Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ohhhh... ohhh, balls. No, no. If anything, I was the one worried about sounding condescending. And I'm sorry if I did. I just wanted you to know I liked the idea, I just had doubts.

...Probably said that before, but I got worried.

OH, nonono! I thought it may have seemed a bit cross of me in what I typed, something along the lines of

"GAWD, GEEZ, I was only trying to work with the $&@! you gave me, but, sure, whatever you ungrateful hack!"

Or something similar.

5 minutes ago, Unus said:

OH, nonono! I thought it may have seemed a bit cross of me in what I typed, something along the lines of

"GAWD, GEEZ, I was only trying to work with the $&@! you gave me, but, sure, whatever you ungrateful hack!"

Or something similar.

Let's just put this behind both of us. As it happens, we both wanted to do the best by each other, but there were consistent misunderstandings. Neither of us meant ill will, so the best we can do is move on and not trip over each other's misguided apologies.

So, as part of my effort to move on, I have a question. There's a rifle idea I floated to Jado, and the ideas were: 

1. Fires in 6-round bursts from a 72 (or 78?) round magazine.
  2. 19% crit chance. Possibly 18 or 21, while also having high status chance. Was considering 37% status, but I think that 28% or 30% may be a better idea.
  3. Scope. This highlights weakpoints, and actually has no effect at all on damage. It's more to help you "walk" the bullets up an enemy for headshots.
  4. The main gimmick here (besides 6-round bursts) was that bodyshots increase or change something about status or damage type. What I was thinking was that body shots with the first five shots of the burst give the sixth round a chance to deal an (elemental) damage type that the health type it's inflicted on is vulnerable to, possibly causing two status effects on the final shot. Example being, if I fire on a Sentient with this rifle modded for radiation damage, it also has a chance to do magnetic due to the bullets adapting to the Sentient armor.

This is almost certainly the most difficult thing I'd have to stat, taking into account the more unique aspects. What do you think I should change? 

"Freeze enemies at range with the Celsia's cryolaser beam, or trade precision for power with its overcharge mode."

corpus__celsia__cryolaser_pdw_by_haruaxe
Shared
Slot: 
Secondary (Yes, really)
Magazine Size: 70
Reload Speed: 1.8s

Primary Fire: Cryolaser Beam
Fires a cryolaser beam
Trigger: Held
Range Limit: 25m
Crit Chance: 17%
Crit Multiplier: 1.8x
Status Chance: 32%
Total Damage: 20.0
     10 cold
     6 slash
     4 puncture
Ammo cost: 0.5 per second

Secondary Fire: Overcharge
Fires a wide-dispersal cryotic beam that freezes enemies. Can shatter enemies that have been frozen by primary fire.
Trigger: auto-charge
Charge Time: 0.2s
Range Limit: 12m
     Maximum damage up to 6.5m
     Minimum damage up to 12m
     83% max damage reduction
Total Damage: 170
     107 cold
     63 Impact
Crit Chance: 19%
Crit Multiplier: 2.1x
Status Chance: 16%
Ammo cost: 14 Ammo Units per shot.
Punch-Through: 0.4m

Lore
"Reliable, flexible, capable of stopping a charging Nox in its tracks! The Celsia is THE perfect pistol in a world that challenges us at every term."
Bek Combat Solutions official sales pitch. Previous drafts that mentioned effectiveness against Tenno were rejected.

The Bek Combat Solutions 'Celsia' PDW (Often known among Corpus Crewmen as the "Cryo SMG" or "Cryolaser SMG") uses a high-intensity cryolaser to slow high-value targets, and open Tenno up to devastating attacks. However, it comes equipped with a unique Overcharge function, firing a wide-dispersal short-range cryolaser beam acting somewhat like the Arca Plasmor for emergency crowd control at short ranges. Funnily enough, that mode was created on accident - an unpaid intern from a Corpus academy accidentally funneled too much power through the focus lens on a test version - but results were found to be so promising and amusing that it was made an official feature. As a reward, the intern was given payment and a lunch break.

The only flaws with the Celsia are its reliance on Venusian materials such as Venerdo alloy, a Zodian lens, rarer materials such as tellurium, and truly awe-inspiring amounts of cryotic. Nonetheless, Anyo Corp is snapping them up at a faster pace than it or Bek manufactories can make them. Production has been especially slow since the famous Mariner Strike on venus, in which a Corpus overseer was beaten to death with his own pelvis. Nonetheless, the prospect of a weapon that can even stand a chance against Tenno, and aid the Corpus in recovering Venus' lost geneforge technology is, in the words of Frohd Bek himself, "Money in the bank."

It has not, however, been imported to Vos Armaments security personnel, due to Anyo Corp's ongoing trade war and rivalry with them, and Vos Armaments' implicit support and armament of secessionist movements in the disputed territory of Ganymede. Perhaps ironically, it's a common sight in the hands of Corpus sent to reclaim Ganymede's fields for Corpus use.

Has a 50% chance to proc a cold status effect, even after modifying it for different elements.

