Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

17 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Since realistic attachments is a very short list, combi weapons from 40k fit the bill quite well for other alternative offensive options.

aaaaaaand now you have me thinking about combi-meltas or something. Or combi-flamers. I wonder if I could do an Entrati "assault rifle" that has a beam mode that's powered by kills with primary fire. I toyed with this awhile back...

TBH I actually love the idea of attachments on WF guns (the Judicium Prime is basically just me taking that to a logical extreme).df0mq0i-f32b37dd-60a9-447b-a73b-f43d5a3d

But even so, I find myself wondering if that's truly something you can do in WF, where the attachments might ruin the lines or just not gel with some of the animations. Also I find myself wondering how to add attachments.

Maybe I can deal with that on the next Ganymede gun. I do have a drawing of it lying around somewhere.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2

ADHESIVE BLAST INTERACTIONS UPDORT
(wow, that's the most boring post title I've had on this thread lol)

So, since I've posted about another assault rifle with a grenade launcher, that got me thinking about Adhesive Blast. And - I'd have to tell all of you at some point - I realized some interesting interactions between two of the thread's weapons, punch-through, and adhesive blast.

1. Elysium: Adding Adhesive Blast means trading out the velocity of Terminal Velocity (eh) but it does allow you to add (primed) Shred without gimping the explosions. There'll be a slight delay before they go off, but hey. Primed shred on this thing! 

2. Euston: Adding punch-through means that the grenades ignore cover, floors, etc, and can punch through doors and explode on the other side. This is very niche, but it's also hilarious. HOWEVER, adding Adhesive Blast also means that the grenades stick to any surface and still retain their trait of exploding when an enemy is nearby, meaning that you now have improvised proximity mines. 

Neither of these traits are exactly game-breaking, it just probably adds a fun new dimension to building them.

On 2020-06-22 at 9:28 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Homemade 'Elysium' Assault Cannon

homemade__elysium__assault_cannon_by_har
“The Elysium is a weapon design older than dirt. In fact, depending on what planet or moon you’re standing on, it’s older. To keep it competitive with the increasingly powerful armories of the Big Two and the Tenno, the Scum, pirates, rebels, and colonists that use this autocannon - or assault cannon, as its users insist on calling it - gave it the ability to switch between armor-piercing and high-explosive rounds on the fly. It’s especially popular among the SIF, who - as always - have a weird sort of attraction  to blowing enemies up from the inside. Beggars can’t be choosers, so these are often made from whatever parts its users have on hand.”
Codex

STATS

Shared
Trigger: Auto
Fire Rate: 6.5
Magazine: 25
Reload: 2.8s
Recoil: High
Reserve Ammo: 250

Primary - HV Rounds
Shots have high-punch through. Non-hitscan but high velocity.
Status Chance: 15%
Critical Chance: 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.5x
Damage: 76
42 Puncture
28 Slash
6 Impact
Punch-through: 1.0m

Secondary: EX Rounds
Rounds explode on impact, dealing damage in a 3.5m radius. Guaranteed blast procs on impact. These travel much slower than HV rounds. Deals 25% damage on impact, 75% radially

Non-Hitscan
Total Damage: 84

On Impact: 
Damage: 21
     3 Impact
     11 Slash
     7 Blast
Status Chance: 38%
Critical Chance: 19%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x

Area Attacks
Damage: 63 
9 Impact
33 Slash
21 Blast
Status Chance: 38%
Critical Chance: 19%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Blast Radius: 3.5m

On 2019-11-24 at 5:22 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Euston' Assault Rifle/Grenade Launcher

tenno__euston__assault_rifle_grenade_lau

Tenno Euston’ Assault Rifle

One of the Avakan’s rivals for the Tenno arsenal, the Euston is the first (and, likely only) Tenno assault rifle with an integrated launcher. The launcher in question is the Tenno ‘Equis’ launcher.

The Euston Rifle:

The Euston direct-impingement rifle fires lower-caliber, armor-piercing high-crit rounds. Its high rate of fire is both its greatest strength and greatest weakness. This gives it massive utility as a crowd control weapon, overwhelming enemies through sheer volume of fire.

…Perhaps too much volume of fire.

If ever there was a weapon in this game that you’d want to fire in short controlled bursts, it’s this.  Compared to Avakan Prime, it works much better as a crowd-control weapon than a single-target weapon. It has more rounded stats, but less superlative stats. And less base damage. And less crit.

It does, however, have much better RoF than most other Tenno rifles.

Equis’ Launcher:

The ‘Equis’ is a mid-late Old War-era shotgun/launcher hybrid (and likely ancestor of the Zarr) built to cut down on the materials cost of the Poyang. As it was much smaller than the Poyang, Tenno would frequently saw off the stock and most the barrel to create an oversized sidearm.

