Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

On 2022-03-05 at 9:43 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I was thinking it'd be Martian and semiauto (I may or may not include that part from the Furis. It's just there to shake up the silhouette) but you're overall spookily accurate. Being slow but positioning and maneuvering is a great idea...

AHA! A relic of the old Martian civilization eradicated by the Grins from their earlier landgrab days. Delightful planning! I don’t think either of us have actually put much scrutiny to them! I wonder if they may have had their own version of the Mujahideen in the earlier years, ones who fought to the bitterest of ends in the form of full cultural annihilation, perhaps not even hunted by the Grineer to the last, but, just lost by sheer attrition to both the desert and their fury, throwing themselves against the Grinic war machine until all that remained are those to infirm to keep it up, left to wither in the wastes, an ignoble end.

. . . oh. . . oh shet. . . this is reminding me of. . . current events.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

AHA! A relic of the old Martian civilization eradicated by the Grins from their earlier landgrab days.

Yep! Current idea is that it's a gauss rifle that fires ferromagnetic slugs. This would (ironically) make it kinda similar to a flintlock in that the bullets are extremely simple to make. I... wouldn't really know how much the Martian civilization grasped metallurgy, but I liked the idea of them having a weapon that feels analogous to, say, native americans with flintlock rifles. It's a very advanced technology that's used in a primitive way, which feels pretty in line with Warframe's influence from Frank Herbert.

Currently (and this lore is offhand, partly improvised) I'm thinking these things were nigh-priceless heirlooms, because nobody on Mars knew how to make them, and ammo wasn't a problem to make because the projectiles it fires are so easy to make. So as a result, they took on a tone not entirely unlike firearms bought by native americans. Except I used a Turkish jezzail rifle here. Which is weirdly fitting, cause the Martian civilization seems to  have been a weird hybrid of Mesoamerican and Middle Eastern.

Sidenote, have you ever seen how Native Americans decorated their rifles? It's genuinely pretty cool.

If I know you - and I do - this will probably inspire you.

60f1dc979650349f19a63bd31335eab5.jpg

ed21cbd4c57b33a109c10568283dc840.jpg

14772989%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

(I think this last one is mostly wrapped in some kind of leather....)

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Grineer 'Pulsa' Bioplasma Pistol

“Grineer bioplasma pistol that fires almost as fast as you can pull the trigger, but is easily overcharged to fire a highly damaging blast… All at the risk of overheating. Release the trigger at a random point before the full charge for maximum effect..”

--codex

grineer__pulsa__bioplasma_pistol_by_fluf

Special traits: 

Overheat - Firing between four and seven rounds in quick succession causes the pistol to overheat, dealing heat damage to the wielder and becoming inoperable for three seconds. This is accompanied by flashing lights and increased vibration.

Perfect Shot Shots can be charged and held; release them at a random point just before full charge for maximum effect.

LORE

The Pulsa is a semiautomatic Grineer plasma  is to the Corpus ‘Dera’ plasma rifle as a flintlock is to a Tenno assault rifle. It’s oversized, it boasts a barrel you could shove a finger into, it’s cruder than the ancient Detron series, and it trades virtually everything - safety, ergonomics, capacity - for sheer power and volume of fire.

It was built from scavenged Narmer components, recovered on battlefields of the Grineer-Narmer War. As all Origin System archeotechnologists know, Narmer technology synthesizes technology from all factions of the Origin System. And that’s why the Pulsa shoots bioplasma. Contained somewhere within the pistol, particularly the red cylindrical magazine, are various Infested components that vent superheated gas in the form of plasma…

Directly into the face of unfortunate enemies.

It boasts a high fire rate, hurling bioplasma almost as fast as you can pull the trigger… however, it runs the risk of overheating after being between four and seven, dealing some heat damage to the wielder and becoming inoperable for two seconds. This risk is compounded if you fire it after the overcharge - it requires a short period of time to cool down.

That’s worth it, though, on account of the sheer damage of the overcharge. In addition, there’s also a Perfect Shot mechanic similar to that of Nataruk.

Unlike Nataruk, however, the window for the Perfect Shot moves around each time you charge (it’s always after half charge, though) making it genuinely hard to keep up a consistent rhythm of shots. This can be frustrating… but it feels oh so satisfying to fire and land that perfect shot.

Artist Notes:

The basic idea was something that felt like a Warhammer 40k plasma pistol. If the Grineer ever developed plasma weaponry, it’d probably be kind of like this, so I figured “Hey, why not?”

