Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

20 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

It's not much like a muzzle loader, it's more like... well, the average stripper-clip-fed rifle, like the Garand. Except it uses two stripper clips. And instead of a box it's rotary. 

...I'm not making it sound any less weird, am I? 

For real though, if you need to come up with more Tenno or Grineer weapons (or any other miscellaneous factions you might create, like my Ganymedean rocket GLOCBLOCC... rocket glocket blocket?) then there's plenty of weird mags you can go with to shake things up. I've made a fairly large amount of conventional-ish box magazine, tube mag, drum mag, and revolver mag weaponry, so I feel like I should try to mix things up a bit.

tumblr_nwnaw3ozMS1s57vgxo1_r1_1280-660x3(Kottas magazine. I don't even know, man)

2015-10-27-15_00_38-The-Missing-Link_-He 

(this MP5 prototype mag. I homaged this once in an art dump. It could be Tenno, I guess, but I have a much better feeling for making it Grineer)

2cc6e762e917a56fcdea27a12d76d811.jpg

hQUSVGH.png(CONCERM)

Truly a. . . marvel of. . . engineering, maybe?

Oh, for sure! I've done rotary magazines, magpuls, stanags, tubes, conveyer belts, boxes, the works. Not exactly at the bottom of the barrel just yet me thinks, and your list seems to confirm that thought.

. . . how in the screaming shet does THAT work?! The ell does it use, musket balls? Can't think of anything else that's actually feed through that mess.

Heh, Borderlands Malawan memories come to mind.

I have. . . several questions.

17 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

filename_by_haruaxeman_dd3nmbi-pre.jpg?t

Made another version of the..

... uh...

you know, I have no idea what it's called. I traced over a Rubico to make it clear that it's an infested version of that Thinking I might use the warp tool on photoshoop to make it look a little shorter, a little heavier. Any thoughts on that?

Hm. . . Corp-Tech usually gets the Mutualist designation, what Grin tech we've seen is usually described with ugly words. . . Overtaken Rubico maybe? Besmirched? Defiled?

Agreed, a little bit shorter in the neck department I think will be most helpful.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

. . . how in the screaming shet does THAT work?! The ell does it use, musket balls? Can't think of anything else that's actually feed through that mess.

I have no idea.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, Borderlands Malawan memories come to mind.

...Huh. So they do!

2 hours ago, Unus said:

I have. . . several questions.

20 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Strange, isn't it?

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Agreed, a little bit shorter in the neck department I think will be most helpful.

Or at least a little more bulk. Especially considering the earliest prototype looked like this:

On 2019-04-01 at 1:23 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

So I was drawing this horrible thing when I should've been writing, and I had a question. Do I continue the drawing and make it a sniper rifle, or should I make it a semiauto battle rifle?

filename_by_haruaxeman_dd3jzwb-pre.jpg?t

Why exactly I decided to use such a conventional layout on this thing is a mystery to me, as is the fact that it is an Infested Rubico. I genuinely have no idea what I was thinking. This isn't me being down on myself - I genuinely don't remember. I think I was trying to do an infested sniper rifle first, and settled on the Rubico as the thing to work from...

Anyway. That's a silhouette I like there, meanwhile the "traced" version just feels so thin. 

Tenno ‘Tenebrae’ Tactical Shotgun
7-round pump/semiauto shotgun

tenno__tenebrae__tactical_shotgun_by_har

“Tactical shotgun of the Orokin era, used in the Origin System homefront during the chaotic heights of the Old War. Fire in semiauto for high-status damage, or fire in pump-action to release a swarm of radioactive high-crit breaching flechettes.”
—Lotus

Lore
“Suspects? No, no no no. No. I can’t order a fireteam of Tenno to pick up Tenebra shotguns and go after everyone with a motive. That’s half the colony. We won’t be able to replace that kind of manpower.”
Executor Amita, administrator of Ganymede.

As wartime sabotage of Outer Planets industry became more and more common by the day, Old War-era Orokin came to an unpleasant realization: It was not why anyone want the Orokin dead, it was how many people would.

Bidanian theists. Old Lokites. Descendants of old Independent Ganymedeans. Tribals from primitive worlds such as Mars, who saw the Sentients as gods. Agitators who (perhaps justifiably) thought their worlds had been used as breeding grounds for Infestation. And downtrodden Origin System residents so beaten down by the Orokin that they would have taken anything as a change of pace.

The Tenebrae was specifically designed for use against the strongholds of these anti-Orokin elements.  And Sentients, of course. The latter was achieved through the use of a small atomic battery linked to the onboard nanoforge, allowing this to fire radioactive munitions.

Semiauto mode gave it a high rate of fire in close quarters, firing a spray of flechettes that tumbled inside the bodies of fleshier targets and wore away at Sentient armor. Their lower penetration gave them unexpected versatility on spaceships. Meanwhile, pump-action mode “overcharged’ the shotgun’s flechette ammunition. Flechettes fired at hard surfaces would explode, while also flinging a series of tiny projectiles through a target into anything unfortunate enough to  be behind the target.

While this was originally intended to breach doors, it was only a matter of time before someone used it on a living target. Wounds created by this weapon would be (rightly) considered war crimes by any nation predating the Orokin.

An interesting fact is that the explosive damage of this weapon is completely unaffected by damage falloff. In short, this is capable of doing over 200 damage at any range. The explosion radius is also somewhat dependent on spread size, meaning that firing this weapon at long range can actually increase its effectiveness.

Mechanics  

Think of this as a bifurcated Strun Wraith. The Strun Wraith, as it happens, is an extraordinarily enjoyable shotgun for me because you can build it for crit and status at the same time. So this takes both aspects, separates them into different fire modes, and exaggerates them.

