Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

On 2023-05-25 at 10:54 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

SOON (tm)

IMG-5213.png?width=758&height=498

Man it's a challenge do desing a sniper rifle in warframe, it's an horde game and the few elite enemies we do have are more vulnerable to brrrrt weapons than to snipers. I'm starting to feel like overguard should also resist sources off aoe damage. 

8 hours ago, keikogi said:

Man it's a challenge do desing a sniper rifle in warframe, it's an horde game and the few elite enemies we do have are more vulnerable to brrrrt weapons than to snipers. I'm starting to feel like overguard should also resist sources off aoe damage. 

It really is. There's a reason all the snipers I've made have been:

a. AoE (the Zagro, the Dzida)
b. More DMRs or battle rifle (Nyos, Harken, most of the battle rifles I've done)
c. Both (Also Nyos and Harken)

Weirdly, I feel like the Perigale has had the best go of being an antipersonnel gun because it's got a perk that works really well against massed enemies. I'll need to consider tapping into that later.

The thing about Overguard seems like it'd make an already fraught feature even more frustrating, but I will admit - that would give more single-target guns more of a niche.

All that said, this is an assault rifle. It just has a scope. For... reasons.

Tenno 'Orion' Tracking Rifle

“One of the exceedingly few Tenno firearms built after the Wakening. Headshots with this horizontally-recoiling weapon ricochet to nearby enemies, and it does more damage for each enemy it penetrates.”
–codex

Special Traits:
Headshots cause rounds to ricochet towards nearby enemies
Each shot deals 11% more damage for each enemy it penetrates or ricochets, for a total of 33% bonus damage.
Horizontal recoil.
30% bonus additive status chance on landing a tracker for 15 seconds.  (i.e, without status chance mods, it has 60% status after landing one.)

tenno__orion__tracking_rifle_by_fluffywo

Lore

Designed by Haruka Lorne as a custom build of the Grineer-made Buzlok, in collaboration with Steel Meridian partisans during the Narmer War.

This Tenno assault rifle occupies a strange role somewhere between SMG, assault rifle, and marksman rifle. It’s unique among its counterparts in that it’s one of the extraordinarily few Tenno weapons designed after the Wakening. It exchanges the Buzlok’s stopping power for controllability, (and a slightly larger magazine.) Admittedly, “controllable” is subjective as it has horizontal recoil.

Much like its ancestor, this weapon fires tracking tags similar to that of the Buzlok…

…Except all bullets fired, including trackers, ricochet to nearby enemies on headshots. And deal more damage after penetrating an enemy.  

Landing a tracker shot on an enemy’s head causes another tracker shot to ricochet towards a nearby enemy, then aiming for the head of another untracked enemy causes rounds to ricochet, often towards an untracked enemy, then redirecting themselves (finally) to a tracked enemy. The overall effect is something not dissimilar to an Amprex but with physical bullets instead of chain lightning. 

Or, barring that, users of this weapon are encouraged to use many of the same techniques common to the Buzlok, such as firing at another enemy and letting its shots pass through them directly into an enemy’s head, indirect firing over cover, or aiming a tracker at the face and melting them with sustained fire. A truly great Orion wielder makes sure to hit as many enemies as possible with one trigger pull.

The result is a weapon that rewards a Tenno that shares Haruka Lorne’s love of the Buzlok, while also encouraging the psychotic aggression and precision typical of her weapons.

It admittedly lacks the raw brute force and critical stats* of the Buzlok. But it’s… relatively more controllable. Sure, it has horizontal recoil, but that’s still better. 

This also means it cannot hit enemies twice, unlike the Buzlok.

In short: The Buzlok has better crit stats while in tracker mode, in addition to better Riven disposition and damage, but the Orion is better for general-purpose use by being more controllable.

The first patterns of the Orion were awkward bullpup conversions of the Buzlok, often known as the Vaykor Buzlok**. These were built by Steel Meridian partisans who found their stocks of Buzloks were “absurdly difficult to maneuver” in the close quarters of the typical Origin System firefight, in addition to being long, cumbersome, and nigh-impossible to control without using the tracker tag.

These conversions often had stocks that were also overlong, making the Buzlok only slightly more maneuverable and controllable. Overall, the only advantage was greater comfort. 

These came to the attention of Haruka Lorne while working with Steel Meridian to guard Mycona Colony as it fled to Deimos’ orbit. Haruka noticed a bullpup Buzlok conversion during a boarding action on a Narmer Galleon, and offered to improve it using the ancient Entrati manufactoria on Deimos, herself gratis.

The Orion was born from this. It boasts a set of redundant backup sights similar to those used on the Haoma, lower-caliber but longer rounds, and a helical magazine contained in the stock, making this weapon extremely portable.

Many of its other improvements - armor-piercing rounds that hammer through multiple enemies, higher rate of fire - were directly inspired by Haruka Lorne’s own custom Buzlok, which boasts Primed Shred and a Riven Mod that dramatically increases rate of fire.

