Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

On 2022-12-04 at 11:58 AM, Neo3602 said:

, I like that has a burst fire mode as well as the fact that it's bullpup. I also like how the fire modes are actually different not just changed crit and status chance and maybe a difference in damage depending on the fire mode

Thanks so much! Fun fact about the firing modes actually being different - I don't actually like weapons where you switch fire modes that much, especially the Argonak cause semiauto just feels.... like, aggressively so much better. I'm also kinda annoyed that we have so many auto/semi and auto/semi/burst weapons, but the only auto/burst thing we have (the Kuva Quartakk) works like a Dahl rifle (from Borderlands 2, anyway).

And having something like the Tiberon Prime where there's three fire modes just kinda annoys me. I don't even need full-auto that much, who builds the Tiberon with that much focus on status?

This was a big part of why I made the Haoma awhile back.

On 2021-12-24 at 2:09 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Haoma' Assault Rifle

“Assault rifle with four-round bust and full auto. Boasts high weakpoint damage, controllable recoil, and excellent crit.”
–Codex

Tenno 'Haoma' Assault Rifle

(version 3 of art. Now you can fire while prone!)

Special Traits:
+50% Bonus Headshot Damage
Kills refill 8% of mag.

The Ogoun, however, was a genuine attempt to make switching fire modes more interesting, making each fire mode more distinct. It actually came from a bit of a thought experiment - I'd been thinking "If Johnny Silverhand's pistol can be a tech and power weapon, what would a tech/smart weapon be?"

On 2022-12-04 at 11:58 AM, Neo3602 said:

I think this and the Tarvoss are some of my favorite weapons that you have made, though it's honestly hard to pick since most of your work is great.

Thanks so much! 

The Tarvoss is funny to me because... "Guaranteed elemental status proc of whatever you need at that moment" is funny, and also so breakable. To the point I'm kinda afraid to buff it.

It's kinda like lead Skin or Double Vision from Enter The Gungeon - they started out as Basic-quality items, but they had so much utility that they've never been topped. Like... reverse powercreep lmao. The same has happened for the Estampida and Depezador Prime - they both have such great single-target gimmicks that I genuinely struggle to make anything that feels like it keeps up with them.

Sometimes I feel like I used all my good single-target weapon gimmicks. ...At least until I make that pistol that does guaranteed radiation procs on headshots.

19 hours ago, Unus said:

If it comes down to it, perhaps you just need a small vacation from it all, sooth the disappointment sting, feel refreshed. Perhaps delve deep into the world of Helluva Boss and Hazbin Hotel to relax?

Honestly, I was probably gonna go watch some pony stuff, write some fanfic, try some costumes and stuff. How I normally relax.

....Part of me wants to play around with Apex weapon concepts but that feels like a bad idea lol. It's funny, the game could use more shotguns or pistols, but i just have a bad feeling about being in that space.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Unus said:

What makes you feel it might b. . . ohhhhh, is it because it’s in a completely competitive game?

Essentially yes. I spend most of my time balancing for something like WF where nobody can complain about you killing them, so I have an entirely different kind of ethos... And Apex's weapons are so restricted compared to WF (they're non-hitscan, at base they have anemic mag sizes, they have piddly damage... they do have nice recoil though!) so there's so many things I'd have to cut down on, and it's for a much, much harder-to-please fanbase. Either way, it'd feel more like work than anything.

I mean.... it's not like I consider doing the crunch here to be anything but work. I do need the stats to make the gun interesting on some level. But I'd have to take so many more stats into account that are harder to visualize than "X% crit chance."

Ironically though, Apex's more "gamified" weapons (the Rampage, likely the Sentinel) fit into WF surprisingly well, like with the Strigoi Prime. Which is basically just the Rampage LMG, just with Frame abilities instead of nades.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about my thread is how so much of the lore can be self-propagating. So, I recently switched one of my revolver ideas from Tenno to Grineer. I had an extant Grineer pistol drawing that was just offbeat enough to work with, and so I had to restructure the lore cause I can't just say "This Grineer weapon originates with the Entrati!"

So, while  doing that, I wrote out this sentence:

It has three main users. Firstly, the Grineer - While various Grineer commanders in anti-Infested “Cellwatch” units use it in a rocket launcher-like role, it’s also common as a sidearm for Grineer Hellions, some of the only Grineer units with the mobility to take the fullest advantage of this weapon.

And now I'm kind of wondering about the Cellwatch. Should I explain that?

EDIT:

Also, the upcoming pistol is inspired by this thing from F3AR. Is it a revolver? A mag-fed semiauto? It haunts me
bdcf6b4ec04ea160e5e0e3a942185797.jpg

• Like 1

Grineer 'Avanc' Launcher pistol

“A relic of the Grineer-Narmer War, designed in Tengus’ labs. Each bullet from this pistol is actually a tiny Infested organism, which burrows into enemies and spawns a barnacle-like organism that sprays fire in the direction of the wielder . A Tenno that advances quickly can redirect the flame towards enemies, becoming an unpredictable force of destruction.”
--Codex

grineer__avanc__pistol_by_fluffywolf36_d

Lore

Whose idea was this?!”

–Haruka Lorne

“It was me. I will not apologize for art.”
Ginebra Oster

As much as the Grineer Empire have culture, the still-raging Mercury Front left an indelible stain on it. Of the Grineer-Narmer War (typically referred to by Corpus, Tenno, Ostron, and others as the New War) it was truly the Grineer’s most brutal battle, earning a status as equally revered and reviled as the Battle of Venus is to the Corpus.

Narmer razed Grineer complexes, veiling their personnel with impunity and liberating hostages, and Infested outbreaks were seen as a quirk of strategy, such as planning around a storm on Earth or Mars. Grineer deserted to Steel Meridian (or even Kahl’s Regiment) en masse. In addition, they found themselves fighting alongside Corpus auxiliaries to burn out the Infested, which caused no small amount of friction and “friendly” fire incidents.

This is still going on, in reduced capacity, but the Avanc is a relic of the worst of that time. Built in the labs of Doctor Tengus, even as the Mercury Front raged outside, this pistol speaks to an unsettling truth: 

That the Grineer broke the Gradivus Accords to experiment in Infestation-based weaponry.

These pistols were found in Tengus labs on the battle-wracked Mercury, abandoned in one of the three-way battle between Grineer (and allied forces), Narmer, and Infested that still rages to this day.

Each bullet that this pistol fires is in actuality an Infested organism that shoots a spray of flame…. Towards the wielder… on impact.

Whoever designed it must have been quite mad at the time.

The concept behind the Avanc can best be described as “amazingly stupid.” Each bullet is, in fact, an incubator for an Infested mollusc-like creature that sprays fire in the direction of the wielder. Tenno who stay mobile on the battlefield prosper with this pistol, as the flamethrower they’ve spawned tracks them while they rush behind enemy targets in its way.

In addition, the Infested organism holds more “fuel” if it impacts an enemy. Much of the flesh (or metal) displaced by the impact of the round is devoured by the Infested organism, which uses it to further fuel its flamethrower.

Information on its intended use is, to put it simply, conflicting. It has obvious utility against Infested with its incendiary damage, but this is difficult to reconcile with Tengus’ obsession with Infestation. Reports suggest that it was used in the Grineer-Narmer war, further suggesting that it was an anti-Narmer weapon.

It has three main users. Firstly, the Grineer - While various Grineer commanders in anti-Infested “Cellwatch” units use it in a rocket launcher-like role, it’s also common as a sidearm for Grineer Hellions, some of the only Grineer units with the mobility to take the fullest advantage of this weapon.

Secondly, and perhaps most surprisingly, Solaris “zit-poppers.” Among those contracted to purge or contain the Mercury strain or the Venusian ‘Draugr’ strain, this weapon fetches a high price. 

Thirdly, predictably, the Tenno.

This weapon’s potential with a Warframe’s mobility is, not to put too fine a point on it, Kavatnip to a Tenno. Firing at an enemy, watching the flame lance out towards enemies, and controlling it with their mad dashes…

It’s child’s play for them. One particular quirk of this weapon is that it doesn’t track towards a Tenno in Operator mode, so they can keep its location fixed by staying in Operator mode.

Also, only five flamethrowers can be active at one time. Firing more than that number just causes shots to explode, dealing radial heat damage. I’m too lazy to stat this.

Shared Stats

Fire Rate: 2.8

Reload: 3s

Magazine: 9

On Impact

Status Chance: 18%

Critical Chance: 33%

Critical Multiplier: 2.7x

Headshot Multiplier: 3.15x

Damage: 120

55 Impact

40 Slash

15 Puncture

Projectile Type: Non-hitscan

Flamethrower

Magazine: 10

Critical Chance: 18%

Damage: 28 Heat

Status Chance: 33%

Range: 8m

Projectile Type: Discharge

Artist Notes:

Fun fact: Originally, this was a Tenno weapon, but it'd been awhile since I made a Grineer gun and this just seemed to fit,  so then I was all like "Eh"

Digital Extremes once divided their weapons into various categories of precision, crowd control, and bullethose. My thread has innovated a new category partly inspired by playing Spacelords awhile back (I miss Ginebra’s booty) - Flow weapons.

