Jump to content

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - Corpus Dual Pistols!)


(XBOX)Fluffywolf36
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 2022-06-21 at 12:28 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Btw, this is how the Taknok was originally meant to look:

MI_MassDriver_NoBrand.jpg

Strange silhouette, very tempting - couldn't make it work.

  Where’d the “kinks” come in implementationwise?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Unus said:

  Where’d the “kinks” come in implementationwise?

Honestly, it’s more of an aesthetic issue tbh. I know… a decent amount about gun design, I can normally point to some design IRL to justify it. Like “well, the Somin, Avakwn, and Tarvoss are based on this, which works somehow…”

(the tarvoss is based on the TKB-022, the Avakan is just a higher caliber AN-94, the somin is based off the TKB-011. Yes, right down to whatever bizarre thing the charging handle does! on that note if you need references on weird RL guns, just ask)

I will, however, be willing to ignore or handwave that if given the chance. But… the one thing I won’t circumvent (unless it’s an Entrati gun and it has to be oversized) is that I have to be able to believe I can hold it.

So on this thing, You’re supposed to put your left hand on a pistol grip BEHIND the cylinder, which is gonna make this super front heavy - mayyyyyybe not so good an idea for a weapon so dependent on the precise angle at which you hold this.  I couldn’t make myself take it seriously.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Honestly, it’s more of an aesthetic issue tbh. I know… a decent amount about gun design, I can normally point to some design IRL to justify it. Like “well, the Somin, Avakwn, and Tarvoss are based on this, which works somehow…”

(the tarvoss is based on the TKB-022, the Avakan is just a higher caliber AN-94, the somin is based off the TKB-011. Yes, right down to whatever bizarre thing the charging handle does! on that note if you need references on weird RL guns, just ask)

I will, however, be willing to ignore or handwave that if given the chance. But… the one thing I won’t circumvent (unless it’s an Entrati gun and it has to be oversized) is that I have to be able to believe I can hold it.

So on this thing, You’re supposed to put your left hand on a pistol grip BEHIND the cylinder, which is gonna make this super front heavy - mayyyyyybe not so good an idea for a weapon so dependent on the precise angle at which you hold this.  I couldn’t make myself take it seriously.

Hm. . . . . thinking about it a bit. . . what about a left-sided grip to hold onto it with? Perhaps it’s an extension of that lever on the magazine latch, something that you, say, lock into place with a twist or sink into the gun to keep it latched?
 

If put on the gun at the right angle, such a grip shouldn’t interfere with both the electronic sight aiming system or the . . . uh, side-aiming trajectory-sight?

 

  As an additional note, this launcher here. . . is this thing from Dust 514? I swear, my memory seems to be calling on it, something Minmatar and “”lower tech””.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Unus said:

  As an additional note, this launcher here. . . is this thing from Dust 514? I swear, my memory seems to be calling on it, something Minmatar and “”lower tech””.

Yes, it's from Dust =D On that note I have no idea what the thing on the side does,.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Yes, it's from Dust =D On that note I have no idea what the thing on the side does,.

  Huh, I was eyeballing it a bit and watching it in the vids and, apparently, it seems like it’s some manner of magazine ejector. You pull the black lever down to loosen it, then you pull the yellow bit forward to let the whole cylinder drop out. 
 

  Stick a new cylinder in, let the ballistic computer spin the cylinder to confirm its functional, then pull the yellow bit back and click the cylinder into place while the black lever pops up to show its in snuggly.

 

  Hm. . . not much room to maneuver a side-stick grip into position on this thing. . . 
 

Hm. . . Maybe we cut the size down a bit? Move the trigger to the front grip, squish the buttstock down, then stick an angled foregrip under the drum? Doesn’t stick out as much, a bit more comfort to the wielder, that sort of deal, maybe even reduce drum size so the angled foregrip aligns with the new trigger?

 

  Just my thoughts on the ancient matter mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Tenno 'Charbon Prime' Revolver

“This revolver fires hollowpoint rounds tipped with void crystals. Upon impact, the crystal fragments are flung outward, ripping through vulnerable flesh. Upon headshots, however, the fragments change trajectory and arc back to the original point of impact, lacerating the skull. On headshot kills, however, fragments home in on nearby enemies. Strangely, the combined mass of fragments far exceeds the mass before the original shattering.

Hold down the trigger to increase its punch-through.”

--Codex

tenno__charbon__revolver_by_fluffywolf36

Lore

This was one of the strangest commissions I made.”
–Haruka Lorne

 

Haruka Lorne-built revolver firing crystal-tipped ammunition. Unlike other Tenno firearms, the ammo is surprisingly complex.

The Charbon Prime fires hollowpoint rounds with poor penetration. The hollows are then filled with a void-resonant crystal which shatters on impact, flinging outwards three improbably sharp shards that seem to seek the hollows in nearby enemies armor, causing massive internal bleeding. Strangely, the combined mass of the shards seems to exceed the mass of the crystal kept in the hollow.

If you were to add punch-through to this, it’d just shatter on walls instead of enemies. Similar to the Kuva Drakgoon, it’s incapable of having object punch-through.

To exploit this, Haruka Lorne added a charge mechanism that increases the velocity of its bullets, which hurls them through enemies, leaving them shattering against hard surfaces such as walls, vehicles, and heavy armor.

On headshots, things become more interesting. The projectiles travel a short distance from the point of impact… and promptly turn back towards the point of impact, dealing damage to the head again. If the enemy dies from the original headshot, the crystal fragments will seek out a nearby enemy. How or why this happens is unknown. 

