Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Unus said:

Are my eyes broken, or is that a top-fed pan-fed bolt-action Rifle?

Neither! That is a Thorneycroft carbine, the first known bullpup military rifle. And probably the first known bullpup as well. The magazine is just above the grip. Behind the trigger.

4g5i0xcpj2901.jpg

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

Tenno 'Harken' Support Sniper Rifle

tenno__harken__support_sniper_rifle_by_h

"Seek the weakest points of your enemies with the Harken, or use it to create new ones."

Crit Chance: 26%
Status Chance: 22%

The Harken is an impact-focused Tenno bolt-action sniper rifle that creates weak points on direct hits with enemies. And yes, it does create weakpoints on enemies it hits after punch through. The Harken is capable of hitting said weak points. However, this does not stack, and does not create a new weak point. These weak points last for a few seconds before vanishing... unless someone hits them first.

While a single headshot from this will be enough to down most humanoid enemies, the Harken is built for those moments when one shot just isn't enough. It works perfectly in a support role at high levels, staggering enemies and opening them up to devastating critical hits. Its critical chance and unique trait should make it perfect for Eidolon hunting, and other similar fights should Warframe add in something like that.

It is fed from a 6-round tube magazine in the stock, reloaded shell by shell. It has the same bullet expansion tech as the Rubico, too. As for how the bullets expand, uh... you know, I have no idea. It's Warframe, you're lucky to get something this logical.

The scope highlights enemies when you're scoped in.

ARTIST NOTES:
This... was surprisingly hard to draw. Not in the way you think, mind - it was hard to conceptualize a sniper rifle that felt uniquely weird, Warframe, and Tenno. I wanted to rip the "sniper rifle creating weakpoints" concept from Evolve, that I was certain of, but I had a hard time making one that felt Tenno. I already had a plan for a weapon that fed from an en-bloc clip (Yes, clip. Not a mag. This is very important) like an M1 Garand which I'll draw later, and that just felt too... logical. I didn't want to homage the Rubico again, I didn't want a sniper rifle that felt too normal, so I was resigned to drawing it inspired by the Tiberon.

Then I saw the Thorneycroft Carbine, and the wood-framed rifles carried by Edrio and Benthic from Rogue One, (the wiki says it's a projectile rifle, the book says it's blasters, I don't care) and set to homaging those. The internal tube magazine in the stock is because of my adherence to that silhouette. I partly wanted to have a conventional mag, but, well... that's just not very Warframe.

Also, the three-lensed scope is inspired by Trackingpoint!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Harken' Support Sniper Rifle

tenno__harken__support_sniper_rifle_by_h

"Seek the weakest points of your enemies with the Harken, or use it to create new ones."

Crit Chance: 26%
Status Chance: 22%

The Harken is an impact-focused Tenno bolt-action sniper rifle that creates weak points on direct hits with enemies. And yes, it does create weakpoints on enemies it hits after punch through. The Harken is capable of hitting said weak points. However, this does not stack, and does not create a new weak point. These weak points last for a few seconds before vanishing... unless someone hits them first.

While a single headshot from this will be enough to down most humanoid enemies, the Harken is built for those moments when one shot just isn't enough. It works perfectly in a support role at high levels, staggering enemies and opening them up to devastating critical hits. Its critical chance and unique trait should make it perfect for Eidolon hunting, and other similar fights should Warframe add in something like that.

It is fed from a 6-round tube magazine in the stock, reloaded shell by shell. It has the same bullet expansion tech as the Rubico, too. As for how the bullets expand, uh... you know, I have no idea. It's Warframe, you're lucky to get something this logical.

The scope highlights enemies when you're scoped in.

ARTIST NOTES:
This... was surprisingly hard to draw. Not in the way you think, mind - it was hard to conceptualize a sniper rifle that felt uniquely weird, Warframe, and Tenno. I wanted to rip the "sniper rifle creating weakpoints" concept from Evolve, that I was certain of, but I had a hard time making one that felt Tenno. I already had a plan for a weapon that fed from an en-bloc clip (Yes, clip. Not a mag. This is very important) like an M1 Garand which I'll draw later, and that just felt too... logical. I didn't want to homage the Rubico again, I didn't want a sniper rifle that felt too normal, so I was resigned to drawing it inspired by the Tiberon.