Semiauto mode is your standard slash status shotgun stuff. Capable of 100% status… but with a twist in that it has disproportionately, absurdly high crit multiplier by shotgun standards. I thought it was funny.

Pump mode, however, is much more unique. Not only does it have increased zoom, range, and accuracy over semi mode, but every individual flechette can cause 2 status instances as there’s an AoE effect around the impact point. 

The easiest way to describe this is to ask you to imagine if the Astilla had punch through - and, instead of the shells only shattering on hard surfaces, there was only an AoE effect on the first thing they impacted. Then, the shell would go on its merry way, overpenetrating enemies but not shattering again.  Also, it's multiple projectiles that do this.

This effect, by the way, would not be affected by punch-through. Punch through merely determines how many enemies are overpenetrated after the initial explosion.  It sounds weird and I guess it is weird.

The reason that both fire modes have these odd attributes is simple. I figured people weren’t going to have much build freedom with something like this, and I thought it’d be funny to have some bleedover from mode to mode. A status build will give pump mode a lot of fun status shenanigans, and a crit build will cause some fun crit shenanigans with pump-action fire.

P.S: Don’t worry, pump mode does not have self-damage. I’m not a monster.

P.S.S: The ideal riven for this would be a Hexacron, or something similar with critical and status attributes.

Stats:

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing when it comes to these stats. If this turns out to invalidate something… then stop me. Please. I will listen.

Shared:
    Trigger: Semi
    magazine - 7+1
    Reserve Ammo - 140
    Pellets - 7
    Reload - 3.7s
     (0.2 to start)
     (0.5 per shell)

Semi
    Fire Rate: 3.2
    Accuracy: 8.1

Multishot: 7
    Damage: 532
            Slash: 231
            Radiation: 168
            Impact: 84
            Puncture: 49
    Crit Chance: 16%
    Crit Multiplier: 3.2x
    Status Chance: 16%
    Damage Falloff:
            Max Damage up to 17m
            Min Damage at 30m
            40% Max Reduction

Pump

Impact: 
        Fire Rate: 1.15
        Accuracy: 10.1

Multishot: 7
        D
amage: 50

Puncture: 22
            Slash: 17
            Radiation: 9 
            Impact: 2
        Crit Chance: 33%
        Crit Multiplier: 3.0x
        Status Chance: 3%
        Damage Falloff:
            Max Damage up to 22m
            Min Damage at 44m
            50% Max Reduction

Radial: 
        Damage: 31x7
               12 Radiation
               10 Impact
               9 Slash

Crit Multiplier: 3.0x
        Status Chance: 3%
        Projectile Type: AoE
        Range: 0.8m

Damage Falloff:
            50% Max Reduction at 0.7m

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
Balancing!
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

FAST_AND_BOOLBOUS.png?width=1460&height=

FAST AND BOOLBOUS

...All seriousness though, this is a new pistol I'm working on at the moment. Stats and other information are under wraps for the moment. Just posting this to let you know that I ain't dead. Despite it being a year and two weeks after that time I nearly died.

In the meantime, while you wait for this, I'm curious: What are your thoughts on this thing? Or the Tenebrae? Cause it's been super quiet in here for awhile.

• Like 1

The Tenebrae looks really nice, we really need more weapons that have the ability to switch between two distinct fire modes. As always I would love to see any of your designs implemented in Warframe. 

Also have you though of designing a set of modular weapon parts? I would love to see your take on that.

Edit: I'm also interested to see what you have in mind for that infested pistol.

Edited by Neo3602

1 hour ago, Neo3602 said:

The Tenebrae looks really nice, we really need more weapons that have the ability to switch between two distinct fire modes. As always I would love to see any of your designs implemented in Warframe. 

Thanks so much! The funny thing is, it's not just switching fire modes, it's switching ammo types. It uses nanomachines (SON) to reconfigure to a different ammo type that.... well, it just doesn't cycle very well. So it has to be manually pumped to eject and rechamber. Funny stuff.

Trust me when I say that seeing any of my designs (but especially the Depezador, Estampida, Somesha, Avakan, Bruin, and Proxima) would be a dream for me.

Also have you though of designing a set of modular weapon parts? I would love to see your take on that.

Honestly, I'm kind of afraid to make a new modular system, on account of knowing just how broken Kitguns and Zaws can be (I used to love the Endura, but my Kripath rapier outdoes it in every way... 😞 )and some bad experiences with Deadspace 3. But I have toyed with the idea of some zaw and kitgun parts to add in on Ganymede.

4 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Edit: I'm also interested to see what you have in mind for that infested pistol.

I'm thinking it'll be some fun stuff. Inherent toxin damage with no impact, lots of status... and there's one other unique thing I haven't mentioned yet.

INFESTED 'HYPODERMIS' MACHINE PISTOL
Auto-burst-spool machine pistol firing quills
(Yes, this is a secondary. Neat, huh?)

infested__hypodermis__machine_pistol_by_

----

CODEX:
Biorigged by the shiniest cyters of Mycona Colony after the Triuna Crisis, this old iron fires high-velocity fester biometal-coated keratin quills that will scab a Fester, Eggie, and especially Boxhead in a sec flat.”

----

Overheard quote from Tarja Lem, while the cursor is over it: “Alad’s a siek ou, but a skilled cyter and servo-jockey like him was a Godsend to poor rockhoppers like us.”

As fast and bulbous as a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag, this iron was biorigged from Tenno-spec foundries offed to the Mycona and progged from ancient Orokin weapon construction precepts hidden within the technocyte nana. All for the purpose of creating the Hypodermis machine pistol, made to say that the Mycona would not take the actions of boxheads like Anyo ever again. Not now, not ever.  

The mag is actually a hypodermic needle (giving the Hypodermis its name) loaded through the pistol grip. Pressing down on the plunger injects the Hypodermis with a high-protein (and high-calcium!) slurry that encourages the growth of high-velocity toxic keratin quills coated in Fester biometal. Due to the high fire rate, and its accuracy decreasing the longer it's fired, this iron has poor ammo efficiency.