This process is totally unaffected by punch-through if you are to add it. You can totally just shoot someone in the head, fire out homing projectiles from said head, overpenetrate another enemy, and cause a shotgun-like effect as the round shatters against a wall. On that note, it’s possible to shoot around a corner and fire off a shotgun-like spray around a corner.

The Charbon Prime is, not to put too fine a point on it, excellent against Infested, even moreso than the other revolvers of Haruka Lorne. It can deal scratch damage to those Infested in a short radius of the original target, headshots aren’t required for optimal damage, and it has really good slash.

It’s not exclusively good against Infested, however. Obviously, it’s great against Grineer and Corpus. It’s just that against Infested, it’s an excellent mid-road between precision and power.

 

STAT NOTES:
There’s a cosmetic effect on headshots of the fragments spraying out and arcing back towards the head. In terms of gameplay, it’s just expressed as bonus headshot damage. Actually statting those projectiles was too much work, and it would run the risk of every headshot possibly being able to deal like 12 status effects and crit 12 times. I don’t think that’s a good idea. I’ll go into that in Artist Notes.

 

STATS


Noise: Alarming

Magazine: 7

Reload: 2.6s

Trigger: charge

 

Normal Attacks

Fire Rate: 2.8s

Damage: 144

72 Slash

48 impact

24 Puncture

Critical Chance: 27%

Critical Multiplier: 2.2x

Headshot Multiplier: 2.4x

Status Chance: 27%
Projectile Type: Hitscan

 

Splinters

Projectiles: 3

Damage: 60

36 Slash

24 Puncture

Critical Chance: 27%

Critical Multiplier: 2.2x

Status Chance: 27%
Projectile Type: Non-hitscan

 

Artist Notes

So, I have… a number of weapons that are dependent on headshots for crowd control. There’s the Makina, Vernal, and Athenaeum, which do radial damage on headshots (and are, quite frankly, a nightmare to balance). There’s also the Jubal and Adjudicas, which have headshot ricochets like a Jakobs except they can be pushed to ridiculous extents. There’s also the Oribi (that’s old lol) that just has the Jakobs ricochet combined with the Peacekeeper from Apex, and also the Un Lobito (GUITAR CHORD) revolver, which does heat damage explosions on headshot kills.

So eventually I asked myself: “How do I make the opposite?”

 And this was the answer - something that does more crowd control on body shots, but not headshots. To compensate, it has great headshot damage. I balanced this against the Estampida pistol (which is 4 years old. Man, that art needs a remaster) so it does less damage, especially on headshots. The homing on headshot kills is just because… at that point? Why not.

Trying to create this gimmick was actually surprisingly difficult. Originally, I planned on making each fragment individually do damage, and that was… that was too much work. There’s three reasons for this.

First, it means I’m not giving it the ability to do up to 12 status effects on one headshot. Assuming a riven isn’t in play.  I’ve never balanced a game in my life, but that sounds like a nightmare.

Secondly, it means I’m not being forced to twist the stats into a pretzel by giving it less than 80 damage. Thirdly, it means more immediate headshot damage - Warframe exists in a space where dead is the best CC, and an extra second or so to kill enemies might make this feel a bit… off.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Charbon Prime' Revolver

“This revolver fires hollowpoint rounds tipped with void crystals. Upon impact, the crystal fragments are flung outward, ripping through vulnerable flesh. Upon headshots, however, the fragments change trajectory and arc back to the original point of impact, lacerating the skull. On headshot kills, however, fragments home in on nearby enemies. Strangely, the combined mass of fragments far exceeds the mass before the original shattering.

Hold down the trigger to increase its punch-through.”

--Codex

tenno__charbon__revolver_by_fluffywolf36

Lore

This was one of the strangest commissions I made.”
–Haruka Lorne

 

Haruka Lorne-built revolver firing crystal-tipped ammunition. Unlike other Tenno firearms, the ammo is surprisingly complex.

The Charbon Prime fires hollowpoint rounds with poor penetration. The hollows are then filled with a void-resonant crystal which shatters on impact, flinging outwards three improbably sharp shards that seem to seek the hollows in nearby enemies armor, causing massive internal bleeding. Strangely, the combined mass of the shards seems to exceed the mass of the crystal kept in the hollow.

If you were to add punch-through to this, it’d just shatter on walls instead of enemies. Similar to the Kuva Drakgoon, it’s incapable of having object punch-through.

To exploit this, Haruka Lorne added a charge mechanism that increases the velocity of its bullets, which hurls them through enemies, leaving them shattering against hard surfaces such as walls, vehicles, and heavy armor.

On headshots, things become more interesting. The projectiles travel a short distance from the point of impact… and promptly turn back towards the point of impact, dealing damage to the head again. If the enemy dies from the original headshot, the crystal fragments will seek out a nearby enemy. How or why this happens is unknown. 

This process is totally unaffected by punch-through if you are to add it. You can totally just shoot someone in the head, fire out homing projectiles from said head, overpenetrate another enemy, and cause a shotgun-like effect as the round shatters against a wall. On that note, it’s possible to shoot around a corner and fire off a shotgun-like spray around a corner.

The Charbon Prime is, not to put too fine a point on it, excellent against Infested, even moreso than the other revolvers of Haruka Lorne. It can deal scratch damage to those Infested in a short radius of the original target, headshots aren’t required for optimal damage, and it has really good slash.

