Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Given the Harpak uses ten rounds to make 1 harpoon. . . yeah, I think single round consumption would be best.

...I don't think it uses ten. I use a Harpak practically every day, and pretty sure it uses just 1 harpoon per shot.  Oddly enough, I kiiiiiiiiinda built the Harpak so crazy that the altfire usually kills people before it even pulls anyone towards me. You're probably thinking of the Tenora.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Ooooooooo, THAT works! That way, one could use the harpoon AND both buckshock rounds in one go, make DOUBLY sure your "chosen one" is throughly hosed once they are reeled in.

...In retrospect I probably coulda explained that better. See, when there's one round left in the breach of a shotgun or something, you can reload - and end up with one extra round that's already been pumped up from the mag. The idea was kinda like that. Sure, it won't be a game-changing feature, but it'll just be nice to have. ^~^

On 1/14/2018 at 5:07 PM, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

grineer__garnlok__rifle_by_haruaxeman-dc

"A versatile Grineer rifle incidentally created as an intermediary between the Orokin 'Avakan' hyperburst rifle and the Karak, after stripping out many of the Avakan's ammo flash-fabrication, hyperburst, and recoil control systems."

Primary Fire: Automatic fire.
Secondary: Scope mode - yes, this is a gun with ironsights and a scope. Clicking the altfire button will make your Warframe use the scope. The weapon is reset to burstfire while you're zoomed in. The ironsight/holosight hybrid is on top of the massive carry handle, while the Vulkar-style scope (which is more like a camera, honestly) is under the carry handle. 

The scope also highlights enemies! I am undecided on whether or not it has a combo mechanic.

Artist notes:
This is based on the M14! And also the G36. And Grineer rifles in general, such as the Quartakk, Argonak, and Karak.

This... was a tough one. Not least because I wasn't quite sure what I was going for as a concept. First idea I had was an assault rifle with two sets of sights. Then I seized on my old idea of "Hey, what about a Grineer rifle with burst and full-auto?" and tried to give the altfire a connection to the scope that just would've been annoying. I also considered making it a hyperburst weapon, but I ran into a problem when I considered that 1), that is exactly the kind of mechanical complexity the Grineer would strip out, and 2)If the Avakan uses similar damage mechanics and 2 of the IPS damage types in its primary fire, it'll be hard to make this feel different. 3), if I gave this a scope and hyperburst, I might end up outclassing both Avakans. And I don't like that sort of thing.

Also, I wanted to make it a Grineer DMR at the last minute, but then I was all like "reh." With luck, I'll do that later.

Basically I struggled a lot with the basic concept here.

But it's an assault rifle that serves as a poor man's sniper rifle in a pinch. So I'm happy with that. I'm also thinking there could be a vaykor variant!

Ack, please, forgive me for that flavor 🚫 functionality mistake I made back at the shotgun. Gotta start trying to think outsidea my own design philosophy better.

Hm. . . . . hm. . . as much as the highlight mechanic and the burst seem plausible. . . I think the Argonak covers alotta those bases sadly.

That said, the adaptability of the scope-swap capability goes without saying on several maps where bounceing back and forth is important. As for the scope itself, I feel as though emulation of the Buzlock's might prove valuable. Not quite a precision killing machine, but, certainly not an unalignable train wreck like, say, using the Hind's deformed rail-nub to aim.

Ah, The War Within. I can understand getting caught into one of those "investment traps" where you debate about and finagle with an idea until it lukewarmly fits. At least you have some satisfaction with that conclusion.

On 1/14/2018 at 9:17 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

Hey Fluffy, great to talk to you again, you never cease to amaze me with your art and creativity.

I come humbly before you today asking for your thought on an infested rifle design I created back in the day, and if you want, you can add it to your own arsenal, rework it and maybe even draw it yourself!

Consider it a gift ;)

Huh, that's the first time I've ever seen anyone other then me publicly ask for an artistic design of one of my models.

One of these days, I gotta go Pit Dredgeing again and see if I can find anything that fits Mr. F's favored themes for giggles, seeing as the last thing I showed im was a smattered mess of augments for weapons.

Edited by Unus

10 hours ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . . . hm. . . as much as the highlight mechanic and the burst seem plausible. . . I think the Argonak covers alotta those bases sadly.

Seeing as a lot of the ideas behind this were "How do I make a better Argonak?" I can understand that. The highlight mechanic, though, only works when you're using the scope. It's the sort of feature I enjoy on sniper rifles in other videogames.