During the project, rigging expertise came from a surprising source. While on the run from every major authority in the Origin System, Alad V hid out among the Mycona and lent his ken to their cyters, helping to biorig up this deadly auto-iron and the Avestrucera. Until, of course, the moment he biorigged the abomination of nature, logic, and science that is the Teracor for a laugh while on vacation in the Plains of Eidolon, and the Boxheads snapped him up for his expertise at working with Sentient biotech. He would eventually create the Amalgam Dogs that way. Thanks, Boxer Ring. I hope you're proud of yourselves.

(It wasn't something that anyone would consider a sane decision, but after the Umbra Excalibur Incident in which Sentients were finally seen outside the Lua Exclusion Zone, ravaging Corpus defenses, the Boxer Ring worked to snap up any experts they could find.)

This weapon is a possible blueprint offed from Tarja Lem biweekly wherever she sets shop, in Relays, Landscapes such as Earth, Venus, the Mercury Quarantine's burn wards, Ganymede and A Bao A Qu, and Mycona Colony. Despite the fact that it shoots quills, this has nothing to do with the Cetus-based Quills. As far as we know.

----

ARTIST NOTES
The description is written in some mycona slang I invented. In the very, very likely event you didn’t get it, here’s a translation in (rough) order of appearance:

Biorigged: Made from organic material, often using technocyte matter.

Shiny - typical word for “cool.” As shamelessly ripped from Firefly.

Cyter  - One who works with Infested matter. Deriving from both “cyte” as short for technocyte, and the common opinion that it’s suicidal.

Scab - Kill, typically with Infested matter.

Fester - Infested

Eggie - Grineer

Boxhead: Corpus

Boxer Ring: Corpus Board

Siek Ou - “Sick man.”

Servo-Jockey - one who works with Robotics.

Rockhopper - independent colonists living in asteroids. Typically this conveys an impression of poverty.

Offed - Given

Burn Ward - an outpost near Mercury, meant for popping zits.

Popping Zits - Killing Infested plague stars before they make planetfall. Which is presumably why we don't have Plague Star. I can't believe I'm saying this, but thanks... Corpus... board.... Oh God I feel dirty inside.

Progged - Programmed

Nana: NANOMACHINES, SON

Lent his ken - ‘ken’ means knowledge in this case. So, “lent his knowledge.”

Sets Shop - To set up temporary shop for a traveling business.

As fast and bulbous as a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag: …Got me. (I was in a Captain Beefheart mood at the time!)

----

I actually have a Tenno revolver on the docket, I just haven't posted it yet because I wanted to mix things up. My deviantart and my concept thread feel dominated by Tenno weaponry with fairly logical designs (I have Warframe-ified versions of the AN-94, a LeMat, Vash's revolver, a pump-action shotgun and pump-action grenade launcher, a lever-action shotgun, a BAR...) and I wanted to do something more off-the-wall.

There's also a minor retcon of my canon in this. Now, my canon is barely there (you have to squint to see it) and it's on about the same level of hardness as the SCP Foundation (Basically "HAHAHAHA WHAT CANON") but I prefer my work to function alongside Warframe. Originally, I'd planned for Alad V to become a wild card who made a killing as an independent contractor working alongside the Mycona, applying his expertise to making horrible things like this. And the Avestrucera.

But now, I learn that the Corpus rehired him, and he's making yet another hybrid abomination. HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TEACH YOU THIS LESSON OLD MAN

Anyway. You may notice that this is an auto-burst-spool weapon. I actually have one more of these planned, I just did this one because... honestly? Because I wanted to. I wanted to create the most bizarre trigger type I could for warframe (We have burst, auto, auto burst, semi, continuous, charged, duplex...) and this just seemed to naturally fit. Also, the idea of a hypodermic needle as a magazine was funny.

This was heavily inspired by the "injector" weapons from Defiance 2050.

There's also a hint for an upcoming weapon that is not the revolver I have planned next! You'll find out soon enough.

----

STATS

Magazine size: 81 rounds
Trigger: Auto-Burst-spool (Burstfires automatically, but the bursts fire faster and the delay grows smaller the longer you hold the trigger)

Burst Count - 3 
Damage: 27
       11 Toxin
       9 puncture
       7 Slash

Crit Chance: 30%
Crit Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 14%
Rate Of Fire:  8.2 (unspooled)
                    13.7 (spooled)
Reload: 2.3s

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

On 2019-04-23 at 1:08 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

INFESTED 'HYPODERMIS' MACHINE PISTOL
Auto-burst-spool machine pistol firing quills
(Yes, this is a secondary. Neat, huh?)

infested__hypodermis__machine_pistol_by_

----

CODEX:
Biorigged by the shiniest cyters of Mycona Colony after the Triuna Crisis, this old iron fires high-velocity fester biometal-coated keratin quills that will scab a Fester, Eggie, and especially Boxhead in a sec flat.”

----

Overheard quote from Tarja Lem, while the cursor is over it: “Alad’s a siek ou, but a skilled cyter and servo-jockey like him was a Godsend to poor rockhoppers like us.”

As fast and bulbous as a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag, this iron was biorigged from Tenno-spec foundries offed to the Mycona and progged from ancient Orokin weapon construction precepts hidden within the technocyte nana. All for the purpose of creating the Hypodermis machine pistol, made to say that the Mycona would not take the actions of boxheads like Anyo ever again. Not now, not ever.  

The mag is actually a hypodermic needle (giving the Hypodermis its name) loaded through the pistol grip. Pressing down on the plunger injects the Hypodermis with a high-protein (and high-calcium!) slurry that encourages the growth of high-velocity toxic keratin quills coated in Fester biometal. Due to the high fire rate, and its accuracy decreasing the longer it's fired, this iron has poor ammo efficiency.

