Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

1 hour ago, qq2624790014 said:

The Talos, a strange heavy musket axe designed and built by a Tenno named Saine, is also the iconic weapon of Vulcan, and consists mainly of a wide, sharp axe blade and a special axe handle, with a cannon at its top for firing fiery projectiles. Destruction is synonymous with Talos, in the continuous chopping mixed with destructive shells, these shells are enough to clear all obstacles in front of you, but the powerful destructive power also comes with a drawback, Talos swing speed than its brother "gun blade" to be much slower, but also only when held with two hands Only with a two-handed grip can this heavy weapon be barely held in the hand. Well, maybe only Vulcan can handle this heavy musket axe.

When you see someone trying to attack you with Talos from a distance, you should take cover as soon as possible (Hope you won't be blown to dust by Talos' shells). But don't try to fight him physically either, Talos' axe blade can split your head in half like a splitting watermelon.

Stats

Type: Musket Axe

Slot: Melee

Attack Speed: 0.833

Range: 2.6m

Combo Duration: 5s

Block Angle: 55°

Follow Through: 60%

Normal Attack

Damage: 220.0

Slash: 170.0

Impact: 35.0

puncture: 15.0

Crit Chance: 32%

Crit Multiplier: 2.4×

Status Chance: 16%

Shooting(Cannonball bump)

Damage: 15.0(Impact)

Number of shrapnel: 1

Crit Chance: 10%

Crit Multiplier: 1.8×

Status Chance: 30%

Projectiles type: Projectiles

Shooting(Artillery shell explosion)

Number of shrapnel: 1

Damage: 1000.0

Blast: 800.0

Heat: 200.0

Crit Chance: 32%

Crit Multiplier: 2.4×

Status Chance: 16%

Penetration: 0.0m

Projectile type: Range Strike

Range: 3.5m

Damage Decay: 100% damage within 0.0m, 50% damage outside 3.5m

Trigger type: Charged

Slam Attack: 660.0

Slam ranged attack: 220.0

Slam range: 8.0m

Slam Damage: 1320.0

Wind-up: 0.5s

Slam Damage: 1320.0

Heavy slam range damage: 1320.0

Heavy slam Range: 9.0m

Radial Damage: 440.0

7f115f87be7f3c0a.jpg

While I do like the art, I think you might be better served by making a thread of your own (as you did there I guess) where you post this stuff.

This does look really good btw

• Like 1

31分钟前 , (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 说:

While I do like the art, I think you might be better served by making a thread of your own (as you did there I guess) where you post this stuff.

This does look really good btw

Sorry, I thought this was a thread dedicated to posting such works (I've seen a lot of them here, but didn't pay attention to who posted them)

:( 

Awhile ago, the Haoma's original perk was "explosions on headshot kills" instead of "extra ammo on kills." This Tenno rifle or LMG here is probably going to be the one that does cause explosions on headshots. 

If only because I think having an automatic weapon that comes with perks and is meant to be used sort of like a precise semiauto rifle (except you hold the trigger instead of fanning it) is very, very funny to me. I'm thinking definitely less fire rate than (fully spooled) Soma Prime, but less ammo as well. And more muzzle climb.

IMG-3636.jpg?width=717&height=537

• Like 2

On 2022-04-11 at 4:24 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Awhile ago, the Haoma's original perk was "explosions on headshot kills" instead of "extra ammo on kills." This Tenno rifle or LMG here is probably going to be the one that does cause explosions on headshots. 

If only because I think having an automatic weapon that comes with perks and is meant to be used sort of like a precise semiauto rifle (except you hold the trigger instead of fanning it) is very, very funny to me. I'm thinking definitely less fire rate than (fully spooled) Soma Prime, but less ammo as well. And more muzzle climb.

IMG-3636.jpg?width=717&height=537

I like the look of that.

13 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

I like the look of that.

Thanks! It's sort of a mix of various Adeptus Mechanicus guns, (specifically the Stubcarbine) and the Dark Eldar Hexrifle, along with the Gerund Assault Rifle from Brink and the assault rifle from FEAR 1.

Spoiler

G2A2.PNG

brink-nerf2.jpg

(I like the receiver shape.

Stubcarbine.jpg

dark_eldar_wracks_hexrifle_large.jpg

(that's a hexrifle)

Also, since you and @Unus asked about that crossbow idea, I actually made a rough sketch. Originally it was going to be Tenno, but midway through it took on this Covenant Plasma Pistol-inspired look, and I figured "I have a lot of Tenno pistols, why not make it a Cephalon gun?"

Here's what I got so far.

Rough sketch of Cephalon Crossbow

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Thanks! It's sort of a mix of various Adeptus Mechanicus guns, (specifically the Stubcarbine) and the Dark Eldar Hexrifle, along with the Gerund Assault Rifle from Brink and the assault rifle from FEAR 1.

Hide contents

G2A2.PNG

brink-nerf2.jpg

(I like the receiver shape.

Stubcarbine.jpg

dark_eldar_wracks_hexrifle_large.jpg

(that's a hexrifle)

Also, since you and @Unus asked about that crossbow idea, I actually made a rough sketch. Originally it was going to be Tenno, but midway through it took on this Covenant Plasma Pistol-inspired look, and I figured "I have a lot of Tenno pistols, why not make it a Cephalon gun?"