Artist Notes
I can only hope that CCP Games doesn't file a C&D. I'd say more, but it's 2:10 and I have to get to bed at some point.

Anyway. This was envisioned as a secondary version of the Glaxion, with some... minor improvements. An altfire, extra IPS, and I forget what else. Despite the fact that I drew it as a bullpup, it is, indeed, a pistol. It's SMG-size to Corpus crewmen, but pistol-sized to Tenno and more heavyset Corpus.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

11 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Let's just put this behind both of us. As it happens, we both wanted to do the best by each other, but there were consistent misunderstandings. Neither of us meant ill will, so the best we can do is move on and not trip over each other's misguided apologies.

So, as part of my effort to move on, I have a question. There's a rifle idea I floated to Jado, and the ideas were: 

1. Fires in 6-round bursts from a 72 (or 78?) round magazine.
  2. 19% crit chance. Possibly 18 or 21, while also having high status chance. Was considering 37% status, but I think that 28% or 30% may be a better idea.
  3. Scope. This highlights weakpoints, and actually has no effect at all on damage. It's more to help you "walk" the bullets up an enemy for headshots.
  4. The main gimmick here (besides 6-round bursts) was that bodyshots increase or change something about status or damage type. What I was thinking was that body shots with the first five shots of the burst give the sixth round a chance to deal an (elemental) damage type that the health type it's inflicted on is vulnerable to, possibly causing two status effects on the final shot. Example being, if I fire on a Sentient with this rifle modded for radiation damage, it also has a chance to do magnetic due to the bullets adapting to the Sentient armor.

This is almost certainly the most difficult thing I'd have to stat, taking into account the more unique aspects. What do you think I should change? 

(Apologies for the significant delay as always, was struggling a bit with an agonizeing quest I was embarking on to find a notebook that can complete my resume.)

Alright.

I think 72 stabilizes it at a good point.

Hm. . . maybe 21 and 28? Gives it a bit of flexibility into which direction folks wish to bend it. May not be as hard of a hitter, but makes up for it by being an effective "gambler" if you will, armed with loaded dice.

Ah, a cousin to the Argonak's system, perhaps even a stripped piece or a derivative becoming more widespread?

Heh, this idea dates back to one of my earliest entries in the Pit, one I almost homebrewed my own art for before I lost it all in the digital flames of a crash and my chances of doing it again to the mists of time, whipping away from me. . . huh. . . . . 

OH, uh, ahem, memory-tripping aside, could it be possible for it to have a "ramping bonus" for both critical and status chance? Perhaps bodyblows up status while headshots up critical, perhaps even vice-versa so that, if the ratio is getting to onesided, you have to switch to the other one in order to start boosting the statistic you desire? Gimmicky, I know, but, ''twas the thing that came to mind for me. 

11 hours ago, Unus said:

I think 72 stabilizes it at a good point.

As inspired by the Gears of War 1 Hammerburst.

11 hours ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . maybe 21 and 28? Gives it a bit of flexibility into which direction folks wish to bend it. May not be as hard of a hitter, but makes up for it by being an effective "gambler" if you will, armed with loaded dice.

Sounds like a fun idea to give people some build space! I'm also pretty glad it wouldn't involve 100% status. I have a deep terrible feeling about a 37% status primary with good enough crit to be viable for Hunter Munitions. Perhaps someday, on another battle rifle, but I just don't feel good about it.

...Granted, we have Strun Wraith, but that's something of a non-issue seeing as I use that free space for a riven.

11 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, a cousin to the Argonak's system, perhaps even a stripped piece or a derivative becoming more widespread?

Not exactly. It's more like the Garnlok's scope, which only highlights enemies when you tap the altfire button and scope in. (I haven't thought of the Garnlok in super long!)

11 hours ago, Unus said:

OH, uh, ahem, memory-tripping aside, could it be possible for it to have a "ramping bonus" for both critical and status chance? Perhaps bodyblows up status while headshots up critical, perhaps even vice-versa so that, if the ratio is getting to onesided, you have to switch to the other one in order to start boosting the statistic you desire? Gimmicky, I know, but, ''twas the thing that came to mind for me. 

I do like that idea, but I was also planning on a critical burst rifle that's...

Well, imagine if an Arca Scisco was a burstfire rifle. And it had the Headseeker perk from Destiny 1. I like how you're thinking, but I'm a bit skittish of having too much overlap here. I might experiment with it, see what works...

Also fun fact: I'm experimenting with the idea of unique Corpus forge aesthetics a la Borderlands and Destiny 1. Arca has... uh, the Arca aesthetic, (Blues or purples, yellows, slablike proportions, telescoping) with a focus on experimental, exotic weaponry. I may or may not have Anyo Corp as a unique forge, as I'm not entirely sure that Arca doesn't work for them. It's not likely, but possible. If I do, I'll portray them as a combination of Hyperion and Tediore.

Salad V's little Myconian operation, as seen with the Avestrucera, would be... sort of like a combination of Tediore and Bandit. Cheap and homemade, but reliable. Also, colored with lots of grays and oranges.