During the project, rigging expertise came from a surprising source. While on the run from every major authority in the Origin System, Alad V hid out among the Mycona and lent his ken to their cyters, helping to biorig up this deadly auto-iron and the Avestrucera. Until, of course, the moment he biorigged the abomination of nature, logic, and science that is the Teracor for a laugh while on vacation in the Plains of Eidolon, and the Boxheads snapped him up for his expertise at working with Sentient biotech. He would eventually create the Amalgam Dogs that way. Thanks, Boxer Ring. I hope you're proud of yourselves.

(It wasn't something that anyone would consider a sane decision, but after the Umbra Excalibur Incident in which Sentients were finally seen outside the Lua Exclusion Zone, ravaging Corpus defenses, the Boxer Ring worked to snap up any experts they could find.)

This weapon is a possible blueprint offed from Tarja Lem biweekly wherever she sets shop, in Relays, Landscapes such as Earth, Venus, the Mercury Quarantine's burn wards, Ganymede and A Bao A Qu, and Mycona Colony. Despite the fact that it shoots quills, this has nothing to do with the Cetus-based Quills. As far as we know.

----

ARTIST NOTES
The description is written in some mycona slang I invented. In the very, very likely event you didn’t get it, here’s a translation in (rough) order of appearance:

Biorigged: Made from organic material, often using technocyte matter.

Shiny - typical word for “cool.” As shamelessly ripped from Firefly.

Cyter  - One who works with Infested matter. Deriving from both “cyte” as short for technocyte, and the common opinion that it’s suicidal.

Scab - Kill, typically with Infested matter.

Fester - Infested

Eggie - Grineer

Boxhead: Corpus

Boxer Ring: Corpus Board

Siek Ou - “Sick man.”

Servo-Jockey - one who works with Robotics.

Rockhopper - independent colonists living in asteroids. Typically this conveys an impression of poverty.

Offed - Given

Burn Ward - an outpost near Mercury, meant for popping zits.

Popping Zits - Killing Infested plague stars before they make planetfall. Which is presumably why we don't have Plague Star. I can't believe I'm saying this, but thanks... Corpus... board.... Oh God I feel dirty inside.

Progged - Programmed

Nana: NANOMACHINES, SON

Lent his ken - ‘ken’ means knowledge in this case. So, “lent his knowledge.”

Sets Shop - To set up temporary shop for a traveling business.

As fast and bulbous as a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag: …Got me. (I was in a Captain Beefheart mood at the time!)

----

I actually have a Tenno revolver on the docket, I just haven't posted it yet because I wanted to mix things up. My deviantart and my concept thread feel dominated by Tenno weaponry with fairly logical designs (I have Warframe-ified versions of the AN-94, a LeMat, Vash's revolver, a pump-action shotgun and pump-action grenade launcher, a lever-action shotgun, a BAR...) and I wanted to do something more off-the-wall.

There's also a minor retcon of my canon in this. Now, my canon is barely there (you have to squint to see it) and it's on about the same level of hardness as the SCP Foundation (Basically "HAHAHAHA WHAT CANON") but I prefer my work to function alongside Warframe. Originally, I'd planned for Alad V to become a wild card who made a killing as an independent contractor working alongside the Mycona, applying his expertise to making horrible things like this. And the Avestrucera.

But now, I learn that the Corpus rehired him, and he's making yet another hybrid abomination. HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TEACH YOU THIS LESSON OLD MAN

Anyway. You may notice that this is an auto-burst-spool weapon. I actually have one more of these planned, I just did this one because... honestly? Because I wanted to. I wanted to create the most bizarre trigger type I could for warframe (We have burst, auto, auto burst, semi, continuous, charged, duplex...) and this just seemed to naturally fit. Also, the idea of a hypodermic needle as a magazine was funny.

This was heavily inspired by the "injector" weapons from Defiance 2050.

There's also a hint for an upcoming weapon that is not the revolver I have planned next! You'll find out soon enough.

----

STATS

Magazine size: 81 rounds
Trigger: Auto-Burst-spool (Burstfires automatically, but the bursts fire faster and the delay grows smaller the longer you hold the trigger)

Burst Count - 3 
Damage: 27
       11 Toxin
       9 puncture
       7 Slash

Crit Chance: 30%
Crit Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 14%
Rate Of Fire:  8.2 (unspooled)
                    13.7 (spooled)
Reload: 2.3s

Your quills, my teeth and urticateing spines then suh.

AH, dipping into the slang till there eh suh? Hehe, always a fun one! Still. . . uh. . . what or who is "Captain Beefheart"?

Statistical Breakdown:

Aha, a significant magazine size. Not unexceeded, just significant for a non-akimbo non-variant secondary.

AH, I recall having a gun like this in one game or another. I wish I could recall the name. "Auto burst".

Perfectly functional damage profile.

Unexpected critical chance slant, but not an insane styleing.

Critical Multiplier is stable.

Status Chance is functional.

Fire-Rate is unconventional, but, functional within the given parameters.

Reload Speed is in functional stats.

50 minutes ago, Unus said:

AH, dipping into the slang till there eh suh? Hehe, always a fun one! Still. . . uh. . . what or who is "Captain Beefheart"?

That's a funny story. See, a long time ago, back in California, Frank Zappa - known for just doing whatever the hell he wanted, music-wise - had a friend by the name of Don Van Vliet, and they were two peas in a pod. They had similar senses of humor, they were on the same wave a lot of the time, and they both loved music. Except Van Vliet had a lot of more dadaist sensibilities, and was a sculptor and painter.