This is a weapon directly interacts with or exaggerates your playstyle - for example, there’s an LMG I made that gains increased damage and fire rate once you cast an ability, a shotgun pistol that refills ammo on melee kills, another shotgun pistol that decreases in accuracy the lower the magazine to encourage you to get up close and personal, and also a revolver pistol I made that has a cryotic shotgun to set enemies up for devastating headshots and/or melee combos.  I’m going to be honest, I think my ability to create gimmicks that aren’t too dependent on headshots kind of peaked on that one. Sort of - I mean, it still requires headshots, but you don’t need them all the time.

There’s also one other thing that all those weapons have in common - oddball stats that encourage strange build setups. For example, the LMG also increases status, so you can have a gun that does 100% status and 100% crit if you build it right or get a unicorn riven. Also, using Mesa’s 1 counts as tapping the ability key twice. And for one of the shotgun pistols, magazine size is tied to accuracy, so adding Ice Storm increases the accuracy of the second and third shots.

This pistol's no different. So here’s some funny notes on things you can do with it: 

• It only spawns one flamethrower. I just didn’t want to go there. The beam from said flamethrower, however, is affected by multishot.

• Beam length is affected by Ruinous Extension. So you might want to put that in Exilus.

• Beam can benefit from Fulmination and Amalgam Furax Body Count.

• Because the beam has its own magazine size, it also benefits from Ice Storm and Combo Fury.

I don’t exactly know how this would get along with Mirage, or lots of other particular Frame interactions, but trust me - this thing is very breakable.

The reload is also inspired by the M1941 Johnson rifle!

• Like 3

Sentient 'Lucence' Plasma Shotgun

“A sentient plasma shotgun. Quick trigger pulls fires a saturating stream of plasma, while charged shots condense it into a single white-hot lance that punches through armor with ease.

Aiming down sights automatically begins the charge.”

–codex

sentient__lucence__shotgun_by_fluffywolf

Lore

This shotgun is one of the extraordinarily few Sentient weapons purpose-built for human hands, designed to guard installations in relatively close quarters. Unlike numerous other Sentient “firearms” (we use this term loosely) it does not technically have an altfire. Instead, quick, hipfire shorts launch a short, wide dispersion blast of plasma similar to Plasmor projectiles. Each of these projectiles penetrate human targets, and bounce twice on hard surfaces.

Holding down the trigger to charge the weapon, however, focuses this short burst into a high-intensity lance of superheated gas which punches through enemies with ease. This drastically increases its range, damage, and headshot damage, drastically shrinking the size of the projectile as well. 

This latter part is admittedly worth it for the sake of its sheer damage. 

The shotgun can be fired at partial charge, though the headshot multiplier is only active at full charge*. In addition, unlike other weapons, the charge can be held indefinitely. The weapon will automatically begin charging while aimed down sights.

It was designed for the close quarters of various Sentient fortresses and Murexes near the Shattered Moon of Oberon, which guarded that rarest of things: A ship-scale sentient Condrix gate, known as Tsikuri’s Gate. Or at least, that was the Orokin codename for it 

According to the Orokin, the gate was a massive weapon that would allow the Sentients to swarm into the Origin System like locusts, strip all planets clear of human (read: Orokin) life, and render the Origin System to the stillness that existed before humans even discovered fire.

…admittedly, the Sentients absolutely would do this, but the Orokin never seemed to mention how this was directly their fault and how they defined how the Sentients saw humanity as a whole.

This was not entirely true in the case of Tsikuri’s Gate. The Sentients might use the gate to do this, certainly, but against all odds the Sentient Tsikuri, Eyes-Between-Worlds, had agreed to use it to transfer a population of humans to a new world where they would forsake technology and live in harmony with the planet they found.

Given the Sentient’s proclivities, it was well-known among the Exodites that would escape through the gate what might happen. Perhaps they would be used as a menagerie for the Sentients, little more than pets. Though in all honesty, this was little different from how the Orokin treated them already. Perhaps they would all die, or be stripped apart molecule by molecule, their agony preserved forever. Perhaps they’d all wake up as copies of themselves made from swirling voidsilver.

But…

….they wouldn’t live under the Orokin.

And that was worth it. These were, after all, people so desperate that at one point a moon-killing asteroid was seen as a liberating force.

Weapons that could stand up against Orokin armor were rare, and anything that could lead to their creation was often destroyed by Tenno squads. And so, to guard the various garrisons and capacitors, along with various components of the Gate, Tsikuri devised this shotgun. 

From what Orokin archimedians could determine, it bears a similarity to the various tool precepts uploaded into the Sentients by the long-since-Jade-Lightened Perintol. Specifically, various graviton accelerators meant to break through rocks (for the purpose of cracking asteroids for minerals) and plasma tools, combining elements of both into a weapon that hurls gaseous plasma into targets.

Similar to various Cephalon weapons, in what is absolutely a coincidence and certainly does not imply that older Sentients were partially derived from Cephalons, the Lucence could be used for this purpose with minimal calibration at various kiosks found in installations within Tsikuri’s Gaze.

___

* Because I don’t want this to be too exploitable with Harrow.

STATS

Trigger: charge-burst

Burst Delay: 0.16

Burst Count: 4

Charge Time: 0.8s

Magazine: 

Fire rate: I’m not even gonna try.

Uncharged Shot

Burst Delay: 0.4

Burst Rate: 7

Magazine: 32

Fire rate: 2.41

Total Damage 150

60 Heat

90 Gas

Crit Chance 18%

Crit Multiplier 2.2x

Status Chance: 40%

Headshot Multiplier: 1x

Noise Level Alarming

Damage Falloff: 

Full Damage up to 18m

Minimum damage at 48m

60% Max Reduction

Projectile Type: non-hitscan

Projectile Size: 3m

Projectile Speed: 80 m/s

Enemy Punch-Through: Yes

Object Punch-through: No

Charged Attacks

Normal attacks

Burst Rate: 8

Fire rate: Uh

Total Damage 200

125 Gas

75 Heat

Crit Chance 18%

Crit Multiplier 2.2x

Headshot Multiplier: 3x

Noise Level Alarming

Damage Falloff: 

Full Damage up to 40

Minimum damage at 96m

60% Max Reduction

Projectile Size: 0.3m

Projectile Speed:  240 m/s

Artist Notes:
I’ve wanted to do something like this for awhile.One idea I had was a shotgun that fires “multiple technoorganic plesh projectiles that penetrate softer materials,” which I’ll do at… some point.

This is heavily inspired by both Valorant’s “Del Sol” skins, and the alientech shotgun from Defiance 2050. Yes, I remember Defiance. Shocking, I know. I always loved something about that shotgun, likely the sheer overdesign it had compared to the game’s other weapons. The Clovis Bray weapons were also an influence, I liked the almost skeletal structures (oh GOD DAMMIT lol) over them so I incorporated that into the shotgun. 

Another fun fact: Originally, the charged shot would cause explosions after penetrating an enemy, but that’ll be made for one of the next Tenno autoshotguns I make. Yes, I have two planned.

• Like 3

On 2022-12-18 at 3:10 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Sentient 'Lucence' Plasma Shotgun

“A sentient plasma shotgun. Quick trigger pulls fires a saturating stream of plasma, while charged shots condense it into a single white-hot lance that punches through armor with ease.

Aiming down sights automatically begins the charge.”

–codex

sentient__lucence__shotgun_by_fluffywolf

Lore

This shotgun is one of the extraordinarily few Sentient weapons purpose-built for human hands, designed to guard installations in relatively close quarters. Unlike numerous other Sentient “firearms” (we use this term loosely) it does not technically have an altfire. Instead, quick, hipfire shorts launch a short, wide dispersion blast of plasma similar to Plasmor projectiles. Each of these projectiles penetrate human targets, and bounce twice on hard surfaces.

Holding down the trigger to charge the weapon, however, focuses this short burst into a high-intensity lance of superheated gas which punches through enemies with ease. This drastically increases its range, damage, and headshot damage, drastically shrinking the size of the projectile as well. 

This latter part is admittedly worth it for the sake of its sheer damage. 

The shotgun can be fired at partial charge, though the headshot multiplier is only active at full charge*. In addition, unlike other weapons, the charge can be held indefinitely. The weapon will automatically begin charging while aimed down sights.

