Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

17 hours ago, (PSN)stormfalcon2018 said:

How about a railjack themed warframe, like have a warframe with abilities that can buff and help the railjack, and are useful outside of railjack. Also its styled after the sigma items and nautilus sentinel.

I actually have a gas-themed frame with some fairly complete abilities out there, but that.... that's very interesting. I don't do Railjack that often, but that's an intriguing proposition. I'd love to hear more!

Perhaps.... they have a helmet that looks like a tricorn hat? And from what you said, they'd be mostly support. Maybe an ability that provides armor to Railjacks and teammates. Maybe her four could involve calling down ordnance from the Railjack somehow. There's a question about how that'd work, since a lot of tilesets aren't open-air, so maybe she fires them through a void portal...

I don't know what the other two abilities would be.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Grineer 'Fost' Combat Shotgun

grineer__fost__combat_shotgun_by_fluffyw

This double-barreled semiauto shotgun was designed for several purposes: To use the same ammunition to fire buckshot and slugs,  to be a short, maneuverable longarm for Grineer breachers, to be hard for non-Grineer operators to use, and to be a do-anything shotgun to unseat the Sobek and Hek. It failed at the last two, but it succeeded well enough at the others. If THAT doesn't sum up the Grineer..."
--Codex

Lore

The Fost was designed with lofty ambitions: Something with the power of the Hek, the magazine and fire rate of the Sobek, along with the ability to fire buckshot and slugs from the same ammunition, all in a compact package for breaching Corpus ships. It was meant as a replacement to smooth out the greatly overstressed Grineer logistic machine.

It didn’t quite hit the mark. Full-automatic with this weapon had a tendency to break the receiver, it held four less rounds than the Sobek, and it was more complex than the Hek.

But even so, there was a success deep in there. The result was a shotgun that didn’t overshadow either weapon, but instead served as a mid-road between the Sobek and Hek. It’s semiauto, its rounds boast stopping power midway between them both, and its fire rate lies somewhere between the two. Same for its reload. Plus, with its length, it’s surprisingly good for both breaching and long-range combat.

Perhaps the most distinctive feature of the Fost is its system for reconfiguring its ammunition. 

If there’s one thing the Grineer excel at, it’s a low-tech solution to a problem the Orokin would’ve solved by burying it in time, effort, and bodies. Orokin buckshot would be made of programmable matter, this weapon uses conventional shotgun rounds… which can then be filled with a wax-like programmable matter to transform them from buckshot to slugs.

Owing to its utility, the Fost is a common sight among Grineer all over the system, especially among Kosma and Gyre troops tasked with breaking into anything from Corpus stanchions to Tenno railjacks.

The magazine is the large tube that looks like a bent Hek magazine, right above the receiver.

Stats:

Trigger: Burst
Burst Count: 2
Burst Rate: 7
Burst Delay: 0.25
Magazine: 16
Reload: 2.4s

Primary fire: Buckshot

Damage: 348
132 Slash
42 Puncture
174 Impact
Pellets: 8 (58 damage per pellet)
Status Chance: 12%
Critical Chance: 18%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Full damage up to: 18 m
Minimum Damage at 32m
68% Max Reduction
Secondary Fire: Slug

Secondary Fire

Non-hitscan
Damage: 168
108 Impact
42 Slash
18 Puncture
Status Chance: 38%
Critical Chance: 16%
Critical Multiplier: 2.1x
Punch-through: 1m
Full damage up to: 22m
Minimum Damage at 33m
50% Max Reduction

Artist Notes

First off, sorry for not coloring this one. Unfortunately, my art computer is BORKED (that’s bad) so I can’t be posting stuff with the same quality I otherwise might have. 

I’m quite adept at coming up with weapons dedicated to crowd control, guns that separately roll crit and status on impact and explosion, but as is… I don’t like doing the same thing too often. Plus, I don’t have as much energy for this as I used to. I’m not quitting, I still enjoy this game, I just… have less energy. I’m not burned out, I’m just not burning at both ends.

I wonder what I could do to shake things up for myself. Probably post all that umbral ayatan lore I’ve sat on and promised people who read my thread  on the warframe forums.

That got… too depressive. Anyway. I wanted to create something that didn’t have a gimmick focused on precision (though admittedly… I might try that later) or a blast radius. So I figured “hey, why not make this?” Last time I was in a mood like this last year, I just made the Fedorova assault rifle, so right now I’m making a semiautomatic shotgun.

The idea is that it’s just a semiautomatic combat shotgun that serves as a mid-road between stuff like the Corinth and Strun Wraith (and stuff I’ve made, like the Tenebrae and Neophytou) and autoshotguns. A niche that genuinely feels untapped here. In Warframe, you normally get something super spammy, or something that’s extremely slow. Or in the case of Strun Wraith, a shotgun that is somehow both at once. (Amazing) So this thing is meant to be somewhat in-between. I do worry that I made this thing too powerful relative to the Strun, but I figure the lower overall crit, better reload speed, and  better fire rate give it a fairly well-defined niche.

