Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

2 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Critical chance? You're sure you don't mean critical multiplier? Because 23% is slightly below average as crit chance goes.

I totally forgot to add in fire rate! 0.o Well, now I feel kinda silly.

It was sort of a cascade of puns. My thought process behind that can be summed up as... "Wait... the Hystrix has been compared to the needler from Halo... there's a sniper rifle variant of the needler... there's a character in Borderlands who can switch elements while using sniper rifles, it'd be cool if the hystrix was a sniper rifle... hey wait, wasn't there a weapon called the Dreyse needle gun? Okay, okay, the dreyse is bolt action, so... bolt action needle gun!"

I took some (very minor) inspiration from the needler sniper rifle's silhouette. You'll probably see most of it around the scope. There's also some influence from this artwork by Timur Mutsaev right here.

timur-mutsaev-weapons-te7.jpg?1459411535

Then I got distracted over coffee and I realized that "quillon" sounded really, really cool. Much cooler than any Warframe-ified version of the surname "Dreyse." Ironically, it barely resembles the Dreyse at all. The bolt's actually in the same location as the Mauser K98.

...I have absolutely no idea what that is! :P I just borrowed the word "perhapsadian" from China Mieville.

Thank you so much! :) 

AH, my apologies, I had to sober up from the sleep drunkenness to recognize the flaw in the statement. Yes, yes, THAT is what I was referring to.

Something that simply slipped your mind. Given how much else you "caught", one slip-up like that hardly seems noticeable unless yo squint real hard and try to digest the concept like I do.

Ah, the pleasant cascade of stream-of-thought, coalescing at last into one finalized piece. A few of my early works were born that way.

By-the-by, who's the Mongolian chap you mention? Mr. . .Mutsaev I believe?

China. . . Mieville?

9 hours ago, Unus said:

By-the-by, who's the Mongolian chap you mention? Mr. . .Mutsaev I believe?

Timur Mutsaev is a concept artist from artstation, and China Mieville is one of my favorite novelists.

The "perhapsadian" thing is from the book The Scar - apparently, it's a musical instrument that plays in multiple different possibilities. There's also a possibility-focused weapon called the Possible Sword, which...

Well, think of Excalibur's Exalted Blade, except a single swing makes every possible cut. All of them. Part of me wants to make one, but the other part of me knows that there is no possible way that I can.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

• 2 weeks later...

Tenno 'Bruin' Automatic Rifle

dcatt0n-7f6bf8c5-f17e-439f-a1c3-6ec9a00d

"Spray through crowds at mid-range and while careening through the air, or pick them off at range with this high-powered Tenno lever-action automatic rifle."

One of numerous early forays into automatic weaponry, this Tenno automatic rifle (NOT an assault rifle. This is very important) boasts high accuracy on the first two shots, high critical chance, inherent punch-through, a critical multiplier rivaling the Soma Prime, and and incredibly high physical damage. It also gives you a slight movement speed buff! But - and there's a catch - it only has horizontal recoil. As in, the bullets don't go up, only side-to-side. And it has a small magazine of 40.

In addition, it feeds from a large, heavy quad-stack magazine, which results in slightly longer-than-average reloads. It could admittedly use a longer, easier-to-handle mag, but this was prioritized to make the weapon easier to fire while prone - a strange decision given the tendency for the weapon to throw up clouds of dust it accumulates while doing so.

Do all of these traits totally overshadow its massive shot-for-shot damage and ability to be used as a poor man's DMR?

Truthfully, no. It's powerful enough to be totally worth it.

Despite what the description might imply, it is not actually a select-fire assault rifle with two firing modes. It's just a very high-powered, slow-firing rifle with unpredictable, nontraditional recoil. That said, the nontraditional recoil makes it incredibly easy to track enemies while on the move, especially if in midair. If you want to use this at range, the best solution is to tapfire it, using it as a semiauto rifle... or fire in short two-round bursts. Both work just as well. Though it does have an extra zoom mode available by tapping altfire.

There's little middle ground between automatic and tapfiring. Automatic will spray bullets off to the side, and semiauto is super accurate at the cost of fire rate. To give automatic fire some more viability as a crowd control option, it has punch-through.

stats:

• Magazine: 40
  • Fire Rate: 7.5
  • Reload: 3s
  • Total Damage: 71 
    • 44 Slash
    • 18 Impact
    • 9 Puncture
  • Critical Chance: 32%
  • Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
  • Headshot Multiplier: 4.5x
  • Status Chance: 12%
  • Zoom Levels
    • Ironsights
    • "Reflex Sight" - slightly higher than Veldt's ironsighting. Adds +20% crit damage.
  • Punch-through: 0.5

special traits

• Altfire: None, but it does have increased zoom.
  • Reflex Sight: Adds +20% crit damage when tapping altfire
  • Headshot Bonus: +50% bonus headshot damage

artist notes: 
Yes, it is lever-action. I'll explain. 