Luxor is kind of like Hakke or Dahl cause it keeps pounding out old reliable milspec silver and gray designs without any bizarre flourishes. The thought occurs that they may have made the Tessera. 

Vos Armaments is (weirdly enough) like a combination of Bandit and Maliwan or Omolon, on account of using recycled parts from other guns (like Bandit) but using them for strange, experimental designs rivaling Arca (Like Maliwan or Omolon).

Bek Combat Solutions, though? I'm thinking they'll have something like the Caldari aesthetic from Dust 514, but with more Corpus influence. The Celsia is basically a Corpus version of this thing:

josh-powers-d514-bolt-pistol-lo.jpg?1440

Speaking of Bek Combat Solutions, any thoughts on the Celsia?

18 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

"Freeze enemies at range with the Celsia's cryolaser beam, or trade precision for power with its overcharge mode."

corpus__celsia__cryolaser_pdw_by_haruaxe
Shared
Slot: 
Secondary (Yes, really)
Magazine Size: 70
Reload Speed: 1.8s

Primary Fire: Cryolaser Beam
Fires a cryolaser beam
Trigger: Held
Range Limit: 25m
Crit Chance: 17%
Crit Multiplier: 1.8x
Status Chance: 32%
Total Damage: 20.0
     10 cold
     6 slash
     4 puncture
Ammo cost: 0.5 per second

Secondary Fire: Overcharge
Fires a wide-dispersal cryotic beam that freezes enemies. Can shatter enemies that have been frozen by primary fire.
Trigger: auto-charge
Charge Time: 0.2s
Range Limit: 12m
     Maximum damage up to 6.5m
     Minimum damage up to 12m
     83% max damage reduction
Total Damage: 170
     107 cold
     63 Impact
Crit Chance: 19%
Crit Multiplier: 2.1x
Status Chance: 16%
Ammo cost: 14 Ammo Units per shot.
Punch-Through: 0.4m

Lore
"Reliable, flexible, capable of stopping a charging Nox in its tracks! The Celsia is THE perfect pistol in a world that challenges us at every term."
Bek Combat Solutions official sales pitch. Previous drafts that mentioned effectiveness against Tenno were rejected.

The Bek Combat Solutions 'Celsia' PDW (Often known among Corpus Crewmen as the "Cryo SMG" or "Cryolaser SMG") uses a high-intensity cryolaser to slow high-value targets, and open Tenno up to devastating attacks. However, it comes equipped with a unique Overcharge function, firing a wide-dispersal short-range cryolaser beam acting somewhat like the Arca Plasmor for emergency crowd control at short ranges. Funnily enough, that mode was created on accident - an unpaid intern from a Corpus academy accidentally funneled too much power through the focus lens on a test version - but results were found to be so promising and amusing that it was made an official feature. As a reward, the intern was given payment and a lunch break.

The only flaws with the Celsia are its reliance on Venusian materials such as Venerdo alloy, a Zodian lens, rarer materials such as tellurium, and truly awe-inspiring amounts of cryotic. Nonetheless, Anyo Corp is snapping them up at a faster pace than it or Bek manufactories can make them. Production has been especially slow since the famous Mariner Strike on venus, in which a Corpus overseer was beaten to death with his own pelvis. Nonetheless, the prospect of a weapon that can even stand a chance against Tenno, and aid the Corpus in recovering Venus' lost geneforge technology is, in the words of Frohd Bek himself, "Money in the bank."

It has not, however, been imported to Vos Armaments security personnel, due to Anyo Corp's ongoing trade war and rivalry with them, and Vos Armaments' implicit support and armament of secessionist movements in the disputed territory of Ganymede. Perhaps ironically, it's a common sight in the hands of Corpus sent to reclaim Ganymede's fields for Corpus use.

Has a 50% chance to proc a cold status effect, even after modifying it for different elements.

Artist Notes
I can only hope that CCP Games doesn't file a C&D. I'd say more, but it's 2:10 and I have to get to bed at some point.

Anyway. This was envisioned as a secondary version of the Glaxion, with some... minor improvements. An altfire, extra IPS, and I forget what else. Despite the fact that I drew it as a bullpup, it is, indeed, a pistol. It's SMG-size to Corpus crewmen, but pistol-sized to Tenno and more heavyset Corpus.

Initiating Evaluatory Response:

AH, this is the cryogenic gun you posted in your possibilities list a fair ways back.

Ah, the beam mode is mostly a status applicator eh? Might have a synergy with yet another weapon elsewhere that requires it.

Heh, lookit dat, accidental psychic predication. Chill, then, push below zero for a funky fresh flash freeze.

Fair, fair, statistics seem to be panning ou. . . ah, there's that old fellow punch-through at the bottom! Hehe.

Ah, an ingrained flat bonus? Are there any other weapons with similar "must haves"?

C.C.P. Games? So. . . Dust? Eve?

4 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

As inspired by the Gears of War 1 Hammerburst.

Sounds like a fun idea to give people some build space! I'm also pretty glad it wouldn't involve 100% status. I have a deep terrible feeling about a 37% status primary with good enough crit to be viable for Hunter Munitions. Perhaps someday, on another battle rifle, but I just don't feel good about it.

