Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

14 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

ART DUMP 6 I GUESS: REVENGE OF THE RETURN OF THE DEATH OF THE BIRTH OF THE RISE OF THE BRIDE OF THE SON OF THE DAWN OF THE AGE OF THE RISE OF THE RESURRECTION OF THE BIRTH OF THE REDEMPTION OF THE BIRTH OF THE...

BOLWAR AND GRAAL

grineer__augis__and__roakh__units_by_har
"My Queens, my beautiful, my EFFERVESCENT, all-giving Queens. You... see. That many Grineer claim to see their charges as... SONS. Oh, they talk a big game, don't they, Vor and the like, my sons this, my sons that, even Hek in a way. THEY ARE TERRIBLE PARENTS.

If the parents of the foolish colonists and degenerate Orokin seek to provide for their spawn, then we fail by that standard. We do not provide. Argument could be made we are Grineer, we do not have to provide, but how many Grineer must we waste? I see a better use here, for those deformed FAILURES of mine. And thus, I give the Augis and Radtus. Symbiotic, yet not.

The Roakh has been built to crawl through into the smallest of spaces, along the walls, even - and come with a variety of tools. A small, nimble thing capable of fixing near-any problem. See them crawl along our machinery, or across ceilings, flanking the Tenno betrayers with their weaponry. Larger variants still in the works. They're too small to hold anything bigger than a pistol, so I gave them the best pistols I could.

For reasons I can neither comprehend nor explain, they get along extraordinarily well with the Augis. Here you can see the turret I added to an Augis' back, just to. Accommodate them.

The Augis, however... a personal favorite. Inspired by Hek's little abomination, the... what did he call it? A DEVOURER. Same mouth, but more care to its creation. Massive, but often hard to trust with a firearm, the Augis uses decommissioned Dargyns as shields. Hellions, Shields, Hellion shields? IT CAN DO ALL OF THAT, AND... MORE. It will be an unstoppable wall between Tenno and Grineer. Its detonite flail can destroy the toughest crowds, and its jump modules ensure it can rush forward to serve as an impregnable bulwark of the Grineer army."
--Tyl Regor's proposal

ENEMY: ROAKH:

weapons: Nukor radiation pistol or Brakk shotgun pistol, Ripkas 
abilities:
1. Wall-Crawl - is capable of crawling and/or running across walls and ceilings, brandishing its weapon.
2. Hide - capable of jumping between machinery, or hiding in vents to strike. 
3. Turret - capable of taking over an Augis' turret.

variants
Giant Roakh - A larger Roakh armed with full-sized weaponry - such as shotguns, or even grenade launchers. Each of which count as sub-variants. Giant Roakhs can't use the turret, though.

ENEMY: AUGIS

weapons: Augis-spec Bolwar tower shield and Graal flail, possibly a Brakk.
abilities
1. Energy shield - Uses an overcharged Shield Dargyn's, uh... shield to protect it and nearby Grineer from incoming bullets.
2. Jumpkit - activates a short-range jump pack that lets it close the gap easily. It leaves shockwaves upon hitting.
3. Pull - can drag enemies in with its flail.
4. Shield Bash - has high knockback on nearby enemies.
(Passive: An Roakh can get on their back to use the turret)

variants:
Infested Augis: The Graal whip has merged with the arm into a tentacle. Its distended Ghoul Devourer-like mouth is full of baleen-like tentacles. Also, the Roakh has merged with them, and fires in all directions.
Hellion Augis: Uses a shield Hellion Dargyn. Instead of Pulling enemies, it's capable of firing missiles from its decommissioned Dargyn shield.
Infested Hellion Augis: ...Good lord, NO! I'm not that evil.
DOGU: A friendly (retired) Augis aligned with Steel Meridian that lives in Cetus, in a decommissioned Firbolg. He likes to make pottery, and will sell it to you happily.

WEAPON: BOLWAR AND GRAAL FLAIL AND SHIELD:
"An explosive flail with a head that destroys whatever it touches, paired with a Grineer shield."

The Graal - a corruption of 'Grenade Flail' - uses a detonite core combined with Orokin science to cause explosions on whatever its head hits. In terms of stats, it has high impact, puncture, and inherent blast damage - with rather anemic (less than 10!) slash damage. As it should. This has proven devastating to Infested swarms and Corpus. Paired with this is the Bolwar, a Grineer shield using the module of a shield Dargyn. 