The slugs… are just because normally I add some kind of explosive altfire to shotguns, this time I’m adding a more precise altfire. Do something different, y'know.

• Like 2

On 2021-05-02 at 5:16 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I actually have a gas-themed frame with some fairly complete abilities out there, but that.... that's very interesting. I don't do Railjack that often, but that's an intriguing proposition. I'd love to hear more!

Perhaps.... they have a helmet that looks like a tricorn hat? And from what you said, they'd be mostly support. Maybe an ability that provides armor to Railjacks and teammates. Maybe her four could involve calling down ordnance from the Railjack somehow. There's a question about how that'd work, since a lot of tilesets aren't open-air, so maybe the fires them through a void portal...

For the railjack frame.

Passive: a shield armor and health buff which is greatly multiplied during railjack and is also applied to railjack (it doesn't stack with multiple versions of the warframe).

Ability 1: a healing ability which can also repair hull breaches or other damages (max level repairs catastrophic breaches)

Ability 2: the armor buffing ability you mentioned (she turns invincible for a short duration or could be a channeling ability, which applies the buff when it ends.)

Ability 3: creates a void hole which fires smaller, and weaker versions of your ordinance. In railjack it could make it into a carpet bombing ability.

Ability 4: she could summon an exalted railjack gun for her to use with no cooldown but firing it causes her energy to drain (drain increase the longer you fire it). In railjack it gains a secondary fire which creates a void hole to fire a smaller version of the railjack ultimate or frontal artillery out of it.

Also a tricorn hat helmet works.

Her name could be Calypso (named after the goddess of the sea).

Edited by (PSN)stormfalcon2018

44 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Perhaps.... they have a helmet that looks like a tricorn hat? And from what you said, they'd be mostly support. Maybe an ability that provides armor to Railjacks and teammates. Maybe her four could involve calling down ordnance from the Railjack somehow. There's a question about how that'd work, since a lot of tilesets aren't open-air, so maybe she fires them through a void portal...

I kind of had an idea for a railjack frame but it would be more of tirania kind of deal. It would be a Cephalon frame with a giant sentinel ( that's actually a miminature railjack ). She can digitalize herself to enter the ship and control it. Her ability would debuff enemies and buffing her sentinel railjack but on railjack missions it would buff both her sentinel railjack and the railjack.

24 minutes ago, keikogi said:

I kind of had an idea for a railjack frame but it would be more of tirania kind of deal. It would be a Cephalon frame with a giant sentinel ( that's actually a miminature railjack ). She can digitalize herself to enter the ship and control it. Her ability would debuff enemies and buffing her sentinel railjack but on railjack missions it would buff both her sentinel railjack and the railjack.

Yeah no do you realise how powerful a mini railjack would be in a normal mission.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)stormfalcon2018 said:

Yeah no do you realise how powerful a mini railjack would be in a normal mission.

Not really the abilities and weapons would be fudge with a bit. Off course I would not allow a black hole with 100 meters radius. The ability sizes and damage would be scaled down and the weapons replaced.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Not really the abilities and weapons would be fudge with a bit. Off course I would not allow a black hole with 100 meters radius. The ability sizes and damage would be scaled down and the weapons replaced.

See thats more sensible, but the way you said it originally made it sound OP.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, (PSN)stormfalcon2018 said:

See thats more sensible, but the way you said it originally made it sound OP.

I usually pitch stuff on rather broad words for the sake off explaining the idea fast. Since the basic gist of off it is the railjack frame version off tirania. Allot of stuff has to be ducked with to make it work ( railjack guns are a tad to weak ) , how the forge would work , how the crew would exist in this digitalize space. 

I've been stuck with it because haven't played enough new railjack to be able to figure it out. I've been sitting on that idea for months now. 

Also there is a massive implementation problem given that DE made the new more complex ground mission on railjack remove the railjack from play so I suspect there are engine limitations involved.

• Like 1

and I am BACK

Got a new art computer that can actually log in to the forums here (I had one that was 10 years old I was using for the last week or so). Unfortunately, this means I cannot half-ass things by posting uncolored drawings here.

Also, it is very hard to come up with new gimmicks for weapons based on single-target damage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

and I am BACK

Got a new art computer that can actually log in to the forums here (I had one that was 10 years old I was using for the last week or so). Unfortunately, this means I cannot half-ass things by posting uncolored drawings here.

Also, it is very hard to come up with new gimmicks for weapons based on single-target damage.

Heh, I understand completely sir, the very reason why I have such gaps in my production!

I’m certain you can still pop off unpainted pieces though suh, what kinda animal would hold you at gunpoint to produce something like the Gandiva art you were working on for me and painting it up in all the right colors, I know not.

28 minutes ago, Unus said:

Heh, I understand completely sir, the very reason why I have such gaps in my production!

I’m certain you can still pop off unpainted pieces though suh, what kinda animal would hold you at gunpoint to produce something like the Gandiva art you were working on for me and painting it up in all the right colors, I know not.