Footnotes

*read: the Buzlok’s high damage, and high critical bonus while an enemy is tagged. Also, I think that if you’re at close range, sometimes the Buzlok can hit enemies twice if it misses the head, goes through the stomach, then curves back to the head. The Orion can’t do that. Which is kind of a shame, I love when the Buzlok starts hitting enemies twice. It’s like I brought in Ivara but I’m using Frost Prime, Vulkodlak, or Voruna. Fun times. Fuuuuun times. Still, least I can hit things without a tracker now. ~Haruka

** Yeah, they’re not selling these - not even for the let’s-not-call-it-Rathuum trials they’re working on. No great loss, the Vaykor Buzlok was terrible. Imagine every bullpup weapon I have in my arsenal but with a stock that looks like it was designed for Vulkodlak’s arms. ~Haruka

The what now? ~Yassin

Vulkodlak frames. They have long arms. ~Ginebra

I mean that’s terrible, but… what about let’s not call it Rathuum? ~Yassin

Ah. That. Steel Meridian are working on their own unique missions inspired by Arbitrations. They pay everyone, Perrins included to help them out, and get unique rewards. Allegedly. ~Thane

I have a discount! ~Haruka

Stats

Shared:

• Type: Rifle
  • Reload: 2.3s
  • Magazine: 60

Auto

• Trigger: Auto
  • Fire Rate: 6.9
  • Damage: 48
    • Impact: 10
    • Puncture: 22:
    • Slash: 16  
  • Critical Chance: 25%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
  • Status Chance: 33%
  • Punch-Through: 0.9m

Tracker Tags

• Trigger: semi
  • Damage: 4 Puncture
  • Critical Chance: 1%
  • Critical Multiplier: 1.1x
  • Status Chance: 1%
  • Forced Procs: Impact
  • Punch-Through: [Cannot have punch-through)

Artist Notes:

This is essentially a caricature of how I use the Buzlok. It’s a rather divisive weapon. Plenty of people in this community, like Brozime, despise the weapon. I don’t, but it’s quite hard to argue with him when I consider how frustrating it is to use with its low rate of fire and terrible recoil.

I manage to alleviate… part of that… because I added Primed Shred and poured frightening amounts of Kuva into my reroll so I could keep Primed Shred and Hunter Munitions. Which accidentally earned me a rate of fire riven, giving this… a pretty impressive RoF. I get that there’s probably a reason using a Riven to essentially keep your old build is not very pogchamp, but in my defense…

…The Buzlok is pretty intolerable for me without Primed Shred. It’s already nigh-impossible to hit anything without the tracker, and while I like its massive critical stats (it has that hidden bonus!) it just feels better with punch-through and more fire rate. More fire rate means more tags and more bullets to exploit the gun’s timed critical chance bonus, and punch-through means more enemies with which I can exploit said bonus.

It’s also a “retired” Legendary weapon idea I had for borderlands 3, for an Atlas assault rifle that ironically took inspiration from the Buzlok which fired a single tag (instead of a shotgunlike spray) that ricochet’d on headshots. Most of my ideas for that (there’s… lots of Borderlands 3-inspired guns on this thread lol) involved mixing and matching manufacturer gimmicks from that game, such as a Jakobs revolver that shoots ricocheting explosive projectiles. UN LOBITO (GUITAR CHORD) is essentially The Companion from that game, just with a more traditional revolver cylinder, and the Makina came from an idea I had that was basically “What if The Companion did Radiation Damage on headshots instead of heat damage?”

• Like 2

So, in light of doodling out another shotgun while watching some True Detective (I've found myself feeling like I treat "play videogames for THIS MANY HOURS!" to be almost an inextricable part of my schedule, and I do not like it) I got to thinking about the Tenebrae shotgun from awhile back.Partly because I was concerned the Tenebrae might look too much like the shotgun I doodled. So anyway, here's some changes to one of the oldest shotguns from this thread:

Semiauto:
Crit changed to 3.2x.
Why? because it was funny. Also to keep it competitive with today's power creep.

Pump:
This has now been split into multiple instances of damage. Sort of. It's weird. Anyway, whenever each pellet hits an object, then it will create a single 210 damage explosion, the blast radius of which is determined partly by the spread. Essentially, this has a massive chunk of damage it can deal at any range. Fun stuff.

It's not that broken though, it's mostly balanced by the shotgun's tight spread.

On 2019-04-06 at 1:46 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno ‘Tenebrae’ Tactical Shotgun
7-round pump/semiauto shotgun

tenno__tenebrae__tactical_shotgun_by_har

“Tactical shotgun of the Orokin era, used in the Origin System homefront during the chaotic heights of the Old War. Fire in semiauto for high-status damage, or fire in pump-action to release a swarm of radioactive high-crit breaching flechettes.”
—Lotus

Lore
“Suspects? No, no no no. No. I can’t order a fireteam of Tenno to pick up Tenebra shotguns and go after everyone with a motive. That’s half the colony. We won’t be able to replace that kind of manpower.”
Executor Amita, administrator of Ganymede.

As wartime sabotage of Outer Planets industry became more and more common by the day, Old War-era Orokin came to an unpleasant realization: It was not why anyone want the Orokin dead, it was how many people would.

Bidanian theists. Old Lokites. Descendants of old Independent Ganymedeans. Tribals from primitive worlds such as Mars, who saw the Sentients as gods. Agitators who (perhaps justifiably) thought their worlds had been used as breeding grounds for Infestation. And downtrodden Origin System residents so beaten down by the Orokin that they would have taken anything as a change of pace.

The Tenebrae was specifically designed for use against the strongholds of these anti-Orokin elements.  And Sentients, of course. The latter was achieved through the use of a small atomic battery linked to the onboard nanoforge, allowing this to fire radioactive munitions.

Semiauto mode gave it a high rate of fire in close quarters, firing a spray of flechettes that tumbled inside the bodies of fleshier targets and wore away at Sentient armor. Their lower penetration gave them unexpected versatility on spaceships. Meanwhile, pump-action mode “overcharged’ the shotgun’s flechette ammunition. Flechettes fired at hard surfaces would explode, while also flinging a series of tiny projectiles through a target into anything unfortunate enough to  be behind the target.