It was designed for the close quarters of various Sentient fortresses and Murexes near the Shattered Moon of Oberon, which guarded that rarest of things: A ship-scale sentient Condrix gate, known as Tsikuri’s Gate. Or at least, that was the Orokin codename for it 

According to the Orokin, the gate was a massive weapon that would allow the Sentients to swarm into the Origin System like locusts, strip all planets clear of human (read: Orokin) life, and render the Origin System to the stillness that existed before humans even discovered fire.

…admittedly, the Sentients absolutely would do this, but the Orokin never seemed to mention how this was directly their fault and how they defined how the Sentients saw humanity as a whole.

This was not entirely true in the case of Tsikuri’s Gate. The Sentients might use the gate to do this, certainly, but against all odds the Sentient Tsikuri, Eyes-Between-Worlds, had agreed to use it to transfer a population of humans to a new world where they would forsake technology and live in harmony with the planet they found.

Given the Sentient’s proclivities, it was well-known among the Exodites that would escape through the gate what might happen. Perhaps they would be used as a menagerie for the Sentients, little more than pets. Though in all honesty, this was little different from how the Orokin treated them already. Perhaps they would all die, or be stripped apart molecule by molecule, their agony preserved forever. Perhaps they’d all wake up as copies of themselves made from swirling voidsilver.

But…

….they wouldn’t live under the Orokin.

And that was worth it. These were, after all, people so desperate that at one point a moon-killing asteroid was seen as a liberating force.

Weapons that could stand up against Orokin armor were rare, and anything that could lead to their creation was often destroyed by Tenno squads. And so, to guard the various garrisons and capacitors, along with various components of the Gate, Tsikuri devised this shotgun. 

From what Orokin archimedians could determine, it bears a similarity to the various tool precepts uploaded into the Sentients by the long-since-Jade-Lightened Perintol. Specifically, various graviton accelerators meant to break through rocks (for the purpose of cracking asteroids for minerals) and plasma tools, combining elements of both into a weapon that hurls gaseous plasma into targets.

Similar to various Cephalon weapons, in what is absolutely a coincidence and certainly does not imply that older Sentients were partially derived from Cephalons, the Lucence could be used for this purpose with minimal calibration at various kiosks found in installations within Tsikuri’s Gaze.

___

* Because I don’t want this to be too exploitable with Harrow.

STATS

Magazine: 

Fire rate: I’m not even gonna try.

Uncharged Shot

Burst Delay: 0.4

Burst Rate: 7

Fire rate: 2.41

Total Damage 150

60 Heat

90 Gas

Crit Chance 18%

Crit Multiplier 2.2x

Headshot Multiplier: 1x

Noise Level Alarming

Damage Falloff: 

Full Damage up to 18m

Minimum damage at 48m

60% Max Reduction

Projectile Size: 3m

Projectile Speed: 80 m/s

Charged Attacks

Normal attacks

Burst Rate: 8

Fire rate: Uh

Total Damage 200

125 Gas

75 Heat

Crit Chance 18%

Crit Multiplier 2.2x

Noise Level Alarming

Damage Falloff: 

Full Damage up to 40

Minimum damage at 96m

60% Max Reduction

Projectile Size: 0.3m

Projectile Speed:  240 m/s

Artist Notes:
I’ve wanted to do something like this for awhile.One idea I had was a shotgun that fires “multiple technoorganic plesh projectiles that penetrate softer materials,” which I’ll do at… some point.

This is heavily inspired by both Valorant’s “Del Sol” skins, and the alientech shotgun from Defiance 2050. Yes, I remember Defiance. Shocking, I know. I always loved something about that shotgun, likely the sheer overdesign it had compared to the game’s other weapons. The Clovis Bray weapons were also an influence, I liked the almost skeletal structures (oh GOD DAMMIT lol) over them so I incorporated that into the shotgun. 

Another fun fact: Originally, the charged shot would cause explosions after penetrating an enemy, but that’ll be made for one of the next Tenno autoshotguns I make. Yes, I have two planned.

Another excellent sentient weapon Fluffy, and I like the idea of a burstfire shot-gun since we don't really have one of those in game yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Another excellent sentient weapon Fluffy, and I like the idea of a burstfire shot-gun since we don't really have one of those in game yet.

5f4e8f461a1f57baa251515fc3f892d3--d-fibe

(how it feels getting a comment right about now =D )

Thanks so much! 

Funny story about this btw - I got the idea to make it burst, cause I'd been replaying Deadspace 1. See one thing I'd been thinking about was how and 2 sort of... deconstruct the standard FPS guns. If that makes sense. Like, look at the Line Gun and Force Gun. Both are technically shotguns. Sort of. The Line Gun is like a pump-action because it's meant for short-mid range crowd control, and the Force Gun is like a Super Shotgun because it's meant for extremely close range crowd control. So I wanted to capture some of that with an effect that felt... shotgun-ish but not quite.

Also, as it happens, this thread's had about.... a bunch of burst shotguns? 

Yeah, there's been a bunch of other burstfire shotguns on this thread! There was the Quadrille from awhile back, that had semiauto and four-round burst (I still haven't statted it. Wack). There was also the Laikan from two years back, which is four-round burst but only in the way the Quartakk is, and is basically a Line Gun but with buckshot instead of plasma. It was specifically designed to feel like it was made while suffering from a head injury. And the Cromlech, which was two-round autoburst cause I really wanted it to Feel like it was double-barreled. And the Brotsjor, which is also sort of three-round-burst plasmor (but the projectiles explode on hard surfaces, not enemies). The Athenaeum might count, cause it has a two-round burst altfire.

Also, the first shotgun I made on this thread, the Balaenis (which I like totally forgot about till now) might count, but then it's duplex-auto and IDK if that's the same thing.

....I wonder if I could make a duplex-burst shotgun. It'd have to be Grineer. Nobody else could possibly be that stupid. It'd need a passing resemblance to a meat grinder, of course.

I'm also toying with the next autoshotgun I make having a burst altfire... but instead of buckshot, it shoots slugs. I thought it'd be interesting, and it plays on how shotguns have so many different kids of ammo.

• Like 1

Apparently, I predicted Critical Deceleration getting buffed. Welp, time to remove the bandaid mod part from here.

On 2020-10-22 at 1:48 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

SURPRISE

SIF 'BROTSJOR' EMP SHOTGUN

sif__brotsjor__emp_shotgun_by_fluffywolf

“The SIF nickname for me his design -  ‘The Poor Man’s Plasmor’ - originates from pirates and guerrillas in the Jovians. But the nickname doesn’t quite fit. Isn’t it a launcher? It has a blast radius. Is it a shotgun? It has short range and fires multiple projectiles. Is it… a rifle? It’s burstfire, but not too long ranged…”

Lore

The Brotsjor fires a three-shot burst of projectiles similar to those launched by the Catchmoon. These have near-infinite enemy punch-through.... and explode on hard surfaces. They can also be remotely detonated in mid-flight!

Its origins are shrouded in mystery. One day, it wasn’t there - and the next, a Level Dawn account released the blueprint over the feeds, saturating the Jovians, Neptunian Plutonian, and even Saturnine systems with access to an open-sourced anti-Proxy weapon that’s required components common or easily fabricated in Corpus jurisdictions. In fact, the magazine is based on a Solaris design specifically from Rude Zuud. 

The barrel recoils with each shot fired.

It’s best used against shielded Corpus, machinery, and various Proxies - Moas and Ospreys and the like. 

Rumors circulate that it was used against ancient machines that ravaged the system, and that’s why it’s so profoundly effective. Much of the Origin System reads this as a belief that it’s meant for use against the Sentients.

But another, stranger rumor suggests that it predates the Orokin Lithic Expansion, in the Long Dark when humanity found themselves scattered across the Origin system on airless rocks with only half-remembered life support machinery to keep them breathing. That before this dark, forgotten epoch, it was built for use against a race of thinking machines that made war with humanity, shattered whatever order  and spurred the Seven Precepts’ prohibition on artificial intelligence.

Others claim that this is sensationalist marketing for its original creators. After all, the distant past of the Origin System is so poorly understood that little knowledge survives to this day, and little concrete evidence of a war against machines exists.

On the one hand it has slightly better range than the Plasmor. On the other hand, it doesn’t have the shot for shot devastation of the Plasmor’s unmissable boulder of doom.

It’s a common sight among the outer planets - but not on the war zones within Grineer space. While some Solaris United strikers have been known to assemble their own, they prefer kitguns overall due to their small size and ease of disassembly. The Catchmoon may have lower power and range, but it's also extremely easy to hide in a coat... or in a rig, if you're willing to stomach some minor hair loss. A lowered sperm count probably isn't an issue if you're Solaris.

