Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

19 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Almost nothing I used felt powerful.... *grumbles*

brink-nerf2.jpg

Yeah, I liked the way it had a rail above the receiver - it looked like there was, like... a  tiny receiver within the receiver.

grineer__garnlok__rifle_by_haruaxeman-dc

And I took inspiration from the assault rifle from FEAR 1, cause I figured that'd make a cool silhouette.

AH! It kinda eminds me of one of those Grendel rifles from Crysis 2 for that reason.

15 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Quadrille' shotgun

tenno__quadrille__shotgun_by_haruaxeman-

"Drum a rapid beat with the Quadrille's burst system, or give slower, measured hits with semiautomatic shots."
Primary Fire: Semiauto - fires 1 round per trigger pull. Crit-based. (28% Crit chance, 15% status, 2.3x crit multiplier)
Secondary Fire: Burst - Fires entire magazine tube. Status-based, but with horrible inaccuracy. It rivals the Tigris Prime at point-blank, but at the cost of terrible recoil and high damage falloff.  (32% status chance, 15% crit chance, 2.3x crit multiplier) Much like the Pandero, this cannot be aimed. But it is a lot of damage!

Unique Traits: 

• Manual Rotation - You have to manually rotate the 16-round magazine every 25% of total magazine expenditure. This takes noticeably longer than pumping the Corinth. Especially after using secondary fire.
  • Increasing Burst - Similar to the Pandero and Angstrum, adding magazine capacity mods increases the number of rounds per burst. For example, if you have a mod that increases magazine size by 25% (...I realize this probably isn't how it works, but just go with it) then 1 round is added to each four-round tube. And thus you have a five-round burst per tube, 4 times over.

Magazine capacity: 16 (4 per tube)

The Quadrille is Octavia's signature shotgun, a 16-round semiauto/burst weapon. It's a shotgunlike adaptation of the Pandero, using similar systems to either fire quick, measured semiauto shots, or barely controllable bursts. It feeds from a revolver-like arrangement of four tube magazines, which have to be hand-revolved whenever a tube (which contains 4 rounds before mods) is spent. As mentioned earlier, each tube is divided into 25% of the magazine - a 16 round mag equals four shots before you have to hand revolve it.

It serves as something of a hybrid of semiauto and pump-action. It's semiauto... until it has to be manually worked like a pump-action. In a unique departure from Orokin sensibilities, most of its structure (aside from the barrel, of course) is actually made from a Corpus-forged spaceship-grade aluminum alloy.

The Quadrille was built as part of a somewhat friendly competition between two Archimedian forgemasters (specifically, this one was made by the creator of the Tenora, competing with the maker of the Soma) attempting to recreate autoshotguns from historical records scavenged from ancient satellites that dated back to Earth's distant past. Due to a combination of the Orokin deleting records, and simple age, neither of them entirely knew how said shotguns worked, so they had to make a lot of (questionably) logical guesses. As was true for most Orokin weapons.

Its build flexibility is both its greatest strength and weakness. You 
could go for a high magazine-capacity, high-status build... but that would require sacrificing at least one crit chance mod. You could go for a crit-status build with 100% status, but that doesn't leave an overabundance of freedom for what I consider quality-of-life mods. Plus, you wouldn't be able to add in Hunter Munitions. And that's terrible. 

Really, every build has to sacrifice something. This is probably true for most guns in Warframe, but it's 
super true for the Quadrille. 

author notes
Holy BALLS, this took a long time to color. I had to teach myself how to texture, (twice!) do a lot of manual stuff, create a bunch of gradients and then delete them...

Honestly, I think I just submitted it now because I was tired of editing this. As for why it's mostly aluminum, well... most of the metallic textures I used for this were based on an aluminum texture I took from a google search, and I was too lazy to look for anything different. Coloring is hard.

The "historical record" used was actually Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Deus Ex: Human Revolution was also found, but the Archimedians couldn't agree on which one was better. (Personally, I think I liked Human Revolution more. Though I also consider the Devastator a much more fun shotgun than the base model.) 

As for what I said about the Archimedians not knowing how the shotguns the built worked, that's something of a headcanon of mine - the Orokin were so advanced they forgot about conventional ballistic weapons at the time they were forced to adopt them. I suspect that they had to use all their advanced technology to reinvent the wheel - like a research lab from modern day earth that somehow knows nothing about gunsmithing, using all the advanced resources at their disposal to create a matchlock. The Grineer, however, inherited this, so they’ve also had to reinvent, re-engineer, and add their own new innovations to the wheel. 

