Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

• 2 weeks later...

Corpus ‘Trypticor’ Boarding Shotgun

“A common shotgun for the Granum Pact side of the Great Corpus Schism. This weapon was pioneered by Granum’s most advanced laboratories as part of a request for a shotgun with greater range and rate of fire than the Plasmor.

On the one hand, it’s punishingly inaccurate compared to its Grineer and Tenno counterparts. On the other hand, it ultimately doesn’t matter at its optimal range.”

Special Traits:

Smart Choke: Zooming in with this weapon for 0.4 seconds activates a “Smart choke” that increases accuracy, range and velocity of this weapon. Firing resets this.

Penetrator: Does more damage for each enemy it overpenetrates.

Gunrunner: Can be fired while sprinting

corpus__trypticor__boarding_shotgun_by_f

Lore:

Built by the Pluto-based Styx Manufacturing, The Trypticor Boarding Shotgun (not to be confused with the Triplex Assault Gun) was designed for those on both sides of brutal, overwhelming assaults - either those swarmed by hordes of Grineer and infested, or staging a desperate charge into them.

It’s one of the very few ballistic weapons in the Corpus arsenal, and a relative of the Tenet Celeras machine pistol series, using the same magazine and the same gauss technology. Except in this case, instead of single flechettes, it fires a shot cup full of 12 ferromagnetic flechettes that rip though any enemy on the business end.

The Trypticor earns its name for being able to serve three distinct roles.

1 First: Full-Auto A full-auto shotgun mode that Corpus are encouraged to use in a manner similar to a flamethrower. This has rather poor spread, but with the sheer fire rate and volume of fire this ultimately doesn’t matter that much.

To assist with this, the Trypticor uses ancient Orokin technology to ensure that it does more damage for each enemy or object it overpenetrates. This can, if one carefully lines up enough enemies, effectively bypass the weapon’s  low velocity and range. 

Corpus armed with this weapon are intended to wade into crowds of enemies and let loose with punishing volleys. While it lags behind various beam and flamer weapons in terms of fire rate, it stands out due to its damage… and longer range than a beam weapon. 

Critics have roundly disliked its shortened range in standard firing mode. Its adherents have pointed out that it’s meant for extremely close range anyway and it ultimately doesn’t matter that much.

2. Precision mode: Aiming down sights for  1 second decreases spread and increases projectile velocity. And range. Firing resets this.

3. Launcher: Similar to its little brother,  building up kinetic energy in this automatic shotgun* (this is done by either staying in motion or repeatedly firing) charges up a Sonicor-like altfire mode that inflicts knockdown procs enemies on direct impact, and deals an impact proc on enemies in range. Charging takes less time while in motion.

Originally, this weapon used the Tenet Celeras’ system to augment its fire rate, but this had the unfortunate effect of shredding the firing mechanism due to the size and mass of its physical ammunition. As a result, the kinetic devices that increase the Celeras’ damage were reworked to increase its damage upon overpenetrating an enemy.

Styx Manufacturing’s original name for this weapon was the Triplex, which brought them into legal trouble with the Callisto-based firm of Arca. Arca was working on a design for a gun that they also called the Triplex, which fires magnetically doped plastic slugs and also came with three fire modes. It was a fierce legal battle, which the Tenno did everything in their power to prolong - corrupting correspondence between interested parties, stealing credit transfers and data, vanishing personnel relevant to the trial, and ransacking space stations connected to it.

Overall, it was a bad time for everyone except the Tenno and any Solaris they helped free in the process.

Arca later won the right to use the word ‘Triplex’ on the basis that their weapon was entirely ballistic as opposed to the Trypticor… in addition to support from Tenno who they had bribed with the prospect of using the Triplex.

Despite the massive expenditure associated with this trial, the Trypticor brings in respectable sums of credits for Styx. It remains popular among Corpus marines and Executors, Purgatus teams tasked with burning out Infested, Solaris “zit-poppers” contracted by the Corpus, in addition to independent scavengers, pirates, and Tenno.

Stats

• Noise Level:  Alarming

• Magazine: 18

• Reload Time: 3s

Primary fire

• Trigger: Auto

• Fire Rate: 2.8

• Multishot: 12

• Total Damage: 420 (nice)

• Damage per pellet: 35

• 19 Puncture

• 10 Slash

• 6 Impact

• Critical Chance: 14%

• Critical Multiplier: 2.2x

• Headshot Multiplier: 3x

• Status Chance: 9%

• Punchthrough: 1.6m

• Projectile Type: Non-hitscan

• Falloff:

•  100% damage up to 18m

• 35% damage at 27m

Secondary (tertiary?) Launcher

On Impact:

• Trigger: auto-charge

• Charge Time: 1s

• charge time while in motion: 0.5s

•     Damage: 50 Slash

•     Forced Procs: Ragdoll

• Status Chance: 36%

• Critical Chance:  18%

• Critical Multiplier: 2.4x

Radial: 

• Damage: 150 Impact

• Forced procs: Impact

• Status Chance: 18%

• Critical Chance:  36%

• Range: 2m

• Projectile Type: Radial

Artist Notes:

This was originally Tenno and called the Trenchance, and it was conceptualized around the same time as the Anark SMG from awhile back.

But…. there were a number of reasons I just wasn’t feeling it. Something about how chunky and short it would have to look and feel didn’t quite feel right. Going by the three extant tenno autoshotguns (and the two or perhaps three I’ve made) Tenno autoshotguns emphasize rate of fire, accuracy, and lots of follow-up shots, and here I was making something that’s deliberately inferior to even the Sobek in terms of range and accuracy. Also, the silhouette…

…this is hard to describe, but if I’m drawing a shotgun, it has to look suitably… shotgun-ish. I don’t know what that means, not exactly, but I sure didn’t feel it as i drew this stuff. And I didn’t feel as if I could push the Tenno aesthetic hard enough to make this look like a shotgun. It kept looking more like an SMG.

So I made it Corpus. 

And that opened up a lot of ideas for me. While “ballistic weapon that abruptly does something gamey and bizarre” (See: every Tenno revolver I’ve drawn) is most often the territory of the Tenno weapons I draw, the gimmick had to stay intact. Plus, the Corpus have the Staticor, which somehow fires potential energy, and this isn’t that far off the wall.

The fight between Arca and Styx Manufacturing (fun fact: Pluto apparently has another moon called Styx. Weird, huh?) was inspired by classic WF events such as the Gradivus Dilemma. Sadly, it was before my time as I did not have an xbox one and had not developed my crippling warframe addiction. Anyway, one thing i like about Gradivus Dilemma in hindsight is how it managed to deliver some of WF’s earliest lore (we didn’t even know there were people besides Corpus and Grineer at the time!) while also motivating players by giving them a shotgun pistol and an eminently hateable villain in Salad V, who is essentially the Starscream of this game.

The semilegal battle between Arca and Styx could be fairly interesting if implemented. The old Corpus Ship tileset could be used for Styx to make it more distinct, (it would be cheap, but WF has lots of reusable assets) in addition to strategically recoloring enemies to visually separate them. And it’d also be able to add some more depth to the Corpus.

After this point, it could be repackaged as a quest, with a Frame appended to the end somehow.

Also, two more things: First, the “Trenchance” name is going to be repurposed for use as a Tenno shotgun - either another drum-fed autoshotgun (yes, I have more. Lol.) or a manual-action that shoots barbed wire. I am undecided. 

