Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Rai-dei Nodachi(1)

“One of the favorite swords of the Mad Dax Ori, and later the Tenno Haruka Lorne, this elegant Old War era nodachi was grafted from a Condrix and given only to those who mastered the Jigenzan-Ittou style. Performing a heavy attack with this weapon will cut through an enemy in its way and teleport you to an enemy a short distance away.”
Codex

Special Traits
Guaranteed Electric Proc on heavy attack kills. Bonus electric damage on slam attacks.

Heavy attacks (that exist as a sort of melee override) teleport you to nearby enemies, in addition to attacking any enemies in normal heavy attack range. They also have bonus electric damage.

tenno_sentient__rai_dei__nodachi_by_fluf

Lore

Sentient nano-substrate superconducts Void Energy. This is the guiding principle behind many Old War-era Sentient weapons used on disposable Fragments, and such common devices as Amps, a few Tenno firearms…

…but few Tenno weapons took it quite as far as the Rai-Dei. Using material grafted from a still-living Condrix, in addition to a Void Fresnel, the Rai-Dei superconducts the void energy resonating within a Frame and/or Tenno to fling them across the battlefield. Using a heavy attack with this weapon will teleport you to a nearby enemy within a short distance, even as you cut through a much closer target. Kills with heavy attacks will also cause a guaranteed electricity proc.

Currently, it’s a favorite sword for the Tenno Haruka Lorne and Thane McCrinn. Thane(2) ‌enjoys using it in concert with his Excalibur frame, alternating between Slash Dash and use of the Rai-Dei to turn enemies into chunks of electric-grilled meat. Any Tenno who masters this weapon can turn into a highly mobile storm of blades - moreso than usual anyway.

The main thing separating it from Excalibur’s Slash Dash is that unlike Slash Dash, it’s on a short cooldown of about six seconds. And, like all heavy attacks, it has a wind-up time, meaning you can only teleport about every 6.7 seconds. A regular Heavy Attack triggered before the cooldown is up is, well… a regular heavy attack. It’s not unlike a melee override from Borderlands.

Activating the heavy attack causes the weapon to open, revealing a hollow between the two segments of the blade. Greenish-blue lightning crackles from within this hollow.

It originally belonged to Ori, the Mad Dax. Best known for slicing a Sentient worm-ship in half that one time, Ori is perhaps one of the most storied non-Tenno figures of the Old War. He was a Dax blacksmith, swordmaster, and man-at-arms who frequently broke the tenets of Orokin bushi with little consequence. He drank, fathered several illegitimate children, disdained the Orokin often to their faces, and carried around an Estampida pistol and sawed-down Tigris Prime (or Cascabel) on each hip as a backup.

He was able to get away with this without suffering [REDACTED] for a number of reasons. Firstly, he was an expert sword instructor favored by both Ballas and the Lotus - who was, at the time, an enigmatic figure speculated to be an artificial human Ballas had created to pacify the Tenno(3) - and one of the few instructors the Tenno actually liked. Secondly, he had a great aptitude for designing melee weapons for Grineer and Tenno alike. Thirdly, he had suffered a traumatic brain injury when one of the Sentients slammed him into a wall, causing him to break most of his back and suffer a concussion. This, along with the Orokin painkillers he was given, damaged the mental conditioning and implants that forced subservience to high-ranking Orokin.

Partly due to his sense of duty to the untold numbers of Orokin Empire citizens who were being slaughtered en masse, and partly out of fear for what the Orokin would do to him if he retired, Ori pushed on alongside the Tenno. The Rai-Dei was a product of this period.

Despite his lack of expertise at making melee weaponry, Father Entrati helped consult Ori on making this sword. So great was the demand for this weapon (it was more effective when it was harvested from still-living Condrixes) that that Condrixes would often be turned into virtual fortresses to stave off the insatiable Tenno demand for new weaponry.

This also spawned the development of another weapon forged using Murex materials, but the Tenno haven’t rediscovered it yet(4).

Sadly, the Mad Dax Ori didn’t live to guide future Tenno as Teshin did. 

Footnotes cause I guess I do this now

(1) I’m not writing it out as a two-handed nikana. “Nodachi” is cooler. Plus, if you know swords, you know what a nodachi is.

(2) I envision Thane as looking somewhere between the average white haired anime pretty boy and Percival De Rolo. The thing that distinguishes him from Haruka is that while she’s a masculine woman who prefers male frames Thane is a feminine man who prefers female frames like Mesa, Valkyr, Saryn, or Garuda (and Excalibur). 

(3) Apparently in Star Wars, there was a lot of speculation as to what Darth Vader was. To quote the Tarkin book, there were rumors that he was a counterpart to the Confederacy’s General Grievous the Emperor had been holding in reserve; that he was an augmented human or near-human who had been trained or had trained himself in the ancient dark arts of the Sith; that he was nothing more than a monster fashioned in some clandestine laboratory”

It seemed like this would be a rational assumption of the Lotus. Why not, right?

(4)I don’t know what this would do. But it does sound kinda baller, right?