It’s not exclusively good against Infested, however. Obviously, it’s great against Grineer and Corpus. It’s just that against Infested, it’s an excellent mid-road between precision and power.

 

STAT NOTES:
There’s a cosmetic effect on headshots of the fragments spraying out and arcing back towards the head. In terms of gameplay, it’s just expressed as bonus headshot damage. Actually statting those projectiles was too much work, and it would run the risk of every headshot possibly being able to deal like 12 status effects and crit 12 times. I don’t think that’s a good idea. I’ll go into that in Artist Notes.

 

STATS


Noise: Alarming

Magazine: 7

Reload: 2.6s

Trigger: charge

 

Normal Attacks

Fire Rate: 2.8s

Damage: 144

72 Slash

48 impact

24 Puncture

Critical Chance: 27%

Critical Multiplier: 2.2x

Headshot Multiplier: 2.4x

Status Chance: 27%
Projectile Type: Hitscan

 

Splinters

Projectiles: 3

Damage: 60

36 Slash

24 Puncture

Critical Chance: 27%

Critical Multiplier: 2.2x

Status Chance: 27%
Projectile Type: Non-hitscan

 

Artist Notes

So, I have… a number of weapons that are dependent on headshots for crowd control. There’s the Makina, Vernal, and Athenaeum, which do radial damage on headshots (and are, quite frankly, a nightmare to balance). There’s also the Jubal and Adjudicas, which have headshot ricochets like a Jakobs except they can be pushed to ridiculous extents. There’s also the Oribi (that’s old lol) that just has the Jakobs ricochet combined with the Peacekeeper from Apex, and also the Un Lobito (GUITAR CHORD) revolver, which does heat damage explosions on headshot kills.

So eventually I asked myself: “How do I make the opposite?”

 And this was the answer - something that does more crowd control on body shots, but not headshots. To compensate, it has great headshot damage. I balanced this against the Estampida pistol (which is 4 years old. Man, that art needs a remaster) so it does less damage, especially on headshots. The homing on headshot kills is just because… at that point? Why not.

Trying to create this gimmick was actually surprisingly difficult. Originally, I planned on making each fragment individually do damage, and that was… that was too much work. There’s three reasons for this.

First, it means I’m not giving it the ability to do up to 12 status effects on one headshot. Assuming a riven isn’t in play.  I’ve never balanced a game in my life, but that sounds like a nightmare.

Secondly, it means I’m not being forced to twist the stats into a pretzel by giving it less than 80 damage. Thirdly, it means more immediate headshot damage - Warframe exists in a space where dead is the best CC, and an extra second or so to kill enemies might make this feel a bit… off.

The gimmick for the Charbon Prime sound pretty fun. I'd be interested to know who commissioned it from Haruka.

Edit: On that line of thought was Haruka Lorne the tenno version of an online artist but with guns instead of art(though one could argue Harukas weapons could be considered works of art)?

Edited by Neo3602
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

The gimmick for the Charbon Prime sound pretty fun.

Thanks! It took awhile to hash it out, but the idea of "How do I make almost an anti-crowd-control gun?" felt like an interesting challenge. Also, it felt good making something that wasn't too dependent on headshots. As for who commissioned it...

I can't say because I'm not a hundred percent sure, but probably some Orokin official who wanted it to deal with Infested. Maybe I'll go into that one later.

20 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Edit: On that line of thought was Haruka Lorne the tenno version of an online artist but with guns instead of art(though one could argue Harukas weapons could be considered works of art)?

Perhaps she would be kinda like that, actually. A lot of it (the Depezador, Callan, Oribi) was designed essentially for the lulz on her part, though. That said, apparently I've also written her doing a lot of collab projects with Father, which might be somewhat like the equivalent of Mark Rothko being commissioned to make a mural for the Four Seasons. Though I think I also implied she was involved in various projects, cause I can't really imagine her not having anything to do with the Naga revolver project.

(that's the one revolver that's silenced)

Some other facts about Haruka btw - Her favorite "canon" Tenno guns from canon WF were the Soma Prime, Corinth Prime, (Ak)vasto prime, (Ak)lex Prime, and Sepulcrum. At least if we're counting Entrati guns. Favorite guns from this thread would be... almost any gun she made on commission especially the Depezador Prime and Naga, the Estampida, the Avakan, Bruin Automatic Rifle, Tenebrae Shotgun, Haoma, Poyang grenade launcher, Yahrzeit flamethrower, and especially Euston and Somesha.

I especially like those last two lmao. I think in a lot of ways they're the best things I've made here. There's also more but I reeeeally don't want to make this post too long lol

Also since she's basically just an extrapolation of me, she really enjoys using the Sobek, Prisma Gorgon, and Kuva Karak. But especially a Sobek with acid shells. That thing is great.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Good news and bad news:

BAD NEWS:

Quest isn't done, on account of having kind of spitballed the first part. I'm not even sure who the main villain is - I knew I wanted it to arc weld the Zariman, New War, and Deimos plotlines together, but at the same time... I don't know which enemy faction I want to be playing a main role in this. Grineer or Corpus?

One hand, Granum is a lot of fun to write, and it'd be interesting contrasting him with the Entrati, and it'd give them a reason to learn some stuff about their old names. Other hand, it'd be fun to dovetail the Grineer back into this so I can take a look at the dangling Worm Queen plot thread.

