Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Tenno 'Vlcak' Heavy Machine Pistol

tenno__vlcak__heavy_machine_pistol_by_ha

Codex: “Firing from two barrels, this high-caliber blow-forward machine pistol is the most powerful and compact automatic weapon in the Tenno arsenal… or so the forgemaster claimed. However, this is at the cost of below-average fire rate and high recoil in an unwieldy side-to-side pattern.”

Rate Of Fire: 3.8
Recoil: Med-high
Special Trait - Horizontal Recoil: Self-explanatory.

Lore

The younger brother to the Tenno Bruin Automatic Rifle, the blow-forward double-barrel Vlcak machine pistol fires high-powered 11.4mm rounds more suitable to a magnum revolver. As an overpowered machine pistol, it may seem to be everything a Tenno can want…

…But it has its problems, all the same. Such as is its unwieldy side-to-side recoil, caused by its unique blow-forward mechanism. Its below-average reload speed. The lack of the Bruin’s “First Strike” trait and increased zoom. A lower magazine size. Lower fire-rate that most automatic sidearms. The fact that, due to its unique recoil, it is impractical in the extreme to dual-wield.

It has its advantages, though. Like the Bruin, it can easily be used in a marksman role, except in this case the Vlcak has higher capacity (but lower power) than the various magnum handguns of the game. And, while bullet jumping, its horizontal recoil makes tracking an enemy incredibly easy. And of course, there's its high power and magazine size.

Compared to the Bruin, it has lower damage, less crowd-control, lower fire rate, and worse recoil. However, when fully modded with the standard damage and multishot mods of a pistol, along with Primed mods, it easily keeps pace (and perhaps beats) the Bruin in terms of pure damage and crit.

Artist Notes

Ever played Titanfall 2? Then you know, love, hate (or both!) the Alternator SMG. A unique weapon that works as both an SMG and a poor man's marksman rifle. While the Bruin was heavily inspired by the Alternator in terms of usage as a semiauto rifle, I have to admit it's basically the Flatline now with the introduction of the Vlcak. Sure, the stats are good, but…

…There’s drawbacks. There’s lots of drawbacks. Namely, the fact that the Vlcak lacks 3 out of the 4 special traits I gave to the Bruin, such as:

• First Strike: The first round fired when accuracy is completely recovered adds +16% of total weapon damage.
  • Altfire: None, but it does have increased zoom. This adds +20% crit damage.

Knowing that this is a crit machine pistol, and I slapped all of those on to the Bruin to make it a viable crit semiauto, well... I just didn't want to go there. Warframe's game balance is less of a law and more of an agreement between friends, (What? You know it's true!) and giving this stuff to a pistol (which has primed crit mods!) just seemed like an awful idea.

Also: It can, technically, be dual-wielded in the same way that .50 Beowulf M4s can be dual-wielded. It's possible, but it's so heavy and impractical you really shouldn't. As such, a Twin Vlcak will never be released. Seriously, if you've ever used the Alternator from Titanfall, you would not want to dual-wield something with that recoil. It'd be a nightmare to control. It'd be like the machine pistol equivalent of the Bronco series, which are basically "get within punching range and pull the trigger." You really do not want a dual Vlcak.

Speaking of which, it's pronounced "Vul-chak." As named after the Czech Vlcak dog breed. They're fluffy.

One of the cosmetic options for this lets you extend the stock! It has absolutely no effect on gameplay, but it is cool.

STATS

Damage - 45
      21 Impact
      16 slash
      8 puncture
Crit Chance: 26%
Crit Multiplier: 2.4x
Headshot Multiplier: 3.75x
Status Chance: 17%
Magazine: 26

Special Traits  - Horizontal recoil.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36

On 2019-02-02 at 1:59 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Vlcak' Heavy Machine Pistol

tenno__vlcak__heavy_machine_pistol_by_ha

Codex: “Firing from two barrels, this high-caliber blow-forward machine pistol is the most powerful and compact automatic weapon in the Tenno arsenal… or so the forgemaster claimed. However, this is at the cost of below-average fire rate and high recoil in an unwieldy side-to-side pattern.”

Special Trait - Horizontal Recoil: Self-explanatory.

Lore

The younger brother to the Tenno Bruin Automatic Rifle, the blow-forward double-barrel Vlcak machine pistol fires high-powered 11.4mm rounds more suitable to a magnum revolver. As an overpowered machine pistol, it may seem to be everything a Tenno can want…

…But it has its problems, all the same. Such as is its unwieldy side-to-side recoil, caused by its unique blow-forward mechanism. Its below-average reload speed. The lack of the Bruin’s “First Strike” trait and increased zoom. A lower magazine size. Lower fire-rate that most automatic sidearms. The fact that, due to its unique recoil, it is impractical in the extreme to dual-wield.

