Break-action: The cryotic shotgun blast is now recharged by headshots. It takes three headshots in a row to refill it.

LORE

While many high-powered pistols of the Orokin Empire can make the claim to be hip-holstered sniper rifles, the Depezador Prime is more of a hip-holstered marksman rifle. From its primary barrel, it fires 12mm laser-sliced magnum rounds that shatter inside the body, causing massive internal bleeding. From its secondary barrel, it fires a unique cryotic-based 20 gauge buckshot round, which freezes enemies and opens them up to devastating finishers.... 

Or, more commonly for users of this weapon, headshots. A ballistic analysis device in the Depezador Prime adds 18% critical damage after headshots, setting enemies up for devastating headshot combos that end with a headshot that simply laughs in the face of armor and shielding. Missing a target will remove a stack, but direct bodyshots will keep the combo up... while not adding on. Stacks can also decay, after three seconds.

Also, you only get one cryotic shotgun round per magazine. As represented by a bar next to the reticule, similar to the Battacor.

With its combo mechanic and cryotic shotgun, this weapon quickly earned a fearful reputation among the Sentient vanguard that made their way to the Origin System. Its high damage and crit would overwhelm a Sentient's last few resistances, and its cryotic shotgun would hold them in place for a Tenno to attack them in melee combat. 

However, there are also rumors it was used to "dispose of" Grineer that lagged behind.

Compared to various other Tenno weapons that have found themselves in ever-smaller niches post-Old War, the Depezador Prime has aged rather gracefully.

Artist Notes
This is what, the second time I've redrawn the Depezador? Or third time I've reworked it?

Anyway. With my skill level having increased, comparatively few attention being paid to the (spookily large) amount of revolvers I did, and actually being able to color, I decided I should make a new Depezador drawing for a new year. One that made it clear exactly what I was going for the first time. 

While an un-primed version of this exists deep in my deviantart, I'm considering that this might be another "stand-alone prime" gun. Unless, of course, I figure out ways to give that one an advantage. 

It's possible the stats (as seen below) may be broken. But honestly? I think I'll be okay. I designed this to be fun, to reward skill, and to give people an opening to use said skill. Admittedly, the fact that this can actually outclass Sharpened Bullets worries me, but I feel like anyone who can land 5 headshots in a row might as well get a reward.

I wanted a powerful revolver (I like revolver) that rewarded my frenetic, headshot-heavy gameplay style. One that felt like it was to sustained damage what the Pandero is to burst damage. 

This is definitely a success.

STATS
Primary Fire
Damage
: 69
    slash: 40
    puncture: 11
    impact: 18
Critical Chance: 32%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance: 13%
Magazine Size: 9 (+1 shotgun)
Fire Rate: 4.4 rounds per second
Reload: 1.4s
Punch-Through: 0.4m

Secondary Fire: 
Damage: 700
    Cold: 453
    Impact: 170
    Puncture: 77
Magazine Size: 1
Fire Rate: N/A
Status Chance: 15%
Critical Chance: 11%
Critical Multiplier: 3.6x
Punch-Through: 1.0m

On 2019-01-25 at 2:00 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Unique Traits:

Notes

So I made it myself.

Stats:

Shared
Crit Chance: 16%
Crit Multiplier: 2.0x
Fire Rate: 3.0s
Reload Time: 2.8s

Primary Fire
Damage: 129
      Blast: 44
      Slash: 35
      Puncture: 21
      Impact: 29
Radius: 2.6m
Deals 70% of damage on initial hit, 30% in AoE.

Secondary Fire
Damage: 153
     Blast: 108

AHA! THERES that picture quality again! So it was indeed the fact you were essentially "doing surgery on a flea" for your last art loadout that caused my concerns, gut, gut.

Ah, an indirect fire implement, something to reach around those nasty corners and cap those more persistent hunkered-down crewmen and Grins. A relevant niche.

Also, you really like doing "tandem firing mode" weapons eh?

