Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

10 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Alrighty then 🙂.

I like to imagine that if the Pandero, Vasto Prime, and Depezador Prime are in something like .44 magnum, the Estampida is chambered for .458 Winchester Magnum. (I mean, the cylinder's not long enough for that to be true, but it's a fun thought for me all the same)

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

STAT UPDATE: The Depezador Prime has been re-statted!
And by re-statted I mean it actually has stats now.

DEPEZADOR PRIME 

untitled_drawing_by_haruaxeman-dbq8smk.p
"During the Old War, this Orokin revolver served as an officer's handgun for Dax soldiers. It typically found use executing substandard Grineer - and even Sentients.”

Primary Fire
Damage: 
    slash: 39
    puncture: 19
    impact: 11
Critical Chance: 32%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance: 12%
Magazine Size: 9 (+1 shotgun)
Fire Rate: 3.8 rounds per second
Reload: 1.4s

Secondary Fire
Damage: 700
    Cold: 453
    Impact: 170
    Puncture: 77
Magazine Size: 1
Fire Rate: N/A
Status Chance: 26%
Critical Chance: 11%
Critical Multiplier: 3.6x
Punch-Through: 1.0m

Adds +18% critical damage on headshots a maximum of 5 times. Missing a target will remove a stack, but direct bodyshots will keep the combo up... while not adding on. Stacks can also decay.

A primed version of the Depezador, with higher damage, higher status, and higher crit chance and a shotgun altfire mode. It also has extra slash damage, serving as a pocket slash-damage sniper rifle. Its altfire has even higher status chance, and inherent cryo damage! 

Also, look forward to a recoloring of this thing soon. I'm keeping the physical gold paint, though. Because it is funny to me.

Tenno "Bellatrix Prime" Target Pistol

"This target pistol was created to familiarize Tenno, Dax soldiers, and Zero-techs with the new ballistic weapons they'd be using. Despite its stated role, it is deceptively powerful."

tenno__bellatrix_prime__target_pistol_by
stats
(DISCLAIMER: any stats will be changed as needed)
Damage: 84
     impact - 12
     puncture - 45
     slash - 27
magazine: 10
critical chance: 27%
critical multiplier: 2.4x
status chance: 27%
Accuracy: 90.9
Headshot Multiplier: 3.6x
Stability: Very High
Recoil: Very Low.
Fire Rate: 6.6
Reload: 2.0s
special traits
Pinpoint - Landing headshots increases critical chance and status chance additively by 15%, up to a maximum of 45%. Stacks take 3 seconds to decay. Missing a shot removes all stacks.
Zoom - tapping the altfire key allows you to zoom in.

Other Information
"Never miss."
--Orokin Script written on receiver.

Gameplay-wise, the Bellatrix is an extremely accurate, powerful pistol that serves as an excellent alternative to the revolvers and other magnums of the Tenno arsenal. It's fairly no-frills, except for its zoom. If you've ever wanted a Lex with higher fire rate and more control, (Admittedly, it has less power, but nothing's perfect) or a no-frills semiauto like my earlier Dynamo pistols, then the Bellatrix is it.

In the post-Old War era dominated by Corpus and Grineer, the Bellatrix is an almost literally priceless artifact for recreational target shooters, and Corpus aristocrats. Rumor has it that this is a favored sidearm of Baro Ki'Teer, and that many Grineer aristos and weapon manufacturers have one of these.

This is due to its renowned performance in the Old War. As the once-neglected science of ballistic weapons flourished in the Sentient War, the need became clear for better tools to relearn it. The Bellatrix was one such weapon, designed to push the limits of the Orokin Empire's new ballistic pistols.

It boasts accuracy unparalleled among the weapons of Tenno and Orokin alike, with many Tenno (save for those who used Depezadors, Lexes, or other such weapons) swearing by it as a pocket sniper rifle. While it lacks the power of a Lex or Knell, it more than makes up for it in fire rate, stability, range and controllability. While never truly intended for use as a combat pistol, it came in to its own during the Haumea Massacre, in which the Sentients (blindsided by the appearance of the Tenno) attacked a Tenno dojo orbiting the far-off Orokin outpost of Haumea, attempting to overtake the dojo and drop it on the dwarf planet below, killing thousands. 

Using O-bombs, the Cordas virus, and specialized Betrayer Troops armed with Vorticibus gravity cannons and other weapons, the Sentients rushed through Tenno defenses, slaughtering Tenno and Dojo personnel alike. As they found themselves cut off from resupply lines, with their moonside allies separated due to Betrayers within the colony, as ammo and weapons ran low, the Tenno and allied Orokin personnel found themselves desperate and armed themselves with Bellatrixes.

Though the battle wasn't exactly won (Haumea was devastated, and the Dojo was beyond repair) it was found that the Bellatrix performed surprisingly well against the Sentients. Thus, as the war grew longer and longer, it was soon pressed into service as the Orokin Empire found its earlier Prime weapons harder and harder to produce in the quantities to which they had become accustomed.

Artist Notes

This is inspired by several things involving the Luger, which I'll list below as bullet points so I don't have to make some giant rambling essay.

1. The "Naban 62" Zeon service pistol from Gundam. This is a toggle-lock pistol taking inspiration from both the Nambu pistol series of Japan and the Luger toggle-lock pistol. I liked the idea of combining their slim profiles - and there's just something I like about how the trigger guard extends out this far. I don't know what. I looked at a Nambu or two or three 
2. Drang from Destiny 2. Or whatever the golden one is.
3. Artemis Golden Pistol from Prey (2016). ...Okay, probably not that much, but there's not many golden toggle-locks I can look at.
4. Raymond Wielgus Engraved Luger Pistol: Originally, I planned for this to be practically a carbon copy of this engraved Luger. It... didn't really work out.
5. Luger "night pistol" with a Tac-light: There's actually a Luger pistol with these two brass plates on the pistol grip. Having your hand over it completes a circuit that leads into a flashlight attached to the pistol. The brass plates reminded me of the kind of gold plating the Orokin would totally add in, so it worked.

