Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Cursed Moon 'Geiger' Beam SMG

“A prized possession of many a zit-popper of the Origin System, the Geiger fires a directed beam of cross-spectrum radiation that cooks flesh, crumples ferrite, and causes a localized rad-storm at the point of impact.”

--Codex

cursed_moon__geiger__beam_smg_by_fluffyw

Lore

Special Traits:

Rad Storm - Causes electric damage to arc (once) to nearby enemies on impact. Creates electric damage explosions on kills.
25% Bonus headshot damage

Despite popular parlance, the Geiger is not exactly a laser - the common term for most beam weaponry. Instead, it saturates enemies with a beam exotic radiation, blackening and melting flesh upon impact, destroying complex components in Corpus Proxies, and corroding armor.

At the point of impact, it creates a small, localized rad storm, electrocuting enemies. This is expressed as arcs of electricity, not unlike those created by an Amprex.

While certain foes of the Origin System are not exactly weak to electricity, there’s few situations that a Geiger can’t solve. In fact, its anti-armor and crowd control properties make it widely beloved among those few zit-poppers (Non-Tenno trusted with cleaning out Infested) who own them. It scours out Infested on a molecular level, it has greater range than the Corpus ‘Klystron’ beam, and it can functionally arc to nearby enemies like an Amprex. 

This is to say nothing of its capabilities against Grineer and Corpus - it melts ferrite armor, it can force Corpus drones away from their masters, it can slag valuable machinery, and a properly aimed beam can hit enemies behind cover.

It’s uncertain just what role the Cursed Moon’s military needed this weapon to fill. Many claim it was part of an abortive anti-Corpus push that was stalled due to the moon being destroyed in a catastrophe, while others claim it was designed to scour Infested in a manner similar to the Klystron or Ignis. 

Regardless, it may not truly excel at many things, but there’s few situations where you’ll regret having it.

The sheer destructive potential of this weapon at such close range raises numerous questions about the population of the Cursed Moon. 

A corroded Geiger was found in the hands of a humanoid figure with an elongated headin the Vassos-E1 Archeological zone - one of the few relatively stable areas of the Cursed Moon. Tenno Alliance archeologists determined the area to be some kind of research facility. 

Two discoveries were made.

The humanoid figure’s carapace was discovered to have abnormally high protection from radiation. Initial autopsy results suggested it to be a synthetic humanoid, but cross-referencing with findings from Site Clotho-A4 suggest it to be a type of removable biosuit that interfaces with the wearer through complex implants and neural shunts. Not dissimilar to the Infested Zealoid Prelate found on Deimos; or even a commonplace [REDACTED], as seen every day by Tenno Alliance personnel. Just less invasive.

One complex device was found on the suit’s wearer/pilot, a shunt leading from the elongated skull, into a bioplug connecting the suit to wearer/pilot, and featuring a tube leading directly to the wearer/pilot’s urinary tract. The running hypothesis is that somehow, the suit required the use of cerebrospinal fluid - which was then expelled through the urinary tract*.

The second discovery was a memo or speech found on a computer nearby. It reads:

There is a grand design something possesses for the Solar System: perhaps a millennia-long gambit by an Orokin long dead yet still dreaming, its fingers reaching into [DATA CORRUPTED]. We dig for our chances, and yet something thwarts us wherever possible - technology fails, the cults in the undercrofts howl for rebellion. It is as if the fabric of the System itself turns against us.

To those who lost everything in the collapse, this system is a hell beyond human comprehension. To us? Our allies among the Buyan remnants, wandering Bidanian theists, Oeizu, and Ostrons, [DATA CORRUPTED] the farmers and fishers of Ganymede, even the lamentable Celian Continuity, [DATA CORRUPTED] and Corpus?

Paradise.

I hear the stories from my grandfather about life under the Golden Fist. But I’ve also read military intelligence from Reshantur, watching boardmembers descend into petty tyrants. On the Grineer that spread across the Inner Planets like a plague armed with slugthrowers.

And for what we have now? I’d fight for it. Hell, I’d die for it.”

*I have no explanation for this. Just go with it.

—Dr Judau Torris

Stats

•  
  • Ammo Pool: Rifle
  • Trigger: Continuous
  • Fire Rate: 15
  • Reload: 2.6s
  • Magazine: 100
  • Damage: 26
    •  6 Slash
    • 8  Puncture
    • 12 Radiation
  • Critical Chance: 35%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.6x
  • Status Chance: 18%
  • Headshot Multiplier: 3.75x
  • Range Limit: 32m

Area attacks

• Damage: 13 Electric

Explosion 

• Damage: 300 Radiation**

Sound Notes:

Makes Geiger Counter noises as it’s fired.

Artist Notes

** Originally, this would’ve been heat damage but…. ehhh….

Anyway. I wasn’t originally planning on this - I have a couple other guns in the pipeline - but since H.R Giger is such a big influence on this stuff (or at least, stuff inspired by him is) I couldn’t resist. Then I was reading up on various bizarre weapon types from 40k such as Rad Weapons, and the visual pun was too good to resist. Plus, I just saw how @Neo3602 and a lot of other regular watchers love Cursed Moon guns. So I was like "Eh, why not"

I was originally going to post this yesterday, but somehow it didn’t feel “done”. Then I typed up all this lore while out on a walk, and here we are. It was originally inspired by me asking “Wait a minute. I made a close-range weapon this potentially deadly to the user?!” 

So I came up with this as a way to explain it.

There’s a lot of stuff even I don’t truly understand about what I wrote.

