Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

3 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I was thinking it'd be closer to the old Akjagara or Quartakk with its inherent multishot.

I guess I could've done that? But I wanted the Garnlok to look like a long-barreled precision rifle, so I thought "Hey, the M14 is good! That's immediately recognizable." So I went for that. Coincidentally, this is why the Fuselok looks like an FN FAL - it was the only other recognizable battle rifle I could think of at the time.

Okay, that sounds pretty dope! Perhaps another order of monks. 

I hadn't really decided. Part of me wants to make them sticky, but part of me also thinks that making them bounce could be fun... But really, they'd be much better as stickies. Also, what're your thoughts - electricity or magnetic? Or electric with a chance to do magnetic, like how the Lenz can do Blast and Cold? 

Ah, so indeed like the duckfoot. Triple-barrel-action oomph.

Ah, some insight into your design philosophy! The Art of Homage, but, under a large layer of toppings and spices that serve to differentiate the flavor. I see.

In one of the Cetus tales, they mention an order of wandering guru-monks who live off of what the community provides for them. Sets up for some juicy potential for a warrior sect or some kinda martial aspect for em, vague enough at least.

That last bit. . . huh, I NEVER actually knew it was in-game feasible. SURE, by all means, go ahead.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Ah, so indeed like the duckfoot. Triple-barrel-action oomph.

Ah, some insight into your design philosophy! The Art of Homage, but, under a large layer of toppings and spices that serve to differentiate the flavor. I see.

In one of the Cetus tales, they mention an order of wandering guru-monks who live off of what the community provides for them. Sets up for some juicy potential for a warrior sect or some kinda martial aspect for em, vague enough at least.

That last bit. . . huh, I NEVER actually knew it was in-game feasible. SURE, by all means, go ahead.

Not to burst your bubble, but I think they're monks in the more more religious rather than martial sense. :P
Y'know, like friars or pilgrims.

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Not to burst your bubble, but I think they're monks in the more more religious rather than martial sense. :P

You can easily have both. There were entire orders of monks in Japan and on the indo-chinese   border which were dedicated to fanatical religious doctrine and martial prowess. The Japanese orders would even sign on to act as deadly "glass cannon" infantry, assured by their masters that death in battle was an assured path to Nirvana.

That all said, I was more thinking of the Xaolin Wanderers and their anti-bandit styles.

Edited by Unus

3 hours ago, Unus said:

That's exactly it! The Depezador is based on the LeMat revolver, the Avakan is based on the AN-94, the Balaenis... actually has a lot of influences like the Browning A5 and Cosmi semiauto shotgun, the Garnlok is an M14, the Oliphaunt and Lupus are bizarre Ross Rifle/Szecsei and Fuchs/Johnson Rifle/Huot Automatic Rifle hybrids. To name a few, anyway. Just with a bunch of other details to make them look interesting.

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

It can be both if we want, we don't know that much about them! :P

Also, heads up again - the Volikor's entry to deviantart is nearly done! It'll get uploaded pretty soon.

Grineer 'Voikor' auto grenade launcher

_volikor__grenade_launcher_by_haruaxeman

"A deadly hybrid of Grineer brutality and Corpus grenades, this devastating automatic weapon is built to turn Corpus proxies into scrap metal."

Users: Tenno, Steel Meridian, Perrin Sequence, Regor Grineer forces, Grineer Frenzied Bombards
Ammunition: Electromagnetic grenades!
Primary FireAutofire: Automatically fire a volley of sticky grenades, while delaying the explosion until you take your finger off the trigger. 
Secondary Fire: Dumbfire: Fires contact-detonated grenades while turning off remote detonation.

Designed by the same Grineer foundry that built the Argonak, and built using experimental blueprints from captured Corpus installations on Mars, the Volikor is intended for use against Corpus proxies and other war machines such as Hyenas, Jackals, Ambulas Model 3s, along with sabotaging Corpus factories. Corpus have learned to dread the pneumatic whistle-thooump of a Volikor, as it heralds millions of credits worth of destroyed machinery. 

Its electromagnetic grenades work on similar principles to the Lenz, but with magnetic and electric damage as opposed to blast and cold. After doing impact damage upon direct hits, the grenades release a magnetic field upon detonation, which then collapses, releasing a devastating blast of electricity. But watch out for the self-damage!