Special thanks to @Unus for helping me scratch out the stats! This gun's stats were going to be roughly as important (if not moreso) than the flat recoil gimmick, and I needed someone to keep me from giving it a similar damage profile to the Latron and full-auto. As for why I'd do that, well, I was trying to make it feel like the Alternator from Titanfall.

If you've used the Alternator or Flatline from Titanfall 2, you should immediately know how to use this. Both are automatic weapons with flat recoil, but the Alternator (for all y'alls who don't play Titanfall) was the biggest influence. It is an inordinately strong SMG that can kill in two hits to the body, but it has super strong recoil. The logical solution, then, was to use it as a marksman rifle and "tapfire" it. Despite the fact that it is basically a giant bullpup pistol. However, the Alternator holds 25 rounds (and the Browning BAR, the biggest inspiration behind the shape of this, holds 20) which is utterly anemic by Warframe standards for automatic weapons. So I went for 40 rounds, as that was low-to-middling by Warframe standards for magazines. My hope is that this can be used the same way as the Alternator - a high-powered short-ranged weapon, or a decent battle rifle, all without needing to flick a switch. 

Visually speaking, a lot of influences. It's influenced by several Browning weapons, namely the M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle, and the M1895 Colt-Browning Machinegun, aka the Potato Digger. But I always remember that as "the potato-digger," because that is funny to me. Like the potato-digger, there's a massive recoiling lever at the front of the gun (In this case, the Sybaris-like lever) that recoils back after firing. Making it technically a lever-action machinegun. As you warframe fans can tell, it has some influence from the Rubico sniper rifle as designed by Sean Bigham, Warframe's official concept artist. That said, there's some Soma in there too.

That said, because the damage is so high, I will not be priming this. Warframe has enough of a problem with power creep, and this thing already has damage on par with the highest-damaging automatic weapons in the game. I... really don't want to succumb to power creep. That would be bad.

If you're wondering what a Potato Digger looks like while firing, here's a video.

Also, because I can, here's the Browning Automatic Rifle, which inspired most of the shape here. I added a pistol grip, though, (those did exist, but it didn't mean the gun was shaped like the Bruin) and tried to keep the curvature where people would hold it like a then-traditional rifle, so I could maintain a distinct silhouette.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads//monthly_01_2011/post-7380-1294855142.jpg

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36

• 2 weeks later...

ART DUMP 4

warframe_art_dump_4_by_haruaxeman-dcbyu0

Yes, it's Art Dump 4! With the most revolvers of any art dump. This time, I'm gonna do something different - I'mma ask YOU what deserves a full-size drawing next. Which one do you want? The one that gets the most suggestions will receive a full drawing, with lore, an explanation of the intended playstyle, and possibly stats. Don't bet on that last one, though, I'm not too good when it comes to stats.

Also, any feedback on the Bruin above is appreciated. It's been rather quiet here.

1. Opus: ...I really have no idea what this does. I just wanted a Lotus-styled revolver that was super curvy.
2. Zentner: It's a pistol carbine version of the Angstrum! As inspired by the Cold War from Titanfall 2. The Zentner fires rockets in three-round bursts. Course, it only has like 15 rounds in the mag. Or was it 12? I don't remember.
3. Sigul: A Grineer flaregun revolver! It's very much a status weapon, and it has 13% crit chance. The rounds explode on impact. Much like the Astilla, the explosion and impact count as separate status instances, so you can cause 2-3 status effects with each hit. Depending on whether it has a guaranteed incendiary proc.
4. Sievert: Corpus flamethrower-like microwave weapon that does fire and radiation damage, cooking Grineer and Infested alive. This has... an altfire. Of some kind. I'm not sure what, yet. It is probably the loudest beam weapon in the game.
5. Martellus: A corpus railgun revolver that can be charged up for massive damage. To be perfectly honest, I feel like the design is kinda weak. 
6. Teratoma: An infested launcher pistol. I don't actually know what to do here. Maybe it releases tar on impact?
7. Estampida: A non-hitscan, somewhat slow-firing (but very powerful) pistol with high punch-through. Basically the Wingman Elite Pistol from Titanfall 2. It looks a lot more conventional at this size - I'll have to make a bigger version later.
8. Coulomb: A corpus electricity SMG. 
9. Bolwar and Graal: Grineer tower shield and flail. TOTALLY inspired by Tactical Potato.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

