Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

2 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

It really shows how much you have refined your polish with this new picture. Great work. 

On 2/11/2023 at 5:33 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

THanks so much lol

Honestly though, I just figured that with how boxy and simple this was, I had no excuse to have this look as grunge as it did before. Though I do feel like  I miss some of the original pistol grip's texture. 

It is funny that the Paris bow has so many lights on it despite being a simple bow and that is considered a stealth weapon. 

On 2/11/2023 at 5:33 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Maybe it's like Astartes Stealth lol - the aesthetic and fear are more important than stuff like camo. And actual stealth lol. Or that's just the Orokin being Orokin. 

Illegal, this is a requirement. You have made a grave mistake mister.

I regert nothing

maxresdefault.jpg

Stat block looks great, a little low for a semi but not every gun has to be whizz gun. Glad to see the old bird back in action.

I was a little wary of making it too much better than the Lex Prime at the time tbh. And since the Lex Prime's stats haven't changed, I didn't see the need. I could maybe up the damage numbers by ten or so to make sure it has about 12.5% more damage than Lex Prime...

• Like 2

This has, so far, been a good update. We got to see Regor again, we got some L O R E and characters other than "warframe" or "bastardous executor," some info on how the world works, and something that ties some of Warframe's early days back to WF's current more bizarre, cosmic feeling.

(What's with the tubficids?)

I haven't gotten through all of this, I'm only about 10 minutes in, but I'm enjoying this so far. 10/2 knackstapeece.

• Like 1

Buff notes:

Charbon Prime's headshot multiplier has been increased from 3.6x to 3.9x. To compensate, base damage has been reduced by 6.25%.

Why: 

1. the Charbon Prime is an anti-CC pistol. Sort of. It was intended as kind of an inversion of my normal revolver formula of "getting a headshot does something" - in the Charbon's case,  the crowd control effect happens on body shots and misses, while the headshots only do massive damage. Giving it 30% bonus headshot damage should make headshots feel much more impactful... and likely proc the splinters more often.

2. I have the thread's fifth Jakobs ricochet gun (the others are the Jubal, Oribi, Adjudicas, and this one) planned, and I needed to make that one stand out a little.

3. Actually, I wonder what the sixth could be like.

4. Fun fact: the Charbon is inspired by this version of Logan's Gun. The mateba-inspired cylinder nonsense is because that was the only way I could think of to make the cylinder easily reloaded.

9aaf9c4fdc2819ccc15951c87d62a90d.jpg

5. For some reason, I'm remembering how the current Russian AK-12 sometimes fires three rounds of its two-round burst. That'd be funny to include in the lore for a Grineer AR.

"An emergency rifle brought out from the Grineer Empire's stocks on Saturn. A manufacturing defect caused the burst system to malfunction, breaking its two-round-burst and making it alternate between two and three round bursts. After the death of Ballas, these weapons were mothballed, and... appropriated... by Darvo, who sold them to Steel Meridian at a fraction of their original value.

As a result, it's developed a reputation as a weapon that's not quite on the level of the Origin System's few professional militaries, but is just close enough."

8frvdii17u051.jpg?auto=webp&s=ca4e8c412a

(Placeholder image)

6. Am I sure I don't have undiagnosed ADHD, especially because I'm posting this while I should be working on an art commission?

Anyway, here's some of the revised stats.

On 6/28/2022 at 4:49 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Charbon Prime' Revolver

“This revolver fires hollowpoint rounds tipped with void crystals. Upon impact, the crystal fragments are flung outward, ripping through vulnerable flesh. Upon headshots, however, the fragments change trajectory and arc back to the original point of impact, lacerating the skull. On headshot kills, however, fragments home in on nearby enemies. Strangely, the combined mass of fragments far exceeds the mass before the original shattering.

Hold down the trigger to increase its punch-through.”

--Codex

tenno__charbon__revolver_by_fluffywolf36

Lore

This was one of the strangest commissions I made.”
–Haruka Lorne

STAT NOTES:
There’s a cosmetic effect on headshots of the fragments spraying out and arcing back towards the head. In terms of gameplay, it’s just expressed as bonus headshot damage. Actually statting those projectiles was too much work, and it would run the risk of every headshot possibly being able to deal like 12 status effects and crit 12 times. I don’t think that’s a good idea. I’ll go into that in Artist Notes.

STATS

Noise: Alarming

Magazine: 7

Reload: 2.6s

Trigger: charge

Normal Attacks

Fire Rate: 2.8s

Damage: 135

63 Slash

48 impact

24 Puncture

Critical Chance: 27%

Critical Multiplier: 2.1x

Headshot Multiplier: 3.9x

Status Chance: 27%
Projectile Type: Hitscan

Splinters

Projectiles: 3

Damage: 60

36 Slash

24 Puncture

Critical Chance: 27%

Critical Multiplier: 2.2x

Status Chance: 27%
Projectile Type: Non-hitscan

Artist Notes

So, I have… a number of weapons that are dependent on headshots for crowd control. There’s the Makina, Vernal, and Athenaeum, which do radial damage on headshots (and are, quite frankly, a nightmare to balance). There’s also the Jubal and Adjudicas, which have headshot ricochets like a Jakobs except they can be pushed to ridiculous extents. There’s also the Oribi (that’s old lol) that just has the Jakobs ricochet combined with the Peacekeeper from Apex, and also the Un Lobito (GUITAR CHORD) revolver, which does heat damage explosions on headshot kills.

So eventually I asked myself: “How do I make the opposite?”

And this was the answer - something that does more crowd control on body shots, but not headshots. To compensate, it has great headshot damage. I balanced this against the Estampida pistol (which is 4 years old. Man, that art needs a remaster) so it does less damage, especially on headshots. The homing on headshot kills is just because… at that point? Why not.

Trying to create this gimmick was actually surprisingly difficult. Originally, I planned on making each fragment individually do damage, and that was… that was too much work. There’s three reasons for this.

First, it means I’m not giving it the ability to do up to 12 status effects on one headshot. Assuming a riven isn’t in play.  I’ve never balanced a game in my life, but that sounds like a nightmare.

Secondly, it means I’m not being forced to twist the stats into a pretzel by giving it less than 80 damage. Thirdly, it means more immediate headshot damage - Warframe exists in a space where dead is the best CC, and an extra second or so to kill enemies might make this feel a bit… off.

