Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

UPDORTS:

Judicium Prime pistol mag size buffed from 10 to 12.
Why? Because it was more fun this way.  It was also important it didn't hold 14 (and thus 7 bursts) like my Twinhammer build from Fireteam - this is meant to be the Heavier Burst Pistol, as compared to even the Kuva Kraken.

On 2022-02-24 at 5:24 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Judicium Prime' Heavy Burst Pistol

“A custom build of the Lex Prime from Haruka Lorne, rebuilt for two-round burst and featuring necked-down ammunition that has more in common with rifle rounds than pistol rounds. While it doesn’t leave holes the same size as a Lex Prime, it boasts excellent critical stats and penetration.”

Special Traits: Tap Altfire for Increased Zoom!

df0mq0i-f32b37dd-60a9-447b-a73b-f43d5a3d

STATS

•  
  • Trigger: Semi
  • Reload: 2s
  • Magazine: 12
  • Recoil: Medium?*
  • Damage: 100
    • 69 Puncture (nice)
    • 19 Impact
    • 12 Slash
  • Burst Delay: 0.076
  • Burst Rate: 3**
  • Burst Count: 2
  • Critical Chance: 32%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.1x
  • Headshot Multiplier: 3.6x
  • Status Chance: 20%
  • Punch-Through: 1m

Artist Notes

This is meant to be difficult but satisfying. Because of the headshot damage and burstfire, you will not be able to hit super consistent headshots that one-hit everything.

I first decided to shoop this into existence after looking at Peacemaker’s pistol in, well… Peacemaker. Originally, this was just going to be a slightly adjusted Lex Prime, but the longer I went with that, the less I really felt like that made sense.  This is a game where we can have such bizarre pistols as the Hystrix, Sepulcrum, various pocket rocket launchers, shotgun pistols, automatic pistols, automatic shotgun pistols, and something like the Pandero that empties the entire magazine in one tap of the altfire key.

Making a weapon that felt like the Lex Prime but infinitesimally adjusted… I didn’t think I’d enjoy it. And because I use myself as a barometer for the average player this thread appeals to, I assume nobody else would. 

Which sounds silly, but think of it from my perspective - I don’t know who would take a pistol that looks and feels identical to a Lex Prime and say “this is a new favorite.”

So now it’s two-round burst. Because a burstfire Lex is interesting, at least. Part of me was like “but didn’t the Kraken do this?” but then I was all like “Ehhhh, who cares about the vanilla Kraken.”

In terms of performance, this takes a lot of inspiration from my Twinhammer build in Aliens Fireteam. It’s also probably weirdly similar to a single version of the Akjagara, which… is unexpected, but whatev! As mentioned in some of the footnotes, it was originally going to have 2.65x headshot damage, but this didn’t sound like a good idea.

The lore is also inspired by some of the stranger things I’ve seen people do with 1911s, along with the Automag III and that pistol from Terminator 1. I could do the thing with the trigger guard at some point, but… two issues with that. One, it wouldn’t be noticeable in third-person. Two, I’d probably need to do a lot of silly things to make it feel relevant, and I’ve probably done enough relatively normal semiautos fed through the pistol grip.

(I think I’m at about five by now…)

You think it’s hard for me to keep revolvers interesting? Yeesh! 

Next one is going to be Grineer, Infested, or Corpus. The thought occurs that I’ve been neglecting them for the sake of drawing Tenno guns and making my own factions with blackjack and hookers. Which is fair, drawing Tenno guns is fun AF, but everyone likes getting to use some enemy firearms.

What's next?

The next gun will either be this corpus autoshotty (I ripped some stuff off from Infinite Warfare. I will not apologize)...

ORor it'll be another gun from one of my homebrew factions. I mostly want to work with Warframe's lore, and I prefer all the unique weaponry I make to fit WF's established aesthetics. Otherwise I'd just add in a completely unmodified Jericho 941 or  something, and that's probably not a good idea.

BUT:

I was just coming down from some anesthesia and came up with a concept so stupid, so perfectly Warframe, that I couldn't resist. So maybe that'll be next, maybe it won't.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I was just coming down from some anesthesia and came up with a concept so stupid, so perfectly Warframe, that I couldn't resist. So maybe that'll be next, maybe it won't.

I vote for this one.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

What's next?

The next gun will either be this corpus autoshotty (I ripped some stuff off from Infinite Warfare. I will not apologize)...