The Equis, in this configuration, holds three airbursting incendiary warheads that explode within 1 meter of an enemy.  The initial explosion does blast damage and heat damage.

To cut down on logistical issues and prevent Tenno from being covered in ammo, the Euston uses an onboard manufactory to create munitions for its underbarrel launcher. This unfortunately means it can’t fire as a shotgun, and also means it can’t be manually reloaded. Because of reasons, firing the launcher also consumes one ammo unit from the primary magazine. I have no idea how this works but that’s beside the point.

It takes 3.5 seconds per round to regenerate the ammunition in the Euston’s launcher’s mag. The grenade launcher is a separate fire mode in the vein of the Argonak or Stradavar’s select-fire, not something activated by just tapping the alt fire button.

Regeneration happens within one second of switching back to rifle mode. Speaking of which, firing from an empty ‘Equis’ redirects you back to rifle mode.

The airburst mode, if you’re wondering, is so you can happily add punch-through to the rifle without wrecking the grenade mode. You’ll… get some weird results if you shoot through cover… but overall, I prefer this over the complete negation of adding Primed Shred.

Rifle:

Magazine: 60
Trigger: Auto
Fire Rate: 13
Damage: 28
15 Puncture
10 Slash
3 Impact
Critical Chance: 32 %
Critical Multiplier: 2.6x
Status Chance: 24%
Reload: 2.5s
Ammo Pool: 540
Punch-Through: 0.8m

‘Equis’ Launcher:

Magazine: 3
Ammo Pool: n/a
Trigger: Semi
Damage: 400 (NOTE: Impacting on enemies isn’t counted here.)
250 Blast
150 Heat
Crit Chance: 16%
Crit Multiplier: 2.8x
Status Chance: 32%
Radius: 4.0m
Fire Rate: 2
Rebuild Time: 3.5s per round (10.5s total)

NOTE: Firing from an empty ‘Equis’ redirects you back to rifle mode. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

aaaaaaand now you have me thinking about combi-meltas or something. Or combi-flamers. I wonder if I could do an Entrati "assault rifle" that has a beam mode that's powered by kills with primary fire. I toyed with this awhile back...

TBH I actually love the idea of attachments on WF guns (the Judicium Prime is basically just me taking that to a logical extreme).df0mq0i-f32b37dd-60a9-447b-a73b-f43d5a3d

But even so, I find myself wondering if that's truly something you can do in WF, where the attachments might ruin the lines or just not gel with some of the animations. Also I find myself wondering how to add attachments.

Maybe I can deal with that on the next Ganymede gun. I do have a drawing of it lying around somewhere.

The new evolvingweapon thing might be a way to go for the whole atachment thing. Make a gun as as you clear the objectives the player can choose new atachments. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

grineer_assault_rifle_with_grenade_launc

Shooped this together in the last 3 hours cause I got bored, partly cause @Neo3602 said it'd be neat to have weapons that are modified versions of extant guns. The more angled stock is a reference to the original AK-47. Originally, I was gonna make this just a shorter, cut-down Karak, but I added in the grenade launcher cause I got bored.

Not a hundred percent sure what the functionality is here. I'm thinking maybe 2-round auto burst with about 30ish damage, a fire rate of 10, and a bit more of a focus on status to differentiate it from most of the assault rifles and LMGs I've made. Also not sure what the grenade launcher does. It'll work like the Euston's launcher for Maximum Fun, but I don't want it to be airburst (in the sense that it automatically detonates in midair in proximity to an enemy) cause, well, I straight up did that already.

Might work like the Kulstar.

Hm. . . you know, it gives me a thought, perhaps the implementation could be that, in exchange for a few statistical downgrades (due to cumbersome set-up, awkward positioning, etc) instead of having to actively swap for a sidearm, the sidearm becomes underslung and allows you to “swap” immediately, leading to a smooth and steady combat rhythm without interruption. Whether or not that means that the secondary slot is completely out of the equation, the secondary weapon on the gun utilizes the primary stat modifiers of the primary, orrr. . . . hm,  I’m not sure, but, it gave me myself some thought!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . you know, it gives me a thought, perhaps the implementation could be that, in exchange for a few statistical downgrades (due to cumbersome set-up, awkward positioning, etc) instead of having to actively swap for a sidearm, the sidearm becomes underslung and allows you to “swap” immediately, leading to a smooth and steady combat rhythm without interruption. Whether or not that means that the secondary slot is completely out of the equation, the secondary weapon on the gun utilizes the primary stat modifiers of the primary, orrr. . . . hm,  I’m not sure, but, it gave me myself some thought!

That's a really good implementation of the idea.