Secondly, I’ve been playing a lot of Deadspace and the Triplex was inspired by the Pulse Rifle. Specifically, the Pulse Rifle from Deadspace 2 and Extraction.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

“A common shotgun for the Granum Pact side of the Great Corpus Schism. This weapon was pioneered by Granum’s most advanced laboratories as part of a request for a shotgun with greater range and rate of fire than the Plasmor.

On the one hand, it’s punishingly inaccurate compared to its Grineer and Tenno counterparts. On the other hand, it ultimately doesn’t matter at its optimal range.”

Special Traits:

Smart Choke: Zooming in with this weapon for 0.4 seconds activates a “Smart choke” that increases accuracy, range and velocity of this weapon. Firing resets this.

Lore:

Built by the Pluto-based Styx Manufacturing, The Trypticor Boarding Shotgun (not to be confused with the Triplex Assault Gun) was designed for those on both sides of brutal, overwhelming assaults - either those swarmed by hordes of Grineer and infested, or staging a desperate charge into them.

It’s one of the very few ballistic weapons in the Corpus arsenal, and a relative of the Tenet Celeras machine pistol series, using the same magazine and the same gauss technology. Except in this case, instead of single flechettes, it fires a shot cup full of 12 ferromagnetic flechettes that rip though any enemy on the business end.

1 First: Full-Auto A full-auto shotgun mode that Corpus are encouraged to use in a manner similar to a flamethrower. This has rather poor spread, but with the sheer fire rate and volume of fire this ultimately doesn’t matter that much.

To assist with this, the Trypticor uses ancient Orokin technology to ensure that it does more damage for each enemy or object it overpenetrates. This can, if one carefully lines up enough enemies, effectively bypass the weapon’s  low velocity and range. 

Corpus armed with this weapon are intended to wade into crowds of enemies and let loose with punishing volleys. While it lags behind various beam and flamer weapons in terms of fire rate, it stands out due to its damage… and longer range than a beam weapon. 

Critics have roundly disliked its shortened range in standard firing mode. Its adherents have pointed out that it’s meant for extremely close range anyway and it ultimately doesn’t matter that much.

2. Precision mode: Aiming down sights for  1 second decreases spread and increases projectile velocity. And range. Firing resets this.

3. Launcher: Similar to its little brother,  building up kinetic energy in this automatic shotgun* (this is done by either staying in motion or repeatedly firing) charges up a Sonicor-like altfire mode that inflicts knockdown procs enemies on direct impact, and deals an impact proc on enemies in range. Charging takes less time while in motion.

Originally, this weapon used the Tenet Celeras’ system to augment its fire rate, but this had the unfortunate effect of shredding the firing mechanism due to the size and mass of its physical ammunition. As a result, the kinetic devices that increase the Celeras’ damage were reworked to increase its damage upon overpenetrating an enemy.

Styx Manufacturing’s original name for this weapon was the Triplex, which brought them into legal trouble with the Callisto-based firm of Arca. Arca was working on a design for a gun that they also called the Triplex, which fires magnetically doped plastic slugs and also came with three fire modes. It was a fierce legal battle, which the Tenno did everything in their power to prolong - corrupting correspondence between interested parties, stealing credit transfers and data, vanishing personnel relevant to the trial, and ransacking space stations connected to it.

Overall, it was a bad time for everyone except the Tenno and any Solaris they helped free in the process.

Arca later won the right to use the word ‘Triplex’ on the basis that their weapon was entirely ballistic as opposed to the Trypticor… in addition to support from Tenno who they had bribed with the prospect of using the Triplex.

Despite the massive expenditure associated with this trial, the Trypticor brings in respectable sums of credits for Styx. It remains popular among Corpus marines and Executors, Purgatus teams tasked with burning out Infested, Solaris “zit-poppers” contracted by the Corpus, in addition to independent scavengers, pirates, and Tenno.

Stats

Primary fire

• 19 Puncture

• 10 Slash

• 6 Impact

• Falloff:

•  100% damage up to 18m

• 35% damage at 27m

On Impact:

Radial: 

• Damage: 150 Impact

• Range: 2m

Artist Notes:

This was originally Tenno and called the Trenchance, and it was conceptualized around the same time as the Anark SMG from awhile back.

But…. there were a number of reasons I just wasn’t feeling it. Something about how chunky and short it would have to look and feel didn’t quite feel right. Going by the three extant tenno autoshotguns (and the two or perhaps three I’ve made) Tenno autoshotguns emphasize rate of fire, accuracy, and lots of follow-up shots, and here I was making something that’s deliberately inferior to even the Sobek in terms of range and accuracy. Also, the silhouette…

…this is hard to describe, but if I’m drawing a shotgun, it has to look suitably… shotgun-ish. I don’t know what that means, not exactly, but I sure didn’t feel it as i drew this stuff. And I didn’t feel as if I could push the Tenno aesthetic hard enough to make this look like a shotgun. It kept looking more like an SMG.

So I made it Corpus. 

And that opened up a lot of ideas for me. While “ballistic weapon that abruptly does something gamey and bizarre” (See: every Tenno revolver I’ve drawn) is most often the territory of the Tenno weapons I draw, the gimmick had to stay intact. Plus, the Corpus have the Staticor, which somehow fires potential energy, and this isn’t that far off the wall.

The fight between Arca and Styx Manufacturing (fun fact: Pluto apparently has another moon called Styx. Weird, huh?) was inspired by classic WF events such as the Gradivus Dilemma. Sadly, it was before my time as I did not have an xbox one and had not developed my crippling warframe addiction. Anyway, one thing i like about Gradivus Dilemma in hindsight is how it managed to deliver some of WF’s earliest lore (we didn’t even know there were people besides Corpus and Grineer at the time!) while also motivating players by giving them a shotgun pistol and an eminently hateable villain in Salad V, who is essentially the Starscream of this game.

The semilegal battle between Arca and Styx could be fairly interesting if implemented. The old Corpus Ship tileset could be used for Styx to make it more distinct, (it would be cheap, but WF has lots of reusable assets) in addition to strategically recoloring enemies to visually separate them. And it’d also be able to add some more depth to the Corpus.

After this point, it could be repackaged as a quest, with a Frame appended to the end somehow.

Also, two more things: First, the “Trenchance” name is going to be repurposed for use as a Tenno shotgun - either another drum-fed autoshotgun (yes, I have more. Lol.) or a manual-action that shoots barbed wire. I am undecided. 

Secondly, I’ve been playing a lot of Deadspace and the Triplex was inspired by the Pulse Rifle. Specifically, the Pulse Rifle from Deadspace 2 and Extraction.

Cool looking gun with some fun mechanics. I really like the idea of the Tenno getting involved in a corpus copyright dispute. I could definitely see either side being much more willing to resort to underhanded means to win and getting the Tenno involved. Though the downside is all the potential blackmail material that they are giving to the Lotus. 

13 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Cool looking gun with some fun mechanics. I really like the idea of the Tenno getting involved in a corpus copyright dispute. I could definitely see either side being much more willing to resort to underhanded means to win and getting the Tenno involved. Though the downside is all the potential blackmail material that they are giving to the Lotus. 

Thanks so much =D

And yeah, I figured it'd lead to just... some fun lore. also I just realized I like totally forgot to add punch through to the stats for this highly punchthrough-based weapon AAA-

Okay there we go. Anyway, thank you so much again, your continued comments and views on this thread mean so much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Thanks so much =D

And yeah, I figured it'd lead to just... some fun lore. also I just realized I like totally forgot to add punch through to the stats for this highly punchthrough-based weapon AAA-

Okay there we go. Anyway, thank you so much again, your continued comments and views on this thread mean so much.