It’s meant to feel like this risky, unsafe, but extremely powerful sidearm. Not unlike plasma from Warhammer 40k. I considered giving it the capacity to do 100% crit and 100% status on the Perfect Shot, but… I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. It’s meant to feel genuinely hard to use, but also fun in a way. The next Grineer gun will shoot bullets, of course, this was just because a Grineer version of a 40k plasma pistol was too good to resist.

Stats are below because GOOD LORD MAN

Stats

• Trigger: Charge
  • Charge Time: 0.8s
  • Magazine: 16
  • Overheat Period - 5-8 shots
  • Cooldown Period: 3s
  • Non-Hitscan

Uncharged:

Note: Fires as fast as you can pull the trigger

Non-Hitscan

Main projectile

• Damage: 69 
  • 49 Toxin
  • 20 Impact
  • Critical Chance:  20%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
  • Status Chance: 40%

Explosion

• Damage: 40 Heat
  • 25 Heat
  • 15 Impact
  • Size: 2m (1 meter radius?)

Charged

Main projectile

• Damage: 138
  • 98 Toxin
  • 40 Impact
  • Critical Chance:  24%

Explosion

• Damage: 80
  • 50 Heat
  • 30 Impact
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
  • Blast Radius: 4m

Perfect Shot

Main projectile

• 98 Toxin
  • 40 Impact
  • Critical Chance:  28%
  • Status Chance: 50%

Explosion

• 50 Heat
  • 30 Impact
  • Blast Radius: 6m

• Like 3

23 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

“Grineer bioplasma pistol that fires almost as fast as you can pull the trigger, but is easily overcharged to fire a highly damaging blast… All at the risk of overheating. Release the trigger at a random point before the full charge for maximum effect..”

--codex

Special traits: 

Overheat - Firing between four and seven rounds in quick succession causes the pistol to overheat, dealing heat damage to the wielder and becoming inoperable for three seconds. This is accompanied by flashing lights and increased vibration.

Perfect Shot Shots can be charged and held; release them at a random point just before full charge for maximum effect.

LORE

The Pulsa is a semiautomatic Grineer plasma  is to the Corpus ‘Dera’ plasma rifle as a flintlock is to a Tenno assault rifle. It’s oversized, it boasts a barrel you could shove a finger into, it’s cruder than the ancient Detron series, and it trades virtually everything - safety, ergonomics, capacity - for sheer power and volume of fire.

It was built from scavenged Narmer components, recovered on battlefields of the Grineer-Narmer War. As all Origin System archeotechnologists know, Narmer technology synthesizes technology from all factions of the Origin System. And that’s why the Pulsa shoots bioplasma. Contained somewhere within the pistol, particularly the red cylindrical magazine, are various Infested components that vent superheated gas in the form of plasma…

Directly into the face of unfortunate enemies.

It boasts a high fire rate, hurling bioplasma almost as fast as you can pull the trigger… however, it runs the risk of overheating after being between four and seven, dealing some heat damage to the wielder and becoming inoperable for two seconds. This risk is compounded if you fire it after the overcharge - it requires a short period of time to cool down.

That’s worth it, though, on account of the sheer damage of the overcharge. In addition, there’s also a Perfect Shot mechanic similar to that of Nataruk.

Unlike Nataruk, however, the window for the Perfect Shot moves around each time you charge (it’s always after half charge, though) making it genuinely hard to keep up a consistent rhythm of shots. This can be frustrating… but it feels oh so satisfying to fire and land that perfect shot.

Artist Notes:

The basic idea was something that felt like a Warhammer 40k plasma pistol. If the Grineer ever developed plasma weaponry, it’d probably be kind of like this, so I figured “Hey, why not?”

It’s meant to feel like this risky, unsafe, but extremely powerful sidearm. Not unlike plasma from Warhammer 40k. I considered giving it the capacity to do 100% crit and 100% status on the Perfect Shot, but… I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. It’s meant to feel genuinely hard to use, but also fun in a way. The next Grineer gun will shoot bullets, of course, this was just because a Grineer version of a 40k plasma pistol was too good to resist.

Stats are below because GOOD LORD MAN

Stats

• Trigger: Charge
  • Charge Time: 0.8s
  • Magazine: 16
  • Overheat Period - 5-8 shots
  • Cooldown Period: 3s
  • Non-Hitscan

Uncharged:

Note: Fires as fast as you can pull the trigger

Non-Hitscan

Main projectile

• Damage: 69 
  • 49 Toxin
  • 20 Impact

Explosion

• Damage: 40 Heat
  • 25 Heat
  • 15 Impact
  • Size: 2m (1 meter radius?)