Though this also looks pretty nice, I don't think we have a corpus auto-shotgun yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

PSA about the next gun that gets posted: I was coming down from some anesthesia and not in my right mind when I had the idea, which should probably explain a lot.

Does it date back to the time of the Great Ski Crash?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

PSA about the next gun that gets posted: I was coming down from some anesthesia and not in my right mind when I had the idea, which should probably explain a lot.

Understandable, I hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly!

• Like 2

The damage multiplier for shooting the Harken's weakpoints is now 20%.

On 2022-09-21 at 2:52 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Harken' Sniper Rifle (the RE-STATTING)
"Seek the weakest points of your enemies with the Harken, or use it to create new ones.”
--Codex

Special traits:
Penetrator Rounds: creates weakpoints on hit. Shooting these weakpoints increases damage by 20%*.
Brainstormer: Headshot kills cause enemies to explode.
Smart Scope: Highlights enemies while scoped in. Comes with backup 1x zoom for use at short-medium range.

dcnq0hs-32fb7010-4e96-45f1-94eb-8cff3c71

LORE

Sniper rifles are designed with the principle of ‘one shot, one kill’ in mind. The Harken is a bullpup bolt-action designed for targets that’ll take more than one shot from a sniper. According to Martialis Armory, who pioneered the design, the Harken was designed for use against Sentients in particular, built to crack their armor from afar for Tenno and Grineer fighters. 

Hits from this weapon create weakpoints at the point of impact, not dissimilar to those created by Banshee. Firing on these weak points deals bonus damage. In addition, data on these weak points (and enemies) is relayed to allied Tenno through the use of its smart scope.

This scope has so many functions that the gun earned the nickname of a scope with a gun attached. It highlights enemies for nearby Tenno, and does so many calculations that Ten, Dax, and Zero-techs alike also joked that it had its own brain, and openly wondered if each rifle had its own cephalon. While the last part was untrue, the first part was… probably untrue. Hopefully.

It’s fed from a 12-round magazine in the stock, loaded in a manner not dissimilar to a conventional bullpup.

Despite its more anti-materiel rifle mechanics, the Harken can work surprisingly well as a battle rifle. It has controllable hip fire and backup holo-dot sights installed atop the smart scope, allowing Tenno to use it in a manner similar to the Latron rifle.

This was unintentional, but as it kept the rifle used more often than other Tenno sniper rifles, the designers at Martialis kept shtum on it.

Just as they kept shtum on the rifle’s… less salubrious uses. In addition to use against Sentient armor, it was often used against “heavy” armor utilized by anti-Orokin insurrectionists. Particularly, it was used against the Iapetan Corpus-funded rebels that would eventually become the Kraton of Iapetus.

According to these early rebels, the rifle’s bullets were primarily composed of nanomachine colonies, which spread through armor plating and flesh like root systems of trees and violently self-destructed upon bullet impacts. To the credit of the Orokin, it didn’t use technocyte to do this. 

Many members of the Kraton** would later reverse-engineer the nanites, or pass on the nanomachines to their sons.

STATS: 

Trigger: Semi

Fire Rate: 1.8

Noise Level: Alarming

Reload: 2.5s

Magazine Size: 12

Min. Combo: 2 shots

Combo Decay: 4s

Damage: 240

110 Slash
75 Puncture
55 Impact

Status Chance: 26%

Critical Chance: 32%

Critical Multiplier: 2.4x

Punch Through: 2m

Zoom Levels:

1x - Basic, non-sniper, non-scoped zoom. +25% headshot multiplier.

3x: + 25% critical chance, +25% headshot multiplier

5x: + 50% critical chance, +50% headshot multiplier

explosion:

Damage: 320

180 Slash
100 Impact
40 Blast

Status Chance: 45%

Critical Chance: 30%

Critical Multiplier: 2.4x

Artist Notes:

Consider this a filler episode of a sort before the next gun gets released. This is a bit of a weird thing for me considering I’m not revamping the artwork… much. But, well, it was pretty good at the time, and I don’t think I need to change that much. It was good enough to get a hundred faves at the time, and this art doesn’t deserve a revamp as frighteningly badly as the old Estampida did.

The same things said about the last one still apply. The scope is still inspired by Trackingpoint, and this is still inspired by the Thorneycroft Carbine and Edrio and Benthic's rifles from Star Wars. Though admittedly, I went a little more in-depth on the scope.