And yes. This is absolutely Tenno-usable, with some caveats - 1), you don't get the missile version, 2), the shield is far smaller. Obviously, the actual Tenno-scale Bolwar (as seen here) is not a decommissioned Dargyn. That would be silly.

It comes with the stance Obliterating Chain, though it is also capable of using sword and shield stances. But these turn it into a simple mace and shield.

Artist notes:

...Well that happened. Three concepts? In one art piece? Yeesh. 

The Augis was the original idea behind the Bolwar and Graal when I first created them. I'd been watching iFlynn's youtube video about new weapons he'd like to see, and a tower shield and flail came up as one. So, inspired by the Mauler from Gears of War, I decided to make a new Grineer with the same explosive flail (because that was so cool) and a shield. Basing the tower shield on a Dargyn wasn't entirely intentional, but I liked the idea - especially when I thought it could lead to using the Dargyn's missiles against Tenno. I immediately started coming up with variants - I loved the idea of one of these that could shoot missiles.

The Roakh, however, was sort of an afterthought. I'd been thinking about a Grineer that could crawl on ceilings, and one that could use the turret on the Augis' back. I was of the opinion that there wasn't enough in either enemy to serve as individuals, so I merged them! The Giant Roakh is about as close as you can get to my original ceiling-crawling idea.

This should feel like fighting a miniboss. It should inspire the feelings of dread I had back when Noxes laughed at my shields and I was too stupid to add in armor on my Frost. But it should also feel rewarding! Which is why they drop blueprints for the Bolwar and Graal, and also have a chance to drop Neurodes, Neural Sensors, or (more rarely) Orokin Cells. And why the Bolwar and Graal blueprint is pretty expensive. You could make a lot of money selling them for spare creds...

To prove this isn't my personal villain sue, I've listed some tactics for dealing with an Augis and/or Roakh:

1. Get more air - the Augis' shield doesn't cover every part of it, shooting straight down while in midair should help.
2. Attack while they're using Jumpkit - they leave a lot of open space on their body while they do this.
3. Aim for feet: Again, the shield doesn't cover everything.
4. Get behind them: ...self-explanatory, really.
5. Cold Damage: Slow them down enough to take advantage of #2 and #4.

As for Dogu, the friendly retired Augis? Well, he was also a bit of an afterthought. I realized that it would be strangely easy to make something this massive look lovable, so I decided that would be Dogu. Who, as befitting his name, sells pottery.

Heh, the way you've done the intro reminds me of my Newmen piece for Doctor Tengus.

Hm. . . hm. . . not bad. I'd considered container-lurking proxies before, but never actually anything to do with the vents and ducts we find ourselves leaping through. For some reason, I picture them having the vocalizations of the boombats of Oddworld: Stranger's Wraith, short unbroken bursts of nonsense. The turret concept further reminds me of two characters from there, Meagly McGraw and Tiny.

The use of dargynic shielding for you mounds-of-beef boom-troopers is a spectacular piece! An intermingleing of the "clever tricks" of the Grineer and their need to slap everything together from what they have.

Already moved on to Infested versions have we? Ambitious, but by no means crazy.

6 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, the way you've done the intro reminds me of my Newmen piece for Doctor Tengus.

...Huh. Does it now? I actually patterned it more after Tyl Regor making something like the Ambulas video, except he's making a Vay Hek-esque proposal to the Queens for new units.

6 hours ago, Unus said:

The use of dargynic shielding for you mounds-of-beef boom-troopers is a spectacular piece! An intermingleing of the "clever tricks" of the Grineer and their need to slap everything together from what they have.

Thank you so much! I'm especially interested in the ones that can shoot missiles. It was sort of an accident, really - I was trying to find Grineer shapes I could use as inspiration for a tower shield, I used the Dargyn, and thought "Hey, why not?" Then that just opened up... a lot of possibilities. Oh yes.

And I didn't consider them hiding in containers, but that actually makes a lot of sense! They're pretty heavily inspired by... well, I was thinking about how the Kuva Jesters riding on Kuva Guardians reminded me of the midgets riding on Goliaths in Borderlands 2. And then I thought "Hey, why not make a Warframe-ish version of that?"