Essentially, Granum lets me do better character writing but the Kuva Grineer lets me bring something back into the fold. If you're reading this, I'd like to ask: What are your thoughts? As I vent like this, I find myself leaning towards Granum, but I want to know if anyone would like to see me tackle the grineer.

GOOD NEWS:

Anyway here's the good news - I've found myself doodling another Entrati gun. It looks kinda like this!

40k LoVEinhyr Jul4 Details2 so I guess you're getting two guns coming with said quest if I finish it. They're not gonna be quest rewards, they'll just be introduced in the same update as the quest.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Came in to say hey. 

Glad to see that things are moving forward on your end. I am planning on finishing up the script for my quest sometime soon, but what soon means is going to either be sometime this week or sometime this month, situation pending.

I would say that it's best to keep it small, but do your own thing. You've been producing great work recently, so keep up the good work.

T.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Glad to see that things are moving forward on your end. I am planning on finishing up the script for my quest sometime soon, but what soon means is going to either be sometime this week or sometime this month, situation pending.

 

That's a mood. A lot of my fanfics - this included - exist in a weird sorta limbo. My MLP fanfic hasn't updated since September or so (I'd like to finish a chapter this month) and I have this almost ADD-like tendency to just sort of forget projects midway through. Just like DE.

 

2 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

I would say that it's best to keep it small, but do your own thing. You've been producing great work recently, so keep up the good work.

 

mqdefault.jpg

I mean I'm not planning on writing New War 2 Electric Boogaloo but I do want it to be something that people would look at and say "damn this is good lore"

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cont'd from that last post: the quest that the Catafalque will release alongside (That's the name of the new Entrati gun) is intended to be more like, say, an event comic. Specifically, the kind that exists less for the sake of art and more for the sake of cleaning house.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I mean I'm not planning on writing New War 2 Electric Boogaloo but I do want it to be something that people would look at and say "damn this is good lore"

*Laughs in 20 page script for a quest that is nowhere near halfway done.*

Switching to writing quests like pseudo scripts is more interesting, but it does naturally lead to TNW length products

 

Edited by Teoarrk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Switching to writing quests like pseudo scripts is more interesting, but it does naturally lead to TNW length products

 

 

part of me wants to just suddenly write a novella here and blindside all of you lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Entrati 'Catafalque' Double Gun

“ This weapon was created by Father Entrati and Haruka Lorne for Dax Jubal the Smiler, as a carbine version of the Sepulcrum. But, those two being who they were, it wasn’t that simple. In addition to being more balanced and portable than the Sepulcrum, it boasts in auto-burst trigger that automatically fires four-round bursts from its alternating recoiling barrels, saturating enemies with explosives. 

Alt fire puts the weapon in lock-on mode. Aim to lock onto multiple targets, then fire to unleash homing missiles.

entrati__catafalque__double_gun_by_fluff

Lore

A blend of Tenno and Entrati stylings. The Catafalque was rediscovered by Haruka Lorne and Father Entrati, both of whom consumed considerable amounts of entheogens while using Ayatans to recover their lost memories. 

 

It’s hard not to think they got something wrong in translation, which likely explains a lot about the behavior of this weapon.

 

 It’s a bizarre automatic weapon taking up a possibly non-euclidean niche somewhere between an SMG, an LMG, a DMR, explosive weapons, and possibly shotguns. It automatically fires in four round bursts, (technically it fires two overlapping two-round bursts, but that’s not important) hammering into enemies with armor-piercing explosive rounds that do radial heat damage. 

 

The Catafalque is an excellent weapon in that it can be used for any situation requiring explosives, automatic weaponry, or crowd control. Its only shortcomings are its considerable recoil after the first burst, a long reload, and somewhat low projectile velocity compared to the average bullets of the Origin System - for example, a custom Quartakk from the Kuva Fortress deals less damage, but fires higher-velocity rounds at an incredibly fast rate. 

 

At the end of the day though - whichever day we’re talking.depending on planets or moons or even artificial cycles on asteroids - Nothing survives a four-round burst from this weapon entirely intact.

 

While it was originally custom designed for Dax Jubal, (one of the few Dax other than Mad Ori who enjoyed the use of firearms) it found a niche in the Orokin era as a compact, easy-to-aim weapon for use in close quarters.

 

In particular, it was used by various Entrati “cousins,” cadet branches, and kocho such as Uncle [REDACTED] to explore and harvest Infested Plague Stars - a catchall term for celestial bodies that have been (virtually) overtaken by technocytic growth. Not unlike the Plague Stars that fell upon the Plains of Eidolon, or the one that fell just outside the Orb Vallis near the entrance to Deck 12, creating the Draugr Strain of Infested - or the one that fell on Ceres, creating the Venenum Strain.


The most extreme example of the Origin System would be Deimos. Eris might be an example, though some Corpus facilities exist within the bounds of its frozen poles so it’s not a true example.

 

While these are seen as navigation hazards at best and existential threats to nearby settlements at worst, they were quite valued during Orokin times, seen as (sometimes literal) gold mines of valuable technocytic components synthesized together from organic material, metal, and machinery. 

 

…Nobody really liked talking about where the organic material came from, as it was definitely from native flora that the Orokin had geneforged, and definitely not from people who were definitely hopefully not conscious somewhere inside the infested cutaneum.

 

Of course when even this was too large for use indoors, the Tenno and Archimedean personnel would be issued high-caliber sidearms such as Vasto Primes, Lex Primes, Depezador Primes, and Estampidas. Or a Euphona.