It has its advantages, though. Like the Bruin, it can easily be used in a marksman role, except in this case the Vlcak has higher capacity (but lower power) than the various magnum handguns of the game. And, while bullet jumping, its horizontal recoil makes tracking an enemy incredibly easy. And of course, there's its high power and magazine size.

Compared to the Bruin, it has lower damage, less crowd-control, lower fire rate, and worse recoil. However, when fully modded with the standard damage and multishot mods of a pistol, along with Primed mods, it easily keeps pace (and perhaps beats) the Bruin in terms of pure damage and crit.

Artist Notes

Ever played Titanfall 2? Then you know, love, hate (or both!) the Alternator SMG. A unique weapon that works as both an SMG and a poor man's marksman rifle. While the Bruin was heavily inspired by the Alternator in terms of usage as a semiauto rifle, I have to admit it's basically the Flatline now with the introduction of the Vlcak. Sure, the stats are good, but…

…There’s drawbacks. There’s lots of drawbacks. Namely, the fact that the Vlcak lacks 3 out of the 4 special traits I gave to the Bruin, such as:

• First Strike: The first round fired when accuracy is completely recovered adds +16% of total weapon damage.
  • Headshot Bonus: Has abnormally high headshot bonus in addition to crits, making headshots with this weapon far deadlier. To explain - normally, headshots do 2X damage. The Bruin's headshots do 2.5.
  • Altfire: None, but it does have increased zoom. This adds +16% crit damage.

Knowing that this is a crit machine pistol, and I slapped all of those on to the Bruin to make it a viable crit semiauto, well... I just didn't want to go there. Warframe's game balance is less of a law and more of an agreement between friends, (What? You know it's true!) and giving this stuff to a pistol (which has primed crit mods!) just seemed like an awful idea.

Also: It can, technically, be dual-wielded in the same way that .50 Beowulf M4s can be dual-wielded. It's possible, but it's so heavy and impractical you really shouldn't. As such, a Twin Vlcak will never be released. Seriously, if you've ever used the Alternator from Titanfall, you would not want to dual-wield something with that recoil. It'd be a nightmare to control. It'd be like the machine pistol equivalent of the Bronco series, which are basically "get within punching range and pull the trigger." You really do not want a dual Vlcak.

Speaking of which, it's pronounced "Vul-chak." As named after the Czech Vlcak dog breed. They're fluffy.

One of the cosmetic options for this lets you extend the stock! It has absolutely no effect on gameplay, but it is cool.

STATS

Damage - 45
      21 Impact
      16 slash
      8 puncture
Crit Chance: 26%
Crit Multiplier: 2.4x
Status Chance: 17%
Magazine: 26

Special Traits  - Horizontal recoil.

AHA, so that's where you were heading with it. Mmm, I do enjoy the "dinged up" aesthetic in some areas, like it's seen some use, but, is very much well cared for. If I may though, is that black material tween the wood and the metal plateing on the butt-end recoil padding?

Mechanics:

Interesting, not even the puttering stubba (stupid autocorrect) reaches the fire-rate lows you've set.

AH! Simple, yet, still able to remain some form of identity! Fun! I shudder to think what would come of a Barrel-Diffused model.

Huh, so that's where the name hails from! What brought about the idea?

BEEFY damage, but, by no means insane.

Oooo, sooooooo close to perfect critical chance. A humble drop by two would cement it a humble home among the top-of-the-line non-primes.

Hm, an unexpectedly high critical damage output, but, fascinatingly, NOT outside secondary parameters. Think your safe here.

Hm. . . not an insane status chance, but, certainly has a different slant compared to all of the auto-sec's "this or that" slants. Perhaps that'd be what makes it unique itself, in addition to the recoil profile?

Low mag, but, not insanely so like some so-called machine pistols alla the Viper and Hystirix.

Thhhhaaaatttssss what I got suh!

Edited by Unus

1 hour ago, Unus said:

If I may though, is that black material tween the wood and the metal plateing on the butt-end recoil padding?

It's not recoil padding - I kiiiiiiiiiiind of didn't convey it well, but... I needed something that would fold down and support the stock as you extend it. For some reason - I don't remember why - I wanted something that looked like polymer. Might've been interesting if I went for a bronze-like metal, but I didn't want it to just sort of blend with the wood.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Interesting, not even the puttering stunner reaches the fire-rate lows you've set.