This is, much like the Dzida from awhile back, meant to be a sniper rifle you can feel like you'd take into general missions. Sniper rifles in WF occupy a tinier niche than one of those buildings at Wizarding World Orlando that are so tiny that they're inaccessible to people in wheelchairs. By their nature, they're great at taking out individual enemies... which isn't very useful with the number of enemies WF throws at you. This tends to catch us with our pants down when we're pitted up against rare enemies that genuinely do need sniper-level damage to hit. So this verges into battle rifle territory by having 12 rounds (that's plenty of margin of error, right? If I give it twenty, then it'll feel more like a FAL from Black Ops) and having a regular old 1x zoom mode that lets you scope out, get a less cramped view and some decent shots at this game's typical engagement range.

The explosion is meant to help with that by rewarding good shooting above all.

OTHER NOTES:
Also, on an unrelated note, I'm gonna be fiddling around with the Euston and Avakan's headshot multipliers - change the Euston's to 3.75x and the Avakan's to 3.3x. The Avakan already has pretty high damage for an assault rifle, I don't need to give it that much damage. Also, the Haoma's fire rate has been buffed to 11.25 to make it less controllable. 

(This is sort of a joke but not really - the Haoma was always intended to be a sort of headshot/bullethose hybrid, and making it a little less controllable helps balance it more.)

*Note: This isn't going on any other weaponry. It's too breakable.
**SOON (tm)

• Like 2

Solaris/Pyrite Hand 'Rollthunder' Launcher

“A bootlegged Amp created by the Pyrite Hand hackerpunk Mad Spoon. Instead of attaching to a Tenno forearm and focusing their killing intent and Void resonance, the Rollthunder absorbs ambient void energy and focuses it using engrammatic brainwave patterns from moments of intense rage, releasing a three-round burst of Void explosives.”

--Codex

Special Traits

Enemies caught in the blast radius take 4% increased damage from all sources. This stacks 3 times for a total of 12% increased damage.

Can remove one Sentient damage resistance bar.

solaris_pyrite_hand__rollthunder__launch

Lore

An arcane weapon blending Solaris and Sentient technology, simulating the behavior of an Amp. It was designed close to the New War period by the Pyrite Hand hackerpunk Mad Spoon, a contributor to various resistance groups all over the Origin System who earned a name for themselves creating both easily printed designs that could be built on any Foundry without tripping alarms... before quickly moving to strange, bizarre devices that rivaled Warframes in terms of power and oddity. This prompted Mad Spoon to soon claim they had control of “magic.” It was seen as bragging…

…until they created the Rollthunder. 

Those who plied their trades within the same circles as Mad Spoon found themselves forced to question whether or not it was bragging.

The creation, as Mad Spoon explained, dated back to when they had the privilege of watching an Eidolon Hunt. They were fascinated by the unique Amps they saw in action. They couldn’t get it to work, though, and upon hearing that Amps focused killing intent, this was their solution.

Using Corpus brain-mapping technologies based in part on the principles behind Cephalon Glass, Mad Spoon paid various Solaris to hook electrodes to their brains. This would map their greatest angers and record that information on a computer… which would then form the closest thing to a “receiver” on the Rollthunder. 

(Mad Spoon had considered using animal brains or human brains instead, but that seemed too difficult to source and also definitely unethical.)

The Rollthunder then uses these copied human brainwaves to channel and focus ambient Void energy through a Granmu Prism. The Prism then turns the void energy and killing intent inherent in the brainwaves into radioactive explosive void projectiles, which are launched towards unsuspecting enemies.

The void radiation causes enemies within
 the blast radius to take increased damage from all sources, and weakens armor. For some reason, examinations of corpes afflicted by the projectiles were found to have smooth holes bored through their armor with no explanation. 

The result is a bizarre “firearm” (if you can call it that) that can be easily disassembled, and is easy to pass off as Old War Salvage or trinkets from Cetus, and has few hallmarks of firearms. Simply put, officials of most jurisdictions - be it Corpus, Grineer, Ganymede, the SIF, or the Oeizu Fleet - will easily let it through security, as they’ll have no ability to recognize it as a firearm.

The weapon is not, in fact, reloaded with data slugs containing engrammatic rage. It’s just batteries. A strange note is that part of the reload process involves creating copies of the original brainwaves and transferring them into the Rollthunder’s backup storage space, ensuring that it always has a supply of data to use as ammunition.

The Quills do not like it, considering it an abomination against the art of Amp-crafting, and Narmer Veiled react to it with nothing short of complete disgust. The former allow it, however, and so it must not be too irredeemable by the lofty standards of the Quills.