Also, before I forget to mention it, this shotgun is heavily inspired by the SRM1216 shotgun, to the point of this thing being near-identical. Except, as far as I know, the SRM1216 doesn't have a burst function. A fully-automatic SRM1216 does exist, but that would totally invalidate how this works. Because this was made by Orokin, and Orokin are naturally obsessed with A E S T H E T I C, there's a number of revolver-like elements around the mag, including a loading gate. I don't think that would work on a real-life SRM1216, or that there is any way I could make that work gameplay-wise, but it would be cool. 

As (heavily) inspired by Sean Bigham's Pandero and Tenora concept art.

Aestheticswise, before I even read a single bit of the description, I took one look at the picture and my mind started shrieking "ITS TENNO!". Looks like your getting their design and paint styleing down to pat, hehe.

AH, I see, another instrument in Octavia's Orchestra of Carnage (F.T.M.). Given how much folks seemed to be romantically entwined with the Pandero prior to a slight statistical tweak making it fall out of favor, I can see a market for a scattershooter.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

Aestheticswise, before I even read a single bit of the description, I took one look at the picture and my mind started shrieking "ITS TENNO!". Looks like your getting their design and paint styleing down to pat, hehe.

Exquisite 🙂 I'm glad it worked out, it was super hard for me to get Octavia's aesthetic out here.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

AH, I see, another instrument in Octavia's Orchestra of Carnage (F.T.M.). Given how much folks seemed to be romantically entwined with the Pandero prior to a slight statistical tweak making it fall out of favor, I can see a market for a scattershooter.

It may have had status reduced by 5%, but I still do love the Pandero. 

Trying to balance the burstfire mode was really hard, but I figured that giving it as many downsides as I did was a step in the right direction.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Exquisite 🙂 I'm glad it worked out, it was super hard for me to get Octavia's aesthetic out here.

It may have had status reduced by 5%, but I still do love the Pandero. 

Trying to balance the burstfire mode was really hard, but I figured that giving it as many downsides as I did was a step in the right direction.

Then your effort is rewarded suh!

Personal opinion? That's what modifiers are for! Glad to see someone is a little more laid-back over some of the. . . pleasant responses  I've seen. 

Indeed. Risk vs Reward always helps in keeping things from the unpleasant "BOLTERPRIMEFOEvEEEEAHHHH" episodes.

7 hours ago, Unus said:

Personal opinion? That's what modifiers are for! Glad to see someone is a little more laid-back over some of the. . . pleasant responses  I've seen. 

I didn't see the point in getting mad. I mean, it's still the Pandero. It's still awesome. What was I gonna say about it, anyway?

7 hours ago, Unus said:

Indeed. Risk vs Reward always helps in keeping things from the unpleasant "BOLTERPRIMEFOEvEEEEAHHHH" episodes.

It's never fun when a gaming community decides that out of everything, there is only The One Gun.

(*Year 1 Destiny flashbacks intensify*)

Thorns, and Matador 64s, Party Crashers, and Felwinter's Lies, all with the most overpowered builds, killing me everywhere, all the time, forever and forever, a hundred years, rick and morty and some things, turning it against others, all day long, all summer long, NOT STOPPING UNTIL TAKEN KING-

Anyway. Look forward to yet another shotgun soon!

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I didn't see the point in getting mad. I mean, it's still the Pandero. It's still awesome. What was I gonna say about it, anyway?

It's never fun when a gaming community decides that out of everything, there is only The One Gun.

(*Year 1 Destiny flashbacks intensify*)

Thorns, and Matador 64s, Party Crashers, and Felwinter's Lies, all with the most overpowered builds, killing me everywhere, all the time, forever and forever, a hundred years, rick and morty and some things, turning it against others, all day long, all summer long, NOT STOPPING UNTIL TAKEN KING-

Anyway. Look forward to yet another shotgun soon!

Ah, so you suffered the absolute agony of being beaten TO DEATH by "The Only Guns", rather then just by them scorewise. Heart goes out to you and your shellshock.