Charged

Main projectile

• 98 Toxin
  • 40 Impact

Explosion

• 50 Heat
  • 30 Impact
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
  • Blast Radius: 4m

Perfect Shot

Main projectile

• 98 Toxin
  • 40 Impact

Explosion

• 50 Heat
  • 30 Impact
  • Blast Radius: 6m

Like this one, I could really see the grineer being willing to use something like this since they always have more clones. 

The mix of overcharge and over heat mechanics is interesting and something we haven't see in warframe yet.

1 minute ago, Neo3602 said:

Like this one, I could really see the grineer being willing to use something like this since they always have more clones. 

That's exactly how I saw it! Plasma's... explosive downsides... aren't much of an issue to the Imperium of Man because there's always more troops, and this just felt so blindingly obviously Grineer that I had to do it.

13 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

The mix of overcharge and over heat mechanics is interesting and something we haven't see in warframe yet.

It's something I've toyed with a lot, especially with the Dziewannan firearms I used to make (I actually have a new one planned. Predictably, it feels kinda revolvery but there's a twist) and I think it could really create a unique feel. 

This was all just meant to make the Pulsa capture a specific kind of unsafe, unreliable yet rewarding feeling.

• Like 1

Just now, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Updort: next three weeks' weapons is finished, I'll upload them semi-frequently for the next three weeks. I'm gonna use that time to do... other stuff.

Fair enough, looking foreword to see what they are. Also have you seen the latest devstream? It looks like the setup for the Zariman is somewhat similar to what you envisioned for the Dur-Girra. It only needs an objectiveless area you can run around in, though from the looks of it there is a exterminate mission that could fulfill that function.

3 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Fair enough, looking foreword to see what they are. Also have you seen the latest devstream? It looks like the setup for the Zariman is somewhat similar to what you envisioned for the Dur-Girra. It only needs an objectiveless area you can run around in, though from the looks of it there is a exterminate mission that could fulfill that function.

When you put it that way, that's... surprising.  Never thought of it as being that similar. But it's kinda funny!

I do seem to have a strange ability to predict the wavelength DE is on.

Also, if you're wondering, the next 3 are:

1. Shotgun

2. That Martian gun

3. .... I don't know how to describe this last one but it'll feel pretty Fallout.

• Like 1

On 2022-03-10 at 2:50 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

--codex

Special traits: 

I love the idea visual and faction off that gun. If fits well together gameplay wise and lore wise. 

Gameplay wise after playing with the nataruk I really feek strong weapons should have risk your skill atched to their usage. It just feels so good to fire the perfect timing shot off the nataruk even when its not necesseray at all. Also theme wise it just fits well for the grineer to not give the faintest off --- about safety and just go I need more power. It would be neat if the weapon had swithcing sweep spots ( it has variance from 50%-60% , 60%-70% , 70%- 80% charge for sweet spot instead of constant spot ) , so the player has to contantly pay atention to the gun instead off just leaving it to muscle memory. 

2 hours ago, keikogi said:

It would be neat if the weapon had swithcing sweep spots ( it has variance from 50%-60% , 60%-70% , 70%- 80% charge for sweet spot instead of constant spot ) , so the player has to contantly pay atention to the gun instead off just leaving it to muscle memory. 

I took that into account =D

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I took that into account =D

Than it was already perfect. BTW 40 k has a lot off guns desing that could translate well like even some basic stuff like the gauntlet bolter gauntlet from the grey knights could stand out a lot around here. Since all wrist mounted weapon in warframe are fancy pants energy weapons. If you want to give the weapon a fancy pants mechanic related to the whole psychic inbue bullets mechanics off the grey knights you clould make the weapon empower its next magazine based on energy spent.

4 hours ago, keikogi said:

Than it was already perfect. BTW 40 k has a lot off guns desing that could translate well like even some basic stuff like the gauntlet bolter gauntlet from the grey knights could stand out a lot around here. Since all wrist mounted weapon in warframe are fancy pants energy weapons. If you want to give the weapon a fancy pants mechanic related to the whole psychic inbue bullets mechanics off the grey knights you clould make the weapon empower its next magazine based on energy spent.

Okay, I skimmed this, but what I'm getting here is "Make a psilencer"

282800.JPG

All seriousness though, I've used 40k for inspo a lot. The Naga revolver from awhile back has the same hammer as the stub cannon from Necromunda, there was this Corpus pistol I made awhile back inspired by the Archeotech Laspistol, there's been a bunch of attempts at making a bunch of bolters, some volkite guns, meltaguns, some other stuff I don't remember...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

282800.JPG

I was going for something more basic on their arsenal 

main-qimg-7205b4fcedb158be9f2a16cdc5aff3

The Humble storm bolter with Psy Bolt ammunition. The only difference is on the weapon I'm proposing the player is imbuing the next magazine with residual energy from his ability cast instead off chanelling his psychics might into the round into the chamber.