• Like 3

In light of the next gun I make, I'm adding some buffs to the Somin of all things. Crazy, huh? So anyway, here's some changes.

Lore Changes:
The furniture of the gun, while looking like it's made from some kind of polymer, is actually semibiological. This helps it conform to your perfect grip, regulate temperature, and heal itself. Just assume this is true of most of the Tenno guns I've made. 
The Somin is capable of healing itself and fixing its own jams. This is because its internals would look kind of like this.

Isthisguro.jpg

(good lawd)

Stat Changes
Status chance buffed to 18%
Critical Multiplier increased to 2.0x
Damage increased from 8 to 10 (the slightly lower damage is meant to be compensated by its higher fire rate and higher status)
Somin is now capable of increasing health regeneration and decreasing shield recharge delay on kills. THis is cause of the gun's self-heal.

On 5/24/2019 at 6:02 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

tenno__somin__auto_burst_rifle_by_haruax

Tenno ‘Somin’ Auto-Burst rifle

Designed by the makers of the Soma along similar principles to the Avakan, the Somin’s burst-auto and blowback-shifted pulse mechanism are designed to force as much damage into as small an area as possible.”

Special Traits: Getting kills with this weapon increases health regeneration and decreases shield recharge delay.

LORE

“I’ve taken a look at the internals here, and I can only hope that this doesn’t break. You’d need a whole foundry to take it apart and put it back together!”

Tenno “Haruka Lorne,” callsign Fluffy Wolf 36.

Designed to hammer through Sentient armor, the Somin’s absurdly complicated internals allow it to fire in four-round burst, automatically and increasing in fire rate. To cut down on weapon length and the already absurdly high potential for malfunctions, the weapon feeds from a more conventional static 80-round box magazine, as opposed to the typical “harmonica” magazine common to most Soma series weapons.

Where weapons like the Tarvoss or Harken focused on opening up weakpoints, and the Avakan was built to hammer targets in short bursts and/or overwhelm them, the Soma’s manufacturers created the Somin to push Sentient damage resistances to their limits. Surprisingly, its nature as a bullpup gave it great utility in the tight quarters of spaceships and mines. Rumor has it that this one of the first guns that Grineer battalions were ever trusted to use.

This continues into the present day with the rediscovery of its blueprint, with Tenno, Level Dawn, Ganymede Gendarmerie, Steel Meridian, and Solaris United operatives clamoring to use it as their primary longarm in cramped confines where a pistol simply is not enough.

For a gun with such overcomplicated internals, this might seem counterintuitive. Why trust Grineer - even Steel Meridian - with a gun that, once the semibiological furniture of the gun is removed, bears a resemblance to a cuckoo clock with a barrel and trigger sticking out? Well, the answer is simple: the gun is capable of healing itself to fix any james, malfunctions, and other such issues from a reservoir of material kept in the stock.

Some of this healing can be passed on to the Tenno that wields it, increasing health regen for each kill and decreasing shield recharge delay.

Its bullpup configuration also gives it slightly above-average aiming speed, handling, and slightly lowered weight.

Artist Notes

Fun fact: It sounds exactly like the M41A1 Pulse Rifle. 

*BRRRRRRRRRRT intensifies*

Normally I'd say "You wanted this. Don't lie" but the truth is that I did it because I wanted to.

I think the most surprising thing about this gun is how old it is. I’ve wanted to do something like this since before February, maybe even since last fall… but, well I had a lot of burst weaponry planned. Like the Tarvoss, the Axon, the Hypodermis, the Straug, (SOON™) an untitled Corpus burst rifle with the Headseeker perk, and I felt like this thing would just… start making my thread samey. I thought that an auto burst and bullpup Soma was a cool idea, so I decided to make this!

Also, PREVIEW TIME! Here’s what’s next.

1. I’m definitely going to revisit some of my older guns like the Avakan and Balaenis, because next to the Depezador they’re some of the oldest guns in this thread. Also, unlike the Depezador, they don’t have stats.

2. The Straug will be coming soon. Like, after the next weapon I do. A dood has to mix things up. Y’know?  And - to contrast the Somin here - the Straug will be more status-focused. This seemed like a funny gimmick to mix with status. So I was like “ehhhh why not”

3. Somin Prime! Cause like hek I was gonna just let this be as (intentionally ) weak as it is here.

Stats

Magazine size: 80

Trigger: Auto-Burst-spool (Burstfires automatically, but the bursts fire faster and the delay grows smaller the longer you hold the trigger)
(Reaches full fire rate after 10 rounds fired) 
Noise Level: M41A1 Pulse Rifle (alarming)

Burst Count 4
Burst Delay: (unspooled) 0.4s
Burst Delay: (spooled) 0.05s
Spool Period: 10 rounds

Damage: 10
    4 Slash
    4.8 Puncture
    1.2 Impact

Crit Chance: 28% 
Crit Multiplier: 3.0x 
Status Chance: 18% 
Rate Of Fire: 
    10.2 (unspooled) 
    16.8 (spooled) 
Reload: 2.4s
Punch-Through - 0.5

If these stats don’t work…  please let me know. This is very difficult.

• Like 1

Tenno 'Vipsania' Auto-burst DMR

“One of numerous customized Tenno competition pieces for target shooting, along with gladiatorial bouts and training exercises. A project characteristic of Haruka Lorne, pushing a weapon beyond its limits to the point of absurdity. This is the result - an auto-burst firearm that hammers into enemies with tightly grouped 5-round bursts.

Landing all five rounds of a burst adds two rounds into the mag. Tap altfire for increased zoom!”
--Codex

Special Traits:

+20% bonus headshot damage
Adds two rounds into the mag for landing all five rounds of a burst on an enemy. 
Tap altfire for increased zoom.

tenno__vipsania__autoburst_dmr_by_fluffy

Lore

A well-loved Tenno competition piece.

The Vipsania blurs the line between assault rifle and marksman rifle. A single shot lets loose a penetrating, hammering five-round burst… and automatically cycles between them without the need to take the finger off the trigger. 

This gives it excellent rate of fire, but there’s one issue: the Vipsania’s recoil isn’t particularly controllable. Pausing between shots will almost ensure that each shot lands in the same spot, while spray-firing it like a conventional assault rifle will send the rounds of a burst flying wild.

