Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - ENTRATI ๐˜—๐˜“๐˜ˆ๐˜š๐˜”๐˜ˆ ๐˜๐˜“๐˜ˆ๐˜”๐˜Œ๐˜›๐˜๐˜™๐˜–๐˜ž๐˜Œ๐˜™ ๐˜—๐˜๐˜š๐˜›๐˜–๐˜“)

7 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

The weapon is interesting, reminds me of the * defense * weapon from Dino Crisis 2.

latest?cb=20160916053057

Huh. I've never seen that before.

It's actually got more in common with this thing, the PLASMA BURNER!ย 

200px-Plasma_Burner.JPG

PlasmaBurnerA_1024x1024.jpg?v=1584746448

ย 

I'm not sure what'd make it feel that different from a flamethrower if you used it, but... it's a flamethrower! That uses plasma! And that's cool.

• Like 2

YARB

Yetย Anotherย Revolverย Buff:

ย 

In other news, all my revolvers are getting another round of buffs because Pandero Prime now does 104 damage. Except the Estampida - it's fine in its own way as something that does slightly more damage than the Lex Prime on body shots, and outdamages virtuallyย everyย pistol on headshots. Same for the Hiro.ย  Plus, having those two allows me to have a ceiling of sorts for how powerful I want this thread's pistols to be.

(With the exception of stuff that's intended more as launchers, like that one grineer flare revolver, the Vos Plasmoid, and an upcoming Entrati revolver)

I'm not making Primed versions of all of these (What, am I gonna make Depezador Umbra and thus contribute to power creep? Also, how would an Umbra gun ever w... ohhhhh, sweet mother of power creep, that would not end well. )

Depezador Prime Officer's Revolver

ย ย Damage of primary fire buffed from 69 (nice) to 96.
Critical Chance of primary fireย moved up to 32%
Status chance of primary fire moved up to 16%

Why:ย The original idea behind this thing's stats was for it to do slightly less damage than the Pandero because it held one more round - and for it to outdamage the Pandero after a single headshot. I'm still scared of applying all its crit nonsense to shotgun mode, so we're not doing that.

Even if it's a shotgun, it only holds one shot, and you need headshots to shoot it more than once per mag,ย a weapon with 704 damage and the potential to have 7.2x crit would be aย terrible idea.ย One thing I've always believed while balancing is that while everybody thinks they want a gun that can one-shot everything and doesn't require you to aim, they really don't.

This is why so much of my stuff requires a little more work to aim, more emphasis on headshots, (the Largo is literally the only one without a headshot gimmick)ย and a little extra flexibility.

On 2020-11-06 at 7:07 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

DEPEZADOR PRIME 2020 REMASTER

ย 

tenno__depezador_prime__revolver__2020_r

โ€œThis baroque, engraved top-break revolver fires laser-sliced slugs from its primary barrel, and uses Entrati siphon technology to load a central shotgun barrel with cryotic-infused buckshot. Land headshots with this weapon to activate altfire, and increase the critical multiplier.

ย It was originally a reward for honorable service, but you decide the honors now.โ€
--Codex

Special Traits:ย 
Headhunterย - increases critical damage by 18% on each successive headshot, removing one stack of the bonus on misses.
Cryotic Buckshot:ย Central shotgun barrel has a chance to deal cold damageย regardlessย of the elemental build.

STATS

Trigger:ย Semi
Magazine Size:ย 9 (+1 shotgun)
Fire Rate: 4.4 rounds per second
Reload: 2.0s
Combo Decay:ย 3.0s
Accuracy Recovery: 0.4s

Primary Fire
Damage:ย 69ย (nice)ย  --->ย 96
ย  ย ย slash: 40 --> 60
ย  ย ย puncture: 11 --> 14
ย  ย ย impact: 18 --> 22ย 
Critical Chance: 32%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance: 12 ---> 16%
Punch-Through:ย 0.5m

Special Traits
Adds +18% critical damage on headshots up to 5 times.

Secondary Fire:ย 
Damage:ย 704
ย  ย ย Cold:ย 451
ย  ย ย Impact:ย 176
ย ย ย ย Puncture:ย 77
Pellets: 11
Magazine Size:ย 1
Fire Rate: N/A
Status Chance: 9.2%
Critical Chance:ย 11%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
Punch-Through: 1.0m

special traits:ย ย Cryotic Buckshot - each pellet has a 9.2% chance to proc cold damage
ย 
Will post the two inspirations behind a lot of the rework later!