Then one day, Van Vliet went into music, asking Zappa to help him produce an album. The creation process consisted of Van Vliet - who went by the stage name Captain Beefheart - applying his dadaist leanings and social criticism into an album that cannot be described, only experienced.

49 minutes ago, Unus said:

Aha, a significant magazine size. Not unexceeded, just significant for a non-akimbo non-variant secondary.

I thought that having 27 3-round bursts was funny. 😛

58 minutes ago, Unus said:

AH, I recall having a gun like this in one game or another. I wish I could recall the name. "Auto burst".

I've used a couple. I had a pulse rifle in Deadspace 3 that worked like this, and I had a few in Destiny 1.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Perfectly functional damage profile.

That's a huge relief. I was worried that giving it 27 was too much, and I'd have to nerf it down to 16.... I'm kind of in uncharted territory, archetype-wise, so I was making up a lot of it as I went along.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Unexpected critical chance slant, but not an insane styleing.

Really? Huh. I purposefully went for something 1 lower than Akstilletto Prime. I was sort of going for "low-ish, but not useless." I didn't feel comfortable about giving it, say, 12 or 13... so this just made sense. Plus, I was thinking about how you'd said the Vlcak had unexpectedly high levels of status for such a crit-focused machine pistol, so I wanted to do the reverse here.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Status Chance is functional.

I wanted to do something more status-focused this time. A lot of stuff I do is pretty crit-focused, so this seemed like a good idea.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Fire-Rate is unconventional, but, functional within the given parameters.

Like I said, it was pretty uncharted territory! I had no idea what I was doing. 😛I have about 2 more auto burst weapons planned (technically 3 if you count the prime version) and it's for the best I'm trying to figure it all out.

Speaking of uncharted territory and not knowing what I was doing..... any thoughts on the Tenebrae? Statting that thing was quite difficult.

Grineer ‘Takkar’ Service Pistol

Grineer service pistol capable of semiauto, burstfire, and full auto fire. Useful, but not superlative, in all situations.”

grineer__takkar__tactical_pistol_by_haru

LORE

Designed by Harkonnar Foundry to replace the aging, cumbersome Kraken pistol, the Takkar is meant to serve as the perfect backup sidearm.

It was specifically marketed (as much as Grineer understand marketing…) towards Grineer armed with heavily specialized primary weapons such as shotguns, LMGs, explosives, and beam weaponry. It’s also found a niche in the cramped confines of max-sec penitentiaries such as Saturn Six, with the Grineer guards of Mimas Installation even pioneering a carbine version.

Its wide variety of options have earned it a (possibly) undeserved reputation among newer, (somehow even more) brutish generations of Grineer for being overcomplicated and not simple enough. However, these Grineer are very much a minority, and it’s been adopted by various Nightwatch and Regor Naval squads.

The Takkar became infamous when the Saturn Six fugitive Ral Vek sought out Rathuum armed only with two of these, and almost earned a pardon. Word has it that the Wolf of Saturn’s pack still uses a modified version of these…

ARTIST NOTES
The concept was simple enough - a pistol with three firing modes like the Tiberon, just with more of a focus on status.

I didn’t have time to draw the animations, but: The small pipe where the ejection port would be on a modern pistol moves back and forward, like a pump. Meanwhile, the big silvery bulb on the back of is the magazine! Just like the Stubba.

Except on the Takkar, it rotates with each shot. How and why this works, I have no idea. 

STATS

Magazine - 45
Fire Rate - 7.3

Semiauto
Damage - 35
        Puncture - 18
        Impact - 11
        Slash - 6
Crit Chance - 32%
Crit Multiplier - 2.6x
Status Chance - 28.5%

Burst

Damage - 35
Impact - 15
Slash - 13
Puncture - 7
Crit Chance - 18%
Crit Multiplier - 2.0x 
Status Chance - 37%
Fire Rate - 7.3
Burst Count - 5

Auto
Damage - 35
        Slash - 20
        Impact - 9
        Puncture - 6
Crit Chance - 11%
Crit Multiplier - 1.9x
Status Chance - 37%

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

I really like this, a pocket tiberion prime would be nice!

Thanks so much, dood! I thought so too! =D  

I wanted to make it more status-focused than the Tiberon, though, because... well, 1, status just felt more Grineer, and 2, going for the Tiberon's crit focus wouldn't be very unique.

2 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

I do wish that the Kraken wasn't so bad though.

I feel your pain. I get it, it's easy to want to like it because the sound is cool, but when I used it there was this "walking through thick oil" feeling I had. It just felt so slow, and so unwieldy, and it felt like I could just  get more dakka from my various semiauto pistols. Which is never good for a burstfire weapon.

(Also while we're at it, thanks again for commenting on the Tenebrae. I put a lot of work into that one.)

On 2019-04-06 at 1:46 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno ‘Tenebrae’ Tactical Shotgun
7-round pump/semiauto shotgun

tenno__tenebrae__tactical_shotgun_by_har

“Tactical shotgun of the Orokin era, used in the Origin System homefront during the chaotic heights of the Old War. Fire in semiauto for high-status damage, or fire in pump-action to release a swarm of radioactive high-crit breaching flechettes.”
—Lotus

Lore
“Suspects? No, no no no. No. I can’t order a fireteam of Tenno to pick up Tenebra shotguns and go after everyone with a motive. That’s half the colony. We won’t be able to replace that kind of manpower.”
Executor Amita, administrator of Ganymede.

As wartime sabotage of Outer Planets industry became more and more common by the day, Old War-era Orokin came to an unpleasant realization: It was not why anyone want the Orokin dead, it was how many people would.

Bidanian theists. Old Lokites. Descendants of old Independent Ganymedeans. Tribals from primitive worlds such as Mars, who saw the Sentients as gods. Agitators who (perhaps justifiably) thought their worlds had been used as breeding grounds for Infestation. And downtrodden Origin System residents so beaten down by the Orokin that they would have taken anything as a change of pace.

