Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

16 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Borderlands 3.

...I have such mixed feelings on that game tbh. On the one hand, it is objectively the best that the loot, the vault hunters, and especially the guns have ever been. The guns have so much more kick, and even Torgue weapons (previously the most cartoony) now feel almost a little grounded. Since every manufacturer has their own individual parts now, the shotguns now look so much less malformed. (I'm supposed to believe that Jakobs' only shotguns are these oversized malformed things the size of my torso?) I've homaged it a lot on this thread, actually. Probably the best example would be the Euston - it was directly designed based on how Vladof let you turn off your brain and auto-reload the grenade launcher.

The Cromlech autoshotgun and Grozza SMG both come from me realizing that the Tracker Grenade function from Atlas assault rifles would if anything fit better in this game.  Reason and the Mohb are based on Torgue sticky gyrojets. The Adjudicas and Jubal are both based on a 'retired" Jakobs idea I had once. . The Makina is partly descended from the idea of "a jakobs gun that does Radiation procs on headshots," along with a Spacelords gun that did something fairly similar. It's also because of Borderlands 3 that I've made the Vernal levergun and reworked the Terminus.

...Jakobs in general is influential AF, the amount of variety they have could easily be the procedural generation system for another game. You've got bolt-action rifles, leverguns, semiautos, hand-crank gatling guns, tube mags, en-bloc clips, the weird Jakobs wheel mag, and standard box mags in rifles, you've got shotguns that're basically the previous game's shotgun generation system in miniature, and great revolvers that can look like anything from a Colt Anaconda to a Remington 1858. If you play BL3, I guarantee that you will find a gun (randomly generated or legendary) that absolutely feels like it'd fit in this game.

But.

Butt...

man, the story is ass.

Borderlands 2 doesn't have as much characterization, but it was always good at feeling personal. You're pitted against a guy that feels like the yin to your yang, your perfect opposite, who starts out by screwing you over and doesn't do anything but get worse and worse. BL3 only... sporadically has that. I like individual sections like the Promethea arc and Eden-6 arc, but overall the story just feels like less than the sum of its parts.

I've played 1, 2 and 1.5. I didn't like 1.5 that much even if it did give us a lot of buildup to 2. Jack's transformation from a kinda good goofball into a maniac felt kinda rushed. It would have been better if we didn't know about that side of him. I heard about the story for 3 and decided to skip it. I'm big on story and 2 gave us the best that the Borderlands team had to offer. The guns do look really good though.

• Like 1

Tenno 'Moira' Revolver 

“This Tenno explosive caseless revolver was designed to find the biggest game in the system, and cull it in the highest possible numbers. Headshots with this weapon in contact-detontion mode cause its explosive projectiles to ricochet towards nearby enemies, sticky mode plasters enemies with sticky explosive projectiles and throws them towards nearby enemies on kills, and kills with this weapon cause them to explode.
--codex

Special Traits: 

Atropos: Kills with this weapon cause enemies to explode. Explosions from headshot kills do increased damage and cause forced cold procs.

tenno__moira__explosive_revolver_by_fluf

Lore
A simpler ancestor of the Naga revolver, the ‘Moira’ boasts massive caseless rounds with a large explosive payload. Its ammo is, not to put too fine a point on it, weird.

Firstly, headshots with this weapon cause its explosive projectiles to ricochet towards nearby enemies, essentially allowing it to explode twice. Kills with this weapon cause enemies to explode, but headshots with this weapon increase the damage of these explosions.

Thirdly, it comes with a sticky altfire mode similar to that of the Reason autorevolver. Rounds fired in this mode stick to enemies, delaying the explosion until the enemy is killed. Kills on stickied enemies cause all projectiles (including a sticky, if you fired it) to explode and ricochet towards nearby enemies. This essentially turns any enemy that’s been stickied into a Kulstar-like cluster bomb. Headshots in sticky mode just ricochet a sticky projectile towards another enemy*.

In addition, sticky mode deals forced cold procs on headshots, and the sticky mode explosion does not do cold damage. Kills with this weapon also cause enemies to explode in a torrent of cold damage.

The result is a pistol that can devastate entire crowds with a single well-placed shot, barraging enemies with massive amounts of status.

The Depezador Prime was built to hammer into enemies with successive headshots, the Vasto Prime was meant to lacerate enemies,  and the Estampida was built to obliterate single targets,  but this? This was made to scythe through crowds like wheat.

Haruka Lorne designed this pistol to reach out into a crowd of dangerous Infestation - essentially, a way to hunt out-of-control Infested, emphasizing precise shots like a hunting pistol while also rewarding this precision with explosive damage.

During the Old War era, the Moira had two primary users: Firstly, Orokin elites used it on hunting trips to recreationally cull Infested and other targets that displeased them, and Tenno assigned on expeditions to Plague Moons or Infested outbreaks who intended to clear out as many as possible. 

One precise shot with this weapon into the head can essentially double the amount of enemies caught in the blast radius, assuming it doesn’t turn them into a minefield as each of them explode, one by one.

With the preponderance of humanoid enemies in the Origin System nowadays, however, its impact is much more keenly felt. Against crowds of charging grineer or corpus, this pistol can punch through a shield or armor, leave a hole the size of a fist, freeze (or irradiate, or sicken) all enemies within a small radius…

Twice over.