Much the same on my end Mr. Wolf, partially anyway, a third of it is at least. 

On 2018-07-08 at 12:22 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Worse. I had to sink to their level too.

Yowch, "He who layers down with dogs will rise up with fleas.", only, in this case, the "he" was pinned down under a dogpile and got the fleas desperately trying to scuttle out. Glad you escaped to greener pastures. . . I think?

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Yowch, "He who layers down with dogs will rise up with fleas.", only, in this case, the "he" was pinned down under a dogpile and got the fleas desperately trying to scuttle out. Glad you escaped to greener pastures. . . I think?

College started up again, and I straight up couldn't play Destiny on college wifi on an Xbox 360. And this was at the same time as Bungie's monthly uselessness rotation (I have done some thinking, and virtually every non-Heavy weapon class spent some time as "the useless one." Handcannons continually had their range nerfed, pulse rifles were completely ignored for months, assault rifles spent nearly a year as utterly useless... ) so I just sort of... lost interest. Then, about a year later, I got an Xbox one so I could play DOOM, then Mankind Divided. Then, when I ended up really depressed after the second time a FOKKING KONTGESIG tried to get me thrown off campus or shot by campus police, I was all "Ugh, nobody wants me here, least of all me. I wish I could play Warframe... wait a minute, I can play warframe! I have an Xbox one!"

Also I had Titanfall 2, which is where the idea for the Bruin came from, (The Alternator and Flatline were friggin DOPE) but that's not important right now. But that's where my warframe addiction came from. Depression. And probably some PTSD.

And they're certainly greener now, though it didn't quite seem that way. I always sorta thought Warframe and Destiny would be on equal footing, y'know? I was going to get Destiny 2, but I remembered how lackluster the first release had been, so I decided I'd wait for reviews. Then, just when I was about to buy it... I think that's when the news about the EXP throttling came out? From that point on, whenever I even considered getting Destiny 2, bad news would come out - like the fact that if anything the game was too rewarding, or the lack of an endgame, or the lootbox-fueled pay-to-win gameplay, or one of the practically weekly news stories about how bad it really was.

So that's why I stopped making exotic weapon ideas and started making regular Warframe weapon ideas. Totally honest, I like Warframe's approach to guns more - guns aren't divided into classes so rigidly, so you can have stuff like the Miter and Amprex (which couldn't quite fit into any class in Destiny) or stuff with altfires like the Zarr or Pandero. Plus, our melees are cooler - we have Broken War, Unbroken War, the Atterax, my Plague Kripath Zaw, the Arca Titron, and the Jat Kittag. And our elemental weapons and effects are also (*casts eye at Glaxion and cold damage* literally) cooler. I was really excited when the devs of Destiny said they were making every gun by hand, ignoring stuff like Borderlands 2's procedural generation, but then I just lost interest when I saw that every class had like... the same two models. 

(ALSO: No, I am not south african. I just taught myself all the swearwords for a story I write.)

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

College started up again, and I straight up couldn't play Destiny on college wifi on an Xbox 360. And this was at the same time as Bungie's monthly uselessness rotation (I have done some thinking, and virtually every non-Heavy weapon class spent some time as "the useless one." Handcannons continually had their range nerfed, pulse rifles were completely ignored for months, assault rifles spent nearly a year as utterly useless... ) so I just sort of... lost interest. Then, about a year later, I got an Xbox one so I could play DOOM, then Mankind Divided. Then, when I ended up really depressed after the second time a FOKKING KONTGESIG tried to get me thrown off campus or shot by campus police, I was all "Ugh, nobody wants me here, least of all me. I wish I could play Warframe... wait a minute, I can play warframe! I have an Xbox one!"

Also I had Titanfall 2, which is where the idea for the Bruin came from, (The Alternator and Flatline were friggin DOPE) but that's not important right now. But that's where my warframe addiction came from. Depression. And probably some PTSD.

And they're certainly greener now, though it didn't quite seem that way. I always sorta thought Warframe and Destiny would be on equal footing, y'know? I was going to get Destiny 2, but I remembered how lackluster the first release had been, so I decided I'd wait for reviews. Then, just when I was about to buy it... I think that's when the news about the EXP throttling came out? From that point on, whenever I even considered getting Destiny 2, bad news would come out - like the fact that if anything the game was too rewarding, or the lack of an endgame, or the lootbox-fueled pay-to-win gameplay, or one of the practically weekly news stories about how bad it really was.