10 hours ago, Unus said:

One of these days, I gotta go Pit Dredgeing again and see if I can find anything that fits Mr. F's favored themes for giggles, seeing as the last thing I showed im was a smattered mess of augments for weapons.

I would be very interested in this. Oh yes. Does it have any revolvers?

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

Seeing as a lot of the ideas behind this were "How do I make a better Argonak?" I can understand that. The highlight mechanic, though, only works when you're using the scope. It's the sort of feature I enjoy on sniper rifles in other videogames.

I would be very interested in this. Oh yes. Does it have any revolvers?

AH! I got you, makes things a ELL of a lot easier on the battlefield when you can tell the difference between "that one wavy bush that looks like a man I unloaded a few dozen slugs in" and a tango. Bit of a guilty party on that, hehe.

Alas, using my shovel for the Pit, I believe I could find but two that fit a revolver-esque bill that you might like, with a third that has revolver-style mechanics but is not, in itself, a revolver.

Number 1 is an elderly creation, a bolt-action single shot hand-cannon with arm breaking recoil made for "humanely" executing infected Grineer, the Trokar.

Number 2 is a very fresh design for a rogue corporate weapon which has both a repeater mode and a revolver mode depending on where the enemy is, the techno-noir plasma pistol known as the Dividend.

Number 3, related sadly only by mechanical similarity, is a harvested mass of Sentient tissue that has been through the ringer to become a retro-futuristic atom-blaster, the Sentient slayer pistol, the Uragir.

I think that's as close as I can get in the "revolverish" department unfortunately, in descending order of relevance.

Edited by Unus

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Number 1 is an elderly creation, a bolt-action single shot hand-cannon with arm breaking recoil made for "humanely" executing infected Grineer, the Trokar.

I have an idea that could make that fun. What if the Trokar... was a flaregun? It'd just be like the Grineer to have a flaregun that is fully capable of causing horrendous burning death.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

AH! I got you, makes things a ELL of a lot easier on the battlefield when you can tell the difference between "that one wavy bush that looks like a man I unloaded a few dozen slugs in" and a tango. Bit of a guilty party on that, hehe.

Plus, it makes a sniper rifle feel so responsive!

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

I have an idea that could make that fun. What if the Trokar... was a flaregun? It'd just be like the Grineer to have a flaregun that is fully capable of causing horrendous burning death.

Plus, it makes a sniper rifle feel so responsive!

AH. While I don't currently have a Flaregun in and of itself, I DO have a "volcanic sample" ""squirt gun"" that fires spurts of bacteria-colonized-virus-infected burning kerosene onto foes. 

Naturally, ended up making it a Red Veil gun, nasty Geneva-be-demed chem-bio warfare being up their alley.

The Hekatom is actually one of the few weapons that have been artistically crafted unexpectedly enough. ''Twas just THAT popular for some reason, albeit not my most popular.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

AH. While I don't currently have a Flaregun in and of itself, I DO have a "volcanic sample" ""squirt gun"" that fires spurts of bacteria-colonized-virus-infected burning kerosene onto foes. 

Naturally, ended up making it a Red Veil gun, nasty Geneva-be-demed chem-bio warfare being up their alley.

The Hekatom is actually one of the few weapons that have been artistically crafted unexpectedly enough. ''Twas just THAT popular for some reason, albeit not my most popular.

Hey, I feel ya. You never know which of your creations is going to be the most liked. I figured the Depezador would be well-liked cause hey, Tenno LeMat revolver (also, the prime version has a CRYO SHOTGUN ALTFIRE) and the name is cool, but there's so many more responses I've gotten for other weapons I've done.

On 1/17/2018 at 10:07 AM, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

Hey, I feel ya. You never know which of your creations is going to be the most liked. I figured the Depezador would be well-liked cause hey, Tenno LeMat revolver (also, the prime version has a CRYO SHOTGUN ALTFIRE) and the name is cool, but there's so many more responses I've gotten for other weapons I've done.

Heh, I find it funny how we separately ended up using a similar nameing scheme for our separate pistols. You with your "Tenno LeMat" Depezador and me with my "chain ricochet" pistol, the Desperaza. Been interesting to see how I sometimes tap into a "common pulse" of ideas on occasion, sometimes even thinking like Digital does, like the time I made my Zor Mortar rifle and, several months later, the Zar was born.