...Granted, we have Strun Wraith, but that's something of a non-issue seeing as I use that free space for a riven.

Not exactly. It's more like the Garnlok's scope, which only highlights enemies when you tap the altfire button and scope in. (I haven't thought of the Garnlok in super long!)

I do like that idea, but I was also planning on a critical burst rifle that's...

Well, imagine if an Arca Scisco was a burstfire rifle. And it had the Headseeker perk from Destiny 1. I like how you're thinking, but I'm a bit skittish of having too much overlap here. I might experiment with it, see what works...

Also fun fact: I'm experimenting with the idea of unique Corpus forge aesthetics a la Borderlands and Destiny 1. Arca has... uh, the Arca aesthetic, (Blues or purples, yellows, slablike proportions, telescoping) with a focus on experimental, exotic weaponry. I may or may not have Anyo Corp as a unique forge, as I'm not entirely sure that Arca doesn't work for them. It's not likely, but possible. If I do, I'll portray them as a combination of Hyperion and Tediore.

Salad V's little Myconian operation, as seen with the Avestrucera, would be... sort of like a combination of Tediore and Bandit. Cheap and homemade, but reliable. Also, colored with lots of grays and oranges.

Luxor is kind of like Hakke or Dahl cause it keeps pounding out old reliable milspec silver and gray designs without any bizarre flourishes. The thought occurs that they may have made the Tessera. 

Vos Armaments is (weirdly enough) like a combination of Bandit and Maliwan or Omolon, on account of using recycled parts from other guns (like Bandit) but using them for strange, experimental designs rivaling Arca (Like Maliwan or Omolon).

Bek Combat Solutions, though? I'm thinking they'll have something like the Caldari aesthetic from Dust 514, but with more Corpus influence. The Celsia is basically a Corpus version of this thing:

josh-powers-d514-bolt-pistol-lo.jpg?1440

Speaking of Bek Combat Solutions, any thoughts on the Celsia?

AH, bursts so close togethor they seem to be single shots. I recall the machines, interesting thing that I didn't quite expect from the grubs, biologically superior in close-combat prowess as they are.

Understandable.

Ah, a throwback from the ancient days! I think I recall the Garn.

Hm, I see. always nice to have a little "just-in-case" skittishness with possible releases.

AH! A Manufacturer/Forge system!  Not unprecedented, given, as you say, the "Arca" series. Hm, reminds me that I need to find a way to make a logo or two for my own recurrent groups, at least, in a physical format rather then a written one.

So, do you actually WANT them to reflect in a Borderlandsian style, or do you want to come up with your own? 

4 hours ago, Unus said:

AH, this is the cryogenic gun you posted in your possibilities list a fair ways back.

Yeah, you know it dawg! Figured it'd be nice to not just make a PDW, but a freeze ray.

4 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, the beam mode is mostly a status applicator eh? Might have a synergy with yet another weapon elsewhere that requires it.

It would seem to be so. I was... a bit skittish of making a secondary crit beam that also had an altfire. Perhaps sometime, then. With the Fidelias.

4 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, lookit dat, accidental psychic predication. Chill, then, push below zero for a funky fresh flash freeze.

Well, that and remembering the Cryogun from Resisty 3.

https://resistance.wikia.com/wiki/Cryogun 

I never actually played Resistance 3, but the idea of a freeze ray with a shatter mode was too cool to pass up. I figured that I might want to put it in Warframe, but I couldn't make it a primary because everyone would (quite rightly) suspect it'd be a Glaxion but better. Making it a pistol gives the...

...Okay, it still likely outclasses the Glaxion, but it's less redundant than it could have been. And that's good, right?

4 hours ago, Unus said:

Fair, fair, statistics seem to be panning ou. . . ah, there's that old fellow punch-through at the bottom! Hehe.

I couldn't stop myself this time. 😛It seemed like a good thing to work with "shatter mode."

4 hours ago, Unus said:

AH, bursts so close togethor they seem to be single shots. I recall the machines, interesting thing that I didn't quite expect from the grubs, biologically superior in close-combat prowess as they are.

Which is funny, because people have often said that the Quartakk reminds them of that old Hammerburst. Honestly, I just wanted to do a 6-round burst rifle =D

4 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, an ingrained flat bonus? Are there any other weapons with similar "must haves"?

The Astilla and Arca Plasmor have guaranteed impact procs, and the Acrid has a guaranteed toxin proc. There's probably more, but I don't know em.

4 hours ago, Unus said:

C.C.P. Games? So. . . Dust? Eve?

Yep.

4 hours ago, Unus said:

AH! A Manufacturer/Forge system!  Not unprecedented, given, as you say, the "Arca" series. Hm, reminds me that I need to find a way to make a logo or two for my own recurrent groups, at least, in a physical format rather then a written one.

I can help you with that if you want. As for Borderlands-ish style... maybe? I'm still trying to figure out the Vos Armaments style.