STATS (hoo bwoy)

General Information

•  Type Two-Handed Nikana
  •  Slot Melee 

Utility

•  Block Angle 55°
  •  Combo Duration 6 s
  • Attack Speed           1.02
  •  Follow Through 70%
  •  Range :                     2.8m
  •  Noise Level         Silent

Normal Attack 

• Damage: 200
    • 50 Impact
    • 30 Puncture
    • 120 Slash
  •  Crit Chance 30%
  •  Crit Multiplier 2.2x
  •  Attack Speed 1.03
  •  Noise Level Silent
  •  Status Chance 20%

Heavy Attack 

• Heavy Damage 1200 
  •  Slam Damage 1000
  •  Radial Damage 1000
  •  Slam Radius 7 m
  •  Wind-up 0.7 s

Teleport Heavy Attack 

• Heavy Damage 1000
  • 400 Electric
  •  Slam Damage 1000
  •  Radial Damage 1000
  •  Slam Radius 7 m
  •  Wind-up 0.7 s

Slam Attack

•  Slam Damage 600
  •  Slam Radius 7 m
  •  Radial Damage: 200 Electric

Slide Damage

Artist Notes

As inspired by Ash’s sword from Apex Legends, and me wondering “What happens if you cut through someone as you open a Phase Tear?” 

(This would actually be a really cool finisher.)

There was one other thing that spurred me on to making this. See, I enjoy Broken War a lot. But, in a move inspired by Mardin of Chatzuk’s Destiny 2 microfiction, none of the Tenno I’ve written - Haruka Lorne, Ginebra, Thane, Yassin - are the Main Character Tenno. So as a result, a lot of them haven’t built Broken (or Unbroken) War yet. Also, none of them have Excalibur Umbra. Because that would be weird. 

I guess I could have done the Tatsu (or even my Sepfahn build) but the Sepfahn isn’t as funny, and the Tatsu is….

I mean it isn’t unfun, but sometimes I feel like the gimmick of sliding to release projectiles isn’t that fun cause it doesn’t do that much damage. I still like it though. The Rai-Dei is built to be at least a little bit tailored to me - it has a funny gimmick, it has more crit, and funny movement.

Also, the name is both a Trigun reference and metal gear reference. Perfection. As part of this last thing, I listened to a classic Metal Gear Solid theme while making this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Guaranteed Electric Proc on heavy attack kills. Bonus electric damage on slam attacks.
Heavy attacks (that exist as a sort of melee override) teleport you to nearby enemies, in addition to attacking any enemies in normal heavy attack range. They also have bonus electric damage.

I absolutely love this perk 

tenno_sentient__rai_dei__nodachi_by_fluf

Lore

Sentient nano-substrate superconducts Void Energy. This is the guiding principle behind many Old War-era Sentient weapons used on disposable Fragments, and such common devices as Amps, a few Tenno firearms…

The visual desing is stellar simple , unique and reflects its in word lore.

8 minutes ago, keikogi said:

I absolutely love this perk 

Thanks =D It was pretty much the core of this  whole design. Originally it was "every heavy attack," but then I was like "Do I really want to lock people into dealing electric damage and make a better version of slash dash that anyone can use?" and then I decided to make it act like a melee override. This'll make it feel more impactful and less spammy.

16 minutes ago, keikogi said:

The visual desing is stellar simple , unique and reflects its in word lore.

Truthfully I actually worked backwards from the original drawing then wrote the lore.

• Like 1

Also, to SHAMELESSLY DRIVE UP ENGAGEMENT - I know I said it's basically Ash's sword from Apex Legends, but here's some visual context

Spoiler

FB_ZVNdXMA4l8vj-1024x1024.jpg

P2.png

It's basically that, as translated into a nodachi. I've always had this weird sort of affection for nodachis ever since I watched Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - it's got all the charm of both an oversized sword and a katana, while still maintaining the sense that it's something you don't need superhuman strength to wield. Plus, unsheathing them looks really cool.

gurren-lagann-kamiya.gif

Originally it was called the kaibunkotsu, as sort of a reference to both Ash and the fact that it's made from Sentient Bone, but I feel better about calling it the Rai-dei because it feels more descriptive, it's a reference to one of my most favorite anime (and manga) of all time.

There's just one thing on my mind as I post this. Since I mentioned this was made from a condrix.... are there any other weapons made from Sentient Bone that you might like from me? I've already made about four. @Unus @Teoarrk I will include them as contributions to your thread if you have good ideas =D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Also, to SHAMELESSLY DRIVE UP ENGAGEMENT - I know I said it's basically Ash's sword from Apex Legends, but here's some visual context

Reveal hidden contents

P2.png

It's basically that, as translated into a nodachi. I've always had this weird sort of affection for nodachis ever since I watched Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - it's got all the charm of both an oversized sword and a katana, while still maintaining the sense that it's something you don't need superhuman strength to wield. Plus, unsheathing them looks really cool.

gurren-lagann-kamiya.gif

Originally it was called the kaibunkotsu, as sort of a reference to both Ash and the fact that it's made from Sentient Bone, but I feel better about calling it the Rai-dei because it feels more descriptive, it's a reference to one of my most favorite anime (and manga) of all time.