Due to the relative rarity and difficulty in acquiring or building this weapon, it’s rare among Solaris United, Level Dawn, and Pyrite Hand sabotage teams. When one is brought out, it’s typically used against “superheavy” targets such as Orbs or Raknoids, along with Corpus and/or Grineer tanks and heavy armor. 

During the New War and Narmer Rebellions, the Rollthunder was worth its weight in platinum against the Sentient Adaptation technologies common amongst Narmer forces. It’s still used today, particularly by Solaris “Fremade” who live in forgotten needleworlds and wheelworlds of the Origin System and enforce their freedom with a barrage of projectiles from this firearm.

Incidentally, being afflicted with the damage amplification effect of the Rollthunder really, really hurts.

Mad Spoon later went on to create ever more bizarre devices during the Narmer War, proclaiming they would “Hack the world!” before seemingly vanishing entirely just before the Sunfall that spelled the virtual doom of Narmer. Still, every now and then, the Solaris, Level Dawn, Red Veil, Steel Meridian, and Pyrite Hand receive data packets (and sometimes physical packages) with Mad Spoon's signature...

Stats

Trigger: Burst

Burst Rate: 8

Burst Count: 3

Burst Delay: 0.3

Mag size: 15

Reload time: 3s

On Impact:

Damage: 40 

20 Electric

20 Impact

Critical Chance: 12%

Critical Multiplier: 2.2x

Status Chance: 39%

Projectile Type: non-hitscan

Radial

Damage: 300

140 Radiation

90 Slash

70 Puncture 

Blast Radius: 6m

Damage Falloff: 100% damage at 0m

30% damage at 4m

Projectile Type: explosion

Artist Notes:
I was coming down from some anesthesia when I came up with this and my body was shaking like a leaf. Which probably explains a lot.

Anyway. The idea for this partly came from some lore for Amps (how they ‘focus killing intent’ into energy) and the anime Eighty-Six (various Legion machines copy brainwaves from captured humans as processors). So I was like “hey, why not combine these two?”

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Solaris/Pyrite Hand 'Rollthunder' Launcher

“A bootlegged Amp created by the Pyrite Hand hackerpunk Mad Spoon. Instead of attaching to a Tenno forearm and focusing their killing intent and Void resonance, the Rollthunder absorbs ambient void energy and focuses it using engrammatic brainwave patterns from moments of intense rage, releasing a three-round burst of Void explosives.”

--Codex

Special Traits

Enemies caught in the blast radius take 4% increased damage from all sources. This stacks 3 times for a total of 12% increased damage.

Can remove one Sentient damage resistance bar.

solaris_pyrite_hand__rollthunder__launch

Lore

An arcane weapon blending Solaris and Sentient technology, simulating the behavior of an Amp. It was designed close to the New War period by the Pyrite Hand hackerpunk Mad Spoon, a contributor to various resistance groups all over the Origin System who earned a name for themselves creating both easily printed designs that could be built on any Foundry without tripping alarms... before quickly moving to strange, bizarre devices that rivaled Warframes in terms of power and oddity. This prompted Mad Spoon to soon claim they had control of “magic.” It was seen as bragging…

Those who plied their trades within the same circles as Mad Spoon found themselves forced to question whether or not it was bragging.

The creation, as Mad Spoon explained, dated back to when they had the privilege of watching an Eidolon Hunt. They were fascinated by the unique Amps they saw in action. They couldn’t get it to work, though, and upon hearing that Amps focused killing intent, this was their solution.

Using Corpus brain-mapping technologies based in part on the principles behind Cephalon Glass, Mad Spoon paid various Solaris to hook electrodes to their brains. This would map their greatest angers and record that information on a computer… which would then form the closest thing to a “receiver” on the Rollthunder. 

(Mad Spoon had considered using animal brains or human brains instead, but that seemed too difficult to source and also definitely unethical.)

The Rollthunder then uses these copied human brainwaves to channel and focus ambient Void energy through a Granmu Prism. The Prism then turns the void energy and killing intent inherent in the brainwaves into radioactive explosive void projectiles, which are launched towards unsuspecting enemies.

The void radiation causes enemies within
 the blast radius to take increased damage from all sources, and weakens armor. For some reason, examinations of corpes afflicted by the projectiles were found to have smooth holes bored through their armor with no explanation. 