While this was originally intended to breach doors, it was only a matter of time before someone used it on a living target. Wounds created by this weapon would be (rightly) considered war crimes by any nation predating the Orokin.

An interesting fact is that the explosive damage of this weapon is completely unaffected by damage falloff. In short, this is capable of doing over 200 damage at any range. The explosion radius is also somewhat dependent on spread size, meaning that firing this weapon at long range can actually increase its effectiveness.

Mechanics  

Think of this as a bifurcated Strun Wraith. The Strun Wraith, as it happens, is an extraordinarily enjoyable shotgun for me because you can build it for crit and status at the same time. So this takes both aspects, separates them into different fire modes, and exaggerates them.

Semiauto mode is your standard slash status shotgun stuff. Capable of 100% status… but with a twist in that it has disproportionately, absurdly high crit multiplier by shotgun standards. I thought it was funny.

Pump mode, however, is much more unique. Not only does it have increased zoom, range, and accuracy over semi mode, but every individual flechette can cause 2 status instances as there’s an AoE effect around the impact point. 

The easiest way to describe this is to ask you to imagine if the Astilla had punch through - and, instead of the shells only shattering on hard surfaces, there was only an AoE effect on the first thing they impacted. Then, the shell would go on its merry way, overpenetrating enemies but not shattering again.  Also, it's multiple projectiles that do this.

This effect, by the way, would not be affected by punch-through. Punch through merely determines how many enemies are overpenetrated after the initial explosion.  It sounds weird and I guess it is weird.

The reason that both fire modes have these odd attributes is simple. I figured people weren’t going to have much build freedom with something like this, and I thought it’d be funny to have some bleedover from mode to mode. A status build will give pump mode a lot of fun status shenanigans, and a crit build will cause some fun crit shenanigans with pump-action fire.

P.S: Don’t worry, pump mode does not have self-damage. I’m not a monster.

P.S.S: The ideal riven for this would be a Hexacron, or something similar with critical and status attributes.

Stats:

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing when it comes to these stats. If this turns out to invalidate something… then stop me. Please. I will listen.

Shared:
    Trigger: Semi
    magazine - 7+1
    Reserve Ammo - 140
    Pellets - 7
    Reload - 3.7s
     (0.2 to start)
     (0.5 per shell)

Semi
    Fire Rate: 3.2
    Accuracy: 8.1

Multishot: 7
    Damage: 76
            Slash: 33
            Radiation: 24
            Impact: 12
            Puncture: 7
    Crit Chance: 16%
    Crit Multiplier: 3.2x
    Status Chance: 16%
    Damage Falloff:
            Max Damage up to 17m
            Min Damage at 30m
            40% Max Reduction

Pump

Impact: 
        Fire Rate: 1.15
        Accuracy: 10.1

Multishot: 7
        D
amage: 50

Puncture: 22
            Slash: 17
            Radiation: 9 
            Impact: 2
        Crit Chance: 33%
        Crit Multiplier: 3.0x
        Status Chance: 6%
        Damage Falloff:
            Max Damage up to 22m
            Min Damage at 44m
            50% Max Reduction

Radial: 
Multishot: 1
        Damage: 210

90 Radiation
               75 Impact
               45 Slash

Crit Chance: 33%
        Crit Multiplier: 3.0x
        Status Chance: 21%
        Projectile Type: AoE
        Range: 1.8m+spread distance

Damage Falloff:
            50% Max Reduction

• Like 1

On 2023-05-31 at 5:13 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Orion' Tracking Rifle

“One of the exceedingly few Tenno firearms built after the Wakening. Headshots with this horizontally-recoiling weapon ricochet to nearby enemies, and it does more damage for each enemy it penetrates.”
–codex

Special Traits:
Headshots cause rounds to ricochet towards nearby enemies
Each shot deals 11% more damage for each enemy it penetrates or ricochets, for a total of 33% bonus damage.
Horizontal recoil.
30% bonus additive status chance on landing a tracker for 15 seconds.  (i.e, without status chance mods, it has 60% status after landing one.)

tenno__orion__tracking_rifle_by_fluffywo

Lore

Designed by Haruka Lorne as a custom build of the Grineer-made Buzlok, in collaboration with Steel Meridian partisans during the Narmer War.

This Tenno assault rifle occupies a strange role somewhere between SMG, assault rifle, and marksman rifle. It’s unique among its counterparts in that it’s one of the extraordinarily few Tenno weapons designed after the Wakening. It exchanges the Buzlok’s stopping power for controllability, (and a slightly larger magazine.) Admittedly, “controllable” is subjective as it has horizontal recoil.

Much like its ancestor, this weapon fires tracking tags similar to that of the Buzlok…

…Except all bullets fired, including trackers, ricochet to nearby enemies on headshots. And deal more damage after penetrating an enemy.  

Landing a tracker shot on an enemy’s head causes another tracker shot to ricochet towards a nearby enemy, then aiming for the head of another untracked enemy causes rounds to ricochet, often towards an untracked enemy, then redirecting themselves (finally) to a tracked enemy. The overall effect is something not dissimilar to an Amprex but with physical bullets instead of chain lightning. 

Or, barring that, users of this weapon are encouraged to use many of the same techniques common to the Buzlok, such as firing at another enemy and letting its shots pass through them directly into an enemy’s head, indirect firing over cover, or aiming a tracker at the face and melting them with sustained fire. A truly great Orion wielder makes sure to hit as many enemies as possible with one trigger pull.

The result is a weapon that rewards a Tenno that shares Haruka Lorne’s love of the Buzlok, while also encouraging the psychotic aggression and precision typical of her weapons.