This is unfortunate, because an advanced Orokin something-or-other adds two rounds into the magazine if you land all five rounds on a target. 

This was what made it such a valued competition piece. While a Soma Prime is more accurate in sustained fire, the Vipsania was meant to teach its users patience, accuracy, and trigger discipline.

In addition, it has a somewhat longer-than-average reload. It loads from an en-bloc magazine slotted into the receiver from just in front of the sighs, not unlike a pre-space M1 Garand.

Unlike the Haoma or its sibling, the Somin, the Vipsania is made to saturate enemies with status effects.

Its critical stats slightly lag behind its contemporaries, but few firearms pack the sheer one-burst devastation of the Vipsania. It punches through armor and lacerates flesh, making it an excellent choice for use against Infested fauna, chinks in Grineer armor… and, surprisingly, other Tenno. It doesn’t have the sheer staggering power of a Quartakk, but a properly aimed shot will rip apart whatever it hits.

While a capable weapon in its own right, the Vipsania was often used to train Tenno - particularly those Warborn* who had been “artificially induced” through the use of-

[Codex Edit: “Artificially Induced” is a misnomer - we’ll get to that in the Codex glossary. ~Haruka Lorne]

Burstfire was originally introduced by the Tenno to make weapons easier to learn. So as such, the Vipsania was often used to train Tenno how to compensate for recoil, to understand spray patterns, and shoot on the move.

If that was all, the Vipsania would’ve been relegated to a status not unlike the ceremonial weapons loaded onto the original Zariman. In fact, it came close - numerous Tenno, such as Ginebra Oster, Thane McCrinn, Yassin R____, and even its designer Haruka Lorne found themselves casting it away for arsenals so increasingly large that it would be pointless to list every weapon. (Though the Soma Prime was notably included in said arsenals. Tenno rarely find themselves getting rid of a Soma Prime.)

And, perhaps because of this ease of use, it found its way into various Tenno gladiatorial performances, watched by Orokin elite.

Tenno would land tightly grouped bursts on each other as they attempted to retrieve Cephalons, use it to guard capture targets, and in various deathmatches. But perhaps the most interesting use was in Dax Hunts.

During the Dax Hunts**, a Tenno would often be armed with a Vipsania, and they would attempt to outwit Dax soldiers. These soldiers were allowed to use virtually any tool in their arsenal short of the Jade Light. This was, in all likelihood, a way to prove to a beaten and battered Old War-era population that the Golden Lords had some level of control over the Tenno, however faltering.

While Tenno seemed to lose these exercises often - their weapons yanked off-track by Dax who would bellow command words, among other occurrences - the simple fact was, the Tenno used these exercises as training for their inevitable work of destroying the Orokin. 

Make no mistake - there were plenty of monsters in human form that existed in the fraying edges of the Origin System, desperate people who saw the darkness of the Orokin and resolved that the only way to beat that darkness was to become it. And the Tenno gained no small amount of deserved acclaim for ending their cruelty.

But at the end of the day, the end goal was to end the golden reign, the era the Bidanians refer to as the Long Winter - and the Vipsania helped the Tenno do it.

Codex notes

* Warborn: Haruka Lorne here: “Artificial” is a misnomer. What they did was attempt to recreate the Zariman Accident with the wreck of the Zariman to create new generations of Te-

What? The wreck came back. It would have to have come back for us to be here in the first place. So logically, for a Zariman to have emerged from the void, they would have had to lose it again. And they lost the wreck of the Zariman by deliberately replicating Archimedean Yonta’s calculation errors, using Old War human debris to create new Tenno.
Then, one day, the Orokin tried using oHumans held by Old Lokites. Using unmodified, earthborn humans, the way it was before the Orokin set up the moon as the seat of a new empire. Ship just up and disappeared that time. I guess it just didn't like that.

Come to think of it, I’m not entirely sure the Zariman where I have a dormizone is the Zariman I traveled on all those millennia ago. 

Cause... you know what's funny? I don't remember Cavalero at all. We're good enough friends, he likes the modern guns and melee weapons I give him - he's particularly taken with my spare Prisma Gorgon - but I swear on the Forgotten Gods, I do not remember him on the first voyage.

Sure, why would a child on the voyage who preferred playing Shawzin in her duct hideout remember the head of security? But Cavalero... he's got a really distinct voice. Raspy, scarred by tabacc, or something. I'm certain I'd never heard that voice before I set foot on the Zariman.

I did find my duct hideout, though. Or at least, I found one that looked like mine, in the same general area, with the same drawings and same Virmink floof. And same pictus floof. Little threadbare, but…

I don’t remember having two 
pictus floofs.

~Haruka Lorne

** These are exactly what they sound like. It’d be… up to four Tenno, outnumbered by a Dax or members of another warrior caste. The task was for one team to subdue the other, nonlethally. Or at least, nonlethal with Orokin medicine and weapons technology. Allegedly, a test of martial prowess, but…

…Well. Haruka, Lotus, and whoever else wrote this Codex entry put it well enough. It was mostly a show of dominance. And the Dax and other officials weren’t particularly happy with you if you won.

~Thane McCrinn

STATS

• Trigger:  Auto Burst

• Burst Count: 5

• Burst Delay: 0.11

• Burst Rate: 15.4

• Fire Rate: 8.131 (I guess?)

• Reload: 3.5

• Magazine: 60

• Damage: 36

• 19 impact

• 12 slash

• 5  Puncture

• Critical Chance: 19%

• Critical Multiplier: 2.4x

• Status Chance: 38%

• Headshot Multiplier: 3.6x

• Punch-Through: 0.4m

Artist Notes

The lore for this was originally inspired by the BXR-55 from Destiny 2, on account of me wondering “Wait. How does a burstfire rifle get used as a competition piece? Normally those are semiauto or bolt action.”

The aesthetic, however comes from both the Reactive G7 skin (for shape) and Nausicaa’s gun from Nausicaa and the Valley Of The Wind. This originally looked… not unlike the Rampart 17 from Black Ops 4. Very similar silhouette, etc. But I got to thinking that lots of assault rifles I’ve made have… pretty normal magazines. I’m not gonna list all of them (that’d be crazy) but lots of them have the mag in just… places you’d expect, with relatively normal reloads. The Hyron and Strigoi are probably the strangest. The mohb gets an honorable mention for just having a weird mag. Sometimes I wonder if my attention to historical designs is an achilles heel…

Anyway, this is an attempt to make a more offbeat assault rifle. It loads like an M1 Garand! 