So that's why I stopped making exotic weapon ideas and started making regular Warframe weapon ideas. Totally honest, I like Warframe's approach to guns more - guns aren't divided into classes so rigidly, so you can have stuff like the Miter and Amprex (which couldn't quite fit into any class in Destiny) or stuff with altfires like the Zarr or Pandero. Plus, our melees are cooler - we have Broken War, Unbroken War, the Atterax, my Plague Kripath Zaw, the Arca Titron, and the Jat Kittag. And our elemental weapons and effects are also (*casts eye at Glaxion and cold damage* literally) cooler. I was really excited when the devs of Destiny said they were making every gun by hand, ignoring stuff like Borderlands 2's procedural generation, but then I just lost interest when I saw that every class had like... the same two models. 

(ALSO: No, I am not south african. I just taught myself all the swearwords for a story I write.)

Ah, I've heard many tales of the guns of Destiny taking strange turns like that. I bought One and it's downloadable content, but, after they announced they'd be doing a two, I had a bit of a fit and stopped completely. WAY to expensive.

A. . . what?

INDEED! That is also one of the major reasons why Warframe has held my attention for so long! So much gun variety that is actually, well, variable! I can swap out from an Opticor to a Flux Rifle and get two different beam weapon experiences, whereas, in Destiny, unless you got extremely lucky, a fusion rifle was a fusion rifle was a fusion rifle.

Also, huh, did you have a build section on the Destiny forums like this one?

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, I've heard many tales of the guns of Destiny taking strange turns like that.

The stories are completely true, and not exaggerated in the slightest. For any story you hear about a weapon class being so ignored in Destiny it makes the Kraken look powerful and loved.... nothing at all is exaggerated.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

I bought One and it's downloadable content, but, after they announced they'd be doing a two, I had a bit of a fit and stopped completely. WAY to expensive.

We mayyyyyyyy have dodged a bullet on that one.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

A. . . what?

"Gesig" means face. Keeping that in mind, it's basically exactly what it sounds like.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

INDEED! That is also one of the major reasons why Warframe has held my attention for so long! So much gun variety that is actually, well, variable! I can swap out from an Opticor to a Flux Rifle and get two different beam weapon experiences, whereas, in Destiny, unless you got extremely lucky, a fusion rifle was a fusion rifle was a fusion rifle.

There's more diversity in my favorite few weapons of Warframe than there was in an entire arsenal in Destiny. Even the automatic weapons, and you'd think those would be super easy to make generic. Seriously, KackisHD has a video complaining that four of his auto rifles in D2 are basically the same. Prisma Gorgon has higher damage and more impact but slightly less fire rate, the Soma Prime is a super accurate bullethose. The Sobek is my tied-for-favorite (The Astilla still exists) autoshotgun in the game, the Zarr is a CLUSTER GRENADE LAUNCHER with a shotgun altfire that routinely causes 2-3 instances of status and crit per hit, the Harpak fires harpoons... and this is without going into the fact that I had the freedom to give these totally different builds if I wanted. Gave the Soma Bladed Rounds, the Prisma Gorgon has a riven that sent its crit to 125%, I sacrificed 100% status on the Sobek for punch-through and AoE elements like gas or blast and electricity, (In my defense, it was really funny) the Zarr has gas damage and Hunter Munitions (Because... well, why not? It was more AoE that ignored shields) and I went for gas and punch-through on the Harpak.

So not only do I not have anywhere near that variety in terms of primary weapons (I'd just have a pulse rifle, an LMG or 2, a shotgun with a capacity like Kaiser Wilhelm's withered arm, that I spend more time reloading than firing, and a grenade launcher - maybe Gjallarhorn if we're being optimistic) I straight up do not have that kind of freedom in Destiny. Sure, there was reforging in Year One Destiny (basically "PRAY TO RNGESUS FOR THY GOD ROLL") but it got far worse in Year One Destiny 2 with the removal of random rolls. 

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Also, huh, did you have a build section on the Destiny forums like this one?