I could also have just given it a blast radius on beam, not unlike how the Glaxion Vandal or Primary Gaze work, but honestly, I wanted to do something different. And the idea of having lightning arc out of the point of impact was funny to me. Unlike the last few beams, it only chains to one enemy, so there’s a lot more emphasis on damaging a single enemy. All honesty, a lot of what this gun does is more based on creating a feeling of this dangerous, bizarre, alien (Posthuman, more accurately) weapon that’s just destroying enemies with ease and oversaturating them with radiation.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

“A prized possession of many a zit-popper of the Origin System, the Geiger fires a directed beam of cross-spectrum radiation that cooks flesh, crumples ferrite, and causes a localized rad-storm at the point of impact.”

--Codex

Lore

Special Traits:

Rad Storm - Causes electric damage to arc (once) to nearby enemies on impact. Creates electric damage explosions on kills.

Despite popular parlance, the Geiger is not exactly a laser - the common term for most beam weaponry. Instead, it saturates enemies with a beam exotic radiation, blackening and melting flesh upon impact, destroying complex components in Corpus Proxies, and corroding armor.

At the point of impact, it creates a small, localized rad storm, electrocuting enemies. This is expressed as arcs of electricity, not unlike those created by an Amprex.

While certain foes of the Origin System are not exactly weak to electricity, there’s few situations that a Geiger can’t solve. In fact, its anti-armor and crowd control properties make it widely beloved among those few zit-poppers (Non-Tenno trusted with cleaning out Infested) who own them. It scours out Infested on a molecular level, it has greater range than the Corpus ‘Klystron’ beam, and it can functionally arc to nearby enemies like an Amprex. 

This is to say nothing of its capabilities against Grineer and Corpus - it melts ferrite armor, it can force Corpus drones away from their masters, it can slag valuable machinery, and a properly aimed beam can hit enemies behind cover.

It’s uncertain just what role the Cursed Moon’s military needed this weapon to fill. Many claim it was part of an abortive anti-Corpus push that was stalled due to the moon being destroyed in a catastrophe, while others claim it was designed to scour Infested in a manner similar to the Klystron or Ignis. 

Regardless, it may not truly excel at many things, but there’s few situations where you’ll regret having it.

The sheer destructive potential of this weapon at such close range raises numerous questions about the population of the Cursed Moon. 

A corroded Geiger was found in the hands of a humanoid figure with an elongated headin the Vassos-E1 Archeological zone - one of the few relatively stable areas of the Cursed Moon. Tenno Alliance archeologists determined the area to be some kind of research facility. 

The humanoid figure’s carapace was discovered to have abnormally high protection from radiation. Initial autopsy results suggested it to be a synthetic humanoid, but cross-referencing with findings from Site Clotho-A4 suggest it to be a type of removable biosuit that interfaces with the wearer through complex implants and neural shunts. Not dissimilar to the Infested Zealoid Prelate found on Deimos; or even a commonplace [REDACTED], as seen every day by Tenno Alliance personnel. Just less invasive.

One complex device was found on the suit’s wearer/pilot, a shunt leading from the elongated skull, into a bioplug connecting the suit to wearer/pilot, and featuring a tube leading directly to the wearer/pilot’s urinary tract. The running hypothesis is that somehow, the suit required the use of cerebrospinal fluid - which was then expelled through the urinary tract*.

There is a grand design something possesses for the Solar System: perhaps a millennia-long gambit by an Orokin long dead yet still dreaming, its fingers reaching into [DATA CORRUPTED]. We dig for our chances, and yet something thwarts us wherever possible - technology fails, the cults in the undercrofts howl for rebellion. It is as if the fabric of the System itself turns against us.

To those who lost everything in the collapse, this system is a hell beyond human comprehension. To us? Our allies among the Buyan remnants, wandering Bidanian theists, Oeizu, and Ostrons, [DATA CORRUPTED] the farmers and fishers of Ganymede, even the lamentable Celian Continuity, [DATA CORRUPTED] and Corpus?

Paradise.

I hear the stories from my grandfather about life under the Golden Fist. But I’ve also read military intelligence from Reshantur, watching boardmembers descend into petty tyrants. On the Grineer that spread across the Inner Planets like a plague armed with slugthrowers.

—Dr Judau Torris

Stats

•  
    •  6 Slash
    • 8  Puncture
    • 12 Radiation
  • Headshot Multiplier: 2.25x

Area attacks

Explosion 

Sound Notes:

Artist Notes

Anyway. I wasn’t originally planning on this - I have a couple other guns in the pipeline - but since H.R Giger is such a big influence on this stuff (or at least, stuff inspired by him is) I couldn’t resist. Then I was reading up on various bizarre weapon types from 40k such as Rad Weapons, and the visual pun was too good to resist. Plus, I just saw how @Neo3602 and a lot of other regular watchers love Cursed Moon guns. So I was like "Eh, why not"

I was originally going to post this yesterday, but somehow it didn’t feel “done”. Then I typed up all this lore while out on a walk, and here we are. It was originally inspired by me asking “Wait a minute. I made a close-range weapon this potentially deadly to the user?!” 

I could also have just given it a blast radius on beam, not unlike how the Glaxion Vandal or Primary Gaze work, but honestly, I wanted to do something different. And the idea of having lightning arc out of the point of impact was funny to me. Unlike the last few beams, it only chains to one enemy, so there’s a lot more emphasis on damaging a single enemy. All honesty, a lot of what this gun does is more based on creating a feeling of this dangerous, bizarre, alien (Posthuman, more accurately) weapon that’s just destroying enemies with ease and oversaturating them with radiation.

I like this one, seems the cursed moon people liked their exotic energy weapons, I also like speech/memo found on the cursed moon.

55 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

I like this one, seems the cursed moon people liked their exotic energy weapons, I also like speech/memo found on the cursed moon.

Glad you do! I was worried I made it a bit too much of an oddball.

I try to make every faction I've made have a unique hat when it comes to how they do things. Dziewanna (I'll do another one from them soon. IDK when) has recharging ammo that can overheat, Ganymede looks (and maybe even feels) MODERN and TACTICAL but filtered through a head injury, and I guess the Cursed Moon's is bizarre (and weirdly sadistic) energy weaponry.