There's just one thing on my mind as I post this. Since I mentioned this was made from a condrix.... are there any other weapons made from Sentient Bone that you might like from me? I've already made about four. @Unus @Teoarrk I will include them as contributions to your thread if you have good ideas =D

hmmmm ... I had an idea floating a long time ago of Sentient Replicants as an expansion module for the Plains of Eidolon area - think Shadow of Colossus or Monster Hunter meets Eidolons. Master Teasonai and his hunters were trying to deal with the aftermath of my Condroc and Shinrei pet quests.  For now, it exists as little more than this post. 

I had this sort of gritty, last ditch help us Tenno idea in mind. Now that Drifters have opened up the way for Operator melee and Primaries in certain situations it is a lot more feasible than it was in the past and that was the main focus of it.  I like my stream of thought for it, but this might not sound like Teasonai as we know him post conservation update.

"The Eidolon-Moh never runs out of surprises. First the Grineer attacks and now metal birds fly in the skies. I am a hunter for my people, the best one around here. I have no experience with the Eidolons, but now they ask me to instruct others how to hunt these Eidolon-beasts? Ai-yo."

I might return to it some day, but it definitely will need a lot of art support, especially given how it will feature areas around Cetus and the outer Plains of Eidolon beyond the barrier.

I appreciate the offer. Over summer I will have time to put a lot more thought into the bigger picture. Maybe I could revisit it as a precursor to TNW: rewritten.

Great work  on the Rai-dei Nodaichi. It's refreshing to see a oriental themed sword without a guard and a scabbard. 

• Like 1

On 2022-05-13 at 3:02 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Reveal hidden contents

P2.png

gurren-lagann-kamiya.gif

Oh, i'm still trying to work on my own projects, they just keep getting swept aside by both Warhammer work and. . .well. . life. I really want to get back onto things!

Oooooo, your starting to work on "in-action" effects eh? Progression continues on the honing of your talents, splendid!

But, relating to your own work? Hmmm. . . .hm. . . . .perhaps a set of "stabilized" conculyst . . .uh. . .hm. . tonfas maybe?

16 hours ago, Unus said:

Oooooo, your starting to work on "in-action" effects eh? Progression continues on the honing of your talents, splendid!

Had to be done here. The design of Ash's sword was very striking.

Plus, it's actually pretty easy to draw the effects!  Just copy it, make sure to have the parts that will be animated in a separate layer group on photoshop, and move them. Also, I have a bunch of brushes in photoshop for creating lightning, spirals, and a lot of other stuff.

16 hours ago, Unus said:

But, relating to your own work? Hmmm. . . .hm. . . . .perhaps a set of "stabilized" conculyst . . .uh. . .hm. . tonfas maybe?

That could work. I do sometimes worry that I'll spend a little too much time just drawing swords. FR though, if you asked me "Fluffy, come up with a melee weapon" my first impulse would be "A sword that uuuuuuhhhhh...."

On 2022-05-15 at 5:37 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Had to be done here. The design of Ash's sword was very striking.

Plus, it's actually pretty easy to draw the effects!  Just copy it, make sure to have the parts that will be animated in a separate layer group on photoshop, and move them. Also, I have a bunch of brushes in photoshop for creating lightning, spirals, and a lot of other stuff.

That could work. I do sometimes worry that I'll spend a little too much time just drawing swords. FR though, if you asked me "Fluffy, come up with a melee weapon" my first impulse would be "A sword that uuuuuuhhhhh...."

Punny and poignant, hehe.

Ah, custom making your tools over the years, or, at least, finding the right combination of preexisting tools in the right order to achieve the results you seek. Both require at least a smidge of talent and a whole lotta time!

Hehe, you think you have to little, I think I got to far, opposite sides of the same coin that needs balance! On the bright side, at least we have multiple sword classes so you do not become strictly trapped in the sword stance category. Machetes, heavy swords, duals, etc.

Edited by Unus

On 2022-05-17 at 12:56 PM, Unus said:

Punny and poignant, hehe.

For once, the pun wasn't intentional lmao

But i see what you mean!

Ah, custom making your tools over the years, or, at least, finding the right combination of preexisting tools in the right order to achieve the results you seek. Both require at least a smidge of talent and a whole lotta time!

I  guess it's kinda like googling something. Technically easy, but it says more that I was able to find the right stuff or that this was my instinct than the fact that I used a seemingly easy tool.

Hehe, you think you have to little, I think I got to far, opposite sides of the same coin that needs balance! On the bright side, at least we have multiple sword classes so you do not become strictly trapped in the sword stance category. Machetes, heavy swords, duals, etc.

True enough. I could even do another greatsword! That's always fun. 

Or I could come up with another warfan idea. I have been having a surprising amount of fun with the Quassus.

I could also make that gun rapier I made awhile back. I was gonna call it the FLAMBARD.

balance notes: 

The Vos Mazacor from awhile back has now been retooled a bit to make the next pistol stand out more.

On 2019-07-12 at 1:39 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Corpus 'Vos Plasmoid' Plasma Grenade Pistol

corpus__vos_plasmoid__plasma_grenade_pis

Vos Armaments presents the Vos Plasmoid! This revolver-styled pistol is named for its plasmoid bomblets that explode on contact. Unlike other Corpus revolvers, it is not demonstrable proof the Void Mind is real and hates you!”