7 hours ago, Unus said:

Already moved on to Infested versions have we? Ambitious, but by no means crazy.

Funny enough, the original idea behind making Infested versions was just "If this somehow gets infested, the whip will merge with the hand. This is just common sense."

2 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

...Huh. Does it now? I actually patterned it more after Tyl Regor making something like the Ambulas video, except he's making a Vay Hek-esque proposal to the Queens for new units.

Thank you so much! I'm especially interested in the ones that can shoot missiles. It was sort of an accident, really - I was trying to find Grineer shapes I could use as inspiration for a tower shield, I used the Dargyn, and thought "Hey, why not?" Then that just opened up... a lot of possibilities. Oh yes.

And I didn't consider them hiding in containers, but that actually makes a lot of sense! They're pretty heavily inspired by... well, I was thinking about how the Kuva Jesters riding on Kuva Guardians reminded me of the midgets riding on Goliaths in Borderlands 2. And then I thought "Hey, why not make a Warframe-ish version of that?"

Funny enough, the original idea behind making Infested versions was just "If this somehow gets infested, the whip will merge with the hand. This is just common sense."

OH, no, no, it has it's own voice, it's just the whole "in-world villain exposes a new wonder of his culture's world" aesthetic. I don't know if you've seen what I'm dithering about before, so, apologies.

Heh, it's always those fun little accidents that open doorways to whole new worlds of excitement eh? Happened to me "recently" with the casual observance of an umbrella in sunlight. 

Fair, sbeen ages since I've been to the borderverse, despite having spent quite awhile there at one point with my old team, ho, those were the days. . .

Simple continuity, makeing do with what it has at a bare-minimum resource expenditure. How very, well, natural!

Corpus 'Avestrucera' shotgun
corpus__avestrucera__shotgun_by_haruaxem
"Set traps or cleave through waves of enemies with this Corpus pump-action shotgun."

"Hello, Tenno! Good to see you again. You know, things have been getting rather... heated... in the system, wouldn't you say? So I've decided to find a nice, quiet place where I can settle down, help a bit... become a pillar of the community, so to speak!"

"..."

"Don't give me... whatever look you're trying to give! It's all above-board! I do some jobs for them, patch up their robotics, outprogram the Infested, and make things like this for them. I make money, they make more money, the system has more neurodes, tubercles, organs, and what have you, fewer people get Infested, it's win-win for everyone!"

primary fire: Bouncing Bolas - fires an energy bolas with virtually unlimited enemy punch-through, which bounces off of hard surfaces such as walls, ceilings, and floors.
anchored bolas: fires a bolas (with slight arc) that anchors to whatever it hits, and spins, doing damage to anything within its radius. (Whatever it hits is also damaged. Of course it is)

Trigger: Semi-auto (Note: In warframe terminology, this just means one shot per trigger pull. It's actually pump action)
Damage types: Impact, Slash, and Radiation damage.

Built from decommissioned Detrons, Luxor Foundry-made Bratons, Amprexes, and other Corpus devices, the Avestrucera is a Corpus energy shotgun that fires radiation bolases. These bolases (which are focused between two polarizers) either spin in midair, cutting through hordes of Infested, Grineer, or Corpus, or anchor to the floor, turning a section of floor into a buzzsaw.

And yes, it is pump-action - the pump helps engage a cooling mechanism that uses Cryotic. And it's incredibly intimidating.

It was created by Alad V after the Tenno, for reasons only they could comprehend, saved him from being Infested. Alad sought to use his knowledge for something productive, and as such, he created this. Much to his surprise, the Mycona quickly snapped up his early Detron carbines, and displayed a voracious demand for him to change. And as such, the Avestrucera (Named after an ancient weapon from Old Earth history) was born. Among Mycona, homesteaders, colonists, and Infested exterminators it's earned a reputation as one of the great anti-Infested shotguns of the Origin System. After all, if it was good enough for people who lived among Infested, how could it not be good enough for the common folk of the system?

It can be built as a crit-focused, status-focused, or crit-status focused build. Fun fact, mods that reduce accuracy also increase the width of the bolases. They do, after all, increase spread...

Personally, we suggest a build that uses one combined element, Cold damage. Because with the anchored bolas function, that'll be hilarious.