Here's what I got so far.

Rough sketch of Cephalon Crossbow

Crossbow looks interesting and I can definitely see why you're getting plasma pistol vibes from it.

1 hour ago, Neo3602 said:

Crossbow looks interesting and I can definitely see why you're getting plasma pistol vibes from it.

The pistol that inspired it has a sort of plasma pistol-ish silhouette cause you have a something that looks almost like a magazine in between two blocks (have you ever noticed the Halo Plasma Pistol looks sort of like it has a kalashnikov's banana mag in the middle? Is it just me?).

blake-cole-altered-carbon-mkiii.jpg?1527

This is a (relatively) accurate 3D model of how it turned out in the show.

I ended up trying to add some curved structures to the bottom to homage it, but it felt a little too chunky to be Tenno. Then I just decided to make it Cephalon and roll with the Plasma Pistol vibes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

schwiftpost status

Screenshot_251.png?width=970&height=545

At first glance I've read the image left to right and tought it was a corpus javelin. Them I saw rhe mock up  os the use and realised how could I read ir so wrong.

Interesting grip choice. BTW primary kit guns is a thing that's taking a surprinsly long while to come.

2 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Looks like what I wish kitgun primaries were.

The original idea wasn't a kitgun - more something that uses a bunch of similar construction techniques to Rude Zuud - but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in that. A Rattleguts with a resemblance to a P90 is intriguing, at least. I'd probably have to extend the receiver a lot to make that work, but it is intriguing.

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

At first glance I've read the image left to right and tought it was a corpus javelin. Them I saw rhe mock up  os the use and realised how could I read ir so wrong.

Interesting grip choice. BTW primary kit guns is a thing that's taking a surprinsly long while to come.

I realized pretty quickly that I needed the mockup - I keep having this weird mental block that makes me think it's longer than it is. I blame the size of the "grip," and the fact that I have not.... done anything to make the grip look more ergonomic. I should do that at some point. Add some cloth wraps over the pistol grip or something.As for the grip choice, I can explain that easily - see, the Prowler from Apex Legends is sort of a P90 homage, and I was looking at the season 11 battle pass skin and thinking about how Destiny 1 scout rifles have this P90-like furniture. Then I decided to combine it with the Lorentz Driver.

Spoiler

Fatal-Attraction.jpg

The science behind Destiny 2's Lorentz Driver weapon | Space

The handguard is a bit off, I should maybe do something about that.

Solaris United / Level Dawn "Gravepuncher" Volt Rifle

“Level Dawn-modified Tombfinger-based kitgun. Instead of projectiles that explode on impact, the Gravepuncher hurls ball lightning through targets, electrocuting anything in a short range of whatever it hits. Tap altfire so it explodes on contact with anything!
--Codex

Special Traits:
Does guaranteed electric procs on direct hits.

solaris_level_dawn__gravepuncher__volt_r

LORE

A custom Kitgun build from Level Dawn, an anti-Corpus organization based in the Jovians. It's often nicknamed 'The Volter' by some of its users.

Unlike its counterpart, the Zenban, which borders on being a semiautomatic assault rifle on account of its large mag, it has no stealth whatsoever. Thankfully, the Level Dawn saboteurs and agitators who utilize it rarely bring it out in circumstances where stealth is required.

In primary fire, it hurls a ball of lightning with virtually unlimited enemy punch-through that explodes on walls and hard surfaces, dealing a guaranteed electrical proc on whatever it hits. Secondary fire is closer to the tombfinger kitguns from which it was designed - it fires slower, less-stable ball lightning that explodes on impact with anything it hits…. And also deals a guaranteed electric proc on impact. This last one is especially damaging for crowd control - because not only does it have an explosive radius, but it also electrocutes anything within said radius.

High-velocity, armor-piercing mode actually has better zoom, while explosive mode has much more typical zoom for a non-scoped weapon.

It’s typically used for sniping, antimateriel work, and strategic anti-Proxy fighting in a role somewhere between rocket launcher and sniper rifle. It has considerable overlap with the role of the Zenban, which flits between sniper and battle rifle.

It’s not actually as large as it looks in the pictures (as one can see by the mockup of a Tenno holding one) but it is pretty large by the standards of Solaris kitguns. Solaris kitguns are often built from easily-disguised components and pieces of power tools. The result is that they’re often concealable, easy to strip, and highly portable.

The Gravepuncher…. Is not. As Rude Zuud puts it:

“Eyeball this murderizer, outworlder! Right from the Red Eye itself. Those Level Dawn coves took apart my irons and sent this thing back to me, I was right pissed, but we took it out in the range - turns out it’s great against the taxmen. Anything it hits gets electrocuted. Not so good for stealth, but lekker for any time you don’t need to go unseen.”

The grip is easily the size of another firearm, it boasts a barrel almost as long as a Prova, and its discharges are enormous, glowing spheres of ball lightning that make your position extremely clear.

This is emblematic of the biggest difference between Solaris United and Level Dawn. SU has to stay concealed and use subtlety, in addition to typically being in close quarters - LD do not. Level Dawn engages in far more planetside runs than Solaris United, who are more often found in spaceships and the catacombs of Venus. Unlike Solaris United, Level Dawn also have Jovian rigs of their own, sometimes purchased legally and owned as worker co-ops.