A warning, though - Be careful around any Grineer Bombards found using this. Interrupting their aiming cycle while they use autofire can turn them into Frenzied Grineer Bombards, which refills their health, and allows them charge around the map like Nox troops, exclusively using the secondary fire of the Volikor while also whipping out their melee weapon. But, at least they'll be vulnerable (ish) while reloading! If they don't get to cover, that is. That's right, Grineer Frenzied Bombards get that angry if you interrupt their aim.

Steel Meridian Mod: Sickening Justice
Replaces the magnetic and electric damage warheads in the grenades with aerosolized paralytic blood compounds harvested from dead Grineer Ghouls. Which turns this into a launcher that fires cold/gas grenades.

(I might want to make this into a separate weapon concept. But, at the moment, I just felt too lazy to do it. Besides, we've already got three Grineer grenade launchers at the moment. Adding a fourth just felt like... ehhhh... Should I do it anyway?)

Artist Notes:
I went back and forth on adding a Syndicate mod or Syndicate version, but then I figured I'd do it anyway. Just to see if I could. And while I think it could be interesting, I have to wonder if it takes away some of the niche of the Volikor. Tell me what you think - should I make it a new grenade launcher? Is it okay? Anyway, this is probably my favorite concept from the weapon ideas post I made earlier. The inspirations here are... honestly, pretty straightforward. 

The basic design is inspired by the grenade launcher from the two most recent Deus Ex games, what with its P90-style feed, while the general shape of it takes place from one of the concept weapons for Warframe shown here.   In fact, it has a P90-style feed so I could (mostly) keep that shape intact. Meanwhile, it functions like the Prospector from Destiny 2, with an altfire so people don't get too annoyed by it.

There's a good chance I wouldn't need the altfire, it's not like the grenades will just explode in midair if you take your finger off the trigger, but I wanted to go with this just to be sure.

Also, gonna make a drawing of the Frenzied Bombard SOON (tm). 

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

FANART?!!1!1?1

warframe_rifle_redesign__fuselok__by_mod

SHOUTS OUT TO MODERNMERCENARY FOR MAKING LINEART OF THE FUSELOK

IT'S JUST SO GOOD

For those of you who don't know or didn't look at the previous page, this is a Grineer semiauto battle rifle! It fires one round per trigger pull, buuuuut you can also charge up for full-auto fire. Think of it like the Pandero, except it's a semiauto rifle and you can cancel the burst whenever you want. There'll be a future Fuselok drawing at a dynamic angle, which also includes this dope-ass lineart.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

_volikor__grenade_launcher_by_haruaxeman

"A deadly hybrid of Grineer brutality and Corpus grenades, this devastating automatic weapon is built to turn Corpus proxies into scrap metal."

Users: Tenno, Steel Meridian, Perrin Sequence, Regor Grineer forces, Grineer Frenzied Bombards
Ammunition: Electromagnetic grenades!
Primary FireAutofire: Automatically fire a volley of sticky grenades, while delaying the explosion until you take your finger off the trigger. 
Secondary Fire: Dumbfire: Fires contact-detonated grenades while turning off most combat systems such as remote detonation and autofire. Essentially, this trades burst damage for ease of use.

Designed by the same Grineer foundry that built the Argonak, and built using experimental blueprints from captured Corpus installations on Mars, the Volikor is intended for use against Corpus proxies and other war machines such as Hyenas, Jackals, Ambulas Model 3s, along with sabotaging Corpus factories. Corpus have learned to dread the pneumatic whistle-thooump of a Volikor, as it heralds millions of credits worth of destroyed machinery. 

Its electromagnetic grenades work on similar principles to the Lenz, but with magnetic and electric damage as opposed to blast and cold. After doing impact damage upon direct hits, the grenades release a magnetic field upon detonation, which then collapses, releasing a devastating blast of electricity. But watch out for the self-damage!

A warning, though - Be careful around any Grineer Bombards found using this. Interrupting their aiming cycle while they use autofire can turn them into Frenzied Grineer Bombards, which refills their health, and allows them charge around the map like Nox troops, exclusively using the secondary fire of the Volikor while also whipping out their melee weapon. But, at least they'll be vulnerable (ish) while reloading! If they don't get to cover, that is. That's right, Grineer Frenzied Bombards get that angry if you interrupt their aim.

Steel Meridian Mod: Sickening Justice
Replaces the magnetic and electric damage warheads in the grenades with aerosolized paralytic blood compounds harvested from dead Grineer Ghouls. Which turns this into a launcher that fires cold/gas grenades.