 

Nowadays, it is also used to clear infestations of an entirely different sort - Corpus intent on stripping inhabited moons and asteroids under the guise of trade and cultural exchange, Grineer hellbent on destroying all that isn’t Grineer, and even Sentient fragments and Corrupted servitors still intent on fighting a war that’s been lost for countless millennia.

 

Against all odds, a few exist within Cetus’ armory under the watchful eye of Vikra Ohgun, for use against ‘feral’ Sentients such as Eidolons or remnants of the Second Sentient War.

 

This weapon’s blueprint is given as a reward at the end of the quest The Heart Still Beats. This would’ve come with that, but I also have gone nearly two weeks without posting and I don’t like that sort of thing.

 

Animation Notes:

The panels on the side of the magazine move to the side, and the magazine is drawn into place by various motors in the receiver. 

Both barrels recoil. There’s a non-zero chance you won’t be able to see this, but it does look cool.

Has a reciprocating charging handle

 

Comparisons: 

Quartakk:This still has better crit numbers and slightly faster DPS, and it’s better against single targets. At least while aimed. I really don’t care about its full-auto.

Nanocaust: That has better stats in pretty much every way… except magazine. This is auto burst though, so it has slightly better sustained damage.

 

STATS

Ammo Type: Rifle

Fire Rate: 4.32

Noise Level: Alarming

Magazine Size 80

Max Ammo: 240

Reload Time: 3.5

Primary Fire

Trigger: Auto Burst

Total Damage: 48

Impact: 9.6

Puncture: 26.9

Slash: 11.5

Accuracy 22.2

Burst Count: 4

Burst Delay: 0.2 s

Burst Rate 8

Fire Rate: 4.32

Crit Chance: 24%

Crit Multiplier 2.1x

Fire Rate: (redo)

Multishot 1 (48 damage per projectile)

Noise Level Alarming

Status Chance 32%

Projectile Speed 240 m/s

Projectile Type: Projectile

 

Radial Attack

 

Total Damage 46 Heat

Burst Count: 4

Crit Chance 24%

Crit Multiplier 2.1x

Damage Falloff

100% damage up to 0 m

80% damage at 2.0 m

20% max reduction

Fire Rate 3.67

Multishot 1 (46 damage per projectile)

Noise Level Alarming

Range 2.0 m

Status Chance: 32%

Projectile Type

AoE

 

Lock-On Mode

Total Damage 96 

Impact: 19.2

Puncture: 23

Slash: 53.8

Crit Chance 42%

Crit Multiplier 2.4x

Fire Rate: 1

Forced Procs: Impact

Multishot: 1 (96 damage per projectile)

Noise Level: Alarming

Status Chance: 42%

Projectile Speed: 60 m/s

Projectile Type Projectile

 

Lock-On Radial Attack

Total Damage 480 Heat

Crit Chance: 42%

Crit Multiplier: 2.4x

Damage Falloff

100% damage up to 0 m

80% damage at 3 m

20% max reduction

Fire Rate 1

Multishot 1 (480 damage per projectile)

Noise Level Alarming

Range 3 m

Status Chance 42%

Projectile Type AoE

 

Artist Notes:

In the early days of the thread,  one of my goals was to come up with stuff that I felt would fill untouched niches. Corpus shotguns and pistols, more Tenno revolvers, battle rifles, a rocket launcher, and my ideal grenade launcher.

This… is not one of them.

Honestly? I just wanted to import in something that felt like my Double Gun from Outriders.In addition to being a primary Sepulcrum. It’s also got more status to set it apart. There’s also some minor influence from the Calus’ Promise ornament in Destiny 2, as combined with a Storm Bolter.

 Incidentally, I also owe the name of this weapon to China Mieville! His description of High Cromlech mentioned various catafalques, and as often happens when you read a China Mieville novel and wonder what the hell words like “concatenate” or “inveigle” or “puissant” mean (I’m not explaining it) I got to wondering. See, a catafalque is a decorated wooden framework supporting the coffin of a distinguished person during a funeral or while lying in state. With the Entrati naming scheme being what it is, this just… made sense.

(In hindsight, this would have made it funny if I made it an adaptation of the Trumna, but it’s too late and I like the word ‘catafalque’)

Entrati weapons are… extremely hard to draw. If any of you ask me to make one, I will ask for payment, because seriously, it’s hard to get these right. There’s a reason I copypaste in so many parts.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 changed the title to Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - Entrati DOUBLE GUN!!!)
On 2022-07-12 at 10:38 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Entrati 'Catafalque' Double Gun

“ This weapon was created by Father Entrati and Haruka Lorne for Dax Jubal the Smiler, as a carbine version of the Sepulcrum. But, those two being who they were, it wasn’t that simple. In addition to being more balanced and portable than the Sepulcrum, it boasts in auto-burst trigger that automatically fires four-round bursts from its alternating recoiling barrels, saturating enemies with explosives. 

Alt fire puts the weapon in lock-on mode. Aim to lock onto multiple targets, then fire to unleash homing missiles.

entrati__catafalque__double_gun_by_fluff

Lore

A blend of Tenno and Entrati stylings. The Catafalque was rediscovered by Haruka Lorne and Father Entrati, both of whom consumed considerable amounts of entheogens while using Ayatans to recover their lost memories. 

 

It’s hard not to think they got something wrong in translation, which likely explains a lot about the behavior of this weapon.