Course, there's other factions like the Entrati where it's genuinely kinda hard to feel like I have a solid grasp on what they do or how to come up with something new that fits the style.

(aesthetically)

On 2022-02-13 at 3:23 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I try to make every faction I've made have a unique hat when it comes to how they do things. Dziewanna (I'll do another one from them soon. IDK when) has recharging ammo that can overheat, Ganymede looks (and maybe even feels) MODERN and TACTICAL but filtered through a head injury, and I guess the Cursed Moon's is bizarre (and weirdly sadistic) energy weaponry.

Course, there's other factions like the Entrati where it's genuinely kinda hard to feel like I have a solid grasp on what they do or how to come up with something new that fits the style.

(aesthetically)

You do good work with all that, i can clearly tell which 'manufacturer' any of your weapons is made by. 

And for me original Entrati weapons feel like they took heavy machinery, proof of concept or prototypes made to shoot oversized bullets. And then added shiny Entrari finish and alternate firing modes those basic versions shouldn't be able to perform. Also applies to Necramech aesthetics... Don't get me wrong, those weapons are great and i use them a lot. 

On 2022-02-13 at 12:20 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I love that thing:-) Double pun on name and aesthetics, also strong alien vibes (Necron for me, dunno why) Gameplay wise it would be really fun:-) I'd also like to see heavy version connected by a tube to an ammo backpack. Lenz has a back pack that looks so good i removed all syandanas when i was on my Lenz period;-)

Keep up the good work. 

Edited by (PSN)Jacobivan
Thoughts about Entrati

9 hours ago, (PSN)Jacobivan said:

You do good work with all that, i can clearly tell which 'manufacturer' any of your weapons is made by. 

Thanks so much!

And for me original Entrati weapons feel like they took heavy machinery, proof of concept or prototypes made to shoot oversized bullets. And then added shiny Entrari finish and alternate firing modes those basic versions shouldn't be able to perform. Also applies to Necramech aesthetics... Don't get me wrong, those weapons are great and i use them a lot. 

This... will actually help a lot with the grenade launcher idea I had. It works with something I figured out from a lot of the grenade launcher sketches I was doing yesterday - I can't just make it look like a revolver grenade launcher, I have to make it feel just a little bit overbuilt for what it's doing. So maybe, instead of looking at revolver grenade launchers, I should make it look more like an automatic grenade launcher.

Then I'll give it a long reload, big mag, and terrible ammo reserves, cause those are pretty common for Entrati guns. Only thing I need to do now is come up with some kind of burial term to use for it. One of my tumblr followers suggested "mortorio," and that just feels a little too obvious somehow...

(I realize a lot of this is me thinking out loud, but thanks for like.... giving this idea some grounding so I don't second-guess myself.)

Double pun on name and aesthetics

Literally the entire reason I did this lmao. It's also a pun with the function and sounds - cause, well, it does radiation damage and it makes geiger counter squawks as you fire it. Glad you got a laugh out of the pun!

(TBH, a lot of the gun names here are puns. Especially the Naga.)

(Necron for me, dunno why)

I can answer that -

maxresdefault.jpg

it's probably the glowing green, mayyyybe also the axe-head shape of the muzzle. Though the muzzle actually has more to do with the Van Saar Rad Gun from necromunda.

I'd also like to see heavy version connected by a tube to an ammo backpack

I could make that an Archgun version, and make it so it overheats or something instead of reloading. And then like... a segmented tentacle crawls out of the gun, then locks onto the Frame's back.

Considering how much of this involves me looking at extant props or models from other games and transplanting them in (there's one that's just the Alternator from Titanfall 2, another one that looks a lot like a Chiappa Rhino) that is a huge relief.

Fun fact: Ganymede (which I should get back to later. I do have this electric SMG I never got to finish) is meant to feel all Modern and Tactical.... as filtered through a head injury.

• Like 1

status updort:

So, end of the week, I'm gonna be heading out to Utah. And because I'm a filthy console player, I'm gonna be away from WF for five weeks. Thankfully, I've got about three guns in the pipeline, one of which is from the Oeizu people (I've wanted to post about them for awhile but they kept getting pushed further and further down the line).

I also sketched this out today - it's yet another Tenno revolver (WOW)

It's gonna do something pretty funny.

untitled_revolver_mockup_by_fluffywolf36

• Like 2

On 2022-02-20 at 6:45 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

status updort:

So, end of the week, I'm gonna be heading out to Utah. And because I'm a filthy console player, I'm gonna be away from WF for five weeks. Thankfully, I've got about three guns in the pipeline, one of which is from the Oeizu people (I've wanted to post about them for awhile but they kept getting pushed further and further down the line).

I also sketched this out today - it's yet another Tenno revolver (WOW)

It's gonna do something pretty funny.

untitled_revolver_mockup_by_fluffywolf36

See ya in the future and enjoy your time “off the grid” suh! Vacations are always helpful in feeling creatively refreshed! Bonus points if it’s with the friends and/or family!

Such an elegantly elongated design, almost of a Star Warsian blaster bent to it’s styling.

4 hours ago, Unus said:

Such an elegantly elongated design, almost of a Star Warsian blaster bent to it’s styling.

As heavily inspired by a revolver version of Logan's Gun from, uh.... Logan's Run.

sandman-c-jpg.205734

Which does have major Star Wars energy. There was also a Russian bullpup top-break revolver that was a big inspiration.

• Like 1

Tenno 'Judicium Prime' Heavy Burst Pistol

“A custom build of the Lex Prime from Haruka Lorne, rebuilt for two-round burst and featuring necked-down ammunition that has more in common with rifle rounds than pistol rounds. While it doesn’t leave holes the same size as a Lex Prime, it boasts excellent critical stats and penetration.”