Clicking the right spot on the codex entry will play this secret message:

“Tuuri,
For the last time, not everything you don’t understand has to be Tau. I get what Grineer rule makes you think. But for the love of the Allfather. It’s not Tau. Anyone could tell you that.
We found the blueprint on Europa. It’s definitely manmade, maybe even oHuman-made. We were off prospecting, using Lalli’s plasma drill, looking for old Aufeis caches. The Burkitshi Osprey* unit we bought picked up… something under the ice. We thought it might be Corpus, right up until we cut a door.
The complex we found was bizarre. It looked Corpus in the same way a Kubrow looks like a dog or a Ganymedean or Iapetan wolf. Broadly similar, but the longer you look, the less alike they become. And it was old. Like… no, old doesn’t cover it. Orokin stuff is ancient, this was… this is older.
The computers were built to the same standards as Corpus tech, but they were… fossils. Most of it, we couldn’t get to work. But we found this blueprint on the computers that did work. Aina, our linguist, they deduced it was written in some kind of creole. There’s a lot of words Aina really struggled to understand. But from what we can tell, it’s some kind of anti-Proxy weapon. 
This weapon is meant for simplicity above all else. There’s a bunch of components we have that are broadly similar, like a communication laser, surge protectors. It plays merry void with shields and proxies. Destroys machinery. It’s perfect for use against the Corpus, even some Grineer. Anyone should be able to build this.
But this thing makes me wonder: What was this used for? I’m sure someone’s going to market it like your average Solaris kitgun, but it’s not made for use against an Osprey or Bursa. Even if it cuts through them like a hot knife through butter. It’s for  some kind of…  ancient proxy. Old as the Orokin, maybe older. And why was it built so simple? I could build this thing in a cave with a box of scraps. Clearly, there was an intent behind that.
I could give this to the Corpus. I could. I’d make a lot of money. But I don’t want to see them finding out about this lost history. And I don’t want to see them prepared for how this gun works.
I want to just open source this terbeyisz and see what happens. I’m not much of a historian, but it’s clear what was meant to happen.
~Butler

It has a high base critical chance of 36%, with a bandaid mod sold by Rude Zuud that increases crit chance by 200%, bringing the total critical chance up to 108%.

There’s a good reason for this.

Blueprint Requirements:
X1 Kitgun Loader (it doesn’t matter which)
1 Forma
X20 Fersteel
X5 Dissipator Coil

STATS
Slot: Primary
Type: Shotgun

Trigger: Burst
Burst Count: 3
Projectile Speed: 69 m/s
Fire Rate: 4.5
Magazine size: 21
Reload Time: 2.4sEnemy Punch-Through: 4m 
Object Punch-Through: n/a

IMPACT
Damage: 100 Magnetic

Critical Chance: 36%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
Status Chance: 15%
Damage Falloff: Full Damage up to 15m
Minimum Damage at 40m
Max Falloff: 60% Max Reduction
Accuracy Falloff begins at 30m

Radial Attacks:
Damage: 75 Magnetic
Critical Chance: 36%
Radius: 2m

ARTIST NOTES:
*NOTE: “Burkitshi” is a Mongolian word for a hunter using a Golden Eagle. If Ganymede comes with customizable Ospreys, ‘Burkitshi’ will be a component, likely the main chassis or whatever.

First off: why 36% crit? Why is the crit the way it is? Why is there a bandaid mod? Why didn’t I pile it with status?

Because it’s meant for orange crit or even red crit. Why 36% and the bandaid mod? Cause if I statted it to be able to orange crit without a riven and/or some other mod, the crit chance would get too big. It’d be too easy for it to push itself past 200% crit. The bandaid mod was the best way to do it while keeping it as a shotgun. Why does Rude Zuud sell it? Cause a kitgun loader is a component, and you’d likely be curious as to what this is.

Speaking of which, why am I so insistent on keeping it as a shotgun? Well… it’s burstfire, and I want people to think of it as a shotgun. It’s not meant to be long-ranged. Or even really medium-ranged. They need to think of it as a shotgun.

That out of the way, this was inspired by Lord of Wolves from Destiny, a shotgun that’s burstfire instead of firing buckshot.

• Like 1

SOMESHA PRIME AUTOSHOTGUN

“The primed version of the infamous crit and slash-based Tenno autoshotgun.  Unlike many other shotguns, it fires faster and more accurately the longer you hold the trigger… and even more accurately the more it hits an enemy. This is achieved through the same accuracy-and-stability enhancing mechanisms of the Tenora. In addition, it comes with explosive slug altfire!”
--Codex

Special Traits: 

Accurizing Rounds - direct hits on enemies decrease spread. This stacks up to five times and decreases after two seconds.
Adhesive Blast: Altfire has inherent Adhesive Blast.

Scattershot: Increases base critical chance of the next shot by 3% for each enemy hit by buckshot. Stacks up to five times, for a total of 50% base critical chance on the next shot.

tenno__somesha_prime__autoshotgun_by_flu

Lore

This crit-based autoshotgun was gleefully overdesigned by the Archimedians that helped devise the Soma family of automatic weaponry, a group which includes venerable weapons such as the Haoma, Somesha, Aksomati, Soma, Somin, and (bizarrely) Dual Raza tomahawks. In addition to their prime variants. 

And as such, the Somesha Prime has a number of hallmarks of that family of weapons. It’s got high fire rate, a very deep magazine, and low-caliber high-velocity ammunition enabling massive crits.

One of the most unique features of the Somesha was its increased accuracy on sustained fire. The Somesha Prime boasts a much more complex system - firstly, its accuracy increases based on hitting enemies instead of sustained fire. Hitting one enemy in one shot will increase the accuracy by… however much the accuracy increases… while hitting two in one shot will increase the accuracy by twice as much. This is why it’s important that the weapon has punchthrough.

To represent this, it has a much more dynamic reticle linked to any aiming systems. Secondly, the accuracy gain has more in common with the Arca Scisco’s combo mechanic - it decays every 2 seconds. 

In addition, burstfiring maintains spooled fire rate. The weapon unspools after 4 seconds unfired.

To add to the insanity, it comes with mechanisms that somehow transmute its buckshot into incendiary slugs. All of the Somesha Prime’s peculiarities of fire rate and accuracy still apply to this mode - although the accuracy gain is only applied if the slug directly hits an enemy. Not when they’re caught in the blast. That would be weird.

Among Tenno of the current-day Origin System, it’s somewhat tied for popularity with the Sobek. While the Somesha Prime boasts incredible crit, fire rate, and magazine size… the Sobek has better starting accuracy, in addition to various bizarre mods available from Rathuum and Steel Meridian that give it slightly better one-shot potential, as opposed to the Somesha Prime’s focus on saturating enemies with buckshot.

Originally, the Somesha Prime was designed at the request of various Tenno who didn’t like the Boar Prime and wanted something… more. There were other attempts at this, such as the Trenchance shotgun, but the Somesha Prime gained prominence by virtue of its incredible fire rate. It was especially loved for its use during Infested outbreaks.

It's still used for this in the modern day. Though, with the increased amounts of humanoid enemies faced by Tenno nowadays - Narmer, Grineer, Corpus - its buckshot mode gives it the ability to be used almost as a poor man's assault rifle for those Tenno who find themselves at a disadvantage at range. Direct hits can also be used to build up accuracy in primary fire, allowing Tenno to close the distance and spray down Grineer from within the weapon's optimal range.

shared

Trigger: Auto-Spool

Rate Of Fire:

Unspooled: 2

Spooled: 4.5

Spool period: 4 rounds

Reload: 3.2s

Primary: Razor Buckshot Shells

Crit Chance - 35%

Crit Multiplier - 3.0x

Status Chance - 4%

Headshot Multiplier: 3.3x

Pellets: 8

Damage: 280

144 Slash

80 Puncture

16 Impact

40 Heat

Accuracy: 9.5

Punch-Through: 0.8m

Falloff: 

Max Damage up to 18m

Minimum Damage At 36m

50% Max Reduction

Projectile Type: Hitscan

Secondary: Flare Rounds

Total damage: 180

On impact:

Crit Chance - 35%

Crit Multiplier - 3.0x

Status Chance - 20% 

Damage: 60

48 Slash

12 Impact

Forced Procs: Puncture

Falloff: 

Max Damage up to 30m

Minimum Damage At 60m

50% Max Reduction

Radial

Crit Chance - 35%

Crit Multiplier - 3.0x

Status Chance - 20% 

40 Puncture

80 Heat

Range: 2.4m

30% damage at 2.4m

Projectile Type: AoE

Artist Notes:
HAPPY CRIMMUS

All honesty, there's not as much to say this time. It's a SOMA-THEMED AUTOSHOTGUN, something that I've wanted for a long time. The accuracy gimmick harkens back to playing Borderlands 2, which was fresh(er?) in my mind as I drew the original Somesha about 3-4 years ago. While I was a not a fan of Hyperion sniper rifles in Borderlands 2 (DEAR GOD) I, as most people did, loved the shotguns. They were the one thing that really, really worked well with the Hyperion gimmick in Borderlands 2.