...Me.  I do that to myself. I am the monster. :P

while you're here, any thoughts on... anything recently? =D

• Like 1

Progress updort:

I've actually got a couple of pistols in the pipeline, along with one more CURSED MOON gun and a writing-only update. And that nanomachine gun. I've just been a bit... busy with Outriders lately. 

In fact, I went and built this thing from a blue as a joke and DAMN (jam).

E1oq9APXsAQBdVv?format=jpg&name=large

I think I may export this into my Warframe thread. It is... so good.

• Like 1

CURSED MOON 'Ulfberhite'...

uh...

shotgun?

cursed_moon__ulthberite__shotgun_by_fluf

Cursed Moon ‘Ulthberite’ Graviton Shotgun

This might yet be a weapon with high usefulness against Tenno… if only we could replicate the technologies, let alone understand the principles behind it. Like the Dhoul, this weapon melds exotic Sentient and Orokin tech, propulsion modules, and what I can only assume are technologies native to the Cursed Moon to fire a gravitational wave or small singularity that hammers into the target and anything near it with pure gravitational force.”

--Hedron Ico, Corpus Archeologist

--codex

Lore

The first of these strange weapons was discovered by the Corpus archeologist Hedron Ico, often known as the Anchorhead. Partly for the strangely designed sensorium of their helmet, and partly for their refusal to ever go back to the Cursed Moon, saying that the moon would “Claim what was left of them” if they returned.

While Ico was on the Cursed Moon, they were credited with revolutionizing the study of this strange planetary body. In their words on the 'Ulthberite’ shotgun:

This might yet be a weapon with high usefulness against Tenno… if only we could replicate the technologies, let alone understand the principles behind it. Like the Dhoul, this weapon melds exotic Sentient and Orokin tech, propulsion modules, and what I can only assume are technologies native to the Cursed Moon to fire a gravitational wave or small singularity that hammers into enemies with pure gravitational force.”

Or, in the words of their bodyguard Senya Ecatal:

“Weird thing. It’s like a Plasmor except it shoots gravity.”

Among Corpus and even Tenno, Senya’s explanation stuck. After all, he wasn’t far off. Essentially, it shoots plasmor-like projectiles, except smaller but with longer range, and has a 20% chance to deal Concussive Damage on impacts with anything - which is just classic blast damage with its radial knockdown and impact procs. The more enemies you aim this at, the more damage it does to anything around it. Ecatal surmises that this weapon was built to be semi-nonlethal -  built to knock over heavily armored Orokin troops so that Cursed Moon military personnel could beat them to death with sledgehammers. Not an uncommon tactic.

It’s often compared to an Oeizu weapon that fires ball lightning, but that one has longer projectile life and is closer to a grenade launcher than a shotgun.

Stats

• Trigger: semi
  • Fire Rate: 1.5
  • Magazine: 5
  • Max Ammo: 120
  • Damage: 400
    • 180 Impact
    • 120 Slash
    • 80 Blast
    • 20 Magnetic
  • Critical Chance: 24%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
  • Status Chance: 24%
  • Punch-Through: 2.4m
  • Falloff:
    • Full damage up to 12 m
    • Min damage at 28m
    • 70%  max reduction
    • Max range: 32m

Note: Projectiles are 75% the size of Plasmor projectiles.

Artist Notes:

There’s… surprisingly little to say here. I wanted a shotgun that was a Plasmor firing classic blast damage (as in radial knockdown) and I wanted to make more Cursed Moon content. At some point, on my thread, I’ll likely write more Cursed Moon stuff.

One thing that I’ve struggled with is the comparison between this thing and a weapon I have planned that shoots ball lightning. The idea is that it’s like a Plasmor except it explodes on impact around a central projectile while having a radius of electric damage, and it can work more like a grenade launcher.Think of it like… I guess, a PLASTILLA.  It’s… well, you can use both of them as a Plasmor, but these two would have so much bleedover between their niches.

I think what I’ve settled on is that this is the easier to use and has more consistent crit, while the other one is a little harder to use for maximum investment and has more status.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

CURSED MOON 'Ulfberhite'...

uh...

shotgun?

cursed_moon__ulthberite__shotgun_by_fluf

Cursed Moon ‘Ulthberite’ Graviton Shotgun

This might yet be a weapon with high usefulness against Tenno… if only we could replicate the technologies, let alone understand the principles behind it. Like the Dhoul, this weapon melds exotic Sentient and Orokin tech, propulsion modules, and what I can only assume are technologies native to the Cursed Moon to fire a gravitational wave or small singularity that hammers into the target and anything near it with pure gravitational force.”

--Hedron Ico, Corpus Archeologist

--codex

Lore

The first of these strange weapons was discovered by the Corpus archeologist Hedron Ico, often known as the Anchorhead. Partly for the strangely designed sensorium of their helmet, and partly for their refusal to ever go back to the Cursed Moon, saying that the moon would “Claim what was left of them” if they returned.