I'm genuinely surprised thr tenno faction has no wrist mounted weapons given their "melee" faction nature so having no hand secondaries would make sense , especially if said weapon can Chanel void mando jambo.

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Read bit a on the wiki about that one I really feel waiting a bit for the new weapon upgrade mechanic would help the whole idea off Chanel the void / psichic might of the user thought the gun.

unknown.png

The weapons evolve and the player can choose the upgrades. So it makes sense for a weapon that channel the character void/psy energy to greatly improve with maestry.

Edited by keikogi

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

back inspired by the Archeotech Laspistol,

When you say it the influences are obvious. It actually works as the flash light is described,  so much concentrated heat that on a small point it creates a small explosion. Range limit due to light dissipation and the boxy energy pack looks straight up from the Impirium ( except the orokin bits to say it a power pack from Supreme) 

48 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

been a bunch of attempts at making a bunch of bolters, some volkite guns, meltaguns, some other stuff I don't remember...

40 k has a massive wealth off interesting weapons. Just the Imperium off man has a massive variety and when you add the silly stuff of the orks , the fancy stuff on the Eldar and the straight up disgusting stuff off tiranid shooting (melee if a bunch off flavours off scyfe and claws ). The Tau are a bit on the tame with the energy gun that go pew all over the place.

12 minutes ago, keikogi said:

When you say it the influences are obvious. It actually works as the flash light is described,  so much concentrated heat that on a small point it creates a small explosion. Range limit due to light dissipation and the boxy energy pack looks straight up from the Impirium ( except the orokin bits to say it a power pack from Supreme) 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Which is honestly kinda funny cause the functionality is more in line with A Thousand Voices from Destiny 2. Good in concept, but I think I screwed up some of the numbers by not statting the explosion. I might have to lower the damage a little, have an explosion every three ticks...

Ironically I think I looked at lasguns from Dune while making it. 

27 minutes ago, keikogi said:

40 k has a massive wealth off interesting weapons. Just the Imperium off man has a massive variety and when you add the silly stuff of the orks , the fancy stuff on the Eldar and the straight up disgusting stuff off tiranid shooting (melee if a bunch off flavours off scyfe and claws ). The Tau are a bit on the tame with the energy gun that go pew all over the place.

The Imperium has what I'm pretty sure is the best variety. Bolters, lasguns, plasma guns, flamers, at least two plasma flamethrowers*, shotguns, classic autoguns, not-so-classic autoguns used by the admech, radium weaponry, electric weaponry, antimatter weaponry, gravity weapons, volkite weapons, and a bunch of strange and bizarre things that defy classification like Kinetic Destroyers are.

I do like how outright bizarre some of the Dark Eldar guns are (there's the hexrifle, the ossefactor, the liquifier). Also I gotta say, I'm with you about the Tau. Their stuff is powerful, but it just doesn't have that "basic concept pushed to its illogical extreme" feel that any gun from the Imperium does. They kinda do just feel underwhelmingly pew pew pew.

* Oh yeah, I did that once. It was pretty baller.

• Like 1

Currently working on one of the next few weeks' weapons, and one of the gimmicks caused me to revisit the Orba from awhile back.

And as a result, this is now burstfire cause I got bored.

On 2021-03-05 at 11:43 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Grineer 'Orba' Obrez Pistol
grineer__orba__obrez_pistol_by_fluffywol

Special Traits:
Ironsights - tap altfire for increased zoom
Charged Zoom - aiming for a short period of time automatically charges the next shot fired for up to 35% bonus damage. I don’t know how long this takes to charge, but it’s affected by fire rate mods.

Lore

This pistol is emblematic of how the Grineer see antiquity, Tenno. Take an old relic, crack it open for anything usable, and build an ugly, brutal, half-understood machine of the scraps. There’s no art in it.”
--Vikra Ohgun, Cetus Armorer

A Grineer heavy semiauto pistol that boasts a lot of rounds, and high power… but questionable recoil and accuracy, and it’s extremely difficult to stay on target with sustained fire. Aiming down ironsights automatically charges over a short period of time for up to 35% bonus damage… and brief visual recoil that quickly subsides by the time you’re pulling the trigger for the next shot. This is affected by fire rate mods, because I see no reason not to give players a reason to jailbreak this.

It fires high-powered tracer rounds that trail green. Though that’s just a cosmetic way to give you an idea of which way the bullet went, as this thing has high vertical recoil that starts out predictable, but gets less and less predictable the faster you fire it*. It does stay mostly vertical, though. Assuming you don’t stop pulling the trigger, the first 2-4 rounds will be predictable with slight climb, but after 3-5 rounds fired it’ll start going everywhere. You need to wait for the weapon to recover some accuracy.