Mag: 5
Status chance: 28%
Trigger: Charge
Critical Chance: 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
Blast Radius: 4m
Damage: 180
    Impact: 61

Heat: 79
    Magnetic: 26
    Blast: 14
Fire Rate: 1.25 (NOTE: This is balanced for Lethal Torrent. Because it’s always there)
Reload Time: 2s
Non-Hitscan
Velocity: (No idea, but slower than the Estampida)

Special Traits:
Plasmoid Envelope: Plasma bomblets explode on impact, dealing two status effects per hit in a 3.2 meter radius in a manner similar to the Astilla. This does a guaranteed magnetic proc. Because who cares about magnetic, really.
Accuracy: It does NOT, in fact, fire its projectiles in a perfect triangle.

Lore

Using research that was definitely not stolen from Arca’s laboratories or Alad V’s Amalgam Project, Vos Armaments set to creating a new plasma weapon, styled after Yesha Vos’ prized antique colony-made revolvers, some of which were definitely Old War era salvage or salvaged from fallen Tenno, and absolutely not gifts for totally dishonorable service to the Tenno Cause.

(This research absolutely was not stolen by Tenno operatives, and Yesha Vos would absolutely not hire Betrayers. That would totally be outside Yesha Vos’ observed price range, and they would have absolutely no reason to help someone who does not give them weapons pro bono. Also that would be wrong.)

The Vos Plasmoid uses four electromagnetic rails to launch a plasmoid at enemies. Its similarities to the Arca Plasmor’s projectiles are totally coincidental, and impossible to verify given that they are encased in a magnetic envelope that destabilizes on impact, causing the plasma to violently explode.

While its shield disruption capabilities are of questionable utility to Corpus, (except when fighting tenno) it has nonetheless proven devastating against crowds of Grineer and Infested alike.

Interestingly, the cylinder-like structure is not, in fact, a traditional revolver cylinder - it is a hollow cylinder containing a hollow pipe meant to superconduct and channel the plasma into the magnetic rails. It swings out at a 30 degree angle to the rest of the pistol, similar to the Russian OTS-38 revolver.

Artist Notes: 

Originally, this was meant to be a Corpus version of the M6 Punt from Killzone Shadowfall. Perhaps, in time, I will do that. But… I’m not feeling it, doods. I was trying to make a pocket Opticor in that vein, with 50% and 100% charged modes, and firing a non-hitscan explosive, but… I just….

I dunno, I just didn’t feel it.

Instead, this is more like the EPG from Titanfall 2. It’s a launcher pistol that’s a bit closer to stuff like the Angstrum and Kulstar than some of my earlier launcher pistols, like the Hiro. Which, perfectly honest, has more in common with the Lex Prime. But with minirockets. Neat, huh? Unlike those, this is - much like the EPG - much more reliant on direct hits than splash damage.

Comparisons

Estampida: The Estampida is… despite being meant as a slow heavy revolver… faster in every way. And better at long range. It’s much more of a precision weapon. Plus, it can out damage virtually anything short of a sniper rifle on headshots. Math is funny that way.

Hiro: The Hiro is faster, and has better status, but this has better crit and a higher blast radius.

Man, my old art is lumpy.

Also, I slightly buffed the Fedorova's critical stats up to 28% (and status to 22%). It felt like it was for the best that its critical chance didn't run above 2.4x - the Buzlok already has enough disadvantages that I don't want to make it worse than a hitscan weapon.

Also please DE give the Buzlok horizontal recoil. It'd still be hard to keep on target but at least it'd be something

you straight up cannot control it

Tenno ‘Fedorova’ Assault Rifle

“A reliable, well-rounded, if slower-firing assault rifle with predictable vertical recoil. Use its enhanced zoom to pick off enemies at longer ranges.”

tenno__fedorova__automatic_rifle_by_haru

Stats

Trigger: Auto
Fire Rate: 7
Magazine: 40
Reload: 3.0s
Damage: 50
28 Puncture
13 Slash
9 Impact
Crit Chance: 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
Status Chance: 22%

Special Traits
Tap alt fire for increased zoom!

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Corpus Magnacor Charge Pistol. 
“Affectionately known as “The Chopticor.” This pistol is essentially a Lanka cut down to the barest essentials and brought down to something approaching pistol size. Charges quicker upon unholstering.”
--Codex

Special Traits: Charges 60% quicker upon unholstering! Also, you don't have to take your finger off the trigger between charges.

corpus__magnacor__charge_pistol_by_fluff

LORE

Greetings, valued [PLACEHOLDER: TERRA CREWMAN]

In light of your unit’s continued [SERVICE], the Corpus Board of Directors has elected to [LIQUIDATE -/- REWARD] your unit with this [MAGNACOR]. [It is a high-powered, chargeable sidearm using the same basic railgun platform as the Lanka to fire a high-intensity plasma blast at high speeds. Our scientists have added a unique Kinetic Dynamo function that gives it increased charge speed when unholstered, so don’t worry about being caught with your suit down! For added effectiveness, you don’t need to take your fingers off the trigger between charges, so just clear and smear!”]

We [HOPE] that you [ENJOY -/- Will take] this [DESERVED REWARD -/- punishment] without complaint, and a renewed sense of responsibility. Remember: We are all working for the collective Profit of the survival of the only true heirs to the Orokin, the greatest civilization to exist in the wake of the Golden Lords.”