No problem. I always like to see what the next concept you will come up with as well as the amazing art the comes with it.

• Like 1

On 2023-01-27 at 11:33 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Special Traits:

Dear diary, the gun was chonky.

Jokes aside, I really like this design, looks like it was made in a 3d printer, with enough rough styling to fit into the old Corpus aesthetic. 

I really like this lore blurb. It's also very interesting that Corpus have the Detron, but not a dedicated low tech solution with more stopping power when their main opponents focus on close quarters combat.

I also really like the idea of Tenno having dirt on them. We're an overstretched peacekeeping force, not literal angels. 

Stats

Primary fire

• 19 Puncture

• 10 Slash

• 6 Impact

• Punchthrough: 1.6m

• Falloff:

•  100% damage up to 18m

• 35% damage at 27m

On Impact:

I suppose I can't really speak too expertly on gun stats anymore, but these numbers seem solid. Not anything alarming. I do have 420 objections to the base damage (joking).

Artist Notes:

So I made it Corpus. 

I'm a huge fan of intra factional warfare so if you ever feel like exploring that factional war, don't hold back. It's great being able to create little stories and scenarios to really flesh out unknowns. The Deadlock Protocol would have been a great time to explore the inner schisms within the board and getting to know who those vaunted figures were. Instead we got a family drama and while I do like the story we got, it ended with us having only a sliver of information about their function rather than something more. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I think that Parvos is great, but seeing more of the deadlock of the Deadlock Protocol could have helped us understand the Corpus more as a faction, which still seem like the most handwavy of the 7.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Jokes aside, I really like this design, looks like it was made in a 3d printer, with enough rough styling to fit into the old Corpus aesthetic. 

On 2023-01-27 at 5:33 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Wait, it does? That's pretty interesting, cause I'm very fascinated by 3D printing. It adds new and fascinating ways to make weaponry I draw look like it's (in-universe) cheap and questionably manufactured. Also, if I incorporate elements of generative design, it lets me do this:

sif__marris__repeater_shotgun_by_fluffyw

(it's a generative design bike frame lol)

51 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

I really like this lore blurb. It's also very interesting that Corpus have the Detron, but not a dedicated low tech solution with more stopping power when their main opponents focus on close quarters combat.

I, uh... huh. You raise a lot of interesting questions here.

There's this weird feeling you get from the Corpus that a lot of their weaponry is kind of... incidental? I vaguely recall a mention that lots of Corpus Stuff is supposed to feel like repurposed industrial equipment. I'm not a hundred percent sure how true that is, but it does explain the Tetra's resemblance to a jackhammer. There's this feeling that like... a lot of Corpus weaponry, particularly stuff from the earlier days of this game, isn't quite purpose-built as weaponry. Or at least, you get the feel their arms manufacturing game isn't... quite on the same level as the Grineer and Tenno.

They seem to use the Lanka as a crutch, often in situations where it just doesn't make that much sense, and it took four years for DE to give them a primary shotgun (I'm not counting the Convectrix). As I type this out, I find myself asking "What did they fight before the Tenno woke up, anyway?" and thinking "clearly they were used to throwing their weight around without having to back it up..."

They also had far fewer melee weapons before... Fortuna or so? And even then, said weapons weren't used too much.

I'm wondering if there's something there to work with later...

1 hour ago, Teoarrk said:

I also really like the idea of Tenno having dirt on them. We're an overstretched peacekeeping force, not literal angels. 

And even then, we don't have much in the way of a command structure or hierarchy. Lotus is normally like "Go here" and we're all like "Do we get a new gun" and she's all "Yes" and we're all like "COMMENCE THE WARCRIMENIN"

I suppose I can't really speak too expertly on gun stats anymore, but these numbers seem solid. Not anything alarming. I do have 420 objections to the base damage (joking).

On 2023-01-27 at 5:33 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

It will not be the last time I do this lol

'm a huge fan of intra factional warfare so if you ever feel like exploring that factional war, don't hold back. It's great being able to create little stories and scenarios to really flesh out unknowns.

I'll consider that one! This is... not actually the first time I've toyed with intrafactional warfare here. I've made lots of mentions of a "Granum Schism" here before, but never really gone into it. 

I think I should, sometime.

he Deadlock Protocol would have been a great time to explore the inner schisms within the board and getting to know who those vaunted figures were.

Big same. Lots of times in anime, the bosses on the villain's Evil Council get at least a token acknowledgment, or a crowd scene with them all framed in shadow. But we don't get much of that. We get Frohd, who isn't bad as a villain, but he hasn't done much in awhile. There's some hints of interesting characterization there with some mentions that he worked his way up from nothing (and Ergo Glast saying how he really cheated his way up from nothing) but he's not utilized enough. There's Alad, who's fun to watch but his status as the Starscream of the game (he keeps getting screwed over and somehow coming back) doesn't quite make me see him as a threat. And there's Anyo, who...

He's a good villain, very despicable, and I think DE has cottoned onto the fact that they can't let us kill him (and even then, we can't exactly permakill him cause Fortuna, and there's only so much DE can do to the setting) but he feels... overutilized?

I wanna see more.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, I think that Parvos is great, but seeing more of the deadlock of the Deadlock Protocol could have helped us understand the Corpus more as a faction, which still seem like the most handwavy of the 7.

Oh, they totally are.

They've gotten better since the deadlock protocol, but riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight before then, there was this weird sweet spot of "What do they even believe at this point? Is it just cartoonish evil?"

But right now, due to the lack of Board members, and just relying on "They're essentially an evil megacorporation" I just... I don't... I don't really know what's going on with them. Are they sort of corporate feudalist? Is it all one corporation or several allied corporations? What different viewpoints do the other Board members have?

• Like 2

On 2023-01-30 at 7:17 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

There's this weird feeling you get from the Corpus that a lot of their weaponry is kind of... incidental? I vaguely recall a mention that lots of Corpus Stuff is supposed to feel like repurposed industrial equipment. I'm not a hundred percent sure how true that is, but it does explain the Tetra's resemblance to a jackhammer. There's this feeling that like... a lot of Corpus weaponry, particularly stuff from the earlier days of this game, isn't quite purpose-built as weaponry. Or at least, you get the feel their arms manufacturing game isn't... quite on the same level as the Grineer and Tenno.

I'm on the fence about their early guns. The oldest workhorse, the Dera works well as a battle rifle, especially since the foot grunts are supposed to be supporting moas. The Supra is just a bigger, more cyberpunk Dera with an exposed LED heatsink (or whatever is on the top of the gun, lmao).

They seem to use the Lanka as a crutch, often in situations where it just doesn't make that much sense, and it took four years for DE to give them a primary shotgun (I'm not counting the Convectrix). As I type this out, I find myself asking "What did they fight before the Tenno woke up, anyway?" and thinking "clearly they were used to throwing their weight around without having to back it up..."

My standing theory is the colonies, pirates, scavengers, Grineer and (maybe) the Infested. The fact that fully concealed helmets were standard issue before us opens up a bunch of possibilities. I know the lore now states that the helmets are now shaped the way they are for the amusement of the higher ups, but you don't just issue people helmets for a goof.