Then I saw the Thorneycroft Carbine, and the wood-framed rifles carried by Edrio and Benthic from Rogue One, (the wiki says it's a projectile rifle, the book says it's blasters, I don't care) and set to homaging those. The internal tube magazine in the stock is because of my adherence to that silhouette. I partly wanted to have a conventional mag, but, well... that's just not very Warframe.

Also, the three-lensed scope is inspired by Trackingpoint!

Hm. . . .on the one hand, I feel it intrudes upon the sacred ground of Banshee. On the other hand, I enjoy the aesthetic, especially the "goggle scope", though, that part may just be because it reminds me of my own similar design for the M.O.A. Gun's scope.  

Also, "Tracking Point"?

6 minutes ago, Unus said:

Also, "Tracking Point"?

Trackingpoint!

1._tracking-illustration-large-reskin.jp

7 minutes ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . .on the one hand, I feel it intrudes upon the sacred ground of Banshee

Perhaps a bit. But I was thinking about Eidolon Hunting, and Evolve, and things just seemed to... click. Y'know what I mean?

9 minutes ago, Unus said:

On the other hand, I enjoy the aesthetic

Funny thing about that - originally I meant for this to look like the Tiberon, but then I saw the Thorneycroft Carbine and I realized just how much I needed to put it in Warframe immediately.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Trackingpoint!

Perhaps a bit. But I was thinking about Eidolon Hunting, and Evolve, and things just seemed to... click. Y'know what I mean?

Funny thing about that - originally I meant for this to look like the Tiberon, but then I saw the Thorneycroft Carbine and I realized just how much I needed to put it in Warframe immediately.

OH, is this that new smart-bullet system ol D.A.R.P.A. is working on for hostage crises?

Fair, fair, could be a part of a "warframe ability" line of weapons, designs that click with certain frame power-sets.

I can see some of the inspiration in there. You've done quite well gradually melding aspects of both together to make an equalized whole.

Edited by Unus

10 hours ago, Unus said:

OH, is this that new smart-bullet system ol D.A.R.P.A. is working on for hostage crises?

I don't think so! It's mostly just a very intelligent scope that gives information on distance to target, wind speed, and other stuff.

10 hours ago, Unus said:

Fair, fair, could be a part of a "warframe ability" line of weapons, designs that click with certain frame power-sets.

Like how it sometimes worried me that the Kelvin's altfire was essentially a better version of Frost's 1? (Maybe that could be an Augment...)

10 hours ago, Unus said:

I can see some of the inspiration in there. You've done quite well gradually melding aspects of both together to make an equalized whole.

Why thank you =D. I'm honestly kinda glad I went for a dark, woody brown - it just wouldn't quite have the same gravitas or whatever that it does now if it was purple. Also, it is now the most faved thing in my deviantart account! YEAH BOYIE

Also here's the main inspiration behind the silhouette.

hh1kyorqc9eihiwspjrk.jpg

14 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I don't think so! It's mostly just a very intelligent scope that gives information on distance to target, wind speed, and other stuff.

Like how it sometimes worried me that the Kelvin's altfire was essentially a better version of Frost's 1? (Maybe that could be an Augment...)

Why thank you =D. I'm honestly kinda glad I went for a dark, woody brown - it just wouldn't quite have the same gravitas or whatever that it does now if it was purple. Also, it is now the most faved thing in my deviantart account! YEAH BOYIE

Also here's the main inspiration behind the silhouette.

hh1kyorqc9eihiwspjrk.jpg

OH! a H.U.D. Scope! That sucker would be infinitely useful out in the field, especially for the weather extremes that the simple ones just aren't cut out for. Wonder how delicate it is though. . .

Hm . . . you know, a short ways back, I came up with a modification set of, well, mods that blanket-increased all damage for a certain warframe and all weapon they wielded who dealt that damage. I wonder if one could make the reverse true, or if that would be to niche?

Well shet suh, got yourself a prize-winner did ya? Congratulations! Is it not that often that you get likes and reviews for such thing, or, was this just a MASSIVE spike of support all at once?

"Ah, zeh humble Tusken Raider, seen here standing upon a soap-box and preaching the good word of (sound of two donkeys humping) to the masses."