And in addition, they no longer have anything near the Solari’s faith in Granum or Anyo’s Temple of Profit - they despise the Corpus prosperity gospel, and wish to destroy it with immense abhorrence. The most extreme of their number have a somewhat strained relationship with the Solaris, being openly contemptuous for what they see as sucking up to the system. 

But, Solaris U is Level Dawn’s greatest ally in their fight against the Corpus from within - an ally they desperately need, given that Corpus propaganda has reached a fever pitch. Even now, the Corpus portray themselves as the true heirs to the Orokin, beset by Sentients, a barely sentient horde of decaying clones, and Tenno “barbarians” on all sides. That if they fell, they would drag the Origin System into a new dark age…. Which is interesting, given that most of those who survived the Orokin era or learned history from outside the Corpus or Grineer perspective consider the current era to be a Dark Age. In addition, they’re touting the current post-Narmer era as the Fifth Great Corpus Expansion. And you wouldn’t want to go against that, would you?

Stats

• Ammo Pool: Rifle
  • Trigger: semi
  • Fire Rate: 2
  • Reload: 3s
  • Magazine: 14 

Penetrator

• Impact
  • Non-Hitscan
  • Damage:  180
    •   100 Impact
    •  20 Puncture
    • 60 Slash
  • Critical Chance: 38%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
  • Status Chance: 24%
  • Forced Procs: Electric
  • Enemy Punch-Through: Yes
  • Object Punch-Through: No

Area attacks

• Damage: 60 Electric
  • Critical Chance: 38%
  • Radius: 4m

Explosive
Impact

• Non-Hitscan
  • Damage:  80
    •      50 Impact
    •   20 Slash
    •     10 Puncture
  • Critical Chance: 45%

Area attacks

• Damage: 180
    • 140 Electric
    • 40 Impact
  • Radius: 6m

Artist Notes

First of all: IT’S MY BIRTHDAY, YAY

Secondly: This was a bit less planned than normal. 

This was originally just a mismash of the battle pass Prowler SMG, the Lorentz Driver, and kitgun parts. This was always intended to fire lightning, for…. Some reason. I cannot say why. I think I had the Arclite’s guaranteed electric procs in mind along with a provision for what happens if you add punch-through.

Normally I’d have it shoot radiation, but I felt (for some reason) as if I’d already made enough status-focused AoE semiautos, so I made this crit (with decent status. Just in case). Altfire was also an accident, created just in case the players wanted to use it like a normal AoE weapon. Ultimately, it's less important that you damage enemies with explosive ammo

The blue and pink colors are Level Dawn’s signature colors - I wanted something that felt close to Solaris United’s blue and orange, but just different enough.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Solaris United / Level Dawn "Gravepuncher" Volt Rifle

“Level Dawn-modified Tombfinger-based kitgun. Instead of projectiles that explode on impact, the Gravepuncher hurls ball lightning through targets, electrocuting anything in a short range of whatever it hits. Tap altfire so it explodes on contact with anything!
--Codex

Special Traits:
Does guaranteed electric procs on direct hits.

solaris_level_dawn__gravepuncher__volt_r

LORE

A custom Kitgun build from Level Dawn, an anti-Corpus organization based in the Jovians. It's often nicknamed 'The Volter' by some of its users.

Unlike its counterpart, the Zenban, which borders on being a semiautomatic assault rifle on account of its large mag, it has no stealth whatsoever. Thankfully, the Level Dawn saboteurs and agitators who utilize it rarely bring it out in circumstances where stealth is required.

In primary fire, it hurls a ball of lightning with virtually unlimited enemy punch-through that explodes on walls and hard surfaces, dealing a guaranteed electrical proc on whatever it hits. Secondary fire is closer to the tombfinger kitguns from which it was designed - it fires slower, less-stable ball lightning that explodes on impact with anything it hits…. And also deals a guaranteed electric proc on impact. This last one is especially damaging for crowd control - because not only does it have an explosive radius, but it also electrocutes anything within said radius.

High-velocity, armor-piercing mode actually has better zoom, while explosive mode has much more typical zoom for a non-scoped weapon.

It’s typically used for sniping, antimateriel work, and strategic anti-Proxy fighting in a role somewhere between rocket launcher and sniper rifle. It has considerable overlap with the role of the Zenban, which flits between sniper and battle rifle.

It’s not actually as large as it looks in the pictures (as one can see by the mockup of a Tenno holding one) but it is pretty large by the standards of Solaris kitguns. Solaris kitguns are often built from easily-disguised components and pieces of power tools. The result is that they’re often concealable, easy to strip, and highly portable.

The Gravepuncher…. Is not. As Rude Zuud puts it:

“Eyeball this murderizer, outworlder! Right from the Red Eye itself. Those Level Dawn coves took apart my irons and sent this thing back to me, I was right pissed, but we took it out in the range - turns out it’s great against the taxmen. Anything it hits gets electrocuted. Not so good for stealth, but lekker for any time you don’t need to go unseen.”

The grip is easily the size of another firearm, it boasts a barrel almost as long as a Prova, and its discharges are enormous, glowing spheres of ball lightning that make your position extremely clear.