Artist notes: 

I really pushed myself working to color this! I learned a lot about texturing, I worked to color in almost everything, and I used at least one actual texture from the Braton. (Guess where it is! :P 

I've toyed with the idea of a Corpus bolas shotgun before, but I like this one on account of it looking much cooler. I drew it to look like it was thrown together from random parts, with a Detron forming the rear section, parts from an Amprex, and... something inspired by Studio Qube's concept art (I have no idea what it is) forming the muzzle. Silhouette-wise, this is inspired by the Six12 shotgun. Because of the way the Six12 looks, I just found something funny about the idea of the Detron forming the rear receiver of something like that.

And yes, if you know what the Six12 looks like, then you know that there's a completely logical reason for my shotgun to look like this. =D
Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

58 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

...oh FOK, I LOVE IT

That, my friend, is the Fuselok! Except I thought (in my humble opinion) that it didn't look grineer enough. Easiest way to fix that was add pipes and more bulbous shapes.

I have some plans for it in the future 😉 Don't worry, you and your beautiful library of war tools will be credited and linked :3

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

That, my friend, is the Fuselok! Except I thought (in my humble opinion) that it didn't look grineer enough. Easiest way to fix that was add pipes and more bulbous shapes.

I have some plans for it in the future 😉 Don't worry, you and your beautiful library of war tools will be credited and linked :3

You'd do that for me?!

Awww, I can't thank you enough!

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Also, I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but if there's any other designs I've made that you want to go over, feel free to ask for any advice if you're not sure of... well, if there's anything you're not sure of!

ALSO - and this goes out to you and @Unus - there's 2 more shotguns planned.

The next one is going to be a nightmare  to color.

On 2018-07-01 at 5:02 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:
corpus__avestrucera__shotgun_by_haruaxem
"Set traps or cleave through waves of enemies with this Corpus pump-action shotgun."

"Hello, Tenno! Good to see you again. You know, things have been getting rather... heated... in the system, wouldn't you say? So I've decided to find a nice, quiet place where I can settle down, help a bit... become a pillar of the community, so to speak!"

"..."

"Don't give me... whatever look you're trying to give! It's all above-board! I do some jobs for them, patch up their robotics, outprogram the Infested, and make things like this for them. I make money, they make more money, the system has more neurodes, tubercles, organs, and what have you, fewer people get Infested, it's win-win for everyone!"

primary fire: Bouncing Bolas - fires an energy bolas with virtually unlimited enemy punch-through, which bounces off of hard surfaces such as walls, ceilings, and floors.
anchored bolas: fires a bolas (with slight arc) that anchors to whatever it hits, and spins, doing damage to anything within its radius. (Whatever it hits is also damaged. Of course it is)

Trigger: Semi-auto (Note: In warframe terminology, this just means one shot per trigger pull. It's actually pump action)
Damage types: Impact, Slash, and Radiation damage.

Built from decommissioned Detrons, Luxor Foundry-made Bratons, Amprexes, and other Corpus devices, the Avestrucera is a Corpus energy shotgun that fires radiation bolases. These bolases (which are focused between two polarizers) either spin in midair, cutting through hordes of Infested, Grineer, or Corpus, or anchor to the floor, turning a section of floor into a buzzsaw.

And yes, it is pump-action - the pump helps engage a cooling mechanism that uses Cryotic. And it's incredibly intimidating.

It was created by Alad V after the Tenno, for reasons only they could comprehend, saved him from being Infested. Alad sought to use his knowledge for something productive, and as such, he created this. Much to his surprise, the Mycona quickly snapped up his early Detron carbines, and displayed a voracious demand for him to change. And as such, the Avestrucera (Named after an ancient weapon from Old Earth history) was born. Among Mycona, homesteaders, colonists, and Infested exterminators it's earned a reputation as one of the great anti-Infested shotguns of the Origin System. After all, if it was good enough for people who lived among Infested, how could it not be good enough for the common folk of the system?

It can be built as a crit-focused, status-focused, or crit-status focused build. Fun fact, mods that reduce accuracy also increase the width of the bolases. They do, after all, increase spread...

Personally, we suggest a build that uses one combined element, Cold damage. Because with the anchored bolas function, that'll be hilarious.