Yeah, you know it dawg! Figured it'd be nice to not just make a PDW, but a freeze ray.

It would seem to be so. I was... a bit skittish of making a secondary crit beam that also had an altfire. Perhaps sometime, then. With the Fidelias.

Well, that and remembering the Cryogun from Resisty 3.

https://resistance.wikia.com/wiki/Cryogun 

I never actually played Resistance 3, but the idea of a freeze ray with a shatter mode was too cool to pass up. I figured that I might want to put it in Warframe, but I couldn't make it a primary because everyone would (quite rightly) suspect it'd be a Glaxion but better. Making it a pistol gives the...

...Okay, it still likely outclasses the Glaxion, but it's less redundant than it could have been. And that's good, right?

I couldn't stop myself this time. 😛It seemed like a good thing to work with "shatter mode."

Which is funny, because people have often said that the Quartakk reminds them of that old Hammerburst. Honestly, I just wanted to do a 6-round burst rifle =D

The Astilla and Arca Plasmor have guaranteed impact procs, and the Acrid has a guaranteed toxin proc. There's probably more, but I don't know em.

Yep.

I can help you with that if you want. As for Borderlands-ish style... maybe? I'm still trying to figure out the Vos Armaments style.

Heh, the fun of ever-evolveing concepts.

Fair.

Hm. . . "The Faithful" eh? What would that be?

Huh, Resistance eh? Boy howdy, there's a series I haven't heard much of for a very long time.

For sure! Just because the Brakk exists, doesn't mean everyone's thrown out their Heks and vice-versa.

Something like those "exploding trees" that occur in Canada, when water in the wood's cracks freezes and expands?

Works for me as an answer! Following your imaginings.

Eh, sometime, when things are calmer perhaps, want to make sure we have your designs down to pat before I poke you for anything involveing the F.M.F. or the E.W.S.G..

Speaking of. . . hm. . . could it be that the weapon's they make are unique? "Niche" weapons of quality that aren't really pumped out on an industrial scale?

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . "The Faithful" eh? What would that be?

A Corpus beam pistol that works kind of like A Thousand Voices from Destiny 2. The idea was that it dates back to the Old War, and it was a gift to a Corpus industrialist for pioneering in Old War-era weaponry. Kind of like this pistol owned by Theodore Roosevelt.  

7799ff343abcba7b262dca2085c6be3f.jpg

There'd be some hybrids of aesthetic there - the boxiness of a Corpus gun, combined with the gold and wood of an Orokin gun. Honestly though I just wanted to make a Corpus gun with gold and wood.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Taking a short break from my fanfic (and Ganymede) to make a shotgun. I just made a big fanfic update on another website, I need to do something refreshing and uncomplicated. That said, art for Ganymede will take precedence, probably.

dont bite off more than you can chew.  good luck Fluffy.

3 hours ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

dont bite off more than you can chew.  good luck Fluffy.

Ah, don't worry about it. I just need my hobbies to not be work for a bit.  I'll be fine by the end of the week, I just need to chill.

If you're wondering about the shotgun...

˙lɐɔᴉʇɔɐʇ ʎɹǝʌ llɐ s,ʇI ˙ɯooz ɹǝɥƃᴉɥ sɐɥ ǝpoɯ dɯnd 'ǝƃuɐɹ ɹǝƃuol ɹoɟ sᴉ uoᴉʇɔɐ-dɯnd s∀ ˙ʇᴉɹɔ puɐ snʇɐʇs uᴉ sǝƃɐʇuɐʌpɐ ǝnbᴉun ǝʌɐɥ ɥɔɐǝ ɥɔᴉɥʍ 'sǝpoɯ oʇnɐ-ᴉɯǝs puɐ uoᴉʇɔɐ-dɯnd uᴉ pǝɹᴉɟ ǝq uɐɔ ʇᴉ puɐ 'ɯoʇʇoq ǝɥʇ uo sᴉ lǝɹɹɐq ǝɥʇ 'doʇ ǝɥʇ uo sᴉ ǝuᴉzɐƃɐɯ ǝɥʇ

¿ɥnɥ 'ʇɐǝN ˙unƃʇoɥs uʍop-ǝpᴉsdn sᴉɥʇ ʎq pǝɹᴉdsuᴉ s,ʇI

8 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I think this prop is about as close as the world has ever gotten to a Grineer Glock.

I wonder if I can take it further

hqdefault.jpg

Trying to read the label, what IS that thing? Some manner of energy weapon?

3 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

behold they cut Gagarin down but STILL HE SPEAKS

kosmos.png

So. . . swingout cylinder? Break-action?

23 minutes ago, Unus said:

Trying to read the label, what IS that thing? Some manner of energy weapon?

It's one of the props from The Expanse. It's a fairly cheap ballistic pistol.

22 minutes ago, Unus said:

So. . . swingout cylinder? Break-action?

Break-action, yes. Exactly like this:

1486471753_toz-81-mars-5.jpg

13 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

It's one of the props from The Expanse. It's a fairly cheap ballistic pistol.