And even then, we don't have much in the way of a command structure or hierarchy. Lotus is normally like "Go here" and we're all like "Do we get a new gun" and she's all "Yes" and we're all like "COMMENCE THE WARCRIMENIN"

Its one of the reasons why I decided to write in the Origin Accord and work from that perspective with Teshin as the leader. Lotus is not a human being so you can have some leeway on what she's capable of doing at once, but unless there are so few Tenno that they can be counted on one hand you can only stretch that so far. More heads, more possibilities, apes together strong. 

And yeah it is also is a funny disconnect to say 'we fought with honor' while committing so many war crimes that you'd be added to the no-fly list if you openly talked about your exploits in game without context loudly at a local bar.

I'll consider that one! This is... not actually the first time I've toyed with intrafactional warfare here. I've made lots of mentions of a "Granum Schism" here before, but never really gone into it. 

I do remember you mentioning it in a previous lore blurb somewhere. If it becomes something, yay. If not, well it's all good brother.

Big same. Lots of times in anime, the bosses on the villain's Evil Council get at least a token acknowledgment, or a crowd scene with them all framed in shadow. But we don't get much of that. We get Frohd, who isn't bad as a villain, but he hasn't done much in awhile. There's some hints of interesting characterization there with some mentions that he worked his way up from nothing (and Ergo Glast saying how he really cheated his way up from nothing) but he's not utilized enough.

Man, he dead. The Deadlock Protocol was dealing with the mess after his death.

There's Alad, who's fun to watch but his status as the Starscream of the game (he keeps getting screwed over and somehow coming back) doesn't quite make me see him as a threat.

Alad irks me. He's too pitiful to hate and too cowardly to die. I would rather that he have a full redemption arc, maybe a final, final epilogue to the Gravidus Dilemma where he finally decides to make the Jupiter Profit guild into a soft Tenno aligned enclave of the Corpus. He has needed and accepted our help way more than anyone of his standing should to be a true villain. Or we're just too gullible to think that he'll ever make it up to us.

Anyo, who...

He's a good villain, very despicable, and I think DE has cottoned onto the fact that they can't let us kill him (and even then, we can't exactly permakill him cause Fortuna, and there's only so much DE can do to the setting) but he feels... overutilized?

I wanna see more.

Anyo is ... Yeah I'm getting bored of him. His VA is great, but having him be the face of the Corpus whenever something seedy is happening is getting tiresome. Slavery and brainshelving on his own turf? Fine. Scamming? Sure, whatever. Holding a kid hostage to get back at Ergo? Okay thats good for now. Wounding a child to get ahold of a pulp comic? OKAY MR I AM GOING TO- 

I'd pass on some of those to lower ranking goons, even. Or, people that are so far up we don't even see anything past their eternal scarlet smiles until the climax of the story. Either way, he needs to be on the bench.

Oh, they totally are.

They've gotten better since the deadlock protocol, but riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight before then, there was this weird sweet spot of "What do they even believe at this point? Is it just cartoonish evil?"

But right now, due to the lack of Board members, and just relying on "They're essentially an evil megacorporation" I just... I don't... I don't really know what's going on with them. Are they sort of corporate feudalist? Is it all one corporation or several allied corporations? What different viewpoints do the other Board members have?

What I find difficult to understand is that there are several named megacorps inside the greater organization with their own lore blurbs and whatnot. with Anyo Corp being one of them. Theres so much development to their faction behind the scenes and it's sort of just there. Apart from their military contracts with the Grineer, who buys from them? Are they a giant ponzi scheme and if so, how does it work? How do they recruit new members? Why were they so big before Parvos Granum returned and what did his return change? He did not like the Corpus he returned to and said that it had changed from his teachings and yet nobody fought against him?

It's just ... Yeah I don't like this many unknowns.  

17 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

My standing theory is the colonies, pirates, scavengers, Grineer and (maybe) the Infested. The fact that fully concealed helmets were standard issue before us opens up a bunch of possibilities. I know the lore now states that the helmets are now shaped the way they are for the amusement of the higher ups, but you don't just issue people helmets for a goof.

On 2023-01-30 at 1:17 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Wait, it does? They're really shaped like that for the amusement of higher-ups? XD That's hilarious.

As for what they were meant to fight there? Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Things... definitely were not rosy between them and the Grineer, they're the best thing I can imagine them fighting. As for colonies, pirates and scavengers...

Hmmm. That's frustrating because we don't know very much about them (we know they... exist?) but it's what makes sense. I think part of the problem with us trying to conceptualize all these colonies is the way that DE uses planets and nodes. For example, look at Jupiter and Neptune - DE uses names of moons as location names, which gets a bit weird for me because those are moons and they're using the Gas City tileset. Though I actually do like the Gas City tileset - it feels like an oil rig in space and we often see actual work spaces too, and I like that. Anyway. 

It gets difficult for me to imagine where independent colonies are when DE just says "Oh, the Corpus control Europa and Jupiter," and I just... have trouble imagining where other people live. I actually put a lot of work into finding moons and nodes that DE hasn't used as names lol. (Like Iapetus)

Though I could just go hog-wild and ignore most of this. Not like I haven't decided to already do that with Ganymede.

Its one of the reasons why I decided to write in the Origin Accord and work from that perspective with Teshin as the leader. Lotus is not a human being so you can have some leeway on what she's capable of doing at once, but unless there are so few Tenno that they can be counted on one hand you can only stretch that so far. More heads, more possibilities, apes together strong. 

I'll have to go back and read up on that one! I remember it, but... not well enough.

As for there being that few Tenno... yeah, probably. I feel like we're better off assuming that player numbers aren't canon. Even with my headcanon that the Orokin managed to replicate the Zariman accident (not too likely with how we saw it play out in TNW, but it's almost funny to imagine the Orokin throwing in shiploads of orphans and hoping the Man In The Wall likes it) we can't exist in numbers that we could kill all Grineer and Corpus off and empty the entire system of them.

And yeah it is also is a funny disconnect to say 'we fought with honor' while committing so many war crimes that you'd be added to the no-fly list if you openly talked about your exploits in game without context loudly at a local bar.

I feel like most of the problems likely come from the Orokin defining what said "honor" is tbh.

I do remember you mentioning it in a previous lore blurb somewhere. If it becomes something, yay. If not, well it's all good brother.

Only question is what to do with it... My first guess is "invasion missions of some kind" like the ones I hypothesized in the battle between Styx and Arca, but I don't know how to make those feel... real. Or rewarding. You get the idea.

18 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Man, he dead. The Deadlock Protocol was dealing with the mess after his death.

He's not committing insurance frohd by pretending he's dead? He's PERMA-dead? Damn. Props, DE. Never actually seen that before lol. ...though I do wish Darvo had something to say about this, DE seems to have forgotten about him a little.

Alad irks me. He's too pitiful to hate and too cowardly to die. I would rather that he have a full redemption arc, maybe a final, final epilogue to the Gravidus Dilemma where he finally decides to make the Jupiter Profit guild into a soft Tenno aligned enclave of the Corpus. He has needed and accepted our help way more than anyone of his standing should to be a true villain. Or we're just too gullible to think that he'll ever make it up to us.

In addition to being thankful for our help, and... well. Assuming he didn't die in TNW (it's Alad. He's probably fine lol) he'd definitely sell out the Corpus to work with us. And I at least trust his instincts if he thinks the Corpus no longer have anything to offer him. Also, yeah. Like I've probably said at some point, Alad... well. I don't see him as a threat, but his cowardice and seeming invincibility make him entertaining whenever I see him.