Edited by Unus

3 hours ago, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

The third primary weapon looks like my kinda weapon! I the feeling it looks like it would give off when using it. The pleasant sound it looks it would make too

Why thank you!

And just like that, you've made me far more likely to redraw it. This is what the basic idea came from: The LSR44 from Killzone! 

giphy.gif

It's got an automatic (burstfire in multiplayer) mode and a sniper rifle mode.

...Considering how boxy the LSR44 is, do you mind if I end up making a Corpus version of this? It'd be nice to give the Corpus a flexible, unique rifle. Plus, the Corpus often fall by the wayside when it comes to weaponry. And a lot of their weapons... don't feel very weapon-ish? If that makes sense? I get that it's sort of the point of a lot of Corpus guns, but a lot of the weapons the basic Corpus grunt goes against us with - The Dera, Prova, and Lanka being the first that come to mind - don't feel too dangerous to us.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, I find it funny how we separately ended up using a similar nameing scheme for our separate pistols. You with your "Tenno LeMat" Depezador and me with my "chain ricochet pistol, the Desperaza. Been interesting to see how I sometimes tap into a "common pulse" of ideas on occasion, sometimes even thinking like Digital does, like the time I made my Zor Mortar rifle and, several months later, the Zar was born.

The Depezador's name was originally from a pump-action shotgun with a drum mag. It's from a game called E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy. I was thinking about the usual naming scheme for Tenno weapons, and I wanted a revolver design that felt more "real" to me than the Pandero. I like the Pandero, but the design's weird even by Warframe standards. So I figured when I was naming it, I'd go for a corruption of the word "Vaquero..."

And then I remembered "hey, the Depezador exists, that sounds so Tenno I can't believe it's not in the game!"

The impact-focused altfire came when I figured that it'd be nice to have some way to knock enemies down while you're setting up the perfect shot. Plus, you can knock em out, then gun em down!

also SNEAK PEAK HUMPADUMPS

filename_by_haruaxeman-dc0b8dz.jpg

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

Wait no that gun looks different lol, like the second primary weapon, i was talking about the one below it

Oh, the Avakan! My mistake. :P

There's actually more art of that in this thread, complete with a prime version and a full explanation of its gimmick(s). Long story short, the first two rounds of a burst fire almost simultaneously and do impact damage, while the remaining rounds in a burst do slash. It's kind of  exactly like a Tenno AN94!

I'm proud of that one. I can imagine a lot of utility in a gun that can stun enemies and then tear them apart with slash damage.

Plus, the idea of the Orokin having a Kalashnikov derivative is funny to me.

• Like 1

_execution__axe__colored__by_haruaxeman-

CODEX:
"A heavy axe formed from Sentient Bone for the purpose of executing Tenno such as you. Our leader may not even remember what we fight for, but we do. We know that you were responsible for the flesh-and-machine abominations that were the Grineer, the backwards, destroyed state of the Origin System. Some of us even watched.

This axe shall visit long-delayed justice upon you."

EXECUTION is a Sentient-themed executioner's axe dropped by the Stalker's acolytes, with high range and attack speed and damage slightly below an unmodded Galatine Prime. As for what keeps it competitive with the various prime weapons of the game, the answers are simple:

1. "Sentient Adaptability" trait - repeated hits on an enemy increase the chance to proc a status type that corresponds to a weakness of said enemy's health type (armor, flesh, shield, machine, ossified flesh... whatever) is vulnerable to. It's not a very high chance, but if you modded the weapon for corrosive, you'll probably notice when suddenly the Grineer Bombard you've been attacking has been afflicted with a radiation proc.
2. "Headhunter" - as inspired by the (oddly frequent) headshots I get with melee weapons, this has a bonus to attack speed whenever you hit heads with it. It's more of a random, comedic trait that's just nice to have now and then.
3. "Adaptive Block" - chance to reduce damage taken from a status proc after repeatedly suffering from it. This wears off after a brief period of time.
4. Throw: Charged attacks, similar to the Wolf Sledge, will throw this axe at enemies. It will return, of course.

It's less about raw IPS damage and more about utility, status, and fun. Though I may nix some of those!

On 1/17/2018 at 4:03 PM, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

Why thank you!

And just like that, you've made me far more likely to redraw it. This is what the basic idea came from: The LSR44 from Killzone! 

giphy.gif

It's got an automatic (burstfire in multiplayer) mode and a sniper rifle mode.