–Anyo Corp

“I’m going to find whoever wrote that copy on a capture mission and let them bleed out. Painful-like, as Haruka would say.”
–Thane McCrinn, Tenno.

The latest in Corpus plasma pistol technology! 

This Anyo Corp-built plasma railgun pistol uses two magnetic rails to hurl magnetically-contained plasmoids that spray their targets with superheated gas. Anything that can take a single shot from this is gonna be so staggered that it’s child’s play for Corpus to approach and beat it up. A revolutionary new kinetic dynamo - soon to be implemented on numerous Corpus charge-guns - allows it to charge up to 60% quicker on unholstering.

In the wake of increased Tenno aggression on planetside assets, increased Solaris United and Level Dawn aggression, various post-Narmer rump states claiming moons or asteroids (or, in one case, the entire planet of Mars) as their territory, land grabs from anti-Corpus guerrillas, abortive attempts from the Grineer to claim the Orb Vallis, and the Draugr Strain of the Infestation, Anyo Corp’s Corpus Terra personnel demanded a pistol with more firepower at range than the standard-issue Detron shotguns. 

Some Corpus Terra personnel claim that the Detron has better firepower and reliability. Those Terra personnel who demanded the Magnacor retorted that if you’re in Detron range - especially of a Tenno - you’re probably screwed anyway. 

The result was the Magnacor, a plasma railgun stripped down to its barest essentials. Like the Lanka, it uses a charge trigger to fire an intense blast of plasma. Unfortunately (and this is where those same detron advocates find another flaw) it requires a short charge period before firing. But, in their efforts to put an uncharacteristic amount of care towards the needs of the consumer base, Anyo Corp added two revolutionary mechanisms to the charge mechanism.

Firstly, it has a kinetic dynamo function that causes the first shot on unholstering to be full charged up to 60% faster… and half-charge shots to fire practically semiautomatically. Secondly, Anyo Corp added a revolutionary new mechanism that allows it to repeatedly cycle without taking your finger off the trigger. Charging the weapon causes the “magazine” loaded in just in front of the trigger to star glowing and spinning increasingly rapidly.

Similar to the Opticor, it can also fire a quick, half-charged shot. This is somewhat more cumbersome than other pistols with comparable stopping power, but it does make for a quick, easy method of crowd control while being mobbed by Grineer or Infested.

Among those few fighters in the Origin System that are independent from Corpus or Grineer, consensus is that it is a supremely powerful pistol with excellent damage, status, and burst damage. Plus, it’s safer, easier to use, and less reliant on biotech than similar Grineer plasma pistols such as the Pulsa. And it doesn’t run the risk of irradiating you like the Nukor.

Tenno running assaults on highly-guarded Grineer installations have praised it for its crowd control utility.

STATS

• Trigger: Charge-Auto
  • Magazine: 10
  • Reload: 2.8s
  • Projectile Type: Non-Hitscan

Quick Shot

• Charge Time: 0.75s
  • Unholstering: 0.3s

On Impact: 

• Damage: 100
  • 60 Impact
  • 30 Puncture
  • 10 Slash
  • Critical Chance: 19%
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.1x
  • Status Chance: 38%

Radial:

• Damage: 50 Heat
  • Radius: 2.5m

Fully Charged

• Charge Time: 1.5s
  • Unholstering: 0.6s

Impact

• Damage: 200
  • 120 Impact
  • 60 Puncture
  • 20 Slash
  • Forced Procs: Impact

Radial

• 100 Heat 
  • Radius: 5m

Artist Notes

One of the first exotics I ever got in Destiny 1 was Plan C. And I get it. To those of you that’ve been weaned on Destiny 2, that’ve seen some of the most ridiculous exotics the game has had to offer, including the ones that really shouldn’t return at any time such as Pocket Infinity, and Telesto, this won’t seem that special. 

(Plus, I did abuse Thorn back during that one summer where it got buffed and you could reroll a shotgun so it had Rangefinder/Shot Package and Luck In The Chamber. So even I get that.)

Plan C was pretty meh by exotic standards. There was no real reason to take it into PvE. But… the idea of this powerful, chargeable gun that fired quicker when you unholstered was a lot of fun. I’d kind of like it on something more oddball. Since pistols in this game have a tendency to be less complicated than primaries, it just felt right as something for a chargeable sidearm. 

The other inspiration for this was various Maliwan firearms from Borderlands 3. They’re not exactly auto charge - in fact, you can use some of the sniper rifles sort of like automatic weaponry. Cause they’re chargeable (like the Opticor) but you also don’t have to take your finger off the trigger between charges. It’s a strange, unique experience, but it does work for Borderlands 3’s gameplay. Even if I just Do Not Like BL3’s story, there’s a reason I’ve homaged its guns seven times while porting stuff into Warframe. And that’s because its firearms are extremely Fun. If given the choice between using something like the Euston and the Aeolak, there’s a non-zero chance I’d prefer the Euston (even if I find myself doubting the grenade launcher is very competent) because I remember using Vladof firearms in BL3, and I love that you can just turn your brain off and turn your rifle into a grenade launcher for a bit, not worry (too much) about ammo management, and just go back to rifling along. 