• Like 2

Heh, really? Just an idle thought on my part, though, I DO think it would have to be limited to prevent hyper exploitation of the kind we always run into, perhaps the traits of hit-scan, automatic, and rifle ammo would be a good “Variety, but not sticking a kulstar on a tonkor and screaming bloody murder” compromise, also keep it “in spirit” with Mr. Wolf’s conceptualization.

• Like 3

Just now, Unus said:

Heh, really? Just an idle thought on my part, though, I DO think it would have to be limited to prevent hyper exploitation of the kind we always run into, perhaps the traits of hit-scan, automatic, and rifle ammo would be a good “Variety, but not sticking a kulstar on a tonkor and screaming bloody murder” compromise, also keep it “in spirit” with Mr. Wolf’s conceptualization.

I have a general disliking for the flow breaking slow weapon switch. If the devs really want to keep it in as something off cost for versatility,  I would like to be able to opt out off it even if it limited the weapon pool

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

The new evolvingweapon thing might be a way to go for the whole atachment thing. Make a gun as as you clear the objectives the player can choose new atachments. 

It would explain how I'm supposed to justify having a Meltagun or plasma gun or grav gun or volkite gun feed from the same supply as the primary weapon. Cause I don't want to deal with reloading two magazines on the same gun...

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . you know, it gives me a thought, perhaps the implementation could be that, in exchange for a few statistical downgrades (due to cumbersome set-up, awkward positioning, etc) instead of having to actively swap for a sidearm, the sidearm becomes underslung and allows you to “swap” immediately, leading to a smooth and steady combat rhythm without interruption.

Can't quite see myself doing this with my preferred sidearms (I'm a big Heavy/Magnum Pistol kinda guy. I know, I've been very subtle about it) but it'd be a lot of fun with some of the explosive pistols.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Oh, most assuredly. Quite a few times in this thread - the Strigoi, the Veuglaire, the Enferon from awhile back - I've come in outright building guns with the expectation they'll get broken somehow. Or with the Adjudicas and Jubal, pre-breaking them by adding on inherent punch-through.

• Like 1

Grineer ‘Karkova’ Rifle/Launcher

“An adaptation of the Tenno ‘Euston’ Rifle, built on a cut-down Karak platform. Much like the Euston, it mates an assault rifle to an explosive launcher that manufactures its own ammo. Unlike the Euston, it uses higher-caliber, slower rifle rounds… and instead of grenades, it fires a single explosive projectile that rains down numerous submunitions on impact.”
--Codex

grineer__karkova__assault_rifle_airstrik
Lore

Originally an unremarkable, obsolete variant of the Karak rifle, shortened and built for slower, larger-caliber rounds, the Karkova experienced a brief surge back onto the field during the Grineer-N█̷̛̛͙̮̞̻̹̳̝͎̗͙͕̩̈͌̈̏͗̆͑͂͊̍̌̍̔█̶̡̧̙̱͇̠͚̱̜̮̘̬̄̈́̋͊̂̌̓̓̽̄͛͌̂͗̉̀̓̉̌͒̏̈͜͝█̸̡̺̻͎̠̗̟̲̯̪͉͍̣̹̙͇̘̹͈͕͖̝̊̀̎̃̂̀̀͑̑̍̌█̵̡͉͕̩͚̤̃͑͋̒̅́̏̅̑̽̈́̋͘█̷̡̢̧͍̲̭̙͚͎̖͚̮͎̦͎̟̗̒́̑̔̐̉̆̕͜ͅ war* at the behest of Executioner Olka Harkonnar.

Essentially, this was meant as a testbed for its launcher, which was already being used to clear infested Darksectors. To paraphrase Harkonnar, who honorably recused herself from Rathuum to more efficiently run her production zone: They had these stockpiles of obsolete rifles, the Clone Wombs were operating at 120% capacity, and they had to use everything possible to stop or at least delay the Narmer tide.

The Karkova rifle, while not quite as interesting as the launcher, still remains effective. To cater to the MTO - or Made To Order - Grineer who used it, many of which were still wet with amniotic fluid, it comes with a 2-round auto-burst trigger, ensuring high hit probability. This ensures each trigger pull hits like a Grineer Powerfist. While it fired slower than the Karak, ever so slightly… it also routinely broke the bones of Narmer warrior-castes, inflicting grievous wounds that even veils couldn’t force them to ignore.

It’s at the launcher that the Karkova truly stands out among the numerous assault rifles of the Grineer Empire.

The Karkova’s launcher - the centerpiece of this build - fires a small airbursting missile derived from the Kulstar, which explodes in a four meter radius of an enemy (or enemies) or then separates into five submunitions, each of which fly up into the air and rain down onto unfortunate targets in a six meter radius of the original explosion, exploding and dealing gas damage. This is affected by Firestorm.