(I might want to make this into a separate weapon concept. But, at the moment, I just felt too lazy to do it. Besides, we've already got three Grineer grenade launchers at the moment. Adding a fourth just felt like... ehhhh... Should I do it anyway?)

Artist Notes:
I went back and forth on adding a Syndicate mod or Syndicate version, but then I figured I'd do it anyway. Just to see if I could. And while I think it could be interesting, I have to wonder if it takes away some of the niche of the Volikor. Tell me what you think - should I make it a new grenade launcher? Is it okay? Anyway, this is probably my favorite concept from the weapon ideas post I made earlier. The inspirations here are... honestly, pretty straightforward. 

The basic design is inspired by the grenade launcher from the two most recent Deus Ex games, what with its P90-style feed, while the general shape of it takes place from one of the concept weapons for Warframe shown here.   In fact, it has a P90-style feed so I could (mostly) keep that shape intact. Meanwhile, it functions like the Prospector from Destiny 2, with an altfire so people don't get too annoyed by it.

There's a good chance I wouldn't need the altfire, it's not like the grenades will just explode in midair if you take your finger off the trigger, but I wanted to go with this just to be sure.

Also, gonna make a drawing of the Frenzied Bombard SOON (tm). 

Aha! Battlefield recycling. Reminds me of my latcher-launcher, though that one is Grineer and Tenno.

Frenzied bombard eh? Some manner of hidden defective timebomb waiting amongst the bombard genome? Huh, a surprise for those not "in-the-know".

Hm. . . honestly, I'm as torn as you are on the "Ghoul Blood Munitions". On the one hand, in what way can you make the theoretical next launcher adequately unique? On the other hand, such a radical change might be seen as a benefit. I CAN say though, that, while I'm split, the split is unevenly biased towards the "remain as augment" aspect.

FANART?!!1!1?1

warframe_rifle_redesign__fuselok__by_mod

SHOUTS OUT TO MODERNMERCENARY FOR MAKING LINEART OF THE FUSELOK

IT'S JUST SO GOOD

For those of you who don't know or didn't look at the previous page, this is a Grineer semiauto battle rifle! It fires one round per trigger pull, buuuuut you can also charge up for full-auto fire. Think of it like the Pandero, except it's a semiauto rifle and you can cancel the burst whenever you want. There'll be a future Fuselok drawing at a dynamic angle, which also includes this dope-ass lineart.

Goddem it, forgot to ask, did you contract this chap out, or, did he just pop in and do this of his own volition?

58 minutes ago, Unus said:

Aha! Battlefield recycling. Reminds me of my latcher-launcher, though that one is Grineer and Tenno.

It's not quite battlefield recycling. It's more that in the aftermath of the Gradivus dilemma, the Grineer found themselves with a large stock of Corpus machinery they could use. Maybe I could use that as an idea for a new tileset - Corpus areas that've been taken over by Grineer... hmmm.

57 minutes ago, Unus said:

Frenzied bombard eh? Some manner of hidden defective timebomb waiting amongst the bombard genome? Huh, a surprise for those not "in-the-know".

It's inspired by at least two "rager" monsters from games I like - Goliaths from Borderlands 2, and Ragers from Gears of War: Judgment! Goliaths turn into fast, deranged berserkers when you shoot off their helmets - and they also have a chance to attack their own allies when their helmets are gone. They also level up and gain health when they kill one of their allies, which opens up a lot of strategic options. Ragers, though, are these small, seemingly weedy little troops armed with bolt-action sniper rifles... 

Except they also turn into grotesquely overmuscled berserk monsters when you don't kill them in a single headshot, running at you and screaming at the top of their lungs.  I've mixed feelings here  about how to convey their transformation. Do we make them massive and grotesquely overmuscled on top of strangely tiny mechanical limbs, are they already going to be in armor, do they lose armor... 

It's a cool idea, but there's so many hurdles I'd have to jump through. Also, I liked the idea of them being armed with normally precise weapons (they're also armed with Fuseloks) that have unpredictable berserker modes.

(You just know this was Vay Hek's idea, don't you)

Also, expect a post with the Frenzied Grineer in there!

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . honestly, I'm as torn as you are on the "Ghoul Blood Munitions". On the one hand, in what way can you make the theoretical next launcher adequately unique? On the other hand, such a radical change might be seen as a benefit. I CAN say though, that, while I'm split, the split is unevenly biased towards the "remain as augment" aspect.