And yes, it's real. To quote the Joker from the Lego Batman Movie, it "Might be worth a google."
6. Jango Fett's Westar-34 Pistol: You can see some influence here in the muzzle brake. Something about the shape of the pistols, combined with the cutouts in the handguard and the brass plates in the latter, just... worked.
7. Bancroft's Pistol concept art: So I probably should've mentioned this earlier, but there's concept art of a particle pistol for the Netflix show Altered Carbon. It also looks like a Nambu.

9bf8f679086f233b2cbf0b98dbf2eb4f.jpg

8. Payday 2's "Parabellum" - Yes, Payday 2 has a Luger! It's referred to as an excellent alternative to the game's various revolvers, despite the fact that as a 9mm Parabellum pistol, it would logically have less power and capacity than some of the game's weapons.

But screw logic. That's cool. Plus, it lets people use a Luger. I really liked the concept behind a Luger chambered for magnum rounds, so that's in part where the Bellatrix came from. Fun fact, something like that actually exists!

Also yes, adding inherent vigilante traits is getting silly. I'll take a break from it for the next two or three.

77982e32fbb818e9b2b1b7ed65790be9.jpg

(If you're wondering, it's a Swiss "Sola" toggle-lock pistol chambered for .357 magnum. it's basically what an un-primed Bellatrix would look like, if I ever make one.)

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

On 2018-12-15 at 5:01 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno "Bellatrix Prime" Target Pistol

"This target pistol was created to familiarize Tenno, Dax soldiers, and Zero-techs with the new ballistic weapons they'd be using. Despite its stated role, it is deceptively powerful."

tenno__bellatrix_prime__target_pistol_by
stats
(DISCLAIMER: any stats will be changed as needed)
Damage: 69
     impact - 17
     puncture - 41
     slash - 11
magazine: 10
critical chance: 32%
critical multiplier: 2.6x
status chance: 19%
Accuracy: 90.9
Stability: Very High
Recoil: Very Low.
Fire Rate: 11

special traits
Pinpoint+6% chance to enhance crits. 
Zoom - tapping the altfire key allows you to zoom in.

Other Information
"Never miss."
--Orokin Script written on receiver.

Gameplay-wise, the Bellatrix is an extremely accurate, powerful pistol that serves as an excellent alternative to the revolvers and other magnums of the Tenno arsenal. It's fairly no-frills, except for its zoom. If you've ever wanted a Lex with higher fire rate and more control, (Admittedly, it has less power, but nothing's perfect) or a no-frills semiauto like my earlier Dynamo pistols, then the Bellatrix is it.

In the post-Old War era dominated by Corpus and Grineer, the Bellatrix is an almost literally priceless artifact for recreational target shooters, and Corpus aristocrats. Rumor has it that this is a favored sidearm of Baro Ki'Teer, and that many Grineer aristos and weapon manufacturers have one of these.

This is due to its renowned performance in the Old War. As the once-neglected science of ballistic weapons flourished in the Sentient War, the need became clear for better tools to relearn it. The Bellatrix was one such weapon, designed to push the limits of the Orokin Empire's new ballistic pistols.

It boasts accuracy unparalleled among the weapons of Tenno and Orokin alike, with many Tenno (save for those who used Depezadors, Lexes, or other such weapons) swearing by it as a pocket sniper rifle. While it lacks the power of a Lex or Knell, it more than makes up for it in fire rate, stability, range and controllability. While never truly intended for use as a combat pistol, it came in to its own during the Haumea Massacre, in which the Sentients (blindsided by the appearance of the Tenno) attacked a Tenno dojo orbiting the far-off Orokin outpost of Haumea, attempting to overtake the dojo and drop it on the dwarf planet below, killing thousands. 

Using O-bombs, the Cordas virus, and specialized Betrayer Troops armed with Vorticibus gravity cannons and other weapons, the Sentients rushed through Tenno defenses, slaughtering Tenno and Dojo personnel alike. As they found themselves cut off from resupply lines, with their moonside allies separated due to Betrayers within the colony, as ammo and weapons ran low, the Tenno and allied Orokin personnel found themselves desperate and armed themselves with Bellatrixes.

Though the battle wasn't exactly won (Haumea was devastated, and the Dojo was beyond repair) it was found that the Bellatrix performed surprisingly well against the Sentients. Thus, as the war grew longer and longer, it was soon pressed into service as the Orokin Empire found its earlier Prime weapons harder and harder to produce in the quantities to which they had become accustomed.

Artist Notes

This is inspired by several things involving the Luger, which I'll list below as bullet points so I don't have to make some giant rambling essay.

1. The "Naban 62" Zeon service pistol from Gundam. This is a toggle-lock pistol taking inspiration from both the Nambu pistol series of Japan and the Luger toggle-lock pistol. I liked the idea of combining their slim profiles - and there's just something I like about how the trigger guard extends out this far. I don't know what. I looked at a Nambu or two or three 
2. Drang from Destiny 2. Or whatever the golden one is.
3. Artemis Golden Pistol from Prey (2016). ...Okay, probably not that much, but there's not many golden toggle-locks I can look at.
4. Raymond Wielgus Engraved Luger Pistol: Originally, I planned for this to be practically a carbon copy of this engraved Luger. It... didn't really work out.
5. Luger "night pistol" with a Tac-light: There's actually a Luger pistol with these two brass plates on the pistol grip. Having your hand over it completes a circuit that leads into a flashlight attached to the pistol. The brass plates reminded me of the kind of gold plating the Orokin would totally add in, so it worked.