This is emblematic of the biggest difference between Solaris United and Level Dawn. SU has to stay concealed and use subtlety, in addition to typically being in close quarters - LD do not. Level Dawn engages in far more planetside runs than Solaris United, who are more often found in spaceships and the catacombs of Venus. Unlike Solaris United, Level Dawn also have Jovian rigs of their own, sometimes purchased legally and owned as worker co-ops.

And in addition, they no longer have anything near the Solari’s faith in Granum or Anyo’s Temple of Profit - they despise the Corpus prosperity gospel, and wish to destroy it with immense abhorrence. The most extreme of their number have a somewhat strained relationship with the Solaris, being openly contemptuous for what they see as sucking up to the system. 

But, Solaris U is Level Dawn’s greatest ally in their fight against the Corpus from within - an ally they desperately need, given that Corpus propaganda has reached a fever pitch. Even now, the Corpus portray themselves as the true heirs to the Orokin, beset by Sentients, a barely sentient horde of decaying clones, and Tenno “barbarians” on all sides. That if they fell, they would drag the Origin System into a new dark age…. Which is interesting, given that most of those who survived the Orokin era or learned history from outside the Corpus or Grineer perspective consider the current era to be a Dark Age. In addition, they’re touting the current post-Narmer era as the Fifth Great Corpus Expansion. And you wouldn’t want to go against that, would you?

Stats

• Ammo Pool: Rifle
  • Trigger: semi
  • Fire Rate: 2
  • Magazine: 14 

Penetrator

• Impact
  • Non-Hitscan
  • Damage:  180
    •   100 Impact
    •  20 Puncture
    • 60 Slash
  • Enemy Punch-Through: Yes
  • Object Punch-Through: No

Area attacks

• Damage: 60 Electric

Explosive
Impact

• Non-Hitscan
  • Damage:  160
    •      91 Impact
    •   46 Slash
    •     23 Puncture

Area attacks

• Damage: 80 Electric

Artist Notes

This was originally just a mismash of the battle pass Prowler SMG, the Lorentz Driver, and kitgun parts. This was always intended to fire lightning, for…. Some reason. I cannot say why. I think I had the Arclite’s guaranteed electric procs in mind along with a provision for what happens if you add punch-through.

Normally I’d have it shoot radiation, but I felt (for some reason) as if I’d already made enough status-focused AoE semiautos, so I made this crit (with decent status. Just in case). Altfire was also an accident, created just in case the players wanted to use it like a normal AoE weapon. Ultimately, it's less important that you damage enemies with explosive ammo

The blue and pink colors are Level Dawn’s signature colors - I wanted something that felt close to Solaris United’s blue and orange, but just different enough.

Happy Birthday!

Cool looking weapon, I'm assuming due to the fact that the penetrator mode is used for sniping that it has a fast projectile speed for a non-hitscan weapon?

12 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Artist Notes

Happy birthday 

This was originally just a mismash of the battle pass Prowler SMG, the Lorentz Driver, and kitgun parts. This was always intended to fire lightning, for…. Some reason. I cannot say why. I think I had the Arclite’s guaranteed electric procs in mind along with a provision for what happens if you add punch-throug

and pink colors are Level Dawn’s signature colors - I wanted something that felt close to Solaris United’s blue and orange, but just different enough

I really like the color scheme and details. These details really make it feel like it was put together by hand with a lot off care. 

16 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Happy Birthday!

Cool looking weapon, I'm assuming due to the fact that the penetrator mode is used for sniping that it has a fast projectile speed for a non-hitscan weapon?

Probably! I'm never sure how to write out projectile speed in this game. 

Though it's less sniping and more about marksmanship with an explosive projectile.

13 hours ago, Unus said:

Happy birthday suh, it’s a bit late, I know, but ear infection and all that.

Congratulations on making it another year on ol Earth!

Thanks so much, dood! I'm not often good at showing it, but you deserve to know this: I do love your work.

10 hours ago, keikogi said:

I really like the color scheme and details. These details really make it feel like it was put together by hand with a lot off care. 

Thanks! I've loved using blue and pink contrast together ever since I first played Hotline Miami. In fact, this is actually how I paint at least one of my kitguns. If it isn't, I'm gonna go do this with my Tombfinger builds tonight.

Though it was a little less "put together with a lot of care" and more "hammer it together and hope against hope that it works." Not unlike most of the improvised firearms (there's a lot) on this thread.

• Like 1

Since the next four finished weapon ideas I have are all Tenno,, and since I haven't spent much of 2022 posting from canon factions that aren't Tenno, (two Grineer guns, two from factions that don't exactly have established weaponry)  I decided to post a canon faction gun next

Screenshot_255.png?width=888&height=499

(Here's a mockup of sorts for how it'll look. Obviously, it's not done yet, there's still a lot of coloring and shading that needs doing.)

...well, techincally not a gun. Sort of. It's a crossbow, but it uses an advanced Cephalon something-or-other to magnetically fire ferromagnetic bolts.

"Patterned after an Orokin-designed assassin's pistol crossbow that fired bolts tipped with Void-Glass, this Cephalon-designed pistol can be used for construction and, surprisingly, wildlife conservation. Most notably, it can magnetically recall its ammunition from targets back into the mag, dealing damage to any enemy it hits on return."

Originally this was gonna be an Orokin design that fired bolts tipped with void-glass, but uhhh... let's just say that'll be a skin for this. I went into this at some point, but I was having more fun making it a Cephalon version, and it was starting to feel too bulky, too interchangeable with the Ballistica, so it became a Cephalon gun.