Break-action, yes. Exactly like this:

1486471753_toz-81-mars-5.jpg

Huh, must be electrically fired or some such similar mechanic. Otherwise, I can only think of that being a brand logo or the like on the side there.

Understood.

8 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

RAWKETS.png?width=800&height=357

rockets

My computron is. . . Displaying a big empty space dubbed "RAWKETS".

NOTE: Gagarin's unique arch-gun will come later. I am, however, sitting on a completed post here, so I might as well.

'Gagarin' Weapon Set

tenno__gagarin__warframe_weapon_set_by_h

"These are the weapons of the lost frame Gagarin. Use them well, Tenno."

(NOTE: Because this is going to be SUPER wall-of-texty on deviantart, I'm going to leave the REAL crunch at the bottom in the artist notes)

'Kosmos' Survival Shotgun Revolver
"Standard equipment for Orokin 'Seedpot' dropcraft. Designed to ensure survival during operations on the fringes of civilized space. This Tenno pistol fires both buckshot, and signal flare rounds that were quickly re-adapted for combat."
Trigger - Duplex-Auto. 
Capacity 
Primary Fire - Phosphorus Buck. Fires a spray of superheated phosphorous buckshot that does standard IPS damage, in addition to heat damage. Excellent Critical potential.
Secondary Fire - Flare Rounds. Fires a flare round that does heat damage AoE, and is capable of forcing three status effects per hit. Yes, yes it does. You're welcome.

Invented for use midway through the Old War, during the Second Great Plague as the Orokin deployed the Technocyte Virus in a desperate attempt to stall the Sentient advance. As colony after colony went dark and the Orokin made a resurgence, reclaiming lost colony after lost colony, the Orokin commissioned explorers and scientists to research the Infestation growth's entirely coincidental and wholly necessary consumption of colonies. For all the trouble these outer colonies caused, it was absolutely a tragedy  that they were assimilated by Technocyte matter. 

The Kosmos was meant to ensure survival in these desolate Technocyte gardens. The buckshot was for use against roving Infested combat-forms, while the flare rounds were made for signaling friendlies. As it turned out, having an explosive high-heat weapon was of great use against Infested. It was, perhaps, an odd choice for a Warframe's sidearm, but then Gagarin had always kept Orokin tradition at arm's length.

Fun fact: You can change the ammo type while still holding down on the right trigger. Neat, huh?

Korolev Rocket Launcher
"Tracking atomic rocket launcher. With some patience, a Korolev's rockets can always find their destination."
Trigger - semi
Capacity - 3. Loads shell-by-shell like the Zarr.
Primary Fire - Dumbfire. Fires an unguided rocket. It does radiation AoE.
Secondary Fire - Zoom. Adds increased zoom. Aiming at an enemy for a short period of time will add tracking to the rocket.
Blast Radius - 6.0m
Special Traits 
         Airburst - 
Rounds explode when within 40% (Base - 2.4m) of the blast radius of an enemy. Much like the Proxima, adding a mod that increases blast radius increases the effectiveness here.
         Predator Munition - comes with inherent punch-through. However, due to Airburst, it does not overpenetrate enemies. It can, however, laugh in the face of cover. 

One of the very few explosive weapons in the Tenno arsenal, the Korolev rocket launcher creates radioactive, shrapnel-filled explosions within 2 meters of an enemy. This inflicts blast procs, radiation procs, and slash procs on enemies. It was designed to lacerate and corrode Sentient alloy armor.

Fun fact: The Korolev has no radiation self-damage. Meaning that not only is this incredibly safe to use, it's also not a griefing tool.

Singulare Gravity Hammer
"Draw enemies in with the force of gravity itself, and pummel them with this devastating Tenno maul."
Weapon type: Maul
Special Traits

Slam attacks create a singularity that sucks in nearby enemies. This does magnetic damage.
         The higher you do a slam attack from, the more damage it does, and the larger its radius.

The preferred melee weapon of the Warframe 'Gagarin'. Apocryphal Ganymedean legends describe him dropping on Sentient positions from orbit with this hammer, and pummeling them with this very hammer.

Artist Notes: 
The weapons of the Warframe 'Gagarin'. The Kosmos, if you're wondering, is inspired by the Russian TOZ-81 Mars pistol, a shotgun revolver intended to be a survival sidearm for cosmonauts landing in Siberia. However, it lost to another Soviet weapon, the TP-82, which is capable of firing a rifle round, and a shotgun round.