To fire this, tap the altfire button, aim for a group of enemies, and then pull the trigger. The longer you aim towards enemies, the closer the submunitions get towards enemies and the more damage they do. Dumbfiring it from the hip will just ensure the submunitions land in the general area of the targets.

For the sake of not becoming useless indoors, the submunitions don’t explode on ceilings or walls, only floors or enemies**. Much like the Euston’s grenade launcher, its ancestor, the ordnance passively “rebuilds” itself from synthesized ammunition pickups and spare materials. It accomplishes this over the course of four seconds.

During the infamously bloody Battle of Telesto, Karkova rifles launched explosives indoors in such absurd quantities that the Narmer fighters (under the influence of their Veils) genuinely thought that somehow, the Grineer had called in an airstrike inside the cramped confines of the Telesto mines. This earned the Karkova an infamous nickname - the Pocket Airstrike.

Other uses for the Karkova include destroying Infested outbreaks, bombarding them long before they reach your position.

*You do not actually need to have completed The New War to acquire this. This is just Lore. Do not think too hard about it.

** Just go with it. I didn’t want it to feel useless in corridors.

Stats

• Ammo Pool: Rifle
  • Magazine: 70
  • Reload: 2.8s

Auto

• Trigger: Auto Burst
  • Burst Count: 2
  • Burst Rate: 10
  • Burst Delay: 0.05*
  • Fire rate: 10
  • Damage: 32
  • 18 Impact
  • 10 Slash
  • 4 Puncture
  • Status Chance: 38%
  • Critical chance: 20%
  • Critical multiplier: 2.1x

*this was very hard to calculate

Blast

• Magazine: 1
  • Rebuild Time: 4s
  • Trigger: Semi
  • Projectile

Initial Explosion: 

• 200 Blast
  • Blast Radius: 6m

Child Projectiles

• On Impact:
  • Multishot: 5
  • Damage: 50 Gas
  • Forced Impact Procs
  • Blast Radius: 2m

Explosion:

• Multishot: 5*
  • Initial Explosion: 120
  • 80 Gas
  • 40 Impact
  • Blast Radius: 2m

Artist Notes:

I wasn’t actually planning on this today, I was planning on writing pony fanfic, but things kind of got away from me. That’s right, baby, I MADE THIS ALL IN ONE DAY BABY

I AM POSTING THIS RIGHT NOW AS A POINT OF PRIDE

The original idea behind this was “a krinkov version of a Karak.” But, well, things got away from me when I decided to add in a grenade launcher. I couldn’t have done this without TheTerribleTenno on tumblr, who suggested adding gas damage.

The basic idea behind the “grenade launcher” is the Lancer GL from Gears 5. This can best be described as a grenade launcher that shoots tiny airstrikes. It explodes a short distance from enemies, then releases a hail of submunitions that rain down on the targeted enemies. It’s pretty baller.

As for why the auto burst trigger and status focus? All honesty, most of the assault rifles I’ve made here have been crit-focused and relatively normal full auto (the Bruin, Haoma, Fedorova) and so I wanted to make this feel a little different.

• Like 3

Update: I am currently in Zion National Park. The wifi here is not very good. I don't know how likely it is that I'll be able to upload something in the next couple days... or resist the urge to make a Warframeified version of the Survivalist's rifle that I photobashed together.

EDIT: I actually did photobash one together. Might post it next just for the joke of being in Zion.

It's not like this is a job or I was on a timetable, but I made a claim and my audience deserves honesty. Especially considering how often I've found myself promising something and then going back on it because I had another gun idea.

Oeizu 'Arclite' Tesla Shotgun

“Not quite a shotgun, not quite a grenade launcher, not quite plasma ordnance. This Oeizu weapon fires ball lightning that electrocutes enemies within a short radius of its projectile, before exploding on impact like a grenade.

It can also be remotely detonated by pressing the altfire button.”

--codex

Mechanics

Normally I don’t do this, but there’s some peculiarities that were hard to convey through lore. Anyways:

The projectiles fired are composed of three damage segments. 

1. The main projectile - this does guaranteed electric procs on impact… even if you add punch-through. The explosive effect is triggered whenever it hits an enemy. Like the Drakgoon, this has no object punch-through, so if you add punch-through, it explodes on hard surfaces. It has no inherent electric damage, so you can add heat to this.

2. The plasmor-like radius - A 2m radius around the projectile of electricity. An enemy hit with the main projectile will still get hit by this.

3. The explosion - this does electric damage.  

Lore

A strange anti-Corpus firearm that hurls ball lightning downrange. It belongs to the nomadic Oeizu people, a group of posthumans specially adapted to living exclusively in space. It fires ball lightning that electrocutes anything in a small radius, acting similar to the Arca Plasmor…

But not quite. The ball lightning violently explodes on impact, dealing radial electric damage with guaranteed electric procs on direct hits. The result is a strange combination of slug shotgun, Plasmor-like wave shotgun, and rocket launcher, made stranger considering it can be remote-detonated.