Yeah, the "how can I make the theoretical next launcher unique" question was what really stonewalled me. I've already made a revolver grenade launcher, and pump-action grenade launcher, and the game already has a break-open grenade launcher, a Metal Storm grenade launcher, and the Penta...

There's only so far I can take the idea before I feel like I'm just doing the same launcher again and again, y'know? Strange magazine designs are nothing new for Warframe, so I guess I could make something up, but I like having a real-life design (or a fictional design that's weird but is closely related to real life) to work from when push comes to shove, no matter how bizarre it is.

I'm also a bit hamstrung by the fact that these ghoul blood munitions pretty much have to be Grineer. It doesn't make sense as Orokin, Tenno, Corpus... 

I mean I guess it could work as Infested? That might not be a bad idea.

56 minutes ago, Unus said:

Goddem it, forgot to ask, did you contract this chap out, or, did he just pop in and do this of his own volition?

He popped in and asked if I'd mind if he made art of my art, and I was all like "sure, why not!" and that's how we got here.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

It's not quite battlefield recycling. It's more that in the aftermath of the Gradivus dilemma, the Grineer found themselves with a large stock of Corpus machinery they could use. Maybe I could use that as an idea for a new tileset - Corpus areas that've been taken over by Grineer... hmmm.

It's inspired by at least two "rager" monsters from games I like - Goliaths from Borderlands 2, and Ragers from Gears of War: Judgment! Goliaths turn into fast, deranged berserkers when you shoot off their helmets - and they also have a chance to attack their own allies when their helmets are gone. They also level up and gain health when they kill one of their allies, which opens up a lot of strategic options. Ragers, though, are these small, seemingly weedy little troops armed with bolt-action sniper rifles... 

Except they also turn into grotesquely overmuscled berserk monsters when you don't kill them in a single headshot, running at you and screaming at the top of their lungs.  I've mixed feelings here  about how to convey their transformation. Do we make them massive and grotesquely overmuscled on top of strangely tiny mechanical limbs, are they already going to be in armor, do they lose armor... 

It's a cool idea, but there's so many hurdles I'd have to jump through. Also, I liked the idea of them being armed with normally precise weapons (they're also armed with Fuseloks) that have unpredictable berserker modes.

(You just know this was Vay Hek's idea, don't you)

Also, expect a post with the Frenzied Grineer in there!

Yeah, the "how can I make the theoretical next launcher unique" question was what really stonewalled me. I've already made a revolver grenade launcher, and pump-action grenade launcher, and the game already has a break-open grenade launcher, a Metal Storm grenade launcher, and the Penta...

There's only so far I can take the idea before I feel like I'm just doing the same launcher again and again, y'know? Strange magazine designs are nothing new for Warframe, so I guess I could make something up, but I like having a real-life design (or a fictional design that's weird but is closely related to real life) to work from when push comes to shove, no matter how bizarre it is.

I'm also a bit hamstrung by the fact that these ghoul blood munitions pretty much have to be Grineer. It doesn't make sense as Orokin, Tenno, Corpus... 

I mean I guess it could work as Infested? That might not be a bad idea.

He popped in and asked if I'd mind if he made art of my art, and I was all like "sure, why not!" and that's how we got here.

Oh, that's exactly what I meant sir. As always, my work speaks better then I do.

I am well acquinted with both those foes sir, hence my thought of, well, what if these bombards couldn't be differentiated from their bretheren? What if, on higher levels, every shot you took on a bombard was a risk that this particular one was a zerker?

Are you sure it was Hek? I coulda swore Regor had a Manic Bombard under glass, though I CAN'T POSSIBLY IMAGINE Vay Hek leverageing his diplomatic position to, say, lean on Regy Boy for a tube or two? Not the straight stuff mind you, just something just a wee bit off the hinge.

Yeesh, deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole we go. Perhaps putting it to a viewer vote like I did with my Unum gun could help? Let the audience be your coin flip!

Ah, the fun stuff! I've never had it outta the blue like that before, but, I have had it when I showed someone something just to get their opinion on it, and they suddenly turn around and say "Here, your there work inspired me." and I suddenly got a full-blown sketch. Really means your hittin the highlights when others find themselves sucked in like that, congrats!

22 minutes ago, Unus said:

I am well acquinted with both those foes sir, hence my thought of, well, what if these bombards couldn't be differentiated from their bretheren? What if, on higher levels, every shot you took on a bombard was a risk that this particular one was a zerker?