Funnily enough, it's actually as low as it is because I was taking Lethal Torrent into account. Because, well... everyone uses Lethal Torrent. And, well, for accuracy to the source material. The Alternator from Titanfall 2 has a pretty low fire rate, and I made it this low - possibly lower - so I didn't go too far outside the Alternator's archetype. It's barely controllable as is, I don't think a high fire rate would help there.

(Speaking of which, this pistol? Magnum Force would be a terrible idea. It'd just make the recoil and spread worse0

Also which one's the "puttering stunner?" 

1 hour ago, Unus said:

AH! Simple, yet, still able to remain some form of identity! Fun! I shudder to think what would come of a Barrel-Diffused model.

Ohhhh.... oh. I probably should've mentioned this, but it actually alternates ( =D ) from barrel to barrel. No inherent multishot or 2-round burst-auto here, (I could do both of those things. I could. But they just wouldn't be the Alternator) just alternating barrels and weird recoil.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

BEEFY damage, but, by no means insane.

...It's not insane? Huh. I'm confused yet relieved.

This is another spot where I was inspired by the Alternator. See, in a game where virtually every gun has 1 more round to kill than the average call of duty game, the Alternator kills in 2 hits to the body... which is the territory of the game's revolver.

Seeing as the Plinx is the weakest revolver in Warframe, that seemed like a decent place to start. I had a baaaad feeling about going into the 50 range. Even if this thing is barely controllable or predictable in full-auto, there's only so far that can balance it. 

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Oooo, sooooooo close to perfect critical chance. A humble drop by two would cement it a humble home among the top-of-the-line non-primes.

...Weirdly enough, I think that's a good enough reason for me to keep it where it is. It's meant to have at least some hints of being overpowered, or being a semiauto pistol that just happens to also be full-auto, so giving it this slightly above-average crit chance just... feels like it makes sense.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Hm, an unexpectedly high critical damage output, but, fascinatingly, NOT outside secondary parameters. Think your safe here.

Was thinking of Akvasto Prime at the time =D. And how 2.4 is apparently "above average." Things mayyyy be skewed for me considering how many crit weapons I use.

Oddly enough, I always saw this as a crit weapon. As status weapons in Warframe go, they seem to do better at quantity over quality... and a barely controllable weapon with weird recoil just doesn't seem like a good idea for status.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . not an insane status chance, but, certainly has a different slant compared to all of the auto-sec's "this or that" slants. Perhaps that'd be what makes it unique itself, in addition to the recoil profile?

...I wasn't considering that, but sure! Why not. 

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Low mag, but, not insanely so like some so-called machine pistols alla the Viper and Hystirix.

I like the Hystrix, God help me, it can get annoying sometimes. Sometimes it feels like I'm spending more time reloading than firing. 

Originally, it was gonna be 20, then I brought it up to 25 because nobody uses the Alternator with just 20 rounds, then I figured 26 made more sense cause instead of being fed from a double-stack mag, it's fed by two mags that are side-by-side.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Thhhhaaaatttssss what I got suh!

As always, thanks so much for the feedback!

18 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

It's not recoil padding - I kiiiiiiiiiiind of didn't convey it well, but... I needed something that would fold down and support the stock as you extend it. For some reason - I don't remember why - I wanted something that looked like polymer. Might've been interesting if I went for a bronze-like metal, but I didn't want it to just sort of blend with the wood.

Funnily enough, it's actually as low as it is because I was taking Lethal Torrent into account. Because, well... everyone uses Lethal Torrent. And, well, for accuracy to the source material. The Alternator from Titanfall 2 has a pretty low fire rate, and I made it this low - possibly lower - so I didn't go too far outside the Alternator's archetype. It's barely controllable as is, I don't think a high fire rate would help there.

(Speaking of which, this pistol? Magnum Force would be a terrible idea. It'd just make the recoil and spread worse0

Also which one's the "puttering stunner?" 

Ohhhh.... oh. I probably should've mentioned this, but it actually alternates ( =D ) from barrel to barrel. No inherent multishot or 2-round burst-auto here, (I could do both of those things. I could. But they just wouldn't be the Alternator) just alternating barrels and weird recoil.

...It's not insane? Huh. I'm confused yet relieved.

This is another spot where I was inspired by the Alternator. See, in a game where virtually every gun has 1 more round to kill than the average call of duty game, the Alternator kills in 2 hits to the body... which is the territory of the game's revolver.

Seeing as the Plinx is the weakest revolver in Warframe, that seemed like a decent place to start. I had a baaaad feeling about going into the 50 range. Even if this thing is barely controllable or predictable in full-auto, there's only so far that can balance it. 