The result is a bizarre “firearm” (if you can call it that) that can be easily disassembled, and is easy to pass off as Old War Salvage or trinkets from Cetus, and has few hallmarks of firearms. Simply put, officials of most jurisdictions - be it Corpus, Grineer, Ganymede, the SIF, or the Oeizu Fleet - will easily let it through security, as they’ll have no ability to recognize it as a firearm.

The weapon is not, in fact, reloaded with data slugs containing engrammatic rage. It’s just batteries. A strange note is that part of the reload process involves creating copies of the original brainwaves and transferring them into the Rollthunder’s backup storage space, ensuring that it always has a supply of data to use as ammunition.

The Quills do not like it, considering it an abomination against the art of Amp-crafting, and Narmer Veiled react to it with nothing short of complete disgust. The former allow it, however, and so it must not be too irredeemable by the lofty standards of the Quills.

Due to the relative rarity and difficulty in acquiring or building this weapon, it’s rare among Solaris United, Level Dawn, and Pyrite Hand sabotage teams. When one is brought out, it’s typically used against “superheavy” targets such as Orbs or Raknoids, along with Corpus and/or Grineer tanks and heavy armor. 

During the New War and Narmer Rebellions, the Rollthunder was worth its weight in platinum against the Sentient Adaptation technologies common amongst Narmer forces. It’s still used today, particularly by Solaris “Fremade” who live in forgotten needleworlds and wheelworlds of the Origin System and enforce their freedom with a barrage of projectiles from this firearm.

Incidentally, being afflicted with the damage amplification effect of the Rollthunder really, really hurts.

Mad Spoon later went on to create ever more bizarre devices during the Narmer War, proclaiming they would “Hack the world!” before seemingly vanishing entirely just before the Sunfall that spelled the virtual doom of Narmer. Still, every now and then, the Solaris, Level Dawn, Red Veil, Steel Meridian, and Pyrite Hand

Stats

On Impact:

20 Electric

20 Impact

Radial

140 Radiation

90 Slash

70 Puncture 

30% damage at 4m

Artist Notes:
I was coming down from some anesthesia when I came up with this and my body was shaking like a leaf. Which probably explains a lot.

Anyway. The idea for this partly came from some lore for Amps (how they ‘focus killing intent’ into energy) and the anime Eighty-Six (various Legion machines copy brainwaves from captured humans as processors). So I was like “hey, why not combine these two?”

I see what you mean when you said this one was created when coming down from anesthesia. It still sounds really fun and I'd love to use it. I have a bit of a soft spot for burstfire weapons. Especially one that shoot weird explosive void projectiles.

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I really like the implications here.  This is super creative.

Mad Spoon later went on to create ever more bizarre devices during the Narmer War, proclaiming they would “Hack the world!” before seemingly vanishing entirely just before the Sunfall that spelled the virtual doom of Narmer. Still, every now and then, the Solaris, Level Dawn, Red Veil, Steel Meridian, and Pyrite Hand

Mad Spoon is a legend.

Stats

On Impact:

20 Electric

20 Impact

Radial

140 Radiation

90 Slash

70 Puncture 

30% damage at 4m

Seems about level with the tombfinger primary, but with burst fire. I'm okay with this.

Artist Notes:

It's a shame about the circumstances that brought about this stroke of genius, only I'm glad that you're feeling better now.

Hey, fellow 86 enjoyer! Looking forward to season 3?

Overall, this makes me want to think about the weapons manufacturers of the Origin System. Rebecca said last night on stream that Warframe has no soul, so lets fix that.

I look forward to the future exploits of Haruka Lorne, Mad Spoon and the rest of your motley crew!

15 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

I really like the implications here.  This is super creative.

On 2022-10-28 at 1:57 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Which implications do you mean, by the way? :P

Also thanks SO MUCH

Mad Spoon is a legend.

On 2022-10-28 at 1:57 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

They're inspired by Spoon from the podcast Edict Zero FIS, who (similarly) is a hacker that has an ability to almost warp reality. Except they're... ah.... okay, I can't really explain Edict Zero FIS without spoiling the thing that makes it super distinct.

Seems about level with the tombfinger primary, but with burst fire. I'm okay with this.

That's a relief! Originally, it was a total of 30% bonus damage for enemies caught in the blast radius, but that just.... I dunno, it seemed too breakable.

Hey, fellow 86 enjoyer! Looking forward to season 3?