These weapons reentered the Origin System not long after the Great Narmer War. While confined on Deimos, Haruka Lorne’s fireteam of Tenno and the Entrati found themselves with little to do but clean and explore the Necralisk and various Infested labs…

…and these were found within an isolation vault, bearing the signatures of Haruka Lorne and Father Entrati. In fact, it bore his real name, but Father chose to stay with his new name on the basis that he preferred to be a new person.

According to these notes, the Moira was an attempt to create a short-range, high-caliber version of the Cenotaph semiauto cannon - something that rewarded precision not by killing enemies around it faster, but by overloading them with status effects and slowing them. 

The ricochet mode was, much like that of the Adjudicas, added partly for laughs so Father and Haruka could set up particularly strange trickshots.

It loads using a loading lever similar to the ancient  Remington 1858 revolver - the loading lever is pulled down, allowing the cylinder to be quickly removed.

Artist notes:
This may be too much lol

Stats

Magazine: 6

Fire Rate 2

Noise Level: Alarming

Projectile Type: Hit-Scan

Trigger Type: semi

On Impact

Total Damage 88

42 Impact

28 Slash

18 Cold

Crit Chance 33% 

Crit Multiplier 2.5x 

Status Chance 21%

Headshot Multiplier: 3.15x

Fire Rate 2

Multishot 1 (84 damage per projectile)

Forced Procs: Cold (on headshot)

Noise Level Alarming

Projectile Type Hit-Scan

Trigger Type semi

Radial

Total Damage 88

20 Blast

28 Puncture

40 Slash

Crit Chance 32%

Crit Multiplier 2.5x

Damage Falloff

100% damage up to 0 m

85% damage at 1.6 m 

15% max reduction

Fire Rate 2

Range 1.6 m

Status Chance 20% 

Projectile Type AoE

Contact-Detonation

On Impact

Total Damage 88

42 Impact

28 Slash

18 Puncture

Crit Chance 32% 

Crit Multiplier 2.5x 

Status Chance 20%

Fire Rate 2

Multishot 1 (88 damage per projectile)

Noise Level Alarming

Projectile Type Hit-Scan

Trigger Type semi

Radial

Total Damage 48

24 cold

24 Impact

Crit Chance 32%

Crit Multiplier 2.5x

Damage Falloff

100% damage up to 0 m

85% damage at 1.6 m 

15% max reduction

Fire Rate 2

Range 1.6 m

Status Chance 20% 

Projectile Type AoE

Death Explosion Damage:
Total Damage 136 cold / 272 cold

Crit Chance 21%

Crit Multiplier 2.5x

Damage Falloff

100% damage up to 0 m

85% damage at 2m 

15% max reduction

Fire Rate 3
Forced Procs: Cold

Range 3.2 m

Status Chance 30% 

Projectile Type AoE

Artist Notes:

Yes, it’s hitscan.

First off, I realize that the altfire has so much more presence than primary fire, but think of it this way: secondary fire is for people that want to be more deliberate, primary fire is for moments where you need that extra damage and you need it now.

This drawing was passed back and forth between lots of different ideas. Originally it was the model for the Charbon, then it was the model for the Avanc, and then I changed it to… something else. Originally, it had a headshot explosion function in addition to its regular old explosive rounds and headshot kill explosion. But that was frighteningly hard to stat. 

Also, it stepped on the toes of the Spartoi (Which was meant to feel like a precision cluster bomb pistol) and the Makina, which does headshot damage explosions and has massive status. Also, the Makina was also a nightmare to balance and I wasn’t interested in reproducing the nightmare. 

Anyway. This is based on Captain Harlock’s Cosmo Dragoon…. Except, instead of a Colt Dragoon as the base, I used a Remington 1858 cap and ball revolver. This one is perhaps most well-known for having a removable cylinder. That’s actually how this thing reloads, too! 

The name, however, is a reference to the Fatebringer Hand Cannon from Destiny. “Moira” is the singular form for one of the Greek Fates. And also the name of the owner of this 155-pound wolfdog I know. I thought it was funny how it was already explosive and caused headshot kill explosions, so this is an attempt to replicate that while still making it hitscan.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Moira' Revolver 

“This Tenno explosive caseless revolver was designed to find the biggest game in the system, and cull it in the highest possible numbers. Headshots with this weapon in contact-detontion mode cause its explosive projectiles to ricochet towards nearby enemies, sticky mode plasters enemies with sticky explosive projectiles and throws them towards nearby enemies on kills, and kills with this weapon cause them to explode.
--codex

Special Traits: 

Atropos: Kills with this weapon cause enemies to explode. Explosions from headshot kills do increased damage and cause forced cold procs.

tenno__moira__explosive_revolver_by_fluf

Lore
A simpler ancestor of the Naga revolver, the ‘Moira’ boasts massive caseless rounds with a large explosive payload. Its ammo is, not to put too fine a point on it, weird.

Firstly, headshots with this weapon cause its explosive projectiles to ricochet towards nearby enemies, essentially allowing it to explode twice. Kills with this weapon cause enemies to explode, but headshots with this weapon increase the damage of these explosions.