So naturally, that's why it's here. The 32-round mag is a reference to the AA12.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

SOMESHA PRIME AUTOSHOTGUN

“The primed version of the infamous crit and slash-based Tenno autoshotgun.  Unlike many other shotguns, it fires faster and more accurately the longer you hold the trigger… and even more accurately the more it hits an enemy. This is achieved through the same accuracy-and-stability enhancing mechanisms of the Tenora. In addition, it comes with explosive slug altfire!”
--Codex

Special Traits: Accurizing Rounds - direct hits on enemies decrease spread. This stacks up to five times and decreases after two seconds.

tenno__somesha_prime__autoshotgun_by_flu

Lore

This crit-based autoshotgun was gleefully overdesigned by the Archimedians that helped devise the Soma family of automatic weaponry, a group which includes venerable weapons such as the Haoma, Somesha, Aksomati, Soma, and (bizarrely) Dual Raza tomahawks. In addition to their prime variants. 

And as such, the Somesha Prime has a number of hallmarks of that family of weapons. It’s got high fire rate, a very deep magazine, and low-caliber high-velocity ammunition enabling massive crits.

One of the most unique features of the Somesha was its increased accuracy on sustained fire. The Somesha Prime boasts a much more complex system - firstly, its accuracy increases based on hitting enemies instead of sustained fire. Hitting one enemy in one shot will increase the accuracy by… however much the accuracy increases… while hitting two in one shot will increase the accuracy by twice as much. This is why it’s important that the weapon has punchthrough.

To represent this, it has a much more dynamic reticle linked to any aiming systems. Secondly, the accuracy gain has more in common with the Arca Scisco’s combo mechanic - it decays every 2 seconds. 

In addition, burstfiring maintains spooled fire rate.

To add to the insanity, it comes with mechanisms that somehow transmute its buckshot into incendiary slugs. All of the Somesha Prime’s peculiarities of fire rate and accuracy still apply to this mode - although the accuracy gain is only applied if the slug directly hits an enemy. Not when they’re caught in the blast. That would be weird.

Among Tenno of the current-day Origin System, it’s somewhat tied for popularity with the Sobek. While the Somesha Prime boasts incredible crit, fire rate, and magazine size… the Sobek has better starting accuracy, in addition to various bizarre mods available from Rathuum and Steel Meridian that give it slightly better one-shot potential, as opposed to the Somesha Prime’s focus on saturating enemies with buckshot.

Originally, the Somesha Prime was designed at the request of various Tenno who didn’t like the Boar Prime and wanted something… more. There were other attempts at this, such as the Trenchance shotgun, but the Somesha Prime gained prominence by virtue of its incredible fire rate. It was especially loved for its use during Infested outbreaks.

It's still used for this in the modern day. Though, with the increased amounts of humanoid enemies faced by Tenno nowadays - Narmer, Grineer, Corpus - its buckshot mode gives it the ability to be used almost as a poor man's assault rifle for those Tenno who find themselves at a disadvantage at range. Direct hits can also be used to build up accuracy in primary fire, allowing Tenno to close the distance and spray down Grineer from within the weapon's optimal range.

shared

Trigger: Auto-Spool

Rate Of Fire:

Unspooled: 2

Spooled: 5

Spool period: 4 rounds

Reload: 3.2s

Primary: Razor Buckshot Shells

Crit Chance - 35%

Crit Multiplier - 3.0x

Status Chance - 7%

Pellets: 8

Damage: 280

144 Slash

80 Puncture

16 Impact

40 Heat

Punch-Through: 0.8m

Falloff: 

Max Damage up to 18m

Minimum Damage At 36m

50% Max Reduction

Projectile Type: Hitscan

Secondary: Flare Rounds

Total damage: 180

On impact:

Crit Chance - 35%

Crit Multiplier - 3.0x

Status Chance - 20% 

Damage: 60

48 Slash

12 Impact

Forced Procs: Puncture

Falloff: 

Max Damage up to 30m

Minimum Damage At 60m

50% Max Reduction

Radial

Crit Chance - 35%

Crit Multiplier - 3.0x

Status Chance - 20% 

40 Puncture

80 Heat

Range: 2.4m

30% damage at 2.4m

Projectile Type: AoE

Artist Notes:
HAPPY CRIMMUS

All honesty, there's not as much to say this time. It's a SOMA-THEMED AUTOSHOTGUN, something that I've wanted for a long time. The accuracy gimmick harkens back to playing Borderlands 2, which was fresh(er?) in my mind as I drew the original Somesha about 3-4 years ago. While I was a not a fan of Hyperion sniper rifles in Borderlands 2 (DEAR GOD) I, as most people did, loved the shotguns. They were the one thing that really, really worked well with the Hyperion gimmick in Borderlands 2.

So naturally, that's why it's here. The 32-round mag is a reference to the AA12.

Auto shot gun that can shoot explosive rounds as an alt fire, sign me up!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Probably!

One thing this'd also need is a dynamic reticle like in Borderlands. Always liked seeing the reticle get smaller with each shot in Borderlands, that was fun.

indeed, visual feedback is always nice.

31 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

indeed, visual feedback is always nice.

Plus, it gives so much character to a gun. Like... look at Deadspace's reticles, or reticles from Titanfall 2 or Borderlands. You look at the reticle, you have lots of context for how it's meant to act.

For example, the Flatline, Volt, and possibly the Alternator (I think, I'm not sure) have a reticle that look like this:  <   O   > 

And that showcases that they have virtually no vertical recoil, only horizontal. It's ridiculous, and inaccurate, and can lead to you getting caught with your pants down if you're trying to have lots of rounds on target, but it's surprisingly helpful for hit and run tactics. Which reminds me, the Vlcak and Bruin (which are respectively just the Alternator and Flatline) would need similar reticles.

• Like 2

Fun Elysium Facts!

So, I'm doing a pistol that's very similar to the Elysium "Assault cannon" from awhile back, and I had to retcon in some lore. So, here's some fun facts that hopefully don't interfere with this thread's very, very loose canon. Heh. Loose cannon.

1. The Elysium is primarily manufactured by the SIF, or Saturnine Independence Front. The Saturnine Independence Front, who also manufacture the Bigun  ̶U̶h̶h̶h̶ the Marris.
  2. Because it holds 25 rounds, it would be... about .60 caliber? Somewhere between .50 and .60 caliber, anyway. The ungodly recoil is (somewhat) compensated by the fact that it is really, really heavy.
  3. Apparently, the SIF make some of their money by licensing weapons to Ganymede State Arms. They make all those Ganymedean guns I used to draw. 

On 2020-06-22 at 11:28 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Homemade 'Elysium' Assault Cannon

homemade__elysium__assault_cannon_by_har
“The Elysium is a weapon design older than dirt. In fact, depending on what planet or moon you’re standing on, it’s older. To keep it competitive with the increasingly powerful armories of the Big Two and the Tenno, the Scum, pirates, rebels, and colonists that use this autocannon - or assault cannon, as its users insist on calling it - gave it the ability to switch between armor-piercing and high-explosive rounds on the fly. It’s especially popular among the SIF, who - as always - have a weird sort of attraction  to blowing enemies up from the inside. Beggars can’t be choosers, so these are often made from whatever parts its users have on hand.”
Codex

In one form or another, a weapon with the basic design of the Elysium has been a favorite of pirates, homesteaders, explorers, the Vorii clans, and anyone on the fringes of civilization since before the Orokin Empire. Legend has it that an Elysium in a much smaller, more cut-down form was used during the first Technocyte outbreak on Earth, long before true spaceflight. Even the Orokin took notice of its robust frame and reliability, creating their own version in the form of the Avakan series. It even lives on in part within Ganymede’s armories, a massive influence on the ‘Chadam’ autoshotgun.

This current pattern of Elysium is an evolution of that. Originally a shotgun based on the same platform, this particular Elysium boasts a magazine welded together from two, a reinforced barrel, fin-stabilized flechette ammo, and an onboard, heavily simplified, Orokin-derived foundry that can reconfigure its ammo from armor-piercing to  contact-detonated high-explosive.

It’s primitive, heavy, and slow, and it’s almost trivial for the Grineer and Corpus to make something just as effective (with less complex ammunition) in larger quantities. Also, it is extremely heavy.  As the improvised weapons of the Origin System go, the Elysium is towards the higher end.... but only just, at a 7, with 10 being Kitguns and 1 being a shiv made of rusty metal or a flintlock pistol. Stuff that would be hopelessly outclassed by literally anyone else. They're most commonly manufactured by the SIF (Saturnine Independence Front) in former Grineer workshops made in the Iapetan Shieldwall. While the Elysium is made on less advanced, slower techniques than Grineer firearms, this results in an overall more reliable, durable firearm.