While Ico was on the Cursed Moon, they were credited with revolutionizing the study of this strange planetary body. In their words on the 'Ulthberite’ shotgun:

This might yet be a weapon with high usefulness against Tenno… if only we could replicate the technologies, let alone understand the principles behind it. Like the Dhoul, this weapon melds exotic Sentient and Orokin tech, propulsion modules, and what I can only assume are technologies native to the Cursed Moon to fire a gravitational wave or small singularity that hammers into enemies with pure gravitational force.”

Or, in the words of their bodyguard Senya Ecatal:

“Weird thing. It’s like a Plasmor except it shoots gravity.”

Among Corpus and even Tenno, Senya’s explanation stuck. After all, he wasn’t far off. Essentially, it shoots plasmor-like projectiles, except smaller but with longer range, and has a 20% chance to deal Concussive Damage on impacts with anything - which is just classic blast damage with its radial knockdown and impact procs. The more enemies you aim this at, the more damage it does to anything around it. Ecatal surmises that this weapon was built to be semi-nonlethal -  built to knock over heavily armored Orokin troops so that Cursed Moon military personnel could beat them to death with sledgehammers. Not an uncommon tactic.

It’s often compared to an Oeizu weapon that fires ball lightning, but that one has longer projectile life and is closer to a grenade launcher than a shotgun.

Stats

• Trigger: semi
  • Fire Rate: 1.5
  • Magazine: 5
  • Max Ammo: 120
  • Damage: 400
    • 180 Impact
    • 120 Slash
    • 80 Blast
    • 20 Magnetic
  • Critical Chance: 28%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
  • Status Chance: 20%
  • Punch-Through: 2.4m
  • Falloff:
    • Full damage up to 12 m
    • Min damage at 28m
    • 70%  max reduction
    • Max range: 32m

Note: Projectiles are 75% the size of Plasmor projectiles.

Artist Notes:

There’s… surprisingly little to say here. I wanted a shotgun that was a Plasmor firing classic blast damage (as in radial knockdown) and I wanted to make more Cursed Moon content. At some point, on my thread, I’ll likely write more Cursed Moon stuff.

One thing that I’ve struggled with is the comparison between this thing and a weapon I have planned that shoots ball lightning. The idea is that it’s like a Plasmor except it explodes on impact around a central projectile while having a radius of electric damage, and it can work more like a grenade launcher.Think of it like… I guess, a PLASTILLA.  It’s… well, you can use both of them as a Plasmor, but these two would have so much bleedover between their niches.

I think what I’ve settled on is that this is the easier to use and has more consistent crit, while the other one is a little harder to use for maximum investment and has more status.

I love the aesthetic of these weapons

14 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

I love the aesthetic of these weapons

It's kind like the Necromonger guns from Ridd1ck...

cf45c47b809f94c0bb47dc261e7c45b5.png

Just with more curves and some influence from a battle pass R99 skin I have.

The only question is how I do the next one without making it look too much like something from that movie...

UPDATED DEPEZADOR PRIME (sort of)

depezador_prime__2021_re_edit__by_fluffy

Well... sort of. All I really did was stretch it in some places. The next two revolvers have extremely long cylinders, and they're not even shotgun pistols, so it felt silly to give this thing such a short, normal-looking cylinder. This isn't going to go on the front page of the thread, and I already have feedback from @Unus (thanks, Unus!) so it doesn't quite need more attention.

If you want stats, they're in this quoteblock below. This is less of an update and more like when that podcast you follow posts a minisode, and like... one that lasts less than five minutes and is mostly just a phone call from one of the characters.

The rest of the lore is here.

Also, apparently I went against my ethos of keeping the Estampida the most powerful handgun because now the Depezador can outdamage it after five successive headshots. But hey, I figure that so much is going on in WF at any given time that nobody is just going to hit five headshots in a row and never miss ever again.

Spoiler

“This baroque, engraved top-break revolver fires laser-sliced slugs from its primary barrel, and uses Entrati siphon technology to load a central shotgun barrel with cryotic-infused buckshot. Land headshots with this weapon to activate altfire, and increase the critical multiplier.

It was originally a reward for honorable service, but you decide the honors now.”
--Codex

Special Traits: 
Headhunter - increases critical damage by 18% on each successive headshot, removing one stack of the bonus on misses. Bodyshots reset the decay but do not increase the combo.
Cryotic Buckshot: Central shotgun barrel has a chance to deal cold damage regardless of the elemental build.

stats

STATS

Trigger: Semi
Magazine Size: 9 (+1 shotgun)
Fire Rate: 2.5 rounds per second
Reload: 2.0s
Combo Decay: 3.0s
Accuracy Recovery: 0.4s

Primary Fire
Damage: 108
    slash:  69
    puncture: 15
    impact: 24
Critical Chance: 32%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance:  16%
Punch-Through: 0.5m

Special Traits
Adds +18% critical damage on headshots up to 5 times.

Secondary Fire: 
Damage: 704
    Cold: 451
    Impact: 176
    Puncture: 77
Pellets: 11
Magazine Size: 1
Fire Rate: N/A
Status Chance: 9.2%
Critical Chance: 11%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
Punch-Through: 1.0m

Gonna post another pistol tomorrow!