Thirdly, it comes with a sticky altfire mode similar to that of the Reason autorevolver. Rounds fired in this mode stick to enemies, delaying the explosion until the enemy is killed. Kills on stickied enemies cause all projectiles (including a sticky, if you fired it) to explode and ricochet towards nearby enemies. This essentially turns any enemy that’s been stickied into a Kulstar-like cluster bomb. Headshots in sticky mode just ricochet a sticky projectile towards another enemy*.

In addition, sticky mode deals forced cold procs on headshots, and the sticky mode explosion does not do cold damage. Kills with this weapon also cause enemies to explode in a torrent of cold damage.

The result is a pistol that can devastate entire crowds with a single well-placed shot, barraging enemies with massive amounts of status.

The Depezador Prime was built to hammer into enemies with successive headshots, the Vasto Prime was meant to lacerate enemies,  and the Estampida was built to obliterate single targets,  but this? This was made to scythe through crowds like wheat.

Haruka Lorne designed this pistol to reach out into a crowd of dangerous Infestation - essentially, a way to hunt out-of-control Infested, emphasizing precise shots like a hunting pistol while also rewarding this precision with explosive damage.

During the Old War era, the Moira had two primary users: Firstly, Orokin elites used it on hunting trips to recreationally cull Infested and other targets that displeased them, and Tenno assigned on expeditions to Plague Moons or Infested outbreaks who intended to clear out as many as possible. 

One precise shot with this weapon into the head can essentially double the amount of enemies caught in the blast radius, assuming it doesn’t turn them into a minefield as each of them explode, one by one.

With the preponderance of humanoid enemies in the Origin System nowadays, however, its impact is much more keenly felt. Against crowds of charging grineer or corpus, this pistol can punch through a shield or armor, leave a hole the size of a fist, freeze (or irradiate, or sicken) all enemies within a small radius…

Twice over.

These weapons reentered the Origin System not long after the Great Narmer War. While confined on Deimos, Haruka Lorne’s fireteam of Tenno and the Entrati found themselves with little to do but clean and explore the Necralisk and various Infested labs…

…and these were found within an isolation vault, bearing the signatures of Haruka Lorne and Father Entrati. In fact, it bore his real name, but Father chose to stay with his new name on the basis that he preferred to be a new person.

According to these notes, the Moira was an attempt to create a short-range, high-caliber version of the Cenotaph semiauto cannon - something that rewarded precision not by killing enemies around it faster, but by overloading them with status effects and slowing them. 

The ricochet mode was, much like that of the Adjudicas, added partly for laughs so Father and Haruka could set up particularly strange trickshots.

It loads using a loading lever similar to the ancient  Remington 1858 revolver - the loading lever is pulled down, allowing the cylinder to be quickly removed.

Artist notes:
This may be too much lol

Stats

Magazine: 6

Fire Rate 2

Noise Level: Alarming

Projectile Type: Hit-Scan

Trigger Type: semi

On Impact

Total Damage 88

42 Impact

28 Slash

18 Cold

Crit Chance 33% 

Crit Multiplier 2.5x 

Status Chance 21%

Fire Rate 2

Multishot 1 (84 damage per projectile)

Forced Procs: Cold (on headshot)

Noise Level Alarming

Projectile Type Hit-Scan

Trigger Type semi

Radial

Total Damage 88

20 Blast

28 Puncture

40 Slash

Crit Chance 32%

Crit Multiplier 2.5x

Damage Falloff

100% damage up to 0 m

85% damage at 1.6 m 

15% max reduction

Fire Rate 2

Range 1.6 m

Status Chance 20% 

Projectile Type AoE

Contact-Detonation

On Impact

Total Damage 88

42 Impact

28 Slash

18 Puncture

Crit Chance 32% 

Crit Multiplier 2.5x 

Status Chance 20%

Fire Rate 2

Multishot 1 (88 damage per projectile)

Noise Level Alarming

Projectile Type Hit-Scan

Trigger Type semi

Radial

Total Damage 48

24 cold

24 Impact

Crit Chance 32%

Crit Multiplier 2.5x

Damage Falloff

100% damage up to 0 m

85% damage at 1.6 m 

15% max reduction

Fire Rate 2

Range 1.6 m

Status Chance 20% 

Projectile Type AoE

Death Explosion Damage:
Total Damage 136 cold / 272 cold

Crit Chance 21%

Crit Multiplier 2.5x

Damage Falloff

100% damage up to 0 m

85% damage at 2m 

15% max reduction

Fire Rate 3
Forced Procs: Cold

Range 3.2 m

Status Chance 30% 

Projectile Type AoE

Artist Notes:

Yes, it’s hitscan.

First off, I realize that the altfire has so much more presence than primary fire, but think of it this way: secondary fire is for people that want to be more deliberate, primary fire is for moments where you need that extra damage and you need it now.

This drawing was passed back and forth between lots of different ideas. Originally it was the model for the Charbon, then it was the model for the Avanc, and then I changed it to… something else. Originally, it had a headshot explosion function in addition to its regular old explosive rounds and headshot kill explosion. But that was frighteningly hard to stat. 