ART DUMP 4

warframe_art_dump_4_by_haruaxeman-dcbyu0

Yes, it's Art Dump 4! With the most revolvers of any art dump. This time, I'm gonna do something different - I'mma ask YOU what deserves a full-size drawing next. Which one do you want? The one that gets the most suggestions will receive a full drawing, with lore, an explanation of the intended playstyle, and possibly stats. Don't bet on that last one, though, I'm not too good when it comes to stats.

Also, any feedback on the Bruin above is appreciated. It's been rather quiet here.

1. Opus: ...I really have no idea what this does. I just wanted a Lotus-styled revolver that was super curvy.
2. Zentner: It's a pistol carbine version of the Angstrum! As inspired by the Cold War from Titanfall 2. The Zentner fires rockets in three-round bursts. Course, it only has like 15 rounds in the mag. Or was it 12? I don't remember.
3. Sigul: A Grineer flaregun revolver! It's very much a status weapon, and it has 13% crit chance. The rounds explode on impact. Much like the Astilla, the explosion and impact count as separate status instances, so you can cause 2-3 status effects with each hit. Depending on whether it has a guaranteed incendiary proc.
4. Sievert: Corpus flamethrower-like microwave weapon that does fire and radiation damage, cooking Grineer and Infested alive. This has... an altfire. Of some kind. I'm not sure what, yet. It is probably the loudest beam weapon in the game.
5. Martellus: A corpus railgun revolver that can be charged up for massive damage. To be perfectly honest, I feel like the design is kinda weak. 
6. Teratoma: An infested launcher pistol. I don't actually know what to do here. Maybe it releases tar on impact?
7. Estampida: A non-hitscan, somewhat slow-firing (but very powerful) pistol with high punch-through. Basically the Wingman Elite Pistol from Titanfall 2. It looks a lot more conventional at this size - I'll have to make a bigger version later.
8. Coulomb: A corpus electricity SMG. 
9. Bolwar and Graal: Grineer tower shield and flail. TOTALLY inspired by Tactical Potato.

As always, I'm on standby if things need a kick in the pants while I work on the Dotter Grineer of Venus. Just a private message away.

Personal Opinionwise? Hm, at least by aesthetic standards, I feel drawn to both the Columb and the  Bolwar and Graal. The B and G makes me feel some renewed passion for my own axe and blunt weaponset, while the Columb continues to fill the massive empty niche the baza's birth created, S.M.G. variants.

By-The-By, how ya been?

9 hours ago, Unus said:

As always, I'm on standby if things need a kick in the pants while I work on the Dotter Grineer of Venus. Just a private message away.

Got it. 🙂 I'll come by and ask if I need stat help.

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Personal Opinionwise? Hm, at least by aesthetic standards, I feel drawn to both the Columb and the  Bolwar and Graal. The B and G makes me feel some renewed passion for my own axe and blunt weaponset, while the Columb continues to fill the massive empty niche the baza's birth created, S.M.G. variants.

Glad you like the BG! It's about tied with the Execution for the most fun I've had designing a melee weapon on this thread (not that that's saying much because there've only been, like... five... ) on account of the ideas I have for BG. It's inspired by the Maulers from Gears of War, and I'm already thinking of adding in an enemy along those lines. So you can guess how some of that will work.

It'll be fun.

As for the Coulomb, well, I feel like it's a... well, it'll be hard to make its stats really feel like they work. It's going to be a short range, high status weapon. It'll be hard for me to keep that feeling balanced. I feel like there's not going to be much much middle ground between "overpowered" and "Basically the Kraken."

11 hours ago, Unus said:

By-The-By, how ya been?

I just want you to know: I'm doing great. I can use both my arms again, I don't need any more drugs. Things are good.  Thank you for asking! 🙂

12 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Got it. 🙂 I'll come by and ask if I need stat help.

Glad you like the BG! It's about tied with the Execution for the most fun I've had designing a melee weapon on this thread (not that that's saying much because there've only been, like... five... ) on account of the ideas I have for BG. It's inspired by the Maulers from Gears of War, and I'm already thinking of adding in an enemy along those lines. So you can guess how some of that will work.

It'll be fun.