Among factions with access to higher tech, the Elysium is seen as a lot of effort and investment for questionable returns. After all, a Kitgun or a captured Corpus or Grineer firearm requires fewer materials to create, is lighter, and has more reserve ammo. Also, the ammunition is harder to fabricate. In fact, earlier versions simply used very large bullets to even have a chance against the shields or heavy armor of the Corpus and Grineer - and they required you to aim for the head or armor weakpoints to do any real damage. The addition of armor-piercing and high-explosive rounds during the Tenno Resurgence finally allowed it to hold its own in combat.

But nonetheless, among the many downtrodden and beaten of the Origin System, (and even some Tenno) the Elysium keeps pace. 

In fact, during Operation Skyguard, when the Grineer attempted to drop the infested Grineer hulk Vorgra on Iapetus’ new capitol, the Tenno Haruka Lorne once referred to it as “the best assault rifle I’ve ever used against Infested.” It’s a statement that rings true all across the system. After all, it’s an assault rifle. With armor-piercing. And explosive.

It’s hard to go wrong with that.

The Ganymedean version is the Vos Armaments KA-39, a version made using advanced polymers that reduce weight and comes with guaranteed electricity procs on impact while using explosive altfire. In gameplay terms, the KA-39 isn’t a separate weapon - it’s a stat skin much like the Brokk.

Let’s be honest. There was no way to make an Elysium non lethal, less-lethal, or anything other than ‘outrageously lethal.’ Plus side, the Corpus and Grineer have made sure I don’t care about that.”
—Yesha Vos

STATS

Shared
Trigger: Auto
Fire Rate: 6.8
Magazine: 25
Reload: 2.8s
Recoil: High
Reserve Ammo: 250

Primary - HV Rounds
Shots have high-punch through. Non-hitscan but high velocity.
Critical Chance: 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.5x
Damage: 90
48 Puncture
32 Slash
12 Impact
Headshot Multiplier: 2.5x

Punch-through: 1.0m

Secondary: EX Rounds
Rounds explode on impact, dealing damage in a 3.5m radius. Guaranteed blast procs on impact. These travel much slower than HV rounds. Deals 25% damage on impact, 75% radially

Non-Hitscan
Total Damage: 100

On Impact: 
Damage: 25
     9 Impact
     16 Slash
Status Chance: 38%
Critical Chance: 19%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x

Area Attacks
Damage: 75
32 Impact
33 Slash
10 Blast
Status Chance: 38%
Critical Chance: 19%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Blast Radius: 3.5m

Build Notes

Adding Adhesive Blast to this allows you to add Primed Shred! You miss out on adding Terminal Velocity, but if you want the fire rate bonus, it should be worth it.
This is meant to be balanced against the two higher-damage, low-RoF offerings I’ve made, the Bruin and Fedorova, by its lower fire rate. While it’s .5 seconds less than the Fedorova, this actually is more noticeable because you need Adhesive Blast to make sure it explodes against enemies.

I guess in that case the best-case scenario is a riven that increases fire rate and status, because let’s be honest, nobody’s going to pass up this thing’s chance for 100% status (or Hunter Munitions) in exchange for a flat fire rate mod.

Also, I guess it's kind of like a full-auto Komorex. Which is funny.

SIF 'Luisa' Heavy Pistol

“An odd hybrid of PDW and heavy pistol, this SIF weapon fires modified flare rounds with a crude armor-piercing tip that pushes bullets just barely far enough into armor to do serious damage.

Comes with semiauto and full-auto fire, though full-auto requires you to unfold the stock and slows down motion.”

Codex

Special traits: Kills with this weapon temporarily increase:

• Melee attack speed 
  • Weapon switch speed
  • Altfire activation speed
  • Movement speed

sif__luisa__heavy_pistol_by_fluffywolf36

Lore

SIF gunsmiths and worker co-ops like to portray themselves “second only to the Tenno!” in the art of gunsmithing. This isn’t entirely true, but every single one of Ganymede’s competitors* had to admit they did a good job with the Luisa. 

Built on a slightly smaller relative of their Elysium assault cannon, the Luisa is a surprisingly difficult weapon to describe. It has just a few more rounds than typical** high-caliber semiauto pistols and revolvers of the Origin System, and it’s capable of both semiauto and full-auto fire. Full-auto fire, however, virtually requires the stock to be unfolded to have even a chance of controlling its punishing recoil.

It traces its bigger brother’s capacity for ergonomics, replacing its rather brick-shaped (and rather brick-sized) magazine for a slightly thinner angled magazine that’s easier for a wielder to grip, in addition to slightly smaller rounds.

A full stock would be more helpful, but then…  well. Then it wouldn’t be much of a pistol. The folding stock and easily removed muzzle device also ensure a market niche among various saboteurs and Solaris Rail Agents.

As it takes more time to flip a stock than a switch, switching to altfire takes… relatively long compared to other weapons. Not intolerably, mind. Due to the stock, there’s a slight movement penalty for having the weapon out in full auto. That’s not the only downside that its full-auto has, however. It also has a minor movement penalty (not as profound as Arch-guns, mind) when active.

Luckily, getting kills with this weapon will temporarily increase movement speed and weapon switch speed, so that’s easily remedied.

In both fire modes, it launches primitive explosive rounds patterned after flare charges, tipped with penetrators. These punch through most light armor, and - if anything - are more dangerous when aimed at Grineer riot shields, as they penetrate just enough to shower an enemy in flame.

This, along with its dubious construction, has earned it a reputation as "The poor man's handcannon" - a weapon for those who can't afford an energy pistol on the same level as Zuud's work, haven't scavenged a sufficiently power Grineer gun, or haven't bought a surplus Tenno pistol. Perhaps adding some insult to injury, the Ganymede State Arms 'Largo' pistol has greater stopping power, in smaller ammo, and a better trigger.

Footnotes****

* For example, Ganymede State Arms and various Corpus operations. I do still have a Ganymedean SMG around somewhere. I should color that. 

** i.e, Not the Sepulcrum. That thing's mag is deeper than House of Leaves.

*** This obviously doesn’t have punchthrough - it’s just me handwaving away why the shield doesn’t protect enemies from the heat damage.

**** I nearly spelled this “Footntoes” and I think that’s really funny.

Stats

Mods: Secondary

Mag size: 18

Reload time: 2.5s

Semi
On Impact:

Trigger: Semi

Fire Rate: 2.2

Damage: 50

25 Impact

20 Puncture

5 Slash

Status Chance: 17%

Radial

Damage: 40 Heat

Blast Radius: 2.5m

Damage Falloff: 100% damage at 0m

30% damage at 1.8m

Projectile Type: explosion

Auto 

On Impact:

Trigger: auto

Damage: 40

20 Impact

16 Puncture

4 Slash

Critical Chance: 25%

Critical Multiplier: 2.3x

Status Chance: 25%

Radial

Damage: 50 Heat

30% damage at 1.8m

Artist Notes

For those of you who don't remember earlier work like the Marris, the SIF are a group of human terrorists from Saturn that've manage to capture the moons Iapetus and Hyperion, at least. Their culture and language are inspired by various Scandinavian cultures, the Inuit... and, weirdly enough, kurdistan, because I named one of their sniper rifles the "Zagro" and there was no way out of it.

I don't know where or if I said it, but they also have control of the Norse Group of moons of Saturn, such as Jarnsaxa... and they originated on Siaarnaq. Likely also the Inuit Group. Iapetus is to them what New York City is to New York State - not the capital, but also so prominent that it might as well be. This is because it's the biggest moon they've managed to capture.

That out of the way, the idea for this was so stupid tbh. It was just “What if Vera… but bolter?!” 

There's also some other influences in there - the machine pistol-like silhouette, for example, takes inspiration from the Borz SMG. I actually have another machine pistol made by the SIF and inspired by the Borz somewhere, but I like totally forgot about it and should get to that at some point. The mention of the ammo using flare charges was inspired by the Volg 'Spitfire' pistol from Dark Heresy. This is described by 1d4chan as:

"Little more than a crudely modified Lucifer pattern launcher – which is a handgun-like device common on frontier worlds for firing signal flares, tow lines and the like – the Spitfire was an innovation that, according to popular myth, was devised by an outcast Magnavar tech-adept named Verey. The story has it that while this Tech-Priestess was exiled in Volg, she made the first Spitfires to help combat a swarming of giant Maw-flukes. The weapon hit a marketing jackpot by being both effective and popular, and the more talented of Volg’s arms dealers have been turning them out ever since. The Spitfire’s fame and construction has spread and some are even sold at inflated prices as real "Bolt Pistols" to those too provincial or naive to know better."