...Weirdly enough, I think that's a good enough reason for me to keep it where it is. It's meant to have at least some hints of being overpowered, or being a semiauto pistol that just happens to also be full-auto, so giving it this slightly above-average crit chance just... feels like it makes sense.

Was thinking of Akvasto Prime at the time =D. And how 2.4 is apparently "above average." Things mayyyy be skewed for me considering how many crit weapons I use.

Oddly enough, I always saw this as a crit weapon. As status weapons in Warframe go, they seem to do better at quantity over quality... and a barely controllable weapon with weird recoil just doesn't seem like a good idea for status.

...I wasn't considering that, but sure! Why not. 

I like the Hystrix, God help me, it can get annoying sometimes. Sometimes it feels like I'm spending more time reloading than firing. 

Originally, it was gonna be 20, then I brought it up to 25 because nobody uses the Alternator with just 20 rounds, then I figured 26 made more sense cause instead of being fed from a double-stack mag, it's fed by two mags that are side-by-side.

As always, thanks so much for the feedback!

Ahhhhh, I get it now.

Autocorrect unmutilated "Stubba" into "stunner".

OH! I get it now! My Krancor functions under the same principles, but, the barrels reciprocate in order to fight the recoil and keep the barrels cool(ish).

Alrighty then.

Ooookkkaaayyy. As always, my opinion, not a hard and fast rule, hehe.

Just what the datas telling me.

AH, it's "bandit-fed", borderlands style (but with closer togethor mags.)?

Welcome suh! Apologies for the delay, but, things have just been genienely annoying on my end, really need to get back into the fray more activily, both in construction AND in being constructive.

While I can't quite make out ALL the details in the words around it, from what I've read, is this a chimeric gun on the way?

Edited by Unus

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Autocorrect unmutilated "Stubba" into "stunner".

Ohhhhhhh.... Oh, that explains it. I had wondered. I was wondering if you were referencing the Tessera, but that was before I statted it.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

OH! I get it now! My Krancor functions under the same principles, but, the barrels reciprocate in order to fight the recoil and keep the barrels cool(ish).

There's a bunch of inspirations for how it works, mechanically speaking - which I'll address in a future "how it's made" post. Same for how the mag works.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Just what the datas telling me.

I understand that. And your data has helped out a lot. I just like to go outside the bounds of archetypes now and then. That said, this is probably the last machine pistol I make that's this much of an outlier. If there was one thought in my mind as I tried to translate the Alternator to Warframe, it was "I know I gotta go too far, but please don't go too too far"

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Welcome suh! Apologies for the delay, but, things have just been genienely annoying on my end, really need to get back into the fray more activily, both in construction AND in being constructive.

Don't even trip, dawg. You do this on your own time. Besides, it be like that sometimes.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

While I can't quite make out ALL the details in the words around it, from what I've read, is this a chimeric gun on the way?

Ehhh, those are just my terrible handwriting. They don't necessarily hint to anything about the lore, they're just there so I have a good idea of the aesthetic.

(It's based on this thing, which is easily the most Warframe bullpup I have ever seen IRL)

tkb022pm_2.jpg

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Close!

=D

2 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

That looks very very nice!

Thanks so much, dood!

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

How It Works - The Vlcak

After a number of comments, I figure I should answer some questions people might have had about the Vlcak. So, first of all: The Vlcak is meant to be the Alternator.

As you can see in this slow-mo clip, it's blow forward and both barrels move back and forth as it fires in full-auto. This - combined with the fact that blow-forward is terrible for recoil, with one dood claiming that ".32 feels like you are shooting a .50AE" with his blow-forward Schwarzlose 1908 - is what gives it the side-to-side recoil.

Here's some slow-mo video of the Schwarzlose 1908 in action.  You can see I took some inspiration from the slide here for the barrels. It's strange and fascinating to watch, because to the best of my knowledge nothing else like this exists. I mean, there's a few other blow-forward pistols out there, but this was the only footage I could find of one.

Here's a render of the Alternator, with a good view of the magazine.  It's not exactly double-stack, they're just right next to each other. 

brian-burrell-bb-astn-proj-tf2-wep-pil-a

So I guess @Unus was right. It is kinda like Bandit SMGs.

ALSO: There's some very, very minor inspiration from the Huckleberry from Destiny 2, and the main receiver has some lineage from the Browning A5. I don't even know if I was planning on that, but it made sense.

There's a rather Tenno feel to a lot of the lines here.

mstream.jpg?id=6598727

EDIT: 

Also, if you didn't click on the "they're fluffy!" link, this is a Vlcak with their puppies.