I... for whatever reason, I never did. I never really felt like I was getting much exposure there, so mostly I just posted on my deviantart. I did get my work done over by Benjamin Ratterman (Y'know, NFSInternational, the guy who made a bunch of exotic concepts) once or twice though. Even had Kackis mention one of them in his videos:

WARNING: OLD ARTWORK AHEAD

destiny_exotic_shotguns_by_haruaxeman-da

(Mine)

ullr_s_immobius__exotic_immobius_concept

(Ben)

5_leaf_clover_by_haruaxeman-d9ep6xm.jpg

(mine - as you can see, my love for the BAR has not diminished)

the_five_leaf_clover__scout_rifle_by_har

(Ben)

FUN FACT: The bottom shotgun in the top drawing is based on this concept art for the J-horror movie Zeiram. And Zeiram looks a bit... uh... You see it too, right? It's not just me?

7761db2ea4107ce5106fe01e1ebcdbca.jpg

small

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

The stories are completely true, and not exaggerated in the slightest. For any story you hear about a weapon class being so ignored in Destiny it makes the Kraken look powerful and loved.... nothing at all is exaggerated.

We mayyyyyyyy have dodged a bullet on that one.

"Gesig" means face. Keeping that in mind, it's basically exactly what it sounds like.

There's more diversity in my favorite few weapons of Warframe than there was in an entire arsenal in Destiny. Even the automatic weapons, and you'd think those would be super easy to make generic. Seriously, KackisHD has a video complaining that four of his auto rifles in D2 are basically the same. Prisma Gorgon has higher damage and more impact but slightly less fire rate, the Soma Prime is a super accurate bullethose. The Sobek is my tied-for-favorite (The Astilla still exists) autoshotgun in the game, the Zarr is a CLUSTER GRENADE LAUNCHER with a shotgun altfire that routinely causes 2-3 instances of status and crit per hit, the Harpak fires harpoons... and this is without going into the fact that I had the freedom to give these totally different builds if I wanted. Gave the Soma Bladed Rounds, the Prisma Gorgon has a riven that sent its crit to 125%, I sacrificed 100% status on the Sobek for punch-through and AoE elements like gas or blast and electricity, (In my defense, it was really funny) the Zarr has gas damage and Hunter Munitions (Because... well, why not? It was more AoE that ignored shields) and I went for gas and punch-through on the Harpak.

So not only do I not have anywhere near that variety in terms of primary weapons (I'd just have a pulse rifle, an LMG or 2, a shotgun with a capacity like Kaiser Wilhelm's withered arm, that I spend more time reloading than firing, and a grenade launcher - maybe Gjallarhorn if we're being optimistic) I straight up do not have that kind of freedom in Destiny. Sure, there was reforging in Year One Destiny (basically "PRAY TO RNGESUS FOR THY GOD ROLL") but it got far worse in Year One Destiny 2 with the removal of random rolls. 

I... for whatever reason, I never did. I never really felt like I was getting much exposure there, so mostly I just posted on my deviantart. I did get my work done over by Benjamin Ratterman (Y'know, NFSInternational, the guy who made a bunch of exotic concepts) once or twice though. Even had Kackis mention one of them in his videos:

WARNING: OLD ARTWORK AHEAD

destiny_exotic_shotguns_by_haruaxeman-da

(Mine)

ullr_s_immobius__exotic_immobius_concept

(Ben)

5_leaf_clover_by_haruaxeman-d9ep6xm.jpg

(mine - as you can see, my love for the BAR has not diminished)

the_five_leaf_clover__scout_rifle_by_har

(Ben)

FUN FACT: The bottom shotgun in the top drawing is based on this concept art for the J-horror movie Zeiram. And Zeiram looks a bit... uh... You see it too, right? It's not just me?

small

Ouch, most unique weapon I found in my travels was an ammo regenerating sniper-beam rifle.

Hooray for bitterness and mistrust!

Ahhhhhhh. . . Musta been a good friend clearly.

My thoughts exactly suh! We have so much flexibility around here with all our modifications (even with the "build optimization" cultists running around), it's hard to go from the bare-bones randomization of Destiny. My perfect customization dreams have already been realized in the form of Kitguns and Zaws merged with modifiers now! No going back  from here (though no duh I'll be playing games outside of Warframe's genre, Phoenix Point can't come fast enough,)!