Special Traits: Tap Altfire for Increased Zoom!

df0mq0i-f32b37dd-60a9-447b-a73b-f43d5a3d

Lore:

One of numerous “wildcat builds” of the Lex Prime and its ilk. This was a fairly common practice among the Tenno. 

As the Lex series is arguably the most robust, most ancient semiauto pistol design used by the Origin System, it was often customized by Tenno in their dojos. For example, the Dynamo series originally started as a Lex-series, but was so radically reworked that very few original Lex parts remained by the time its Prime version was built.

There are many other examples of this design process in the Tenno arsenal. There’s Lex pistol lowers with one-shot rifle barrels welded on, extra slide serrations, various customized grips, a slide-cocking mechanism in front of the trigger guard that allows the wielder to manipulate the slide with one finger, and neural lace interfacing targeting devices.

Other modifications include rechambering for different ammunition, a ventilator rib, adding baseplates to the magazine for more ergonomic reloads, improved sights that don't require a neural lace, reworked into heavily compensated race guns with lower caliber, or reworked to fire in burst. Or in the case of the Judicium Prime, everything in that latter sentence.

It fires a longer, faster, lower-caliber round with higher penetration than the Lex Prime - not as powerful as that of even an unmodded Lex, but appreciable enough. And this is also in 2-round burst. The result is an offbeat combination of hand cannon and burst pistol, firing an extra round with greater hit and status probability…

…that unfortunately requires a little extra work than it would with other burstfire pistols. But to those Tenno who regularly use this custom build, the extra power is more than worth it.

During the increasingly common Infestation outbreaks in the late Orokin era and Collapse, it proved surprisingly useful against hordes of charging Infested. On human-sized targets, it’s easy to double tap an enemy in the chest then head… or just outright miss the head. Not so much for Infested - it’s extremely easy to land both rounds in one Charger, Boiler, or even Ancient, punching into the Infested face and whatever’s behind it.

When Entrati firearms became too difficult to source in acceptable numbers, this was an acceptable backup - lighter, simpler, more reliable, faster, and it fired high-speed rounds.

The biggest downside of this weapon, however, is its recoil. The best comparison in terms of recoil is likely the Sybaris Prime - extreme power, but the longer the range, the less likely you are to land both rounds on a head.

I don’t actually know how to describe recoil, least of all in this game.

STATS

•  
  • Trigger: Burst
  • Reload: 2s
  • Magazine: 12
  • Recoil: Medium?*
  • Damage: 128
    • 81 Puncture 
    • 27 Impact
    • 20 Slash
  • Burst Delay: 0.076
  • Burst Rate: 3**
  • Burst Count: 2
  • Critical Chance: 32%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
  • Headshot Multiplier: 3.6x
  • Status Chance: 24%
  • Punch-Through: 1m

* Recoil Notes: I don’t know how to express this, but… The recoil is such that you’re probably not landing both rounds in the same place, at least not at point blank range. Let’s say it’s sort of like the Sybaris Prime’s recoil. This outshines most of the other revolvers I’ve done in terms of status and bodyshot damage… but just aim for center of mass. You’ll probably hit a head. Just go play Aliens Fireteam and use an unmodded Twinhammer if you need an idea of what I’m going for here.

** I don’t know how to average out fire rate from burst delay, count, and rate. My bad.

The Estampida is still gonna hit far better on headshots, same for the Naga and Depezador. Plus, those just shoot one round (with really good headshot damage) so they’ll do more immediate headshot damage.

Artist Notes

This is meant to be difficult but satisfying. Because of the headshot damage and burstfire, you will not be able to hit super consistent headshots that one-hit everything.

I first decided to shoop this into existence after looking at Peacemaker’s pistol in, well… Peacemaker. Originally, this was just going to be a slightly adjusted Lex Prime, but the longer I went with that, the less I really felt like that made sense.  This is a game where we can have such bizarre pistols as the Hystrix, Sepulcrum, various pocket rocket launchers, shotgun pistols, automatic pistols, automatic shotgun pistols, and something like the Pandero that empties the entire magazine in one tap of the altfire key.

Making a weapon that felt like the Lex Prime but infinitesimally adjusted… I didn’t think I’d enjoy it. And because I use myself as a barometer for the average player this thread appeals to, I assume nobody else would. 

Which sounds silly, but think of it from my perspective - I don’t know who would take a pistol that looks and feels identical to a Lex Prime and say “this is a new favorite.”

So now it’s two-round burst. Because a burstfire Lex is interesting, at least. Part of me was like “but didn’t the Kraken do this?” but then I was all like “Ehhhh, who cares about the vanilla Kraken.”

In terms of performance, this takes a lot of inspiration from my Twinhammer build in Aliens Fireteam. It’s also probably weirdly similar to a single version of the Akjagara, which… is unexpected, but whatev! As mentioned in some of the footnotes, it was originally going to have 2.65x headshot damage, but this didn’t sound like a good idea.

The lore is also inspired by some of the stranger things I’ve seen people do with 1911s, along with the Automag III and that pistol from Terminator 1. I could do the thing with the trigger guard at some point, but… two issues with that. One, it wouldn’t be noticeable in third-person. Two, I’d probably need to do a lot of silly things to make it feel relevant, and I’ve probably done enough relatively normal semiautos fed through the pistol grip.

(I think I’m at about five by now…)

You think it’s hard for me to keep revolvers interesting? Yeesh! 

Next one is going to be Grineer, Infested, or Corpus. The thought occurs that I’ve been neglecting them for the sake of drawing Tenno guns and making my own factions with blackjack and hookers. Which is fair, drawing Tenno guns is fun AF, but everyone likes getting to use some enemy firearms.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Judicium Prime' Pistol

“A custom build of the Lex Prime from Haruka Lorne, rebuilt for two-round burst and featuring necked-down ammunition that has more in common with rifle rounds than pistol rounds. While it doesn’t leave holes the same size as a Lex Prime, it boasts excellent critical stats and penetration.”