It admittedly lacks the raw brute force and critical stats* of the Buzlok. But it’s… relatively more controllable. Sure, it has horizontal recoil, but that’s still better. 

This also means it cannot hit enemies twice, unlike the Buzlok.

In short: The Buzlok has better crit stats while in tracker mode, in addition to better Riven disposition and damage, but the Orion is better for general-purpose use by being more controllable.

The first patterns of the Orion were awkward bullpup conversions of the Buzlok, often known as the Vaykor Buzlok**. These were built by Steel Meridian partisans who found their stocks of Buzloks were “absurdly difficult to maneuver” in the close quarters of the typical Origin System firefight, in addition to being long, cumbersome, and nigh-impossible to control without using the tracker tag.

These conversions often had stocks that were also overlong, making the Buzlok only slightly more maneuverable and controllable. Overall, the only advantage was greater comfort. 

These came to the attention of Haruka Lorne while working with Steel Meridian to guard Mycona Colony as it fled to Deimos’ orbit. Haruka noticed a bullpup Buzlok conversion during a boarding action on a Narmer Galleon, and offered to improve it using the ancient Entrati manufactoria on Deimos, herself gratis.

The Orion was born from this. It boasts a set of redundant backup sights similar to those used on the Haoma, lower-caliber but longer rounds, and a helical magazine contained in the stock, making this weapon extremely portable.

Many of its other improvements - armor-piercing rounds that hammer through multiple enemies, higher rate of fire - were directly inspired by Haruka Lorne’s own custom Buzlok, which boasts Primed Shred and a Riven Mod that dramatically increases rate of fire.

Footnotes

*read: the Buzlok’s high damage, and high critical bonus while an enemy is tagged. Also, I think that if you’re at close range, sometimes the Buzlok can hit enemies twice if it misses the head, goes through the stomach, then curves back to the head. The Orion can’t do that. Which is kind of a shame, I love when the Buzlok starts hitting enemies twice. It’s like I brought in Ivara but I’m using Frost Prime, Vulkodlak, or Voruna. Fun times. Fuuuuun times. Still, least I can hit things without a tracker now. ~Haruka

** Yeah, they’re not selling these - not even for the let’s-not-call-it-Rathuum trials they’re working on. No great loss, the Vaykor Buzlok was terrible. Imagine every bullpup weapon I have in my arsenal but with a stock that looks like it was designed for Vulkodlak’s arms. ~Haruka

The what now? ~Yassin

Vulkodlak frames. They have long arms. ~Ginebra

I mean that’s terrible, but… what about let’s not call it Rathuum? ~Yassin

Ah. That. Steel Meridian are working on their own unique missions inspired by Arbitrations. They pay everyone, Perrins included to help them out, and get unique rewards. Allegedly. ~Thane

I have a discount! ~Haruka

Stats

Shared:

• Type: Rifle
  • Reload: 2.3s
  • Magazine: 60

Auto

• Trigger: Auto
  • Damage: 48
    • Impact: 10
    • Puncture: 22:
    • Slash: 16  
  • Critical Chance: 25%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
  • Status Chance: 33%
  • Punch-Through: 0.9m

Tracker Tags

• Trigger: semi
  • Damage: 4 Puncture
  • Critical Chance: 1%
  • Critical Multiplier: 1.1x
  • Status Chance: 1%
  • Forced Procs: Impact
  • Punch-Through: [Cannot have punch-through)

Artist Notes:

This is essentially a caricature of how I use the Buzlok. It’s a rather divisive weapon. Plenty of people in this community, like Brozime, despise the weapon. I don’t, but it’s quite hard to argue with him when I consider how frustrating it is to use with its low rate of fire and terrible recoil.

I manage to alleviate… part of that… because I added Primed Shred and poured frightening amounts of Kuva into my reroll so I could keep Primed Shred and Hunter Munitions. Which accidentally earned me a rate of fire riven, giving this… a pretty impressive RoF. I get that there’s probably a reason using a Riven to essentially keep your old build is not very pogchamp, but in my defense…

…The Buzlok is pretty intolerable for me without Primed Shred. It’s already nigh-impossible to hit anything without the tracker, and while I like its massive critical stats (it has that hidden bonus!) it just feels better with punch-through and more fire rate. More fire rate means more tags and more bullets to exploit the gun’s timed critical chance bonus, and punch-through means more enemies with which I can exploit said bonus.

It’s also a “retired” Legendary weapon idea I had for borderlands 3, for an Atlas assault rifle that ironically took inspiration from the Buzlok which fired a single tag (instead of a shotgunlike spray) that ricochet’d on headshots. Most of my ideas for that (there’s… lots of Borderlands 3-inspired guns on this thread lol) involved mixing and matching manufacturer gimmicks from that game, such as a Jakobs revolver that shoots ricocheting explosive projectiles. UN LOBITO (GUITAR CHORD) is essentially The Companion from that game, just with a more traditional revolver cylinder, and the Makina came from an idea I had that was basically “What if The Companion did Radiation Damage on headshots instead of heat damage?”

I really like the buzlock as well, and I like idea of a bullet based amprex. IMO I really hope the buzlock gets a kuva or upgraded version at some point.

On 2023-06-05 at 11:22 AM, Neo3602 said:

I really like the buzlock as well, and I like idea of a bullet based amprex. I

AW HELL YEAH

A fellow Buzlok enjoyer! It has a lot of hidden depth =D

It's not exactly a bullet based amprex, this was just... the best metaphor I had for how it just sends bullets everywhere.

On 2023-06-05 at 11:22 AM, Neo3602 said:

IMO I really hope the buzlock gets a kuva or upgraded version at some point.