Anyo is ... Yeah I'm getting bored of him. His VA is great, but having him be the face of the Corpus whenever something seedy is happening is getting tiresome. Slavery and brainshelving on his own turf? Fine. Scamming? Sure, whatever. Holding a kid hostage to get back at Ergo? Okay thats good for now. Wounding a child to get ahold of a pulp comic? OKAY MR I AM GOING TO- 

I'd pass on some of those to lower ranking goons, even. Or, people that are so far up we don't even see anything past their eternal scarlet smiles until the climax of the story. Either way, he needs to be on the bench.

yyyyyyyyyyeah, Anyo's role in the Yareli quest woulda been better served by a lower-ranking goon. On the one hand, it's characterization for Anyo and it's funny. Anyo already has the distinction of being more evil than Alad V, he already has Fortuna for characterization... adding some petty overseer would've worked so much better and made Fortuna feel more... real.

And also definitely. More Board member.

He did not like the Corpus he returned to and said that it had changed from his teachings and yet nobody fought against him?

Hence, the schism.

...Maybe I'll just put gameplay second when I write about the Granum Schism. Just put out some lore, my God, uuuugh. Cause I feel like I need to have something out in that regard.

Apart from their military contracts with the Grineer, who buys from them?

That's the biggest question I have tbh. The others are good but this is the one that scratches at the inside of my brain. Who buys this? I can't imagine they have that much commerce with the Grineer right about now. My best guess is that they supply most spaceship parts and robots to the rest of the origin system...

Maybe I'll lean into the feudal aspect and I say that they're a bunch of different corporations that sell to each other? I dunno. That feels like a stretch, but they seem so monolithic that it's hard for me to imagine there being other powers they can meaningfully sell anything to.

• Like 1

It gets difficult for me to imagine where independent colonies are when DE just says "Oh, the Corpus control Europa and Jupiter," and I just... have trouble imagining where other people live. I actually put a lot of work into finding moons and nodes that DE hasn't used as names lol. (Like Iapetus)

When they say that they're controlled, I find it loosely true, or that they control the solar rail and nearby territory. Most planets would be nearly impossible to control without massive standing armies. You can kinda handwave it with the Orokin because they were so much more powerful than anything that exists right now as they had the manpower, stupidly powerful super weapons and other tech that is only really hinted at in lore. I am stretching it a bit further with the John Carter-esque Whisperways and the Doppler Armada (which is not going to be talked about in my thread for a while), the Emperors, the Vault of Orryphus and so on and so forth, but generally speaking we're dealing with enemies that aren't strong enough to be the Orokin and never will. If they do really have that much control, then I suppose that the Lotus only takes exception to some actions and not others.

though I do wish Darvo had something to say about this, DE seems to have forgotten about him a little.

Darvo was the first character I expected to flip a double bird at either Ergo or his dead father. Guess we'll never know. Oh well.

Only question is what to do with it... My first guess is "invasion missions of some kind" like the ones I hypothesized in the battle between Styx and Arca, but I don't know how to make those feel... real. Or rewarding. You get the idea.

Feel free to look at how I designed Seeded Fear. That being said, Gravidus Dilemma was super fun back in the day and it used the same format as in the current game, only because it was a community effort it genuinely felt like an event rather than another speedbump on the treadmill.

. That feels like a stretch, but they seem so monolithic that it's hard for me to imagine there being other powers they can meaningfully sell anything to.

Thats why I'm all for expanding on colonies a little, if there are any to be had. There has to be a source for all that metal beyond slave labour. 

Edited by Teoarrk

3 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Thats why I'm all for expanding on colonies a little, if there are any to be had. There has to be a source for all that metal beyond slave labour. 

Expanding on colonies is always fun, and anyone with ambitions should always do it! For three reasons:

1. It makes the world feel bigger.

2. It gives you a chance to be creative. Admittedly, I maybe shouldn't have killed off the Kraton given that "humans who became Hive Mind-like" is a cool concept. Wack. (maybe I'll retcon that. It's not like this thread has ever had a straight canon lol)

3. Having colonies and real people we're helping lets us know that there are real people out there and we are helping them.

3 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Feel free to look at how I designed Seeded Fear. That being said, Gravidus Dilemma was super fun back in the day and it used the same format as in the current game, only because it was a community effort it genuinely felt like an event rather than another speedbump on the treadmill.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I'll give that one a look!

Scarlet Spear was close, but... I'm not sure if it truly matches the feeling of Gradivus. It was interesting, but I think it just highlighted a lot of the issues with Railjack given that DE seems to have abandoned so many railjack plans. Where's squad-link lmao

• Like 1

Corpus ‘Arca Triplex’ Assault Gun

The rifle for every situation. Shotgun, assault rifle, launcher? The Triplex does it all. Aiming from the hip fires superheated magnetically doped plastic slugs in a shotgunlike pattern, aiming down sights fires them similar to an assault rifle, and tapping altfire bombards a target with a stream of projectiles so tight and fast it’s almost a single impact.”

codex

corpus__arca_triplex__assault_gun_by_flu

Lore

Designed by the Callisto-based Arca Labs, this motorized three-barreled weapon was designed by Arca with a humble goal:

To do everything.

Much like the Trypticor, its legal rival, it comes with three fire modes:

1. Autoshotgun Mode: Consumes six ammo. While fired from the hip, the Triplex uses its motors to chamber a six round burst with wide spread. This automatically cycles, making it similar to an automatic shotgun. Between each shot, there’s a noticeable whirring noise as On the one hand, this does less damage over range due to increased power consumption in the gauss coils.

On the other hand, it’s an autoshotgun. 

2. Rifle mode: Fires three-round auto bursts. This does less damage overall than autoshotgun mode, but it fires faster and is more accurate at range.

3. Launcher mode: Consumes 15 ammo. Channels ammo units through the central barrel as a grenade.

This motorized weapon hurls magnetically doped, superheated plastic slugs through a gauss array, searing anything on the wrong end of its three barrels with a high-velocity stream of gas and liquid. Wounds on unarmored targets are horrific, resulting in something like a combination of acid wounds, burn wounds, and ballistic wounds.

Corpus armed with this weapon are truly a force to be reckoned with, and rumor has it that a squad armed with these weapons was able to kill a Tenno. At least, they bombarded it with superheated plasma from this weapon until it stopped getting back up, and that’s probably a sign they died.

There’s one problem the Corpus have with this weapon, and it’s a problem that most of the weapons existing on Arca’s radiation-burning bleeding edge of technology share:

It’s heavy and expensive.

Many corporations within the Corpus neo-feudal alliance simply cannot afford to arm their troops with it in any real capacity*. In addition, it requires intense amounts of training for Corpus to manage a weapon with this many fire modes.But for Warframes, who have preternatural talents at making war and a complete lack of respect for Corpus economic domination? 

Well. 

That’s considerably less of a problem. 

One other historical fact of note is that the Triplex was the victor of a legal battle between Arca and and the Pluto-based Styx Manufacturing for the right to call their gun the Triplex. Arca’s prototype earned the right, in part due to Tenno intercepting (=D **) various messages from Styx’s spies on Callisto.

Despite their prominence and work with Anyo, it turned out that Styx was far worse in their own ways. They’d stolen various designs from Luxor Forge, blackmailed other corporations, and maintained such a hostile working environment that Tenno capture missions required them to fight off waves of enemies hoping to fly them out to other Styx facilities.