• Like 3

On 2021-05-06 at 12:55 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

...Me.  I do that to myself. I am the monster. :P

while you're here, any thoughts on... anything recently? =D

Well sir, my Gandiva design editing mumblings put aside, I think I’ll give your Fost an eyeballing and have my opinion put up. Happy to see so many folks love to commentate on your work so much, shows you very much have a place here!

Pah , enough of my babbling!

On 2021-05-02 at 6:22 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Grineer 'Fost' Combat Shotgun

grineer__fost__combat_shotgun_by_fluffyw

This double-barreled semiauto shotgun was designed for several purposes: To use the same ammunition to fire buckshot and slugs,  to be a short, maneuverable longarm for Grineer breachers, to be hard for non-Grineer operators to use, and to be a do-anything shotgun to unseat the Sobek and Hek. It failed at the last two, but it succeeded well enough at the others. If THAT doesn't sum up the Grineer..."
--Codex

Lore

The Fost was designed with lofty ambitions: Something with the power of the Hek, the magazine and fire rate of the Sobek, along with the ability to fire buckshot and slugs from the same ammunition, all in a compact package for breaching Corpus ships. It was meant as a replacement to smooth out the greatly overstressed Grineer logistic machine.

It didn’t quite hit the mark. Full-automatic with this weapon had a tendency to break the receiver, it held four less rounds than the Sobek, and it was more complex than the Hek.

But even so, there was a success deep in there. The result was a shotgun that didn’t overshadow either weapon, but instead served as a mid-road between the Sobek and Hek. It’s semiauto, its rounds boast stopping power midway between them both, and its fire rate lies somewhere between the two. Same for its reload. Plus, with its length, it’s surprisingly good for both breaching and long-range combat.

Perhaps the most distinctive feature of the Fost is its system for reconfiguring its ammunition. 

If there’s one thing the Grineer excel at, it’s a low-tech solution to a problem the Orokin would’ve solved by burying it in time, effort, and bodies. Orokin buckshot would be made of programmable matter, this weapon uses conventional shotgun rounds… which can then be filled with a wax-like programmable matter to transform them from buckshot to slugs.

Owing to its utility, the Fost is a common sight among Grineer all over the system, especially among Kosma and Gyre troops tasked with breaking into anything from Corpus stanchions to Tenno railjacks.

The magazine is the large tube that looks like a bent Hek magazine, right above the receiver.

Stats:

Trigger: Semi
Fire rate: 3
Magazine: 16
Reload: 2.4s

Primary fire: Buckshot

Damage: 464
176 Slash
56 Puncture
232 Impact
Pellets: 8 (58 damage per pellet)
Status Chance: 12%
Critical Chance: 12%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Full damage up to: 18 m
Minimum Damage at 32m
68% Max Reduction
Secondary Fire: Slug

Secondary Fire

Non-hitscan
Damage: 224
144 Impact
54 Slash
26 Puncture
Status Chance: 38%
Critical Chance: 16%
Punch-through: 1m
Full damage up to: 22m
Minimum Damage at 33m
50% Max Reduction

Artist Notes

First off, sorry for not coloring this one. Unfortunately, my art computer is BORKED (that’s bad) so I can’t be posting stuff with the same quality I otherwise might have. 

I’m quite adept at coming up with weapons dedicated to crowd control, guns that separately roll crit and status on impact and explosion, but as is… I don’t like doing the same thing too often. Plus, I don’t have as much energy for this as I used to. I’m not quitting, I still enjoy this game, I just… have less energy. I’m not burned out, I’m just not burning at both ends.

I wonder what I could do to shake things up for myself. Probably post all that umbral ayatan lore I’ve sat on and promised people who read my thread  on the warframe forums.

That got… too depressive. Anyway. I wanted to create something that didn’t have a gimmick focused on precision (though admittedly… I might try that later) or a blast radius. So I figured “hey, why not make this?” Last time I was in a mood like this last year, I just made the Fedorova assault rifle, so right now I’m making a semiautomatic shotgun.

The idea is that it’s just a semiautomatic combat shotgun that serves as a mid-road between stuff like the Corinth and Strun Wraith (and stuff I’ve made, like the Tenebrae and Neophytou) and autoshotguns. A niche that genuinely feels untapped here. In Warframe, you normally get something super spammy, or something that’s extremely slow. Or in the case of Strun Wraith, a shotgun that is somehow both at once. (Amazing) So this thing is meant to be somewhat in-between. I do worry that I made this thing too powerful relative to the Strun, but I figure the lower overall crit, better reload speed, and  better fire rate give it a fairly well-defined niche.

The slugs… are just because normally I add some kind of explosive altfire to shotguns, this time I’m adding a more precise altfire. Do something different, y'know.

(Lost this data multiple times, so forgive me if I’m seemingly “short” in some of these, a bit frustrated.)

AH, a “multiload” shotgun, for when you need multiple types of ammo loaded in to suit multiple needs! I almost feel like this could be a modifier for our series of pumps that already exist, selecting shell types through some manner of “press reload then 1, 2, 3, etc” system. Regarding making things harder for the opposition, I imagine gene-locking weaponry might work, but, I’m not sure if they could achieve it on the broad scale that the Grineer function at, maybe for their one-off breeds.