 

 It’s a bizarre automatic weapon taking up a possibly non-euclidean niche somewhere between an SMG, an LMG, a DMR, explosive weapons, and possibly shotguns. It automatically fires in four round bursts, (technically it fires two overlapping two-round bursts, but that’s not important) hammering into enemies with armor-piercing explosive rounds that do radial heat damage. 

 

The Catafalque is an excellent weapon in that it can be used for any situation requiring explosives, automatic weaponry, or crowd control. Its only shortcomings are its considerable recoil after the first burst, a long reload, and somewhat low projectile velocity compared to the average bullets of the Origin System - for example, a custom Quartakk from the Kuva Fortress deals less damage, but fires higher-velocity rounds at an incredibly fast rate. 

 

At the end of the day though - whichever day we’re talking.depending on planets or moons or even artificial cycles on asteroids - Nothing survives a four-round burst from this weapon entirely intact.

 

While it was originally custom designed for Dax Jubal, (one of the few Dax other than Mad Ori who enjoyed the use of firearms) it found a niche in the Orokin era as a compact, easy-to-aim weapon for use in close quarters.

 

In particular, it was used by various Entrati “cousins,” cadet branches, and kocho such as Uncle [REDACTED] to explore and harvest Infested Plague Stars - a catchall term for celestial bodies that have been (virtually) overtaken by technocytic growth. Not unlike the Plague Stars that fell upon the Plains of Eidolon, or the one that fell just outside the Orb Vallis near the entrance to Deck 12, creating the Draugr Strain of Infested - or the one that fell on Ceres, creating the Venenum Strain.


The most extreme example of the Origin System would be Deimos. Eris might be an example, though some Corpus facilities exist within the bounds of its frozen poles so it’s not a true example.

 

While these are seen as navigation hazards at best and existential threats to nearby settlements at worst, they were quite valued during Orokin times, seen as (sometimes literal) gold mines of valuable technocytic components synthesized together from organic material, metal, and machinery. 

 

…Nobody really liked talking about where the organic material came from, as it was definitely from native flora that the Orokin had geneforged, and definitely not from people who were definitely hopefully not conscious somewhere inside the infested cutaneum.

 

Of course when even this was too large for use indoors, the Tenno and Archimedean personnel would be issued high-caliber sidearms such as Vasto Primes, Lex Primes, Depezador Primes, and Estampidas. Or a Euphona.

 

Nowadays, it is also used to clear infestations of an entirely different sort - Corpus intent on stripping inhabited moons and asteroids under the guise of trade and cultural exchange, Grineer hellbent on destroying all that isn’t Grineer, and even Sentient fragments and Corrupted servitors still intent on fighting a war that’s been lost for countless millennia.

 

Against all odds, a few exist within Cetus’ armory under the watchful eye of Vikra Ohgun, for use against ‘feral’ Sentients such as Eidolons or remnants of the Second Sentient War.

 

This weapon’s blueprint is given as a reward at the end of the quest The Heart Still Beats. This would’ve come with that, but I also have gone nearly two weeks without posting and I don’t like that sort of thing.

 

Animation Notes:

The panels on the side of the magazine move to the side, and the magazine is drawn into place by various motors in the receiver. 

Both barrels recoil. There’s a non-zero chance you won’t be able to see this, but it does look cool.

Has a reciprocating charging handle

 

Comparisons: 

Quartakk:This still has better crit numbers and slightly faster DPS, and it’s better against single targets. At least while aimed. I really don’t care about its full-auto.

Nanocaust: That has better stats in pretty much every way… except magazine. This is auto burst though, so it has slightly better sustained damage.

 

STATS

Ammo Type: Rifle

Fire Rate: 4.32

Noise Level: Alarming

Magazine Size 80

Max Ammo: 240

Reload Time: 3.5

Primary Fire

Trigger: Auto Burst

Total Damage: 48

Impact: 9.6

Puncture: 26.9

Slash: 11.5

Accuracy 22.2

Burst Count: 4

Burst Delay: 0.2 s

Burst Rate 8

Fire Rate: 4.32

Crit Chance: 24%

Crit Multiplier 2.1x

Fire Rate: (redo)

Multishot 1 (48 damage per projectile)

Noise Level Alarming

Status Chance 32%

Projectile Speed 240 m/s

Projectile Type: Projectile

 

Radial Attack

 

Total Damage 46 Heat

Burst Count: 4

Crit Chance 24%

Crit Multiplier 2.1x

Damage Falloff

100% damage up to 0 m

80% damage at 2.0 m

20% max reduction

Fire Rate 3.67

Multishot 1 (46 damage per projectile)

Noise Level Alarming

Range 2.0 m

Status Chance: 32%

Projectile Type

AoE

 

Lock-On Mode

Total Damage 96 

Impact: 19.2

Puncture: 23

Slash: 53.8

Crit Chance 42%

Crit Multiplier 2.4x

Fire Rate: 1

Forced Procs: Impact

Multishot: 1 (96 damage per projectile)

Noise Level: Alarming

Status Chance: 42%

Projectile Speed: 60 m/s

Projectile Type Projectile

 

Lock-On Radial Attack

Total Damage 480 Heat

Crit Chance: 42%

Crit Multiplier: 2.4x

Damage Falloff

100% damage up to 0 m

80% damage at 3 m

20% max reduction

Fire Rate 1

Multishot 1 (480 damage per projectile)

Noise Level Alarming

Range 3 m

Status Chance 42%

Projectile Type AoE

 

Artist Notes:

In the early days of the thread,  one of my goals was to come up with stuff that I felt would fill untouched niches. Corpus shotguns and pistols, more Tenno revolvers, battle rifles, a rocket launcher, and my ideal grenade launcher.