Also, it stepped on the toes of the Spartoi (Which was meant to feel like a precision cluster bomb pistol) and the Makina, which does headshot damage explosions and has massive status. Also, the Makina was also a nightmare to balance and I wasn’t interested in reproducing the nightmare. 

Anyway. This is based on Captain Harlock’s Cosmo Dragoon…. Except, instead of a Colt Dragoon as the base, I used a Remington 1858 cap and ball revolver. This one is perhaps most well-known for having a removable cylinder. That’s actually how this thing reloads, too! 

The name, however, is a reference to the Fatebringer Hand Cannon from Destiny. “Moira” is the singular form for one of the Greek Fates. And also the name of the owner of this 155-pound wolfdog I know. I thought it was funny how it was already explosive and caused headshot kill explosions, so this is an attempt to replicate that while still making it hitscan.

Another great revolver! It's been a while since we've got a new revolver in warframe. The closest I can think of is the tenent plinx and even then it's not really one is just kind of looks like one with the somewhat cylindrical battery in the center section after the trigger.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Another great revolver!

It's the one thing this thread is best at. Well, that and improvised firearms. I've got a couple ideas for more revolvers - one that's essentially the Last Word, another that does guaranteed electric procs on headshots - but I'm not a hundred percent sure what I'll do next.

(Ironically, because of how Radiation damage works in Borderlands, that one will probably be closer to how the radiation idea worked.)

29 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

The closest I can think of is the tenent plinx and even then it's not really one is just kind of looks like one with the somewhat cylindrical battery in the center section after the trigger.

I think they might've planned for it to be a revolver - the cylinder sometimes vanishes while crafting a Tenet version, suggesting to me that it might have been plans to animate the cylinder, but... we don't see it.

It's kind of a shame, really - there's something interesting about the idea of a revolver-style handgun that has a recharging battery and mimics the idea of a slow shell-by-shell revolver, but... I just do not vibe with the Plinx. Haven't leveled the Tenet versin up yet, but I'm kinda annoyed at how it feels like DE tried to get our attention by grafting an explosive fire mode onto a lackluster gun.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

but I'm not a hundred percent sure what I'll do next.

update:  I now know what the next revolver will be. Relatively. I have, like... 2-4 ideas.

Next gun will be that sniper, as soon as I figure out what it does.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

update:  I now know what the next revolver will be. Relatively. I have, like... 2-4 ideas.

Next gun will be that sniper, as soon as I figure out what it does.

Ohh, a new sniper rifle sounds fun! It's been a while since your last one.

2 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Ohh, a new sniper rifle sounds fun! It's been a while since your last one.

Are we counting the Harken? Cause that was a bit less of a new sniper and a bit more of just a light cleaning.

Snipers are hella neglected tbh. With AoE weapons and bullethose weapons being what they are, along with shotguns delivering more reliable power at typical engagement range, (and whatever the hell is with Strun Prime's range - I put on Narrow Barrel cause it didn't even need range mods lol) along with sniper rifles just being... pretty cumbersome... there just isn't that much cause to use them outside of Eidolon Hunts.

I feel like I'll have failed and wasted a perfectly good design if I don't push it into being something battle rifle or DMR ish.

I might look at some scout rifle perks or ideas from Destiny 2.

• Like 2

Tenno 'Haoma' Assault Rifle (retouched)

“Assault rifle with four-round bust and full auto. Boasts high weakpoint damage, controllable recoil, and excellent crit.”
–Codex

Special Traits:
+50% Bonus Headshot Damage
Kills refill 8% of mag.

tenno__haoma__assault_rifle__retouching_

Now I know what some of you are probably thinking. Why am I retouching this thing now?

And the answer is simple. The original version I uploaded... You see that butter-yellow thing that forms part of the trigger guard? The rest of the original gun was in much more muted color, so it stuck out like a sore thumb and it was bothering me. Like. A lot. As in "I cannot imagine drawing another gun while I leave a favorite looking this wack."

I also made some very minor ergonomic changes here.

I still don't know what that sniper rifle does, by the way. Maybe I'll go write some pony fanfic till I come up with more ideas.

On 2021-12-24 at 2:09 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Lore

A simplified derivative of the Soma, part of the same project that created the Somesha (a SOMA PATTERN AUTOSHOTGUN YEAH BOYIEEEEEE). Unlike other weapons in the Soma family, it doesn’t boast the unique harmonica mag or spooling trigger.

It does, however, boast the unique stats you’d expect of the Soma series - poor status, and such high crit that its armor-piercing rounds can punch out a devastating one-shot kill, even when they really shouldn’t be able to do so. 

The Haoma can be considered a sidegrade to the Stradavar Prime. While the Stradavar has higher base damage and a more ammo-efficient, immediate altfire, the Haoma is great for saturating enemies with a hail of bullets.

It also has more manageable recoil and accuracy, owing to its low bore axis and tilted receiver. The receiver is angled at 7 degrees to the barrel, giving an element of braking to the bolt, and also resisting the upward movement of the barrel during fully automatic fire. This also virtually eliminates muzzle climb. It’s not entirely gone, however, as the muzzle steadily begins to climb upwards between the fourth and sixth rounds fired. This is, however, completely negated by burst mode, which fires the rounds just slightly faster, enough that it’s almost guaranteed all shots will be on target.