As for the Coulomb, well, I feel like it's a... well, it'll be hard to make its stats really feel like they work. It's going to be a short range, high status weapon. It'll be hard for me to keep that feeling balanced. I feel like there's not going to be much much middle ground between "overpowered" and "Basically the Kraken."

I just want you to know: I'm doing great. I can use both my arms again, I don't need any more drugs. Things are good.  Thank you for asking! 🙂

AH! Given the existence of the shield soldier Grineer, doesn't take much in the way of mental exercise as to how one could make it fit.

So, something for threats that come in at spitting distance, eh? Self defense submachine gun by the sound of it.

OH! Your welcome suh! The fact you still managed to push yourself to type anything at all is a testament to your passion, as is the fact you drew all these in the recovery aftermath. Bonus points that your off the pain pills suh!

7 hours ago, Unus said:

OH! Your welcome suh! The fact you still managed to push yourself to type anything at all is a testament to your passion, as is the fact you drew all these in the recovery aftermath. Bonus points that your off the pain pills suh!

Hey, my back was broken, not my arms! 😛

...Well, for the first week, week and a half, I couldn't move that much of my right arm, but that's beside the point. I'm pretty much fine by now!

On 2018-05-23 at 10:59 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

HEADS UP - because @Unus said that the Bolwar and Graal were some of his favorites from the last Art Dump, its concept will come with an enemy design. Because I can.

Oh, wow, uh, I did not expect to be any kinda influence here, uh, wow, good luck!

14 hours ago, Unus said:

Oh, wow, uh, I did not expect to be any kinda influence here, uh, wow, good luck!

I would've done the enemy design anyway - it's just, since you went with the weapon set directly inspired by Maulers (not to be confused with mulchers, boomers, and digger boomers) from Gears of War, I was all "Sure? Why not. I can do that."

Tenno 'Terminus' Lever-action shotgun

tenno__terminus__shotgun_by_haruaxeman-d

"Rip through enemies with this lever-action shotgun's buckshot, or bombard them with explosive slugs."
Primary Fire - Flechette rounds: Fires a cone of buckshot.
Secondary Fire - Explosive slug: Fires a slug round that does AoE explosive damage. This acts like a grenade!

The Terminus is a Tenno lever-action slash damage shotgun created by Bruin Foundry, and a later inspiration behind the Bruin Automatic Rifle. The concept is rather simple - its primary fire launches a spray of flechettes (as opposed to buckshot) which lacerate the inside of the enemy. 

Meanwhile, secondary fire acts like a hybrid of the Astilla's slugs and the Zarr's cluster grenades. Sort of. The slug's impact can create 2-3 status effects - one when it hits, the next when it explodes. This also releases a guaranteed impact or slash proc - but usually impact. 

Despite outward similarities to the Corinth, it's actually more like a giant primary Euphona, with an altfire resembling the Astilla.

Comparisons
(This is to give me a feel for how it'd act in gameplay)
Corinth: The corinth has lower per-shot damage, and slightly lower range, but higher fire rate. The terminus is essentially a Corinth with slightly altered stats, and slash damage.
Balaenis: The Balaenis has higher accuracy and nearly twice the range (no, seriously) but less manageable recoil. In terms of damage, they're... equal-ish, with the Balaenis' high crit bringing it well in line with the Terminus. A measured trigger pull with the Balaenis can easily outdo the Terminus, but not always. Also, fanning the trigger leads to wider spread. Also, it's better for crowd control due to the hook, and the ability to kick enemies while they're down.
Poyang: Explosive shot has less range.. but it does much more AoE damage. And it's incendiary! And has more crit! Its fire rate is about... midway between the Corinth and Balaenis. Also the thought occurs that listing its crit chance as 35 without taking into account how that'll work on the shotgun may have been a bad idea. Whoops.
Hek: ...The Terminus has slightly faster fire rate, higher pellet count.

Artist notes:
This marks the third shotgun with an explosive launcher mode that I've made, (Meridian, Balaenis, and Poyang, if you're wondering) which - if every design I've made was somehow canon - would make the Terminus the sixth shotgun with an explosive altfire in the game. I think I may have a problem.

It's just so fun though.

I've gone back and forth on what caliber this would be. 10? 8? 6? In the end, just assume the caliber is larger than 12. It's probably just 8-gauge though.

• 3 weeks later...

Art Dump 5: Grandson of Art Dump 3

filename_by_haruaxeman-dcey0xj.jpg

Enemy Silhouette:

Remember how I said I was going to design an enemy to go with the Bolwar and Graal? Here's a general silhouette. So, y'know. Look forward to that!