If there's any two Grineer weapons that deserve it, it'd be the Argonak... and especially the Buzlok. If only so we can finally have a buzlok with actually controllable recoil. Seriously, my Sobek has better spread than the thing.

Also I feel like they were going for a Borderlands 2 Vladof Droog vibe where it's used as a slow and overpowered scoped LMG of sorts and it's barely controllable in hipfire, but part of the problem is that Warframe is so horde mode that this gimmick struggles. Like, really struggles. And without Primed Shred, it feels so sluggish to land follow up shots with the tracker.

Most assault rifles in this game are better with Primed Shred (cause it adds more DPS and a light cc element) but the Buzlok just... really needs it to feel even a little fun.

Also to explain the Argonak getting a Kuva variant, the Argonak is just.... 

It feels half-baked. I don't truly hate it, not the way other people hate the Stug or Convectrix, I just feel like it's missing a lot. The idea behind an auto/semi rifle isn't that bad, especially with the added zoom and the laser that highlights enemies. I like that stuff! But part of the problem is that auto has no feedback and I wonder if my controller batteries are running low, and it feels like plinking enemies. Semiauto does more damage what with the high crit, and it has actual feedback, but this leads to the weird situation where I'm plinking away in semiauto from my 43-round pan magazine.

If there's any two things I'd do with the Argonak, it'd be... increase the status to 37ish in auto mode, increase the crit stats very slightly, with 18% crit or so. And maybe replace semiauto with 3-round burst so it feels less like plinking.

Duviri “Paptimus” Shotgun

“An exceedingly rare firearm from Duviri. These elegantly grown fowling pieces are used against the various birds of the islands. Someone - or something - has altered this one to put it on a similar tier as the Origin System’s shotguns.”
–Codex

duviri__paptimus__fowling_shotgun_by_flu

Gameplay notes

I don’t normally do this here, but this seemed like it’d get lost if I put it in artist notes. So:

This is meant to be sort of a power weapon for Duviri. Landing repeated melee hits (or headshots with the sirocco) increases your reserve ammo for the weapon, up to a total of six. Or two reloads. Either or. You pull it out by holding Y, and upon equipping the weapon you immediately fire both shots in the barrels at the nearest target without aiming. This leaves you with four remaining rounds… or two reloads. Possibly just two rounds and one reload, I’m not sure. This was something I conceived of as something like Max’s shotgun in the Avalanche Studios Mad Max game - you don’t really aim the shotgun, you just whip it out and it kills.

This might be overpowered, but I liked the idea of a Max’s shotgun-like effect - a gun in a melee game that works less like a gun and more like an ability.

On that note I feel like maybe this shouldn’t be a drifter/operator weapon in the base game. Just a theory.

Also, there’s two versions of this! The first is the Warframe version, which is usable by your frames in the main game. Then there’s the Duviri version, which has entirely different (heavily Void-weighted) stats.

Lore

A fowling and hunting piece from Duviri. In times past, when Duviri stretched further than the eye could see, these were used more extensively. Nowadays, they’re mostly used by the Drifter against Dax and ghosts all over the land.

The closest Origin System analogue would be Exergis or Tigris. The weapon reloads by opening up, not dissimilar to a set of jaws, which chambers two shots that can be fired in quick succession. Each shot is composed of void-charged plasma that is not quite liquid and not quite energy. Upon impact, flesh, bone, and body parts fold in upon themselves in and out of the Deep Void, tearing themselves from the body in directions you cannot point to.

It imparts curses(1) from the Deep Void onto those it hits as well.

Open. Fire twice. Repeat. The result is a gun somewhere between the Exergis, Tigris, and Corinth (or Tenebrae) in functionality. It requires a long pause in between firing like a pump-action shotgun, but that pause is also the reload, not unlike a break-action.

One curiosity of this weapon is that it works differently in the Void and Realspace. In the Void, this is a stronger, if slightly more conventional weapon that fires slower, more powerful blasts of its same not-quite-liquid-not-quite-energy. It resonates with the fighting spirit of its wielder, generating “ammunition” from the raw makeup of the void on repeated melee hits and headshots with the Sirocco Amp. In fact, with the relative rarity of Duviri firearms, this weapon is the longest-range tool in the Drifter’s arsenal.

In Realspace however, this weapon is far weaker as it is no longer superconducting massive amounts of ambient void energy. It lacks the base Void damage that makes it so damaging in Duviri. It’s an effect not dissimilar to a ballistic firearm fired underwater. However, the realspace version of this weapon actually accepts mods, particularly Baro Ki’Teer’s Primed Mods and the Arbiters of Hexis’ Galvanized Mods, which makes the disparity easy to overcome.

Rather bizarrely, it also comes with an Incarnon mode in realspace. In Incarnon mode, each pellet individually homes in on enemies within its shot cone, not unlike the Bronco’s Incarnon form.

In hipfire, the Incarnon Form’s spread is relatively wide, making it well-suited to hitting multiple enemies with one shot. While sighting in the weapon, the spread is narrowed, making it far more suited to single-target damage.

The incarnon form cannot be used in Duviri.

In Duviri, as Tenno routinely break in to this bardo(2) and others(3) to sate their hunger for new weapons and gear, to help their time lost other selves break free from these hells of their own creation, these weapons are a relative rarity.

In general, firearms in Duviri are an exceedingly rare commodity. This is partly due to Thrax’s restrictions, with many of them left on autoclaved islands, and partly out of a sheer lack of necessity - especially with Duviri in its reduced state. The few guns that exist in that strange bardo are given to the highest aristos of the land, though they’re considered more of a novelty than anything. For the sake of putting up a fierce appearance, Lodun’s(4) personal guard holds the highest concentration of them.