The best way to use the Haoma is as a DMR that happens to fire low-caliber rounds in full auto, aiming for heads or other weakpoints and letting loose. This is reinforced by the fact that it has traits more suitable to a semiautomatic battle rifle, such as its accuracy and extreme damage against weak points in enemies.  Using an advanced Void something-or-other, kills with this weapon refill 8% of the mag.

This last modification was not common during the Old War - it was an innovation that became more common as the Old War ended, and was made universal after the Tenno Wakening.

Due to its low recoil and rate of fire, the Haoma is often nicknamed the ‘beamer,’ a confusing nickname considering how many Tenno have used actual beam weapons. The confusion evaporates as soon as said Tenno put a Haoma to work and mow down enemies.

It may not have punch-through. But Tenno don’t need punch-through (you can add it if you want. Why not, right) on this weapon, as long as they have great aim.

On a funny note, the stock actually folds when it’s stowed on a Tenno’s back. It always ejects out of the side that the stock isn’t folded onto.

Stats

Magazine: 80
Rate Of Fire: 11.25
Reload: 3s

Full Auto

Damage: 24
12 Slash
8 Puncture
4 Impact
Status Chance: 12%
Critical Chance: 30%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Headshot Multiplier: 4.5x

Burst

Burst Count: 4
Burst Delay: 0.1s
Burst Rate: 11.25
Damage: 40
21 Slash
13 Puncture
6 Impact
Status Chance: 24%
Critical Chance: 36%
Headshot Multiplier: 4.5x

Artist Notes:

Originally, this had a trait that made it cause explosions on headshot kills. That... is something I'll do at a later date. As it is, refilling the mag felt like a much more normal, understated way to do this.

Aesthetically, the biggest inspiration for this was the Soma, (obviously) though there’s a lot of influence from both the R201 assault rifle. The angled receiver is inspired by the Jatimatic! I have no idea if this makes any kind of sense on an assault rifle, I just did this because it was funny.

Mechanically, it has more in common with the L36 Halberd from Aliens Fireteam. The devs gave it 2.5x headshot damage, meaning that it can punch surprisingly far above its weight (the Pulse Rifle is still my favorite. Because come on. It’s Aliens.) assuming you keep landing headshots. However, muzzle climb is a thing, so you can’t just beam enemies with unceasing headshots. This is, after all, the franchise that gave us the phrase “short, controlled bursts.”

There was one other thing: We don't have an assault rifle where you just tap the altfire key to switch from burst to full auto. I mean, we have the Kuva Hind and Tiberon Prime, but I don't like having to switch past semi or auto to get to the mode I want. We've also got the Quartakk, but that doesn't use the altfire button. 

I wanted to make it nearly recoilless, but I didn’t think it was a good idea. So I stopped. I’m not exactly sure when the muzzle climb might set in, but it’s important that it exists. 

And yes, I know some of you want that Entrati gun. That’ll come next. Then a revolver, which I have put off for FAR TOO LONG.

I’ll work on pony art and fanfic in the meantime.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Haoma' Assault Rifle (retouched)

“Assault rifle with four-round bust and full auto. Boasts high weakpoint damage, controllable recoil, and excellent crit.”
–Codex

Special Traits:
+50% Bonus Headshot Damage
Kills refill 8% of mag.

Now I know what some of you are probably thinking. Why am I retouching this thing now?

And the answer is simple. The original version I uploaded... You see that butter-yellow thing that forms part of the trigger guard? The rest of the original gun was in much more muted color, so it stuck out like a sore thumb and it was bothering me. Like. A lot. As in "I cannot imagine drawing another gun while I leave a favorite looking this wack."

I also made some very minor ergonomic changes here.

I still don't know what that sniper rifle does, by the way. Maybe I'll go write some pony fanfic till I come up with more ideas.

you could take a page out of Borderlands 3 book and give it some sort of altfire more suited for general use with the sniper mode used to deal with heavy units/eximus.

5 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

you could take a page out of Borderlands 3 book and give it some sort of altfire more suited for general use with the sniper mode used to deal with heavy units/eximus.

I see where you’re going with this, but… I don’t quite see myself doing that one. Honestly, I just wanted to make a “fire selector”-type weapon that exclusively had burst and auto.

(I have mixed feelings on Tiberon Prime and Kuva Hind. I mean, they’re good, but they both have one fire mode out of three that just feels like it doesn’t quite gel with their nominal focus on crit or status. Who’s building a Tiberon Prime for one fire mode’s status, anyway?)

I could increase the damage of the burst though…

• Like 1

22 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Beautiful design. Is that a foldable stock? 

The stats look pretty good all things considered. It's a specialised Soma with exactly the kind of stats I'd like to see from a Soma adjacent gun. 

What are your thoughts on primitive weapons, like crossbows, bows and throwing stars?

Not asking for any particular reason :3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Beautiful design. Is that a foldable stock? 

Yeah, it folds when you stow it =D

also, the receiver is partly based on the Finnish jatimatic SMG. I don’t know how that makes sense with whatever Warframe guns use as ammo, but I feel like it’s best just not to question it.