• Like 2

UPDORT

So, two things. That Cephalon crossbow is coming today, I just wanted to post this quick update beforehand.

ONE

So, I now have a LAETUM. (Yey)

And I was looking over Brozime's video, about the Laetum's evolution, the perks it has... which, as I type this, doesn't actually seem that different from the stuff I've been putting in under Special Traits. I'm not saying that every weapon I've made, every weapon that is extant in the current game, including the MK1 versions and the Grineer ones should have a 1200% damage bonus like the Laetum, but...

I do like that it could make WF's weapons feel just that much more unique, as WF's builds often feel a bit paint-by-numbers. This is why I often go for Rivens with elements, so I can still have Primed Shred on my weaponry or something.

It actually reminds me a bit of Aliens Fireteam. See, that game has three attachments you can add to each weapon, divided into small, medium, and large, along with rifling, the armatures for heavy weaponry, it'd take too long to explain. And it also has a set of perks you gain as you level up the weapons. For example, the revolver (one of my three favorite pistols in the game) has a set of perks dedicated to giving it a guaranteed impact proc. You can also create some funny interactions between certain perks and attachments. For example, the Recon class does bonus damage on Revealed enemies, you can put on a sight that Reveals enemies in a small radius of one you've shot, and you can put on a muzzle that causes shots to explode on headshots. This is all very funny together and can earn  you some multi kills with a semiautomatic rifle. Fun stuff.

It could, perhaps, be interesting to add some of that feel to WF. Cause again... modding in this game is often pretty paint-by-numbers. I already know what your Crit build looks like, ADRIAN

(your name probably isn't Adrian but it was worth it to freak out the Adrians of the world)

Perhaps I'll experiment with this in the future - but then, maybe I won't. With some of the pistol arcanes and Riven I've used, along with others like the Sepulcrum and my Tombfinger build (it has Hemorrhage!) being Just That Good, maybe I don't have to add more.

But it does intrigue me.

TWO

(and arguably least important)

The Spartoi now does a bonus explosion equal to 20% of hit damage on headshots. This now means that headshot kills can cause five explosions without multishot. So probably about 20 with galvanized diffusion. 

On 2021-09-01 at 1:16 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno/Entrati "Spartoi" Pistol

tenno_entrati__spartoi__pistol_by_fluffy

“A hybrid of Tenno and Entrati weaponry, designed after the Tenno Wakening by Haruka Lorne and Father. It’s a pistol-sized cluster bomb launcher that lags behind most other explosives
in terms of damage, but stands head and shoulders above them in terms of sheer number of explosions.” 

Codex

Special Traits
Releases explosions on headshot kills
* Headshots deal 20% bonus damage on impact and cause cluster bomblets to home in on other enemies

Lore

Claiming something is the most powerful pistol in the Tenno arsenal is… subjective. The Depezador hits like a truck after sufficient work, the Naga can devastate entire rooms with silent and not-so-silent headshots, the Estampida punches through heads like nothing else, the Sepulcrum roars through enemies, Pandero Prime and Lex Prime hit with the punch of some rifles, the Largo fires explosive incendiaries, and the Vasto Prime…. Isn’t that powerful, but it causes intense bleeding and it’s really funny to use with a Riven. There’s more, but this is getting too long.

The Spartoi isn’t the most powerful, but it’s a contender. It fires tiny cluster warheads that explode on impact…. And explode into three tiny warheads. Headshots deal bonus damage on impact, and cause these bomblets to seek out enemies. Using Entrati technology, headshot kills also cause explosions.

There’s just one problem: It’s… slow. Not unusably so, but you’d have an easier time using smaller, more manageable explosive sidearms like the Hiro, various kitguns, Largo, and Sepulcrum. They fire faster and travel faster.

Once you’ve gotten past that one downside and its low rate of fire, there’s nothing quite like firing the Spartoi and making everything explode all the time. It helps that it’s very accurate, even in hipfire, with less spread than comparable weapons like the Sepulcrum or Kulstar.

There’s one other thing that’s notable about it: It’s one of the extraordinarily few Tenno weapons built by the Tenno after the Tenno Wakening, with input from Father, Rude Zuud, and at least one Ganymedean factory. It’s far outside the price range of the average Origin System denizen…

But to a Tenno, with the resources of the Old War and a large sum of questionably acquired credits, well, it’s accessible enough.

Stats

• Trigger Type: Semi
  • Ammo Type: Secondary
  • Projectile
  • Noise Level: Alarming
  • Fire Rate: 6
  • Magazine: 9
  • Total Damage: 206

Impact:

Rocket Explosion

Cluster Bombs

ARTIST NOTES:

I was considering giving this a homing siphon altfire like the Sepulcrum, but…. Do I really want to be responsible for this thing throwing out about 27 explosions in one shot? Especially if it has Rivens and/or Galvanized Mods. It wasn’t a good idea.

Originally I didn’t plan on posting this just yet. But as it was, it was going to take too long to make a new post, I couldn’t think of a siphon altfire that was a good idea, and it’s genuinely hard to think of gimmicks that work well for precise, single-target shooting in this game, especially when I’ve found myself using the Sepulcrum and Amprex more and more nowadays.