...Considering how boxy the LSR44 is, do you mind if I end up making a Corpus version of this? It'd be nice to give the Corpus a flexible, unique rifle. Plus, the Corpus often fall by the wayside when it comes to weaponry. And a lot of their weapons... don't feel very weapon-ish? If that makes sense? I get that it's sort of the point of a lot of Corpus guns, but a lot of the weapons the basic Corpus grunt goes against us with - The Dera, Prova, and Lanka being the first that come to mind - don't feel too dangerous to us.

The Depezador's name was originally from a pump-action shotgun with a drum mag. It's from a game called E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy. I was thinking about the usual naming scheme for Tenno weapons, and I wanted a revolver design that felt more "real" to me than the Pandero. I like the Pandero, but the design's weird even by Warframe standards. So I figured when I was naming it, I'd go for a corruption of the word "Vaquero..."

And then I remembered "hey, the Depezador exists, that sounds so Tenno I can't believe it's not in the game!"

The impact-focused altfire came when I figured that it'd be nice to have some way to knock enemies down while you're setting up the perfect shot. Plus, you can knock em out, then gun em down!

also SNEAK PEAK HUMPADUMPS

filename_by_haruaxeman-dc0b8dz.jpg

I understand your feeling about some aspects of Corpus technology. Think it's kinda why I cooked up a sort of "consumer conventional" set of firearms by Luxor. Sbasically a series of weapons made off the Braton chassis, but containing components of other "traditional" weapons, such as a shot-nade gun and a pump-rifle. Stiff cost for the colonists they are aimed at, but, not so much for enterprising black-marketeers.

Huh, hehe, we went two sides of the same coin. You picked Vaquero, I picked Desperado.

Hm. . . . . Tenno or Sentient?

On 1/17/2018 at 5:51 PM, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

CODEX:
"A heavy axe formed from Sentient Bone for the purpose of executing Tenno such as you. Our leader may not even remember what we fight for, but we do. We know that you were responsible for the flesh-and-machine abominations that were the Grineer, the backwards, destroyed state of the Origin System. Some of us even watched.

EXECUTION is a Sentient-themed executioner's axe dropped by the Stalker's acolytes, with high range and attack speed and damage slightly below an unmodded Galatine Prime. As for what keeps it competitive with the various prime weapons of the game, the answers are simple:

1. "Sentient Adaptability" trait - repeated hits on an enemy increase the chance to proc a status type that corresponds to a weakness of said enemy's health type (armor, flesh, shield, machine, ossified flesh... whatever) is vulnerable to. It's not a very high chance, but if you modded the weapon for corrosive, you'll probably notice when suddenly the Grineer Bombard you've been attacking has been afflicted with a radiation proc.
2. "Headhunter" - as inspired by the (oddly frequent) headshots I get with melee weapons, this has a bonus to attack speed whenever you hit heads with it. It's more of a random, comedic trait that's just nice to have now and then.
3. "Adaptive Block" - chance to reduce damage taken from a status proc after repeatedly suffering from it. This wears off 

It's less about raw IPS damage and more about utility, status, and fun. Though I may nix some of those!

AH, Sentient! Reminds me of my Blaster for it's first trait's styleing. Inspired or just typical of the Sentient styling? 

I'm. . . not as sure about the second bit, unless you can get its moveset to swing in the General head area of an enemy, which might be very difficult given how hard-coded that is.

Last bit seems to be a fair cherry on top.

Biggest thing of all though, rather then a guaranteed drop, what if it shows up randomly among them? As in, with each appearence (as in, when they all show back up again) one Acolyte will be wielding the Execution and use it's moveset rather then it's typical own. The wielder is the one who has the chance to drop it? Just a thought.

Edited by Unus

Hunhow "Tenno!  Why have You taken my Hipbone!"

On 1/17/2018 at 4:51 PM, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

CODEX:

3. "Adaptive Block" - chance to reduce damage taken from a status proc after repeatedly suffering from it. This wears off 

-_-   ........ I had to when i saw it........

14 hours ago, Unus said:

I understand your feeling about some aspects of Corpus technology. Think it's kinda why I cooked up a sort of "consumer conventional" set of firearms by Luxor. Sbasically a series of weapons made off the Braton chassis, but containing components of other "traditional" weapons, such as a shot-nade gun and a pump-rifle. Stiff cost for the colonists they are aimed at, but, not so much for enterprising black-marketeers.