The Tenebrae was specifically designed for use against the strongholds of these anti-Orokin elements.  And Sentients, of course. The latter was achieved through the use of a small atomic battery linked to the onboard nanoforge, allowing this to fire radioactive munitions.

Semiauto mode gave it a high rate of fire in close quarters, firing a spray of flechettes that tumbled inside the bodies of fleshier targets and wore away at Sentient armor. Their lower penetration gave them unexpected versatility on spaceships. Meanwhile, pump-action mode “overcharged’ the shotgun’s flechette ammunition. Flechettes fired at hard surfaces would explode, while also flinging a series of tiny projectiles through a target into anything unfortunate enough to  be behind the target.

While this was originally intended to breach doors, it was only a matter of time before someone used it on a living target. Wounds created by this weapon would be (rightly) considered war crimes by any nation predating the Orokin.

Mechanics  

Think of this as a bifurcated Strun Wraith. The Strun Wraith, as it happens, is an extraordinarily enjoyable shotgun for me because you can build it for crit and status at the same time. So this takes both aspects, separates them into different fire modes, and exaggerates them.

Semiauto mode is your standard slash status shotgun stuff. Capable of 100% status… but with a twist in that it has disproportionately, absurdly high crit multiplier by shotgun standards. I thought it was funny.

Pump mode, however, is much more unique. Not only does it have increased zoom, range, and accuracy over semi mode, but every individual flechette can cause 2 status instances as there’s an AoE effect around the impact point. 

The easiest way to describe this is to ask you to imagine if the Astilla had punch through - and, instead of the shells only shattering on hard surfaces, there was only an AoE effect on the first thing they impacted. Then, the shell would go on its merry way, overpenetrating enemies but not shattering again.  Also, it's multiple projectiles that do this.

This effect, by the way, would not be affected by punch-through. Punch through merely determines how many enemies are overpenetrated after the initial explosion.  It sounds weird and I guess it is weird.

The reason that both fire modes have these odd attributes is simple. I figured people weren’t going to have much build freedom with something like this, and I thought it’d be funny to have some bleedover from mode to mode. A status build will give pump mode a lot of fun status shenanigans, and a crit build will cause some fun crit shenanigans with pump-action fire.

P.S: Don’t worry, pump mode does not have self-damage. I’m not a monster.

P.S.S: The ideal riven for this would be a Hexacron, or something similar with critical and status attributes.

Stats:

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing when it comes to these stats. If this turns out to invalidate something… then stop me. Please. I will listen.

Shared:
    Trigger: Semi
    magazine - 7
    Reserve Ammo - 100
    Pellets - 7
    Reload - 2.6s

Semi
    Fire Rate: 3.2
    Damage: 465
            Slash: 221
            Radiation: 122
            Impact: 84
            Puncture: 37 
    Crit Chance: 13%
    Crit Multiplier: 3.2x
    Status Chance: 30%
    Damage Falloff:
            Max Damage up to 14m
            Min Damage at 28m
            40% Max Reduction

Pump
        Fire Rate: 1.15
        Damage: 519
            Puncture: 243
            Radiation: 171
            Slash: 83
            Impact: 22
        Crit Multiplier: 2.6x
        Status Chance: 16%
        Damage Falloff:
            Max Damage up to 19m
            Min Damage at 38m
            60% Max Reduction
        Blast Radius (per pellet) - 1 meter (Yeah, don't add firestorm)

Build Requirements
        x1 Dark Sword (Used for much of the metal, the barrel.)
        x35 Goethium Alloy (Used for mechanical parts such as the bolt)
        x10 Entroplasma (Used for self-repair, maintenance of systems)
        1600 Kuva (God only knows what this is for)

Artist Notes: 

I don’t remember why, but I just really liked the idea of a shotgun inspired by the Dark Sword and worked from there.

And yes, it’s another flechette shotgun! What can I say? I like flechette. There’s just something funny to me about a shotgun firing a bunch of tiny fin-stabilized needles. 

This…. was very, very hard to balance. I know, I may not be the right good to talk balance, seeing as I’ve made more than a few guns with outside-the-box stats (The Depezador has some pretty silly crit potential, the Vlcak has a damage profile far outside the box, and the Estampida… exists) but I like to make an effort. And this… was super difficult.

I wonder if this actually qualifies as a Hybrid Gun? I mean, it has 2 firing modes that use two different operation modes, but they’re both semiauto…

Also, surprisingly, it turns out I colored this well enough I don't need the sketchpag below! Check it out.

Bidanian theists?

Statistical crunch;

Magazine Size compares equally to the ol Goon.

Pellet count lacks an easy statistic to review.

Reload-Speed is functional.

Semi-Auto mode's fire-rate is roughly equivilant to the Kohm's strangely.

Damage is greater then the Strun Wraith, but less then the Hek.

Critical Chance is slightly lower then the Sancti Tigris.

Critical Damage is . . . excessive, for sure, going .4 above any previous shotguns

Status is clean and on point.

For the second set of stats:

Fire rate is only slightly greater then the plasmor and slightly lower then the corinth.

Damage is only slightly lower then the Hek.

Slightly greater critical chance then the corinth, but only slightly slow.

Critical Damage is high, but functional.

And the status chance is the PINNACLE of average.

(Forgive me for the significant delay, currently coming apart on all accounts due to a variety of existential crises, health issues, busy work, and lack of busy work.)

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Bidanian theists?

SOON™.

They're one of the religious groups you can find on Ganymede. They were a religious group  that suffered  insanely greatly under the Orokin (in fact, they were often subjected to the Cephalon process) so eventually they staged a mass exodus for the far-off asteroid Bidan, (Or, in astronomy terms, 2012 VP. No, seriously.) outside the solar system.