Special Traits: Tap Altfire for Increased Zoom!

df0mq0i-f32b37dd-60a9-447b-a73b-f43d5a3d

Lore:

One of numerous “wildcat builds” of the Lex Prime and its ilk. This was a fairly common practice among the Tenno. 

As the Lex series is arguably the most robust, most ancient semiauto pistol design used by the Origin System, it was often customized by Tenno in their dojos. For example, the Dynamo series originally started as a Lex-series, but was so radically reworked that very few original Lex parts remained by the time its Prime version was built.

There are many other examples of this design process in the Tenno arsenal. There’s Lex pistol lowers with one-shot rifle barrels welded on, extra slide serrations, various customized grips, a slide-cocking mechanism in front of the trigger guard that allows the wielder to manipulate the slide with one finger, and neural lace interfacing targeting devices.

Other modifications include rechambering for different ammunition, a ventilator rib, adding baseplates to the magazine for more ergonomic reloads, improved sights that don't require a neural lace, reworked into heavily compensated race guns with lower caliber, or reworked to fire in burst. Or in the case of the Judicium Prime, everything in that latter sentence.

It fires a longer, faster, lower-caliber round with higher penetration than the Lex Prime - not as powerful as that of even an unmodded Lex, but appreciable enough. And this is also in 2-round burst. The result is an offbeat combination of hand cannon and burst pistol, firing an extra round with greater hit and status probability…

…that unfortunately requires a little extra work than it would with other burstfire pistols. But to those Tenno who regularly use this custom build, the extra power is more than worth it.

During the increasingly common Infestation outbreaks in the late Orokin era and Collapse, it proved surprisingly useful against hordes of charging Infested. On human-sized targets, it’s easy to double tap an enemy in the chest then head… or just outright miss the head. Not so much for Infested - it’s extremely easy to land both rounds in one Charger, Boiler, or even Ancient, punching into the Infested face and whatever’s behind it.

When Entrati firearms became too difficult to source in acceptable numbers, this was an acceptable backup - lighter, simpler, more reliable, faster, and it fired high-speed rounds.

The biggest downside of this weapon, however, is its recoil. The best comparison in terms of recoil is likely the Sybaris Prime - extreme power, but the longer the range, the less likely you are to land both rounds on a head.

I don’t actually know how to describe recoil, least of all in this game.

STATS

•  
  • Trigger: Semi
  • Reload: 2s
  • Magazine: 10
  • Recoil: Medium?*
  • Damage: 100
    • 69 Puncture (nice)
    • 19 Impact
    • 12 Slash
  • Burst Delay: 0.076
  • Burst Rate: 3**
  • Burst Count: 2
  • Critical Chance: 32%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.1x
  • Headshot Multiplier: 2.4x***
  • Status Chance: 20%
  • Punch-Through: 1m

* Recoil Notes: I don’t know how to express this, but… The recoil is such that you’re probably not landing both rounds in the same place, at least not at point blank range. Let’s say it’s sort of like the Sybaris Prime’s recoil. This outshines most of the other revolvers I’ve done in terms of status and bodyshot damage… but just aim for center of mass. You’ll probably hit a head. Just go play Aliens Fireteam and use an unmodded Twinhammer if you need an idea of what I’m going for here.

** I don’t know how to average out fire rate from burst delay, count, and rate. My bad.

*** Originally it was actually 2.65x, but that didn’t seem like a good idea…

The Estampida is still gonna hit far better on headshots, same for the Naga and Depezador. Plus, those just shoot one round (with really good headshot damage) so they’ll do more immediate headshot damage.

Artist Notes

This is meant to be difficult but satisfying. Because of the headshot damage and burstfire, you will not be able to hit super consistent headshots that one-hit everything.

I first decided to shoop this into existence after looking at Peacemaker’s pistol in, well… Peacemaker. Originally, this was just going to be a slightly adjusted Lex Prime, but the longer I went with that, the less I really felt like that made sense.  This is a game where we can have such bizarre pistols as the Hystrix, Sepulcrum, various pocket rocket launchers, shotgun pistols, automatic pistols, automatic shotgun pistols, and something like the Pandero that empties the entire magazine in one tap of the altfire key.

Making a weapon that felt like the Lex Prime but infinitesimally adjusted… I didn’t think I’d enjoy it. And because I use myself as a barometer for the average player this thread appeals to, I assume nobody else would. 

Which sounds silly, but think of it from my perspective - I don’t know who would take a pistol that looks and feels identical to a Lex Prime and say “this is a new favorite.”

So now it’s two-round burst. Because a burstfire Lex is interesting, at least. Part of me was like “but didn’t the Kraken do this?” but then I was all like “Ehhhh, who cares about the vanilla Kraken.”

In terms of performance, this takes a lot of inspiration from my Twinhammer build in Aliens Fireteam. It’s also probably weirdly similar to a single version of the Akjagara, which… is unexpected, but whatev! As mentioned in some of the footnotes, it was originally going to have 2.65x headshot damage, but this didn’t sound like a good idea.

The lore is also inspired by some of the stranger things I’ve seen people do with 1911s, along with the Automag III and that pistol from Terminator 1. I could do the thing with the trigger guard at some point, but… two issues with that. One, it wouldn’t be noticeable in third-person. Two, I’d probably need to do a lot of silly things to make it feel relevant, and I’ve probably done enough relatively normal semiautos fed through the pistol grip.

(I think I’m at about five by now…)

You think it’s hard for me to keep revolvers interesting? Yeesh! 

Next one is going to be Grineer, Infested, or Corpus. The thought occurs that I’ve been neglecting them for the sake of drawing Tenno guns and making my own factions with blackjack and hookers. Which is fair, drawing Tenno guns is fun AF, but everyone likes getting to use some enemy firearms.