The crunch of this weapon - the general function and all - come from Aliens Fireteam. See, Aliens Fireteam has this gun called the AM-16 Gruppa, which is classified as a DMR despite being three-round auto burst. The intended use, I think, is “Pause between shots so each round lands in the same place for massive status and stagger chance.”

The game’s other auto burst weapon, by the way, is a gun that’s a little more of an SMG/AR hybrid than the Gruppa’s DMR/AR hybrid. This is territory I feel pretty confident I’ve covered with the Straug and Somin. Speaking of which, this now outclasses the Straug, so pretend that now there exists a Kuva Straug or something.

I might stat that, but I’m not a hundred percent sure how to write lore for Kuva weapons and it’ll only just be a recolor and I just… I don’t enjoy that.

Anyway, the Gruppa is something I wanted to channel here. That’s why it has so much impact and bleed, that’s why it emphasizes getting each round of the burst in the same place. 

“Vipsania” was also the name of the wife of Tiberius.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2

On 11/8/2022 at 2:19 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:
  • fReemade: In fact, they’re the ones who gave it the name “Rockhopper Heaven.” The fReemade are a loose coalition of Solaris who managed to jailbreak their bodies and render them untraceable to Corpus repo men. Often, they reconfigure themselves into barely-human configurations, such as extra arms, and legs that can transform into arms for extra utility in zero-gravity environments.

•  

I really gotta do something more with these guys.

Funny story by the way - Awhile back, I planned on making the Cursed Moon into lovecraftian posthumans because they were designed from the very beginning to look unsettling. But just today, I realized the fReemade (and Corpus) are basically Mi-Gou, what with their tendency to debrain people. That's pretty screwed up, huh?

Also, the Dhoul pistol now shoots antimatter. I do this because I can.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Vipsania' Auto-burst DMR

“One of numerous customized Tenno competition pieces for target shooting, along with gladiatorial bouts and training exercises. A project characteristic of Haruka Lorne, pushing a weapon beyond its limits to the point of absurdity. This is the result - an auto-burst firearm that hammers into enemies with tightly grouped 5-round bursts.

Landing all five rounds of a burst adds two rounds into the mag. Tap altfire for increased zoom!”
--Codex

Special Traits:

+20% bonus headshot damage
Adds two rounds into the mag for landing all five rounds of a burst on an enemy. 
Tap altfire for increased zoom.

Lore

A well-loved Tenno competition piece.

The Vipsania blurs the line between assault rifle and marksman rifle. A single shot lets loose a penetrating, hammering five-round burst… and automatically cycles between them without the need to take the finger off the trigger. 

This gives it excellent rate of fire, but there’s one issue: the Vipsania’s recoil isn’t particularly controllable. Pausing between shots will almost ensure that each shot lands in the same spot, while spray-firing it like a conventional assault rifle will send the rounds of a burst flying wild.

This is unfortunate, because an advanced Orokin something-or-other adds two rounds into the magazine if you land all five rounds on a target. 

This was what made it such a valued competition piece. While a Soma Prime is more accurate in sustained fire, the Vipsania was meant to teach its users patience, accuracy, and trigger discipline.

In addition, it has a somewhat longer-than-average reload. It loads from an en-bloc magazine slotted into the receiver from just in front of the sighs, not unlike a pre-space M1 Garand.

Unlike the Haoma or its sibling, the Somin, the Vipsania is made to saturate enemies with status effects.

Its critical stats slightly lag behind its contemporaries, but few firearms pack the sheer one-burst devastation of the Vipsania. It punches through armor and lacerates flesh, making it an excellent choice for use against Infested fauna, chinks in Grineer armor… and, surprisingly, other Tenno. It doesn’t have the sheer staggering power of a Quartakk, but a properly aimed shot will rip apart whatever it hits.

While a capable weapon in its own right, the Vipsania was often used to train Tenno - particularly those Warborn* who had been “artificially induced” through the use of-

[Codex Edit: “Artificially Induced” is a misnomer - we’ll get to that in the Codex glossary. ~Haruka Lorne]

Burstfire was originally introduced by the Tenno to make weapons easier to learn. So as such, the Vipsania was often used to train Tenno how to compensate for recoil, to understand spray patterns, and shoot on the move.

If that was all, the Vipsania would’ve been relegated to a status not unlike the ceremonial weapons loaded onto the original Zariman. In fact, it came close - numerous Tenno, such as Ginebra Oster, Thane McCrinn, Yassin R____, and even its designer Haruka Lorne found themselves casting it away for arsenals so increasingly large that it would be pointless to list every weapon. (Though the Soma Prime was notably included in said arsenals. Tenno rarely find themselves getting rid of a Soma Prime.)

And, perhaps because of this ease of use, it found its way into various Tenno gladiatorial performances, watched by Orokin elite.

Tenno would land tightly grouped bursts on each other as they attempted to retrieve Cephalons, use it to guard capture targets, and in various deathmatches. But perhaps the most interesting use was in Dax Hunts.

During the Dax Hunts**, a Tenno would often be armed with a Vipsania, and they would attempt to outwit Dax soldiers. These soldiers were allowed to use virtually any tool in their arsenal short of the Jade Light. This was, in all likelihood, a way to prove to a beaten and battered Old War-era population that the Golden Lords had some level of control over the Tenno, however faltering.

While Tenno seemed to lose these exercises often - their weapons yanked off-track by Dax who would bellow command words, among other occurrences - the simple fact was, the Tenno used these exercises as training for their inevitable work of destroying the Orokin. 

Make no mistake - there were plenty of monsters in human form that existed in the fraying edges of the Origin System, desperate people who saw the darkness of the Orokin and resolved that the only way to beat that darkness was to become it. And the Tenno gained no small amount of deserved acclaim for ending their cruelty.

But at the end of the day, the end goal was to end the golden reign, the era the Bidanians refer to as the Long Winter - and the Vipsania helped the Tenno do it.