It’s fun. What can I say? Plus, I went out of my way to make mine feel like an M16, and I feel like that’d have a lot of charm to people who play around with relatively realistic firearms in other games.

The original concept had this acting more like an Opticor. And sure, maybe I’ll do that at some point, perhaps with another Corpus pistol, but it looked more like a Lanka, so pistol Lanka it became. 

It also has some minor influence from the Plasma Railgun from Titanfall 2. The spinning mag, the mag shape? All titanfall 2 influence babyyyyy-

• Like 2

Updort:

So, the next weapon will probably be a crowd control-focused primary of some kind, to play into the meta. Won't be Tenno.

Which is ironic, because it's actually spookily easy for me to come up with Tenno single-target weapons. Case in point, I actually have two or three assault rifle ideas for this game that'd feel fun, like a burstfire rifle that adds an extra round into the magazine if you land each shot on the enemy. Again, not doing that yet, the current meta leans towards CC and it almost feels like a duty to make CC feel fun (or at least engaging).

To balance for that last one, I made some minor stat tweaks to the Bruin. First off, fire rate has been reduced to 7.5 because that's very accurate fire rate for a lever action automatic weapon. Secondly, I forgot to mention the reload - it's 3s now, to set it apart from other assault rifles I've made.

Actually, maybe the next post will be lore. I've been feeling.... conscious of my lack of ambition.

Tenno 'Bruin' Automatic Rifle

dcatt0n-7f6bf8c5-f17e-439f-a1c3-6ec9a00d

"Spray through crowds at mid-range and while careening through the air, or pick them off at range with this high-powered Tenno lever-action automatic rifle."

One of numerous early forays into automatic weaponry, this Tenno automatic rifle (NOT an assault rifle. This is very important) boasts high accuracy on the first two shots, high critical chance, inherent punch-through, a critical multiplier rivaling the Soma Prime, and and incredibly high physical damage. It also gives you a slight movement speed buff! But - and there's a catch - it only has horizontal recoil. As in, the bullets don't go up, only side-to-side. And it has a small magazine of 40.

In addition, it feeds from a large, heavy quad-stack magazine, which results in slightly longer-than-average reloads. It could admittedly use a longer, easier-to-handle mag, but this was prioritized to make the weapon easier to fire while prone - a strange decision given the tendency for the weapon to throw up clouds of dust it accumulates while doing so.

Do all of these traits totally overshadow its massive shot-for-shot damage and ability to be used as a poor man's DMR?

Truthfully, no. It's powerful enough to be totally worth it.

Despite what the description might imply, it is not actually a select-fire assault rifle with two firing modes. It's just a very high-powered, slow-firing rifle with unpredictable, nontraditional recoil. That said, the nontraditional recoil makes it incredibly easy to track enemies while on the move, especially if in midair. If you want to use this at range, the best solution is to tapfire it, using it as a semiauto rifle... or fire in short two-round bursts. Both work just as well. Though it does have an extra zoom mode available by tapping altfire.

There's little middle ground between automatic and tapfiring. Automatic will spray bullets off to the side, and semiauto is super accurate at the cost of fire rate. To give automatic fire some more viability as a crowd control option, it has punch-through.

stats:

• Magazine: 40
  • Fire Rate: 7.5
  • Reload: 3s
  • Total Damage: 71 
    • 44 Slash
    • 18 Impact
    • 9 Puncture
  • Critical Chance: 32%
  • Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
  • Status Chance: 12%
  • Headshot Multiplier: 2.5x
  • Zoom Levels
    • Ironsights
    • "Reflex Sight" - slightly higher than Veldt's ironsighting. Adds +20% crit damage.
  • Punch-through: 0.5

special traits

• Altfire: None, but it does have increased zoom.
  • Reflex Sight: Adds +20% crit damage when tapping altfire
  • Headshot Bonus: Has abnormally high headshot bonus in addition to crits, making headshots with this weapon far deadlier. To explain - normally, headshots do 2X damage. The Bruin's headshots do 2.5. 

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

on the enemy. Again, not doing that yet, the current meta leans towards CC and it almost feels like a duty to make CC feel fun (or at least engaging).

Trown in a random 500% holster speed so people can swap out quickly,  under the curre t structure of the game I fell like only Spear guns alt fire can work as cc guns because of their instant switch on " cast".

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

damage. It also gives you a slight movement speed buff! But -

Well that's something primary weapons usually lack. It's more of a melee thing ad a default feature but given that amalgan serrations is a thing is not outside of the desing scope of the game

The extra heashot mutiplier is going to be really strong with the arcane for headshots and the iron sights to sort of scope mechanic is quite unique.

5 hours ago, keikogi said:

Trown in a random 500% holster speed so people can swap out quickly,  under the curre t structure of the game I fell like only Spear guns alt fire can work as cc guns because of their instant switch on " cast".

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Whoops. I meant to say "Make single target feel engaging." My bad. It was late at night and I sort of forgot about that.

The spearguns are an interesting idea, too! Since there's already been a Tenno, Grineer, and Corpus speargun each, the only logical option is to make an Infested, Sentient, or Void Angel-inspired version.