6 hours ago, Unus said:

"Ah, zeh humble Tusken Raider, seen here standing upon a soap-box and preaching the good word of (sound of two donkeys humping) to the masses."

As a (fading, but still) Star Wars maniac, I must angrily comment on how this is a Tusken Raider, but rather a Tognath.

A pretty relevant one as well, it's Edrio "Two Tubes", a character from the Rogue One movie.

I am angry.

Edited by HugintheCrow

4 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

As a (fading, but still) Star Wars maniac, I must angrily comment on how this is a Tusken Raider, but rather a Tognath.

A pretty relevant one as well, it's Edrio "Two Tubes", a character from the Rogue One movie.

Yeah, I know 😛 His brother ALSO appears in Solo! I liked Solo. It was pretty good.

Speaking of Tusken Raiders, I tried using the Cycler Rifle as an inspiration for this thing, but it just... didn't quite work out. For whatever reason.

11 hours ago, Unus said:

Well shet suh, got yourself a prize-winner did ya? Congratulations! Is it not that often that you get likes and reviews for such thing, or, was this just a MASSIVE spike of support all at once?

...I don't know. I usually don't break 40 thumbs up and 3 comments, this one has over 85. I just... I don't know why.

On 2018-09-26 at 5:42 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Trackingpoint!

So I looked it up, this is a pretty interesting system. It's like trigger hacks in real life, huh.

I consider myself :thinking:

SCHEDULE UPDORT:
While I have two concepts lined up - A Tenno SMG and a Tenno battle rifle with a stock and frame made from Sentient bone - I'm going to try and work on a more "exotic" weapon next. I feel like almost a majority of what I've done has been Tenno, based on a weapon in real life, or both. While the parameters for what I mean by that are flexible, (The Depezador, Verdictus, Bruin, Poyang, Proxima, and Estampida could just easily be described as "copied from real life" as they could be described "just unique enough for Warframe") I've felt like I'm in something of a rut by continuing to make firearms that shoot bullets.

I need to shake things up for a bit. So, the SMG and battle rifle will be delayed for now as I attempt to make something more oddball to shake things up here. Something that can't just be summed up as "pocket version of X weapon" like, I don't know, a pistolized Arca Plasmor, or a Grineer shotgun with semiauto and auto fire.

(Though both would admittedly be pretty dope)

EDIT: The thought occurs that setting the bar for "normal, fairly boring weapon" brings me to only 8 out of nearly 55 concepts, so it's not as bad as I thought. Still, I need to surprise myself here before I go back to Tenno versions of contemporary weapons.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

10 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

I am angry.

Much apologies, then. All the information I have from my own years of observing the series is the "ancient history of the Galaxy and the species thereof", characters and minor races are outside of my purview.

Edited by Unus

Tenno 'Hyron' SMG

"Compact Tenno PDW. Excels in close quarters."
tenno__hyron__smg_by_haruaxeman-dcodwpc.

STATS
    Physical Damage - 12
        6 Puncture
        4 Slash
        2 Impact.
    crit chance - 24% 
    crit multiplier - 3.0x 
    status chance - 17%
    Magazine - 90
    Fire Rate - 20.8
    Punch Through - 0.4m 
     trigger - auto
    Noise level - Silent
Recoil: Yes?
    Damage Reduction - Full damage up to 31.0 m
    Min damage at 44.0 m
    60% max reduction
    Special Trait - 7% chance to enhance crits
    (To be nerfed as needed)

BUILD REQUIREMENTS
    x1 Burston
    700 Plastids
    200 Oxium
    10 Fersteel

Designed to emulate light, portable SMGs of humanity's past, the Hyron takes its name from its eponymous low buzz of full auto fire - which reminded the Orokin archimedians that created it of the bee-analogues engineered to help rejuvenate Earth. 

In the Old War years, the Hyron found two uses - firstly, during the few lulls in the Old War, the Hyron was used by Dax and Tenno wetworks operatives to cull troublesome proto-Corpus executives and rebellious colonies that had grown too used to their seclusion from the Empire. Secondly, it found a niche overwhelming the armor resistances of Sentient Scouts long enough for Tenno and others to switch to a backup weapon with different damage. It earned a reputation of being everything it was designed for, and more. 