CSW_puppies_photo.jpg

I love them.

14 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ohhhhhhh.... Oh, that explains it. I had wondered. I was wondering if you were referencing the Tessera, but that was before I statted it.

There's a bunch of inspirations for how it works, mechanically speaking - which I'll address in a future "how it's made" post. Same for how the mag works.

I understand that. And your data has helped out a lot. I just like to go outside the bounds of archetypes now and then. That said, this is probably the last machine pistol I make that's this much of an outlier. If there was one thought in my mind as I tried to translate the Alternator to Warframe, it was "I know I gotta go too far, but please don't go too too far"

Don't even trip, dawg. You do this on your own time. Besides, it be like that sometimes.

Ehhh, those are just my terrible handwriting. They don't necessarily hint to anything about the lore, they're just they're so I have a good idea of the aesthetic.

(It's based on this thing, which is easily the most Warframe bullpup I have ever seen IRL)

tkb022pm_2.jpg

=D

Thanks so much, dood!

OH! I've seen that beast before! That's a rejected Soviet bullpup assault rifle! There was a lotta worry in the construction department that the lack of weight in the middle would knock off the gun's entire balance.m

I have to agree with you here, that schnoze and sights really do have a tennoesque flair to em.

14 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

How It Works - The Vlcak

After a number of comments, I figure I should answer some questions people might have had about the Vlcak. So, first of all: The Vlcak is meant to be the Alternator.

As you can see in this slow-mo clip, it's blow forward and both barrels move back and forth as it fires in full-auto. This - combined with the fact that blow-forward is terrible for recoil, with one dood claiming that ".32 feels like you are shooting a .50AE" with his blow-forward Schwarzlose 1908 - is what gives it the side-to-side recoil.

Here's some slow-mo video of the Schwarzlose 1908 in action.  You can see I took some inspiration from the slide here for the barrels. It's strange and fascinating to watch, because to the best of my knowledge nothing else like this exists. I mean, there's a few other blow-forward pistols out there, but this was the only footage I could find of one.

Here's a render of the Alternator, with a good view of the magazine.  It's not exactly double-stack, they're just right next to each other. 

brian-burrell-bb-astn-proj-tf2-wep-pil-a

So I guess @Unus was right. It is kinda like Bandit SMGs.

ALSO: There's some very, very minor inspiration from the Huckleberry from Destiny 2, and the main receiver has some lineage from the Browning A5. I don't even know if I was planning on that, but it made sense.

There's a rather Tenno feel to a lot of the lines here.

mstream.jpg?id=6598727

EDIT: 

Also, if you didn't click on the "they're fluffy!" link, this is a Vlcak with their puppies.

CSW_puppies_photo.jpg

I love them.

Are you getting the comments on your Deviantart page and in the Discord?

Owch, I can't help but feel like that design is just asking for hot brass finger and arm burns.

Huh, being halfway correct. Unexpected warm fuzzies of the day.

Filgree filgree filgree, all about that artistic approach.

AH, name comes from your like of the dogs. Alright, I get that.

Edited by Unus

46 minutes ago, Unus said:

OH! I've seen that beast before! That's a rejected Soviet bullpup assault rifle! There was a lotta worry in the construction department that the lack of weight in the middle would knock off the gun's entire balance.m

The TKB-022, to be exact! That's not even the most tenno version I coulda posted.

tkb022_1.jpg

It's like the time I transplanted the LSR44 Spoor into this - I had very little work to do.

53 minutes ago, Unus said:

Are you getting the comments on your Deviantart page and in the Discord?

Mostly just here and deviantart. Didn't answer the deviantart one though, cause the commenter was a kontgesig.

54 minutes ago, Unus said:

Owch, I can't help but feel like that design is just asking for hot brass finger and arm burns.

By all accounts, the Schwarzlose 1908 worked fairly well. Better than it has any right to, probably! ....except for the recoil.

56 minutes ago, Unus said:

Huh, being halfway correct. Unexpected warm fuzzies of the day.

I'm glad I could find a reference picture that proved you right, too. Bandit SMGs always bugged me because I had to ask myself: Is this something I could really hold? Really? Really?

58 minutes ago, Unus said:

AH, name comes from your like of the dogs. Alright, I get that.

That, and it was funny trying to imagine Quiette Shy stumbling over how to pronounce it.

If you can imagine a youtuber talking about your weapons and having good things to say about it (and even talking about its weaknesses!) that's a good sign. I can especially imagine Tony Mo talking about it, seeing as he's one of very few youtubers that have focused on Titanfall 2 and Warframe.