Statistical Analysis:

Looking to stick this fellow up in the big status leagues eh? Can't complain, Goddem Tysis is a 50-50 on every shot.

Ah, gotta Marlok and Arca Sciso Status-to-Critical dichotomy. "This ones good, but this ones MUCH better!".

Multipliers okey smokey.

Gotta Seerish or Lexish style style reload-to-magazine relation.

Marelokian to Kulstarian damage output. Large, but, by no means outside of the range.

That's my view for ya! Forgive the delay, we had a family party to attend to in honor of my fallen aunt. Her son and his paramour invited us into their new home for a family game night of fun and chaos and chocolate vanilla pudding cake (Homeresque flood of drooling).

13 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, an indirect fire implement, something to reach around those nasty corners and cap those more persistent hunkered-down crewmen and Grins. A relevant niche.

I don't think I've ever heard of a pistol in that niche, either. Not just in Warframe - in anything. I've seen secondary rockets, grenade launchers, but never an airburst pistol. 

I took that as a challenge. Plus, I kinda liked the very tactical feeling it gives.

(Also, I just realized I forgot to add in the name in here. It's called the Hiro. I forgot about that.)

13 hours ago, Unus said:

Looking to stick this fellow up in the big status leagues eh? Can't complain, Goddem Tysis is a 50-50 on every shot.

I didn't want it to feel too much like the Lex. Plus, the idea of a pistol with high status and passable crit chance... far as I know, it just hasn't been done.

13 hours ago, Unus said:

Multipliers okey smokey.

Gotta Seerish or Lexish style style reload-to-magazine relation.

Does it? Huh. That's very interesting.

13 hours ago, Unus said:

Marelokian to Kulstarian damage output. Large, but, by no means outside of the range.

I was going for sort of a "high-capacity, lower-damage" equivalent to the Kulstar. It's genuinely a relief I got it right!

13 hours ago, Unus said:

That's my view for ya! Forgive the delay, we had a family party to attend to in honor of my fallen aunt. Her son and his paramour invited us into their new home for a family game night of fun and chaos and chocolate vanilla pudding cake (Homeresque flood of drooling).

Don't even trip, dawg. I'm guessing it was a good family party. Knowing what it was for, I feel kinda... off.... about saying it, but it sounds like it was a good time.

15 hours ago, Unus said:

Reminds me of that weird (I think german) pistol with a curved barrel, that you could (theoretically) shoot around corner.

On 2019-01-27 at 2:56 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I don't think I've ever heard of a pistol in that niche, either. Not just in Warframe - in anything. I've seen secondary rockets, grenade launchers, but never an airburst pistol. 

I took that as a challenge. Plus, I kinda liked the very tactical feeling it gives.

(Also, I just realized I forgot to add in the name in here. It's called the Hiro. I forgot about that.)

I didn't want it to feel too much like the Lex. Plus, the idea of a pistol with high status and passable crit chance... far as I know, it just hasn't been done.

Does it? Huh. That's very interesting.

I was going for sort of a "high-capacity, lower-damage" equivalent to the Kulstar. It's genuinely a relief I got it right!

Don't even trip, dawg. I'm guessing it was a good family party. Knowing what it was for, I feel kinda... off.... about saying it, but it sounds like it was a good time.

(Forgive me for the delay, my computer's accidental death at my mother's hands has been hard to absorb.)

I think the closest would be that ancient rocketeer pistol from that stillborn E.V.E. shooter, Dust 514.

That's fair. Her image was everywhere throughout the house, but, not much was said about her. Much alcohol was had by all while I wandered around from place to place reading M-2035 and planning out my Buzzers.

On 2019-01-27 at 5:05 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ohhhhh...

And I was just about to dig up a photo of the Cornershot just in case. Funny how things work out sometimes.

BTW - if you or @Unus or anyone else need a weird gun to refer to, just drop me a line. As long as it doesn't involve the .22 zip gun.

Heh, think I made a zip once, at least, a far-futurian style one. Need to check to see if that's a past event or a future one.