The best way to use it is simply aim in the general direction of a crowd - it can be just as damaging if you narrowly miss each member of a crowd as if you land a direct impact. To put it simply, it’s a nightmare for any faction save the infested. It melts shields, it scrambles electronics, and lacerates nervous systems. It can be just as dangerous to Oeizu as Corpus in close-combat situations on their ships, but this is a non-issue  due the shielding and extraordinary durability of Oeizu technology…

…and due to their sheer hatred of the Corpus.

The only downside compared to the Plasmor, its relative counterpart, is that it doesn’t quite fire the same size of un-aimable boulder of death. 

There is no safe way to truly take cover from this - just get out of the way, fast as possible. There does exist a Corpus version, but it’s slower-moving, less damaging, and more cheaply made.

At this point, it may be easy to ask: “Who are the Oeizu?” 

It’s best described through part of their legend. According to fragments of records, along with oral tradition held by those people conquered by the Corpus, there was a time before the Orokin in which the Oeizu ruled the Origin System. Their dominion allegedly included most of the solar system beyond Mars.

This… is widely disbelieved in the modern Origin System.

At present time, they’re scavengers unable to survive inside the gravity wells of planets, without access to expensive life-saving augmentations common to high-ranking Corpus allowing one to survive planetside without suffering from catastrophic organ and bone failure, so the Corpus who use them as a permanent underclass find that difficult to believe. And the Grineer who routinely murder them just don’t care.

They’re “trusted” by the Corpus with only the most dangerous jobs, constructing and repairing ships in orbital docks, along with deep-space mining, and salvaging Orokin and pre-Orokin relics from the Far Black beyond Pluto. But this comes with a laundry list of abuses from the Corpus - overcharging and underpayment, suspicion of their communal lifestyle, hate groups that believe they’re untrustworthy due to the amount of time they spend outside of Corpus Space, and shakedowns, along with selling them terrible surplus mothballed after the Tenno blew it up or something. There’s a lot of hate the Corpus have for the Oeizu...

And the Oeizu hate them right back. They also overcharge Corpus for their relics if the needs strike them, and have built a large number of anti-Corpus weapons (some of which, it is rumored, have found their way into Grineer hands). 

Oeizu technology is often less advanced, but far more rugged than Corpus tech. Much of their weaponry is artisanally made, and has an ornamented chrome aesthetic and is also kept under a set of curved shielding that protects it from radiation and other ambient energy - which quickly fades in color under the stress it’s put through. According to them, it helps cool it down, but this was determined by Corpus to be too heavy and expensive.

Stats

• Trigger: Semi
  • Fire Rate: 1.8
  • Magazine: 8

Main projectile

• Damage: 80 Impact
  • Forced Procs: Electric
  • Critical Chance:  19%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.1x

Radius

• Damage: 300
  • 120 Impact
  • 180 Electric
  • Critical Chance:  20%
  • Size: 2m 
  • Damage Falloff: 100% damage up to 30m
  • 50% damage at 60m
  • 50% max reduction

Explosion

• Damage: 320
  • 80 Impact
  • 240 Electric
  • Blast Radius: 3.2m

Artist notes

This was… profoundly difficult to stat. This is such a strange gun - the best word I have to describe it is “plastilla.” It fires Plasmor-like projectiles, but they explode on impact. So for the most effectiveness, you may have to aim away from enemies. Unless you want to 

TBH this thing’s stats mostly exist as a way to screw with how status works in Warframe - you can build it with heat and viral, get radiation and viral… and heat, at least on direct impact. I also think the idea of a weapon that misses an enemy and still does damage somehow (I may revisit this. I may not. IDK man.) is a funny one. 

From a lore perspective, I’ve wanted to do this for awhile! The Oeizu people, who I’ve mentioned awhile ago, are one of at least four groups I’ve come up with or expanded on in Warframe. The basic idea is that they’re essentially Belters (from The Expanse) with Fallout universe tech and aesthetic. 

…And that’s where I think I may have screwed up.

I realized midway through that the aesthetic doesn’t make you think “this belongs to poor people.” But on the other hand, I feel like the silver and chrome looked too good for me to blemish it and make it look too corroded. Just pretend this is an unusually well-maintained by their standards, and that from now on the idea behind the Oeizu isn’t “futuristic and shiny” - it’ll be more like a tech path that’s been left behind. It’ll feel like the future by way of your friend’s ancient truck from between 1950 and 1970.

…I don’t actually know how people might end up interacting with the Oeizu. Perhaps it involves Railjack?