That's evil!

I like it. That said, there'd probably be some way to tell eventually. If I could release these bombards (And Lancers, possibly - there's a similar Fuselok variant) into the world, I'd show them as new varieties of each enemy, showcasing the new gun. And it'd be in a big, high-profile update too, just so you could be watching a livestream of someone getting thrown for a loop! It'd be great.

26 minutes ago, Unus said:

Are you sure it was Hek? I coulda swore Regor had a Manic Bombard under glass, though I CAN'T POSSIBLY IMAGINE Vay Hek leverageing his diplomatic position to, say, lean on Regy Boy for a tube or two? Not the straight stuff mind you, just something just a wee bit off the hinge.

I'm not sure, but these are basically ticking time bombs that can inevitably turn into the Grustrag three! Which is exactly something Hek would do.

27 minutes ago, Unus said:

Yeesh, deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole we go. Perhaps putting it to a viewer vote like I did with my Unum gun could help? Let the audience be your coin flip!

I don't know if I have the audience to do that.

28 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ah, the fun stuff! I've never had it outta the blue like that before, but, I have had it when I showed someone something just to get their opinion on it, and they suddenly turn around and say "Here, your there work inspired me." and I suddenly got a full-blown sketch. Really means your hittin the highlights when others find themselves sucked in like that, congrats!

It's like a wonderful floaty feeling...

• 2 weeks later...

BONUS HOUR FILLER SUPER CREATE:

KUVA SPY REWORK IDEA

As inspired by the fact that the new Kuva Fortress Survival mission was referred to as

an Endless Survival with an Excavation/Defense twist

I had to ask myself: What else could I apply this to?

And I decided: Spy missions! 

In my idea, Spy sections would retooled so the vaults are now in the middle of a defense style arena around a massive Kuva device. It's at this point that I run into two interpretations, one put forth by MysticBandit from spacebattles. The other by me, obviously. I figured it was only fair that I showed you both interpretations:

Fluffy: Upon reaching the device and hacking it, you then have to defend it. Detection means you have only so long until the siphon gets destroyed or something. Getting to it completely undetected means BONUS KUVA! Also, hacking the vault and unlocking the Defense segment would open up a door outside the vault, to let other players - and also Grineer - inside. I am not a monster.

MysticBandit:  if you can sneak into them and hack away then that's good and fine, but if you get caught you have to defend the console from local forces while the Lotus/Ordis tries to force it open to get the data.

So, which concept do you like more? While I like that MysticBandit's idea makes super stealthy players feel rewarded, I also feel like it might make the mission feel like too much of a chore if you keep ending up on Defense/excavation-ish detours. Lord knows that sometimes it feels like a chore when a Spy mission turns into another Exterminate Mission and THE RATEL KEEP SPAWNING, AAA-

Anyway.

I am also toying with the idea of vault's defenses getting turned against you during the defense section.

POYANG Grenade Launcher

poyang__uncolored__by_haruaxeman-dc7m3w4poyang__colored__by_haruaxeman-dc7m325.j

"An ancestor of the Zarr, this Tenno pump-action incendiary grenade launcher was built for two things: battlefield control, and scouring Infested from the Origin System"

Mag size: 4 

Shotgun
Damage: 560
310 Heat
220 Slash
30 Puncture 
10 Impact
Multishot: 10
Critical Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 2.7x
Status Chance: 8.4%

Launcher:
Damage: 400
180 Blast
180 Incendiary
10 Impact
30 Slash
Status Chance: 23%
Crit Chance: 33%
Crit Multiplier: 2.7x
Blast Radius: 4.5 meters

Primary FireNapalm Grenade - fires an incendiary grenade that bursts on impact, leaving the floor burning. 
Secondary Fire: Dragon's Breath - Fires a shotgunlike blast of incendiary pellets.

The Poyang is a pump-action Tenno grenade launcher that is a study in contradictions. A Tenno weapon that was built to the artistic sensibilities of the Orokin... despite being their equivalent of the mass-produced, undercooked Grineer weaponry. Built among weapons that reward precision and accuracy... with two brutal firing modes. It seems either more Grineer than Tenno, or vice versa.