And yes, it's real. To quote the Joker from the Lego Batman Movie, it "Might be worth a google."
6. Jango Fett's Westar-34 Pistol: You can see some influence here in the muzzle brake. Something about the shape of the pistols, combined with the cutouts in the handguard and the brass plates in the latter, just... worked.
7. Bancroft's Pistol concept art: So I probably should've mentioned this earlier, but there's concept art of a particle pistol for the Netflix show Altered Carbon. It also looks like a Nambu.

Reveal hidden contents

9bf8f679086f233b2cbf0b98dbf2eb4f.jpg

8. Payday 2's "Parabellum" - Yes, Payday 2 has a Luger! It's referred to as an excellent alternative to the game's various revolvers, despite the fact that as a 9mm Parabellum pistol, it would logically have less power and capacity than some of the game's weapons.

But screw logic. That's cool. Plus, it lets people use a Luger. I really liked the concept behind a Luger chambered for magnum rounds, so that's in part where the Bellatrix came from. Fun fact, something like that actually exists!

Also yes, adding inherent vigilante traits is getting silly. I'll take a break from it for the next two or three.

Reveal hidden contents

77982e32fbb818e9b2b1b7ed65790be9.jpg

(If you're wondering, it's a Swiss "Sola" toggle-lock pistol chambered for .357 magnum. it's basically what an un-primed Bellatrix would look like, if I ever make one.)

Aesthetics= It's interesting how, at close range, there are a few spots that are a bit smudged, yet, at a distance, the whole piece looks perfect. Did you plan that effect out?

Also, big piece I like here at all ranges is the Tenno-esque muzzle break combined with the float-sight. Could have some Boar Prime in it's bloodline with how that was Tenno-crafted under Orokin supervision.

Statistical Breakdown:

Damage= The damage layout is well within Warframeian norms.

Magazine= No problems detected here, she sits on the lower end of the scale, but, she does not fall off the map at all.

Critical Chance= A bit excessive, but, happily, only just so. Just need to knock it into the 20s anywhere in particular and she'll be right as rain.

Critical Multiplier= Again, your not shooting in the dark happily enough, just need to shave a 0.2 off the pretty lady and she'll be back in her class as she should be.

Status Chance= Another lovely case of "higher end, but, not excessive.". Given how it's a prime-gun, I think higher end is viable here.

Accuracy= Alas, I miss my accuracy calculations I had from the wiki. Destroyed, long ago, when the place was renovated to remove "excess" that I needed, such as damage distribution.

(Destiny Rating)

(Destiny Rating)

Fire Rate= ECK OOK ACK AGH. It's Damage output and it's fire rate combined make this a bit. . . excessive, to say the least. Would it be untoward of me to ask you to single digit it in this aspect? It doesn't need to be low, just. . . lowered at all.

Reload= Strikes a lovely upper-middle ground that just can't be beat.

Special Traits:

1. Simple, yet, fitting given it's description in the title. Is this essentially a "critical chance within a critical chance to get a critical damage boost." alla the famous "Red Crits"?

2. A companion to the Veldt perhaps?

Storywise: In the tale, you talk about Betrayers that don't appear to be Tenno. What are they? Sentient plants in the infrastructure like Lotus?

Inspiration zone:

Heh, certainly an iconic Pistol given how the source section almost reads like a bibliography for a report. No complaints at all, just shows A-LOT went into the making of the weapon.

Side note folks, as my computer's battery recently made one last hurrah before fading into the hereafter, I've been severed from Discord. Replacements on its way, but, won't be arriveing till around. . . say. . . January 2nd. Fear not, for my private message door is always opened like a crocodilian's yawn!

Edited by Unus

13 hours ago, Unus said:

Damage= The damage layout is well within Warframeian norms.

Funnily enough, this is the stat I worry about the most. I'm consistently worried I'll end up giving it too much, or too little...

14 hours ago, Unus said:

Magazine= No problems detected here, she sits on the lower end of the scale, but, she does not fall off the map at all.

In terms of magazine and damage, the Bellatrix is designed as a mid-road between Akvasto Prime and Pandero. Pandero has 8 rounds and 72 damage, Akvasto Prime has 12 and 66, so... 10 and 69 just worked.

14 hours ago, Unus said:

Critical Chance= A bit excessive, but, happily, only just so. Just need to knock it into the 20s anywhere in particular and she'll be right as rain.

Really? Huh. I think I'll probably just bring it down to 30%, though. Giving it 35% chance to orange crit (after Hydraulic Crosshairs) may have been too much.

14 hours ago, Unus said:

Critical Multiplier= Again, your not shooting in the dark happily enough, just need to shave a 0.2 off the pretty lady and she'll be back in her class as she should be.

Possible, but not certain I'll do it. The idea was that its crits are (damage-wise) midway between the Akvasto Prime and Pandero. Did some math, and it seemingly works as a mid-road between the two.  Granted, the math was off cause I was just multiplying base damage by crit multiplier while taking Primed Target Cracker into account while ignoring all the other factors, but it seemed fairly solid.

Ignoring headshot multipliers and stuff, Akvasto Prime came out to 332 or something, Pandero came out to about 422, and the Bellatrix came out to 372 (or something). I feel like that works. Also, for a laugh, I decided to feed the Depezador Prime through the same calcs. Surprisingly, it came out to 450 with 3.2x crit multiplier, so I reduced it to 3.0 and it came out to pretty similar damage to the Pandero at 422. I don't know what to think about that. Maybe I should bring it down slightly....

By the time you read this, I'll have buffed the damage by 2 points and reduced the crit of the Depezador Prime by .02.

14 hours ago, Unus said:

Accuracy= Alas, I miss my accuracy calculations I had from the wiki. Destroyed, long ago, when the place was renovated to remove "excess" that I needed, such as damage distribution.

Honestly I just ripped that 90.9 number from the Quartakk. It was the most (absurdly) accurate weapon I could think of at the time.

14 hours ago, Unus said:

(Destiny Rating)

(Destiny Rating)

It's admittedly not 100% applicable to Warframe, but as this is a target pistol, well...