Interesting, I like weapons that are modified versions of other weapons. I also like the references to the modification that different Tenno made to lex weapons.

One piece of lore for one of your weapons(I forget which one) was that it was made of the base version of some weapon that flooded the market after the Tenno got their hands on an upgraded variant of it. I found that kind of funny since that's likely what happens when ever a new prime is released and I wish it was referenced in game some how.

Also I wonder what percentage of weapons in the origin system are formerly Tenno owned and then got sold after their owner got bored of it or found something better?

2 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

One piece of lore for one of your weapons(I forget which one) was that it was made of the base version of some weapon that flooded the market after the Tenno got their hands on an upgraded variant of it.

I've done that twice! There was this infested version of the Rubico awhile back where I did that, and also one where I did that for an Obrez version of the Veldt. Though you're probably thinking the first one, since the one with the Veldt obrez is just "Lots of unused stocks."

17 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

I found that kind of funny since that's likely what happens when ever a new prime is released and I wish it was referenced in game some how.

I feel ya. 

One thing I feel like Destiny does far better is lean in to how the players act - having lots of old grimoire entries talking about all the dancing, how so many of them are nutcases, and sort of keeping their finger on the pulse of various playerbase memes. And it makes this all feel a bit more real. 

WF needs that, y'know? Just a sense that someone at DE understands us, and also some Tenno NPCs to lean into that.

4 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Interesting, I like weapons that are modified versions of other weapons. I also like the references to the modification that different Tenno made to lex weapons.

Glad you like the backstory!

Modified versions of other weapons truly is an untapped market in this game. Cause... look. I'm not that into gun culture (I do not own a gun. Though if I had to, I would prefer an Israeli one for maximum irony) but this was based on things I've seen people do with the basic 1911 frame, almost word-for-word. There's a few with double-stack 15 round mags, a bunch of models with really long slides. The extra slide serrations are also pretty common.

The finger-cocking thing... is sort of a debatable example, because it's not on any real life 1911 mods I know of, but I don't think there's any reason you couldn't do it.

SlMKSje.gif

There's even the Automag III, which looks very much like a 1911 and fires .30 carbine, the same issue fired by the M1 Carbine (not the Garand)

1200px-MY_AUTOMAG_III.JPG

The burstfire, though, that was inspired by this malfunction someone kept having where their 1911 would accidentally burstfire on the last 2 rounds. So I just rolled with it.

Also, the one-shot version is real too! Probably not gonna do it cause I don't see the point and we already have the knell.

take2.jpg

16 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Also I wonder what percentage of weapons in the origin system are formerly Tenno owned and then got sold after their owner got bored of it or found something better?

I hope it's a lot. Considering what the Grineer are like, I kind of hope that the weaponry I've sold has ended up in good hands.

53 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I feel ya. 

One thing I feel like Destiny does far better is lean in to how the players act - having lots of old grimoire entries talking about all the dancing, how so many of them are nutcases, and sort of keeping their finger on the pulse of various playerbase memes. And it makes this all feel a bit more real. 

WF needs that, y'know? Just a sense that someone at DE understands us, and also some Tenno NPCs to lean into that.

I know what you mean, I haven't played Destiny 2 for a while, but I do know what you mean. That's part of the reason I like the Leverian stuff so much. it gives a glimpse on how the Tenno are perceived and the actions of other Tenno and how they shaped the system.

56 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I hope it's a lot. Considering what the Grineer are like, I kind of hope that the weaponry I've sold has ended up in good hands.

One of my personal theories is that in universe most of the weapons/warframes that you buy from the market for plat are just refurbished  weapons/warframes that other players sell.

I also think that it would be interesting to see some exotic weapons that the tenno use in the hands of NPCs with the implication that they got them from open market after the a tenno sold them.

1 hour ago, Neo3602 said:

I know what you mean, I haven't played Destiny 2 for a while, but I do know what you mean. That's part of the reason I like the Leverian stuff so much. it gives a glimpse on how the Tenno are perceived and the actions of other Tenno and how they shaped the system.

It's also a big motivator behind this thread - trying to make the Origin System feel just a little bit more.... expansive.

1 hour ago, Neo3602 said:

I also think that it would be interesting to see some exotic weapons that the tenno use in the hands of NPCs with the implication that they got them from open market after the a tenno sold them.

That would be cool....

Got a idea for a Corinth/Corinth prime augment mod.

Recursive Burst: Airburst round has a 2% (rank 0) to 20% (rank 10) chance to spawn 3 smaller rounds once it explodes. Each smaller round deals between 30 and 40 percent of the damage of the original airburst round but the explosion radius for the recursive rounds are halved. Multishot mods will increase the chance but only by 50% of the original buff amount for each additional multishot round so its unlikely to proc several times in a single shot but still give a slightly higher chance. (Example: 20% for the normal round but the extra round added because of multishot will only have a 10% chance.) Or multishot mods could just increase it by the standard amount if its too weak. I ran this by some of the other players and they thought it was a great idea to give Corinth more of a reason to be used since it gets overlooked because there are slightly more powerful options such as Zarr or Hek with Scattered Justice.

it's been like a year and a half, but I still have no idea what this does:

filename_by_fluffywolf36_de6tplo-pre.png

Maybe some sort of infested hand cannon? That's what I get from the long barrel.

You could give is some sort of on kill effect or have it so that after a certain number of hits what ever it's shooting takes root in the target and say strips armor or releases area damage or makes the target very vulnerable for further damage. You could have headshots instantly trigger the effect or have the effect trigger after a certain period of time and have hits speed the process up.

Either way I'm sure you'll come up with something interesting.

2 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Maybe some sort of infested hand cannon? That's what I get from the long barrel.