(Okay, I actually hear Brozime covering it, but I can't imagine Tony Mo not talking about it.)

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

The TKB-022, to be exact! That's not even the most tenno version I coulda posted.

tkb022_1.jpg

It's like the time I transplanted the LSR44 Spoor into this - I had very little work to do.

Mostly just here and deviantart. Didn't answer the deviantart one though, cause the commenter was a kontgesig.

By all accounts, the Schwarzlose 1908 worked fairly well. Better than it has any right to, probably! ....except for the recoil.

I'm glad I could find a reference picture that proved you right, too. Bandit SMGs always bugged me because I had to ask myself: Is this something I could really hold? Really? Really?

That, and it was funny trying to imagine Quiette Shy stumbling over how to pronounce it.

If you can imagine a youtuber talking about your weapons and having good things to say about it (and even talking about its weaknesses!) that's a good sign. I can especially imagine Tony Mo talking about it, seeing as he's one of very few youtubers that have focused on Titanfall 2 and Warframe.

(Okay, I actually hear Brozime covering it, but I can't imagine Tony Mo not talking about it.)

As long as you didn't have to do it JUST for me, I am content.

An. . . an actual youtuber, taking any kind of interest in any of my work? Bloody ell, after our Digital leading ladies noticed me, I assumed that was the highest bar I could ever reach and all else was just gravy after that.

Have you talked with any folks on your end to make this happen for ya?!

17 minutes ago, Unus said:

An. . . an actual youtuber, taking any kind of interest in any of my work? Bloody ell, after our Digital leading ladies noticed me, I assumed that was the highest bar I could ever reach and all else was just gravy after that.

Well, I mean... hypothetically. Just imagine a youtuber talking about your work, and as long as you can imagine them not saying it's overpowered or whatever, and it's probably a good sign.

17 minutes ago, Unus said:

Have you talked with any folks on your end to make this happen for ya?!

I wish. I haven't had my artwork (Or at least, photobashes inspired by my work) spotlighted by a youtuber since my Destiny 1 days.

Trying to make a revolver that loads like the B3 Wingman here. It's been... difficult.

I've also been working on some new revolver ideas, and I've come to the conclusion that trying to make new revolvers keep new revolvers interesting in Warframe is hard.

(Making new revolvers isn't necessarily
hard, I could make Tenno revolvers for days! But... revolvers that aren't just filler weapons in the same way as the Tiberon was when it was released? That's considerably less easy.)

So far the central concepts of my various revolvers have been:

1. Secondary marksman weapon with combo mechanic and underbarrel shotgun. (Depezador)
2. Shotgun revolver with charge mechanic (Verdictus)
3. Pocket version of Halo sniper rifle (Estampida)
4. Duplex-auto shotgun/flaregun hybrid (Kosmos)
Honorable Mention:
Bellatrix. Very clearly not a revolver, but designed to keep pace with them easily.

It's just hard sometimes to come up with revolvers I'd genuinely enjoy using... as opposed to the lukewarm-at-best reception I had to the Plinx.

19 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Trying to make a revolver that loads like the B3 Wingman here. It's been... difficult.

I've also been working on some new revolver ideas, and I've come to the conclusion that trying to make new revolvers keep new revolvers interesting in Warframe is hard.

(Making new revolvers isn't necessarily
hard, I could make Tenno revolvers for days! But... revolvers that aren't just filler weapons in the same way as the Tiberon was when it was released? That's considerably less easy.)

So far the central concepts of my various revolvers have been:

1. Secondary marksman weapon with combo mechanic and underbarrel shotgun. (Depezador)
2. Shotgun revolver with charge mechanic (Verdictus)
3. Pocket version of Halo sniper rifle (Estampida)
4. Duplex-auto shotgun/flaregun hybrid (Kosmos)
Honorable Mention:
Bellatrix. Very clearly not a revolver, but designed to keep pace with them easily.

It's just hard sometimes to come up with revolvers I'd genuinely enjoy using... as opposed to the lukewarm-at-best reception I had to the Plinx.

Perhaps the well has been tapped? I mean, unless you expand into, say, revolving rifles, shotguns, cannons, etc?

38 minutes ago, Unus said:

Perhaps the well has been tapped? I mean, unless you expand into, say, revolving rifles, shotguns, cannons, etc?

Oh, no. I totally have plans for a revolving shotgun. 

the-becker-semi-auto-revolving-shotgun-s

And, well, three more plans for revolver sidearms here. One has an automatic charging function like Harec's sniper rifles in Spacelords, another is a flaregun, and another is the M6 Punt from Killzone Shadowfall. I just don't know how easy it'll be to go from there. It's a shame, too, I'd really enjoy doing a Kuva aesthetic revolver but I'm not sure how I'd make it work.