Sentinel

I call it the Teuthex! This Sentinel is meant to be for locating enemies and loot. 

Shotgun

I wanted to make another autoshotgun for Warframe - the Astilla and Sobek are the only ones I like, I can't take the Boars seriously. You'll know why when you google them. It's impossible to look at them without saying "dear God why."

So I was thinking back to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (and also Human Revolution, I guess) and thought "Hey! That has a great autoshotgun." So I decided I'd go through a bunch of magazine designs to see which one I was going to make. I wanted to go for the same basic Widowmaker TX shotgun (that's the Human Revolution and Mankind Divided shotgun) silhouette, but I wanted to try and create a poll to see what the best magazine would be in this case. I see myself as having four options:

1. Option 1 - Solid, conventional drum mag. As inspired by the Devastator shotgun from Mankind Divided, which is totally inspired by the AA12 shotgun.
2. Option 2 - A "ring" magazine that surrounds the hand. As inspired by Mouse's shotguns.
3. Option 3 - A "ring" magazine in a conventional drum magazine's place. This felt the most Soma, but, well... I'm not sure I'll be able to take it seriously.
4. Option 4 - the SRM12's not-quite-a-revolver-but-also-not-quite-helical magazine. You can see it here.

And it's at this point that I'mma ask YOU for recommendations - which one do I make?

That includes you, @Unus and @Almighty_Jado.

TALLY:

SRM12 - 3
AA12 - 1
MOUSE - 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

=SNIP SNIP=

NOTE: The SRM12 mag has one vote from Modernmercenary, the guy who made fanart of the Fuselok.

The AA12 hands down. Most unique design among shotguns. We need drum mag guns in general in the game, anyways!

Also, might I ask the precepts and weapon for the Teuthex?

Edited by Almighty_Jado

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

The AA12 hands down. Most unique design among shotguns. We need drum mag guns in general in the game, anyways!

Also, might I ask the precepts and weapon for the Teuthex?

The precepts... huh. I didn't think that far. All I had when I was making this was, well... You know what the Pulse Blade from Titanfall 2 is? It's sort of like that. Well, the normal, Corpus-built Teuthex copy fires out needles that highlight enemies and loot, even behind walls. Teuthex Prime instead uses throwing kunai. Originally, I thought that'd be the weapon, but this might be better as a precept.

And thanks for your vote! As thanks, I'mma post the original inspiration behind the shape:

maxresdefault.jpg

My only question is how much I should have in the mag. 20, 24, 25, 32? Hmmmm...

9 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

filename_by_haruaxeman-dcey0xj.jpg

Enemy Silhouette:

Remember how I said I was going to design an enemy to go with the Bolwar and Graal? Here's a general silhouette. So, y'know. Look forward to that!

Sentinel

I call it the Teuthex! This Sentinel is meant to be for locating enemies and loot. 

Shotgun

I wanted to make another autoshotgun for Warframe - the Astilla and Sobek are the only ones I like, I can't take the Boars seriously. You'll know why when you google them. It's impossible to look at them without saying "dear God why."

So I was thinking back to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (and also Human Revolution, I guess) and thought "Hey! That has a great autoshotgun." So I decided I'd go through a bunch of magazine designs to see which one I was going to make. I wanted to go for the same basic Widowmaker TX shotgun (that's the Human Revolution and Mankind Divided shotgun) silhouette, but I wanted to try and create a poll to see what the best magazine would be in this case. I see myself as having four options:

1. Option 1 - Solid, conventional drum mag. As inspired by the Devastator shotgun from Mankind Divided, which is totally inspired by the AA12 shotgun.
2. Option 2 - A "ring" magazine that surrounds the hand. As inspired by Mouse's shotguns.
3. Option 3 - A "ring" magazine in a conventional drum magazine's place. This felt the most Soma, but, well... I'm not sure I'll be able to take it seriously.
4. Option 4 - the SRM12's not-quite-a-revolver-but-also-not-quite-helical magazine. You can see it here.

And it's at this point that I'mma ask YOU for recommendations - which one do I make?

That includes you, @Unus and @Almighty_Jado.

TALLY:

SRM12 - 1
AA12 - 1

ACK! Apologies about the delay! Been stuck in a corpse-like state ever since the ear infection arrived!

Anyway, hm, I'm getting a really fun "male counterpart" Kuva Fortress vibe from em, with the peg-legs and the goggles. Almost makes me think he's like the fat ghouls, only he was properly brought to term and raised instead of being stuck in a bomber as a beastly fetus.