This… is not one of them.

Honestly? I just wanted to import in something that felt like my Double Gun from Outriders.In addition to being a primary Sepulcrum. It’s also got more status to set it apart. There’s also some minor influence from the Calus’ Promise ornament in Destiny 2, as combined with a Storm Bolter.

 Incidentally, I also owe the name of this weapon to China Mieville! His description of High Cromlech mentioned various catafalques, and as often happens when you read a China Mieville novel and wonder what the hell words like “concatenate” or “inveigle” or “puissant” mean (I’m not explaining it) I got to wondering. See, a catafalque is a decorated wooden framework supporting the coffin of a distinguished person during a funeral or while lying in state. With the Entrati naming scheme being what it is, this just… made sense.

(In hindsight, this would have made it funny if I made it an adaptation of the Trumna, but it’s too late and I like the word ‘catafalque’)

Entrati weapons are… extremely hard to draw. If any of you ask me to make one, I will ask for payment, because seriously, it’s hard to get these right. There’s a reason I copypaste in so many parts.

This is pretty cool, it would be funny to stack as much fire rate and multishot as you could on it, via mods and warframe abilities to see how fast you could get it to vomit the entire magazine out.

I'm also a sucker for weapons that shoot explosive rounds.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Neo3602 said:

This is pretty cool, it would be funny to stack as much fire rate and multishot as you could on it, via mods and warframe abilities to see how fast you could get it to vomit the entire magazine out.

 

Wisp players would have a great time with it =D

It'd also be extra fun with a galvanized mod! 

2 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

I'm also a sucker for weapons that shoot explosive rounds.

People talk a lot about the Sepulcrum being a storm bolter, but... that's just regular burstfire. I wanted this to really Feel like a storm bolter. Like you're just ripping enemies apart with a storm of explosives.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Wisp players would have a great time with it =D

It'd also be extra fun with a galvanized mod! 

People talk a lot about the Sepulcrum being a storm bolter, but... that's just regular burstfire. I wanted this to really Feel like a storm bolter. Like you're just ripping enemies apart with a storm of explosives.

Agreed, if they Sepulcrum was full auto then it could be a warframe storm bolter but as it is? Not quite. The Catafalque dose seem alot closer.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Agreed, if they Sepulcrum was full auto then it could be a warframe storm bolter but as it is? Not quite. The Catafalque dose seem alot closer.

I mean it does feel like a Bolter, but it doesn't feel quite as over-the-top as I designed the Catafalque to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022-07-14 at 1:39 AM, Neo3602 said:

This is pretty cool, it would be funny to stack as much fire rate and multishot as you could on it, via mods and warframe abilities to see how fast you could get it to vomit the entire magazine out.

I'm also a sucker for weapons that shoot explosive rounds.

Also, it’s worth mentioning: the best Riven for this would be one with inherent cold or toxin damage, specifically so you have the build freedom to add two more mods.

Maybe it doesn’t mean as much damage as adding a dual stat mod or a pure elemental mod, but it WOULD free you up to add Vigilante Armaments alongside Galvanized Shot or Hunter Munitions so you can have ridiculous status and nearly 400% multi shot.

(I actually put a lot of thought into the ideal rivens for some of this stuff! For example, the ideal Depezador Prime riven is… yeah, it’s just one that gives extra crit stats)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

tagging  @Teoarrk and @Unus because here's a LORE teaser! I promise, the gun this comes with is not just a story with a gun attached, but here's some lore snippets for the next Tenno assault rifle I release:

Quote

While a capable weapon* in its own right, the [REDACTED] was often used to train Tenno - particularly those Warborn* who had been “artificially induced” through the use of-

[Codex Edit: “Artificially Induced” is a misnomer - we’ll get to that in the Codex glossary. ~Haruka Lorne]

Burstfire was originally introduced by the Tenno to make weapons easier to learn. So as such, the [REDACTED] was often used to train Tenno how to compensate for recoil, to understand spray patterns, and shoot on the move.

Codex notes

 

* Warborn: Haruka Lorne here: “Artificial” is a misnomer. What they did was attempt to recreate the Zariman Accident with the wreck of the Zariman to create new generations of Te-

What? The wreck came back. It would have to have come back for us to be here in the first place. So logically, for a Zariman to have emerged from the void, they would have had to lose it again. And they lost the wreck of the Zariman by deliberately replicating Archimedean Yonta’s calculation errors, using Old War human debris to create new Tenno.

Then, one day, the Orokin tried using oHumans held by Old Lokites. Using unmodified, earthborn humans, the way it was before the Orokin set up the moon as the seat of a new empire. Ship just up and disappeared that time. I guess it just didn't like that.

Come to think of it, I’m not entirely sure the Zariman where I have a dormizone is the Zariman I traveled on all those millennia ago. 

Cause... you know what's funny? I don't remember Cavalero at all. We're good enough friends, he likes the modern guns and melee weapons I give him - he's particularly taken with my spare Prisma Gorgon - but I swear on the Forgotten Gods, I do not remember him on the first voyage.

Sure, why would a child on the voyage remember the head of security? But Cavalero... he's got a really distinct voice. Raspy, scarred by tabacc or quinner, or something. I'm certain I'd never heard that voice before I set foot on the Zariman.