I felt like it just made sense. 😛

14 hours ago, Unus said:

Fire Rate= ECK OOK ACK AGH. It's Damage output and it's fire rate combined make this a bit. . . excessive, to say the least. Would it be untoward of me to ask you to single digit it in this aspect? It doesn't need to be low, just. . . lowered at all.

...In hindsight, I almost certainly went too far on this one. I might bring it down to... eight or so? Possibly 7. I'm definitely planning on it being slightly higher than Akvasto Prime. 

11 hours ago, Unus said:

Storywise: In the tale, you talk about Betrayers that don't appear to be Tenno. What are they? Sentient plants in the infrastructure like Lotus?

Remember back when I released the Vaculyst? Well, I needed a reason for why it was shaped for human(oid) hands, so...

In the Old War, on some of the primitive planets and moons (such as Mars) that the Orokin kept as reservations, several populations saw the Sentients as Gods more powerful than their Golden Lords. They attempted to prostrate themselves before these strange, seemingly alien machines, swearing their loyalty and begging for protection from the depredations of Orokin who saw them as near-feral.

To their surprise - and that of various Sentients! - one such Sentient ravaging one such planet agreed, and created for its fledgling cult weapons of its own Bone, such as the Vaculyst. 

Troops armed with these weapons proved to eviscerate the security forces of what would one day become the Corpus, and proved to be a major source of traitorous human troops for the Sentients. Said troops, known only as Betrayers, were killed by Tenno and captured by the Orokin. At which point the Orokin Executors themselves subjected these traitors to an execution method so insanely brutal that it had no name. What happened to the Betrayer Troops who avoided Orokin retribution is unknown, and opinions differ on whether the Sentients rewarded or punished them for their faith.

Idea being, there's probably a lot of people in the Origin System that would've been entirely willing to prostrate themselves before the Sentients for a chance at not living under the Orokin. So numerous humans defected to the Sentients because - on the primitive planets or others that the Orokin didn't pretty up, and most definitely did not intend to have Infested outbreaks on - defected so they had a chance at something, anything other than the Orokin Empire.

I probably should've gone for a better name than "Betrayer." Welp, only one thing to do.

@Almighty_Jado, if you could name people that betrayed the Orokin Empire for the Sentients anything, what would it be?

14 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, certainly an iconic Pistol given how the source section almost reads like a bibliography for a report. No complaints at all, just shows A-LOT went into the making of the weapon.

I had a lot to work from. 😛 And at the same time, surprisingly little! You'd be amazed at how ludicrously specific the results for "golden luger" can be. A lot of the work here owes to the fact that I had some specific influences in mind (especially the Artemis Golden Pistol from Prey 2016) and the fact that...

Well, coloring was surprisingly hard. Not in the normal photoshoop way, but in more of a... how do I put this... Well, first instinct was to make it look kind of like this:

G93j2vQ.jpg

Problems are, the Depezador Prime already has (or at least it was intended to have) a black and gold look, and the metal color here just looked too understated for a prime weapon. It also looked like it'd overpower the gold. And I don't like that sort of thing. 

14 hours ago, Unus said:

Side note folks, as my computer's battery recently made one last hurrah before fading into the hereafter, I've been severed from Discord. Replacements on its way, but, won't be arriveing till around. . . say. . . January 2nd. Fear not, for my private message door is always opened like a crocodilian's yawn!

Oh noes! 

Well, I'll make sure to message you if I have anything to talk over. Hope it's a good replacement computer.

Besides, could've been worse. At least your computer didn't crap out the weekend before Finals like mine did. TWICE... technically thrice if you count the backup computer that broke.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Funnily enough, this is the stat I worry about the most. I'm consistently worried I'll end up giving it too much, or too little...

In terms of magazine and damage, the Bellatrix is designed as a mid-road between Akvasto Prime and Pandero. Pandero has 8 rounds and 72 damage, Akvasto Prime has 12 and 66, so... 10 and 69 just worked.

Really? Huh. I think I'll probably just bring it down to 30%, though. Giving it 35% chance to orange crit (after Hydraulic Crosshairs) may have been too much.

Possible, but not certain I'll do it. The idea was that its crits are (damage-wise) midway between the Akvasto Prime and Pandero. Did some math, and it seemingly works as a mid-road between the two.  Granted, the math was off cause I was just multiplying base damage by crit multiplier while taking Primed Target Cracker into account while ignoring all the other factors, but it seemed fairly solid.

Ignoring headshot multipliers and stuff, Akvasto Prime came out to 332 or something, Pandero came out to about 422, and the Bellatrix came out to 372 (or something). I feel like that works. Also, for a laugh, I decided to feed the Depezador Prime through the same calcs. Surprisingly, it came out to 450 with 3.2x crit multiplier, so I reduced it to 3.0 and it came out to pretty similar damage to the Pandero at 422. I don't know what to think about that. Maybe I should bring it down slightly....

By the time you read this, I'll have buffed the damage by 2 points and reduced the crit of the Depezador Prime by .02.

Honestly I just ripped that 90.9 number from the Quartakk. It was the most (absurdly) accurate weapon I could think of at the time.

It's admittedly not 100% applicable to Warframe, but as this is a target pistol, well...

I felt like it just made sense. 😛

...In hindsight, I almost certainly went too far on this one. I might bring it down to... eight or so? Possibly 7. I'm definitely planning on it being slightly higher than Akvasto Prime. 

Remember back when I released the Vaculyst? Well, I needed a reason for why it was shaped for human(oid) hands, so...

Idea being, there's probably a lot of people in the Origin System that would've been entirely willing to prostrate themselves before the Sentients for a chance at not living under the Orokin. So numerous humans defected to the Sentients because - on the primitive planets or others that the Orokin didn't pretty up, and most definitely did not intend to have Infested outbreaks on - defected so they had a chance at something, anything other than the Orokin Empire.