NEXT UPDATE will be... okay, I don't know what day, but I have like FOUR WEAPONS FOR YOU (wow) and I'm gonna ask for YOUR HELP in picking which one to post next!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

“Not quite a shotgun, not quite a grenade launcher, not quite plasma ordnance. This Oeizu weapon fires ball lightning that electrocutes enemies within a short radius of its projectile, before exploding on impact like a grenade.

It can also be remotely detonated by pressing the altfire button.”

--codex

Mechanics

Normally I don’t do this, but there’s some peculiarities that were hard to convey through lore. Anyways:

The projectiles fired are composed of three damage segments. 

1. The main projectile - this does guaranteed electric procs on impact… even if you add punch-through. The explosive effect is triggered whenever it hits an enemy. Like the Drakgoon, this has no object punch-through, so if you add punch-through, it explodes on hard surfaces. It has no inherent electric damage, so you can add heat to this.

2. The plasmor-like radius - A 2m radius around the projectile of electricity. An enemy hit with the main projectile will still get hit by this.

3. The explosion - this does electric damage.  

Lore

A strange anti-Corpus firearm that hurls ball lightning downrange. It belongs to the nomadic Oeizu people, a group of posthumans specially adapted to living exclusively in space. It fires ball lightning that electrocutes anything in a small radius, acting similar to the Arca Plasmor…

But not quite. The ball lightning violently explodes on impact, dealing radial electric damage with guaranteed electric procs on direct hits. The result is a strange combination of slug shotgun, Plasmor-like wave shotgun, and rocket launcher, made stranger considering it can be remote-detonated.

The best way to use it is simply aim in the general direction of a crowd - it can be just as damaging if you narrowly miss each member of a crowd as if you land a direct impact. To put it simply, it’s a nightmare for any faction save the infested. It melts shields, it scrambles electronics, and lacerates nervous systems. It can be just as dangerous to Oeizu as Corpus in close-combat situations on their ships, but this is a non-issue  due the shielding and extraordinary durability of Oeizu technology…

…and due to their sheer hatred of the Corpus.

The only downside compared to the Plasmor, its relative counterpart, is that it doesn’t quite fire the same size of un-aimable boulder of death. 

There is no safe way to truly take cover from this - just get out of the way, fast as possible. There does exist a Corpus version, but it’s slower-moving, less damaging, and more cheaply made.

At this point, it may be easy to ask: “Who are the Oeizu?” 

It’s best described through part of their legend. According to fragments of records, along with oral tradition held by those people conquered by the Corpus, there was a time before the Orokin in which the Oeizu ruled the Origin System. Their dominion allegedly included most of the solar system beyond Mars.

This… is widely disbelieved in the modern Origin System.

At present time, they’re scavengers unable to survive inside the gravity wells of planets, without access to expensive life-saving augmentations common to high-ranking Corpus allowing one to survive planetside without suffering from catastrophic organ and bone failure, so the Corpus who use them as a permanent underclass find that difficult to believe. And the Grineer who routinely murder them just don’t care.

They’re “trusted” by the Corpus with only the most dangerous jobs, constructing and repairing ships in orbital docks, along with deep-space mining, and salvaging Orokin and pre-Orokin relics from the Far Black beyond Pluto. But this comes with a laundry list of abuses from the Corpus - overcharging and underpayment, suspicion of their communal lifestyle, hate groups that believe they’re untrustworthy due to the amount of time they spend outside of Corpus Space, and shakedowns, along with selling them terrible surplus mothballed after the Tenno blew it up or something. There’s a lot of hate the Corpus have for the Oeizu...

And the Oeizu hate them right back. They also overcharge Corpus for their relics if the needs strike them, and have built a large number of anti-Corpus weapons (some of which, it is rumored, have found their way into Grineer hands). 

Oeizu technology is often less advanced, but far more rugged than Corpus tech. Much of their weaponry is artisanally made, and has an ornamented chrome aesthetic and is also kept under a set of curved shielding that protects it from radiation and other ambient energy - which quickly fades in color under the stress it’s put through. According to them, it helps cool it down, but this was determined by Corpus to be too heavy and expensive.

Stats

• Trigger: Semi
  • Fire Rate: 1.8
  • Magazine: 8

Main projectile

• Damage: 80 Impact
  • Forced Procs: Electric

Radius

• Damage: 300
  • 120 Impact
  • 180 Electric
  • Critical Chance:  20%
  • Size: 2m 
  • Damage Falloff: 100% damage up to 30m
  • 50% damage at 60m
  • 50% max reduction

Explosion

• Damage: 320
  • 80 Impact
  • 240 Electric
  • Blast Radius: 3.2m

Artist notes

This was… profoundly difficult to stat. This is such a strange gun - the best word I have to describe it is “plastilla.” It fires Plasmor-like projectiles, but they explode on impact. So for the most effectiveness, you may have to aim away from enemies. Unless you want to 

TBH this thing’s stats mostly exist as a way to screw with how status works in Warframe - you can build it with heat and viral, get radiation and viral… and heat, at least on direct impact. I also think the idea of a weapon that misses an enemy and still does damage somehow (I may revisit this. I may not. IDK man.) is a funny one. 