STATS

Kosmos
Trigger - Duplex-Auto. 
Capacity 
Reload: 1.8
Fire Rate - 2.2s

Primary Fire - Phosphorus Buck.
Crit Chance - 24%
Crit Multiplier - 2.1x
Status - 19%
Pellets - 12 
Damage - 216 (18 per pellet)
          69 Slash
          61 Heat
          49 impact
          37 Puncture

Secondary Fire - Flare Rounds. 
Status Chance: 
30%
Crit Chance: 14%
Crit Multiplier: 1.9x
Damage: 176 (NOTE: This may have been a bad idea) 
          84 Heat
          60 Slash
          30 Impact
          2 Puncture

Korolev
Trigger - semi
Capacity 3. Loads shell-by-shell like the Zarr.
Blast Radius - 6.0m
Crit Chance: 22%
Crit Multiplier: 2.3x
Status Chance: 30%
Damage: 534
          269 Radiation
          191 blast
          94 Slash

Singulare
Attack Speed - 
Block Resist - 75%
Channeling Damage: 1.5x
Damage - 125
          40 Puncture
          70 Impact
          15 slash
Crit Chance - 27%
Crit Multiplier 2.0x
Status Chance - 19%
Slam Attack - 250
Slam Radius - 8m
Slide Attack - 250
Wall Attack - 250

• Like 1

20 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

NOTE: Gagarin's unique arch-gun will come later. I am, however, sitting on a completed post here, so I might as well.

'Gagarin' Weapon Set

Really nice stuff as always, I would be really happy if even one of your concepts got added to the game.

20 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

'Gagarin' Weapon Set

tenno__gagarin__warframe_weapon_set_by_h

"These are the weapons of the lost frame Gagarin. Use them well, Tenno."

(NOTE: Because this is going to be SUPER wall-of-texty on deviantart, I'm going to leave the REAL crunch at the bottom in the artist notes)

'Kosmos' Survival Shotgun Revolver
"Standard equipment for Orokin 'Seedpot' dropcraft. Designed to ensure survival during operations on the fringes of civilized space. This Tenno pistol fires both buckshot, and signal flare rounds that were quickly re-adapted for combat."
Trigger - Duplex-Auto. 
Capacity 
Primary Fire - Phosphorus Buck. Fires a spray of superheated phosphorous buckshot that does standard IPS damage, in addition to heat damage. Excellent Critical potential.
Secondary Fire - Flare Rounds. Fires a flare round that does heat damage AoE, and is capable of forcing three status effects per hit. Yes, yes it does. You're welcome.

Invented for use midway through the Old War, during the Second Great Plague as the Orokin deployed the Technocyte Virus in a desperate attempt to stall the Sentient advance. As colony after colony went dark and the Orokin made a resurgence, reclaiming lost colony after lost colony, the Orokin commissioned explorers and scientists to research the Infestation growth's entirely coincidental and wholly necessary consumption of colonies. For all the trouble these outer colonies caused, it was absolutely a tragedy  that they were assimilated by Technocyte matter. 

The Kosmos was meant to ensure survival in these desolate Technocyte gardens. The buckshot was for use against roving Infested combat-forms, while the flare rounds were made for signaling friendlies. As it turned out, having an explosive high-heat weapon was of great use against Infested. It was, perhaps, an odd choice for a Warframe's sidearm, but then Gagarin had always kept Orokin tradition at arm's length.

Fun fact: You can change the ammo type while still holding down on the right trigger. Neat, huh?

Korolev Rocket Launcher
"Tracking atomic rocket launcher. With some patience, a Korolev's rockets can always find their destination."
Trigger - semi
Capacity - 3. Loads shell-by-shell like the Zarr.
Primary Fire - Dumbfire. Fires an unguided rocket. It does radiation AoE.
Secondary Fire - Zoom. Adds increased zoom. Aiming at an enemy for a short period of time will add tracking to the rocket.
Blast Radius - 6.0m
Special Traits 
         Airburst - 
Rounds explode when within 40% (Base - 2.4m) of the blast radius of an enemy. Much like the Proxima, adding a mod that increases blast radius increases the effectiveness here.
         Predator Munition - comes with inherent punch-through. However, due to Airburst, it does not overpenetrate enemies. It can, however, laugh in the face of cover. 

One of the very few explosive weapons in the Tenno arsenal, the Korolev rocket launcher creates radioactive, shrapnel-filled explosions within 2 meters of an enemy. This inflicts blast procs, radiation procs, and slash procs on enemies. It was designed to lacerate and corrode Sentient alloy armor.

Fun fact: The Korolev has no radiation self-damage. Meaning that not only is this incredibly safe to use, it's also not a griefing tool.

Singulare Gravity Hammer
"Draw enemies in with the force of gravity itself, and pummel them with this devastating Tenno maul."
Weapon type: Maul
Special Traits

Slam attacks create a singularity that sucks in nearby enemies. This does magnetic damage.
         The higher you do a slam attack from, the more damage it does, and the larger its radius.

The preferred melee weapon of the Warframe 'Gagarin'. Apocryphal Ganymedean legends describe him dropping on Sentient positions from orbit with this hammer, and pummeling them with this very hammer.

Artist Notes: 
The weapons of the Warframe 'Gagarin'. The Kosmos, if you're wondering, is inspired by the Russian TOZ-81 Mars pistol, a shotgun revolver intended to be a survival sidearm for cosmonauts landing in Siberia. However, it lost to another Soviet weapon, the TP-82, which is capable of firing a rifle round, and a shotgun round.