I probably should've gone for a better name than "Betrayer." Welp, only one thing to do.

@Almighty_Jado, if you could name people that betrayed the Orokin Empire for the Sentients anything, what would it be?

I had a lot to work from. 😛 And at the same time, surprisingly little! You'd be amazed at how ludicrously specific the results for "golden luger" can be. A lot of the work here owes to the fact that I had some specific influences in mind (especially the Artemis Golden Pistol from Prey 2016) and the fact that...

Well, coloring was surprisingly hard. Not in the normal photoshoop way, but in more of a... how do I put this... Well, first instinct was to make it look kind of like this:

G93j2vQ.jpg

Problems are, the Depezador Prime already has (or at least it was intended to have) a black and gold look, and the metal color here just looked too understated for a prime weapon. It also looked like it'd overpower the gold. And I don't like that sort of thing. 

Oh noes! 

Well, I'll make sure to message you if I have anything to talk over. Hope it's a good replacement computer.

Besides, could've been worse. At least your computer didn't crap out the weekend before Finals like mine did. TWICE... technically thrice if you count the backup computer that broke.

Then you worried about it JUST the right amount then suh!

Hehe, statistical magic.

That's fair. Lowest in my mind was aiming for a 29 at least, so, happy medians.

Eh, fair enough.

Ah, hehe, all roads lead back to the ol Quartajugs, eh?

Eh, suppose so. It's not crazy, given we have guns with recoil profiles and varying degrees of accuracy, just don't have as "in-your-face" rankings of em.

Heh, how bout 7.5 for one of those not-so-even numbers Digital has started enjoying?

Ahhhhhhh, I see credence in that argument. Even if the Sentients killed everyone in their path and spared no one, there's little doubt an apocalypse cult or two would see it as justice for Orokin sins, heralding them as new gods, a proper way to burn it all and start again, or as a means to escape Orokin yoke into the outer system beyond the swarms targeted areas.

Ah, proper ways and means to adequately warframeify it and not have it be a slapdash plug and chug, I see.

The battery can't come any sooner suh! Old beast has been battered for years, yet, she's soldiered on with lost hinges, cracks, lost nuts and bolts, even a hardrive fulla. . . me (I'm a bit like lizard, if you'll catch my dandy drift.)

On your end, bloody ell! How'd the REPLACEMENT crep out on ya?

54 minutes ago, Unus said:

That's fair. Lowest in my mind was aiming for a 29 at least, so, happy medians.

...Huh. That's very interesting. XD I considered that, but I just... well, I tried, and I felt like if I tried I'd be all like "Then why not 30%?"

57 minutes ago, Unus said:

Eh, fair enough.

Honestly I'm just glad this resulted in the Depezador getting balanced. No need for it to outdamage the Pandero too much. Gotta let that thing have its high damage and burst damage.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Ah, hehe, all roads lead back to the ol Quartajugs, eh?

You know how I get about Quartakk!

43 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ahhhhhhh, I see credence in that argument. Even if the Sentients killed everyone in their path and spared no one, there's little doubt an apocalypse cult or two would see it as justice for Orokin sins, heralding them as new gods, a proper way to burn it all and start again, or as a means to escape Orokin yoke into the outer system beyond the swarms targeted areas.

I figured there'd be a few reasons for why someone would turn against the Orokin:

1. In the case of the original Betrayer troops I mentioned, they were Mars-like primitives that decided to worship the Sentients as gods, and the Sentients humored them.
2. I was thinking there'd be a lot of people who chafed under Orokin rule, but knew full well they had no hope. So, you see something destroying the Empire that's abused you, "disappeared" troublesome friends, and couldn't care less about your well-being, and think "This is the only choice I have to experience something even approaching freedom."  

1 hour ago, Unus said:

On your end, bloody ell! How'd the REPLACEMENT crep out on ya?

I'm as confused as you.

Vallis Orbital Observation Post 001 Betrayer Incursion Report
Delivered to Director Drogon Vorjok, Counter-Betrayer Research Combine, Tenzing Montes bunker, Pluto
Objects of Interest
: New Tenno rifle.

Incident Report Code OV-2018-12-26-010-S
Asset Losses

• 217(?) Terra Crewmen
  • 56 Taxmen
    • NOTE: Figure is uncertain. The heads of numerous taxmen were missing, as were arms, legs, fingers, and other extremities. Approximately 20 other taxmen logged as being at the facility are currently missing. As a Betrayer was involved, we suspect them to be dead or captured.
  • x50 sets of prosthetic limbs, Grineer and Solaris-grade.
  • 299 basic-class Proxies
  • 5q Raw Materials
  • 7302 Corpus-space standard credits

Betrayer observed: X1 Orokin-pattern "Prime" Frost.

• Coloration: Dark green, yellow, pale blue. Wearing ornamental Betrayer syandana.

Equipment

• Prisma armor set.
  • x2 "Vasto Prime" revolvers dealing gas damage.
  • x1 Steel Meridian-pattern (?) Jat Kittag.
  • Unknown scoped Betrayer Rifle.

Notes: 
While most of us in the CBRC are of the opinion that Anyo usually deserves what he gets, a new weapon in the hands of the Betrayers is always cause for concern. Procedure is procedure for a reason, after all. Especially in the case of a new Betrayer weapon. Notes on the characteristics below:

• Rifle is furnished with brown Orokin-composite leather, gray-black metal, with red highlights.
  • Rifle is scoped. Reports show the Tenno sniping from across rooms and mountains, picking off Taxmen with headshots.
  • Various crewmen corpses marked for re-cyc were found with radiation burns. Source unknown, but security footage analyzed by our post-combat analysis team pegs it as coming from the unknown rifle.
  • No footage of the Betrayer reloading the rifle exists. Post-combat analysis teams have pored over any available footage, to no avail. Either it has a staggeringly large magazine similar to the 'SYMPHONY pattern Betrayer LMG, or it has a mechanism similar to the Betrayer Knell-pattern pistol.