If the Kraken is the Grineer equivalent to the Beretta, the Orba is the equivalent of a 1911 - a heavy, rather primitive sidearm from another era altogether.

If it even qualifies as a sidearm, that is. It’s actually a sawed-off rifle not unlike the Marelok, except in this case, it was made from a semiautomatic marksman rifle from a bygone era of Grineer expansion before the Tenno Awakening. But, as Grineer weapons technology progressed, and they developed more and more powerful weapons, these were sadly rendered obsolete. In fact, your average Marelok does more damage.

It would have been rendered a priceless antique in many other civilizations, but the Grineer have few concepts of that. And so the rifles that would become the Orba were cut down and rebuilt into pistols. They’re a common sight on a particular kind of Grineer officer - the kind that wants to seem like an Important Grineer With a Big Gun, ruling their own little fiefdoms like in the first ages of expansion that led to claiming Mars, Ceres, and some of the Jovians. The fact that said fiefdoms are rarely more important than even a Galleon often serves to undermine this.

While on the surface, it has unilateral advantages over the current Kraken service pistol, there’s a number of advantages the Kraken has that just may not seem apparent to the average Tenno. The Kraken is lighter, has less recoil, is less front-heavy, and it’s cheaper to build for an Origin System-spanning army. Also, you can carry more ammo for it.

The Orba has a unique-looking reload. The magazine swings forward and open, flinging the rounds out - at which point you shove in a tiny group of rounds.

*Originally, this was going to just become nigh-uncontrollable and nigh-unpredictable with lots of recoil, but… I don’t know, that just seemed like it’d be too frustrating.

STATS

Trigger: Burst
Burst Count: 3
Burst delay: 0.1s
Burst rate: 6
Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 16
Magazine: 21
Max Ammo: 168
Reload: 3.2s
Damage: 60
Slash: 20
30 impact
10 Puncture
Critical chance: 34%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0
Status Chance: 12%

Artist Notes:

This is always the most difficult thing for me to come up with - something that seems normal, no-frills, but also fun. Virtually every pistol I’ve made recently has barely focused on punch-through, had an crowd control function of some kind like explosive damage, and inherent elemental damage like heat or something. In fact, I’ve got at least two revolvers I’m planning on drawing that have all of those things! And one that has three of them (but not elemental damage).

So I wanted to do this to space things out a bit. Add something new that focuses mostly on single-target damage. The “charge” gimmick is based on the 30-30 repeater from Apex Legends. Which, overall, I think is fun enough - who wouldn’t appreciate a little extra damage for staying on-target and zoomed? Plus, holding the right trigger to charge while zoomed in has always felt just a little bit cumbersome to me. I accept that it happens, but… it’s just a bit weird sometimes.

It just felt right to space out my thread’s catalog of pistols with something fairly normal like this. Now, some of you might be wondering: Is it really that hard for Fluffy not to make an interesting pistol?

Yes.

I draw up all this stuff to supplement the game’s arsenal and lore, and there’s plenty of stuff the game just… already has. It already has about six revolvers, a mare’s leg, a Space Deagle, Tombfinger secondaries, and… probably a lot of stuff I’m forgetting. I feel like there’s genuinely not much I can do or should do that isn’t bizarre and outside the box that adds to that. I like making stuff that fits an untapped niche. This is why the Largo has explosive bullets :P . I tried to make it like a lower-recoil, higher-capacity Lex with a scope, but I just couldn’t make myself have fun there.

Plus, I also like making stuff that stands out. “Another revolver” is less fun than “Fluffy made a revolver that takes Jakobs’ gimmick in BL3 so far it’s practically the Amprex if it was a revolver.”

(I am actually planning on doing that, but it doesn’t have electric damage lol)

Martian 'Sadus' Hunting Rifle

“A semiautomatic, caseless, stripper-clip fed gauss hunting rifle of Orokin design, found in the hands of Martian tribesmen during the first Grineer invasion of Mars. Can fire a single precise shot, or a shotgunlike blast of shrapnel.

This was one of the only Martian weapons that could hurt - let alone kill - the Grineer invaders.”

Special Traits:
Charged Zoom - aiming for 0.35 seconds  automatically charges the next shot fired for up to 40% bonus damage.

martian__sadus__hunting_rifle_by_fluffyw

Like many post-Orokin civilizations of the Origin System, the Martian tribesmen found themselves on an uneven technological path. On the one hand, they were often armed with primitive spears and knives. 