Somehow, they survived the Sentients. 

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Semi-Auto mode's fire-rate is roughly equivilant to the Kohm's strangely.

...That's very bizarre. Huh.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Damage is greater then the Strun Wraith, but less then the Hek.

It was very hard to stat. In the end, I sort of statted based on damage related to magazine size. Making it even harder, well, I had to do it twice.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Critical Damage is . . . excessive, for sure, going .4 above any previous shotguns

I did it as a joke 😛 I figured that with the crit chance so slow in status mode, and with people already slapping Primed Ravage on it, it'd be funny to see how that interacted with a slash-focused status gun.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Status is clean and on point.

I had a bad feeling about giving this above 30%.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Fire rate is only slightly greater then the plasmor and slightly lower then the corinth.

That's exactly what I was going for! It's meant to be sort of a mid-road between them both.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Damage is only slightly lower then the Hek.

I figured it was for the best that way. I didn't want this to just outclass the Hek, damage wise, and I figured that the crit multiplier I was going for here only made sense. Plus, the slightly more crowd control-ish slant should do a good job of distinguishing it.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

And the status chance is the PINNACLE of average.

The key was to make it as hard as possible to have maximum status in pump-action fire. 😛 (It was tempting and all, but that just wasn't my vision. Ya dig?)

Also I probably should've mentioned this earlier, but the exploding pellets do 60% of the base damage radially, and 40% of it on impact.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

(Forgive me for the significant delay, currently coming apart on all accounts due to a variety of existential crises, health issues, busy work, and lack of busy work.)

Don't even trip, dawg. It be like that sometimes. Apologies if this came across as me strongarming you into anything.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

SOON™.

They're one of the religious groups you can find on Ganymede. They were a religious group  that suffered  insanely greatly under the Orokin (in fact, they were often subjected to the Cephalon process) so eventually they staged a mass exodus for the far-off asteroid Bidan, (Or, in astronomy terms, 2012 VP. No, seriously.) outside the solar system.

Somehow, they survived the Sentients. 

...That's very bizarre. Huh.

It was very hard to stat. In the end, I sort of statted based on damage related to magazine size. Making it even harder, well, I had to do it twice.

I did it as a joke 😛 I figured that with the crit chance so slow in status mode, and with people already slapping Primed Ravage on it, it'd be funny to see how that interacted with a slash-focused status gun.

I had a bad feeling about giving this above 30%.

That's exactly what I was going for! It's meant to be sort of a mid-road between them both.

I figured it was for the best that way. I didn't want this to just outclass the Hek, damage wise, and I figured that the crit multiplier I was going for here only made sense. Plus, the slightly more crowd control-ish slant should do a good job of distinguishing it.

The key was to make it as hard as possible to have maximum status in pump-action fire. 😛 (It was tempting and all, but that just wasn't my vision. Ya dig?)

Also I probably should've mentioned this earlier, but the exploding pellets do 60% of the base damage radially, and 40% of it on impact.

Don't even trip, dawg. It be like that sometimes. Apologies if this came across as me strongarming you into anything.

So, with that name, do they essentially just "beleive in the existence of Gods"?

What? BAH! You did nothing more then ask, I simply had trouble resumeing my oath-bound duties.

Edited by Unus

19 minutes ago, Unus said:

So, with that name, do they essentially just "beleive in the existence of Gods"?

Yep! They believed something was more powerful, more important, and more worthy of worship than the Orokin. Naturally, the Orokin didn't take this well.

While they didn't like the Sentients, various extremist Bidanians (those that hadn't sealed themselves in planetside arcology-vaults or other places) wholeheartedly embraced letting the Orokin fall. Come Ganymede's main quest, they're one of the vanishingly few factions that won't judge the Tenno for the Bad Thing they did. They won't even consider it a Bad Thing, they'll be like "False gods! Idolators who worshiped the depths of their own pockets! The Origin System is better without them."

The specifics of their religion, though... I haven't figured it out, but I'm going to try and include some Abrahamic influences in it. I don't know which ones, specifically.

Also: The "Old Lokites?" They're meant to be ancestors of New Loka who suffered rather similar persecution.

19 minutes ago, Unus said:

What? BAH! You did nothing more then ask, I simply had trouble resumeing my oath-bound duties.

Well, in that case, I'm very appreciative!

Tenno 'Naga' Gas-Seal Revolver

tenno__naga__hunting_revolver_by_haruaxe

“Prey on their fear, move like an animal, and feel the kill with the gas-seal Naga revolver. Pace your fire rate for precise, silent shots, or fire rapidly to clear entire rooms.

STATS
Damage - 128
        Impact - 24
        Slash -  48
        Puncture - 56

Crit Chance - 32%
Crit multiplier - 2.8x
Status Chance - 18%
Headshot Multiplier:
         Unscoped: 3.6x
         Scoped: 4.2x
Capacity - 7
Reload Time - 2.1s
Fire Rate - 2.6
Trigger - Semi

Silenced Shots

Damage -  
        Impact - 160
        Impact - 30
        Slash -  60
        Puncture - 70

Crit Chance - 32%
Crit multiplier - 2.8x
Status Chance - 46%
Headshot Multiplier:
         Unscoped: 3.6x
         Scoped: 4.2x

special mechanics

Integral Suppressor - Waiting 0.8 seconds between shots while aiming will silence the next shot fired. This is represented by a charge-like icon within the reticle. Silenced shots have 48% status chance.
   (NOTE: This is not affected by Lethal Torrent. It just didn’t work. More on that later in artist notes)

Headshot Bonus: +20% headshot damage (in addition to the 2x headshot multiplier) when unscoped.
Hunter’s Grip - Turns you invisible on stealth kills and headshot kills.
Hunter’s Scope - Scope in by pressing altfire for increased headshot damage!