~Director Drogon Vorjok

Tenno 'Tollen' Pistol-Caliber Carbine

tenno__tollen__pistol_caliber_carbine_by

Damage: 168
     impact - 42
     puncture - 105
     slash - 21
magazine: 7
critical chance: 28%
critical multiplier: 2.6x
status chance: 14%
Zoom levels: Ironsights (30% headshot multiplier)
                    Scoped - 2.1x (60% headshot multiplier)
Fire Rate
      * Base: 1.4
      * Buffed: 5.6

Special Traits
Death Toll - Headshots result in infinite ammo for 2.5 seconds and additively increasing modded critical multiplier by 0.5x, and adds radiation damage equal to 21% of the Tollen's base damage. This stacks up to 3 times. This can refresh.
Trepan - Landing 3 consecutive headshots loads a high-damage round with even more radiation... and shatters on impact. It has a bonus of +.5x damage on headshots. Headshots with this high-damage round do not add towards this buff. That would be silly.

Lore
"Cause a high death toll. Headshots briefly turn this scoped pistol-caliber carbine into a rapid-fire critical weapon that flays enemies mentally and physically."

A scoped Tenno pistol-caliber carbine used as a testbed for new Orokin ballistics technology, which was definitely not derived from Sentient materials and weaponry. Chambered for the same rounds as the basic-variant Lex pistol, (Not the Lex Prime. That would also be silly) the Tollen is a weapon to be feared...

...even before the dread headshot-actuated Death Toll buff, which increases the fire rate by 300%, adding +0.5x to the crit multiplier, and radiation damage to its base, turning enemies against each other with ease. Upon three consecutive headshots, the Tollen engages the Trepan buff, which uses electroencephalography to draw energy from the user's will into supercharging a high-damage round that shatters on impact with enemies. This round is able to create two status effects (three if you have Hunter Munitions) on impact. 

Spectrometer analysis has shown the radiation produced by the Trepan buff to be similar to blasts fired from the Battacor. But, as the Tollen is absolutely not made from any Sentient parts or materials, this is entirely a coincidence. And so is the fact that the Trepan special trait works similarly to an amp. 

As long as the Tollen is making headshots, it won't reload and it will rip enemy combatants to shreds.

Build Requirements
x1 Knell, x3 Radian Sentirum, x18 Star Crimzian, x20 Heart Noctrul

Artist Notes
Most important thing out of the way here: It does not do void damage. That would be... admittedly tempting... but it would also be a terrible idea.

Okay, so jokes aside... yes. There is some Sentient in it. All the red I was adding on the front of the barrel, (That's where the Sentirum goes!) combined with the bonelike ceramic, and how odd the Knell is compared to other Tenno weapons made me think "Sentient."

This is meant to be a pistol-caliber carbine inspired by the Knell. However, I just... I just can't make myself enjoy the idea of the Knell. It's cool and all, but I genuinely can't see myself potatoing it yet. Maybe that'll change if I actually use it, but it sounds frustrating. So there's a lot of more streamlined touches from other weapons I enjoy. The dual zoom levels are inspired by the Argonak, (unscoped has the same zoom level as the Argonak in semiauto) and the headshot buff takes more inspiration from the Toxocyst than the Knell. I also added in the sniper-like critical multipliers to make its firepower more competitive with other weapons in the game. 

Meanwhile, the Trepan buff was inspired by the Zen Meteor from Destiny 1. Despite its perks "Dynamite" and "With a Laserbeam," the Zen Meteor was not actually guaranteed to blow your mind. I added it basically because I could, and because it seemed like a fun way to make Grineer BITE ZA DUSTO.

(Yes. Yes it is.)

The reason the ironsighted headshot bonus (For lack of a better term, as very few weapons in Warframe seem to have anything resembling ironsights) is so low here is because, well... I gave this thing over 130 damage. And it's a weapon from the rifle pool. I don't want it to edge into the Rubico's territory too hard. It has very high damage, but even so it is a battle rifle, (Well, it's a pistol-caliber carbine, but it acts like a battle rifle) not a sniper. 

Also, if you're wondering about the mag? It loads through the pistol grip, like a... well, a pistol. Meanwhile, the magazine is under the barrel like on a Gabbett-Fairfax Mars. The mechanism pulls the rounds backwards and out of the magazine, pushes them up, and then into the barrel. It also ejects to the right, somehow. 

I don't know if that works with the Gabbett Fairfax Mars mechanism, but screw it. It's ten past one and it's Warframe. Consider yourselves lucky I added in that much detail about how it worked.

On 2018-12-08 at 4:56 PM, Unus said:

Scope-In Multipliers= The one component that I'm unsure of at the moment. Not in a doubt sense, but, in the sense of being a component that has been rare in my calculations.

So, a problem arose with that. Apparently, on sniper rifles, it's a bonus to critical damage, not headshot damage. Other similar semiautomatic rifles - the Ostium and Zenban - were recently found to be adding headshot damage instead of critical multiplier, due to a misunderstanding of mechanics.

Apologies for that. I changed it back, so now they're crit monsters! Which pleases me.

9 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Tollen' Pistol-Caliber Carbine

tenno__tollen__pistol_caliber_carbine_by

Damage: 133
     impact - 21
     puncture - 105
     slash - 7
magazine: 7
critical chance: 28%
critical multiplier: 2.1x
status chance: 14%
Zoom levels: Ironsights
                    Scoped - 2.1x (+14% critical multiplier)
Fire Rate
      * Base: 1.4
      * Buffed: 5.6

Special Traits
Death Toll - Headshots result in infinite ammo for 2.5 seconds and additively increasing modded critical multiplier by 0.5x, and adds radiation damage equal to 21% of the Tollen's base damage. This stacks up to 3 times. This can refresh.
Trepan - Landing 3 consecutive headshots loads a high-damage round with even more radiation... and shatters on impact. It has a bonus of +.5x damage on headshots. Headshots with this high-damage round do not add towards this buff. That would be silly.