The stats look pretty good all things considered. It's a specialised Soma with exactly the kind of stats I'd like to see from a Soma adjacent gun. 

Thanks so much!  And essentially yeah - Tiny status, high crit, high RoF, and weirdly placed mags seem to be a hallmark of the Soma series. (Though I’m willing to bend the rules on that one now and then) 

What are your thoughts on primitive weapons, like crossbows, bows and throwing stars?

I think they’re great for establishing that we’re more than space supersoldiers, and they add a lot to the universe, establishing the sort of “archaic, Dune-like sci-fi universe” vibe we’re dealing with…

….unfortunately, the urge to make them rarely seems to strike me, and I so obsessively gravitate towards rifles, shotguns, and pistols that I don’t often find myself with the incentive to think it over.
i could stand to make more. It’d be a nice diversion from puzzling over how to make a bizarre shotgun. I did make some cryotic throwing knives once though! 

I might have a Mycona crossbow idea lying around somewhere…

• Like 1

Also, if i'm still talking weapons, I made a quick update to the Depezador Prime. Nothing much, just increasing the size of the trigger guard. Anyway:

Spoiler

On 11/6/2020 at 5:07 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

DEPEZADOR PRIME 2020 REMASTER

depezador_prime__2021_re_edit__by_fluffy

“This baroque, engraved top-break revolver fires laser-sliced slugs from its primary barrel, and uses Entrati siphon technology to load a central shotgun barrel with cryotic-infused buckshot. Land headshots with this weapon to activate altfire, and increase the critical multiplier.

It was originally a reward for honorable service, but you decide the honors now.”
--Codex

Special Traits: 
Headhunter - increases critical damage by 18% on each successive headshot, removing one stack of the bonus on misses. Body shots reset any decay, but do not add to the combo. +10% bonus headshot damage.
Cryotic Buckshot: Central shotgun barrel has a chance to deal cold damage regardless of the elemental build.

STATS

Trigger: Semi
Magazine Size: 9 (+1 shotgun)
Fire Rate: 3.2 rounds per second
Reload: 2.0s
Combo Decay: 3.0s
Accuracy Recovery: 0.4s

Primary Fire
Damage: 99
    slash:  63
    puncture: 14
    impact: 22 
Critical Chance: 32%
Status Chance:  16%
Headshot Multiplier: 3.3x
Punch-Through: 0.5m

Special Traits
Adds +18% critical damage on headshots up to 5 times.

Secondary Fire: 
Damage: 704
    Cold: 451
    Impact: 176
    Puncture: 77
Pellets: 11
Magazine Size: 1
Fire Rate: N/A
Status Chance: 9.2%
Critical Chance: 11%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
Punch-Through: 1.0m

special traits:  Cryotic Buckshot - each pellet has a 9.2% chance to proc cold damage

Will post the two inspirations behind a lot of the rework later!

Speaking of which, I'm working on another revolver slightly inspired by the LeMat.

here's the basic plan for the immediate future:

1. That Sniper Rifle
    1. (Still not sure what it does)
  2. Ganymede 'Bliska' SMG
  3. 5-round burst pistol
  4. Somewhat against my will, the next Tenno shotgun will either be the Trenchance autoshotgun or something inspired by the Cosmi

• Like 2

On 3/3/2023 at 6:00 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Also, if i'm still talking weapons, I made a quick update to the Depezador Prime. Nothing much, just increasing the size of the trigger guard. Anyway:

Reveal hidden contents

Speaking of which, I'm working on another revolver slightly inspired by the LeMat.

here's the basic plan for the immediate future:

1. That Sniper Rifle
    1. (Still not sure what it does)
  2. Ganymede 'Bliska' SMG
  3. 5-round burst pistol
  4. Somewhat against my will, the next Tenno shotgun will either be the Trenchance autoshotgun or something inspired by the Cosmi

Looks like a fun future lineup!

I was wondering on what your thoughts on the new incarnon weapons talked about in the latest devstream are?

Looks like a fun future lineup!

Btw, here's the Cosmi.

G0123-Cosmi_Spread_Composite-7937_Layere

It's break-action and it keeps the magazine in the stock

Only 7500 of these weapons have been made since 1930 or so.

I was wondering on what your thoughts on the new incarnon weapons talked about in the latest devstream are?

Not sure. I'm certainly interested in seeing how they change the behavior of all these weapons... especially the Vasto, Strun, Kulstar, Soma, and Latron. Love those five. (Yes, even the Latron, I have a goddamned ridiculous Latron riven). I really find myself wondering... iiiiiiin addition to hoping I'm not locked to the non-prime versions.  And wondering how my goddamned ridiculous rivens for all of 'em interact with these.

Hmmm. The Boltor's incarnon mode will be interesting, especially because I have an insane crit mod on the boltor...

/IncarnonSoma/ Tier1A - '[PH]Punch-through with armour above X.' Tier1B - '[PH]On kill by slash damage tick: Add X overshields.' Tier2A - '[PH]Recoil.' Tier2B - '[PH]Accuracy.' Tier2C - '[PH]Reload Speed.' Tier3A - '[PH]Reload from empty: Increase damage, stacks up to 3x.' Tier3B - '[PH]High Status.' Tier3C - '[PH]Crit Damage.'

oh my goodness lol

I suppose I could add more status, but like... come on lol. THE CRIT.