On the other hand, some lucky few found themselves with the Sadus rifle - a gauss weapon designed for hunting, which fires ferromagnetic slugs. Primary fire launches a high-density ferromagnetic slug, while secondary fire transmutes the rounds into a shotgunlike storm of projectiles that punch through flesh with ease.

Aiming for 0.36 seconds will increase the weapon’s damage by 40%.

The weapon comes with a fixed magazine, which is reloaded through reusable stripper clips. Each of these hold five ferromagnetic slugs*. While ejecting the last round of a stripper clip, it makes a loud ‘ping’. These slugs are extremely easy to make - even for Martian tribesmen with only the scattered remnants of technology. This makes it somewhat similar to an ancient flintlock in that the bullets are extremely simple to make.

Originally built by the Orokin-era Martialis Armory, these weapons (among others) found their way into the hands of post-Collapse Martian civliians, be they sand people who hid in the canyons or displaced survivors of cities such as New Oxomoco.

The descendants of these ancient tribes and survivors would soon use it to repel Grineer invasions. Unlike most Tenno firearms, which prioritize high velocity rounds for maximum damage (the Boltor, Astilla, and Estampida being notable exceptions) the Sadus fires a comparatively slower-moving, larger-caliber round with high impact, punching through the tough, leathery hides of Martian fauna and pummeling organs. While this wasn’t especially useful against the mechanical limbs of the average Grineer, a single shot to the chest would incapacitate them… and a single shot to the white, easily noticeable faceplate would virtually always kill a Grineer.

Sadly, there weren’t enough Sadus rifles to go around to defend the whole planet. They were often destroyed once the Grineer got in close combat range.

Due to their rarity, Sadus rifles were nigh-priceless heirlooms. They took on a near reverential tone, accumulating various decorations such as scrimshawed bone and the feathers of Martian birds.

Luckily, Baro Ki’Teer has found the blueprints from Martialis Armory. And he will pay you money to kill Grineer with them.

I’m not even going to pretend to describe how the reload animation works. There’s a diagram. One thing I can tell you though is that it’s reloaded with two stripper clips - each of which take 1.6 seconds to reload. Each clip is equal to 50% of the magazine.

Stats:

• Trigger: Semi

• Magazine: 10

• Reload: 1.6x2 (3.2)

• Fire rate: 2.31s

Primary Fire:

• Non-Hitscan

• Damage: 160

• 75 Impact

• 35 puncture

• 50 Slash

• Critical Chance: 30%

• Critical Multiplier: 2.4x

• Status Chance: 18%

• Headshot Multiplier: 3.75x

Shotgun mode

• Pellets: 7

• Damage: 320

• 150 slash

• 70 impact 

• 100 puncture

• Status Chance: 13.5%

• Headshot Multiplier: 3.75x

• 100% damage up to 20m

• 30% damage at 36m

Artist notes

This all came about cause I’d been watching Dune. I kept seeing a bunch of fremen guns but not getting a good look at them. This… isn’t that much of a problem, cause it’s Dune, the property that probably codified melee being used in sci-fi. But either way, it got me thinking: what kind of gun would Martians have in this universe? And how would they have gotten them in the first place? 

And then I ended up being stuck working on this instead of some of the pony art I wanted to do on my own time.

This was the end result. It’s a gauss weapon with simple ferromagnetic projectiles, cause I liked the idea of them having advanced technology that's used in a primitive way, which feels pretty in line with Warframe's influence from Frank Herbert. 

Anyway, this little photobash is made from the Hakim rifle, a couple Turkish jezails, and a Dragunov rifle. And some Native American stuff. Functionally, it’s meant to feel a lot like the 30-30 repeater from Apex. Just fed by stripper clips, cause I’m still a little sore about how long that takes. The shotgun mode was sort of an accident, as was the influence from the 30-30 repeater,  but it just… felt right somehow. 

I spent a lot of time balancing this against the Sybaris series, as I actually really enjoy my Dex Sybaris because of its hilarious hexacron riven, despite its damage not quite keeping pace with Warframe’s power creep. Buff its crit multiplier, DE. With the current meta, and my insistence on making it non-hitscan, I couldn’t make it weaker than a burst fire that does 150 damage per burst.

With luck, though, this thing’s slow rate of fire, slow rounds, and lower slash than both sybarises (Sybari?) should keep them both relevant.

The ideal backup for this would probably be something with a lot of bullets and/or rate of fire to compensate for how slow this is. Such as a Sepulcrum, a Rattleguts kitgun, or your machine pistol of choice. I’m not a machine pistol guy except for my Rattleguts and Akstiletto Prime, I don’t know what you use if you’re a machine pistol guy. Course, I’m a huge hypocrite that would probably bring his Akvasto Prime, Vasto Prime, tombfinger, Lex Prime, or Aklex Prime (I have good rivens for all but that last one) alongside this.