Codex notes

* Warborn: Haruka Lorne here: “Artificial” is a misnomer. What they did was attempt to recreate the Zariman Accident with the wreck of the Zariman to create new generations of Te-

What? The wreck came back. It would have to have come back for us to be here in the first place. So logically, for a Zariman to have emerged from the void, they would have had to lose it again. And they lost the wreck of the Zariman by deliberately replicating Archimedean Yonta’s calculation errors, using Old War human debris to create new Tenno.
Then, one day, the Orokin tried using oHumans held by Old Lokites. Using unmodified, earthborn humans, the way it was before the Orokin set up the moon as the seat of a new empire. Ship just up and disappeared that time. I guess it just didn't like that.

Come to think of it, I’m not entirely sure the Zariman where I have a dormizone is the Zariman I traveled on all those millennia ago. 

Cause... you know what's funny? I don't remember Cavalero at all. We're good enough friends, he likes the modern guns and melee weapons I give him - he's particularly taken with my spare Prisma Gorgon - but I swear on the Forgotten Gods, I do not remember him on the first voyage.

Sure, why would a child on the voyage who preferred playing Shawzin in her duct hideout remember the head of security? But Cavalero... he's got a really distinct voice. Raspy, scarred by tabacc, or something. I'm certain I'd never heard that voice before I set foot on the Zariman.

I did find my duct hideout, though. Or at least, I found one that looked like mine, in the same general area, with the same drawings and same Virmink floof. And same pictus floof. Little threadbare, but…

I don’t remember having two 
pictus floofs.

~Haruka Lorne

** These are exactly what they sound like. It’d be… up to four Tenno, outnumbered by a Dax or members of another warrior caste. The task was for one team to subdue the other, nonlethally. Or at least, nonlethal with Orokin medicine and weapons technology. Allegedly, a test of martial prowess, but…

…Well. Haruka, Lotus, and whoever else wrote this Codex entry put it well enough. It was mostly a show of dominance. And the Dax and other officials weren’t particularly happy with you if you won.

~Thane McCrinn

STATS

• Trigger:  Auto Burst

• Burst Count: 5

• Burst Delay: 0.2

• Burst Rate: 16

• Reload: 3.5

• Magazine: 50

• Damage: 36

• 19 impact

• 12 slash

• 5  Puncture

• Critical Chance: 19%

• Critical Multiplier: 2.4x

• Status Chance: 38%

• Headshot Multiplier: 3.6x

• Punch-Through: 0.4m

Artist Notes

The lore for this was originally inspired by the BXR-55 from Destiny 2, on account of me wondering “Wait. How does a burstfire rifle get used as a competition piece? Normally those are semiauto or bolt action.”

The aesthetic, however comes from both the Reactive G7 skin (for shape) and Nausicaa’s gun from Nausicaa and the Valley Of The Wind. This originally looked… not unlike the Rampart 17 from Black Ops 4. Very similar silhouette, etc. But I got to thinking that lots of assault rifles I’ve made have… pretty normal magazines. I’m not gonna list all of them (that’d be crazy) but lots of them have the mag in just… places you’d expect, with relatively normal reloads. The Hyron and Strigoi are probably the strangest. The mohb gets an honorable mention for just having a weird mag. Sometimes I wonder if my attention to historical designs is an achilles heel…

Anyway, this is an attempt to make a more offbeat assault rifle. It loads like an M1 Garand! 

The crunch of this weapon - the general function and all - come from Aliens Fireteam. See, Aliens Fireteam has this gun called the AM-16 Gruppa, which is classified as a DMR despite being three-round auto burst. The intended use, I think, is “Pause between shots so each round lands in the same place for massive status and stagger chance.”

The game’s other auto burst weapon, by the way, is a gun that’s a little more of an SMG/AR hybrid than the Gruppa’s DMR/AR hybrid. This is territory I feel pretty confident I’ve covered with the Straug and Somin. Speaking of which, this now outclasses the Straug, so pretend that now there exists a Kuva Straug or something.

I might stat that, but I’m not a hundred percent sure how to write lore for Kuva weapons and it’ll only just be a recolor and I just… I don’t enjoy that.

Anyway, the Gruppa is something I wanted to channel here. That’s why it has so much impact and bleed, that’s why it emphasizes getting each round of the burst in the same place. 

“Vipsania” was also the name of the wife of Tiberius.

This gun looks sleek! I like the idea of another 5 round burst gun that's not the hind/kuva hind, and I that it gets ammo back if the entire burst hits as well as the innate punch through.

2 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

This gun looks sleek!

Thanks so much! Something about it just feels like the most... together... Tenno gun I've done in awhile. =D At least since the Estampida. This, by the way, is the Apex skin that was such a big influence:

Ew-dZdiUUAIAMRn.jpg:large

I like the idea of another 5 round burst gun that's not the hind/kuva hind,

5-round burst does feel a wee bit neglected, doesn't it? As does burst in general what with DE leaning so hard into more offbeat guns like the Steflos. It's kinda sad, burst opens up a lot of unique design space that Destiny 2 mines like they'll never find another vein. They've got the 2-round burst graviton lance, 3-round burst rifles, 4-round burst rifles, one 5-round burst... and I've done plenty of really weird things with burst on this thread. Like with the Tarvoss.

I've toyed with making a 5-round burst pistol sometime, I've just never gotten around to it. It'll probably be Tenno.

Incidentally, how would you feel about me making the next SMG I post 5-round auto burst? I'm uh... I'm still working out a lot of the kinks on it and that could be an interesting one.

3 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

and I that it gets ammo back if the entire burst hits as well as the innate punch through.

I had it in mind that these were the two traits that'd make it most fun. The refunding ammo is actually kind of a funny story - I was playing enter the gungeon and got an item that adds an extra round into the magazine if you land 3 shots, and I had a 3-round burst weapon (either the Emperor or the Laser Rifle). And i was like "Wait - getting an extra round for each burst landed is really rewarding!"

• Like 1

16 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Thanks so much! Something about it just feels like the most... together... Tenno gun I've done in awhile. =D At least since the Estampida. This, by the way, is the Apex skin that was such a big influence:

Ew-dZdiUUAIAMRn.jpg:large

5-round burst does feel a wee bit neglected, doesn't it? As does burst in general what with DE leaning so hard into more offbeat guns like the Steflos. It's kinda sad, burst opens up a lot of unique design space that Destiny 2 mines like they'll never find another vein. They've got the 2-round burst graviton lance, 3-round burst rifles, 4-round burst rifles, one 5-round burst... and I've done plenty of really weird things with burst on this thread. Like with the Tarvoss.