/IncarnonLex/ Tier1A - '[PH]On Shield Loss: Damage for X secs.' Tier1B - '[PH]Gun Channeling.' Tier2A - '[PH]On Headshot: Improve recoil & accuracy for X secs, stacks 3x.' Tier2B - '[PH]Clip Size.' Tier2C - '[PH]Faster reload from empty.' Tier3A - '[PH]On Equip: Headshot Damage for X secs.' Tier3B - '[PH]On Hit: Fire Rate for X secs.' Tier3C - '[PH]Balanced Crit & Crit Damage.'

/IncarnonVasto/ Tier1A - '[PH]Increased damage with no primary or secondary equipped.' Tier1B - '[PH]On Equip: Crit Chance and damage on first shot within X secs.' Tier2A - '[PH]Clip size.' Tier2B - '[PH]Recoil.' Tier2C - '[PH]Reload while holstered.' Tier3A - '[PH]High Crit Chance.' Tier3B - '[PH]Balanced Crit and Status Chance.' Tier3C - '[PH]On Headshot: ammo efficiency for X secs.'

mohohohohohoho

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Btw, here's the Cosmi.

G0123-Cosmi_Spread_Composite-7937_Layere

It's break-action and it keeps the magazine in the stock

Only 7500 of these weapons have been made since 1930 or so.

Not sure. I'm certainly interested in seeing how they change the behavior of all these weapons... especially the Vasto, Strun, Kulstar, Soma, and Latron. Love those five. (Yes, even the Latron, I have a goddamned ridiculous Latron riven). I really find myself wondering... iiiiiiin addition to hoping I'm not locked to the non-prime versions.  And wondering how my goddamned ridiculous rivens for all of 'em interact with these.

Hmmm. The Boltor's incarnon mode will be interesting, especially because I have an insane crit mod on the boltor...

oh my goodness lol

I suppose I could add more status, but like... come on lol. THE CRIT.

mohohohohohoho

I am really interested to see what the they do with the incarnon weapons. Also I'm pretty sure that they said that all versions of a weapon will be able to have an incarnon adapter put on it. 

• Like 1

Currently working on trying to draw more Tenno shotguns for some reason (they felt neglected). They'll be in the next art dump, and yes, apparently I still do those. Whaaaaaa-

Anyway, I'm really struggling with what one of them does. And while I was trying to puzzle that out in the shower, I decided to make some changes to the Oribi:

1.  Knockback is gone - multishot in this game is nuts, and I'm really not sure what I was going for with that.
  2. Amount of plellets that ricochet are no longer capped. Also, to save my sanity, every pellet that lands on the head will bounce towards the same enemy. It's not an explosive weapon.
  3. Each pellet (well, flechette) is a tracer so it's easier to see which way they're going.
On 8/1/2020 at 5:58 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Oribi' Hunting Shotgun

tenno__oribi__inertial_shotgun_by_haruax

“This semiauto shotgun can best be described as a hybrid of hunting rifle and hunting shotgun. The longer you aim it, the more the Smart Choke tightens the pellet spread. Tenno often nicknamed it ‘the slugger,’ or ‘skullmasher,’ rather crude nicknames that were despised by Orokin officials. Upon headshots, the flechettes ricochet towards other enemies.”

Special Traits:
Smart Choke - Zooming in increases accuracy and decreases spread. Tap altfire to scope it in - and get a better handle on how tight the pellet spread is.
Headhunter - landing headshots will ricochet (non-hitscan) projectiles towards nearby enemies. 

LORE
Originally designed by Haruka Lorne in the network of Zhùjūn Tenno Dojo-Fortresses along the fringe of the Orokin Empire, the Oribi started its life as a competition shotgun, meant for Tenno to test their reflexes, patience, and aim. It’s just as much at home hunting, shooting competitively, or in combat, or whatever kind of bizarre combination of the three in which the Tenno partake.

The longer it was tested in competitions, the more changes were made - the unique (if expensive) smart duckbill choke made of bio-metal, and the speedloader mechanism fed directly through the loading gate. This grants it a quicker reload than almost any Tenno shotgun, turning its admittedly average base damage into something truly special at longer ranges.

Due to its unique smart duckbill choke, its spread is always relatively horizontal in a diamond shape, allowing it to take on groups of enemies. The longer it’s aimed, the tighter and more uniform the spread becomes. Of note is that, while interacting with multishot, the extra pellets spread in a small radius of the original pellet - but always within that horizontal diamond shape.

While it has more range than any other shotguns, their main advantages are their spontaneity. The Oribi requires slightly longer to work at the ranges a Corinth, Tenebrae, or Neophytou thrive at, but it far outclasses them at range.