I will have to take a look at these. Yes. Besides, the Origin System is... kind of at a loss for "everyman" sort of weapons, y'know? There's gotta be something that people without access to Grineer surplus or Tenno weaponry commonly use.

...I wonder what kind of guns Cetus has? Knowing that they've recycled a lot of bits of Tower in their construction, I bet it's reminiscent of Orokin or Tenno firearms.

14 hours ago, Unus said:

Biggest thing of all though, rather then a guaranteed drop, what if it shows up randomly among them? As in, with each appearence (as in, when they all show back up again) one Acolyte will be wielding the Execution and use it's moveset rather then it's typical own. The wielder is the one who has the chance to drop it? Just a thought.

Sure, why not? It'll add some excitement to the farming process. Like "AH, OH SNAP SON, HE'S GOT THE THING! KILL HIM HARDER!"

Maybe having the axe could give them a unique fight mechanic! Like, it could give them a second form in their boss battle, or they'd be able to summon Sentient proxies... just a thought.

14 hours ago, Unus said:

AH, Sentient! Reminds me of my Blaster for it's first trait's styleing. Inspired or just typical of the Sentient styling? 

Typical Sentient styling. ^~^ Plus, I thought it'd be funny for someone fighting Grineer to suddenly nail an enemy radiation or viral proc that they didn't build for. Also, sidenote - EXECUTION has a lower chance for the trait to proc combined elements like Viral. You're more likely to proc Toxin, Cryo, Fire, or Electric damage - but that's not saying that when cutting through a bunch of Corpus, you won't suddenly destroy someone's shield with Magnetic damage. ^~^

14 hours ago, Unus said:

I'm. . . not as sure about the second bit, unless you can get its moveset to swing in the General head area of an enemy, which might be very difficult given how hard-coded that is.

Like I said, it's more of an incidental thing that's just nice to have.  I've gotten melee headshots before, but never reliably, so I just think it'd be funny to give a melee weapon a bonus related to that. Think of it like a random orange crit that inexplicably increases attack speed for a bit.

14 hours ago, blazeshadow44 said:

-_-   ........ I had to when i saw it........

Don't even trip, dawg! I understand the need for a good pun.

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

I will have to take a look at these. Yes. Besides, the Origin System is... kind of at a loss for "everyman" sort of weapons, y'know? There's gotta be something that people without access to Grineer surplus or Tenno weaponry commonly use.

...I wonder what kind of guns Cetus has? Knowing that they've recycled a lot of bits of Tower in their construction, I bet it's reminiscent of Orokin or Tenno firearms.

Sure, why not? It'll add some excitement to the farming process. Like "AH, OH SNAP SON, HE'S GOT THE THING! KILL HIM HARDER!"

Maybe having the axe could give them a unique fight mechanic! Like, it could give them a second form in their boss battle, or they'd be able to summon Sentient proxies... just a thought.

Typical Sentient styling. ^~^ Plus, I thought it'd be funny for someone fighting Grineer to suddenly nail an enemy radiation or viral proc that they didn't build for. Also, sidenote - EXECUTION has a lower chance for the trait to proc combined elements like Viral. You're more likely to proc Toxin, Cryo, Fire, or Electric damage - but that's not saying that when cutting through a bunch of Corpus, you won't suddenly destroy someone's shield with Magnetic damage. ^~^

Like I said, it's more of an incidental thing that's just nice to have.  I've gotten melee headshots before, but never reliably, so I just think it'd be funny to give a melee weapon a bonus related to that. Think of it like a random orange crit that inexplicably increases attack speed for a bit.

Don't even trip, dawg! I understand the need for a good pun.

Oh, for sure! Something ramshackle at least, if not at least derived from a defending Syndicates' assets. Ell, it's been the focus of my latest sets of add-on weapons, albeit "Everyman" has been kinda sorta pigeonholed into meaning "Marketing towards colonial militias AND rogue piratical groups in equal measure there.

Heh, THAT was a fun one to go over in the Pit. I ended up with a "mobile pivot gun" that fires high-velocity Orokin beetles. Rather then snipe folks with it, it's main basis of damage dealing is to aim for a massed group and fire alongside it, allow the oro-beetle's forcefield to squash or rag-doll them as it flies past before it burns out from stress.