I've toyed with making a 5-round burst pistol sometime, I've just never gotten around to it. It'll probably be Tenno.

Incidentally, how would you feel about me making the next SMG I post 5-round auto burst? I'm uh... I'm still working out a lot of the kinks on it and that could be an interesting one.

I had it in mind that these were the two traits that'd make it most fun. The refunding ammo is actually kind of a funny story - I was playing enter the gungeon and got an item that adds an extra round into the magazine if you land 3 shots, and I had a 3-round burst weapon (either the Emperor or the Laser Rifle). And i was like "Wait - getting an extra round for each burst landed is really rewarding!"

A 5 round burst smg sounds fun.

• Like 1

The design of the barrel reminds me a lot of a woodwind instrument. It's fairly unique to say the least. I can imagine the muzzle flash looking like a cycling V10 and I'm all for it. 

On 2/18/2023 at 9:41 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ginebra Oster, Thane McCrinn, Yassin R____, and even its designer Haruka Lorne

Hmm.

gladiatorial bouts

HMMM.

Dax Hunts

HMMMMM.

In all seriousness, I really like the lore behind this weapon. It opens up a lot of possibilities for Tenno during peacetime. They kind of have Space Marine syndrome, where it's kind of hard to imagine them working in Orokin society after the war. But theres another glimpse. I really like this. The exaggerated hmms are me realizing how much we vibe on the same energy when it comes to them working. On the off chance that I ever finish Baba Abi's origin story, theres a lot of things that I could say to take this further. But for now, this was a treat to read. 

human debris

Blood Brothers enjoyer I see.

10/10, would accept such a treat on the eyes again.

4 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

In all seriousness, I really like the lore behind this weapon. It opens up a lot of possibilities for Tenno during peacetime. They kind of have Space Marine syndrome, where it's kind of hard to imagine them working in Orokin society after the war.

This is why, despite their neglect, I've found myself so intrigued by the Arbiters of Hexis - I really do find myself tempted to ask "and then what?" Like, you have this undying killing machine, that's apparently capable of possessing things other than Frames and is a "void-borne paradox"...

...and if I was to make treaties with the Grineer who forsook the queens, burned down the temple of profit, scoured the system of Infested, installed space communism, unshelved all the brains, then what? Do I just become a 7-8 foot killing machine making wine? Do I do that for 1500-3000 years of my nigh-immortal lifespan?

(no, seriously, this was Ahriman's real plan for once the Great Crusade was "over")

6 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

The design of the barrel reminds me a lot of a woodwind instrument. It's fairly unique to say the least. I can imagine the muzzle flash looking like a cycling V10 and I'm all for it. 

On 2/18/2023 at 3:41 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Does it now? Huh. that's very interesting. I don't even know where the idea of the keyholes came from now, possibly the Rubico lol

Also funnily enough, the muzzle (IDK if that's the right word) either just came from me trying to translate the scabbard of Nausicaa's sword into a muzzle, or just stretching the muzzle of the rifle into something that could contain a gas block.

The exaggerated hmms are me realizing how much we vibe on the same energy when it comes to them working.

I like to write the Orokin as sort of a mashup of Dune humanity, Dark Eldar, and Imperium of Man, with emphasis on Dark Age levels of technology and "modern" imperium levels of primitivism. There's also a bit of great crusade era humanity in there with all the emphasis on them conquering people like the Vaulters (among others).

Blood Brothers enjoyer I see.

I'm also a big fan of Witch From Mercury! :P And yes. Yes I am lol

Love Gundam lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

This is why, despite their neglect, I've found myself so intrigued by the Arbiters of Hexis - I really do find myself tempted to ask "and then what?" Like, you have this undying killing machine, that's apparently capable of possessing things other than Frames and is a "void-borne paradox"...

I have a feeling that this is a moment that some of the Orokin should have thought about when they weaponized immortal children. But I guess they were immortal already so they probably didn't see it as bad as we would as non-immortals.

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

...and if I was to make treaties with the Grineer who forsook the queens, burned down the temple of profit, scoured the system of Infested, installed space communism, unshelved all the brains, then what? Do I just become a 7-8 foot killing machine making wine? Do I do that for 1500-3000 years of my nigh-immortal lifespan?

(no, seriously, this was Ahriman's real plan for once the Great Crusade was "over")

That is actually kind of sobering, thinking what he's been doing instead all this time. But yeah, same thing with the Tenno.

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Does it now? Huh. that's very interesting. I don't even know where the idea of the keyholes came from now, possibly the Rubico lol

Also funnily enough, the muzzle (IDK if that's the right word) either just came from me trying to translate the scabbard of Nausicaa's sword into a muzzle, or just stretching the muzzle of the rifle into something that could contain a gas block.

Huh, can't find an image for that sword. I do think it's a happy accident though. It definitely makes it unique and I think that it would be practical, with the issues that you've already listed.

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I like to write the Orokin as sort of a mashup of Dune humanity, Dark Eldar, and Imperium of Man, with emphasis on Dark Age levels of technology and "modern" imperium levels of primitivism. There's also a bit of great crusade era humanity in there with all the emphasis on them conquering people like the Vaulters (among others).

I have them working like a mix of the Soviet Union, feudalism, The Empire and just a tiny bit of ancient Brahman (specifically the caste system with the religious aspect replaced with humanism).

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I'm also a big fan of Witch From Mercury! :P And yes. Yes I am lol

Love Gundam lol

Not watched much of it, but I've liked all of the Gundam I've watched.

Huh, can't find an image for that sword. I do think it's a happy accident though. It definitely makes it unique and I think that it would be practical, with the issues that you've already listed.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

nausicaa-rifle-sword-cosplay-prop-weapon

No, wait, it was definitely turning the rifle muzzle into a gas block.

Also it's almost a little more dagger or cutlass-length than sword-length.

That is actually kind of sobering, thinking what he's been doing instead all this time. But yeah, same thing with the Tenno.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ahriman is one of the most tragic Astartes of that era, not just because he's the only Astartes that seemingly wondered "what do I do next?" but because... you know, he's Ahriman. It's Ahriman, considering that he could have a life that wouldn't be the kind of hell he would inflict upon himself and others. It's hard to imagine him making wine with the millennia-long lifespan of an astartes, but if it means not being in service to satanthulhu...