~Haruka Lorne

 

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IT'S COMIN' BABY

WEREWOLF FRAME BUT EVEN BETTER THAN MINE BECAUSE SHE IS FEMALE AND THAT REMINDS ME OF LOONA

On 2020-04-12 at 5:01 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Vulkodlak

“The Orokin tried to kill this wild, uncontrollable, ferocious Warframe. They succeeded. That only made it angrier.” 

_vulkodlak__tenno_warframe_by_haruaxeman

Codex

Vulkodlak was something of an early prototype for Valkyr. As it was often difficult to truly “create” or even “predict” the focus of a Frame at that time, the Orokin couldn’t have imagined what they would’ve created while morphing the technocyte nanomachines into this shape.

The result was a violent, brutal berserker that kept trying to kill itself… and failing. When the Myrmidon came to hunt it, they could never kill it. Not permanently. But its combat prowess was unrivaled - the Orokin sent the first Vulkodlak unit to destroy a Buyan Alliance stronghold on Neptune’s moons, confident that the population of an entire moon could destroy it, and likely lure the alliance into a false sense of security.

The first Vulkodlak unit did not act according to plan. It slaughtered the population of the entire moon, crippling the Buyan Alliance almost overnight and forcing their remnants to flee to the furthest-flung habitats at the far fringe of the Origin System.

With yet another push by the Sentients, Vulkodlak was accepted for mass production. And that’s where the problems began - Vulkodlak Frames would assault each other without provocation and were prone to violent outbursts against anything, whether or not they had a [REDACTED] present.

Eventually, they started attacking anything Orokin (save for their fellow Tenno) at the slightest provocation. As these attacks grew too frequent, the Orokin issued a Mass Recall, calling on the Tenno to launch a coordinated assault to destroy Vulkodlak Frames.

Legend has it, however, that at least one Vulkodlak survived and hid on Ganymede…

Their signature weapon was the ‘Poyang’ grenade launcher, favored for its use as both a grenade launcher and shotgun, its incendiary rounds, and its ability to inflict self-harm.
 

Acquisition:

Awhile ago, I came up with an open-world concept for Ganymede.  It would've been an open-world with a heavy lore element, and most of the weapons I've made (except the Infested and Sentient ones) would've been rewards from there. However, I lost the thread of that one (sorry) due to weariness with grind islands.

Why is this relevant?

Because a Vulkodlak Frame is a rare miniboss that spawns at night on Ganymede. And, to acquire its blueprints, you have to beat it in a fight.

 

Abilities

 Passive 1: Desperation - The lower Vulkodlak's health is, the greater the damage he deals. This comes in stacks. 

Passive 2: Deathless - Vulkodlak has no shield.  However, his health is always regenerating. 

Passive 3: Hurt Me More - Vulkodlak receives self-damage instead of stagger. This is determined more by percentages of total health than base damage, though.

Passive 4: Feed - Killing an enemy while downed has a chance to revive you.

Passive 5: Echoes of Umbra: Melee attacks enemies while in SPOILER MODE.

 

1. Howl - Vulkodlak howls at a devastating volume, stunning enemies and opening them up to finishers. This can also do bleed damage. The lower his health, the louder this ability is. And the more range and duration it has. While comparable to Banshee’s 1, it’s actually more like a blast from an Arca Plasmor that does blast damage exclusively.

 2. Savage - Pounces at nearby enemies, and consume their health. 

3. Guard Dog: Simply aim in the general direction of a teammate and cast. This will give teammates an overshield, and slow Vulkodlak’s health regeneration to a crawl… while transferring the majority of damage received to Vulkodlak.  If the over shields receive enough damage, it’s transferred back to Vulkodlak, releasing a radial explosion. This is subject to health gating, meaning that - try as you might - this cannot actually kill him.

4. Rampage:  Expend stacks from passive to painfully transform (Vulkodlak audibly screams in pain) into a werewolf (were-kubrow?) form. Brief three-second period of invulnerability on casting. That said, Vulkodlak loses health the longer he's in this form. His claws, however, come with lifesteal, and have higher status and range (but less crit) than Valkyr’s talons.

 

How To Use:

First off: Self-damage is back, at least for them. But, with Vulkodlak it’s more dependent on percentages of total health than base damage of weaponry. It’s more about giving you an easy way to build up Desperation than encouraging caution. As such, the ideal loadout for Vulkodlak would have at least one weapon with self-stagger equipped. While I’d personally prefer primaries like the Astilla or Zarr, a good backup secondary would be a Tombfinger kitgun, or the ‘Hiro’ sidearm I made up awhile back.

Probably the best weapon to maintain low health with Vulkodlak is his signature weapon, the Poyang, which leaves a pool of fire on whatever it hits. Just stand in that for more energy and more damage.

Secondly, if you don’t build him for Rage or Hunter Adrenaline, you are doing it wrong. 

While on paper, Vulkodlak may seem to be a better version of Valkyr, this is compensated due to the extreme risk of using Vulkodlak. For maximum effectiveness, Vulkodlak should always be close to death.

Plus, his 3 gives him a lot of synergy for teams. You could, hypothetically, use it to help teammates in an Orb fight or Eidolon hunt, but with his heavy melee focus, I don’t know how useful that is. It’d definitely help out in an Arbitration, Sortie, or high-level Nemesis mission.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 changed the title to Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - Corpus Dual Pistols!)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...