Heh, is it trying to comprehend how the ell you aim one in any direction to fire at all, of is it the fact you have to single-shell load it for autofire like an ol cowboy carbine mixed with a saiga?

Shell-magwise? Hmmmmm, after a bit of zombie-esque staring off into the void thinking, I feel like the "Mouse Mag" would be quite a unique design among the various shotguns available (even, much to my annoyance, my frustrating inclusion of my own for some reason.).

As an aside, hehe, I may have to come to you with a similar pill in the future for an upcoming piece of mine, a Sentient. . . uh. . . hm, chunk of anatomy? Prosthesis? Something along those lines.

Addendum= Further further aside, the ells that squidly thing in the top right? Is that the shell, making it a frag?

Edited by Unus

8 hours ago, Unus said:

ACK! Apologies about the delay! Been stuck in a corpse-like state ever since the ear infection arrived!

An ear infection? Are you alright?!

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Anyway, hm, I'm getting a really fun "male counterpart" Kuva Fortress vibe from em, with the peg-legs and the goggles. Almost makes me think he's like the fat ghouls, only he was properly brought to term and raised instead of being stuck in a bomber as a beastly fetus.

He was inspired by both! He even has the horribly distended jaw. I just really loved the design of the Kuva Guardians, especially the way they're inspired by Jomon-era Dogu figures.

74-jomon.jpg

So I even decided to take inspiration from similar figures for them!

220px-Figurine_Dogu_Jomon_Mus%C3%A9e_Gui

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, is it trying to comprehend how the ell you aim one in any direction to fire at all, of is it the fact you have to single-shell load it for autofire like an ol cowboy carbine mixed with a saiga?

No, it's... well, it's that, actually. And the weird, short barrel. And the giant drum in the middle. And the lack of a pistol grip on the vanilla Boar. Even among Warframe's many strange weapons, the Boar really strains my credibility. It's not one thing about the Boar, it's everything.

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Shell-magwise? Hmmmmm, after a bit of zombie-esque staring off into the void thinking, I feel like the "Mouse Mag" would be quite a unique design among the various shotguns available (even, much to my annoyance, my frustrating inclusion of my own for some reason.).

Are you thinking around the hand or ahead of it? Just to be sure.

8 hours ago, Unus said:

As an aside, hehe, I may have to come to you with a similar pill in the future for an upcoming piece of mine, a Sentient. . . uh. . . hm, chunk of anatomy? Prosthesis? Something along those lines.

Happy to help! I've been thinking about a Sentient weapon too, it's just that, well... since Warframe doesn't seem to have animations for holding a rocket launcher the conventional way (unless I do something different... yesss... huehuehuehue. I have an idea now) I've had some trouble.

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Addendum= Further further aside, the ells that squidly thing in the top right? Is that the shell, making it a frag?

It's a Sentinel that comes equipped with a Loot Detector-like precept, and can use the Pulse Blade sonar knife from Titanfall!
...And that's about as far as I thought. I'mma have to spend some time working on precepts and the main weapon.

SHMUPDATE: THE ILLEGITIMATE SON OF ART DUMP 5

The SRM1216 not-quite-helical mag design (the lowermost one) has received 2 more votes, bringing it up to 3. I wasn't really expecting this, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

(for a more in-depth look, here:)

slider4.jpg

6 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

An ear infection? Are you alright?!

He was inspired by both! He even has the horribly distended jaw. I just really loved the design of the Kuva Guardians, especially the way they're inspired by Jomon-era Dogu figures.

74-jomon.jpg

So I even decided to take inspiration from similar figures for them!

220px-Figurine_Dogu_Jomon_Mus%C3%A9e_Gui

No, it's... well, it's that, actually. And the weird, short barrel. And the giant drum in the middle. And the lack of a pistol grip on the vanilla Boar. Even among Warframe's many strange weapons, the Boar really strains my credibility. It's not one thing about the Boar, it's everything.

Are you thinking around the hand or ahead of it? Just to be sure.

Happy to help! I've been thinking about a Sentient weapon too, it's just that, well... since Warframe doesn't seem to have animations for holding a rocket launcher the conventional way (unless I do something different... yesss... huehuehuehue. I have an idea now) I've had some trouble.

It's a Sentinel that comes equipped with a Loot Detector-like precept, and can use the Pulse Blade sonar knife from Titanfall!
...And that's about as far as I thought. I'mma have to spend some time working on precepts and the main weapon.