HELL YES I AM

It's kinda funny to me tbh. 86 started out kinda Attack on Titan-like (much less shamelessly than Seraph of the End, though, and I respect that) and it turned into an entirely different kind of show come season 2 where the writer could no longer kill off a member of the main cast every episode, and I thought "maybe I wouldn't like that"

But NOPE, it's still good! I like getting to see the Squad using their reginleifs to their full advantage. It really makes me feel like playing Titanfall 2 again, capturing the feeling that I'm watching a fairly normal machine get pushed far past its limits. I don't feel like I have that good a grasp on, say, Anju's character (every other member of the main 5 Eighty-Six feels like they get more development or characterization than her) but that's one of my only real complaints.

It's also just a pretty badass show in general.

Overall, this makes me want to think about the weapons manufacturers of the Origin System. Rebecca said last night on stream that Warframe has no soul, so lets fix that.

I can actually tell you a lot about the weapon manufacturers of the Origin System as they've appeared in my thread!

Tenno = Jakobs with the focus on high stopping power and archaic designs. Haruka's weaponry is probably closest to all the custom Jakobs designs we see from them, like the Rex.
Corpus = Maliwan+Tediore - on account of the cheap, boxy aesthetic and emphasis on offbeat energy weaponry.
Grineer = Vladof + Maliwan - essentially, Vladof's "cheap, reliable, Space AK" feeling combined with Maliwan's roundedness
Ganymede = Tediore + Dahl + Torgue - they're meant to feel MODERN and TACTICAL.... but as filtered through a head injury, and using really cheap plastics and materials. Not unlike Tediore. Also, all their guns are explosive. These are cheap, affordable, and explosive.
Dziewanna: Essentially, Hyperion + Tediore + CoV. They're very advanced, and very angular.... but they're quickly churned out by advanced, half-understood Foundries, and they have an overheat function just like the CoV.
Oeizu = Geez, this is actually kind of a tough one. They're more Fallout than anything, I guess.
SIF = Oh, geez, I haven't mentioned them in awhile. They're sort of Bandit-meets-Metro-Series. They have much more access to Grineer firearms and surplus, so the weapons they make are somewhat less janky on account of using actual firearm parts. Mostly.
Level Dawn = Bandit + Maliwan + Vladof: Most of what they make is homemade, and they have a similar revolutionary thrust as Vladof... it's just that most of their stuff is janky and built from existing components hammered together.
Pyrite Hand = ...Actually pretty much the same as Level Dawn, but their stuff is much more open-source. Think 3D-printed machine pistols and the like. I'm probably going to emphasize this latter part more.
The Kraton: I dunno. Most of their stuff is constructed by nanomachines. Also, they're.... long dead by the time of modern WF.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Which implications do you mean, by the way? :P

It means that transference of a sort has been rediscovered in a way that doesn't require someone to be void aligned to properly utilise it - or will do if Mad Spoon has more time to tinker. It could mean an entirely new arms race for the Origin System. You could have made it possible for us to have a genuine Gundam arc in Warframe. Grineer and Corpus Warframes on the table with no lore contrivances.

There could be a chance for lone colonies to have champions of their own flesh and blood going out there in repaired, reclaimed or kitbashed Warframes. Mad Spoon could overtake Darvo's place in the arms dealer space by not only selling his guns but whatever tech powers the Rollthunder. Not to mention that he probably made a killing literally and figuratively during the war.

The possibilities!

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

That's a relief! Originally, it was a total of 30% bonus damage for enemies caught in the blast radius, but that just.... I dunno, it seemed too breakable.

Given the kind of weapons out there this is almost pedestrian. You gave more consideration to balance than whoever designed the Aegrit. Those thrown weapons sure are fun, but they push the envelope on how much raw damage you can do per second beyond what even the Bramma can accomplish and they have Arcane Pistoleer support.

Edited by Teoarrk

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I can actually tell you a lot about the weapon manufacturers of the Origin System as they've appeared in my thread!