…Do beam pistols like the Kuva Nukor count as machine pistols? Cause if so that would also be a good backup for this. The Sadus is slow, and it’s best complemented by something fast. Possibly with lots of crowd control.

Also, fun fact about the name: Sadus is the Fremen word for Judge, and Hakim also means judge. Since this uses parts from the Hakim rifle, this just felt right.
  • Like 2

On 2022-03-16 at 1:03 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Martian 'Sadus' Hunting Rifle

“A semiautomatic, caseless, stripper-clip fed gauss hunting rifle of Orokin design, found in the hands of Martian tribesmen during the first Grineer invasion of Mars. Can fire a single precise shot, or a shotgunlike blast of shrapnel.

This was one of the only Martian weapons that could hurt - let alone kill - the Grineer invaders.”

Special Traits:
Charged Zoom - aiming for 0.35 seconds  automatically charges the next shot fired for up to 40% bonus damage.

martian__sadus__hunting_rifle_by_fluffyw

Like many post-Orokin civilizations of the Origin System, the Martian tribesmen found themselves on an uneven technological path. On the one hand, they were often armed with primitive spears and knives. 

On the other hand, some lucky few found themselves with the Sadus rifle - a gauss weapon designed for hunting, which fires ferromagnetic slugs. Primary fire launches a high-density ferromagnetic slug, while secondary fire transmutes the rounds into a shotgunlike storm of projectiles that punch through flesh with ease.

Aiming for 0.36 seconds will increase the weapon’s damage by 40%.

The weapon comes with a fixed magazine, which is reloaded through reusable stripper clips. Each of these hold five ferromagnetic slugs*. While ejecting the last round of a stripper clip, it makes a loud ‘ping’. These slugs are extremely easy to make - even for Martian tribesmen with only the scattered remnants of technology. This makes it somewhat similar to an ancient flintlock in that the bullets are extremely simple to make.

Originally built by the Orokin-era Martialis Armory, these weapons (among others) found their way into the hands of post-Collapse Martian civliians, be they sand people who hid in the canyons or displaced survivors of cities such as New Oxomoco.

The descendants of these ancient tribes and survivors would soon use it to repel Grineer invasions. Unlike most Tenno firearms, which prioritize high velocity rounds for maximum damage (the Boltor, Astilla, and Estampida being notable exceptions) the Sadus fires a comparatively slower-moving, larger-caliber round with high impact, punching through the tough, leathery hides of Martian fauna and pummeling organs. While this wasn’t especially useful against the mechanical limbs of the average Grineer, a single shot to the chest would incapacitate them… and a single shot to the white, easily noticeable faceplate would virtually always kill a Grineer.

Sadly, there weren’t enough Sadus rifles to go around to defend the whole planet. They were often destroyed once the Grineer got in close combat range.

Due to their rarity, Sadus rifles were nigh-priceless heirlooms. They took on a near reverential tone, accumulating various decorations such as scrimshawed bone and the feathers of Martian birds.

Luckily, Baro Ki’Teer has found the blueprints from Martialis Armory. And he will pay you money to kill Grineer with them.

I’m not even going to pretend to describe how the reload animation works. There’s a diagram. One thing I can tell you though is that it’s reloaded with two stripper clips - each of which take 1.6 seconds to reload. Each clip is equal to 50% of the magazine.

Stats:

• Trigger: Semi

• Magazine: 10

• Reload: 1.6x2 (3.2)

• Fire rate: 2.31s

Primary Fire:

• Non-Hitscan

• Damage: 160

• 75 Impact

• 35 puncture

• 50 Slash

• Status Chance: 18%

• Headshot Multiplier: 2.5x

Shotgun mode

• Pellets: 7

• Damage: 320

• 150 slash

• 70 impact 

• 100 puncture

• Status Chance: 13.5%

• Headshot Multiplier: 2.5x

• 100% damage up to 20m

• 30% damage at 36m

Artist notes

This all came about cause I’d been watching Dune. I kept seeing a bunch of fremen guns but not getting a good look at them. This… isn’t that much of a problem, cause it’s Dune, the property that probably codified melee being used in sci-fi. But either way, it got me thinking: what kind of gun would Martians have in this universe? And how would they have gotten them in the first place? 

And then I ended up being stuck working on this instead of some of the pony art I wanted to do on my own time.

This was the end result. It’s a gauss weapon with simple ferromagnetic projectiles, cause I liked the idea of them having advanced technology that's used in a primitive way, which feels pretty in line with Warframe's influence from Frank Herbert. 