To reward better shooting, the Mad Dax Ori and Tenno gunsmith Haruka Lorne devised a way for projectiles to ricochet towards nearby enemies on headshot (or weakpoint) shots. These do reduced damage, however,
You can see how the speedloader works here:

STATS
Trigger: Semiauto
Fire Rate: 8
Magazine Size: 6
Reload Time: 2.0s (technically shell-by-shell, 0.3 per shell from speedloader)
Damage: 546  (42per pellet)
273 Slash
192 Puncture
91 Impact
Pellets: 13
Crit Chance: 24%
Critical Multiplier: 2.8x
Status Chance: 7%
Falloff:
Max Damage to 25m
Full Damage to 55m
60% Max Reduction

Artist Notes

It’s the Peacekeeper from Apex, combined with a Jakobs shotgun for sheer crunch - and using the Latron and a real-life Sjogren Shotgun for aesthetics. Yes, the bolt recoils back like one.

Also, the Tiberon.

The idea behind this was to create the longest-ranged shotgun I’ve yet made, (and considering the Neophytou and Tenebrae have longer range than the Corinth, that’s saying a lot) combining two of my favorite shotguns from videogames - the Peacemaker and Jakobs shotties. I love Jakobs.

And of course, including the Sjogren shotgun. I love the Sjogren - compared to what you think of when you think “Semiauto shotgun” it’s just so bizarre.

• Like 2

art dump 14: AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS IT'S FREE, TIME TO F**K UP EARTH, LET'S GO, JOSE CONSECO

Apparently, I still do art dumps! whaaaa-

Anyway, here's some of the next Tenno weapons I'm planning on doing. The sniper rifle (still haven't figured out what it does yet, I'm kinda beat) is still next, but here's some of the next Tenno weapons I plan on doing.

dfr3iui-d54a5736-6974-4043-9424-00a8c1b7

Decided to fill up a page with some Tenno gun ideas. Most of these don’t have names, and wha names you see are placeholders. If there’s one of these that you’d like me to color next, let me know!

In order; here’s the basic ideas behind them:

1. “Javelina” - as inspired by the Javelin Gun from Deadspace. Altfire shoots out a beam that electrocutes anything in a small radius of the last shot fired.

2. Untitled Shotgun - inspired by the Cosmi Shotgun. I think it might have some kind of AoE altfire? The break open huge barrel might give grenade launcher vibes.

3. ‘Ordo’ burst pistol: I dunno. It’s five-round burst.

4. “The Gambler” - shotgun partly inspired by the Lawgiver from Judge Dredd. I had a general idea of this having an element of randomness to it - randomly firing two rounds, random status effects after kills, or something like that.

5. “Percival” - holds explosive micromissile sand has an auto targeting burst mode.

6. “Somasti” SMG - I don’t really see the need for making the Haoma Prime, so I made this SMG. Mostly I just wanted to use a particularly silly handguard I found.

7. Untitled machine pistol: fairly stereotypical “bullethose”’… except it adds rounds into the mag on kills.

8. Untitled Wire Rifle: as inspired by the AGB Chopper from SLA industries

• Like 2

Updort: I have not decided to unilaterally do the cosmi shotgun next. This is partly because I don't know what it'll do yet (I feel as if I've used all the good precision shotgun gimmicks already...) but I felt like the weirdly-shaped barrel was the most important thing to do. So I took a stab at it before I forget.

Screenshot_140.png?width=968&height=544

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

In the place of precision, why not go for good old buckshot? 

It'll still (probably) fire buckshot and... some kind of explosive slug ammo, because the break-open nature of it seems like it might make people think "Grenades!"

maxresdefault.jpg

(the magazine is a tube in the stock lol)

I just want it to have some kind of gimmick that rewards consistently hitting enemies, in addition to (maybe?) having good timing.

• Like 2

Have created this bone-themed revolver on my day off. Not sure what it does yet. it might:

1. Have some kind of status-related combo mechanic

2. Shoot a beam to the location of the last enemy hit

3. Explode bones on kills or something

4. Do something involving guaranteed toxic procs on headshots? 

5. Something with heat damage?

the_calavera_by_fluffywolf36_dfrfhvc-pre

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 1:27 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Have created this bone-themed revolver on my day off. Not sure what it does yet. it might:

1. Have some kind of status-related combo mechanic

2. Shoot a beam to the location of the last enemy hit

3. Explode bones on kills or something

4. Do something involving guaranteed toxic procs on headshots? 

5. Something with heat damage?

the_calavera_by_fluffywolf36_dfrfhvc-pre

The Bone explosion seems to be the coolest one. The Bone Cracker Revolver.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trombocyc said:

The Bone explosion seems to be the coolest one. The Bone Cracker Revolver.

It was inspired by Bone Shrapnel from Outriders! Fun times with that lol. Fuuuuuun times. Evidently, I didn't like it that much cause I started falling off of it really hard, and the story just makes me feel depressed in hindsight. Especially killing August. She was a lot of fun but nope, she died.

Wack.

Still though, I respect the weapon artists for going so ham on this game.

Spoiler

outriders_legendary_with_two_tier3.jpg

7v194agp1hu61.jpg

Also, it's inspired by JOHNSON (pfffffft) from Shadows of the Damned.

shadows-of-the-damned-keyart-min.jpg.ada

(sidenote, you would not believe how hard it was to find an image of Johnson. I'm normally great at finding weapon models, but damn)

• Like 1