Naga Gas-Seal Revolver

Damage buffed from 81 to 117.
Critical Chance buffed from 26 to 28

That's it.ย 
Why:ย The Naga was always intended to do 12.5% more damage than the Pandero. No, really.ย ย Plus, it was getting weirder and weirder for me to believe a weapon so intended as a scoped precision weapon would do relatively little damage compared to higher-tier handguns in this game, so... buff time. The slightly increased critical multiplier and low-average status chance areย staying where they are to make sure this feels distinct from the Pandero.ย 

ย 

On 2019-05-02 at 9:16 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Naga' Gas-Seal Revolver

tenno__naga__hunting_revolver_by_haruaxe

โ€œPrey on their fear, move like an animal, and feel the kill with theย gas-seal Naga revolver. Pace your fire rate for precise, silent shots, or fire rapidly to clear entire rooms.

ย 

STATS

Damageย - 81 -->ย 117ย 
ย  ย ย ย  ย ย Puncture -ย 41 ---> 60ย 
ย  ย ย ย  ย  Slash -ย 27 --> 38
ย  ย ย ย  ย  Impact -ย 13 --> 19

Crit Chance -ย 26% --> 28%
Crit multiplierย - 2.8x
Status Chance -ย 14%
Capacity -ย 7
Reload Time -ย 2s
Fire Rate -ย 6.0
Trigger -ย Semi

special mechanics

Integral Suppressorย - Waiting 0.8 seconds between shots will silence the next shot fired. This is represented by a charge-likeย icon within the reticle.
ย  ย (NOTE: This is not affected by Lethal Torrent. It just didnโ€™t work. More on that later in artist notes)

Headshot Bonus: +10% headshot damage (in addition to the 2x headshot multiplier)ย when unscoped.
Hunterโ€™s Gripย - Turns you invisible on stealth kills.
Hunterโ€™s Scope -ย Scope in by pressing altfire! This adds +40% headshot damage.

Makina Revolver

ย ย God, this thing is a nightmare to balance.
Screw it, base damage to 87ย or something I guess.ย  I... I really, truly, genuinelyย do not knowย how to balance this thing. Critical Chance has been reduced to 26% because... 30-40? Eeeugh.

On 2019-10-12 at 5:53 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno โ€˜Makinaโ€™ Revolver

tenno__makina__revolver_by_haruaxeman_dd

"This sleek, streamlined Tenno revolver cuts through crowds with ease, causing massive explosions on headshots.โ€

stats
Trigger:ย 
Semi

Magazine:ย 7
Damage: 70 --->ย 87
25ย Radiation -->ย ย 31ย Radiation
20 Impact -->ย 22 Impact
16 Puncture
9 Slash ---> 18 Slash
Fire Rate: 9.2
Criticalย Chance: 26%
Critical Multiplier:ย 2.2x
Status Chance:ย 38%
Blast Radius: 3.2m
Reload Time:ย 2s

Special Traits:ย 
Brainstormer:ย On headshots, releases 275 radiation damage in a 3.2m radial explosion.ย 

Area Attacks
Damage: 275 Radiation
Criticalย Chance: 10%
Critical Multiplier:ย 3.0x
Status Chance:ย 40%
Blast Radius: 3.2m

ย 

Callan Revolver

ย ย Damage buffed to 99

Why:ย Since this thing has the potential to cause 3 status effects on headshots (the Makina can do four!) I felt like something more subdued was in order. Status was buffed to 41% to make the status gimmick more... valuable.

On 2020-08-10 at 3:23 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno/Sentient 'Callan' Revolver

tenno_sentient__callan__revolver_by_fluf

โ€œA simplified derivative of the Magnus, chambered for rifle rounds by renowned Tenno gunsmiths Deschain and Haruka Lorne. This Tenno revolver uses Sentient substrate to analyze a targetโ€™s weaknesses and set up for the perfect headshot. It was a common sight during the Tenno Great Hunt.โ€ย 

ย 

Special Traits

Headseekerย - Body shots increase damage by 15% (up to 45%) on headshots. Does guaranteed status procs on headshots regardless of build.
Chromatic Rounds: Changes damage type based on energy color.