It's unknown who or what, exactly, modified this weapon pattern for a level of power far in excess of anything needed for present-day Duviri. Multiple Paptimus shotguns have been discovered while exploring Duviri, One Tenno venturing into Duviri, or perhaps an instance of Duviri, claims to have simply... found one in a hole. Others, like Haruka Lorne, claim to have found it hidden on the Island of Lorn (5). Still others, such as Acrithis, suggest that they came from a shipwreck that once tore through Duviri, tearing through the island of Metherick halfway into the Undercroft.

Tenno field notes

(1) It’s radiation. Weird radiation, like most Incarnon guns, but radiation. ~Yassin

(2) What’s a Bardo? ~Yassin

It’s a… hmmm. It’s not exactly a pocket dimension in the Void, it’s just an area of the void that’s been given greater form by strong emotions. Strong minds - Cephalons, Nihil, Void Angels… other Tenno, apparently, can make them. ~Haruka

(3) OTHERS?! ~Thane

It’s rare, but… it does happen. I think. Maybe. Far as I can tell, I’m a singleton. Guess I weren't part of that backup plan. ~Haruka

The Void's that mean? Also, I used some of that entheogen-and-Ayatan therapy you used with Vilcor. I’m… I think I’ve got one in there. And uh. You remember that horror storybook about Carcosa, the one from Tsang-Chan? ~Ginebra

Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh, fffffffuuuuuuuuu- ~Haruka 

(4) …I really do hate Lodun. ~Thane

I hate Mathila more. She makes me want to strangle something. Makes me think of finding Avintol and squeezing and squeezing LIKE I’M MAKING - ~Haruka

You too, huh? ~Ginebra

(5) Long story short, we weren't allowed to have surnames, or sometimes even first names. We had to earn them, or earn the right to choose them. I actually gave myself that as a deed-name. It seemed stupid at the time, but I went for this storybook name mostly out of spite. Like "Fok yourself. I was a child and you made me this. It may be a fearful name, but it's still a name associated with childhood."

Got beat for it. But what can I say? I hated the Golden Lords more than I liked myself. ~Haruka Lorne

Incarnon Challenges:
Evolution 1: Incarnon Form

Evolution 2:  Complete a solo mission with this weapon

Flak Bullets: Removes object punch-through, bullets bounce on hard surfaces twice.

Let Them have Both Barrels: Converts fire mode to duplex auto. I’m not statting this.  

The Penetrator: Increases damage by ten percent for each enemy it penetrates. This increases by up to 30%.

Evolution 3: Kill 100 enemies with this weapon’s Incarnon Form.

Break Action: Increases reload speed

Double Tap: Increases fire rate

Choke Reflex: Increases accuracy (end my suffering)

Evolution 4: Kill 3 enemies in one shot with this weapon ten times

Rational Criticism: Increases critical chance by +4 for each headshot on an enemy. Stacks up to five times for a total of +20 base critical chance.

Statistical Anomaly: Increases base status chance by +1 for enemies within 20m. Stacks up to 10 times for a total of ten bonus base status.

Charged Buckshot: Hold down the trigger to increase damage, projectile velocity, enemy punch-through, and accuracy. This actually turns a Paptimus with Both Barrels into a duplex-charge shotgun, odd as that sounds.

Stats:

(note: I’m not writing out how the Incarnon mode affects these. This is because I will go crazy if I do, and also I have a very nice dinner scheduled in about an hour

it was very nice)

Normal Attacks (Warframe version)

Type: Shotgun

Trigger: semi 

Ammo Max: 70

Magazine Size: 2

Fire Rate: 2.6

Damage: 828

351 Impact

225 Slash

144 Radiation

108 Puncture

Multishot: 9 (92 per pellet)

Crit Chance: 18%

Crit Multiplier: 2.1x

Punch-Through: 0.8m

Reload Time: 1.25s

Type: Projectile

Incarnon Form (Warframe)

Magazine Size: 8

Damage: 567

198 Slash

117 Puncture

252 Gas

Multishot: 9 (63 per pellet)

Crit Chance: 24%

Crit Multiplier: 2.4x

Reload Time: 1.1s

Duviri Form

Type: Shotgun

Ammo Max: 6

Magazine Size: 2

Damage: 7452

4151 Void

2025 Slash

1296 Radiation

Multishot: 9 (828 per pellet)

Crit Chance: 50%

Crit Multiplier: 2.2x

Reload Time: 1.25s

Artist Notes

This got… wildly out of hand. The Incarnon form was something of a spur of the moment thing, but I’m happy about it.

There’s not very much I can say that wasn’t covered under “gameplay notes,” so I’ll just give some fun facts: Firstly, the name is a pun on the Sirocco amp and also a Gundam reference - there’s a rather infamous character from Zeta Gundam named Paptimus Sirocco. Indeed, this is why I named my amp Paptimus.

Also, the massive… recoiling thing… over the barrels is meant to evoke a shotgun pumping. I liked how the Exergis doesn’t really have much of a barrier between the magazine and ammo reserves, so that was a big influence as well.

I’d like to thank @StallordD's discord for helping me draw this! Originally, it had two regular old shotgun barrels, but they convinced me to remove them and hollow out the barrel area. The Sirocco, strangely enough, does not seem to have a barrel - rather, bullets are fired from within the “ribcage” ‘area. Also, the barrels looked weirdly… spread-out… and it wasn’t a very good look. Special thanks also to @Salvguard for making a meme video of the Sirocco that was, hand to God, the best view I had of the thing. Thanks homedawgs!