Not in the slightest suh! Agonizing pain haunts my every move. Little sleep, little food, little work done. But, I AM alive, for better and for worse.

AHA! I thought the design seemed familiar, but I was always thinking about prehistoric fertility idols. 

Ah, a proverbial sore thumb in a sea of interesting guns. I understand now.

The odd "round the hand" approach. Reminds me of those "protected grips" you see on some pistols.

Hm, when I was doing my own version in the form of an Orokin suicide drone launcher, I decided to steal the Opticor's set for it's most basic animations. Perhaps you can do the same?

Ah, a loot sniffer with a sidearm sentinel gun? Does it build off of the radar modification by letting you, say, see crates through your own eyes through walls? 

6 hours ago, Unus said:

The odd "round the hand" approach. Reminds me of those "protected grips" you see on some pistols.

Ah, I see...

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Hm, when I was doing my own version in the form of an Orokin suicide drone launcher, I decided to steal the Opticor's set for it's most basic animations. Perhaps you can do the same?

I was actually thinking of stealing from the Angstrum! 😛

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, a loot sniffer with a sidearm sentinel gun? Does it build off of the radar modification by letting you, say, see crates through your own eyes through walls? 

Sure, why not?

ART DUMP 6 I GUESS: REVENGE OF THE RETURN OF THE DEATH OF THE BIRTH OF THE RISE OF THE BRIDE OF THE SON OF THE DAWN OF THE AGE OF THE RISE OF THE RESURRECTION OF THE BIRTH OF THE REDEMPTION OF THE BIRTH OF THE...

BOLWAR AND GRAAL

grineer__augis__and__roakh__units_by_har
"My Queens, my beautiful, my EFFERVESCENT, all-giving Queens. You... see. That many Grineer claim to see their charges as... SONS. Oh, they talk a big game, don't they, Vor and the like, my sons this, my sons that, even Hek in a way. THEY ARE TERRIBLE PARENTS.

If the parents of the foolish colonists and degenerate Orokin seek to provide for their spawn, then we fail by that standard. We do not provide. Argument could be made we are Grineer, we do not have to provide, but how many Grineer must we waste? I see a better use here, for those deformed FAILURES of mine. And thus, I give the Augis and Radtus. Symbiotic, yet not.

The Roakh has been built to crawl through into the smallest of spaces, along the walls, even - and come with a variety of tools. A small, nimble thing capable of fixing near-any problem. See them crawl along our machinery, or across ceilings, flanking the Tenno betrayers with their weaponry. Larger variants still in the works. They're too small to hold anything bigger than a pistol, so I gave them the best pistols I could.

For reasons I can neither comprehend nor explain, they get along extraordinarily well with the Augis. Here you can see the turret I added to an Augis' back, just to. Accommodate them.

The Augis, however... a personal favorite. Inspired by Hek's little abomination, the... what did he call it? A DEVOURER. Same mouth, but more care to its creation. Massive, but often hard to trust with a firearm, the Augis uses decommissioned Dargyns as shields. Hellions, Shields, Hellion shields? IT CAN DO ALL OF THAT, AND... MORE. It will be an unstoppable wall between Tenno and Grineer. Its detonite flail can destroy the toughest crowds, and its jump modules ensure it can rush forward to serve as an impregnable bulwark of the Grineer army."
--Tyl Regor's proposal

ENEMY: ROAKH:

weapons: Nukor radiation pistol or Brakk shotgun pistol, Ripkas 
abilities:
1. Wall-Crawl - is capable of crawling and/or running across walls and ceilings, brandishing its weapon.
2. Hide - capable of jumping between machinery, or hiding in vents to strike. 
3. Turret - capable of taking over an Augis' turret.

variants
Giant Roakh - A larger Roakh armed with full-sized weaponry - such as shotguns, or even grenade launchers. Each of which count as sub-variants. Giant Roakhs can't use the turret, though.