Tenno = Jakobs with the focus on high stopping power and archaic designs. Haruka's weaponry is probably closest to all the custom Jakobs designs we see from them, like the Rex.
Corpus = Maliwan+Tediore - on account of the cheap, boxy aesthetic and emphasis on offbeat energy weaponry.
Grineer = Vladof + Maliwan - essentially, Vladof's "cheap, reliable, Space AK" feeling combined with Maliwan's roundedness
Ganymede = Tediore + Dahl + Torgue - they're meant to feel MODERN and TACTICAL.... but as filtered through a head injury, and using really cheap plastics and materials. Not unlike Tediore. Also, all their guns are explosive. These are cheap, affordable, and EXPLOSIONS?
Dziewanna: Essentially, Hyperion + Tediore + CoV. They're very advanced, and very angular.... but they're quickly churned out by advanced, half-understood Foundries, and they have an overheat function just like the CoV.
Oeizu = Geez, this is actually kind of a tough one. They're more Fallout than anything, I guess.
SIF = Oh, geez, I haven't mentioned them in awhile. They're sort of Bandit-meets-Metro-Series. They have much more access to Grineer firearms and surplus, so the weapons they make are somewhat less janky on account of using actual firearm parts. Mostly.
Level Dawn = Bandit + Maliwan + Vladof: Most of what they make is homemade, and they have a similar revolutionary thrust as Vladof... it's just that most of their stuff is janky and built from existing components hammered together.
Pyrite Hand = ...Actually pretty much the same as Level Dawn, but their stuff is much more open-source. Think 3D-printed machine pistols and the like. I'm probably going to emphasize this latter part more.
The Kraton: I dunno. Most of their stuff is constructed by nanomachines. Also, they're.... long dead by the time of modern WF.

See, even though you can define them roughly in the design space of Borderlands companies, theres so much going on here. Maybe I should make a similar design map for all the different weapon keywords I'm introducing with the Technocyte Schism. 

Cult = Mundane weapons that slowly turn you into some kind of Infested. I really, really liked what you had going with Vilcor's secretly corrupting weapons.

Kurokk = Grineer weapons that have succumbed to Infestation. In some cases, unprecedented heights of capability out of mundane weaponry. Others will be more unpredictable and unstable than their normal counterparts.

Orphax = Think Lephantis. Task and purpose built Infested weapons, meat doing what metal otherwise would.

Rex = The Technocyte Schism is actually set before Deimos revealed itself, so only one or two examples will exist in the wild before the end of the series. Tyranid-like melee weapons.

Myconian = Imagine if a taxidermist made a weapon. Misshapen, with plenty of stiches and vials of oddly colored fluid slowly draining into these weapons as they fire.

Prestalist = Prime Infested weapons. Made with all the splendour of the height of the Orokin, with the plague barely hidden behind the trappings of elegance. Made for the Saffron Emperor and his war parties by the shuffling remains of his servants.

Spoiler

Because I'm a child, the mention of explosives has been changed to be more in line with Mr.Torgue's sentiments on the matter.

86 certainly surprised me. I came into it expecting a show I might have maybe watched 2 episodes of and then dropping off, but the way that it was as much a character study as a war show was very welcome. It also helped a lot that the battles were very hectic and pushed everyone to their limits. I'm also sure the characters will also get more fleshing out in future.

Edited by Teoarrk

7 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Myconian = Imagine if a taxidermist made a weapon. Misshapen, with plenty of stiches and vials of oddly colored fluid slowly draining into these weapons as they fire.

Oh yeah, I did something like that once! The magazine is a hypodermic needle you shove up the pistol grip. It's also built by the Mycona!

infested__hypodermis__machine_pistol_by_

Cult = Mundane weapons that slowly turn you into some kind of Infested. I really, really liked what you had going with Vilcor's secretly corrupting weapons.

I don't think I did that with Vilcor's weaponry. At least, I don't remember that. but I did toy with that idea before. Hold on...

On 2020-12-11 at 10:58 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Then, one day, someone received a Griner autocannon barrel that had worn out its rifling. And, they realized, quite suddenly, they could make a shotgun shell fit into said barrel. And then they decided to add three more barrels. The result was the Meatmaker.

This design of the rifle was later co-opted by Infested cultists into a weapon sold as a hybrid of simplistic engineering and advanced Tenno technology. But that’s another story.

The idea here was that the rifle would slowly meld with its user like in that one episode of The Outer Limits.

MV5BMzEzZjY0Y2ItYWMzMC00YjZhLWIwMjMtMzAxY2JhYWJjNDcwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODI0NDgwNjA@._V1_.jpg

Incidentally, that gun prop itself would work great as a visual reference for what you're thinking here.

The-Outer-Limits-Episode-The-Gun-1.jpg

I always wanted to import this into WF but I could never make it work.

Orphax = Think Lephantis. Task and purpose built Infested weapons, meat doing what metal otherwise would.

Like this?

Biotech v3- Organic tissue gun

8 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Given the kind of weapons out there this is almost pedestrian. You gave more consideration to balance than whoever designed the Aegrit. Those thrown weapons sure are fun, but they push the envelope on how much raw damage you can do per second beyond what even the Bramma can accomplish and they have Arcane Pistoleer support.