And the reason for that is simple: In the early years where the Orokin turned Grineer armed with saws and archaic ballistic weapons against the Sentients, where they died by the thousands and had lifespans measurable in minutes, it was a Grineer weapon. However, as the Grineer built their empire from a jumble of asteroids known as the Kuva Fortress, the Poyang was phased out in favor of the Zarr, which exchanged reload speed and rate of fire for larger warheads with bigger explosions, and the weapons used by Grineer Napalm troops. Both required less training and were simpler to build, anyway.

Upon impact, the Poyang's grenades have a stagger effect on enemies caught within the blast radius. It's a grenade launcher, it just wouldn't be the same without it.

Comparisons to other, similar weapons:
Zarr
: The Poyang has a better shotgun, but the Zarr's grenades cause more status, crit, and the radius is technically larger. Cause, y'know. Cluster bombs. Also, the Zarr has more physical damage. That said, unlike the Zarr, the Poyang is capable of reaching 100% status. While the Poyang's stats (except in terms of physical damage) may seem to surpass it, the Zarr essentially explodes twice. So really, it's up to you what you want to do here. The Poyang also has a slightly slower reload speed, and a mag size of four!
Proxima: has a smaller blast radius at 4.0, but this is to compensate for the fact that it's proximity-detonated. Also, SLASH PROCS FOR DAYS.
Volikor: While the Poyang absolutely outclasses the Volikor's dumbfire mode, (that's more of a quality of life thing) the Volikor absolutely outdoes it in terms of burst damage.

artist notes
My attempt at coloring a Warframe concept! I'm not that happy with the coloring (I have no clue how to color in wood grain) but overall, I think this is a good attempt. If you're wondering why it's called the Poyang, well... it's a pump action grenade launcher. That looks like a giant shotgun. You might as well google the word 'poyang' if you don't get the joke. Originally it was called the Qinghai, but, well, that didn't seem immediately recognizable enough.

As for why it has a shotgun mode, well... I didn't really want to, but I figured that it was pump action and people would think "shotgun" no matter what I did.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

POYANG Grenade Launcher

poyang__uncolored__by_haruaxeman-dc7m3w4poyang__colored__by_haruaxeman-dc7m325.j

"An ancestor of the Zarr, this Tenno pump-action incendiary grenade launcher was built for two things: battlefield control, and scouring Infested from the Origin System"

Mag size: 4 
Status Chance: 35%
Crit Chance: 20%
Crit Multiplier: 3.0x
Blast Radius: 4.5 meters

Primary FireNapalm Grenade - fires an incendiary grenade that bursts on impact, leaving the floor burning. 
Secondary Fire: Dragon's Breath - Fires a shotgunlike blast of incendiary pellets.

The Poyang is a pump-action Tenno grenade launcher that is a study in contradictions. A Tenno weapon that was built to the artistic sensibilities of the Orokin... despite being their equivalent of the mass-produced, undercooked Grineer weaponry. Built among weapons that reward precision and accuracy... with two brutal firing modes. It seems either more Grineer than Tenno, or vice versa.

And the reason for that is simple: In the early years where the Orokin turned Grineer armed with saws and archaic ballistic weapons against the Sentients, where they died by the thousands and had lifespans measurable in minutes, it was a Grineer weapon. However, as the Grineer built their empire from a jumble of asteroids known as the Kuva Fortress, the Poyang was phased out in favor of the Zarr, which exchanged reload speed and rate of fire for larger warheads with bigger explosions, and the weapons used by Grineer Napalm troops. Both required less training and were simpler to build, anyway.

Upon impact, the Poyang's grenades have a stagger effect on enemies caught within the blast radius. It's a grenade launcher, it just wouldn't be the same without it.

Comparisons to other, similar weapons:
Zarr
: The Poyang has a better shotgun, but the Zarr's grenades cause more status, crit, and the radius is technically larger. Cause, y'know. Cluster bombs. Also, the Zarr has more physical damage. That said, unlike the Zarr, the Poyang is capable of reaching 100% status. While the Poyang's stats (except in terms of physical damage) may seem to surpass it, the Zarr essentially explodes twice. So really, it's up to you what you want to do here. The Poyang also has a faster reload speed, and a mag size of four!
Proxima: has a smaller blast radius at 4.0, but this is to compensate for the fact that it's proximity-detonated. Also, SLASH PROCS FOR DAYS.
Volikor: While the Poyang absolutely outclasses the Volikor's dumbfire mode, (that's more of a quality of life thing) the Volikor absolutely outdoes it in terms of burst damage.

artist notes
My attempt at coloring a Warframe concept! I'm not that happy with the coloring (I have no clue how to color in wood grain) but overall, I think this is a good attempt. If you're wondering why it's called the Poyang, well... it's a pump action grenade launcher. That looks like a giant shotgun. You might as well google the word 'poyang' if you don't get the joke. Originally it was called the Qinghai, but, well, that didn't seem immediately recognizable enough.