Ah, adaptation, just the way the Orokin never wanted it. Never quite the same as what the original makers had in mind, but, inevitably Grineer-“worthy” in the end.

Statistical Breakdown:
 Fire Rate= Greater then either of it’s kin to be sure, but, still surpassed by the “one-pump-champ” exergis and the “lead-filled corridor maker” drakgoon.

Magazine= A healthy size to be sure, matched by only one other shotgun, the glass-glazed astilla.

Reload Speed= On the heftier end of things, but, on the reasonable heftier end of things, as opposed to some of the more painful and grotesque wait times, such as the agony of the Arca Plasmor.

Primary Evaluation-

Damage= Just a few points shy of the kuva drakgoon, and well within the limits of shotgun damagewisedom! 

Pellet Count= . . . well shet, I can’t actually evaluate this particular aspect, or, at least, not in a timely manner! Blasted comparison system  no longer exists on the wiki and my notes are empty in the pellet section. Curses!

Status Chance= Paralleling the Strun Wraith in this category and, in the grand scheme of the gunaverse,  sits in the land of averages.

Critical Chance= Sits upon the lower enda average she does, but, in the average zone all the same! Fascinatingly, this is the only design I’ve seen that perfectly balanced the Critical/Status dichotomy, with every other shotgun that currently exists either being minutely or heavily toward one or the other. Interdasting funducational fact.

Critical Multiplier= Completely and utterly average in totality.

Secondary Evaluation-

Damage= She sits in a zone that, in the current arsenal, does not exist! This empty zone is borderlined tween the lavos suit’s abnormal glaive-throwing Cedo and the rare Kuva-Khom damagewise.

Status Chance= A brutal horror indeed! Only the convectrix is able to get a leg up upon this purveyor of bludgeoning blows.

Critical Chance= Heh, parallels the Convectrix in more then one way here, both in numeric skew and percentages.

Critical Damage= Only .1 above the average. 

Bottom Section Inputs:

Heh, way I’ve seen it sir, even a bare sketch is more then capable of drawing a crowd!

Completely understandable sir! It’s why I have multiple personal projects I do! When the wick begins to gutter and smoke, I move to another, where the flames seem to erupt anew at the expense of the other.

Go right ahead! If I can be waylaid to write a three chapter story of the Sentients journey and evolution before somehow writing course and heading back to weapons, I think you can do the same!

Depressing? Nonsense! I’d say this is far more of “being real”. Keeps the air clear, helps folks recall your more then just a production factory.

At long last, I may complete my review! Apologies for the delay, but, rest assured, my heart and soul into each little dashpoint.

17 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, adaptation, just the way the Orokin never wanted it. Never quite the same as what the original makers had in mind, but, inevitably Grineer-“worthy” in the end.

I mean more in the sense that the Orokin had complexity addiction. I get the feeling that a lot of the "simple" designs they were using were just them bruteforcing their way into having a functioning firearm with high tech as opposed to going for simplicity first. Like... have you ever seen a conversion from bolt-action to full-auto or semiauto?

d795afcceef8979d93a65d1a1fe3b398.jpg

(example: The HUOT)

I get the feeling a lot of Orokin engineering is like that, with some overengineering for the sake of blinging out the design. Meanwhile as opposed to doing this, the Grineer just make a space AK or Space M4. Even the Orokin Kalashnikov I made awhile back is hilariously overcomplicated!

(google AN94 diagram for a look at what the internals probably are XD)

17 hours ago, Unus said:

AH, a “multiload” shotgun, for when you need multiple types of ammo loaded in to suit multiple needs! I almost feel like this could be a modifier for our series of pumps that already exist, selecting shell types through some manner of “press reload then 1, 2, 3, etc” system. Regarding making things harder for the opposition, I imagine gene-locking weaponry might work, but, I’m not sure if they could achieve it on the broad scale that the Grineer function at, maybe for their one-off breeds.

It would be a fun addition to some of our shotguns that don't already come with altfires (like, say, the Corinth or Cedo)...

Also, the mention of it being hard for non-Grineer to use is a holdover from when I drew this without a stock :P Originally this had no stock, but I just... have such a hard time drawing stockless shotguns. Shotguns have a lot of recoil, and I need to imagine myself believably shouldering and firing this stuff.

17 hours ago, Unus said:

Fire Rate= Greater then either of it’s kin to be sure, but, still surpassed by the “one-pump-champ” exergis and the “lead-filled corridor maker” drakgoon.

Really, the fire rate is the core of what this design is about - I wanted something a bit more spammy than most of my semiauto shotguns, but a bit less powerful to compensate. Think of it like a mid-road between something like the Strun Wraith and the Sobek. Was a bit leery of making it seemingly so much more powerful than the Strun Wraith (with a better mag) but I figure the Strun's more consistent crit and status will help with that.

17 hours ago, Unus said:

Completely understandable sir! It’s why I have multiple personal projects I do! When the wick begins to gutter and smoke, I move to another, where the flames seem to erupt anew at the expense of the other.