You could give is some sort of on kill effect or have it so that after a certain number of hits what ever it's shooting takes root in the target and say strips armor or releases area damage or makes the target very vulnerable for further damage. You could have headshots instantly trigger the effect or have the effect trigger after a certain period of time and have hits speed the process up.

Either way I'm sure you'll come up with something interesting.

All great ideas!

Though real talk, it's almost certainly going to be a primary. I know I started with the idea of a beam, I just don't remember what I was thinking...

Dur-Girra

"A mysterious structure found floating in the storms of Jupiter. Its original function and builders are unknown, and entire levels are listed as 'quarantined' and 'hostile' without further elaboration. Nonetheless, it remains inhabited by craftsmen, drifters, Solaris runaways and Corpus archeologists and other misfits who pay for upkeep by selling materials, strange components, and resources that Dur-Girra manages to accumulate."

dur_girra_by_fluffywolf36_df0xjaq-fullvi

A mysterious construction found floating in the storms of Jupiter, accidentally discovered by a gas freighter that nearly rammed into it. Somehow - archeotechnologists are still trying to puzzle out why - Dur-Girra is extremely hard to detect through most modern sensor devices, and it requires specially designed beacons to direct anyone towards it.

As it floats across Jupiter, kept buoyant through arcane null-gravity technology, it strains the atmosphere for isotopes and metals, constructing ingots and exotic materials and filling massive warehouses with them. Curiously, this is only a small fraction of the functions it's capable of - massive swathes of machinery throughout Dur-Girra sit, rusted and covered in dust. These two attributes provide the two main industries of the floating megastructure. Firstly, its haul of resources are sold to nearby Corpus outposts and other colonies. Secondly, Dur-Girra's population sell reproductions of its technology (along with spare components) to Corpus gas cities, particularly that of Alad V. In particular, it's a great exporter of unique nanotechnology, which remains easier to use despite lacking the raw power and strength of Orokin era-nanomachines or Technocyte - .

Common knowledge among the population of Dur-Girra is that it exists at only a fraction of its previous capacity. Despite the exceptional quality of the materials it can create, (such as lithium) production actually lags behind other Corpus gas cities, in terms of sheer quantity. In addition, massive amounts of machinery within the megastructure remain covered immobile and covered in dust.

However, there's one more issue - vast swathes of Dur-Girra remain unexplored and dangerous, inhabited by malfunctioning and hostile proxies that attack anything on sight. Some were once  Corpus designs, others are unrecognizable. Stranger still is that the inside of Dur-Girra remains impossible to map and saturated in Void Energy. Explorers have recorded dimensions larger than those found outside, passages that seem to shift and turn when you're not looking, and reported strange audio reports. Adding to the issue, it's rumored that things that were once Corpus explorers and acquisitions teams haunt its depths.

Perhaps stranger still, Sentient forces - some belonging to

Spoiler

Natah

in the days where she took over Alad V's operations on Jupiter, and others belonging to more fragmentary Minds - seem to be fascinated with the makeup of the place. As do the Infested of the Cyst Rigs.

Early analysis suggests Dur-Girra to be a creation of the Buyan Alliance, (the ancestors of modern day Dziewannans)  an ally of the Ancient Corpus, known for pushing the limits of Orokin-era bans on technology and Apostatic Sciences such as Void Geometry, Ectoplasmatism, AI programming, and sociology*. In addition, the Buyann Alliance were known for their aptitude in nanotechnology, (It is surmised that they learned it from Esha remnants) along with managing to use captured orokin Terminal Genes to briefly gain an understanding of Void technology.

This understanding admittedly did not come close to that of the Orokin's, but it was the closest anyone got,  with the exceptions of Parvos Granum and the population of the Cursed Moon. Perhaps because of this, they were caught in the crossover between the Sentients (it's surmised they wanted to absorb Buyan and consume its nanites) and Orokin, and were virtually eradicated but for hideouts on the outskirts of the Origin System such as Dziewanna.

Gameplay Notes:

I do not actually know how to integrate this WF gameplay - at least, not in a way that makes you think "Wow, this unique tileset is pretty poggers, I would go back there repeatedly!"

All seriousness though, it is - more than anything - just an excuse for me to have some fun with all the lore I've written out.

* I was kidding. Except not really, because the Orokin created a society so hilariously dysfunctional that i couldn't resist.

• Like 1

Just now, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Dur-Girra

"A mysterious structure found floating in the storms of Jupiter. Its original function and builders are unknown, and entire levels are listed as 'quarantined' and 'hostile' without further elaboration. Nonetheless, it remains inhabited by craftsmen, drifters, Solaris runaways and Corpus archeologists and other misfits who pay for upkeep by selling materials, strange components, and resources that Dur-Girra manages to accumulate."

dur_girra_by_fluffywolf36_df0xjaq-fullvi

A mysterious construction found floating in the storms of Jupiter, accidentally discovered by a gas freighter that nearly rammed into it. Somehow - archeotechnologists are still trying to puzzle out why - Dur-Girra is extremely hard to detect through most modern sensor devices, and it requires specially designed beacons to direct anyone towards it.

As it floats across Jupiter, kept buoyant through arcane null-gravity technology, it strains the atmosphere for isotopes and metals, constructing ingots and exotic materials and filling massive warehouses with them. Curiously, this is only a small fraction of the functions it's capable of - massive swathes of machinery throughout Dur-Girra sit, rusted and covered in dust. These two attributes provide the two main industries of the floating megastructure. Firstly, its haul of resources are sold to nearby Corpus outposts and other colonies. Secondly, Dur-Girra's population sell reproductions of its technology (along with spare components) to Corpus gas cities, particularly that of Alad V. In particular, it's a great exporter of unique nanotechnology, which remains easier to use despite lacking the raw power and strength of Orokin era-nanomachines or Technocyte - .