45 minutes ago, Unus said:

I think the closest would be that ancient rocketeer pistol from that stillborn E.V.E. shooter, Dust 514.

The Flaylock?

Huh. I don't think it could airburst...

45 minutes ago, Unus said:

Heh, think I made a zip once, at least, a far-futurian style one. Need to check to see if that's a past event or a future one.

No, not that, I mean this thing.

2-courtesy-usfirearms.com_.jpg

Easily one of the most loathed guns I have ever seen.

EDIT: Also, the Depezador has received a minor cleaning. Again.

33 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

The Flaylock?

Huh. I don't think it could airburst...

No, not that, I mean this thing.

2-courtesy-usfirearms.com_.jpg

Easily one of the most loathed guns I have ever seen.

EDIT: Also, the Depezador has received a minor cleaning. Again.

It may have been a variant, one of the must-purchase alternates.

The ell is that Tediore-looking mudafecka? I was expecting water pipes and balsa wood, screws and open ports, something lugged out of the Bosnian War or the dark heart of Somalia.

16 hours ago, Unus said:

It may have been a variant, one of the must-purchase alternates.

Maybe. In terms of DUST's design, I was a little more of a "basic gimmick first, aesthetic second."

Stuff like airbursting flaylock pistols would've been something I just... wouldn't know about.

17 hours ago, Unus said:

The ell is that Tediore-looking mudafecka? I was expecting water pipes and balsa wood, screws and open ports, something lugged out of the Bosnian War or the dark heart of Somalia.

That is the USFA .22 Zip Gun.

To explain. Sometimes, weapons are maligned perhaps unfairly, or due to circumstances beyond their control. The Ross Rifle, for all its use as a sniper's rifle, was so ill-suited to the hellish conditions of the trenches that it was capable of jamming. And it was bolt action. It was, in fact, so unreliable that converting it to a full-auto LMG was actually an improvement. I guess there was nowhere to go but up. The original M16 was the victim of bureaucrats obsessed with the Garand, and so it came to Vietnam as a nigh-unusable mess, which is how you get stuff like the Zombie Survival Guide acting as if the M16 and M4 are the Worst Evar.

The USFA .22 Zip Gun is none of those things. 

As for the sort of zip gun you were thinking? I've been toying with ideas like that for awhile. I've seen things, Unus. I've seen a 5-barrel break-open shotgun made mostly from copper piping. A 7-barrel break-open shotgun. Automatic .50 BMG open-bolt rifles. No, seriously. Homebrew Glocks with polymer furniture made from epoxy and sawdust. A 12-gauge revolver. Actually several 12-gauge revolvers. It was pretty screwed up.  And also this Chechen thing.

6.jpg

I kinda like it.

I've wanted to create stuff like this in Warframe for awhile, and indeed there's a Mycona crossbow I have planned that uses a similar aesthetic. My only problems were 1), how do I not make it feel too real-world, 2), how do I justify it being powerful enough to stand on equal footing with the rest of Warframe's arsenal?

(The mycona crossbow is an exception, on the basis it fires bolts that shatter on impact and act like Astilla slugs)

6 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Maybe. In terms of DUST's design, I was a little more of a "basic gimmick first, aesthetic second."

Stuff like airbursting flaylock pistols would've been something I just... wouldn't know about.

That is the USFA .22 Zip Gun.

To explain. Sometimes, weapons are maligned perhaps unfairly, or due to circumstances beyond their control. The Ross Rifle, for all its use as a sniper's rifle, was so ill-suited to the hellish conditions of the trenches that it was capable of jamming. And it was bolt action. It was, in fact, so unreliable that converting it to a full-auto LMG was actually an improvement. I guess there was nowhere to go but up. The original M16 was the victim of bureaucrats obsessed with the Garand, and so it came to Vietnam as a nigh-unusable mess, which is how you get stuff like the Zombie Survival Guide acting as if the M16 and M4 are the Worst Evar.

The USFA .22 Zip Gun is none of those things. 