The Hyron is chambered for a low-caliber, high-velocity armor-piercing caseless round, fed from a 90-round box magazine loaded just above the barrel. The box magazine reciprocates as the bullets fire. While the Hyron's ammunition is smaller and less damaging than that of its sister SMG, the Baza, and its range can scare off an LMG favoring-Tenno, the Hyron more than makes up for it through volume of fire, crowd control, and status. An unforeseen benefit for the Hyron was the tendency for ammo to "tumble" inside of enemies after piercing armor, giving it a low yet noticeable chance to orange crit.

ARTIST NOTES

Despite inspiration from the P90, this actually has far more in common mechanically with the H&K G11. This was where the idea for the magazine came from. Funnily enough, the P90-ish stock had nothing at all to do with Maliwan from Borderlands 2 at first, I just saw the shape of the Rubico Prime's stock and I was all "...I see a P90 in there!"

Buuuuut, I didn't want to make something that felt too contemporary, so I added all the G11-ish elements. I'm partly saddened to give it such short range, but Warframe has always been a corridor shooter. It just wouldn't work to give this the same range as, say... Soma Prime. God, I love Soma Prime.

I know, that last sentence makes it very subtle, but the "LMG-favoring Tenno" mentioned there is me. My favorite two automatic rifles in the game are the Soma Prime (CRITS FOR DAYS) and Prisma Gorgon (CRITS FOR EVEN MORE DAYS BECAUSE OF A RIVEN). I like those. I realize that the Baza, Warframe's other SMG, actually is closer to the real life P90's fire rate, but I had to do it. 

The real struggle here was trying to make sure this wasn't just "X, but BETTER!" to the Baza. That's where you get powercreep from, and that's why a large number of weapons that were once must-have in Warframe are now forgotten by the vast majority of the player base in return for better variants or better alternatives. I don't want to contribute to that!

Granted, I'm not contributing at all, technically, but it's the principle of the thing.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Rush B cyka bylat

Sorry, I had to make the joke. Overall though this weapon is a beast, coming with innate punchthrough AND vigilante effects! Plus it being silenced makes it extremely viable on Ivara cheese builds, just like the Baza.

This thing would probably have to be locked behind MR 14 or higher, since it's got so much going for it. Of course, the damage falloff you gave it helps reel it in significantly, but I think if you mixed in a generous scoop of recoil it would then land at an acceptable spot.

Artistically? Look great! Much, much more Tenno-esque in design compared to a few of your latest entries- also, is that a literal holographic sight floating at the top there?

3 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Sorry, I had to make the joke. Overall though this weapon is a beast, coming with innate punchthrough AND vigilante effects! Plus it being silenced makes it extremely viable on Ivara cheese builds, just like the Baza.

I wanted a powerful bullethose! And I'm glad to hear that it worked out.

3 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

This thing would probably have to be locked behind MR 14 or higher, since it's got so much going for it. Of course, the damage falloff you gave it helps reel it in significantly, but I think if you mixed in a generous scoop of recoil it would then land at an acceptable spot.

Funnily enough, the opposite of that last thing almost happened. I was considering giving it near-perfect stability, but then I realized that was kind of silly with all the advantages I was giving it. I eventually took out the "stability" stat just so I didn't have to think about it. That's actually why the damage falloff is that much steeper than the Baza - I needed to add in some kind of gratuitous flaw, like steep falloff that cut more than half the damage.

And sure, why not? I'm MR16, soon to be 17. It doesn't bother me overmuch giving that high of a requirement.

4 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Artistically? Look great! Much, much more Tenno-esque in design compared to a few of your latest entries

I stand by making the Estampida look the way it did for the sake of the Trigun reference, but you are right. I have admittedly been in a bit of a normality rut. Funnily enough, said rut is actually why, when I was making the Harken, I went out of my way to take inspiration from an obscure bolt-action rifle and Star Wars while adding in an odd magazine. I wanted to make something just odd enough it'd fit in Warframe.

Also, I probably should have mentioned this, but the Hyron is actually inspired by the shape of the Rubico Prime's stock!

1.jpg&

I was thinking about how the curves in it reminded me of the P90, somehow, and then I realized that thinking a little bit about Maliwan SMGs from Borderlands 2 was unavoidable, and it just sort of... clicked. 