THAT is most certainly a thought suh! An additional layer of danger to add onto the typical one. Ell, maybe the blade lets the Aco cycle through a certain ability set list at each encounter, make it a bit more unpredictable. Perhaps one could add in the Stalker's existent capabilities alongside the abilities granted to Simarissian capture targets to make the roulette wheel of capabilities to cycle through.

Ah, a bit more of a "popori" weapon of sorts, "take what you get and roll with it" sorta deal, I get it.

Heh, random orange crit eh? Think I get what your thinking there. Isn't that the Duel Ichors claim to fame?

34 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

COMING SOON (tm): Frost-themed throwing knives!

Admittedly, these probably aren't things I'd like to use, but the basic concept was too funny to ignore.

You say funny, I say "PAYYYY DIRRRRTTTT"!

Okayokayokay, picture this. . .

We've already had Tennogen weapons, we've already had Tenno weapons themselves, but, what about "Tenno-complimentary weapons"?

Picture this, you know those "favored weapon" packs that frames tend to be shown off with when they are first released? What if we had "tennofied" versions that really sell their link to the frame?

For example, when Chroma first arrived, he came equipped with the Ripkas and the Tiberon.

Thus, we have the "Dragon's Claws" and the "Dragon's Maw", the first being a Chromafied Ripka that grants a significantly diluted Vex-Armor beef-up when swapping to melee-only and the second being a Chromafied Tiberon that grants the wielder a color-based watered-down ward bonus on a headshot kill that uses both on-target rounds.

If one could go mining into the ancient notes of patching and find what each frame came equipped with as "preferred weapons". . . mmm mmmm! I foresee a LONG path of coneptualization, though they might all have a similar story behind them.

Hows that sound?

On 2018-01-23 at 2:29 PM, Unus said:

Hows that sound?

That sounds super dope! I could have a lot of fun with that. Plus, it opens up the door for a lot of creative weaponry. The themed weapon sets (Pandero and Tenora for Octavia, Fusillai, Volnus, and Astilla for Gara) have always been a lot of fun because they're weird and distinctive even by Tenno standards.

I could have a lot of fun with a Mesa-fied set of revolvers... but then, well, I run into problems when I consider that the Akvasto (or Akvasto Prime, if they ever get released) or Pandero just feel super Mesa. I realize the Pandero is Octavia's thing, but the HIGH NOON jokes are nigh impossible for me to resist.

Anyway, as promised:

TSURARA THROWING KNIVES

_tsurara__throwing_knives_by_haruaxeman-

CODEX:
"These throwing knives were crafted by Tenno artisans to bring the biting chill of winter to their enemies."

A series of throwing knives built for the first Tenno to adapt the Frost frame in the First Infested Purges, these throwing knives exemplify the characteristically crude-yet-streamlined nature of early Tenno equipment. The "blade," if you can call it that, is a sharpened "icicle" of cryotic material with a metallic core, designed to freeze and puncture the enemy upon impact.

The Tsurara was later, at the suggestion of one Tenno, adapted with a synthwire cord that could support the weight of the entire knife, allowing Tenno to drag enemies off their feet into a waiting melee weapon.

Primary Fire: Thrown
Secondary: Pull - acts similar to the Harpak's altfire, using the decorative cords at the end of the knife to pull enemies (within a certain range) towards a Tenno. At which point you can shotgun it to death, I don't know.

artist notes:
This was the quickest weapon design for Warframe I ever made! I mean, I probably wouldn't use these, I like the Harpak more, and if there's any sidearm I've designed that I'd like to use, it'd be the Depezador series (all three of em) or the Tessera (for the sheer novelty value). 

Still, the inspiration behind this is fairly solid. It was inspired by a lot of time I spent on survival missions, low on health, where I realized: I could drag enemies through Frost's shield with my Harpak then melee the crap out of them with Healing Return!

That didn't quite work out as well as I hoped, seeing as most of the enemies had a tendency ragdolled or died on impact when they hit Frost's snowglobe, but hey, points for trying on my part. And that was the situation that inspired this!

Btw, don't worry. That's not my blood on my art. This time, anyway. Just bits of sauce for an egg roll.

22 hours ago, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

That sounds super dope! I could have a lot of fun with that. Plus, it opens up the door for a lot of creative weaponry. The themed weapon sets (Pandero and Tenora for Octavia, Fusillai, Volnus, and Astilla for Gara) have always been a lot of fun because they're weird and distinctive even by Tenno standards.