Such a charmed creative existence suh! I wonder if Mr. International has ever poked his head in around here? Would be fun to see! I know at least ONE of my weapons inspired someone at Digital Extremes and I did manage to get into one of the Prime Times,  but you've had quite the charmed ""career"", hehe. Definitely not downplaying any of the work folks have done for me, THATS for sure.

It looks like. . . a bony stretched out Surinam Toad?

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Ouch, most unique weapon I found in my travels was an ammo regenerating sniper-beam rifle.

Ah, Icebreaker. The cheesiest weapon to ever cheese. Well, it's sorta tied with Gjallarhorn. The problem with a lot of exotics was... they were either a), barely exotic by the standards of any other game, b) super overpowered, c) both, or d)"why in God's name is this even exotic, seriously." (Looks at Dreg's Promise) And there wasn't really much middle ground there, either! Except for the Plan C fusion rifle, and maybe Patience and Time. Those were just... okay.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

My thoughts exactly suh! We have so much flexibility around here with all our modifications (even with the "build optimization" cultists running around), it's hard to go from the bare-bones randomization of Destiny. My perfect customization dreams have already been realized in the form of Kitguns and Zaws merged with modifiers now! No going back  from here (though no duh I'll be playing games outside of Warframe's genre, Phoenix Point can't come fast enough,)!

I know THAT feel! I'm gonna play Mooncrash, (when I get around to downloading it anyway) Days Gone, GTFO, and Atomic Heart SO HARD.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Such a charmed creative existence suh! I wonder if Mr. International has ever poked his head in around here? Would be fun to see! I know at least ONE of my weapons inspired someone at Digital Extremes and I did manage to get into one of the Prime Times,  but you've had quite the charmed ""career"", hehe. Definitely not downplaying any of the work folks have done for me, THATS for sure.

I suppose I have. Some of my work has even been liked by two of my heroes of wolf biology!

wolskind_naaja_by_haruaxeman-d9n7ry7.jpg

romeo_the_lonely_wolf_of_juneau_by_harua

1 hour ago, Unus said:

It looks like. . . a bony stretched out Surinam Toad?

How about now?

2 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

600?cb=20130816202837

57 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ah, Icebreaker. The cheesiest weapon to ever cheese. Well, it's sorta tied with Gjallarhorn. The problem with a lot of exotics was... they were either a), barely exotic by the standards of any other game, b) super overpowered, c) both, or d)"why in God's name is this even exotic, seriously." (Looks at Dreg's Promise) And there wasn't really much middle ground there, either! Except for the Plan C fusion rifle, and maybe Patience and Time. Those were just... okay.

I know THAT feel! I'm gonna play Mooncrash, (when I get around to downloading it anyway) Days Gone, GTFO, and Atomic Heart SO HARD.

I suppose I have. Some of my work has even been liked by two of my heroes of wolf biology!

wolskind_naaja_by_haruaxeman-d9n7ry7.jpg

romeo_the_lonely_wolf_of_juneau_by_harua

How about now?

600?cb=20130816202837

Apparently, currently, the biggest weapon that they are currently worshipping is an old remnant from the original game, the MIDA Multitool.

I've heard and seen Mooncrash and Prey, but, alas, it's a game I'd love to rent rather then purchase. Not as much replay ability as I'd like. Days Gone as well, but, what's G.T.F.O. and Atomic Heart?

Ooooo, that second wolf right there, mmm mmm, like something yoinked straight out of a nature documentary!

OH! The old breadstick completely slipped my mind! Dem it!

Edited by Unus

3 minutes ago, Unus said:

Apparently, currently, the biggest weapon that they are currently worshipping is an old remnant from the original game, the MIDA Multitool.

Which fits into the "is this even really exotic" bracket. Cause... look, I can find ten common weapons in Warframe that feel way more exotic than that. And that's me outrageously lowballing it.

4 minutes ago, Unus said:

I've heard and seen Mooncrash and Prey, but, alas, it's a game I'd love to rent rather then purchase. Not as much replay ability as I'd like. Days Gone as well, but, what's G.T.F.O. and Atomic Heart?

Trust me when I say Prey (the 2016 one) has tons of playability. There's so much content to explore, so many different skills, so much fun in building... it's like a loving homage to both Bioshock 1 and System Shock. Also, GTFO is a 4-player co-op game inspired by Alien and Event Horizon. Atomic Heart is....