Artist notes: 

I really pushed myself working to color this! I learned a lot about texturing, I worked to color in almost everything, and I used at least one actual texture from the Braton. (Guess where it is! :P 

I've toyed with the idea of a Corpus bolas shotgun before, but I like this one on account of it looking much cooler. I drew it to look like it was thrown together from random parts, with a Detron forming the rear section, parts from an Amprex, and... something inspired by Studio Qube's concept art (I have no idea what it is) forming the muzzle. Silhouette-wise, this is inspired by the Six12 shotgun. Because of the way the Six12 looks, I just found something funny about the idea of the Detron forming the rear receiver of something like that.

And yes, if you know what the Six12 looks like, then you know that there's a completely logical reason for my shotgun to look like this. =D

(Goddem it, blasted reality getting in the way of commentary.)

AH, the Bolas aspect of it kinda reminds me of Dead Space's tesla gun technologies.

Studio Qube?

Also, congrats on the improvement in aesthetics! I can actually see the improvement in coloring over your first attempt (no offense to your first colored piece, it's just I see a direct upgrade that's hard not to notice, almost seems like a studio concept piece now that I look at it, reminding me of the Fallout art book I've skimmed through.)

Further aside, wow. . . just. . . wow. Your quite blessed with quite the artistic entourage Mr. Wolf! It says a lot about both your designs AND your content that so many folks are willing to donate to your collection with their own models of your creation. 

What was a rarity for me seems to be a staple for you!

Edited by Unus

13 hours ago, Unus said:

AH, the Bolas aspect of it kinda reminds me of Dead Space's tells gun technologies.

The main inspiration behind this! Figured it'd be fun to turn some of Deadspace 3's more oddball weapon builds against the Infested.

13 hours ago, Unus said:

Studio Qube?

They've done a few concepts for Warframe here and there. Examples being:

corp_shotgun_a.jpg

corp_guns_a.jpg

corp_lightning_a.jpg

13 hours ago, Unus said:

Also, congrats on the improvement in aesthetics! I can actually see the improvement in coloring over your first attempt (no offense to your first colored piece, it's just I see a direct upgrade that's hard not to notice, almost seems like a studio concept piece now that I look at it, reminding me of the Fallout art book I've skimmed through.)

Wait, really?! Oh my God, thank you! The key (if you ever decide to try this) is to use the Gradient function as heavily as possible. That's how I managed to get the metallic textures on this, the Tessera, and Bruin - which, honestly, I consider pretty much perfect. I also watched a youtube video or two on how to create decent textures - which was super helpful. Although I copypasted in part of the old Braton's handguard.

Also, if I'm on the subject of concept art I consider pretty much perfect, I feel like the Depezador Prime deserves a mention, if only because it's as close to this level of quality as I can get without photoshop. AND I used actual physical paint. 

untitled_drawing_by_haruaxeman-dbq8smk.p

That's hilarious.

13 hours ago, Unus said:

Further aside, wow. . . just. . . wow. Your quite blessed with quite the artistic entourage Mr. Wolf! It says a lot about both your designs AND your content that so many folks are willing to donate to your collection with their own models of your creation. 

And thanks again! I... don't know much about how it's worked out that way, but it seems like a good idea to roll with it. I don't know how it happens, but I appreciate all the feedback.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

The main inspiration behind this! Figured it'd be fun to turn some of Deadspace 3's more oddball weapon builds against the Infested.

They've done a few concepts for Warframe here and there. Examples being:

corp_shotgun_a.jpg

corp_guns_a.jpg

corp_lightning_a.jpg

Wait, really?! Oh my God, thank you! The key (if you ever decide to try this) is to use the Gradient function as heavily as possible. That's how I managed to get the metallic textures on this, the Tessera, and Bruin - which, honestly, I consider pretty much perfect. I also watched a youtube video or two on how to create decent textures - which was super helpful. Although I copypasted in part of the old Braton's handguard.

Also, if I'm on the subject of concept art I consider pretty much perfect, I feel like the Depezador Prime deserves a mention, if only because it's as close to this level of quality as I can get without photoshop. AND I used actual physical paint. 

untitled_drawing_by_haruaxeman-dbq8smk.p

That's hilarious.

And thanks again! I... don't know much about how it's worked out that way, but it seems like a good idea to roll with it. I don't know how it happens, but I appreciate all the feedback.

Makes sense. I don't like to do TO much direct reference to other franchises, but, some overlap is inevitable.