Aaaand that's why I have a lot of art and other fics I keep going in the background =D And why I've been playing a lot of Outriders.

Speaking of which there's at least two guns I've got planned in the future that are heavily inspired by how Outriders perks work, one of which is an homage to a Double Gun, the other is... more of a hypothetical revolver build than anything.

17 hours ago, Unus said:

Go right ahead! If I can be waylaid to write a three chapter story of the Sentients journey and evolution before somehow writing course and heading back to weapons, I think you can do the same!

I think I may do that after the next pistol I post. I've already got a revolver lined up and I feel weird about putting it off too much after this.

Corpus ‘Phantomic Projector’ Burst Pistol

corpus__phantomic_projector__particle_pi

“A burst fire pistol firing Specter Particles, designed by elite cadres of engineers and scientists selected by Parvos Granum himself. Pace your shots for saturating bursts of Specter Particles. Keep the shot trained on enemies for bursts of saturating death, and kill enemies with it to summon allied Specters to your side.”
--Codex

Special traits:

•  Target Analysis: Does 25% more damage for each round that hits an enemy.

• Zooming in reduces recoil after a short period time.

• Spawns Spectres of enemies killed

Lore

It’s a simple fact of life in the Origin System - some technology simply cannot be reproduced. Sometimes it can, but the more advanced it is, the more direct ties to the archeotech of the Orokin or Sentients, or even other civilizations, the less likely it is to have a complete understanding of it. Examples include the biomechanical custodial drones found on Deimos and Venus, Fresnels, Kesslers, and other such resources, along with various Prime parts.

(This can be circumvented by working with Alad V, but that requires working with Alad V.)

This fact of life was upended with the return of Parvos Granum, who soon instituted what he called the Granum New Deal. He started by coming to Corpus academies personally, selecting fringe scientists and young hotheads who hadn’t been taken in by the near-cultlike behaviors of Corpus research teams. The goal of this massive shake-up was to reintroduce a number of lost technologies to the Corpus, some of them so forgotten and arcane that they were barely even concepts to the Corpus, and even create new devices by synthesizing Corpus and Orokin tech.

The Phantomic Projector particle pistol is one such device. Originally ‘just’ a particle pistol, it was reworked to fire Spectre Particles. This gives the weapon a number of peculiarities, such as an (alleged) ability to kill or copy Oro projections  used by the Sentients and Orokin alike, and spawning Spectres on kills. And, strangely, it has noticeable recoil.

Due to a target analysis computer similar to that used on the Arca Scisco, the weapon also increases its damage for each successive hit on enemies by 25%, which resets at the end of each burst.  Zooming in and pausing between shots will automatically lower the recoil of the next burst fired, giving this weapon the possibility to outdamage even the Sicarus Prime if you manage to level every round with someone’s head. 

The Sicarus, however, has better fire rate and more consistent crit.

For the most possible damage with this weapon, aim for center of mass to “walk” the burst up towards the head. Or just aim for the head, pause, and then do lots of damage.

Corpus trusted with this weapon are capable of completely changing the flow of a battle, using it to copy their compatriots… or turn Tenno against Spectres of themselves.

However, there’s one price when it comes to being Corpus and using this weapon… and that is being more hated by the Tenno than even nullifiers. As such, Corpus “Ectoplasmatist” troops armed with Spectre weaponry hang back towards the rear of a fight, often flanked by escorts or armed with short-ranged teleports and invisibility, along with a back-mounted Nullifier Grenade launcher.

Stats

Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 7.8
Magazine: 60
Max Ammo: 420 (nice)
Reload: 3s
Damage: 24
12 Puncture
9 Heat
3 Impact
Burst Count: 5
Critical Chance: 32%

Artist Notes:

I… am beginning to think I have a problem on this one. This can rival some of my more powerful revolvers for headshot damage if you zoom in, the Depezador can now outdamage the Estampida after 4-5 headshots (I think?) and I had to scrap a headshot damage bonus on this because it’s… a burst pistol, it’s good for 12 trigger pulls. I’m in a weird mental space with all these powerful pistols.

I may need to make some machine pistols to get out of this headspace I’m in XD. 

This was an old idea - I struggle to come up with weapon ideas for the Corpus for some reason, especially pistols, and a Parvos Granum-inspired gun that somehow uses spectre particles as part of its utility seemed like a cool idea. The charge functionality, by the way, is inspired by the 30-30 repeater from Apex - it increases in power the longer you aim it, this decreases recoil the longer you aim it.

Then again, the 30-30 has a questionable rep and people in WF have a tendency to fall back on old standbys that have consistently worked (I mean, I still use Frost Prime and Soma Prime or Strun Wraith) so maybe this wouldn’t be an issue. I think I’m overreacting.

….Only now do I wonder if that would be an interesting idea for a burstfire rifle in Apex. I bet Unus has a pistol design I can use to balance out my lopsided sandbox.