It's just that after that, I don't know where to go.

It's for the best I'm taking a short sabbatical from that sort of thing to make more exotic weaponry, though.

Tenno/Sentient 'Tarvoss' Prototype Burst Rifle

An unfinished prototype rifle hybridized from Orokin and Sentient technology, the Tarvoss can reconfigure its bullets for any situation.”

tenno__tarvoss__prototype_burst_rifle_by

6-round burst crit/status rifle 

Stats
Magazine: 78
Burst Count: 6
Crit Chance19%
Crit Damage2.2x
Damage: 32
       15 impact
       7 Puncture
        10 slash

Rate Of Fire: 8.4
Ammo Reserve: 624
Mastery Rank - 10
Recoil - Low-Med

Special traits

Adaptive Rounds - 
rounds adapt to health types
Reflex Scope: Tap alt fire to use the scope! The scope comes with markers that help you aim below the head for optimal damage output.

Lore
A deadly prototype Orokin 6-round burst rifle from the most desperate days of the Old War. 

Found in forgotten Tau-side caches and designed in Orokin blacksites that have been lost to the ravages of time, the Tarvoss approaches the pinnacle of Orokin anti-Sentient weaponry. It uses reverse-engineered Sentient self-modifying exotic materials and a sophisticated ballistic computer to analyze the composition of materials it hits. Each bullet comes with a small, simple transmitter that relays ballistic data back to the rifle, which then uses an onboard nanomechanical foundry module to reconfigure currently chambered rounds within nanoseconds to adapt to the composition of materials.

The more hits on an enemy, the more chance it has to deal these different damage types. Assuming all rounds have hit an enemy, the 5th shot of a burst has 50% to deal and proc it and the 6th shot has a 100% chance to proc it.

This allows the Tarvoss to deal elements it simply was not built to use. Example being, if you fire at basic Infested such as Leapers and Runners while modded for Corrosive and Fire, it can also deal gas damage. And proc gas damage. Or, if you’re attacking a Sentient and the Tarvoss is modified for Radiation and Cold, this can also proc magnetic. 

For maximum damage output, the scope comes with markers that help you aim below the head to “walk” the burst up an enemy. Aim for the stomach and watch the damage numbers fly!

Due to its experimental nature, the Tarvoss is somewhat… undercooked. As such, it’s a little more bulbous and veiny than the average Orokin weapon. Much like Grineer technology. There’s a somewhat unfinished feeling to it.

Fun fact. A finished Tarvoss would have the ability to immediately adapt when zooming in. Which is why a Tarvoss prime will never, ever, EVER exist. Ever.  This is for your own good. I insist. It goes against anything I believe about good weapon concepts. Also: The greenish color over the barrel actually comes from the energy color. The metal itself actually glows! Neat, huh?

Acquisition: 
In @Almighty_Jado 's fan-proposed Legion of Tau expansion, the Tenno and their allies construct a Solar Rail into Tau, the heart of Sentient territory, bringing the fight to their sworn enemies. As best I can tell, it's like a game-wide event that is also a raid all players can participate in. It comes with story, lore, new weapons, custom zaw parts, new resources, and a new Warframe!

The Tarvoss' blueprint is meant to be a rare reward during this period. If The Legion of Tau is like a massively multiplayer online raid, the Tarvoss is Destiny-style Raid Gear. By which I mean it takes heavy inspiration from the enemy-styled weaponry acquired from raids, such as the hive-styled rifle Black Hammer from Crota's End, and the meat-and-chitin Zaouli's Bane pistol and Doom of Chelchis scout rifle from King's Fall.

As such, the  Tarvoss can be acquired as a Rare drop from Sentient "Field Bosses" such as the RazelystZordalyst, and Wollolyst
(I admit that it doesn't make sense for them to drop something that verges on Sentient kryptonite, but hey! Raid gear. That's just how this works. I imagine that this might be data from Sentient memories, which you use to synthesize a blueprint.)

Build
| 1Hystrix | 240Nanocrosis_Icon.png  | 8Tau_Shard_Icon.png| x4 Shadow Core 

(NOTE: It is not an accident that this includes the two resources I designed XD)

Artist Notes 

Inspired heavily by the TKB-022… and some of @Almighty_Jado 's suggestions for how the muzzle works. So before anyone complains about the lack of space at the rear receiver, yes. I know. And yes, there's a gun this is based on. Read about it here:

There's not much I know how to say about Legion of Tau outside of "acquisition," and anything else I could say would be doing @Almighty_Jado  a grave disservice. The best thing you can do is simply look at his work and marvel at the truly staggering amounts of thought that went into everything. Please. I insist.