I could have a lot of fun with a Mesa-fied set of revolvers... but then, well, I run into problems when I consider that the Akvasto (or Akvasto Prime, if they ever get released) or Pandero just feel super Mesa. I realize the Pandero is Octavia's thing, but the HIGH NOON jokes are nigh impossible for me to resist.

Anyway, as promised:

_tsurara__throwing_knives_by_haruaxeman-

CODEX:
"These throwing knives were crafted by Tenno artisans to bring the biting chill of winter to their enemies."

A series of throwing knives built for the first Tenno to adapt the Frost frame in the First Infested Purges, these throwing knives exemplify the characteristically crude-yet-streamlined nature of early Tenno equipment. The "blade," if you can call it that, is a sharpened "icicle" of cryotic material with a metallic core, designed to freeze and puncture the enemy upon impact.

The Tsurara was later, at the suggestion of one Tenno, adapted with a synthwire cord that could support the weight of the entire knife, allowing Tenno to drag enemies off their feet into a waiting melee weapon.

Primary Fire: Thrown
Secondary: Pull - acts similar to the Harpak's altfire, using the decorative cords at the end of the knife to pull enemies (within a certain range) towards a Tenno. At which point you can shotgun it to death, I don't know.

artist notes:
This was the quickest weapon design for Warframe I ever made! I mean, I probably wouldn't use these, I like the Harpak more, and if there's any sidearm I've designed that I'd like to use, it'd be the Depezador series (all three of em) or the Tessera (for the sheer novelty value). 

Still, the inspiration behind this is fairly solid. It was inspired by a lot of time I spent on survival missions, low on health, where I realized: I could drag enemies through Frost's shield with my Harpak then melee the crap out of them with Healing Return!

That didn't quite work out as well as I hoped, seeing as most of the enemies had a tendency ragdolled or died on impact when they hit Frost's snowglobe, but hey, points for trying on my part. And that was the situation that inspired this!

Btw, don't worry. That's not my blood on my art. This time, anyway. Just bits of sauce for an egg roll.

Oh, of course suh! There are several weapons that have already been matched up with frames themselves, I was just thinking of ways the "pre-matching" suits could "catch-up" with the new fellas with their own personalized sets.

Did Mesa actually come with the Ak-Vastos? I can't actually seem to recall. . .

Switching over to your own new piece, aha! The humble nihonese rope-dart, augmented with just a smidgeon of supercoolant for just the right amount of helplessness-inducement. Another ancient-bagger I would say, only this one expects you to swap out once you've chilled and tripped the hentaiosaurous sod. I especially like the blade-formation nature, letting the gel harden into a glacier hard tip afore you chuck it, have nothing to compare it to and haven't seen anything like it since Mr. Freeze's weaponry. Kudos!

AW MAN, I thought you were gonna start going with the van Goghian approach, leave a little piece of yourself in all of your designs! (Igor-style giggling)

On 1/24/2018 at 1:33 PM, Unus said:

Did Mesa actually come with the Ak-Vastos? I can't actually seem to recall. . .

She did not come with them, but she's always featured with them in pictures. I hope Akvasto Prime comes with Mesa Prime. That'd be so dope.

On 1/24/2018 at 1:33 PM, Unus said:

Switching over to your own new piece, aha! The humble nihonese rope-dart, augmented with just a smidgeon of supercoolant for just the right amount of helplessness-inducement. Another ancient-bagger I would say, only this one expects you to swap out once you've chilled and tripped the hentaiosaurous sod. I especially like the blade-formation nature, letting the gel harden into a glacier hard tip afore you chuck it, have nothing to compare it to and haven't seen anything like it since Mr. Freeze's weaponry. Kudos!

Thanks so much! ^~^

• 2 weeks later...

By the way - sorry for being a bit quiet. To make it up to you, I've got an incoming ART DUMP! It's got a Corpus greatsword that lends itself to easy sex jokes, early Garnlok art, a blatant Trigun reference, and an Orokin target pistol. And also maybe another gun, soon(tm). But before that, I gotta ask all of you: @Unus, @Almighty_Jado... does Warframe have a poleaxe or billhook polearm? I've been looking through some old threads on spacebattles lately, and I saw a comment I made that was inspired by Tobias Buckell's Xenowealth series, where immortal nanomachine-fueled killing machine Pepper suggests polearms as a way to defend against fungal zombies.

...I mean, there's probably a few Zaws that count, but I'm still curious.