Okay, imagine a game that has all the surreal parts of Fallout, Bioshock, and Singularity, set in Russia. Now stop imagining that, because Atomic Heart is even more bizarre. It's... indescribably bizarre.

16 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ooooo, that second wolf right there, mmm mmm, like something yoinked straight out of a nature documentary!

Probably cause I drew it based on a photo by acclaimed nature photographer Nick Jans.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Which fits into the "is this even really exotic" bracket. Cause... look, I can find ten common weapons in Warframe that feel way more exotic than that. And that's me outrageously lowballing it.

Trust me when I say Prey (the 2016 one) has tons of playability. There's so much content to explore, so many different skills, so much fun in building... it's like a loving homage to both Bioshock 1 and System Shock. Also, GTFO is a 4-player co-op game inspired by Alien and Event Horizon. Atomic Heart is....

Okay, imagine a game that has all the surreal parts of Fallout, Bioshock, and Singularity, set in Russia. Now stop imagining that, because Atomic Heart is even more bizarre. It's... indescribably bizarre.

Probably cause I drew it based on a photo by acclaimed nature photographer Nick Jans.

Interesting. . .slavic old Fallout eh?Something to consider looking at. Got any video?

Ah, forgive me for not recognizing the name.

30 minutes ago, Unus said:

Interesting. . .slavic old Fallout eh?Something to consider looking at. Got any video?

...Don't say I didn't warn you.

30 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ah, forgive me for not recognizing the name.

Don't even trip, dawg. I can't reasonably expect people to get every reference I make. That would be silly. But anyway, Jans is a Juneau-based nature photographer famous for photographing a wolf so friendly it liked to play with dogs and even saved a guy from a bear attack. (I've talked to that guy, he likes my artwork. He's pretty nice)

4 hours ago, Unus said:

OH! The old breadstick completely slipped my mind! Dem it!

It's okay. Nobody cares about the breadstick.

52 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

...Don't say I didn't warn you.

Don't even trip, dawg. I can't reasonably expect people to get every reference I make. That would be silly. But anyway, Jans is a Juneau-based nature photographer famous for photographing a wolf so friendly it liked to play with dogs and even saved a guy from a bear attack. (I've talked to that guy, he likes my artwork. He's pretty nice)

It's okay. Nobody cares about the breadstick.

I actually. . . I actually get it! It's Terminater, but there's no Sentient central intelligence, the robot armies are essential swamping the countryside and manufactureing more of themselves from scrap or people. This Agent chump Musta been sent in at the worst possible time to clean up the mess. 

Oh, and destroy all the evidence of soviet mad science wrongdoing left behind.

Oh, and, GUNCUSTOMIZATIONNNNN! But in slavic, dem it.

Oh, wow, talk about a story for the ages! Anyone I know that's interesting is either a family member or pales in comparison.

Oh, I care, the burstfire variety it has helps it stand out. . . a little. . . somewhat.

Oh, and, one weird thing I discovered today. I decided to type in my own forum section title into the almighty google just for giggles and found something interesting. In every single picture related to my concepts, at least one of your own was listed as a "related" piece.

Huh, heh, guess we're entangled with each other.

A progress update: The next shotgun I make is coming SOON™, I promise - it's just that trying to make a gun inspired by a... certain gun we all love... combined with my (silly, I know) focus on making at least semi-realistic weaponry is making this really hard.  I thought I knew what to do with this thing, but apparently I do not.

Man, making an autoshotgun version of an existing assault rifle in Warframe is hard.

Also I keep wanting to call it Amos, but there has to be a better name. God, let there be a better name than this.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

A progress update: The next shotgun I make is coming SOON™, I promise - it's just that trying to make a gun inspired by a... certain gun we all love... combined with my (silly, I know) focus on making at least semi-realistic weaponry is making this really hard.  I thought I knew what to do with this thing, but apparently I do not.

Man, making an autoshotgun version of an existing assault rifle in Warframe is hard.

If it's Corporate-Owned, you can easily say it uses the skeleton of or same parts in order to cover costs.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

It is very not-Corpus-owned.

Oh, I meant if the weapon in question was significantly mass-produced. The Corpus aren't the only ones with vast chugging industry after all.