As for why it has a shotgun mode, well... I didn't really want to, but I figured that it was pump action and people would think "shotgun" no matter what I did.

AH, and so the curtain is pulled back and the form is revealed! Let's see. . .

For your first time? Hmmmm. . . something about the metal seems a bit . . . off. There's this odd stainless steel effect going that, while certainly metallic, just seems to be odd for the weapon in question.

The upper left light and the bottom left light are superb, as are the bottom right and right side ones. The MIDDLE one however, is a bit. . . kinked, needs a bit of smoothing.

The grenade sight is excellant.

And the pump and stock? If you were going for a "cracked leather" aesthetic, spot on suh.

Statistics:

The Critical Damage is a little bit above and beyond anything available today in it's category. Statistics and Critical Chance only slightly so.

I mean, you didn't EXACTLY have to make it have a shotgun alternative, coulda stood on it's own two feet and let it's mechanics speak for itself. 

And that's what I gotta say about it suh.

Edited by Unus

2 minutes ago, Unus said:

The Critical Damage is a little bit above and beyond anything available today in it's category. Statistics and Critical Chance only slightly so.

I was trying to make it competitive with the Zarr while still giving the Zarr some advantages.  The Zarr has... what, 2-3 separate instances of status or crit per shot, thanks to the cluster bombs? So that means it's automatically going to outclass this, probably. There's a good chance I did go overboard with critical multiplier, though.

Also, this is the first time I was trying to color something that's not as metallic and regular as a Corpus weapon. So if some thing are a bit off, that's probably why. 

8 minutes ago, Unus said:

The grenade sight is excellant.

Thanks! It's pretty heavily inspired by the Tonkor, with some influence from the Stalker's armor. 

7 minutes ago, Unus said:

I mean, you didn't EXACTLY have to make it have a shotgun alternative, coulda stood on it's own two feet and let it's mechanics speak for itself. 

It's a big shotgun-shaped pump-action gun. Technically, I didn't have to, but... ehhhh. I figured it'd be impossible to resist.

ALSO I TOTALLY FORGOT TO TYPE IN THE AUGMENT, AAAA-

excuse me

4 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I was trying to make it competitive with the Zarr while still giving the Zarr some advantages.  The Zarr has... what, 2-3 separate instances of status or crit per shot, thanks to the cluster bombs? So that means it's automatically going to outclass this, probably. There's a good chance I did go overboard with critical multiplier, though.

Also, this is the first time I was trying to color something that's not as metallic and regular as a Corpus weapon. So if some thing are a bit off, that's probably why. 

Thanks! It's pretty heavily inspired by the Tonkor, with some influence from the Stalker's armor. 

It's a big shotgun-shaped pump-action gun. Technically, I didn't have to, but... ehhhh. I figured it'd be impossible to resist.

ALSO I TOTALLY FORGOT TO TYPE IN THE AUGMENT, AAAA-

excuse me

Acknowledged.

As always, this is critque to help you grow your work, nothing placed as a personal attack or anything.

Huh, talk about an eclectic inspiration combo.

Ah, personal temptation! I understand better, thought you were pressured into it by outside forces for whatever reason. That P.T. was the big reason why I ended up with that new Conclave bullpup over in the Pit, despite all my senses screaming "NO ONE CARES ABOUT CONCLAVE, DON'T EVEN TRY.

Whoops.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

POYANG SYNDICATE AUGMENT: Cold Truth

Replaces "Dragon's Breath" secondary fire with a cryotic burst similar to the Depezador Prime's altfire. Enemies that have been hit with the cryotic burst do AoE damage (it's not too much) upon death. They also take increased damage from heat sources!

Ah, I'm starting to see a consistent theme of "fire and ice" among your works.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, personal temptation! I understand better, thought you were pressured into it by outside forces for whatever reason. That P.T. was the big reason why I ended up with that new Conclave bullpup over in the Pit, despite all my senses screaming "NO ONE CARES ABOUT CONCLAVE, DON'T EVEN TRY.