...I imagine that would be better.

The runner up for that would likely be Sigismund. Sigismund's not unlike Rachel from Animorphs (weird comparison but BEAR WITH ME) in that he had a level of insight and complete lack of illusions in what he had to be...

and then he became that horrible, horrible thing.

The Empire

Incidentally, does any of that come from Andor? Friggin love andor lol

After years of people making the Empire eviler by making them commit a new war crime every week, it's interesting to see a depiction of the Empire that's so unsettlingly... normal. It's evil because it's so monolithic.

And yes, I say this having had the Orokin in this universe murder people for the crime of "fleeing the empire." 

• Like 1

CUT CONTENT

the_supercollider_by_fluffywolf36_dfpxyk

Yes, I have cut content now. Crazy stuff lol

But all seriousness, this was originally going to be another pistol for this thread. But, well, I've got 3-5 pre-made weapons for fanmade factions in my photoshop cloud, and only one Tenno gun. Something about that made me just... realize...

this pistol here was too Destiny.

The one thing I've always worried about doing here was the same thing that undercut my love of Runescape - the fact that I johnlock conspiracy'd myself into almost thinking I was playing an entirely different game, and having that many guns from an original faction compared to the bizarre aesthetics that originally drew me in to this game didn't seem healthy. Especially when I genuinely love drawing regular old ballistic weapons for the Tenno.

And also? Everyone will be able to tell that this is based on Graviton Lance. At least when I do something like making the Vlcak, I put lots of my own spin on it, but there didn't seem like there was any of that here.

I think I have a Prime Vlcak drawing somewhere. That'd be baller if I got to it.tenno__vlcak__heavy_machine_pistol_by_fl

• Like 2

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Incidentally, does any of that come from Andor? Friggin love andor lol

After years of people making the Empire eviler by making them commit a new war crime every week, it's interesting to see a depiction of the Empire that's so unsettlingly... normal. It's evil because it's so monolithic.

Andor was something I was skeptical about at first, but since watching it I've found it very hard to engage with other star wars media. It is some of the best TV I've ever watched. It also was a massive Chernobyl reunion, which was hilarious. I definitely had a lot of the themes it had going on already, only it made me realise that there is more I could do with those themes and also not to be worried about making the story sci fi. At the end of the day, people are still people.

nausicaa-rifle-sword-cosplay-prop-weapon

No, wait, it was definitely turning the rifle muzzle into a gas block.

I see the resemblance now. That is so silly and yet so cool at the same time. 

The runner up for that would likely be Sigismund. Sigismund's not unlike Rachel from Animorphs (weird comparison but BEAR WITH ME) in that he had a level of insight and complete lack of illusions in what he had to be...

and then he became that horrible, horrible thing.

40k is a reminder that good intentions and bad planning equals the worst of both, with only the loss and corruption of trillions of  souls keeping things running as they should.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Yes, I have cut content now. Crazy stuff lol

But all seriousness, this was originally going to be another pistol for this thread. But, well, I've got 3-5 pre-made weapons for fanmade factions in my photoshop cloud, and only one Tenno gun. Something about that made me just... realize...

this pistol here was too Destiny.

The one thing I've always worried about doing here was the same thing that undercut my love of Runescape - the fact that I johnlock conspiracy'd myself into almost thinking I was playing an entirely different game, and having that many guns from an original faction compared to the bizarre aesthetics that originally drew me in to this game didn't seem healthy. Especially when I genuinely love drawing regular old ballistic weapons for the Tenno.

I genuinely think that we see the entire gamut between something you'd see in Destiny and something closer to what you'd see in 19th century gunforges in Warframe. Compare something like the Larkspur to the Latron for instance. Both are designed and operated solely by the Tenno and yet have completely different design motifs. I genuinely enjoy the older styles of Warframe weapons, but I also am fine with them dipping into that Destiny style design space. I'd say go nuts, you have a mind for style.

I also look forward to seeing a primed Vlcak given I picked it out earlier today :)

Edited by Teoarrk

21 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

I also look forward to seeing a primed Vlcak given I picked it out earlier today :)

The difficulty comes in making sure it doesn't look too much like a primary. The Alternator... has always looked a lot like a Giant Pistol, and the preliminary sketch I did just... didn't. Probably because it had too much space at the rear. Priming it is tough.

Andor was something I was skeptical about at first, but since watching it I've found it very hard to engage with other star wars media. It is some of the best TV I've ever watched

Right? It's like "Oh my God, this has top-tier performances from Andy Serkis, Forrest Whitaker, and Stellan Skarsgard, and it's from the franchise that brought us 'somehow, Palpatine returned?' the 'qUICK THROW MORE NOSTALGIA AT THE FANS' franchise?!"

It... it unambiguously says things. It's constructed like a swiss pocket watch. It's so perfect and oh my God, this is art and it's from star wars.

I genuinely think that we see the entire gamut between something you'd see in Destiny and something closer to what you'd see in 19th century gunforges in Warframe. Compare something like the Larkspur to the Latron for instance. Both are designed and operated solely by the Tenno and yet have completely different design motifs. I genuinely enjoy the older styles of Warframe weapons, but I also am fine with them dipping into that Destiny style design space. I'd say go nuts, you have a mind for style.

True. We do also have the Lex Prime, which... wouldn't be that out of place in Destiny cause it's a fairly normal pistol. Relatively. 

Though I was actually thinking I could make it part of an independent faction's armament...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Though I was actually thinking I could make it part of an independent faction's armament...

Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Right? It's like "Oh my God, this has top-tier performances from Andy Serkis, Forrest Whitaker, and Stellan Skarsgard, and it's from the franchise that brought us 'somehow, Palpatine returned?' the 'qUICK THROW MORE NOSTALGIA AT THE FANS' franchise?!"

It... it unambiguously says things. It's constructed like a swiss pocket watch. It's so perfect and oh my God, this is art and it's from star wars.

I'll be real, I only watched Force Awakens. I refuse to watch the others in the Trilogy because I know I won't even enjoy how mediocre they are. I'll just be wondering where those hours went in sadness. I watched Rebel One and that definitely was good but I really feel like it was anemic in places. Now that I've watched Andor, I now know that Disney is capable of really taking Star Wars into the sort of places that it deserved to be. It's always been political, but being able to tell a mature story that focused on that rather than getting lost in superpowers and midichlorians is so refreshing. It's why The War Within is my favourite Warframe quest. It's a lot more about what the Tenno think than what they are or cool stuff happening on screen. 