Footnotes

* I’ve decided that the Corpus now work similarly to the Benerit Group in Witch From Mercury - a neo-feudalist alliance of various interdependent corporations where the most powerful hold Board seats. How does this work when apparently Parvos Granum has come back? I dunno.

In addition, this makes the Fluffy Timeline’s*** version of the Corpus somewhat like the Imperium of Man. Technically they control virtually the entire galaxy, but it’s heavily centered around travel routes and… well. Galaxy’s a big place. So’s the Solar System, in that both are so huge we struggle to conceive of their true scale. So it’s not inconceivable that the Imperium often finds human worlds with which they’ve lost contact. After all, there’s lots of moons, dwarf planets, and planetoids(?) such as Makemake, Haumea, Iapetus, and Himalia (that last one is particularly surprising given that it’s a moon of Jupiter.) within our solar system. In fact, according to google there are over 200 moons in the Solar System. Jupiter has 83 of them. Get to work, fellow conceptors lmao****

** Callisto is an interception mission lol

*** I guess that’s what I call this now lol. Now that I’ve said “timeline,” I’m going to include a weapon from another timeline like the MIDA weapons from Destiny =D

**** You can even make stuff up. It’s not inconceivable that various moons of the Solar System’s gas giants haven’t been discovered yet. There’s also a few that haven’t received proper names yet.

stats

Magazine: 150

Mods: Rifle

Shotgun:

Trigger: Auto

Fire Rate: 2.8

Multishot: 6

Ammo consumption: 6 ammo

Total Damage: 294

Damage: 49

35 heat

14 impact

Critical chance: 18%

Critical Multiplier: 2.2x

Status chance: 15%

Falloff: max damage up to 16m

40% damage at 32m
Projectile Type: Non-Hitscan

Rifle:

Fire Rate: 14

Multishot: 1

Ammo consumption: 1

Damage: 35

12 Puncture

7 impact

16 heat

Critical chance: 27%

Critical multiplier: 2.0x

Headshot Multiplier: 3.3x

Projectile type: Hitscan

On Impact:

• Trigger: semi

•     Damage: 50 Radiation 

• Ammo Consumption: 15

• Status Chance: 15%

Radial

• Damage: 600

• 450 Radiation

• 150 Heat

• Range: 6m

Artist notes:

…The footnotes section got wildly out of control. Anyway. It’s probably not that surprising to anyone that this is inspired by the Pulse Rifle from Deadspace 1 and 2. Not 3, though I did admittedly copypasta in part of the assault rifle barrel from DS3 and color over it. 

I’m one of the few Deadspace fans that played Deadspace Extraction on the wii, on account of not owning an Xbox 360 at the time. I bring this up because the Pulse Rifle in Deadspace Extraction can work as a shotgun (somehow) while Deadspace appears to (with DS2 and the remake) be leaning towards making it an AR/GL hybrid. Having two barrels on top instead of two on the bottom was inspired by the BFG from one of the Doom movies.

This was an attempt to do both. Except it’s an autoshotgun from the hip. This was also inspired by Deadspace - you can only fire your weapons while aiming them. When unaimed, all you can do is beat Necromorphs up with them. Since we already have lots of quick melee weapons in this game, the most natural way to channel that energy was to have it fire as an autoshotgun from the hip.

…I don’t think I’ve seen something like this, actually. I mean, I’ve seen plenty of weapons that change fire rate and type when you zoom in, but never one that does this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

The rifle for every situation. Shotgun, assault rifle, launcher? The Triplex does it all. Aiming from the hip fires superheated magnetically doped plastic slugs in a shotgunlike pattern, aiming down sights fires them similar to an assault rifle, and tapping altfire bombards a target with a stream of projectiles so tight and fast it’s almost a single impact.”

codex

That is beautiful. Holy hell, that is a great design.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

This motorized weapon hurls magnetically doped, superheated plastic slugs through a gauss array, searing anything on the wrong end of its three barrels with a high-velocity stream of gas and liquid. Wounds on unarmored targets are horrific, resulting in something like a combination of acid wounds, burn wounds, and ballistic wounds.

That sounds horrific. I love it.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

In addition, this makes the Fluffy Timeline’s*** version of the Corpus somewhat like the Imperium of Man. Technically they control virtually the entire galaxy, but it’s heavily centered around travel routes and… well. Galaxy’s a big place. So’s the Solar System, in that both are so huge we struggle to conceive of their true scale. So it’s not inconceivable that the Imperium often finds human worlds with which they’ve lost contact. After all, there’s lots of moons, dwarf planets, and planetoids(?) such as Makemake, Haumea, Iapetus, and Himalia (that last one is particularly surprising given that it’s a moon of Jupiter.) within our solar system. In fact, according to google there are over 200 moons in the Solar System. Jupiter has 83 of them. Get to work, fellow conceptors lmao****

I like this compromise. It allows you to have a framework with a lot of source material to draw from and well, there is a lot of overlap between 40k and Warframe already. As for the moons thing, theres also the possibility of oort cloud objects, rogue planets and captured objects from outside the solar system coming in. But even without that theres plenty of stuff that can be used.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

codex

corpus__arca_triplex__assault_gun_by_flu

Lore

Designed by the Callisto-based Arca Labs, this motorized three-barreled weapon was designed by Arca with a humble goal:

To do everything.

Much like the Trypticor, its legal rival, it comes with three fire modes:

1. Autoshotgun Mode: Consumes six ammo. While fired from the hip, the Triplex uses its motors to chamber a six round burst with wide spread. This automatically cycles, making it similar to an automatic shotgun. Between each shot, there’s a noticeable whirring noise as On the one hand, this does less damage over range due to increased power consumption in the gauss coils.

On the other hand, it’s an autoshotgun. 

2. Rifle mode: Fires three-round auto bursts. This does less damage overall than autoshotgun mode, but it fires faster and is more accurate at range.

3. Launcher mode: Consumes 15 ammo. Channels ammo units through the central barrel as a grenade.

Corpus armed with this weapon are truly a force to be reckoned with, and rumor has it that a squad armed with these weapons was able to kill a Tenno. At least, they bombarded it with superheated plasma from this weapon until it stopped getting back up, and that’s probably a sign they died.

There’s one problem the Corpus have with this weapon, and it’s a problem that most of the weapons existing on Arca’s radiation-burning bleeding edge of technology share:

It’s heavy and expensive.

Many corporations within the Corpus neo-feudal alliance simply cannot afford to arm their troops with it in any real capacity*. In addition, it requires intense amounts of training for Corpus to manage a weapon with this many fire modes.But for Warframes, who have preternatural talents at making war and a complete lack of respect for Corpus economic domination? 

Well. 

That’s considerably less of a problem. 

One other historical fact of note is that the Triplex was the victor of a legal battle between Arca and and the Pluto-based Styx Manufacturing for the right to call their gun the Triplex. Arca’s prototype earned the right, in part due to Tenno intercepting (=D **) various messages from Styx’s spies on Callisto.

Despite their prominence and work with Anyo, it turned out that Styx was far worse in their own ways. They’d stolen various designs from Luxor Forge, blackmailed other corporations, and maintained such a hostile working environment that Tenno capture missions required them to fight off waves of enemies hoping to fly them out to other Styx facilities.

Footnotes

* I’ve decided that the Corpus now work similarly to the Benerit Group in Witch From Mercury - a neo-feudalist alliance of various interdependent corporations where the most powerful hold Board seats. How does this work when apparently Parvos Granum has come back? I dunno.