Also on the subject of the normality rut, the Aeolus and Cetaea from Art Dump 6 are canceled. Their designs are too logical. Besides, I was hoping to use the Aeolus' en-bloc clip reload for another weapon coming up. I might still do the Neophytou, though, cause its inspiration already looks plenty Warframe. And it'd almost feel too easy to make it Grineer.

Maybe that can be a poll.

4 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

also, is that a literal holographic sight floating at the top there?

Yep! Third time I've done this.

18 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Hyron' SMG

"Compact Tenno PDW. Excels in close quarters."
tenno__hyron__smg_by_haruaxeman-dcodwpc.

STATS
    Physical Damage - 12
        6 Puncture
        4 Slash
        2 Impact.
    crit chance - 22% 
    crit multiplier - 3.0x 
    status chance - 17%
    Magazine - 90
    Fire Rate - 1080 RPM (Or, in Warframe terms, 18 per second)
    Punch Through - 0.4m
    trigger - auto
    Noise level - Silent
    Damage Reduction - Full damage up to 31.0 m
    Min damage at 44.0 m
    60% max reduction
    Special Trait - 7% chance to enhance crits
    (To be nerfed as needed)

BUILD REQUIREMENTS
    x1 Burston
    700 Plastids
    200 Oxium
    10 Fersteel

Designed to emulate light, portable SMGs of humanity's past, the Hyron takes its name from its eponymous low buzz of full auto fire - which reminded the Orokin archimedians that created it of the bee-analogues engineered to help rejuvenate Earth. 

In the Old War years, the Hyron found two uses - firstly, during the few lulls in the Old War, the Hyron was used by Dax and Tenno wetworks operatives to cull troublesome proto-Corpus executives and rebellious colonies that had grown too used to their seclusion from the Empire. Secondly, it found a niche overwhelming the armor resistances of Sentient Scouts long enough for Tenno and others to switch to a backup weapon with different damage. It earned a reputation of being everything it was designed for, and more. 

The Hyron is chambered for a low-caliber, high-velocity armor-piercing caseless round, fed from a 90-round box magazine loaded just above the barrel. The box magazine reciprocates as the bullets fire. While the Hyron's ammunition is smaller and less damaging than that of its sister SMG, the Baza, and its range can scare off an LMG favoring-Tenno, the Hyron more than makes up for it through volume of fire, crowd control, and status. An unforeseen benefit for the Hyron was the tendency for ammo to "tumble" inside of enemies after piercing armor, giving it a low yet noticeable chance to orange crit.

ARTIST NOTES

Despite inspiration from the P90, this actually has far more in common mechanically with the H&K G11. This was where the idea for the magazine came from. Funnily enough, the P90-ish stock had nothing at all to do with Maliwan from Borderlands 2 at first, I just saw the shape of the Rubico Prime's stock and I was all "...I see a P90 in there!"

Buuuuut, I didn't want to make something that felt too contemporary, so I added all the G11-ish elements. I'm partly saddened to give it such short range, but Warframe has always been a corridor shooter. It just wouldn't work to give this the same range as, say... Soma Prime. God, I love Soma Prime.

I know, that last sentence makes it very subtle, but the "LMG-favoring Tenno" mentioned there is me. My favorite two automatic rifles in the game are the Soma Prime (CRITS FOR DAYS) and Prisma Gorgon (CRITS FOR EVEN MORE DAYS BECAUSE OF A RIVEN). I like those. I realize that the Baza, Warframe's other SMG, actually is closer to the real life P90's fire rate, but I had to do it. 

The real struggle here was trying to make sure this wasn't just "X, but BETTER!" to the Baza. That's where you get powercreep from, and that's why a large number of weapons that were once must-have in Warframe are now forgotten by the vast majority of the player base in return for better variants or better alternatives. I don't want to contribute to that!

Granted, I'm not contributing at all, technically, but it's the principle of the thing.

AH, a design that harkens back to the old Maliwan Guns of yore with that holo-sight and that sleek "solid whole" design.

Critical Multiplier seems to be a tad bit excessive, encroaching on Grakatan territory.

Another punch-through weapon? Huh, seems to be a running theme round here.