A final note on Andor, dat score doe:

Edited by Teoarrk

23 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

I'll be real, I only watched Force Awakens. I refuse to watch the others in the Trilogy because I know I won't even enjoy how mediocre they are. I'll just be wondering where those hours went in sadness. I watched Rebel One and that definitely was good but I really feel like it was anemic in places.

no-lies-detected-lie-detector.gif

I'm one of the few people who just plain doesn't dislike TLJ that much, but I really don't have it in me to argue with that one. TLJ also... look, it feels like a bit of a mess. Much as I'm willing to defend parts of it, Rian Johnson clearly wanted Admiral Holdo to feel like an antagonist, but he did too good a job. I get that it might not have been that reassuring, but was it that hard to have her tell Poe "Don't worry, I have a plan" or "there could be spies here, I can't talk about it" as opposed to just watching someone who acts like a kindergarten teacher stonewall a character we'd grown to like?

As for rise of skywalker, don't watch rise of skywalker.

Rogue One is a weird one though, cause even though you can tell it went through lots of cuts and rewrites... it's better than it has any right to be after said cuts and rewrites? If Rogue One relied on nostalgia the way Book of Boba Fett and Mando do, it wouldn't have been remembered half as fondly as it is, cause a lot of its strengths come in how it has the germs of ideas that would become Andor. There's the idea of rebellions being built on hope, Andor himself, what makes people rebel, the grittier feel, the more morally ambiguous Rebel Alliance...

It's not a bad story, I do like it, but I feel like the general atmosphere and Mood of Rogue One are its biggest strengths.

23 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

It's why The War Within is my favourite Warframe quest. It's a lot more about what the Tenno think than what they are or cool stuff happening on screen. 

It's the one of the few times we get to watch the Tenno... be a character.

We know they're overconfident, we know they have more to discover about themselves, we know they balk under Lotus' guidance somewhat, and we can essentially choose parts of our Tenno's backstory like in Norco or Kentucky Route Zero by having the Tenno give their feelings on how it felt being touched by the Void. Come The Sacrifice, they're much more self-reliant. and then, come TNW, well... okay, that one's complicated, but the Drifter and Tenno always felt like real people with understandable reactions. I think we all remember the Zariman Apartment Convo because that moment of sheer confusion, after we've seen so many terms and concepts fly by too fast to pick up on, is so relatable and it's so funny to watch our seasoned anime child soldier just not know what's going on.

• Like 2

So, the next gun's almost certainly, no take-backsies, 120% going to be a Tenno revolver. BUT in the meantime, here's the next Tenno rifle I have planned. It's a SNIPER RIFLE! With what I've been doing lately, it's probably gonna have 10-12 rounds and lapse into battle rifle territory to make it more usable.

BUT...

...beyond that I'm not a hundred percent sure what to do. I've been talking it out on discord and two of the ideas have been "fires 'spicy gyrojet'" and "anti-power armor," and beyond that I'm not totally sure what to do.

filename_by_fluffywolf36_dfq0nqh-pre.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Finished sniper rifle... or DMR... whichever. Not sure what it does yet. Will post in the next 22 days or so.

untitled_sniper_rifle_WHAT_DOES_IT_DO.pn

Hmm, reminds me a lot of Maliwan style sniper rifles with a Hyperion style sight. I really like the fusion, definitely fits. It's also so refreshing to see those flashy designs in more natural colors.

Edited by Teoarrk
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Hmm, reminds me a lot of Maliwan style sniper rifles with a Hyperion style sight. I really like the fusion, definitely fits. It's also so refreshing to see those flashy designs in more natural colors.

Also, I think it's funny seeing wooden furniture in these.... less-naturalistic shapes ( =D )

618fdd59d9f120bb2442f051_Woodblocker%20(

(This was actually the first Legendary I ever got in this game lol)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Also, I think it's funny seeing wooden furniture in these.... less-naturalistic shapes ( =D )

618fdd59d9f120bb2442f051_Woodblocker%20(

(This was actually the first Legendary I ever got in this game lol)

as an aside is what borderlands game is that from?

• Like 1

as an aside is what borderlands game is that from?

Borderlands 3.

...I have such mixed feelings on that game tbh. On the one hand, it is objectively the best that the loot, the vault hunters, and especially the guns have ever been. The guns have so much more kick, and even Torgue weapons (previously the most cartoony) now feel almost a little grounded. Since every manufacturer has their own individual parts now, the shotguns now look so much less malformed. (I'm supposed to believe that Jakobs' only shotguns are these oversized malformed things the size of my torso?) I've homaged it a lot on this thread, actually. Probably the best example would be the Euston - it was directly designed based on how Vladof let you turn off your brain and auto-reload the grenade launcher.

The Cromlech autoshotgun and Grozza SMG both come from me realizing that the Tracker Grenade function from Atlas assault rifles would if anything fit better in this game.  Reason and the Mohb are based on Torgue sticky gyrojets. The Adjudicas and Jubal are both based on a 'retired" Jakobs idea I had once. . The Makina is partly descended from the idea of "a jakobs gun that does Radiation procs on headshots," along with a Spacelords gun that did something fairly similar. It's also because of Borderlands 3 that I've made the Vernal levergun and reworked the Terminus.

...Jakobs in general is influential AF, the amount of variety they have could easily be the procedural generation system for another game. You've got bolt-action rifles, leverguns, semiautos, hand-crank gatling guns, tube mags, en-bloc clips, the weird Jakobs wheel mag, and standard box mags in rifles, you've got shotguns that're basically the previous game's shotgun generation system in miniature, and great revolvers that can look like anything from a Colt Anaconda to a Remington 1858. If you play BL3, I guarantee that you will find a gun (randomly generated or legendary) that absolutely feels like it'd fit in this game.

But.

Butt...

man, the story is ass.

Borderlands 2 doesn't have as much characterization, but it was always good at feeling personal. You're pitted against a guy that feels like the yin to your yang, your perfect opposite, who starts out by screwing you over and doesn't do anything but get worse and worse. BL3 only... sporadically has that. I like individual sections like the Promethea arc and Eden-6 arc, but overall the story just feels like less than the sum of its parts.

• Like 2