Also, about the “bardo” section in the four Tenno’s conversations in the “Tenno notes” section, that… will be important later. As it happens, I have a carcosan gun buried deep in my photoshop, so look out for that.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 4

On 2023-06-10 at 10:19 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

This is meant to be sort of a power weapon for Duviri. Landing repeated melee hits (or headshots with the sirocco) increases your reserve ammo for the weapon, up to a total of six. O

I'm a sucker for "gameplay costs " and I love this effect.

About the visual, .an I think you nailed the Sirocco visual style.

12 minutes ago, keikogi said:

I'm a sucker for "gameplay costs " and I love this effect.

Thanks so much =D 

12 minutes ago, keikogi said:

About the visual, .an I think you nailed the Sirocco visual style.

That's a huge relief. This wasn't the hardest thing to draw, but it was... the hardest to get right. You feel me?

7 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Ss per usual, that is beautiful. I have to say, gator heads opening up to eldritch space is not something you see every day. 

Thanks so much! You would not... believe how difficult it was to get it right.

Screenshot_195.png?width=987&height=555

Originally it had regular old barrels, but I was told I should lose 'em. Honestly, I'm kinda glad.

I'll go look at all the frames you wrote up SOON (tm). Like, tomorrow. Traditionally, I have a lot of spare time on tuesdays and wednesdays.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

what ever it is it looks good.

Thanks homedawg. I'm not a hundred percent sure what I'm going for, but I'm doing my best.

Also, it's partly inspired by a lot of Lovecraft mythos I've been reading. Partly inspired by this horror podcast I've been listening to called Gray Matter, and it has one episode that asks the question "What if the play The King In Yellow was a late night talk show?"

It sound stupid but it's actually way more terrifying than it has any right to be.

• Like 1

A bit of an odd question but do you know of any Dax related secondary weapon ? Real Dax or fake Dax of duviri

Edit: If there isn't what secondary weapons you fill like fit them ?

Edited by keikogi

20 hours ago, keikogi said:

A bit of an odd question but do you know of any Dax related secondary weapon ? Real Dax or fake Dax of duviri

Edit: If there isn't what secondary weapons you fill like fit them ?

I uh...

#*!%.

The closest two I can think of would be the Orvius and Sirocco. The first is a melee weapon. The second is... this is difficult to explain, but it feels like an artifact from an earlier draft of Duviri, Like something that doesn't really fit, but the devs couldn't quite retcon it out. And also the sirocco isn't a secondary in the traditional sense. 

I don't... I don't like the Sirocco that much. It's okay, I'll still use it, it just kinda feels like it is to WF's gameplay loop (whatever that even is at this point. We don't have a gameplay loop, we have a gameplay mobius strip lmao) what the P2020 is to Apex Legends.

I don't know what weapon, truly. Maybe some kind of shotgun pistol that takes inspiration from both Bloodborne and early Japanese pistols like this one, to go with their heavy melee focus?

Matchlock-pistol-on-background.jpg

Or perhaps a crossbow pistol. Or a wrist crossbow. Much like with Duviri, I feel like I should be... muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch more reluctant to provide Dax with firearms.

Sidenote, if I make another Duviri gun, it'll either be something like a Kalthoff repeater, and then I shall simply... stop. The rest will be bows and melee weapons.kalthoff-repeater.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

h...

#*!%.

The closest two I can think of would be the Orvius and Sirocco. The first is a melee weapon. The second is... this is difficult to explain, but it feels like an artifact from an earlier draft of Duviri, Like something that doesn't really fit, but the devs couldn't quite retcon it out. And also the sirocco isn't a secondary in the traditional sense. 

I don't... I don't like the Sirocco that much. It's okay, I'll still use it, it just kinda feels like it is to WF's gameplay loop (whatever that even is at this point. We don't have a gameplay loop, we have a gameplay mobius strip lmao) what the P2020 is to Apex Legends.

I don't know what weapon, truly. Maybe some kind of shotgun pistol that takes inspiration from both Bloodborne and early Japanese pistols like this one, to go with their heavy melee focus?

Matchlock-pistol-on-background.jpg

Or perhaps a crossbow pistol. Or a wrist crossbow. Much like with Duviri, I feel like I should be... muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch more reluctant to provide Dax with firearms.

I am trying to make a frame based on possessed weapons, as far as theme goes something like a Dax that got its squad wiped out and now use the possessed weapons of its former teammates. I’m going for a dax and as far as melee goes i have a lot of options, primary I got the bow  and secondary I had nothing (I first thought about the throwing weapons but they just feel distinctly tenno. The dax and warframe seems to have a samurai vs ninja stick). For utility slots I algo got a lot of choice with the orvius and shield from the hammer dudes in duviri.

That early pistol seems like a good idea, especially given its single shot nature fits well for a skill cast. The cross bow also works but the pistol is more visually and thematic distinct from the bow. The wrist cross bow could also work but I feel like the single shot pistol shotgun might be my best bet.

Thx for the help

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

idenote, if I make another Duviri gun, it'll either be something like a Kalthoff repeater, and then I shall simply... stop. The rest will be bows and melee weapons.

I agree that keeping duviri with melee and magical weapons is better than adding a lot of “gun powder”type weapons. A spear gun that fires rays of void energy ( defact magical staff ) is more at home there than any automatic rifle.

btw, what the p2020 did to apex legends ? I dont now that game well.

27 minutes ago, keikogi said:

am trying to make a frame based on possessed weapons, as far as theme goes something like a Dax that got its squad wiped out and now use the possessed weapons of its former teammates

Huh. You're also working on a frame that uses dead Dax and puppeteering parts of them? What are the odds.