STATS

Kosmos
Trigger - Duplex-Auto. 
Capacity 
Reload: 1.8
Fire Rate - 2.2s

Primary Fire - Phosphorus Buck.
Crit Chance - 24%
Crit Multiplier - 2.2x
Status - 19%
Pellets - 12 
Damage - 216 (18 per pellet)
          69 Slash
          61 Heat
          49 impact
          37 Puncture

Secondary Fire - Flare Rounds. 
Status Chance: 
30%
Crit Chance: 14%
Crit Multiplier: 1.9x
Damage: 176 (NOTE: This may have been a bad idea) 
          84 Heat
          60 Slash
          30 Impact
          2 Puncture

Korolev
Trigger - semi
Capacity 3. Loads shell-by-shell like the Zarr.
Blast Radius - 6.0m
Crit Chance: 22%
Crit Multiplier: 2.3x
Status Chance: 30%
Damage: 534
          269 Radiation
          191 blast
          94 Slash

Singulare
Attack Speed - 
Block Resist - 75%
Channeling Damage: 1.5x
Damage - 125
          40 Puncture
          70 Impact
          15 slash
Crit Chance - 30%%
Crit Multiplier 2.0x
Status Chance - 19%
Slam Attack - 250
Slam Radius - 8m
Slide Attack - 250
Wall Attack - 250

Artistic Notes:

I gotta say, there's something about the Kosmos' outline and the  Korolov's under-barrel that seems a bit. . . messy. The hammer, aside from insignificant random flecks, is EASILY of the quality I've seen you put out time and again, but, the guns look a little bit rough in those two ways.

Mechanical Pokeing:

A little more critical Chance then the Purana, with a lot less fire-rate eh? Think I see what your aiming for.

Ah. . . eck, might wanna save that critical damage for a possible Prime Variant. No non-prime shotpistol has that kinda critical damage value. Range is from 1.5 to 2.0.

Status Chance is fair on both ends, falls smoothly into parameters.

Damage works on the front end, but, damage on the back end is a little high. Knocking it down by, say, 20 should bring it back into the high end of explosive norms.

GADZOOKS the damage on this one! Spikes out of the explosive weapons range by triple digits! Yowza.

Critical Chance on this fellow is a bit on the high side.

Ack, I HATE being that guy, but. . . Critical Damage goes outside of norms by a small margin. No explosive goes beyond 2.0X.

Status Chance safely falls into the right parameters.

Swing speed on this one falls outside of hammer norms, but, not enough to be to far of a jump.

Damage is functional.

Critical Chance is a bit high for a hammer, double digitlly so.

Status Chance is safe.

Voila, my report. Really gotta figure how to accelerate my own production line on the Tripura gun.

3 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Really nice stuff as always, I would be really happy if even one of your concepts got added to the game.

Thanks so much, dood.

That would be a dream come true.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

I gotta say, there's something about the Kosmos' outline and the  Korolov's under-barrel that seems a bit. . . messy. The hammer, aside from insignificant random flecks, is EASILY of the quality I've seen you put out time and again, but, the guns look a little bit rough in those two ways.

I drew them on a pretty small scale, and used the lasso tool to remove a lot of the remaining bits of paper around them. It's... it can be a messy process.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

A little more critical Chance then the Purana, with a lot less fire-rate eh? Think I see what your aiming for.

To be honest, I had no idea what I was aiming for here a lot of the time. It was sort of "aesthetic and idea" over the actual crunch here... till I decided to take some inspiration from Euphona Prime.

It was... sort of meant to be Euphona Prime, but more forgiving build-wise. If you build for pure status it'll be fine in both modes, if you build for pure crit it'll be good in one mode and just okay in the other, but you'll probably still be alright if you go for a crit-status build.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah. . . eck, might wanna save that critical damage for a possible Prime Variant. No non-prime shotpistol has that kinda critical damage value. Range is from 1.5 to 2.0.

I will consider this. Probably just gonna nerf it back to 2.0.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Damage works on the front end, but, damage on the back end is a little high. Knocking it down by, say, 20 should bring it back into the high end of explosive norms.

Ohhhhh.... yeah, that was a bit odd. I probably should've mentioned this earlier, but I was actually taking more inspiration from shotgun slug weapons like the Euphona... and Astilla. The idea was that it the flares act like the Astilla's AoE slugs, but with fire damage.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

GADZOOKS the damage on this one! Spikes out of the explosive weapons range by triple digits! Yowza.

It's not as crazy as it seems. Since this thing is airburst, and thus doesn't have initial impact, it skips straight to the explosion. The Ogris' damage on explosion is listed as 600, so 534 (with slightly more crit) seemed like a safe bet. It may actually be lower than rocket launcher-like primaries such as the Lenz and Ogris!

Which is what the slightly above-average crit is meant to compensate for.

If anything statistically seems a bit off about the Korolev, it's probably because of the airbursting capability. That and the fact that it's another primary rocket launcher.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Damage is functional.

Critical Chance is a bit high for a hammer, double digitlly so.

Status Chance is safe.

I'm genuinely relieved that I got this many things right with a melee weapon. I'll probably bring the critical chance down to 27% or so, then. 

Thanks for your commentary as always!

Need any help with the Tripura?