From a lore perspective, I’ve wanted to do this for awhile! The Oeizu people, who I’ve mentioned awhile ago, are one of at least four groups I’ve come up with or expanded on in Warframe. The basic idea is that they’re essentially Belters (from The Expanse) with Fallout universe tech and aesthetic. 

…And that’s where I think I may have screwed up.

I realized midway through that the aesthetic doesn’t make you think “this belongs to poor people.” But on the other hand, I feel like the silver and chrome looked too good for me to blemish it and make it look too corroded. Just pretend this is an unusually well-maintained by their standards, and that from now on the idea behind the Oeizu isn’t “futuristic and shiny” - it’ll be more like a tech path that’s been left behind. It’ll feel like the future by way of your friend’s ancient truck from between 1950 and 1970.

…I don’t actually know how people might end up interacting with the Oeizu. Perhaps it involves Railjack?

NEXT UPDATE will be... okay, I don't know what day, but I have like FOUR WEAPONS FOR YOU (wow) and I'm gonna ask for YOUR HELP in picking which one to post next!

I've just looked at the pic and I already love it.

1 hour ago, Neo3602 said:

I've just looked at the pic and I already love it.

yeah-bwoy =D

Thanks so much! I've been sitting on this idea for close to a year and haven't posted it yet. Wasn't colored until fairly recently, either. I only did this cause I was in Zion National Park and had to do something that felt Fallout... and was not the Survivalist's Rifle. This last part was very difficult.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Artist notes

I really like this mechanic , it reminds me a bit off the old heatshot penta build ( a old time ago when blating enemies over the head was a reliable head shot ( i will never forgive you tonkor )). The timing is not as strick to get a double hit ( projetile and explosion ) but depending on the projetile speed and firing speed this gun can have a lot off depth. 

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

I really like this mechanic , it reminds me a bit off the old heatshot penta build ( a old time ago when blating enemies over the head was a reliable head shot ( i will never forgive you tonkor )). The timing is not as strick to get a double hit ( projetile and explosion ) but depending on the projetile speed and firing speed this gun can have a lot off depth. 

Funnily enough, it was inspired by another explosive weapon - just not one from Warframe. Specifically, the Thunderbolt launcher. That works... pretty much the same as this does.

• Like 1

Art Dump 15: The One Where You  Vote On The Next Concept
We promise NOT to invalidate this through the electoral college.

I’ve had a good amount of spare time lately, which I’ve used to do basically what you expect - make weapons, draw ponies, write down concepts, et cetera. And I’ve found myself in a strange position. See, I have four weapons I’ve finished drawing (not all of them are statted though) which is a surprisingly huge backlog, and I could just ride that for about a month. I’ve included some notes on the most important things about them - you’ll get some fluff and crunch as soon as this is all finished.

My only question is… what do you want to see statted and written out first?

Athenaeum

Untitled_pump_gun.png?width=1422&height=

Spoiler
  • Tenno combat shotgun inspired by one of my Aliens: Fireteam builds. This has some... pretty great damage, counterbalanced by a wider shot cone than, say, Strun Prime.

• Causes explosions on headshots for 25% of hit damage.

• This is actually entirely statted.

Kaibunkotsu (name subject to change)

Spoiler

• Tenno 2-handed Nikana - aka, a Nodachi - made from Sentient materials.

• Doing a Heavy Attack teleports you to an enemy, dealing damage to them and anything in the sword’s normal attack range. Essentially, imagine Rift Strike if it also attacked anything in normal Heavy Attack range.  This is affected by Range mods, too!

• Inspired by Ash’s sword from Apex Legends.

Kaishakunin

glass_sword_-_MOVE_TO_CLOUD.png?width=20

Spoiler
  • Tenno greatsword made from Void Glass.

• I’ll explain what that is later.

• Has (virtually?) no Puncture Damage - the bulk of this is Impact and Slash.

• Very high status.

Errata / Euston Wraith(?)

erratas_rifle_1.png?width=844&height=546

(without grenade launcher)

Errats_with_grenade_launcher.png?width=8

(with grenade launcher)

NOTE: I'm not actually sure if it'll be Erratas or Euston Wraith... or even if it'll have a nade launcher.

Spoiler
  • Tenno version of the Survivalist’s Rifle from Fallout New Vegas. I only drew this because I was in Zion National Park and couldn’t resist. 