Anyway, this little photobash is made from the Hakim rifle, a couple Turkish jezails, and a Dragunov rifle. And some Native American stuff. Functionally, it’s meant to feel a lot like the 30-30 repeater from Apex. Just fed by stripper clips, cause I’m still a little sore about how long that takes. The shotgun mode was sort of an accident, as was the influence from the 30-30 repeater,  but it just… felt right somehow. 

I spent a lot of time balancing this against the Sybaris series, as I actually really enjoy my Dex Sybaris because of its hilarious hexacron riven, despite its damage not quite keeping pace with Warframe’s power creep. Buff its crit multiplier, DE. With the current meta, and my insistence on making it non-hitscan, I couldn’t make it weaker than a burst fire that does 150 damage per burst.

With luck, though, this thing’s slow rate of fire, slow rounds, and lower slash than both sybarises (Sybari?) should keep them both relevant.

The ideal backup for this would probably be something with a lot of bullets and/or rate of fire to compensate for how slow this is. Such as a Sepulcrum, a Rattleguts kitgun, or your machine pistol of choice. I’m not a machine pistol guy except for my Rattleguts and Akstiletto Prime, I don’t know what you use if you’re a machine pistol guy. Course, I’m a huge hypocrite that would probably bring his Akvasto Prime, Vasto Prime, tombfinger, Lex Prime, or Aklex Prime (I have good rivens for all but that last one) alongside this.

…Do beam pistols like the Kuva Nukor count as machine pistols? Cause if so that would also be a good backup for this. The Sadus is slow, and it’s best complemented by something fast. Possibly with lots of crowd control.

Also, fun fact about the name: Sadus is the Fremen word for Judge, and Hakim also means judge. Since this uses parts from the Hakim rifle, this just felt right.

I like the look of it, I would love to see some early post old war weapons that were used by the various proto factions after the collapse of the orokin empire. Though it wouldn't surprise me if the grineer were using the same stuff.

On 2022-03-18 at 7:34 PM, Neo3602 said:

I like the look of it, I would love to see some early post old war weapons that were used by the various proto factions after the collapse of the orokin empire. Though it wouldn't surprise me if the grineer were using the same stuff.

I didn't think about that, but that's... a really interesting idea. I'll keep that in mind.

Also, the Grineer were almost certainly using the same stuff. I think it was sort of an Imperium of Man situation where they started out with a goldmine of archeotech but the longer they reigned, the less common it became. Partly because they found simpler, (sometimes) less effective solutions, and partly because it started breaking and nobody knew how to make it work.

grineer_assault_rifle_with_grenade_launc

Shooped this together in the last 3 hours cause I got bored, partly cause @Neo3602 said it'd be neat to have weapons that are modified versions of extant guns. The more angled stock is a reference to the original AK-47. Originally, I was gonna make this just a shorter, cut-down Karak, but I added in the grenade launcher cause I got bored.

Not a hundred percent sure what the functionality is here. I'm thinking maybe 2-round auto burst with about 30ish damage, a fire rate of 10, and a bit more of a focus on status to differentiate it from most of the assault rifles and LMGs I've made. Also not sure what the grenade launcher does. It'll work like the Euston's launcher for Maximum Fun, but I don't want it to be airburst (in the sense that it automatically detonates in midair in proximity to an enemy) cause, well, I straight up did that already.

Might work like the Kulstar.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

grineer_assault_rifle_with_grenade_launc

Shooped this together in the last 3 hours cause I got bored, partly cause @Neo3602 said it'd be neat to have weapons that are modified versions of extant guns. The more angled stock is a reference to the original AK-47. Originally, I was gonna make this just a shorter, cut-down Karak, but I added in the grenade launcher cause I got bored.

Not a hundred percent sure what the functionality is here. I'm thinking maybe 2-round auto burst with about 30ish damage, a fire rate of 10, and a bit more of a focus on status to differentiate it from most of the assault rifles and LMGs I've made. Also not sure what the grenade launcher does. It'll work like the Euston's launcher for Maximum Fun, but I don't want it to be airburst (in the sense that it automatically detonates in midair in proximity to an enemy) cause, well, I straight up did that already.

Might work like the Kulstar.

I like it. It really would be interesting to see more families of weapons like the Cernos with it's various incarnations that all do their own thing. 

• Like 1

Something I've wanted for a while is a generalised set of attachments for assault rifles to differentiate them beyond stat variation. I like it as a mockup of how that could play out. Since realistic attachments is a very short list, combi weapons from 40k fit the bill quite well for other alternative offensive options.

Edited by Teoarrk
  • Like 3