HWUAT'S THIS

IS IT AN AUTOSHOTGUN INSPIRED BY THE AA12 AND SOMA? IT IS

TENNO 'SOMESHA' AUTOSHOTGUN

tenno__somesha__autoshotgun_by_haruaxema

"Teach the corrupt and vile of the Origin System an object lesson in power with this slash-and-crit focused Tenno autoshotgun. Fires fast and more accurately the longer you hold the trigger."

Stats:
Primary: Razor Buckshot Shells

Crit Chance - 35%
Crit Multiplier - 3.0x
Status Chance - 4%
Pellets: 8
Damage: 288
      144 Slash
      96 Puncture
      48 Impact
Accuracy: 9.5
Magazine: 20
Trigger: Auto-Spool
Rate Of Fire:
      Unspooled: 2
      Spooled: 4.8
Spool period: 5 rounds

Reload: 3.2s
Accuracy: 9.1

Falloff: 
Max Damage up to 
17m
Minimum Damage At 34m
50% Max Reduction

Secondary: Dragon's Breath Shells
Automatically fires plasmor/Catchmoon-like non-hitscan projectiles that decrease in size and increase in range the longer you hold the trigger. These... still are auto spool. These may be statted later.

I just really like the idea of the Somesha Prime being the only auto-spool shotgun.

Traits:

Accurizing Choke - spread becomes tighter the longer it's fired.

Lore

A crit and slash-based Tenno autoshotgun made by the maker of the Soma, in a competition between them and the Archimedian that created the Pandero, Tenora, and Quadrille. Where the maker of the Quadrille went for flexibility, the maker of the Somesha went for overwhelming force. In a fit of pique, he "borrowed" the accuracy-and-stability enhancing mechanisms of the Tenora, giving the Somesha tighter spread the longer it's fired. Its "Dragon's Breath" altfire also shoots out a cone of fire, which the Archimedian determined (correctly) would give it incredible usefulness against Infested.

Coincidentally, this also means it is compatible with Combustion Beam.

While it saw limited use in the Sentient War, it was well loved by Tenno, Dax soldiers, and others who used it to purge Infested.

Artist Notes: 

Sometimes, I have complex concepts for weapons. This was not one of them, because - say it with me - Crit-based autoshotgun!

As inspired by the Soma. Yes, it's a Soma in shotgun form. You want this now, don't you? Don't lie.

Originally, I called this the Amos. This was nixed, on the basis that while it was a cool Expanse reference, it just felt silly to have 'Soma' backwards. The name is actually the causative tense of the Swahili word 'Soma,' which means "to read." Somesha, however, means "make read," or "Educate." I was going to go for a a name that felt more Warframe, inspired by Sanskrit or hinduism or Japan, or China, but then I was all like "ehhhhh..." cause it was 8:00 and I haven't eaten yet.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2

Enemy Concept: Assimilated Nullifier

"Oh, fok."
--Player Tenno

A deadly hybrid of Sentient and Corpus technology, the Assimilated Nullifier is created through the process of fusing Sentient Bone to a living organism, most often a Corpus Nullifier. The battery, enviro-suit, and vein merge with the ceramic composites of Sentient Bone, vein-analogues, wires, and machinery, till it becomes nigh-impossible to tell where any of it begins or ends. Arbiters of Hexis pathologists have attempted to discern this question, with little to no success.

Abilities:

Nullifier Bubble - standard nullifier bubble.
Null Beam - condenses the power of the Nullifier Bubble into a beam, while using its limbs as anchors. This renders it nigh-immobile. That said, it leaves itself open at this point in time because it can't use the bubble. While the beam is hitscan (obviously) it tracks side to side or up noticeably slower than a Tenno with bullet jump can move. You can absolutely outrun its tracking.
Laser Prism - Same as the Battalyst.
Flash Step  - can move <2 meters in any direction instantaneously. This has a cooldown.
NOTEI considered giving them the Conculyst's moveset, but one of these things with Whirlwind was just too horrible to imagine.
ALSO NOTE: I don't know what the basic weapon for this is. Some sort of plasma machinegun?

Vulnerability:

Near-immune to status, but vulnerable to radiation and magnetic damage.

Note: Apologies for the lack of a drawing to go with this, but I needed to get the idea off my chest... and raise attention to the thread. Fun fact. This concept took 5 minutes to make!
(Also, I didn't mean for it to say... that word, but Warframe does not censor it so eh
.)