(Though I do have yet another decent revolver idea I plan on at some point.)

This thing is sort of a bizarre amalgam of… a number of pistols. It’s meant to feel kind of like a bolter (you load it from the front, it feels baroque…)  but there’s influences from some Altered Carbon concept art (I liked the idea of the octagonal barrel being curved) and the Bergman 1895, also the Joch Bolter from Outer Worlds. There was definitely a joke in there somewhere.

The fact that this is essentially a weaker Kulstar is weird, and I don’t quite know what I was going for on this one. I think I just wanted something like a Kitgun that allowed the projectiles from that one arcane to be affected by multishot.

• Like 1

Cephalon 'Atlacor' Crossbow

"Patterned after an Orokin-designed assassin's pistol crossbow that fired bolts tipped with Void-Glass, this Cephalon-designed pistol can be used for construction and, surprisingly, wildlife conservation. Most notably, it can magnetically recall its ammunition from targets back into the mag, dealing damage to any enemy it hits on return."
Codex

cephalon__atlacor__crossbow_by_fluffywol

Codex

Special Traits: Recall - recalls bolts fired back into the magazine when you tap the reload button, arcing back towards you and damaging enemies in their path. Bolts are recalled faster when the weapon is holstered.
   Kills with this weapon increase melee attack speed.

Lore
One of the oddest weapons in the Cephalon arsenal, Suda operatives typically use the Atlacor for an eclectic array of tasks. It can be used as an improvised rivet gun, it can be used to tag or track wildlife…

But these are more incidental than anything to its earlier niche: An Orokin-era assassination weapon firing bolts tipped with Void-Glass, nano-substrate, and other strange materials too precious to use in simple, disposable ammo.

Not unlike the Paris Prime, in place of a bowstring, it has a magnetic accelerator. This allows it to hurl ferromagnetic bolts at high velocity, embedding its ammunition in enemies and causing high slash damage. (or perhaps puncture if it’s been built for less-lethal usage) Holding down the trigger increases the velocity, stopping power, and punch-through of a bolt, hurling it through multiple enemies with little sign of stopping.

Once the magazine is expended, the weapon is capable of recalling every bolt fired back into its magazine, punching through enemies and light cover on the way. It even does this while holstered* - a Tenno can fire the entire magazine into a crowd of maddened Grineer, engage them in melee, and attract bolts to them that punch through unfortunate melee combatants from behind.

The bolts actually teleport into the mag within a short radius of the Tenno - if they get close enough ot the bolts, they’re automatically picked up,

The Tenno Thane McCrinn, in his guise as an Ash Prime, once used this weapon to assault the fortress of the Inok Remnants on Hyperion. It was one of the few moments that led to a genuine agreement between the Orokin and early Corpus, as both agreed that Inok needed to be removed. Not only had the Inok been violating the 401st and 632nd legem by stealing Old War salvage, but they had begun to experiment with Sentient technology - and, it was rumored, they had forged a pact with the Sentient Vacabhan to create a project hidden within the Keeler Gap. They’d also become a competitor to Granum’s dominance of the outer Origin System.

In his assault, Thane - keenly using his improvisational skills, Blade Storm, an Orvius, and a Specter Particle rifle of Early Corpus design - used the Orokin-made version of the Atlacor to convince the guards for the Inok Patron that an entire Tenno squad was attacking, causing them to run in fear and lose all cohesion.

This made the Patron an extremely easy target, with their guards (the Patron was nonbinary) firing ancient, semilegal las-blast weaponry and Old War projectile firearms everywhere but Thane’s position.

Also, kills with this weapon increase melee attack speed for a short time.

* For this reason, it cannot use mods that reload it while holstered. 

Stats
Trigger: Charge
Magazine: 10
Reload: I’m not even going to try to balance this.
Fire rate: 2.9

Primary Fire:
Non-Hitscan
Damage: 138
75 Slash
40 puncture
23 Impact
Critical Chance: 20%
Critical Multiplier: 2.3x
Status Chance: 34%

Charged Shot
Non-Hitscan
Charge Time: 0.8s
Damage: 265.2
142.5 Slash
76  puncture
43.7 Impact
Critical Chance: 20%
Critical Multiplier: 2.3x
Status Chance: 34%
Punch-Through: 0.8m

Artist Notes

As inspired by Altered Carbon’s Ingram-40 Flechette Gun - or, for those of you that read the books, the Philips Squeeze Gun. Minus the Cephalon aesthetic, this is basically how that weapon works. It’s (somehow) capable of recalling ammunition back to its magazine. This seems liable to cause severe damage to the wielder…

…but it seemed cool and videogamey, so I was all like “eh.”

Originally, this was going to be an Orokin weapon firing Void-Glass crossbow bolts, inspired by some feedback from my WF thread. But I was trying to make the crossbow look interesting, I looked at the Plasma Pistol from Halo cause it felt like a good silhouette to homage, and it suddenly stopped feeling like it made sense as an Orokin gun or like it looked a little too much like the Ballistica Prime. It’s difficult to say which. Then, spur of the moment, I decided to make it a Cephalon weapon cause it’s been a long time since I drew that.