Silenced as well? Hm. . . I'm starting to feel like this should be a Baza "stat skin" in the same manner the Brokk once was.

14 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I wanted a powerful bullethose! And I'm glad to hear that it worked out.

Funnily enough, the opposite of that last thing almost happened. I was considering giving it near-perfect stability, but then I realized that was kind of silly with all the advantages I was giving it. I eventually took out the "stability" stat just so I didn't have to think about it. That's actually why the damage falloff is that much steeper than the Baza - I needed to add in some kind of gratuitous flaw, like steep falloff that cut more than half the damage.

And sure, why not? I'm MR16, soon to be 17. It doesn't bother me overmuch giving that high of a requirement.

I stand by making the Estampida look the way it did for the sake of the Trigun reference, but you are right. I have admittedly been in a bit of a normality rut. Funnily enough, said rut is actually why, when I was making the Harken, I went out of my way to take inspiration from an obscure bolt-action rifle and Star Wars while adding in an odd magazine. I wanted to make something just odd enough it'd fit in Warframe.

Also, I probably should have mentioned this, but the Hyron is actually inspired by the shape of the Rubico Prime's stock!

1.jpg&

I was thinking about how the curves in it reminded me of the P90, somehow, and then I realized that thinking a little bit about Maliwan SMGs from Borderlands 2 was unavoidable, and it just sort of... clicked. 

Also on the subject of the normality rut, the Aeolus and Cetaea from Art Dump 6 are canceled. Their designs are too logical. Besides, I was hoping to use the Aeolus' en-bloc clip reload for another weapon coming up. I might still do the Neophytou, though, cause its inspiration already looks plenty Warframe. And it'd almost feel too easy to make it Grineer.

Maybe that can be a poll.

Yep! Third time I've done this.

AH! A few designs get scrapped on the way through the mental board meeting? Yowch. If nothing else, you can probably freeze em and come back to em later to retrofit them into something exotic.

37 minutes ago, Unus said:

Silenced as well? Hm. . . I'm starting to feel like this should be a Baza "stat skin" in the same manner the Brokk once was.

The only SMG we have (if you don't count the Grakata) is silenced, and SMGs are kinda uncharted territory for Warframe. So I just sort of... worked with what I know.

43 minutes ago, Unus said:

Critical Multiplier seems to be a tad bit excessive, encroaching on Grakatan territory.

Probably because the stats are based on the Grakata! Just with more puncture. It's to keep it competitive with the Baza. Though I do have a status SMG planned in the future...

37 minutes ago, Unus said:

Another punch-through weapon? Huh, seems to be a running theme round here.

...Come to think of it, it doesn't really need the punch-through. REMOVED!

However, the next two weapons I have planned - The Sievert and Osteon - will in all likelihood have punch through. One is basically a flamethrower, the other is... well... experimental. Let's call it experimental. I'm trying some new things with it.

45 minutes ago, Unus said:

AH! A few designs get scrapped on the way through the mental board meeting? Yowch. If nothing else, you can probably freeze em and come back to em later to retrofit them into something exotic.

may do that with the Aeolus, but not the Cetacea. Balancing it would've been annoying, adding stats would've been annoying, and using it would've been annoying.

10 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

The only SMG we have (if you don't count the Grakata) is silenced, and SMGs are kinda uncharted territory for Warframe. So I just sort of... worked with what I know.

Probably because the stats are based on the Grakata! Just with more puncture. It's to keep it competitive with the Baza. Though I do have a status SMG planned in the future...

...Come to think of it, it doesn't really need the punch-through. REMOVED!

However, the next two weapons I have planned - The Sievert and Osteon - will in all likelihood have punch through. One is basically a flamethrower, the other is... well... experimental. Let's call it experimental. I'm trying some new things with it.

may do that with the Aeolus, but not the Cetacea. Balancing it would've been annoying, adding stats would've been annoying, and using it would've been annoying.

Ah, thats fair. It just feels. . .I dunno. . .it feels like it plays TO closely to the current example's set example.

First one seems reasonable, heat transfer and all that, but. . that second one. . . does it relate to bone in some way? 

Reasonable to consider when it comes to designing any of these ol bits and killing implements, as always, if you need help shaving that weapon's square peg down into a more pleasing circular one, just let me know!