Common knowledge among the population of Dur-Girra is that it exists at only a fraction of its previous capacity. Despite the exceptional quality of the materials it can create, (such as lithium) production actually lags behind other Corpus gas cities, in terms of sheer quantity. In addition, massive amounts of machinery within the megastructure remain covered immobile and covered in dust.

However, there's one more issue - vast swathes of Dur-Girra remain unexplored and dangerous, inhabited by malfunctioning and hostile proxies that attack anything on sight. Some were once  Corpus designs, others are unrecognizable. Stranger still is that the inside of Dur-Girra remains impossible to map and saturated in Void Energy. Explorers have recorded dimensions larger than those found outside, passages that seem to shift and turn when you're not looking, and reported strange audio reports. Adding to the issue, it's rumored that things that were once Corpus explorers and acquisitions teams haunt its depths.

Perhaps stranger still, Sentient forces - some belonging to

Reveal hidden contents

Natah

in the days where she took over Alad V's operations on Jupiter, and others belonging to more fragmentary Minds - seem to be fascinated with the makeup of the place. As do the Infested of the Cyst Rigs.

Early analysis suggests Dur-Girra to be a creation of the Buyan Alliance, (the ancestors of modern day Dziewannans)  an ally of the Ancient Corpus, known for pushing the limits of Orokin-era bans on technology and Apostatic Sciences such as Void Geometry, Ectoplasmatism, AI programming, and sociology*. In addition, the Buyann Alliance were known for their aptitude in nanotechnology, (It is surmised that they learned it from Esha remnants) along with managing to use captured orokin Terminal Genes to briefly gain an understanding of Void technology.

This understanding admittedly did not come close to that of the Orokin's, but it was the closest anyone got,  with the exceptions of Parvos Granum and the population of the Cursed Moon. Perhaps because of this, they were caught in the crossover between the Sentients (it's surmised they wanted to absorb Buyan and consume its nanites) and Orokin, and were virtually eradicated but for hideouts on the outskirts of the Origin System such as Dziewanna.

Gameplay Notes:

I do not actually know how to integrate this WF gameplay - at least, not in a way that makes you think "Wow, this unique tileset is pretty poggers, I would go back there repeatedly!"

All seriousness though, it is - more than anything - just an excuse for me to have some fun with all the lore I've written out.

* I was kidding. Except not really, because the Orokin created a society so hilariously dysfunctional that i couldn't resist.

This is really interesting.  I really like the concept of massive monolithic abandoned structures that need to be explored and would love to see something like that in warframe.

It would be really cool to see a sort of open world area that you have to explore and map out to get access to the entire part of it. or open world areas with big underground areas that you can run around in and enter in one part of the map and exit in another (like the moon in destiny 1 I really like running around the hive tunnels there.)

11 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

This is really interesting.  I really like the concept of massive monolithic abandoned structures that need to be explored and would love to see something like that in warframe.

As I'm guessing you might remember from that space elevator on Ganymede, I love sci-fi megastructures =D

13 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

It would be really cool to see a sort of open world area that you have to explore and map out to get access to the entire part of it. or open world areas with big underground areas that you can run around in and enter in one part of the map and exit in another (like the moon in destiny 1 I really like running around the hive tunnels there.)

There'd also be some level of procedural generation to it to get across just how large (and off) it feels. Maybe in the explorable area, maybe some mission nodes - but I'm leaning towards "in explorable area" because an explorable area that changes when you're not looking at it is such a strange idea. I also want to genuinely unsettle people. Part of this would be through how outright unexplained so much of it is. Like... what does it do? Why is it apparently void-cursed? Is something in here with you? Where did all these proxies come from? What happened to the proxies and Corpus that've been attacking you?

Predictably I'm also going to draw some raid gear for it lol

So I said the next one would be Grineer, but I got distracted and photobashed this out over the course of about 3 hours. It's... not Grineer, obviously.

Still working on what this does (I'm thinking hunting rifle/shotgun hybrid) but the intended lore does actually skew closer to canonical lore than the last three out of five recent drawings. Still, I said I'd do a Grineer weapon, and the last gun was... already a photobash, so it only feels right to put this off to the side for awhile.

a-wU1yfVwbadQXgjQY-sAPBnqup2_Ehxtxsyj_K_

• Like 1

So I said the next one would be Grineer, but I got distracted and photobashed this out over the course of about 3 hours. It's... not Grineer, obviously.

Still working on what this does (I'm thinking hunting rifle/shotgun hybrid) but the intended lore does actually skew closer to canonical lore than the last three out of five recent drawings. Still, I said I'd do a Grineer weapon, and the last gun was... already a photobash, so it only feels right to put this off to the side for awhile.

a-wU1yfVwbadQXgjQY-sAPBnqup2_Ehxtxsyj_K_

A Tenno jezail of sorts? Slow, dead-eye accurate, but it’s design lends well for mobility and maneuvering? Could reward positioning and maneuvering for folks with a steady hand and don’t mind ironsighting.

Heh, I could almost see the slowness being due to the fact that it could be a single-action rifle of sorts. A loud .75 crack, then you pull the hammer back for the next shot.

Allll my two cents of course, couldn’t help but toss em in when I saw you were mulling some thoughts over.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

A Tenno jezail of sorts? Slow, dead-eye accurate, but it’s design lends well for mobility and maneuvering? Could reward positioning and maneuvering for folks with a steady hand and don’t mind ironsighting.

I was thinking it'd be Martian and semiauto (I may or may not include that part from the Furis. It's just there to shake up the silhouette) but you're overall spookily accurate. Being slow but positioning and maneuvering is a great idea...

2022/2/13 AM7点20分 , (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 说:

--Codex

Lore

Special Traits:

Paradise.

—Dr Judau Torris

Stats

•  
    •  6 Slash
    • 8  Puncture
    • 12 Radiation
  • Headshot Multiplier: 2.25x

Area attacks

Explosion 

Sound Notes:

Artist Notes

Destiny 2 ?