Well that's something primary weapons usually lack. It's more of a melee thing ad a default feature but given that amalgan serrations is a thing is not outside of the desing scope of the game

I was in a very Titanfall 2 mood when I drew this. As you can probably tell from the fact that it has horizontal recoil like the Flatline or Alternator.

The basic idea (or at least, whatever the basic idea mutated into) was to create something that felt like you could use it as a battle rifle, despite the fact that it's an automatic weapon with strange and uncanny recoil. This is also the reason I'm so insistent on "you can land two rounds on the same target!!!" - it's gotta feel just controllable enough you can do that, but not like a laser beam.

Though the thought occurs you'd probably be able to totally negate any of these downsides if you mastered jitter aim, but who would do that with a primary single-target weapon in this game?

(That said, it'd probably be really funny to see people try it)

Also, it's funny you mention the increased movement because i can use this as a chance to give you, @Teoarrk, and @Unus some advice: You can just add an Exilus Mod-like effect to your guns as a default (like increased accuracy while aiming a shotgun) because the more "meta" exiluses (exili?) will overshadow it, and it'll make the gun feel so much better without affecting DPS too much.

The extra heashot mutiplier is going to be really strong with the arcane for headshots and the iron sights to sort of scope mechanic is quite unique.

Oh yeah, funny story about that! This was actually inspired a little bit by the veldt. I liked the Veldt's increased zoom idea, I felt like it really gave it a little extra flavor and it just worked for the role they were putting the Veldt into...

....buuuuuuuuut I also felt like there just wasn't much reason to use it, especially when sniper rifles (and the arca scisco) are actually pretty good at incentivizing scoping in, so I added the extra critical damage to make it feel just that much better. 

• Like 1

Since the thread's felt a little listless, I decided I'd work on this one gas damage themed frame. I had some lore written on her awhile back, and it might be fun to do that.

Then again. I could just write up some more Gagarin lore. For once, I don't have as much urge to push it to the side for the sake of a new pistol. 

IMG-3971.jpg?width=375&height=500

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Since the thread's felt a little listless, I decided I'd work on this one gas damage themed frame. I had some lore written on her awhile back, and it might be fun to do that.

Then again. I could just write up some more Gagarin lore. For once, I don't have as much urge to push it to the side for the sake of a new pistol. 

looks interesting!

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

AHA! A second suit to accompany your astralnaut fellow! Lovely! Many folks come up with suits, but, rarely is meat and techno-sword-flesh put on the bones of their abilities and innates in my experience! Those that do, seem to outlive even their creator’s term with us on the forums, such as Hennya the Hair Demon, and, of course, the ever present wolf boogie man who pops up on occasion. I look forward to seeing what you can play with for this fungal compliment to Saryn’s more directly liquid approach. Bonus points? Like the Wispy Fulmin and the Gaussian Acceletra, you can directly craft something that benefits from her own miasmatic touch.

My own Feynman suit certainly looks outdated in the modern day, art nonwithstanding thanks to two kindly souls in eons past, but, the Dheghom suit feels like it co. . . hm. . . you’ve given me thought to mull over Mr. Wolf! I’ll see if my “”recently”” acquired health issues will let me act upon it after I anemically push hard on the Sievert(s). Fingers. . . agh, heck, fingers crossed and dice roll tossed!

Edited by Unus
  • Like 3

On 2022-06-03 at 7:48 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Thats a rather interesting idea for a frame. I would like to see what you came up with. Since you like guns you coud make her a diferent type of caster like a gun mage. something like a frame that use the weapon gas damage to grow the shrooms on the field. Something like 1 give gas damage and gas damage explosion radius , 2 tap grows shooom that grows absorbing the gas damge on the air, 2 hold fires the spores from the shrooms dealing the absorbed gas damage. Idk what else could fit , you could even make last of us brand of zombies or even make meme skills by giving mario shrooms to allies increaseing their size ( damage and melee range). There are a lot of unexplore desing territory with gas and fungi 

20 hours ago, Unus said:

AHA! A second suit to accompany your astralnaut fellow! Lovely! Many folks come up with suits, but, rarely is meat and techno-sword-flesh put on the bones of their abilities and innates in my experience! Those that do, seem to outlive even their creator’s term with us on the forums, such as Hennya the Hair Demon, and, of course, the ever present wolf boogie man who pops up on occasion. I look forward to seeing what you can play with for this fungal compliment to Saryn’s more directly liquid approach. Bonus points? Like the Wispy Fulmin and the Gaussian Acceletra, you can directly craft something that benefits from her own miasmatic touch.

Given the theries the fungi came from SPACE it fits even better 

20 hours ago, Unus said:

My own Feynman suit certainly looks outdated in the modern day, art nonwithstanding thanks to two kindly souls in eons past, but, the Dheghom suit feels like it co. . . hm. . . you’ve given me thought to mull over Mr. Wolf! I’ll see if my “”recently”” acquired health issues will let me act upon it after I anemically push hard on the Sievert(s). Fingers. . . agh, heck, fingers crossed and dice roll tossed!

idk man i really think that desing was far ahead of its time. 