Well, personal temptation and how I was convinced other people would be tempted to think when they were handed this giant pump-action gun. It's a little of both. I mean, if I played a videogame and I had this short, heavy gun with a pump, it seemed logical I'd immediately think "shotgun."

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, I'm starting to see a consistent theme of "fire and ice" among your works.

It's very dramatic. 

As for why it happened with the Depezadors, well... it's kind of funny. The flaregun on the Telos Depezador was inspired by the revolver/flaregun combo from Bulletstorm, and the cryo shotgun seemed like a perfectly reasonable thing to have if I felt too closed in while I was aiming.

Which reminds me - I'm still not really sure how the switching-status would work on the Lupus, though. Fun idea, but it's giving me a headache trying to puzzle it ou...

wait a minute

what if it cycles between builds, essentially giving it 3 fire modes like the tiberon

IT'S THE MOST LOGICAL OPTION I CAN THINK OF

BONUS SUPER HOUR SURVEY CREATE: Hospitalized for now

So, uh, I'm in a hospital right now. I kind of broke everything in my back that you can break without getting paralyzed. It hurts super bad. So, while I'm here, not uploading the kind of quality concepts you deserve, I figure I'd try and open up some requests.

To this end, I'd like to ask: What kind of weapons would you like to see more of? Corpus shotguns or battle rifles? An inventive concept for grenade launchers? Just post concepts here. I'll have plenty of time to get back to them.

BONUS SUPER HOUR SURVEY CREATE: Hospitalized for now

So, uh, I'm in a hospital right now. I kind of broke everything in my back that you can break without getting paralyzed. It hurts super bad. So, while I'm here, not uploading the kind of quality concepts you deserve, I figure I'd try and open up some requests.

To this end, I'd like to ask: What kind of weapons would you like to see more of? Corpus shotguns or battle rifles? An inventive concept for grenade launchers? Just post concepts here. I'll have plenty of time to get back to them.

Don't die Fluffy! You still have much work to do! :P

I actually have a bit of an... unseen request, I suppose. Y'see, I just started my biggest fan concept yet- THE LEGION OF TAU. It's all about our most mysterious and also powerful enemies- The Sentient!
So to get down to it, I was wondering whether or not you'd like to make some Sentient based weapons in collaboration with my big idea! Your mind is a huge, limitless pool of cool ideas and great concepts, and I'd love to have you on board as a weapon designer!
You can totally make weapons at your own leisure, and any weapons that I may incorporate into the Tau Expansion (should you agree to this) will be sure to have a tag pointing back to you!

Whatcha say?

Also, Unus, I know you're always watching. ;) If you have any cool ideas to add to the Legion of Tau, feel free to let me know!

13 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Nah, I ain't dead. Or paralyzed. Or brain-injured. And everything below the waist works. Before you even ask, yes! Yes it does. In fact, I'm getting discharged today, and I can actually walk! All about 49 hours after the accident, weirdly enough.

I'm totally down for making Sentient weapons. Sentient weapons are pretty fun, and I had a ball making the EXECUTION axe. For whatever reason, I have an easier time conceptualizing melee weapons for Sentients. Sentient guns could be interesting - especially a grenade launcher of some kind! 

Hmmm, if I'm making Sentient weapons,  maybe some of them can be Tenno war trophies that were, shall we say, reshaped...

• Like 1

On 4/9/2018 at 12:51 AM, Almighty_Jado said:

I actually have a bit of an... unseen request, I suppose. Y'see, I just started my biggest fan concept yet- THE LEGION OF TAU. It's all about our most mysterious and also powerful enemies- The Sentient!
So to get down to it, I was wondering whether or not you'd like to make some Sentient based weapons in collaboration with my big idea! Your mind is a huge, limitless pool of cool ideas and great concepts, and I'd love to have you on board as a weapon designer!
You can totally make weapons at your own leisure, and any weapons that I may incorporate into the Tau Expansion (should you agree to this) will be sure to have a tag pointing back to you!

Whatcha say?

Also, Unus, I know you're always watching. ;) If you have any cool ideas to add to the Legion of Tau, feel free to let me know!

AH! Another Sentient piece!

Hm. . . thankfully, few if any of your concepted units touch anything near my own set, plus the ideas I still have in my head, so, uh, sure, I can give it a shot on my next Pit-Break.

If nothing else, I can skitter about and collect some fragments of old Sentient designs of the weapons variety I have that might tickle folk's fancy.