A lot of WF ideas I’ve been drawing lately have been either Tenno or from factions I’ve made up spur of the moment, so I like that this breaks things up a bit. Truthfully, I don’t think anybody really minds what weapons I do after another. This is mostly just for me so I shake it up, include variety, and don’t just turn the thread into something that basically stops being Warframe. Almost every time I created a fan work that grew to eclipse its original property in my mind, it’s caused the original universe to disappoint me. This happened back in my Runescape and Destiny 1 days, and I just barely avoided it with My Little Pony.

God, I love ponies.

So, I do stuff like this to break things up. 

To remind me that at the end of the day, it’s still Warframe. 

Aaaaaaand also to stop myself from making something with an aesthetic not unlike off-brand Destiny, which is something that genuinely worries me sometimes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

fired bolts tipped with Void-Glass, this Cephalon-designed pistol can be used for construction and, surprisingly, wildlife conservation. Most notably, it can magnetically recall its ammunition from targets back into the mag, dealing damage to any enemy it hits on return."
Codex

Special Traits: Recall - recalls bolts fired back into the magazine when you tap the reload button, arcing back towards you and damaging enemies in their path. Bolts are recalled faster when the weapon is holstered.

I really love the connection of lore and mechanic on this weapons. The whole recalls bullets make sense on a weapon the uses fairly exotic ammo. The melee attack speed is nice to have as well promotes weaving its use with melee as well.

7 hours ago, keikogi said:

I really love the connection of lore and mechanic on this weapons. The whole recalls bullets make sense on a weapon the uses fairly exotic ammo. The melee attack speed is nice to have as well promotes weaving its use with melee as well.

What's funny about it is that the attack speed bonus was sort of an afterthought - I was writing out how it could be used in conjunction with melee, and I was like "screw it, I think I'mma roll with this."

• Like 1

More Balance Passes

So, next weapon idea will... probably be posted by next tuesday or something. I actually have a couple of models done, but since the art computer is off in the shop, receiving a mostly cosmetic fix (it works fine, but it has a hole) I can just sort of fart out a finished B&W design. In the meantime, I've come up with a bit of small yet noticeable changes that should ideally make some weapons more fun - or inch them towards new niches.

Naga Revolver

• Silenced shots now have 48% status.
  • Why: Stealth as a meta in WF is... just not too relevant, and I can imagine someone easily using this without ever getting much mileage out of being invisible, or silenced shots - or even seeing the point. So adding 48% status to silent shots is meant to trick people into using the gimmick. Plus, consistently firing silent shots cuts its DPS by more than two thirds.
On 2019-05-02 at 9:16 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Naga' Gas-Seal Revolver

tenno__naga__hunting_revolver_by_haruaxe

“Prey on their fear, move like an animal, and feel the kill with the gas-seal Naga revolver. Pace your fire rate for precise, silent shots, or fire rapidly to clear entire rooms.

STATS
Damage - 117 
        Impact - 19
        Slash -  42
        Puncture - 56

Crit Chance - 32%
Crit multiplier - 2.8x
Status Chance - 18%
Headshot Multiplier:
         Unscoped: 2.2x
         Scoped: 2.5x
Capacity - 7
Reload Time - 2.1s
Fire Rate - 2.8
Trigger - Semi

Silenced Shots

Damage - 117 
        Impact - 19
        Slash -  42
        Puncture - 56

Crit Chance - 32%
Crit multiplier - 2.8x
Status Chance - 48%

special mechanics

Integral Suppressor - Waiting 0.8 seconds between shots will silence the next shot fired. This is represented by a charge-like icon within the reticle. Silenced shots have 48% status chance.
   (NOTE: This is not affected by Lethal Torrent. It just didn’t work. More on that later in artist notes)

Headshot Bonus: +20% headshot damage (in addition to the 2x headshot multiplier) when unscoped.
Hunter’s Grip - Turns you invisible on stealth kills and headshot kills.
Hunter’s Scope - Scope in by pressing altfire! This adds +40% headshot damage.

Jubal

• 2.2x Headshot multiplier has been removed
  • Why: It can already be made into an amprex with sufficient headshots. It also has decent full-auto, and I'm pretty sure there's nothing preventing headshot ricochets from heading back towards the original target. It does enough.

On 2021-06-27 at 12:13 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Jubal' Assault Rifle

“This caseless assault rifle, a distant relative of the Avakan rifle, was made as a gift for one of Haruka Lorne’s human lovers, Jubal the Smiler. It acts as, essentially, a larger, automatic version of the Adjudicas revolver, using successive hits to build up ricochets on headshots. It doesn’t have the sheer stopping power of the Adjudicas but it more than makes up for it with volume of fire.”
Codex

tenno__jubal__assault_rifle_by_fluffywol

Special Traits
Smart Choke: Pausing in between shots for up to 0.5 seconds (this is not affected by fire rate mods) while aimed causes the next trigger pull to fire two rounds simultaneously. Each deal 50% more damage and 20% more headshot damage for a total of 40% total headshot damage. 
Ricochet: Successive hits with this weapon (yes, this includes hitting multiple enemies with punch-through) cause bullets to ricochet to nearby enemies on headshots. The more successive shots you land with this weapon, the more enemies a bullet ricochets towards, for a total of five ricochets. Missing a shot resets the counter.
increased zoom - Tap Altfire for increased zoom!