OH, huh, one of the official indie-art suppliers for Warframe eh? Bottom right of that middle one almost looks like a "tactical" version of the apparent upcoming zawguns, but, the bottom left thing? Havin a hard time seeing how the ell that one would work.

Oh. . . uh, huh, I. . . your welcome. I, I actually thought it was obvious.

As always suh, I can't actually do any sort of good sketching or artistic paintmenship, but, I have no doubt that'll come in handy for your audience and the artists lurking about in it.

Its the golden portions on the Dep that really stuck out qualitywise, with the realistic brassy goldish gradients you have in it.

I think, after two years of having worked here, it has something to do with the fact that you are an artist yourself. A sort of "your one of us!" mentality that makes it so easy for them to talk to you and interpret your designs. A writer talking to an artist requires some language translation to cross the gap, but, with you? Easy to parse, ESPECIALLY since much of your work is already out in the open.

Well, I did it again, fluffy. Sorry for spamming my art on your thread, but again, it's your original designs!

Thrombocyst.png?width=1845&height=1133

Once, I came to you with the Thrombolyst, with little to no idea of what it would look like. Then, you created a body for it, and it lived on for a short while longer.

But now, I have taken your design and emulated in my own style, and I am pleased to present to you the newly forged Thrombocyst!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Well, I did it again, fluffy. Sorry for spamming my art on your thread, but again, it's your original designs!

Once, I came to you with the Thrombolyst, with little to no idea of what it would look like. Then, you created a body for it, and it lived on for a short while longer.

But now, I have taken your design and emulated in my own style, and I am pleased to present to you the newly forged Thrombocyst!

Fascinating. From a distance, I almost mistook it for a Mark 2 Lancer, but, closer inspection did away with any and all such illusions. Good job.

Reminds me a bit of the rebuilt Phoroid model they showed us a fair ways back.

3 minutes ago, Unus said:

Fascinating. From a distance, I almost mistook it for a Mark 2 Lancer, but, closer inspection did away with any and all such illusions. Good job.

Reminds me a bit of the rebuilt Phoroid model they showed us a fair ways back.

Hopefully Soon(tm)
*shifty eyes*

22 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Don't even trip, dawg! I love it! You really made it work, man.

EDIT: SOON™:

LUQ9HQN.jpg

Don't even trip, dawg! I love it! You really made it work, man.

EDIT: SOON™:

LUQ9HQN.jpg

Is that Brink's Hjamerdin shotgun? That was a fun inspirational piece for me!

Yeah, you know it dawg!

Always enjoyed that game's soundtrack. Subpar gun stats/balance and single playmode, but, excellant soundtrack. Only reason I got anywhere was BECAUSE of the Hjamer.

4 hours ago, Unus said:

Always enjoyed that game's soundtrack. Subpar gun stats/balance and single playmode, but, excellant soundtrack. Only reason I got anywhere was BECAUSE of the Hjamer.

Great visual style, great music, loved the character designs. But man, the stats were weird.

FUN FACT: The Garnlok was heavily inspired by the Gerund. 

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Great visual style, great music, loved the character designs. But man, the stats were weird.

FUN FACT: The Garnlok was heavily inspired by the Gerund. 

Indeed! Everything felt like it fired plinking rounds cobbled together in a North Korean sweatshop, could hardly kill a thing.

Really? Huh, I hardly noticed that one. 

10 hours ago, Unus said:

Indeed! Everything felt like it fired plinking rounds cobbled together in a North Korean sweatshop, could hardly kill a thing.

Almost nothing I used felt powerful.... *grumbles*

brink-nerf2.jpg

Yeah, I liked the way it had a rail above the receiver - it looked like there was, like... a  tiny receiver within the receiver.

grineer__garnlok__rifle_by_haruaxeman-dc

And I took inspiration from the assault rifle from FEAR 1, cause I figured that'd make a cool silhouette.

Tenno 'Quadrille' shotgun

tenno__quadrille__shotgun_by_haruaxeman-

"Drum a rapid beat with the Quadrille's burst system, or give slower, measured hits with semiautomatic shots."
Primary Fire: Semiauto - fires 1 round per trigger pull. Crit-based. (28% Crit chance, 15% status, 2.3x crit multiplier)
Secondary Fire: Burst - Fires entire magazine tube. Status-based, but with horrible inaccuracy. It rivals the Tigris Prime at point-blank, but at the cost of terrible recoil and high damage falloff.  (32% status chance, 15% crit chance, 2.3x crit multiplier) Much like the Pandero, this cannot be aimed. But it is a lot of damage!