LORE

The Naga was meant to combine the old-fashioned sensibilities of the Orokin, the need for high stopping power of the Tenno, and the growing usage of Tenno as silent assassins into one handcannon.

The result was the Naga Gas-seal Hunting Revolver. A powerful, heavy handgun the size of a small rifle, with an integral scope. Orokin arms research had rediscovered the fact that a fixed-cylinder revolver was capable of chambering the most powerful rounds, and somehow, the archimedians tasked with designing it came to the conclusion that the next logical step was to make a revolver that took itself apart, becoming a fixed-cylinder revolver. As such, the Naga comes with a reload that beggars belief, described below.

1. The metal pieces that hold the cylinder in place from the outside move backwards and forwards.
  2. The top of the revolver connecting the rear sight to the piece between barrel and cylinder moves upward.
  3. The user lets the spent cylinder fall out, and places a new one. The cylinder then uses an advanced Orokin something-or-other to align the closest chamber with the barrel.

It’s sort of like this. 

The Naga actually has more base damage than the Pandero because it has a longer barrel, and because it’s gas-seal like the Nagant revolver. For those of you who don’t know, gas seal revolvers cam the cylinder forward upon firing, closing the gap between cylinder and barrel. This allows you to silence a Nagant.

In that era towards the end of the war just before the Tenno “won,” where the fate of the Orokin Empire was uncertain, the Naga was well-known for silently eliminating entire strongholds, taking out guards while kidnapping the “young and exotic” for Yuvan, and culling the ranks of the early proto-corpus “Industrialists” that the Orokin grew to despise.

A legend from the Jovian system claims that one Tenno used this pistol to end a Jovian war of secession before it could even begin. (“Jovian” means “Jupiter”)

ARTIST NOTES

One thing I’ve always liked about Warframe is the way all their weapons have such unique silhouettes. You don’t have like three guns that all have the same M4-ish silhouette, you have a bunch of weapons you can almost instantly understand as being from one faction. And no two revolvers look alike. The Pandero and Magnus have particularly weird silhouettes for revolvers, for example.

And a lot of mine have looked… fairly normal. This is another one in that same trend. But - in my defense - I really wanted something that looked like a giant peacemaker with a scope. And I got one! Which is funny, because this is actually much more inspired by the Nagant.

Speaking of the Nagant and the fact that it can be silenced, I tried to make “Integral suppressor” work with lethal torrent, but either a) it was too breakable and would remove a unique mechanic, b), nobody would be able to enjoy it when they didn’t have enough mod space, or c) all of the above. While I don’t like having a totally unchangeable stat of a weapon, that’s nothing compared to how much I don’t like people being unable to enjoy a weapon without “investing” in it, so to speak. I want people to know before they get to rank 30 whether or not they like something. Which, funnily enough, is probably why it’s not so bad that my art computer got borked again. I didn’t want to do this just yet, I was hoping to pace myself out and do some more exotic stuff before returning to a Tenno pistol, but, my extremely accident-prone art computer just conked out. Thankfully, I’d been sitting on a finished design, so I might as well.

Of course, if they just Hydron it and don’t truly spend enough time with it, that’s not my fault.

The other main inspirations, by the way, were the B3 Wingman and its absurdly bizarre reload... and Doldren's KLT-13 revolver from Spacelords. The purple pistol grip was added as an homage to that.

On a final note, I have no idea how the hammer works. It’s definitely not side-mounted hammers, though. That would be silly.

COMPARISONS

I’ve made a large amount of revolvers so far. So here’s how I imagine this compared to the various relevant handcannons of Warframe.

Fanmade

Depezador Prime - The Depezador Prime is capable of ridiculous crit if you use it strategically, or just play Frost. (I did design it after my playstyle!) With the basic crit mods, it’s capable of - and I did the math on this - 8.85x critical damage, but only if you don’t miss and/or get headshots 5 times in a row. Meanwhile, with no combo mechanic at all, the Naga is capable of 6.1x critical damage with the same mods, excluding the headshot damage part. (That may have been a bad idea) But it has to be scoped for said crit potential.

The Naga is better at long-range and requires less finesse, but it doesn’t have the same absurd crit possibility because of it. Also, it’s more stealthy!

(Also, fun fact - body shots with the Depezador Prime don’t remove anything from its critical damage buildup, but they don’t add anything either. And I buffed the fire rate on the Depezador Prime to 4.4 to frustrate more spammy players, myself included. I did this because it was funny. The stuff you learn!)

Estampida - The Estampida requires far less finesse than the Naga, which is its own advantage in a way. It’s simple, brutal, and has brutally high status. It’s absolutely better with crowds.

Bellatrix - this… may or may not count… but I balanced it precisely so it could stand between the Pandero and Akvasto Prime. This fires (literally) as fast as you can pull the trigger, it’s more controllable, and has more status. Also it has better crit chance. It requires a lot less timing, but this is at the expense of lower damage.

Canon (Cannon? :P)

Aklex Prime - the Aklex Prime is better in every way, save for recoil, reload time, stealth, lack of a scope, and probably some other things.

Pandero - Has better burst damage. And it’s the Pandero.

• Like 1

Naga Part 2: Behind The Scenes

1892patent2.jpg

(Diagram of gas-seal mechanism in action)

image-98-660x326.jpeg

(the Nagant that inspired most of this)

14520_1.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

(Silhouette-wise, this is sort of what I was going for. This is not photoshop, it really is that big)

DWUqjvTU8AAEz1d.jpg:large

(The KLT-13, the revolver that inspired the mechanics here.)

Looks pretty interesting.

I don't know why, but something about the combination of "silenced stealth weapon for Tenno while they're going FULL NINJA" and "giant version of that gun from all the western movies" just felt so perfectly Warframe to me.

I blame mesa. 😛

Also thank you!