Because WF doesn't have much in the way of bolters (except the Sepulcrum) the "poor man's bolter" aspect couldn't be fit in. At least, not as much.

Beyond that, the general idea is sort of a combination of a Bolter and braced autoguns from Darktide. Full auto fire is meant to compensate for its increased DPS and accuracy with a lack of motion. Admittedly, I don’t know it Darktide’s braced autoguns increase DPS, I do not have an Xbox Series X ( I needed to spend the money on… lots of other stuff) but I liked the idea of one fire mode having such a tradeoff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

SIF 'Luisa' Heavy Pistol

“An odd hybrid of PDW and heavy pistol, this SIF weapon fires modified flare rounds with a crude armor-piercing tip that pushes bullets just barely far enough into armor to do serious damage.

Comes with semiauto and full-auto fire, though full-auto requires you to unfold the stock and slows down motion.”

Codex

Special traits: Kills with this weapon temporarily increase:

• Melee attack speed 
  • Weapon switch speed
  • Altfire activation speed
  • Movement speed

sif__luisa__heavy_pistol_by_fluffywolf36

Lore

SIF gunsmiths and worker co-ops like to portray themselves “second only to the Tenno!” in the art of gunsmithing. This isn’t entirely true, but every single one of Ganymede’s competitors* had to admit they did a good job with the Luisa. 

Built on a slightly smaller relative of their Elysium assault cannon, the Luisa is a surprisingly difficult weapon to describe. It has just a few more rounds than typical** high-caliber semiauto pistols and revolvers of the Origin System, and it’s capable of both semiauto and full-auto fire. Full-auto fire, however, virtually requires the stock to be unfolded to have even a chance of controlling its punishing recoil.

It traces its bigger brother’s capacity for ergonomics, replacing its rather brick-shaped (and rather brick-sized) magazine for a slightly thinner angled magazine that’s easier for a wielder to grip, in addition to slightly smaller rounds.

A full stock would be more helpful, but then…  well. Then it wouldn’t be much of a pistol. The folding stock and easily removed muzzle device also ensure a market niche among various saboteurs and Solaris Rail Agents.

As it takes more time to flip a stock than a switch, switching to altfire takes… relatively long compared to other weapons. Not intolerably, mind. Due to the stock, there’s a slight movement penalty for having the weapon out in full auto. That’s not the only downside that its full-auto has, however. It also has a minor movement penalty (not as profound as Arch-guns, mind) when active.

Luckily, getting kills with this weapon will temporarily increase movement speed and weapon switch speed, so that’s easily remedied.

In both fire modes, it launches primitive explosive rounds patterned after flare charges, tipped with penetrators. These punch through most light armor, and - if anything - are more dangerous when aimed at Grineer riot shields, as they penetrate just enough to shower an enemy in flame.

This, along with its dubious construction, has earned it a reputation as "The poor man's handcannon" - a weapon for those who can't afford an energy pistol on the same level as Zuud's work, haven't scavenged a sufficiently power Grineer gun, or haven't bought a surplus Tenno pistol. Perhaps adding some insult to injury, the Ganymede State Arms 'Largo' pistol has greater stopping power, in smaller ammo, and a better trigger.

Footnotes****

* For example, Ganymede State Arms and various Corpus operations. I do still have a Ganymedean SMG around somewhere. I should color that. 

** i.e, Not the Sepulcrum. That thing's mag is deeper than House of Leaves.

*** This obviously doesn’t have punchthrough - it’s just me handwaving away why the shield doesn’t protect enemies from the heat damage.

**** I nearly spelled this “Footntoes” and I think that’s really funny.

Stats

Mag size: 18

Semi
On Impact:

Trigger: Semi

Fire Rate: 2.2

Damage: 50

25 Impact

20 Puncture

5 Slash

Radial

Damage: 40 Heat

30% damage at 1.8m

Auto 

On Impact:

20 Impact

16 Puncture

4 Slash

Radial

Damage: 50 Heat

30% damage at 1.8m

Artist Notes

For those of you who don't remember earlier work like the Marris, the SIF are a group of human terrorists from Saturn that've manage to capture the moons Iapetus and Hyperion, at least. Their culture and language are inspired by various Scandinavian cultures, the Inuit... and, weirdly enough, kurdistan, because I named one of their sniper rifles the "Zagro" and there was no way out of it.

I don't know where or if I said it, but they also have control of the Norse Group of moons of Saturn, such as Jarnsaxa... and they originated on Siaarnaq. Likely also the Inuit Group. Iapetus is to them what New York City is to New York State - not the capital, but also so prominent that it might as well be. This is because it's the biggest moon they've managed to capture.

That out of the way, the idea for this was so stupid tbh. It was just “What if Vera… but bolter?!” 

There's also some other influences in there - the machine pistol-like silhouette, for example, takes inspiration from the Borz SMG. I actually have another machine pistol made by the SIF and inspired by the Borz somewhere, but I like totally forgot about it and should get to that at some point. The mention of the ammo using flare charges was inspired by the Volg 'Spitfire' pistol from Dark Heresy. This is described by 1d4chan as:

"Little more than a crudely modified Lucifer pattern launcher – which is a handgun-like device common on frontier worlds for firing signal flares, tow lines and the like – the Spitfire was an innovation that, according to popular myth, was devised by an outcast Magnavar tech-adept named Verey. The story has it that while this Tech-Priestess was exiled in Volg, she made the first Spitfires to help combat a swarming of giant Maw-flukes. The weapon hit a marketing jackpot by being both effective and popular, and the more talented of Volg’s arms dealers have been turning them out ever since. The Spitfire’s fame and construction has spread and some are even sold at inflated prices as real "Bolt Pistols" to those too provincial or naive to know better."

Because WF doesn't have much in the way of bolters (except the Sepulcrum) the "poor man's bolter" aspect couldn't be fit in. At least, not as much.

Beyond that, the general idea is sort of a combination of a Bolter and braced autoguns from Darktide. Full auto fire is meant to compensate for its increased DPS and accuracy with a lack of motion. Admittedly, I don’t know it Darktide’s braced autoguns increase DPS, I do not have an Xbox Series X ( I needed to spend the money on… lots of other stuff) but I liked the idea of one fire mode having such a tradeoff.

Looks fun, like that using switching it to full auto changes how it looks. Also the buffs that is gives on kill could be fun when using a slower melee weapon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Looks fun, like that using switching it to full auto changes how it looks. Also the buffs that is gives on kill could be fun when using a slower melee weapon.

Originally, the idea was just "I can't make switching modes this cumbersome!" 

And then that translated into adding lots of buffs on kill. It was sort of an accident, but a happy one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Grineer ‘Frakshot’ Autoshotgun Pistol

“The favored shotgun pistol of Grineer ‘cellwatch’ troops, this short, portable shotgun boasts higher magazine capacity and reload speed than the standard Brakk… in addition to a slug altfire.”

Codex

grineer__frakshot__autoshotgun_pistol_by

Lore

Inspired by various Tenno shotguns, this Grineer automatic shotgun pistol represents a small yet noticeable step forward for Grineer firearms design. It’s compact, it has no self-damage risk, and it was designed to allow Kuva shield troopers to easily brace it against their shield to be highly controllable.

Beyond that, it was also designed for use against Infested in ultra-close quarters. Its slow, steady full-auto fire can let loose a barrage of taser slugs that deal radial electric damage… or, uniquely, shells loaded with flak ammunition similar to the Drakgoon, making this the most damaging automatic pistol in the Grineer arsenal. 

The flak rounds are rather unique among Grineer shotguns, similar only to the Vuhnder blunderbuss. Each shell shoots three projectiles, which split into three projectiles similar to the Drakgoon’s after sixteen meters. Shooting an enemy before the projectiles split causes the child projectiles to bounce towards nearby enemies. 

This weapon is incapable of punch-through.

Its red-and-cream color, along with light green lights, marks it out clearly as a Cellwatch firearm. 

Grineer ‘Cellwatch’ are, of course, the Grineer unit tasked with burning out Infestation, along with cleaning out Derelicts of all kinds for valuable salvage. They boast a conflicting reputation among independent and even Corpus-aligned settlements. On the one hand, they have a not-unjustified reputation for collateral damage. However, few people mind this, on the basis that potential Infestation outbreaks are just that terrifying.

If someone on Ganymede, Jarnsaxa, or Hyperion has managed to pirate a Grineer Warsat to show footage of them orbitally bombarding Epimetheus or Amaruq**, everyone breathes a sigh in relief because at least another Infested outbreak has been spared. At least it’s not another Eris.

At least, it’s not them.

But on the other hand, not everyone is willing to countenance the massive loss of life caused in the extermination of technocyte. Many people - Ostrons, Solaris, Ganymedean, Myconan, Oeizu, SIF - have lost friends and family to Cellwatch purges, many of whom might yet have been saved.