Stats

• Trigger: Auto
  • Magazine: 50
  • Fire rate: 9.6
  • Reload: 2.6s
  • Damage: 32
  • Impact: 16
  • Slash: 10
  • Puncture: 6 
  • Critical Chance: 24%
  • Status Chance: 32%
  • Punch-Through: 0.8m

Avakan Prime

• Headshot Multiplier increased to 2.2x, status chance increased to 18%.
  • Why: Honestly, I felt like there might not have been as much differentiating it by now. It's got a funny burst gimmick, but with luck these two small buffs should make it a little more distinct. The Haoma still does more headshot damage (as it should) but it's much more dependent on headshots  than the Avakan. So far, the Avakan should feel powerful... but with lots of margin of error.
    • Plus, it has better slash damage than it has any right to, so this should help that stand out.

• On 2017-12-20 at 12:21 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

avakan_prime__and_avakan_tenno__by_harua

Avakan Prime (top)
    "This flexible, elegant rifle was commonly used by Dax soldiers and Tenno in operations against Sentients and rebels."

Stats

Trigger: Burst | Auto
    Damage: 38
     25 Impact, 8 Puncture, 5 Slash | 24 Slash, 4 Puncture, 10 Impact

Burst Count: 2 | N/A
    Fire Rate: 900 RPM | 500 RPM
    Punch Through: 0.4m | N/A
    Reload: 2.6s
    Magazine: 60
    Critical Chance: 16% | 28%
    Critical Multiplier: 2.8x| 2.4x
    Status Chance: 28% | 18%)

• Like 2

The Unwritten Tenet

Interesting find, Tenno. I see you brought the item I requested. One Tenet frame, filled with blank metal, ready to be engraved.

I can't quite blame the Grineer from this Iapetan digsite for not knowing what they had. Grineer archeologists... sure, Steel Meridian and your Lotus can snap up a few talented ones, persuade them that they'll be able to survive providing inconvenient findings. But they're not here to learn about history. They're here to find out how they can resurrect the power of a Sentient, rebuild the auto-foundries and shipyards. Ultimately, they're here to find better ways to kill and oppress.

So they don't know the significance of this.

This blank Tenet.

Most people know Granum's tenets. Most people grow up in the general area of Corpus Space, or in their sort of orbit.

"Fortune despises the idle man. Stasis is death. Always move forward."

"Be envious. Covet. Then take what you desire."

"Deception is the sword of wisdom. Be wise."

"Beware the idle man who would lull you back into idleness."

"Contentment is idleness. Desire inspires action. Nurture all desires."

"Money begets money."

"Charity is power. More charity is more power."

"Shun sentimentality. It is a weakness that binds the idle man."

"Fulfill desire and others will follow."

"Ours is the grasping golden hand. We are desire. We are Corpus."

I was raised Bidanian, and I personally... felt profoundly unsettled by all this stuff. Bidanians have a long history of oppression, of other religions predating the Orokin that preached peace and love and brotherhood to all but us. And this felt like all of them at once, mask off. It's like it's some kind of system designed to take the best man raised in it, and turn him into an utter monster.

But anyway. The Blank Tenet. These Corpus Tenets were often displayed in houses of worship, offices, lobbies, cafeterias - yes, I said houses of worship. As it happened, you could freely be Bidanian or Zessan or whatever in Corpus Space, as long as you contributed to the effort.

As long as you upheld the Blank Tenet.

Picture it - an Ancient Corpus office, at the top of a skyscraper so tall it was practically in orbit, ten Granum Tenets arrayed around the room... and one Blank Tenet, in a place of honor. These beautiful engravings, with a sheet of blank metal in a place of honor.

It's simpler than I'm making it sound. It wasn't a hard-and-fast rule or tenet, it was a collective mindset. You're aware of Temple Telamon, correct? The concept of resistance against the Orokin was such an impossibility that they worshiped a planet-killing asteroid. The Corpus carried on that sentiment, becoming the greatest empire outside the Orokin, providing a hope of something beyond serfdom and drudgery, of genuine comfort beyond the almost primitive, near pre-space existence that the Orokin enforced. Deep in the hearts of some of Granum's most ardent supporters - workers who had been little more than raw materials for the Orokin and felt rewarded personally by him - there was a dream to overthrow the Golden Lords once and for all, culturally if not politically.

It was almost as much of a part of being Ancient Corpus as any of Granum's other tenets.

But they couldn't say that, could they? Relationships between the Ancient Corpus and Orokin were strained at best. Including such a declaration of war couldn't be done.  

So Ancient Corpus movers and shakers included this blank eleventh tenet to represent this idea.

And they placed it among the other engravings. When Orokin ambassadors saw it, the response of the average Corpus executive was "Oh, it's not finished yet." Even if these executives lived a century between visits, it would still be there. Still unfinished.

This made some of the ambassadors livid, but they couldn't do anything about it. They couldn't risk another contrived proxy war over a Corpus holding a blank frame, could they?

Nowadays, some Corpus still uphold the tradition of having a blank tenet, but it's changed into something else. From "We are the sole bulwark against Orokin tyranny" to "We are the sole heirs to the Golden Lords, the sole bulwark against Infestation and feral clones." From a statement of resistance against the Long Winter that held the Origin System in frozen stagnation, to just another kind of tyranny.

How pointlessly tragic."

--Dr. Judau Torris.

• Like 2