ENEMY: AUGIS

weapons: Augis-spec Bolwar tower shield and Graal flail, possibly a Brakk.
abilities
1. Energy shield - Uses an overcharged Shield Dargyn's, uh... shield to protect it and nearby Grineer from incoming bullets.
2. Jumpkit - activates a short-range jump pack that lets it close the gap easily. It leaves shockwaves upon hitting.
3. Pull - can drag enemies in with its flail.
4. Shield Bash - has high knockback on nearby enemies.
(Passive: An Roakh can get on their back to use the turret)

variants:
Infested Augis: The Graal whip has merged with the arm into a tentacle. Its distended Ghoul Devourer-like mouth is full of baleen-like tentacles. Also, the Roakh has merged with them, and fires in all directions.
Hellion Augis: Uses a shield Hellion Dargyn. Instead of Pulling enemies, it's capable of firing missiles from its decommissioned Dargyn shield.
Infested Hellion Augis: ...Good lord, NO! I'm not that evil.
DOGU: A friendly (retired) Augis aligned with Steel Meridian that lives in Cetus, in a decommissioned Firbolg. He likes to make pottery, and will sell it to you happily.

WEAPON: BOLWAR AND GRAAL FLAIL AND SHIELD:
"An explosive flail with a head that destroys whatever it touches, paired with a Grineer shield."

The Graal - a corruption of 'Grenade Flail' - uses a detonite core combined with Orokin science to cause explosions on whatever its head hits. In terms of stats, it has high impact, puncture, and inherent blast damage - with rather anemic (less than 10!) slash damage. As it should. This has proven devastating to Infested swarms and Corpus. Paired with this is the Bolwar, a Grineer shield using the module of a shield Dargyn. 

And yes. This is absolutely Tenno-usable, with some caveats - 1), you don't get the missile version, 2), the shield is far smaller. Obviously, the actual Tenno-scale Bolwar (as seen here) is not a decommissioned Dargyn. That would be silly.

It comes with the stance Obliterating Chain, though it is also capable of using sword and shield stances. But these turn it into a simple mace and shield.

Artist notes:

...Well that happened. Three concepts? In one art piece? Yeesh. 

The Augis was the original idea behind the Bolwar and Graal when I first created them. I'd been watching iFlynn's youtube video about new weapons he'd like to see, and a tower shield and flail came up as one. So, inspired by the Mauler from Gears of War, I decided to make a new Grineer with the same explosive flail (because that was so cool) and a shield. Basing the tower shield on a Dargyn wasn't entirely intentional, but I liked the idea - especially when I thought it could lead to using the Dargyn's missiles against Tenno. I immediately started coming up with variants - I loved the idea of one of these that could shoot missiles.

The Roakh, however, was sort of an afterthought. I'd been thinking about a Grineer that could crawl on ceilings, and one that could use the turret on the Augis' back. I was of the opinion that there wasn't enough in either enemy to serve as individuals, so I merged them! The Giant Roakh is about as close as you can get to my original ceiling-crawling idea.

This should feel like fighting a miniboss. It should inspire the feelings of dread I had back when Noxes laughed at my shields and I was too stupid to add in armor on my Frost. But it should also feel rewarding! Which is why they drop blueprints for the Bolwar and Graal, and also have a chance to drop Neurodes, Neural Sensors, or (more rarely) Orokin Cells. And why the Bolwar and Graal blueprint is pretty expensive. You could make a lot of money selling them for spare creds...

To prove this isn't my personal villain sue, I've listed some tactics for dealing with an Augis and/or Roakh:

1. Get more air - the Augis' shield doesn't cover every part of it, shooting straight down while in midair should help.
2. Attack while they're using Jumpkit - they leave a lot of open space on their body while they do this.
3. Aim for feet: Again, the shield doesn't cover everything.
4. Get behind them: ...self-explanatory, really.
5. Cold Damage: Slow them down enough to take advantage of #2 and #4.

As for Dogu, the friendly retired Augis? Well, he was also a bit of an afterthought. I realized that it would be strangely easy to make something this massive look lovable, so I decided that would be Dogu. Who, as befitting his name, sells pottery.

• Like 1

I really love the art style. these would fit right in with the regular game. The little knobs, arcs of metal, and the elegant lines of these weapons remind me very much of some of the guns in game, notably the sybaris and a lot of the clan tenno weapons

9 hours ago, EscapistArtist said:

I really love the art style. these would fit right in with the regular game. The little knobs, arcs of metal, and the elegant lines of these weapons remind me very much of some of the guns in game, notably the sybaris and a lot of the clan tenno weapons

Thank you so much! That means a lot to me. I love getting to draw in Warframe's artstyle, because it's just so... freeing. Back when I tried to make weapon fanart for Titanfall, I had to try so hard to make it make sense, but this way, I don't! I can do whatever I want! And it's a lot of fun.

Funny you mention the Sybaris - So far, the Sybaris, Rubico, and Soma have been the biggest influences on all of this. Example being the Bruin, (from earlier on this page) which is inspired by all of those things.