Lore
"Cause a high death toll. Headshots briefly turn this scoped pistol-caliber carbine into a rapid-fire critical weapon that flays enemies mentally and physically."

A scoped Tenno pistol-caliber carbine used as a testbed for new Orokin ballistics technology, which was definitely not derived from Sentient materials and weaponry. Chambered for the same rounds as the basic-variant Lex pistol, (Not the Lex Prime. That would also be silly) the Tollen is a weapon to be feared...

...even before the dread headshot-actuated Death Toll buff, which increases the fire rate by 300%, adding +0.5x to the crit multiplier, and radiation damage to its base, turning enemies against each other with ease. Upon three consecutive headshots, the Tollen engages the Trepan buff, which uses electroencephalography to draw energy from the user's will into supercharging a high-damage round that shatters on impact with enemies. This round is able to create two status effects (three if you have Hunter Munitions) on impact. 

Spectrometer analysis has shown the radiation produced by the Trepan buff to be similar to blasts fired from the Battacor. But, as the Tollen is absolutely not made from any Sentient parts or materials, this is entirely a coincidence. And so is the fact that the Trepan special trait works similarly to an amp. 

As long as the Tollen is making headshots, it won't reload and it will rip enemy combatants to shreds.

Build Requirements
x1 Knell, x3 Radian Sentirum, x18 Star Crimzian, x20 Heart Noctrul

Artist Notes
Most important thing out of the way here: It does not do void damage. That would be... admittedly tempting... but it would also be a terrible idea.

Okay, so jokes aside... yes. There is some Sentient in it. All the red I was adding on the front of the barrel, (That's where the Sentirum goes!) combined with the bonelike ceramic, and how odd the Knell is compared to other Tenno weapons made me think "Sentient."

This is meant to be a pistol-caliber carbine inspired by the Knell. However, I just... I just can't make myself enjoy the idea of the Knell. It's cool and all, but I genuinely can't see myself potatoing it yet. Maybe that'll change if I actually use it, but it sounds frustrating. So there's a lot of more streamlined touches from other weapons I enjoy. The dual zoom levels are inspired by the Argonak, (unscoped has the same zoom level as the Argonak in semiauto) and the headshot buff takes more inspiration from the Toxocyst than the Knell. I also added in the sniper-like critical multipliers to make its firepower more competitive with other weapons in the game. 

Meanwhile, the Trepan buff was inspired by the Zen Meteor from Destiny 1. Despite its perks "Dynamite" and "With a Laserbeam," the Zen Meteor was not actually guaranteed to blow your mind. I added it basically because I could, and because it seemed like a fun way to make Grineer BITE ZA DUSTO.

(Yes. Yes it is.)

The reason the ironsighted headshot bonus (For lack of a better term, as very few weapons in Warframe seem to have anything resembling ironsights) is so low here is because, well... I gave this thing over 130 damage. And it's a weapon from the rifle pool. I don't want it to edge into the Rubico's territory too hard. It has very high damage, but even so it is a battle rifle, (Well, it's a pistol-caliber carbine, but it acts like a battle rifle) not a sniper. 

Also, if you're wondering about the mag? It loads through the pistol grip, like a... well, a pistol. Meanwhile, the magazine is under the barrel like on a Gabbett-Fairfax Mars. The mechanism pulls the rounds backwards and out of the magazine, pushes them up, and then into the barrel. It also ejects to the right, somehow. 

I don't know if that works with the Gabbett Fairfax Mars mechanism, but screw it. It's ten past one and it's Warframe. Consider yourselves lucky I added in that much detail about how it worked.

So, a problem arose with that. Apparently, on sniper rifles, it's a bonus to critical damage, not headshot damage. Other similar semiautomatic rifles - the Ostium and Zenban - were recently found to be adding headshot damage instead of critical multiplier, due to a misunderstanding of mechanics.

Apologies for that. I changed it back, so now they're crit monsters! Which pleases me.

Ahhhhhhh, that does scrub things up a bit better. Your own research benefits the rest of us in our own pursuits and vice-versa.

(And Merry Christmas!)

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Ahhhhhhh, that does scrub things up a bit better. Your own research benefits the rest of us in our own pursuits and vice-versa.

(And Merry Christmas!)

The research on the Gabbett Fairfax Mars? 😛

As you can see, the mag does not feed directly into the barrel. It's... well, it's really something. I'm pretty sure this will be inspiring. 😛

Merry Christmas to you too! I'm Jewish, so I don't celebrate Christmas, but it's the thought that counts.

5 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Vectis line has headshot damage on the scope in.

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Yeah, I believe it's the Rubico specifically that gains crit damage on scope. Vectis, Vulkar and Snipetron all gain headshot damage bonuses

...Wait. All this time, it... huh.

Ah, well. I think it's better this way. At least, I think it's better for the Ostium and Zenban. Maybe I should add that to the Bruin too, seeing as it's meant to be an automatic rifle, not a battle rifle or assault rifle.

(I just did, SON! Bruin now has +20% crit multiplier when aiming down sights)

Which is where I come to an important part here: Would the Tollen be better with a scope-based headshot damage multiplier than a crit multiplier? I feel like the headshot multiplier would fit better with something inspired by the Knell, but the point of this is also to be a streamlined Knell...

Any other thoughts? Would you enjoy giving this a try? If you'd consider potatoing it, that means I've succeeded.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

As you can see, the mag does not feed directly into the barrel. It's... well, it's really something. I'm pretty sure this will be inspiring. 😛

Merry Christmas to you too! I'm Jewish, so I don't celebrate Christmas, but it's the thought that counts.

Ah, well. I think it's better this way. At least, I think it's better for the Ostium and Zenban. Maybe I should add that to the Bruin too, seeing as it's meant to be an automatic rifle, not a battle rifle or assault rifle.