Even they have to admit, however, that Infestation strikes fast. Few Ostrons exist that haven’t heard the chilling message from Konzu’s long-dead uncle that warns people from long-dead Eris.

notes

*For those of you that don’t remember Nightwave Episode 2, this is a slang term Infestation.

** Saturn apparently has lots of undiscovered moons. So Amaruq would be one, and it’d be in the Inuit Group.

Stats

Trigger: Auto

Fire Rate: 3.8

Mag size: 13

Buckshot

Multishot: 3

Range: 16m

Damage: 48 

27 Impact

18 Slash

3 puncture

Critical Chance: 20%

Critical Multiplier: 2.1x

Status Chance: 10%

Projectile Type: Non-Hitscan

Falloff: None

Child projectiles:

Multishot: 3

Damage: 16

9 Impact

6 Slash

1  puncture

Critical Chance: 20%

Critical Multiplier: 2.1x

Status Chance: 10%

Falloff: 100% at 2m (18m total)

40% damage  at 30m

Bounce on hard surfaces

Slug

On Impact:

20 Impact

16 Puncture

4 Slash

Radial

Damage: 70 Electric

30% damage at 2.2m

Artist notes:
As inspired by the mag-scatter from Planetside. Sort of. It’s not full-auto. But I noticed that the Mag-Scatter looks like a cut up Kel-Tec KSG scaled down to pistol size, and that was just funny enough to extrapolate into a Grineer gun. I’m probably not going to extrapolate this into a full-size firearm as the bore is just too tiny, and that’ll look weird.

There’s also some inspiration from the art of Andrew Zinchenko. With luck, I didn’t make anything that feels too much like a copy - I just wanted to synthesize a bunch of disparate influences together.

• Like 1

On 2022-12-30 at 6:56 PM, Neo3602 said:

The funny thing is that was sort of an accident - I didn't want the stock flipping out to just happen instantly, cause that'd take out some of the "weight" of the weapon. But then I figured "Wait a minute, I can't just have a fire selector type weapon that's worse!" so I added in a benefit for switch speed, then I figured "What else can I add this to?"

Overall, I'm very happy with this cause it means I have a weapon that looks less offbeat than a lot of WF's arsenal, but might actually have a surprising amount of utility if you use it with Voruna or whatev.

• Like 1

may create a new weapon model for this at some point - while the current Avanc model is good, I found something that might convey the "pistol-sized grenade launcher" idea I had better.

Still, this is a very good model idea on my part (I drew it all in a day!). If I do this, congratulations, you get about 1.5 new artworks in one update lol.

On 2022-12-10 at 7:40 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Grineer 'Avanc' Launcher pistol

“A relic of the Grineer-Narmer War, designed in Tengus’ labs. Each bullet from this pistol is actually a tiny Infested organism, which burrows into enemies and spawns a barnacle-like organism that sprays fire in the direction of the wielder . A Tenno that advances quickly can redirect the flame towards enemies, becoming an unpredictable force of destruction.”
--Codex

grineer__avanc__pistol_by_fluffywolf36_d

Lore

Whose idea was this?!”

–Haruka Lorne

“It was me. I will not apologize for art.”
Ginebra Oster

As much as the Grineer Empire have culture, the still-raging Mercury Front left an indelible stain on it. Of the Grineer-Narmer War (typically referred to by Corpus, Tenno, Ostron, and others as the New War) it was truly the Grineer’s most brutal battle, earning a status as equally revered and reviled as the Battle of Venus is to the Corpus.

Narmer razed Grineer complexes, veiling their personnel with impunity and liberating hostages, and Infested outbreaks were seen as a quirk of strategy, such as planning around a storm on Earth or Mars. Grineer deserted to Steel Meridian (or even Kahl’s Regiment) en masse. In addition, they found themselves fighting alongside Corpus auxiliaries to burn out the Infested, which caused no small amount of friction and “friendly” fire incidents.

This is still going on, in reduced capacity, but the Avanc is a relic of the worst of that time. Built in the labs of Doctor Tengus, even as the Mercury Front raged outside, this pistol speaks to an unsettling truth: 

That the Grineer broke the Gradivus Accords to experiment in Infestation-based weaponry.

These pistols were found in Tengus labs on the battle-wracked Mercury, abandoned in one of the three-way battle between Grineer (and allied forces), Narmer, and Infested that still rages to this day.

Each bullet that this pistol fires is in actuality an Infested organism that shoots a spray of flame…. Towards the wielder… on impact.

Whoever designed it must have been quite mad at the time.

The concept behind the Avanc can best be described as “amazingly stupid.” Each bullet is, in fact, an incubator for an Infested mollusc-like creature that sprays fire in the direction of the wielder. Tenno who stay mobile on the battlefield prosper with this pistol, as the flamethrower they’ve spawned tracks them while they rush behind enemy targets in its way.

In addition, the Infested organism holds more “fuel” if it impacts an enemy. Much of the flesh (or metal) displaced by the impact of the round is devoured by the Infested organism, which uses it to further fuel its flamethrower.

Information on its intended use is, to put it simply, conflicting. It has obvious utility against Infested with its incendiary damage, but this is difficult to reconcile with Tengus’ obsession with Infestation. Reports suggest that it was used in the Grineer-Narmer war, further suggesting that it was an anti-Narmer weapon.

Secondly, and perhaps most surprisingly, Solaris “zit-poppers.” Among those contracted to purge or contain the Mercury strain or the Venusian ‘Draugr’ strain, this weapon fetches a high price. 

Thirdly, predictably, the Tenno.

This weapon’s potential with a Warframe’s mobility is, not to put too fine a point on it, Kavatnip to a Tenno. Firing at an enemy, watching the flame lance out towards enemies, and controlling it with their mad dashes…

It’s child’s play for them. One particular quirk of this weapon is that it doesn’t track towards a Tenno in Operator mode, so they can keep its location fixed by staying in Operator mode.

Also, only five flamethrowers can be active at one time. Firing more than that number just causes shots to explode, dealing radial heat damage. I’m too lazy to stat this.

Shared Stats

Fire Rate: 2.8

Reload: 3s

Magazine: 9

On Impact

Status Chance: 18%

55 Impact

40 Slash

15 Puncture

Flamethrower

Magazine: 10

Critical Chance: 18%

Damage: 28 Heat

Status Chance: 33%

Range: 8m

Projectile Type: Discharge

Artist Notes:

Fun fact: Originally, this was a Tenno weapon, but it'd been awhile since I made a Grineer gun and this just seemed to fit,  so then I was all like "Eh"

Digital Extremes once divided their weapons into various categories of precision, crowd control, and bullethose. My thread has innovated a new category partly inspired by playing Spacelords awhile back (I miss Ginebra’s booty) - Flow weapons.

This is a weapon directly interacts with or exaggerates your playstyle - for example, there’s an LMG I made that gains increased damage and fire rate once you cast an ability, a shotgun pistol that refills ammo on melee kills, another shotgun pistol that decreases in accuracy the lower the magazine to encourage you to get up close and personal, and also a revolver pistol I made that has a cryotic shotgun to set enemies up for devastating headshots and/or melee combos.  I’m going to be honest, I think my ability to create gimmicks that aren’t too dependent on headshots kind of peaked on that one. Sort of - I mean, it still requires headshots, but you don’t need them all the time.

There’s also one other thing that all those weapons have in common - oddball stats that encourage strange build setups. For example, the LMG also increases status, so you can have a gun that does 100% status and 100% crit if you build it right or get a unicorn riven. Also, using Mesa’s 1 counts as tapping the ability key twice. And for one of the shotgun pistols, magazine size is tied to accuracy, so adding Ice Storm increases the accuracy of the second and third shots.

This pistol's no different. So here’s some funny notes on things you can do with it: 

• It only spawns one flamethrower. I just didn’t want to go there. The beam from said flamethrower, however, is affected by multishot.

• Beam length is affected by Ruinous Extension. So you might want to put that in Exilus.

• Beam can benefit from Fulmination and Amalgam Furax Body Count.

• Because the beam has its own magazine size, it also benefits from Ice Storm and Combo Fury.

I don’t exactly know how this would get along with Mirage, or lots of other particular Frame interactions, but trust me - this thing is very breakable.

The reload is also inspired by the M1941 Johnson rifle!

• Like 1

On 2023-01-14 at 2:24 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

may create a new weapon model for this at some point - while the current Avanc model is good, I found something that might convey the "pistol-sized grenade launcher" idea I had better.

Still, this is a very good model idea on my part (I drew it all in a day!). If I do this, congratulations, you get about 1.5 new artworks in one update lol.

That's impressive that you drew it only in a day!