It's at this point that  I feel compelled to mention that the Orokin Caches are not originally part of Legion of Tau. They were just something I designed after reading the Dan Simmons novel "The Terror," and reading that apparently, it was considered good practice for explorers to leave caches of their own supplies along their route in the event that they were forced to walk back and leave the ship. I'll leave it to @Almighty_Jado  whether or not these work. 

This was originally just going to be a scoped bullpup, and then it was originally going to have some crit-enhancing gimmick. Like a burst fire Arca Scisco - which I am still planning on, mark my words. You can actually see it here! I uploaded this to deviantart as a status update, but, well, i was too lazy to make a full post. Considering that I was making this a Sentient weapon, I'm genuinely surprised by how little it changed.

But @HugintheCrow mentioned I had too many crit-enhancing combo-reliant guns (the Ostium, the Zenban, the Tollen, Depezador Prime, the Estampida) and I had to admit he had a point on that one. So I came up with the Tarvoss’ gimmick to go for something different. If I was taking a break from crit weapons (Fun fact - the next pistol I make will be pretty status-focused)  then it only made sense to do the same thing but with status.

The decent crit was honestly sort of an accident. Midway through, I realized that status is something of a non-factor against Sentients, so I added that in here. Plus, it gives you BUILD FREEDOM! Add in a recoil-reducing mod or Primed Shred, whatevs! It’s totally fine. As for why 18%?

Well, it worked for the Quartakk at 19%, and the Quartakk’s burst damage is so good that it doesn’t really matter that it has <20% crit. The crit damage here is .1x less than the Quartakk’s because…. well, I still gotta let the Quartakk shine. I know, it’s weird using the best semiauto battle rifle in the game as a baseline for a burst fire rifle, but life is funny sometimes.

Speaking of which, this is why the Tarvoss has higher muzzle climb. Think of this as being the Sybaris Prime to the Quartakk’s Dex Sybaris. The former does more damage, but the latter has less recoil and is more controllable.

I can see this thing being very useful, regardless of low damage distribution. If there’s any burst rifle people could enjoy taking into Eidolon hunts or Orb Heists, it’s this thing!

Also note that I do not know how punch-through affects the special trait here. This worries me.

artist notes again:

Yes, I know the Quartakk is a burst rifle that fires four rounds for each trigger pull. However, it acts so much like a semi auto that I can’t stop myself here.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

UPDATE: The Tarvoss was described earlier as being acquired from Orokin caches in Tau. After talking to @Almighty_Jado (to paraphrase, he didn't want Orokin ruins, he wants to emphasize how alien Tau is) and thinking on how the Tarvoss exists on Destiny raid gear logic, I am exclusively making this a rare drop.

UPDATE TWO: The next pistol I added was going to have 37% status and 10-19% crit. I may need to do something different in the immediate future so I don't get stuck in a rut.

UPDATE: The Poyang has been moved to the shotgun ammo pool, so it can now use Primed Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, and Primed Ravage. Funnily enough, this now makes it the most conventional shotgun (pump-action layout, pumps backwards then forwards, wooden stock) I've drawn...

dc7m325-38c36ded-93a2-4c8c-9add-317300b2

Despite the fact that I based it on a grenade launcher. Life is funny sometimes.

China_Lake_4x40_REMOV.jpg

Important update: I have not forgotten about Ganymede! It's just that what with skiing in Park City, (mmmmmm BRISKET GRILLED CHEESE)  the release of metro exodus, working on the Tarvoss, trying to get into playing Spacelords (It's weird how Harec is just such a natural progression for me from Warframe) job pressures, and holding my art to unrealistically high standards, the main artwork is just taking awhile.

IMG_2244.JPG?width=606&height=808

This is being done by hand on 11x17 paper.

Because that's just the kind of person I am.

34 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Important update: I have not forgotten about Ganymede! It's just that what with skiing in Park City, (mmmmmm BRISKET GRILLED CHEESE)  the release of metro exodus, working on the Tarvoss, trying to get into playing Spacelords (It's weird how Harec is just such a natural progression for me from Warframe) job pressures, and holding my art to unrealistically high standards, the main artwork is just taking awhile.

IMG_2244.JPG?width=606&height=808

This is being done by hand on 11x17 paper.

Because that's just the kind of person I am.

HaHA! Your most ambitious piece yet to come boyo! I can imagine the starfield in particular must be absolute ELL on both your arm and your equipment.