Unique Traits: 

• Manual Rotation - You have to manually rotate the 16-round magazine every 25% of total magazine expenditure. This takes noticeably longer than pumping the Corinth. Especially after using secondary fire.
  • Increasing Burst - Similar to the Pandero and Angstrum, adding magazine capacity mods increases the number of rounds per burst. For example, if you have a mod that increases magazine size by 25% (...I realize this probably isn't how it works, but just go with it) then 1 round is added to each four-round tube. And thus you have a five-round burst per tube, 4 times over.

Magazine capacity: 16 (4 per tube)

The Quadrille is Octavia's signature shotgun, a 16-round semiauto/burst weapon. It's a shotgunlike adaptation of the Pandero, using similar systems to either fire quick, measured semiauto shots, or barely controllable bursts. It feeds from a revolver-like arrangement of four tube magazines, which have to be hand-revolved whenever a tube (which contains 4 rounds before mods) is spent. As mentioned earlier, each tube is divided into 25% of the magazine - a 16 round mag equals four shots before you have to hand revolve it.

It serves as something of a hybrid of semiauto and pump-action. It's semiauto... until it has to be manually worked like a pump-action. In a unique departure from Orokin sensibilities, most of its structure (aside from the barrel, of course) is actually made from a Corpus-forged spaceship-grade aluminum alloy.

The Quadrille was built as part of a somewhat friendly competition between two Archimedian forgemasters (specifically, this one was made by the creator of the Tenora, competing with the maker of the Soma) attempting to recreate autoshotguns from historical records scavenged from ancient satellites that dated back to Earth's distant past. Due to a combination of the Orokin deleting records, and simple age, neither of them entirely knew how said shotguns worked, so they had to make a lot of (questionably) logical guesses. As was true for most Orokin weapons.

Its build flexibility is both its greatest strength and weakness. You 
could go for a high magazine-capacity, high-status build... but that would require sacrificing at least one crit chance mod. You could go for a crit-status build with 100% status, but that doesn't leave an overabundance of freedom for what I consider quality-of-life mods. Plus, you wouldn't be able to add in Hunter Munitions. And that's terrible. 

Really, every build has to sacrifice something. This is probably true for most guns in Warframe, but it's 
super true for the Quadrille. 

author notes
Holy BALLS, this took a long time to color. I had to teach myself how to texture, (twice!) do a lot of manual stuff, create a bunch of gradients and then delete them...

Honestly, I think I just submitted it now because I was tired of editing this. As for why it's mostly aluminum, well... most of the metallic textures I used for this were based on an aluminum texture I took from a google search, and I was too lazy to look for anything different. Coloring is hard.

The "historical record" used was actually Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Deus Ex: Human Revolution was also found, but the Archimedians couldn't agree on which one was better. (Personally, I think I liked Human Revolution more. Though I also consider the Devastator a much more fun shotgun than the base model.) 

As for what I said about the Archimedians not knowing how the shotguns the built worked, that's something of a headcanon of mine - the Orokin were so advanced they forgot about conventional ballistic weapons at the time they were forced to adopt them. I suspect that they had to use all their advanced technology to reinvent the wheel - like a research lab from modern day earth that somehow knows nothing about gunsmithing, using all the advanced resources at their disposal to create a matchlock. The Grineer, however, inherited this, so they’ve also had to reinvent, re-engineer, and add their own new innovations to the wheel. 

Also, before I forget to mention it, this shotgun is heavily inspired by the SRM1216 shotgun, to the point of this thing being near-identical. Except, as far as I know, the SRM1216 doesn't have a burst function. A fully-automatic SRM1216 does exist, but that would totally invalidate how this works. Because this was made by Orokin, and Orokin are naturally obsessed with A E S T H E T I C, there's a number of revolver-like elements around the mag, including a loading gate. I don't think that would work on a real-life SRM1216, or that there is any way I could make that work gameplay-wise, but it would be cool. 

As (heavily) inspired by Sean Bigham's Pandero and Tenora concept art.