I... wow. That's high praise.

I actually do a lot of math when I make stuff weaponry, trying to ask myself "how much will this be after critical damage and [the must-have damage mod] with this bonus I've added?"

It gets funny when I have a gun that purposely does more on body shots than a more "precision" gun. Like... there's the Haoma as compared to the Euston. Both are meant to outdamage the Soma Prime for per-bullet damage, but the Soma Prime has hgiher spooled DPS. The Haoma is meant to outpace other guns as long as it's getting headshots, but I also can't let something just.... naturally be 100% better than its maximum damage on body shots.

Unless I give it some disadvantage like horizontal recoil or non-hitscan bullets.

• Like 1

stat update:
missing a shot with the Bellatrix now causes all stacks to vanish. Since I (maybe intentionally, maybe not. I don't remember) statted it so it's trivially easy to push this into 100% status and crit chance, this feels right.

On 2018-12-15 at 5:01 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno "Bellatrix Prime" Target Pistol

"This target pistol was created to familiarize Tenno, Dax soldiers, and Zero-techs with the new ballistic weapons they'd be using. Despite its stated role, it is deceptively powerful."

tenno__bellatrix_prime__target_pistol_by
stats
(DISCLAIMER: any stats will be changed as needed)
Damage: 74
     impact - 10
     puncture - 40
     slash - 24
magazine: 10
critical chance: 27%
critical multiplier: 2.2x
status chance: 27%
Accuracy: 90.9
Headshot Multiplier: 3.6x
Stability: Very High
Recoil: Very Low.
Fire Rate: 11
Reload: 2.0s
special traits
Pinpoint - Landing headshots increases critical chance and status chance additively by 15%, up to a maximum of 45%. Stacks take 3 seconds to decay. Missing a shot removes all stacks.
Zoom - tapping the altfire key allows you to zoom in.

Reveal hidden contents

77982e32fbb818e9b2b1b7ed65790be9.jpg

(If you're wondering, it's a Swiss "Sola" toggle-lock pistol chambered for .357 magnum. it's basically what an un-primed Bellatrix would look like, if I ever make one.)

Gonna take inspiration from this horrible, horrible thing when one of the more homebrew factions I've made (Level Dawn, Pyrite Hand, the SIF) make a "handcannon" type of pistol.

0523d27bff7b39b908a7407ba37898bd.jpg

Incidentally, here's a heads up to @Teoarrk, @Unus @Teridax68, and @BlackDiamondAce - if you need me to find visual references for a certain weapon idea, I can do it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I don't think I did that with Vilcor's weaponry. At least, I don't remember that. but I did toy with that idea before. Hold on...

The gun I was thinking of was the Pandemos.

Oh yeah, I did something like that once! The magazine is a hypodermic needle you shove up the pistol grip. It's also built by the Mycona!

infested__hypodermis__machine_pistol_by_

That is beautiful, went back and looked at the entry. I really like the flavor you've added to the Myconians with their own patois.

Like this?

Biotech v3- Organic tissue gun

The thing I had in mind was more like something from Scorn. The flesh has been grown from the ground up by an artisan to do what it currently does. How this would differ from say Rex or Prestalist is that Rex is nature doing the shaping, being more wild in the presentation of the end product and Prestalist looking closer to what we've come to expect from Prime weapons.

Scorn is a day one Xbox Game Pass title

I actually do a lot of math when I make stuff weaponry, trying to ask myself "how much will this be after critical damage and [the must-have damage mod] with this bonus I've added?"

I commend you for the effort. The most I do is pull up a weapon reference and work from there. Not that you should shirk the exercise, you have a solid track record of making great looking weapons that will look the part and fit into the meta.

5 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

The gun I was thinking of was the Pandemos.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Oh yeah. I mentioned that but I don't think I ever drew it. It's.... around. Somewhere. I think.

5 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

I commend you for the effort. The most I do is pull up a weapon reference and work from there. Not that you should shirk the exercise, you have a solid track record of making great looking weapons that will look the part and fit into the meta.

Oh yeah, I do that too! For example, the Naga was always calculated to do 12.5% more base damage than the Pandero Prime. Admittedly, it has less status and slash, but this makes sure it doesn't dominate the Pandero and incentivizes headshots for maximum DPS.

Though most of the time I look at something IRL and find some way to exaggerate it. The Naga is kind of a weird case, because it was designed after a scoped BFR, but in reality it is just an oversized Nagant revolver.

• Like 1