As for the sort of zip gun you were thinking? I've been toying with ideas like that for awhile. I've seen things, Unus. I've seen a 5-barrel break-open shotgun made mostly from copper piping. A 7-barrel break-open shotgun. Automatic .50 BMG open-bolt rifles. No, seriously. Homebrew Glocks with polymer furniture made from epoxy and sawdust. A 12-gauge revolver. Actually several 12-gauge revolvers. It was pretty screwed up.  And also this Chechen thing.

6.jpg

I kinda like it.

I've wanted to create stuff like this in Warframe for awhile, and indeed there's a Mycona crossbow I have planned that uses a similar aesthetic. My only problems were 1), how do I not make it feel too real-world, 2), how do I justify it being powerful enough to stand on equal footing with the rest of Warframe's arsenal?

(The mycona crossbow is an exception, on the basis it fires bolts that shatter on impact and act like Astilla slugs)

I only viewed it from a distance in it's short lifespan, wanted to try to sponge off any semblance of story that came up out of the largely stagnate game.

That. . . that physically hurt to watch. Not just in my hand, but, also my eyes as he ""smoothly"" disassembled the thing. Euuuuuggghhhh.

I found my own, but, it's very much not a proper Zip. It's a double-strung slur-bow of New Loka's that slingshots Grakata bullets as ammunition.

Interesting that we both arrived at "zipbows" at some point in our designs.

Perhaps theres a manufactureing group out there who does things this way? The Lokites who createed my Gandiva are forced to self-flagellate every time they touch an industrial object.

That, or, it could be traditional, maybe even something from somewhere resource-starved, like my Xahunteper from the Oort Cloud.

14 hours ago, Unus said:

I only viewed it from a distance in it's short lifespan, wanted to try to sponge off any semblance of story that came up out of the largely stagnate game.

Same here, just with guns instead of story. It's where the Fuselok (Its popularity bewilders me) came from, after all. I'm also considering a SWARM Launcher, and perhaps a Corpus pistol that works like the Ion pistol or Scrambler pistol.

Shame that Project Nova's been canned. Coulda seen some great stuff. Still, considering how underwhelming that demo footage was, perhaps it was for the best.

Perhaps.

14 hours ago, Unus said:

That. . . that physically hurt to watch. Not just in my hand, but, also my eyes as he ""smoothly"" disassembled the thing. Euuuuuggghhhh.

How people that liked USFA's revolvers (which apparently now fetch "obscene prices" to quote one gun-owner) reacted once they saw this thing:

4ea.jpg

Would literally rather use Vincent Law's pocket pistol from Ergo Proxy. At least it doesn't make my hand scream in agony.

af63ffc8023f5cfaf43c652c072246f7.png

14 hours ago, Unus said:

I found my own, but, it's very much not a proper Zip. It's a double-strung slur-bow of New Loka's that slingshots Grakata bullets as ammunition.

Interesting that we both arrived at "zipbows" at some point in our designs.

It makes sense in hindsight cause I feel like it's a logical place to go if we're making improvised weapons in Warframe. From what I know of improvised guns, they typically go for the most simplistic designs possible.  And, despite how many relatively contemporary pistols I've made (Depezador, Estampida, Dynamo) I'm a bit leery of introducing something that looks too simplistic and perhaps contemporary into Warframe.

Having a bow (considering Warframe's numerous bows) just makes sense.

Plus, I was thinking about Horizon Zero Dawn at the time, and I thought of how it has this primitive weaponry scavenged from robot parts, and I was all "AND IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW"

15 hours ago, Unus said:

Perhaps theres a manufactureing group out there who does things this way? The Lokites who createed my Gandiva are forced to self-flagellate every time they touch an industrial object.

It's worth considering. It probably won't be from Ganymede, though. As far as I know, the Ganymede weapons aesthetic is "boxier than real life pistols, with orange highlights.... but with better ergonomics than Corpus weapons."

And that's a very interesting trait for a culture.