• Slower version of Euston emphasizing sheer shot for shot power over the Euston’s rate of fire. Probably less status.

• Should probably add Nade Launcher back in. Instead of three grenades, it shoots a rocket.

•  Not a hundred percent sure what it does yet - maybe it’s semiauto, maybe it's burst, maybe it’s slow-firing and/or non-hitscan? I lean towards non-hitscan, if only because I’ve done a lot of slow-yet-powerful automatic weapons like the Bruin, Fedorova, and Elysium.`Maybe also the Avakan but that’s not exactly slow, just below-average.

• Should this have the grenade launcher or nah? If not, i’m not calling it a Euston

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I’ve had a good amount of spare time lately, which I’ve used to do basically what you expect - make weapons, draw ponies, write down concepts, et cetera. And I’ve found myself in a strange position. See, I have four weapons I’ve finished drawing (not all of them are statted though) which is a surprisingly huge backlog, and I could just ride that for about a month. I’ve included some notes on the most important things about them - you’ll get some fluff and crunch as soon as this is all finished.

Athenaeum

Hide contents
  • Tenno combat shotgun inspired by one of my Aliens: Fireteam builds. This has some... pretty great damage, counterbalanced by a wider shot cone than, say, Strun Prime.

Reveal hidden contents

• Doing a Heavy Attack teleports you to an enemy, dealing damage to them and anything in the sword’s normal attack range. Essentially, imagine Rift Strike if it also attacked anything in normal Heavy Attack range.  This is affected by Range mods, too!

Kaishakunin

Reveal hidden contents

• Very high status.

(with grenade launcher)

NOTE: I'm not actually sure if it'll be Erratas or Euston Wraith... or even if it'll have a nade launcher.

Hide contents
  • Tenno version of the Survivalist’s Rifle from Fallout New Vegas. I only drew this because I was in Zion National Park and couldn’t resist. 

• Slower version of Euston emphasizing sheer shot for shot power over the Euston’s rate of fire. Probably less status.

• Should probably add Nade Launcher back in. Instead of three grenades, it shoots a rocket.

•  Not a hundred percent sure what it does yet - maybe it’s semiauto, maybe it's burst, maybe it’s slow-firing and/or non-hitscan? I lean towards non-hitscan, if only because I’ve done a lot of slow-yet-powerful automatic weapons like the Bruin, Fedorova, and Elysium.`Maybe also the Avakan but that’s not exactly slow, just below-average.

• Should this have the grenade launcher or nah? If not, i’m not calling it a Euston

Personal opinion on my part? I invest my wooden nickel in the Kaishakunin. My curiosity is peaked, thanks largely to the Void experiments and items in my backlog that may see the light of day, seeing what others may personally find on similar routes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Athenaeum

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Kaishakunin

Reveal hidden contents

• Very high status.

(with grenade launcher)

Reveal hidden contents

The rifle looks interesting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Personal opinion on my part? I invest my wooden nickel in the Kaishakunin. My curiosity is peaked, thanks largely to the Void experiments and items in my backlog that may see the light of day, seeing what others may personally find on similar routes.

Unexpected, but I did outright say "It's made out of void glass, I'll explain that later..."

Also. You've got full permission to use any lore from this if you want. Go nuts. 

1 hour ago, Neo3602 said:

The rifle looks interesting.

Alright, alright. Should I include the launcher or nah? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Hide contents

I vote on dual nikana because melee weapons are really uncomon around here. 

Also make the teleport go behind the target for meme reasons 

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

(with grenade launcher)

Have you considered a meme scope ugrade for this one too 

like tis absolute unit 

CHhbOOs0UsIgEtzmidC_EdH9JGU0HG8PTlA0iqkQ

idk what it would do but sounds like a unique silloute it could expande the kind off abilities. Mybe a spotter alt fire the rewards killing the target you locked in. 

29 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Oh, it's not a dual nikana, that's just animation notes or something. It's really a single two-handed Nikana.

29 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Also make the teleport go behind the target for meme reasons 

Have you considered a meme scope ugrade for this one too 

like tis absolute unit 

CHhbOOs0UsIgEtzmidC_EdH9JGU0HG8PTlA0iqkQ

idk what it would do but sounds like a unique silloute it could expande the kind off abilities. Mybe a spotter alt fire the rewards killing the target you locked in. 

I haven't considered that, but it's an interesting idea. The spotter idea seems too... limited, maybe some kind of spotting grenade launcher if we wanna take that far enough.

...Meme reasons, you say? Alright, I'm interested.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Unexpected, but I did outright say "It's made out of void glass, I'll explain that later..."

Also. You've got full permission to use any lore from this if you want. Go nuts. 

Alright, alright. Should I include the launcher or nah? 

Yes, more underslung weapons are always welcome, but who says it has to be a grenade launcher?