** Callisto is an interception mission lol

*** I guess that’s what I call this now lol. Now that I’ve said “timeline,” I’m going to include a weapon from another timeline like the MIDA weapons from Destiny =D

**** You can even make stuff up. It’s not inconceivable that various moons of the Solar System’s gas giants haven’t been discovered yet. There’s also a few that haven’t received proper names yet.

stats

Magazine: 150

Mods: Rifle

Shotgun:

Fire Rate: 2.8

Multishot: 6

Ammo consumption: 6 ammo

Total Damage: 294

Damage: 49

35 heat

14 impact

Critical chance: 18%

Critical Multiplier: 2.2x

Falloff: max damage up to 16m

40% damage at 32m
Projectile Type: Non-Hitscan

Rifle:

Fire Rate: 14

Multishot: 1

Ammo consumption: 1

Damage: 35

12 Puncture

7 impact

16 heat

Critical chance: 27%

Critical multiplier: 2.0x

Headshot Multiplier: 3.3x

Projectile type: Hitscan

On Impact:

• Trigger: semi

•     Damage: 50 Radiation 

• Ammo Consumption: 15

• Status Chance: 15%

Radial

• Damage: 600

• 450 Radiation

• 150 Heat

• Range: 6m

Artist notes:

…The footnotes section got wildly out of control. Anyway. It’s probably not that surprising to anyone that this is inspired by the Pulse Rifle from Deadspace 1 and 2. Not 3, though I did admittedly copypasta in part of the assault rifle barrel from DS3 and color over it. 

I’m one of the few Deadspace fans that played Deadspace Extraction on the wii, on account of not owning an Xbox 360 at the time. I bring this up because the Pulse Rifle in Deadspace Extraction can work as a shotgun (somehow) while Deadspace appears to (with DS2 and the remake) be leaning towards making it an AR/GL hybrid. Having two barrels on top instead of two on the bottom was inspired by the BFG from one of the Doom movies.

This was an attempt to do both. Except it’s an autoshotgun from the hip. This was also inspired by Deadspace - you can only fire your weapons while aiming them. When unaimed, all you can do is beat Necromorphs up with them. Since we already have lots of quick melee weapons in this game, the most natural way to channel that energy was to have it fire as an autoshotgun from the hip.

…I don’t think I’ve seen something like this, actually. I mean, I’ve seen plenty of weapons that change fire rate and type when you zoom in, but never one that does this.

Art looks beautiful, really like the stats especially the magazine size. 

I really like multi fire mode weapons even better are one like this where each fire mode has a distinct purpose. 

More lore is also great. It would be really nice if we got some codex entries/ a quest or to that went a bit more indepth on how the Grineer and Corpus functioned as well as more/any information on the nonaligned colonies.

50 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

That is beautiful. Holy hell, that is a great design.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Thanks so much! This was... honestly, it was so out there that it had to be Arca tbh. 

I'm very grateful for Arca. It provides so many ways to play with the Corpus aesthetic without hewing too close to the retro aesthetic of, say, the Dera and Amprex.

51 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

That sounds horrific. I love it.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Thanks for that too! Funny thing about this, actually - I took the basic concept from Deus Ex (not Human revolution's) plasma rifle. Which... it's pretty much 1:1 in terms of technobabble. This was just me extrapolating "Okay, what does it look like when a "gas liquid mix" impacts a target?"

I have really weird feelings about the plasma rifle from DXHR. It's cool and all but like... couldn't you have put this in the game before I crammed my inventory with a 10mm, an explosive revolver, a oversized LMG, an assault rifle, a laser, and some grenades?

54 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

I like this compromise. It allows you to have a framework with a lot of source material to draw from and well, there is a lot of overlap between 40k and Warframe already. As for the moons thing, theres also the possibility of oort cloud objects, rogue planets and captured objects from outside the solar system coming in. But even without that theres plenty of stuff that can be used.

As I type a response, I just realized I forgot Grineer space. My bad lol. In that case I'd like to assume something similar is true for the Grineer - they hold the largest, most important 

Warhammer and Warframe have the same daddy: Frank Herbert. I also didn't think about oort cloud objects, rogue planets, and captured objects, but that's really interesting as well!

29 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Art looks beautiful, really like the stats especially the magazine size. 

Thanks so much!

30 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

I really like multi fire mode weapons even better are one like this where each fire mode has a distinct purpose. 

I know exactly what you mean. I have... very mixed feelings on the Tiberon Prime and Kuva Hind for this reason. I just... not only does it feel cumbersome to often have to click altfire twice for the mode you want, but 2/3 modes on the Tiberon are crit. Why's there this status focused mode that I'm not gonna build for?

36 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

More lore is also great. It would be really nice if we got some codex entries/ a quest or to that went a bit more indepth on how the Grineer and Corpus functioned as well as more/any information on the nonaligned colonies.

As much as the average warframe conceptor may feel the urge to import their favorite gun into this game (see: every Titanfall homage here) it all comes back to this question lol.

• Like 2

The next autoshotgun I do. Since 4/5 of the last few guns I've posted have been autoshotguns, 5/6 if you count the Lucence (I don't think I should, but it's burstfire so that's not too different...) I'm gonna hold off on it for awhile.

Screenshot_124.png?width=870&height=489

It's called the TRENCHANCE.

At least, for now. Might get renamed soon, who knows?

• Like 2

On 2023-02-05 at 3:44 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

The next autoshotgun I do. Since 4/5 of the last few guns I've posted have been autoshotguns, 5/6 if you count the Lucence (I don't think I should, but it's burstfire so that's not too different...) I'm gonna hold off on it for awhile.

Screenshot_124.png?width=870&height=489

It's called the TRENCHANCE.

At least, for now. Might get renamed soon, who knows?

That looks fun, I'm interested to see what it does.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

sounds fun

Not entirely sure what there'll be yet - some of the stuff I've toyed with has been:

1. Explosions on headshot kills
  2. Bonus headshot damage.

Might also have a slug altfire, probably. Definitely some kinda ammo switching mode, cause almost every ballistic shotgun I've made has had some kind of ammo switch mode. Except possibly the Chadam. That was a weird one cause it's technically firing the same ammo but more violently.

• Like 1

SURPRISE HOMEDANKS

Ganymedean 'Hiro-A2' Gyrojet Pistol

"A refurbished version* of Ganymede's venerable  'Hiro' low-recoil gyrojet pistol. This version fires cased ammunition with a small load of propellant to quicken the ammunition's journey to maximum velocity, along with fin stabilization on the rounds for increased velocity. 

Its micromissiles are capable of airbursting."
Codex

Special Traits:
      Gyrojet Rounds - Rounds explode on impact.
      Rangefinder - highlights enemies - even through cover, within short ranges - when zoomed in.
ganymedean__hiro_a2__gyrojet_pistol_by_f
Lore

Large-caliber, low-recoil, manageable weight, high blast radius, airburst: The Hiro-A2 is the perfected form of the standard Ganymedean sidearm.

This weapon comes with a high-quality ballistic computer that links to any sufficiently advanced combat-ready hardsuit computers (in addition to chips in the magazine) to feed the user information on the lethality of the pistol's current loads, magazine capacity, and fire mode. It also comes with a sensor suite capable of reading enemy positions, highlighting them on a hardsuit or neuralink's tactical display. 

The combat precepts and data loaded within Warframes are vastly overpowered for this, making their use in tandem with the Hiro-A2 comparable to using a standard Tenno Foundry to make a basic lump hammer.