Which is where I come to an important part here: Would the Tollen be better with a scope-based headshot damage multiplier than a crit multiplier? I feel like the headshot multiplier would fit better with something inspired by the Knell, but the point of this is also to be a streamlined Knell...

Any other thoughts? Would you enjoy giving this a try? If you'd consider potatoing it, that means I've succeeded.

OH, THAT certainly helps, but, i meant in the form of the "headshot vs crit-shot" discoveries you made.

AH, in that case, happy Hannukah! Saving a chair for the man himself.

Finally. . .hm. . .as this is a Knellgun. ..  .perhaps the headshot multiplier remains apt? That way, it facilitates further headshots and fuels more murder.

Edited by Unus

48 minutes ago, Unus said:

OH, THAT certainly helps, but, i meant in the form of the "headshot vs crit-shot" discoveries you made.

I have a burst rifle idea that could work with this...   It's going to be a Vos Armaments plasma rifle. I will admit, it's tempting to make it a Tenno rifle (maybe I can have one of those too?) but I need to cut down on Tenno weaponry a bit here. It dominates this thread.

48 minutes ago, Unus said:

Finally. . .hm. . .as this is a Knellgun. ..  .perhaps the headshot multiplier remains apt That way, it facilitates further headshots and fuels more murder.

Hmmmm.... Good call. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

No offense, @(XB1)Fluffywolf36 but I feel like recently most of your weapons have been rehashing the same thing over and over. High crit, crit dmg buff of sorts, multiple zoom levels.

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

No offense, @(XB1)Fluffywolf36 but I feel like recently most of your weapons have been rehashing the same thing over and over. High crit, crit dmg buff of sorts, multiple zoom levels.

Nah, that's fair. 

(Wait, are you counting the re-statting of the Estampida and Depezador?)

I actually have about four more weapons like that I had planned on (granted, two were planned today) but I've been wanting a change of pace lately.  So I might as well hold this vote here.

Tagging @Almighty_Jado and @Unus for being my most frequent commenters - Which of these do you think I should try?

1. Tenno SPAS-12 shotgun. Doesn't have the damage buff, but switching to pump-action does add increased zoom. Blame the Argonak. There's some unexpected things I plan on doing here. (A preliminary silhouette drawing of this exists)
2. Alternator from Titanfall 2. Will be crit, because it's basically a tiny Bruin. Won't have as many of the advantages of the Bruin, or the zoom, because Primed crit mods exist. I'm not throwing dual zoom levels and a bonus for your first shot into that. Yet... (A finished, uncolored drawing of this exists.)
3. Corpus status burst rifle. Body shots increase... something about status, which stops increasing on headshots. It would be sort of like the "Headseeker" perk from Destiny.  May or may not be scoped.
4. Tenno crit burst rifle that's pretty similar. I only just thought of this after Unus' comment.
5. Corpus "Staser" secondary cryolaser PDW. Mostly status-based, probably. Anything hit with this releases radial cryo damage. Has an overcharge mode.
6. Corpus "Welder" that ionizes an area, and has an altfire that uses heat to seal it. Will basically be a pistol version of the Thermite Gun from The Order 1886. It's all very tactical.
7. Umbra Boltor. (I have no idea how this would work, but it is funny to me.)

7 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Nah, that's fair. 

(Wait, are you counting the re-statting of the Estampida and Depezador?)

I actually have about four more weapons like that I had planned on (granted, two were planned today) but I've been wanting a change of pace lately.  So I might as well hold this vote here.

Tagging @Almighty_Jado and @Unus for being my most frequent commenters - Which of these do you think I should try?

1. Tenno SPAS-12 shotgun. Doesn't have the damage buff, but switching to pump-action does add increased zoom. Blame the Argonak. There's some unexpected things I plan on doing here. (A preliminary silhouette drawing of this exists)
2. Alternator from Titanfall 2. Will be crit, because it's basically a tiny Bruin. Won't have as many of the advantages of the Bruin, or the zoom, because Primed crit mods exist. I'm not throwing dual zoom levels and a bonus for your first shot into that. Yet... (A finished, uncolored drawing of this exists.)
3. Corpus status burst rifle. Body shots increase... something about status, which stops increasing on headshots. It would be sort of like the "Headseeker" perk from Destiny.  May or may not be scoped.
4. Tenno crit burst rifle that's pretty similar. I only just thought of this after Unus' comment.
5. Corpus "Staser" secondary cryolaser PDW. Mostly status-based, probably. Anything hit with this releases radial cryo damage. Has an overcharge mode.
6. Corpus "Welder" that ionizes an area, and has an altfire that uses heat to seal it. Will basically be a pistol version of the Thermite Gun from The Order 1886. It's all very tactical.
7. Umbra Boltor. (I have no idea how this would work, but it is funny to me.)

Jabbing at it with my big stick of thunking, I gotta say 5 for the content and 4 out of sheer disgusting ego.

UPDATE: I'm switching around the factions for 3 and 4. If we're not thinking of variants like the Prisma Gorgon, the Tenno (as far as I know?) have most of the crit weapons in the game - Somas, Corinth, Akvasto Prime, Aklex Prime, Tiberon Prime, Euphona Prime, maybe even Strun Wraith (Though I guess it's more of a status weapon, the crit is just okay) to name the crit weapons I use fairly regularly. So now it's a Corpus crit-burst rifle and a Tenno status-burst rifle.

28 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

MOAR_SOMA.png

Working on this thing. The... Somin? Sorrello? Whatev. I just have one question: Should I add a prime version too? Decisions, decisions.

I mean, it's definitly a Tenno weapon by design, could be a part of the "Orokin descendant" pedigree.

Alternatively, it could be a creation of the post-War Tenno, without a lineage to trace back along, perhaps birthed from some Soma scraps an enterprising Tenno put togethor as a time-spender?

Really up to you suh!