• Like 1

Entrati 'Ossuaire' Pistol

entrati__ossuaire__pistol_by_fluffywolf3

Entrati weapons were designed for the strongest, most resilient physiques that could be sculpted by Lorists and haemoturges. The Ossuaire is a notable departure from that, being built for Tenno acolytes that had received comparatively few augmentations.

Compared to its big brother, the Sepulcrum, it has a lower magazine size and lower damage, but better velocity, reload, and to some extent fire rate. Since it fires a short burst from one barrel instead of two, it’s also a little more accurate. Tap altfire to fire a continuously exploding overcharged burst.”

--codex

Lore

Designed by the three-man team of Haruka Lorne, Father Entrati, and an Orokin by the name of Valdor Aulay, the Ossuaire is as close as the Entrati got to “small” and “portable” and “not large enough to serve as Necramech weaponry.”

Which probably says a lot about the It is almost (but not quite) the size of a small SMG or sawed-off shotgun. Almost (but not quite) as powerful. In addition, it’s surprisingly concealable within Orokin robes, and rumor has it that Father used one as his equivalent to a pocket pistol. 

It’s easy to consider it a custom build of the Sepulcrum, and while it acts like that, it’s design is anything but. Too many features bear little resemblance to that weapon.

Which brings us to one question: Is it a good pistol?

Yes.

Extremely. 

Despite its lower caliber and magazine size, the speed of its burst and its high overall stats allow it to punch above its weight.

It fires a smaller, lower-caliber round than the Sepulcrum, but compensates for this with a higher rate of fire and an extra round in the burst, and greater accuracy. If the Ganymedean ‘Hiro’ pistol is a .51 caliber pistol, the Largo is a 10mm, then this is a 9mm. It has lower velocity than the Largo, but lower recoil… and better armor penetration.

The Ossuaire punches into enemies and works better against armor, with more slash than the Sepulcrum. It also has better status. Instead of being loaded with pyrotic explosives, the Ossuaire launches a wave of flaming nano-shrapnel that lacerates unprotected flesh.

In Siphon mode, it fires an overcharged burst that explodes every meter it’s traveled, in addition to exploding on impact with enemies. It also has some punch-through, exploding on contact with enemies as it overpenetrates them… but it finally comes to a rest on hard surfaces in an even larger explosion. 

This made it well-loved among some of the stronger members of the squires of Haruka Lorne’s clan. And even Aulay himself.

Aulay would later use it to commit a crime so horrific that the Orokin had no name for it. He was then executed. Hopefully.

It was not the first slight the Orokin had delivered to Haruka Lorne. It would not be the last.

Father quotes

“Haruka, Aulay, and I built this together. Haruka’s squires wanted something that could drop charging Infested or a Noctilyst in a few shots, and her favorite squire Jubal just…. He couldn’t lift a Sepulcrum for the life of him. So the three of this built this pistol for her squires, but mostly him. Haruka made the basic framework, I did most of the legwork, and Aulay did the engraving.”

Stats

Primary Fire

Rate Of Fire: 6.7
Burst count: 3 
Burst rate: 2.23
Burst Delay: 0.1s
Magazine: 30

Reload: 2s
Total Damage: 63

On impact:

damage: 33
14 Puncture
16 Slash
3 Impact
Status Chance: 18%
Critical Chance: 33%

Radial:

damage: 30
20 heat
10 Slash
Critical Chance: 33%
Blast Radius: 1.2m

Secondary Fire

Rate Of Fire: 6.7
Burst count: 3 
Burst rate: 2.23

On impact:

damage: 66
28 Puncture
32 Slash
6 Impact
Critical Chance: 36%

Radial:

damage: 282
150 heat
132 Slash
Critical Chance: 36%
Blast Radius: 1.1m

Artist Notes:

This is… the second time I homaged Gregor Eisenhorn’s pistol. Sort of. I don’t know if the Largo counts, as that is basically a Laugo Arms Alien that shoots explosive rounds because I got bored. Originally it was just going to be a scoped Lex.

So, I’ve been reading a lot of Dan Abnett lately, starting with Pariah, finding out some… things. And that’s put me in more of a 40k mood than usual. And I got to thinking about some stuff. Like Eisenhorn’s bolt pistol. And the fact that the Sepulcrum is essentially a bolt pistol. And the fact that if Warframes didn’t have beyond-superhuman strength, they wouldn’t be able to use the Sepulcrum. In fact, in the hands of a Tenno, it’d be ludicrously oversized. So then I got to thinking about Eisenhorn’s bolt pistol. How it has such a unique silhouette.

It looks like your typical fun-size assault rifle styled Bolter, but apparently it loads through the pistol grip. And that got me thinking about the idea of a smaller Sepulcrum built for the kind of people that worked alongside Tenno during the Orokin era - something not unlike a Tenno equivalent to chapter serfs.

I’m not entirely sure if ‘Haemoturge’ makes sense - but I was looking for something like “bio-thaumaturge,” and including the word ‘thaum’ seemed too outright magical for Warframe. Think of them like an equivalent to Drukhari Haemonculi, except tasked with manipulating the human form.

• Like 2