Edited by keikogi

20 hours ago, keikogi said:

Thats a rather interesting idea for a frame. I would like to see what you came up with. Since you like guns you coud make her a diferent type of caster like a gun mage. something like a frame that use the weapon gas damage to grow the shrooms on the field. Something like 1 give gas damage and gas damage explosion radius , 2 tap grows shooom that grows absorbing the gas damge on the air, 2 hold fires the spores from the shrooms dealing the absorbed gas damage. Idk what else could fit , you could even make last of us brand of zombies or even make meme skills by giving mario shrooms to allies increaseing their size ( damage and melee range). There are a lot of unexplore desing territory with gas and fungi 

On 2022-06-04 at 1:22 AM, Unus said:

It's funny. Originally she started as a gas and sickness themed frame, but mushroom is a great way to go. It'd help differentiate her a lot from Saryn, too.

I think it'd do me a lot of good to workshop some of the abilities now. I think the original idea i had was... well, here's two of the original abilities I wrote out. I think I wanted her to be a kind of stealth/cc hybrid?

Untitled Gas Frame Mycelia
(Her name is Mycelia now)

“Pestilence on the wind. The smell of ashes, the salt in the fields. This frame is fragile, but her ability to outmaneuver enemies and disperse them from behind is unparalleled.”

Abilities: 

1. Create a decoy of herself (made of gas) that doubles as a turret (can draw aggro) and explodes on death.

2. Press the button again to switch places with it - or with an enemy that’s inhaled part of you.

3. Cloud mode - can become a cloud like Wukong. This is undetectable by cameras or laser tripwires. Enemies can inhale you, taking damage. But it also has a chance to alert enemies the longer you stay near them.

Not sure what I'd do for 2 and 4. Also not sure how else to work mushrooms into this....

• Like 2

On 2022-06-04 at 1:22 AM, Unus said:

of course, the ever present wolf boogie man who pops up on occasion.

Also, don't forget Vulkodlak! One of his abilties wasn't that great, but I felt like his general theme of "this frame is actively trying to kill itself but something won't let it" was a pretty strong outing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Not sure what I'd do for 2 and 4. Also not sure how else to work mushrooms into this

Codyceps , make her ult better chaos ( since with the eximus cc imunity indirect cc is back on tthe menu ). Something  like realities a cloud of codyceps spores that make enemies attack each other. If the enemy reaches 10 gas procs the codyceps will burst out of the body and starts attacking nearby enemies. 

The 2 could be a some kind off desecrate skill but instead lf making mods rain dropping buff and heals.

22 hours ago, keikogi said:

Codyceps , make her ult better chaos ( since with the eximus cc imunity indirect cc is back on tthe menu ). Something  like realities a cloud of codyceps spores that make enemies attack each other. If the enemy reaches 10 gas procs the codyceps will burst out of the body and starts attacking nearby enemies. 

The 2 could be a some kind off desecrate skill but instead lf making mods rain dropping buff and heals.

Awright. Both of these could let her teleport to more enemies if I'm allowing her to switch places with enemies she damaged.

More Weapon News

Found This Thing:

This was actually an earlier version of the Grozza from awhile ago. IDK what I'll do with it now, but i think it's worth reusing if I'm in the mood for another Grineer rifle or SMG.

df6u93n-04c03f4c-ff01-41db-8739-1511c8bd

Homemade 'Elysium' Assault Cannon

This has received some buffs! Specifically to damage, which has been increased to 90 in HV mode and 100 in Penetrator mode to make it more competitive alongside the Trumna. While it has considerably damage and magazine capacity than the Trumna, I'm hoping that its faster fire rate and reload, along with generally handling a little more like an assault rifle help it stand out more for those of you who might want a faster, more responsive gun.

homemade__elysium__assault_cannon_by_har

“The Elysium is a weapon design older than dirt. In fact, depending on what planet or moon you’re standing on, it’s older. To keep it competitive with the increasingly powerful armories of the Big Two and the Tenno, the Scum, pirates, rebels, and colonists that use this autocannon - or assault cannon, as its users insist on calling it - gave it the ability to switch between armor-piercing and high-explosive rounds on the fly. It’s especially popular among the SIF, who - as always - have a weird sort of attraction  to blowing enemies up from the inside. Beggars can’t be choosers, so these are often made from whatever parts its users have on hand.”
Codex

STATS

Shared
Trigger: Auto
Fire Rate: 6.8
Magazine: 25
Reload: 2.8s
Recoil: High
Reserve Ammo: 250

Primary - HV Rounds
Shots have high-punch through. Non-hitscan but high velocity.
Status Chance: 15%
Critical Chance: 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.5x
Damage: 90
48 Puncture
32 Slash
12 Impact
Punch-through: 1.0m

Secondary: EX Rounds
Rounds explode on impact, dealing damage in a 3.5m radius. Guaranteed blast procs on impact. These travel much slower than HV rounds. Deals 25% damage on impact, 75% radially

Non-Hitscan
Total Damage: 100

On Impact: 
Damage: 25
     9 Impact
     16 Slash
Status Chance: 38%
Critical Chance: 19%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x

Area Attacks
Damage: 75
32 Impact
33 Slash
10 Blast
Status Chance: 38%
Critical Chance: 19%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Blast Radius: 3.5m

Build Notes

Adding Adhesive Blast to this allows you to add Primed Shred! You miss out on adding Terminal Velocity, but if you want the fire rate bonus, it should be worth it.

• Like 1