Designed for use in low-gravity and planetside environments, this 13mm pistol fires cased micromissiles that explode on impact with enemies, dealing 2-3 status effects per hit. However, tapping the altfire key will fire a slower-moving airburst round that explodes within one meter of  enemies, using both propellant and explosive payload for a larger blast radius that forces enemies out of cover.

The projectiles are slow enough to work for nonlethal purposes, and their archaic and exotic fin-stabilized rocket propulsion method gives them incredible versatility in nullgrav combat situations. Rounds carrying an explosive payload of this magnitude, however, exist in something of a gray area for Ganymedean security forces. On the one hand, the airburst function, antimateriel capability, and undeniable use against Grineer, Corpus, and Infested ensure they'll always be in demand...

...On the other hand, direct hits with lethal loads from this weapon are horrific. And in situations like that, it's common to shell out a higher-velocity weapon. Still, the Hiro has its uses, and unique features that make this seemingly unwieldy weapon feel that much smoother.

It loads through a stripper clip. You pull back the slide, and thumb the rounds into the breach.

The original Hiro (henceforth known as the A1) fired caseless rounds. The A2 version, however, is made with higher quality materials** and includes cases with a small load of propellant. One of the original flaws of the original gyrojet system was poor starting velocity, and so this version fires them at higher velocity. In addition, this comes with an electronic ignition system to fire the rounds. 

One other feature is a dimmer switch to turn off all the weapon's glowing lights for use in stealth***.

And, when all else fails, it's just solid enough to be used as a bludgeon.

Footnotes:

* This doesn't exist alongside the old Hiro - calling it "Refurbished" is just a joke on how this is a graphical rework of this. Kinda like the Refurbished Plasma Cutter in Deadspace 2.
** This is a joke on the fact that it's a higher quality image.
*** This is sort of a joke on glowy lights in sci-fi. I can tell you what...  most of the lights on this indicate, (the blue light above the computer is just a Blade Runner reference) but I imagine it's not that necessary to the gun's function to have the lights on. There's also a mention in Aliens: Fireteam Elite of various Colonial Marines using duct tape to cover up the Pulse Rifle's electronic display. It's fun detail, but at some point you really gotta ask "but why not just have an off switch?"

Stats:

Shared

Magazine Size: 7
Fire Rate: 4
Reload Time: 3
Recoil: NOPE

Primary Fire
Total Damage: 176

On Impact:
Damage
: 105.6
      Slash: 39.6
      Puncture: 19.8
      Impact: 46.2
Crit Chance: 20%
Crit Multiplier: 2.4x

Radial:
Damage: 70.4
      Slash: 17.6
       Impact: 52.8
Radius
: 2.8m
Falloff: Max damage at 0m
20% damage at 2.8m

Secondary Fire
Damage: 198
     Blast: 99
     Slash49.5
     Impact49.5

Radius: 4.2m
Falloff: Max damage at 1m
20% damage at 4.2m

Artist Notes

This was one of the first guns I started coloring.

Ganymede 'Hiro' Tactical Rocket Pistol

In fact, this dates back to a time where the Astilla was one of the only gun that fired what I'm going to call "micromissile-like" projectiles, with high volume of fire and lower blast radius. At the time, this had a lot of novelty, and it was one of the first explosive pistols I added into this thread. Nowadays, there's quite a few of them (the Absoute, the Vulkan, Spartoi, Reason, the Largo... there's more.) but at the time it had a real sense of novelty. I didn't think I was gonna work on it so soon, but I guess I figured that with how boxy and regular this was, I had no excuse to leave it with the wobbly look it originally had.

Full disclosure, I don't know as much about guns as I like to think. So I don't know how much sense a lot of this makes. The biggest flaw of the gyrojet (The primary inspiration behind this) was low velocity and poorly made gyroscopic rocket ports that made the velocity issue even worse. So giving this cases (similar to most current depictions of bolters) and spring-loaded fins like Frag-12 rounds just felt like it made sense.

Anyway. This is Warframe fanart. This was from a long-abandoned project to come up with my own open world, the Free Moon of Ganymede. The idea behind Ganymede was that it was a democratic socialist uprising against the Corpus, seizing control of Ganymede's farms and oceans* and selling the food back to the Corpus to keep themselves independent. As Ganymede in this also has a space elevator, (see here) and I was in an Expanse mood at the time, I decided for some reason to give their weaponry an aesthetic that looked almost modern, and tactical, but as filtered through a head injury.

(With the exception of the Largo, the only other Ganymedean pistol I made.)

The Ganymedean A E S T H E T I C is probably best compared to a combination of Tediore, Dahl, and Torgue. They're made from cheap plastics (and other such materials) like Tediore, they have a military aesthetic like Dahl, and they're usually non-hitscan and/or explosive like Torgue. Also, I normally end up looking at the Fostech Origin for inspiration on how plasticky their guns all look.

Also, new Ganymedean gun coming next. It's an SMG. So look forward to that! I guess this is sort of a preview or something. 

The other three biggest influences on this would be Dredd's Lawgiver (the Stallone version. I like how ridiculous the props are lol) The Expanse, (this is a big part of why it looks so much like a glock, and why it's black, silver, and orange) and (of course) BLAME. Sadly, this does not make 60 kilometer long holes, I just really liked the way the GBE's outwardly simple glock-like design belies its sheer destructive power. I think I have another Nihei-inspired pistol somewhere. Probably post it later.

Footnotes 2 Electric Boogaloo

*inb4 sea rat joke here. Also, I just realized that the only other Ganymedean pistol I made has a lower receiver not unlike the Jericho. This is funny to me.

• Like 3

On 2/11/2023 at 11:33 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ganymedean 'Hiro-A2' Gyrojet Pistol

"A refurbished version* of Ganymede's venerable  'Hiro' low-recoil gyrojet pistol. This version fires cased ammunition with a small load of propellant to quicken the ammunition's journey to maximum velocity, along with fin stabilization on the rounds for increased velocity. 

Its micromissiles are capable of airbursting."

It really shows how much you have refined your polish with this new picture. Great work. 

joke on glowy lights in sci-fi. I can tell you what...  most of the lights on this indicate, (the blue light above the computer is just a Blade Runner reference) but I imagine it's not that necessary to the gun's function to have the lights on. There's also a mention in Aliens: Fireteam Elite of various Colonial Marines using duct tape to cover up the Pulse Rifle's electronic display. It's fun detail, but at some point you really gotta ask "but why not just have an off switch?"

It is funny that the Paris bow has so many lights on it despite being a simple bow and that is considered a stealth weapon. 

sea rat joke here.

http://www.nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Gateway2.jpg

60 kilometer long holes

Illegal, this is a requirement. You have made a grave mistake mister.

Shared

Magazine Size: 7
Fire Rate: 4
Reload Time: 3
Recoil: NOPE

Primary Fire
Total Damage: 160

On Impact:
Damage
: 96
      Slash: 36
      Puncture: 18
      Impact: 42

Radial:
Damage: 64
      Slash: 16
       Impact: 48
Radius
: 2.8m
Falloff: Max damage at 0m
20% damage at 2.8m

Secondary Fire
Damage: 180
     Blast: 90
     Slash45
     Impact45

Radius: 4.2m
Falloff: Max damage at 1m
20% damage at 4.2m

Stat block looks great, a little low for a semi but not every gun has to be whizz gun. Glad to see the old bird back in action.