ย 

ย 

STATS

Trigger: Semi
Noise: Alarming
Magazine Size: 8
Fire Rate: 3.0s
Reload: 2.8s
Damage: 88 --->
Impact: 39 --> 42
Slash 22 -->ย 28
Puncture 5 --> 7

22 Electric (Dependent on energy color)
Critical Chance: 20%
Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
Status Chance: 37% --.> 41%

Largo Explosive Pistol

I'm still not sure if I should do anything with the Largo, but... all these improvements, and this was meant to be in sort of a space between revolvers and stuff like the Lex Prime, and kitguns, and 92 isn't quiteย the right place, so I guess I'm committed to this:
Damage buffed from 92 to 100
Critical Chance increased to 38%

Tenno 'Largo' Pistol

largo_pistol_uploadable_by_fluffywolf36_

โ€œThis Tenno pistol was devised as a simplified Lex, meant to have a lower bore axis and thus less recoil. Unfortunately, this forced them to chamber it for lower-caliber rounds.

Fortunately, said rounds are explosive.โ€

Stats

STANDARD
Fire Rate: 4.6s
Magazine Size: 10+1
Reload: 2.5s
Total Damage: 100

IMPACT:
Damage: 46 --> 50
15 Slash --> 17 Slash
20 Impact --> 22 Impact
11 Puncture
Critical Chance: 38%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4
Status Chance: 18%

RADIAL
Damage: 46 --> 50
15 Slash --> 17 Slash
20 Heat --> 22 Heat
11 Impact
Critical Chance: 38%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4
Status Chance: 18%
Blast Radius: 1.8m

I'm not actually sure what, if anything, I should do with the Bellatrix. It's close to revolver power levels but not quite there, and - as I had hoped - there's a gulf between its stopping power and that of the average revolver. And that's okay.

I'm actually really happy about this buff because it opens up a lot of breathing room for other possible semiauto pistols for me to do. Plus, it was getting kindaย weirdย having all my favorite semiautoย handguns (with some outliers) in the range of 60s to 90 or so.ย 

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1
  • (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 changed the title to Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - ENTRATI ๐˜—๐˜“๐˜ˆ๐˜š๐˜”๐˜ˆ ๐˜๐˜“๐˜ˆ๐˜”๐˜Œ๐˜›๐˜๐˜™๐˜–๐˜ž๐˜Œ๐˜™ ๐˜—๐˜๐˜š๐˜›๐˜–๐˜“)
On 2021-02-15 at 1:54 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

The next weapon is still gonna be... well. It's not gonna be what I'm describing below. But y'see, I've been on a bit of a 40k kick today, learning about the fact that there's actually a planet in the eye of terror that's a single morbidly obese man, and so I had this sentence rolling around in my head for awhile today:

โ€œI donโ€™t know how - but he says itโ€™s from the Cursed Moon."

So now I gotta find out just what the Cursed Moon is. (I'm thinking either Halimede or Pasiphae.) And what the weapon is. And what it does. For some reason, I have a gigeresque aesthetic in mind....

ย 

ย 

So remember that post? Well, I decided to make a drawing of the Cursed Moon. Because I gotta do what any non-self-respecting fanartist does: pretend their artwork is "totally original" and sell it for money.

filename_by_fluffywolf36_def6alq-pre.jpg

I'm looking at you, E.L James.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Teoarrk said:

The Brother Moons want to know your location.

ย 

Yes. Yes it is. :P I actually love the shape of the Marker lol

1 minute ago, Teoarrk said:

Seriously though, good work. I have real trouble with curves so I'm impressed.

Thanks so much! The real issue here, i think, is perspective - I'm doing a weird sort of vertical two-point perspective and trying to make the perspective curve a bit to simulate vertigo, so that's gonna be difficult.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I actually love the shape of the Marker

It's got such a captivating shape and probably one of the best examples of a compelling 'this object steals souls' I've ever seen in a game.

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I'm doing a weird sort of vertical two-point perspective and trying to make the perspective curve a bit to simulate vertigo

I see what you mean. I wish you luck. I can only imagine that when you include shading and colour it'll become easier to really grasp that vertigo as well as how things are standing.ย  The basework is solid though so it won't require much,

Edited by Teoarrk
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

It's got such a captivating shape and probably one of the best examples of a compelling 'this object steals souls' I've ever seen in a game.

40 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

It's like The Monolith combined with the aesthetic of H.R Giger. I love that =D

25 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

I see what you mean. I wish you luck. I can only imagine that when you include shading and colour it'll become easier to really grasp that vertigo as well as how things are standing.ย  The basework is solid though so it won't require much,

Normally this stuff is in black and white, although...........

• Like 1

The flamethrower is also somewhat reminiscent of these prototype weapons as the bullets are all in a row.

ย 

Reloading would probably eject the entire thing from this 12-24-36 barrel magazine box, Warframe could crash during the firing sequence, Only 2 magazines to reload, but fun!