(I first thought about the throwing weapons but they just feel distinctly tenno. The dax and warframe seems to have a samurai vs ninja stick)

Yeah, that's why i nixed the idea of throwing weapons, kunai, etc for the Dax. Besides, as far as I know, Kunai may have originally been masonry trowels used by peasants, and that really doesn't work with the Dax's samurai schtick.

That early pistol seems like a good idea, especially given its single shot nature fits well for a skill cast.

Well, if I had to make a couple suggestions on that score, here's some stuff that really might make that pistol pop:

1. Think of it more like an ability you deploy by pressing Y (not unlike the Duviri shotgun I just did) than a dedicated weapon like the Lex Prime or Vasto Prime.

2. Make it feed into melee somehow, encouraging a melee-heavy playstyle for maximum effectiveness. There's a shotgun pistol I did awhile back that refills itself on melee kills, for example.

3 The fewer rounds the pistol holds, the more you have to make them feel... impactfulI feel like we definitely don't want this to feel like a machine pistol, but one round may not be the best idea. No more than three, otherwise it might feel too much like a revolver-type weapon.

Unless you want to do an Exergis-like thing where there's not much of a boundary between the one round magazine and the ammo reserves.

btw, what the p2020 did to apex legends ? I dont now that game well.

Well, making a long story short, the '2020 is generally agreed to be the absolute bottom tier for gear in that game. Unlike the Sirocco, you can mod it, you can add stuff onto the '2020, it's just...

damn near everything else you pick up can do its job better. Even the next-worst weapon, the RE-45, is leaps and bounds ahead cause it's full auto and has higher DPS. Incidentally, I've considered having a Warframeified RE-45 at some point, as a Tenno gun - long story short, it's basically a machine pistol combined with a race gun. Just, overall, a lot of fun to whip out and start blasting.

Plus, it had a hop-up (essentially this is Apex Legends' version of augment mods) called Disruptor Rounds that dealt bonus damage to shields. And I feel like that's the most fertile ground for this Warframeified gun 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

. You're also working on a frame that uses dead Dax and puppeteering parts of them? What are the odds.

It's even closer them , mine is supposed to have a tap and hold mechanics. Tap uses the weapons , hold summons it user and disables the skill. 

It was supposed to be horse rider frame , than became a necromancer that summons ghost of formar allies including the horse and at last I got the current version of Dax with former teammates weapons stick.

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Make it feed into melee somehow, encouraging a melee-heavy playstyle for maximum effectiveness. There's a shotgun pistol I did awhile back that refills itself on melee kills, for example.

Pushing the entire frame on a close quarters combat is the way to go. I will leave just the bow skill as ranged option and it will re related to cc , debuff or some form of damage that can't kill ( like % current hp that can't be over 50% ). I also remenber the doom ethernal shot gun. I'm looking at doom ethernal and uttakill for inspiration given the skill cast nature of their guns.

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Think of it more like an ability you deploy by pressing Y (not unlike the Duviri shotgun I just did) than a dedicated weapon like the Lex Prime or Vasto Prime.

The frame will have at least 3 weapon related abilities,  if I make than exalted the frame will be just a loadout , single shot gun , bow and hight impact single swing is that way to go.

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

The fewer rounds the pistol holds, the more you have to make them feel... impactfulI feel like we definitely don't want this to feel like a machine pistol, but one round may not be the best idea. No more than three, otherwise it might feel too much like a revolver-type weapon.

I'm going for just 1 and I might go as far as to have it on cd after cast.

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Well, making a long story short, the '2020 is generally agreed to be the absolute bottom tier for gear in that game. Unlike the Sirocco, you can mod it, you can add stuff onto the '2020, it's just...

damn near everything else you pick up can do its job better. Even the next-worst weapon, the RE-45, is leaps and bounds ahead cause it's full auto and has higher DPS. Incidentally, I've considered having a Warframeified RE-45 at some point, as a Tenno gun - long story short, it's basically a machine pistol combined with a race gun. Just, overall, a lot of fun to whip out and start blasting.

Plus, it had a hop-up (essentially this is Apex Legends' version of augment mods) called Disruptor Rounds that dealt bonus damage to shields. And I feel like that's the most fertile

That's a way longer history than expected also quite interesting 

42 minutes ago, keikogi said:

The frame will have at least 3 weapon related abilities,  if I make than exalted the frame will be just a loadout , single shot gun , bow and hight impact single swing is that way to go.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

...I don't think that's a good idea. I may have misinterpreted you on that score (sorry).

43 minutes ago, keikogi said:

That's a way longer history than expected also quite interesting 

It could be longer! :P 

But anyway tl;doctor, the p2020 is outclassed by literally everything else somehow.

44 minutes ago, keikogi said:

It was supposed to be horse rider frame , than became a necromancer that summons ghost of formar allies including the horse and at last I got the current version of Dax with former teammates weapons stick.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Hmmmm.... What if, then, you thought of the "former teammates weapons" schtick as kinda like moves in a fighting game? . Like... I don't know, the polearm ability has long range and shoots lightning.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Hmmmm.... What if, then, you thought of the "former teammates weapons" schtick as kinda like moves in a fighting game? . Like... I don't know, the polearm ability has long range and shoots lightning

Pretty much , the idea now it , 1 is quick katana slash , the 2 is shotgun blast so strong it pushes the enemies soul out of its body ( soul share damage with the body but only take damage from skills or void damage ) , the 3 is a bow shot that does I don't know and the 4th is I don't know either