Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

14 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, thats fair. It just feels. . .I dunno. . .it feels like it plays TO closely to the current example's set example.

Fair enough. I do understand it, though - and I'll be working with a non-silenced SMG soon enough. And a silenced one. There is a reason for that.

14 hours ago, Unus said:

First one seems reasonable, heat transfer and all that, but. . that second one. . . does it relate to bone in some way? 

Think of it like a Latron or an Obrez pistol put into a rifle stock made of Sentient Bone. 😛 There is no reason for that to give it punch through, it's just that rather like the Bruin, I'm just working to make it feel like a passable semiauto battle rifle by making it feel like a mini-sniper rifle. Punch-through is part of that, you see. I've got more features to add.

14 hours ago, Unus said:

Reasonable to consider when it comes to designing any of these ol bits and killing implements, as always, if you need help shaving that weapon's square peg down into a more pleasing circular one, just let me know!

I will! Thanks so much, Unus, that offer means a lot.

In fact, in the next post, I probably should have.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

Corpus 'Klystron' Microwave Beam Gun

corpus__klystron__microwave_gun_by_harua

"The Ganymede-based Vos Armaments Lab made this high-frequency microwave beam cannon with flexibility in mind - scouring Infested spores on a molecular level, and cooking Grineer alive in their armor."

Primary Fire - Superheating Beam.
    (Shoots out a short-ranged, flamethrower-like burst of radiation that superheats enemies and causes them to explode.)

Physical Damage - 28
       17 Heat
       11 Radiation
    crit chance - 25% 
    crit multiplier - 2.3x
    status chance - 24%
    Magazine - 180
    Fire Rate - 540 RPM (9 rounds per sec)
    trigger - auto
    Noise level - Alarming
    Max Beam Thickness - 2.2 meters
    Range Limit - 25m

special traits
    Infinite Enemy Punch-Through
    Inherent Combustion Beam 
    NOTE: there is absolutely NONE of the Nukor's crit madness. There's no need for that. I've made some broken guns, but... no. Just no. Not here. I'm not a monster.

Secondary Fire - Radiation Grenade
     (Fires a radioactive incendiary grenade from an underbarrel module. This spreads out several projectiles that do not home.)
     Physical Damage - 280
       165 Heat
       100 Radiation
       15 Impact
    crit chance - 28% 
    crit multiplier - 2.5x
    status chance - 28%
    Ammo Consumption - 10 per shot
    Charge Time - 0.6s
    trigger - Charge
    Noise level - Alarming
    Blast Radius - 3.0m

special traits
    Inherent Combustion Beam. Yes, you can trigger multiple explosions with the grenade function.
    Auto-charge trigger - works much like the Tenora's charge shot function.

LORE

"This is KAK! I've gotta deal with Grineer, Betrayers, Infestation, Black Seed, Red Veil, Perrins, even Sentients that one time, and you say  give my Crewmen weapons that barely scratch any of this?! No, no, no, and most importantly, hell no. Take that Dera, turn it sideways, and shove it up your gat! If I'm arming my employees, I'm doing it my way!"
Yesha Vos, owner of Vos Armaments Lab.

Formerly one of countless arms factories churning out standard Corpus weaponry such as Deras and Flux Rifles, Vos Armaments made a dramatic change in the wake of Yesha Vos' very polite rebuke of a higher-ranking Corpus official. Fed up with feeling underpowered and ignored in the face of constant attacks, the lab set its sights (literally) on a new class of Corpus weaponry. Their goals were to break Corpus complacency, create unique combat solutions in a solar system of increasing uncertainty, and be able to stand on equal footing with titans such as Luxor Forge and other up-and-coming labs like Arca.

The Klystron was one such product. Using parts from a Detron and Supra, the Klystron was built from the ground up for effectiveness against both Grineer and Infested. Early tests of the Klystron for cleaning out Infestation have proven uniformly positive, with over 90% of ships and colonies finding no sign of infestation after its usage. Combat testing against Grineer has shown it to be a surprising success, with various Crewmen and Techs referring to Grineer having been "cooked alive" or "charbroiled" inside their armor.

Against Tenno, it has been... considerably less successful... but it still did better than Vos Armaments could have hoped, slowing Tenno down long enough to activate data destruction. 

Unfortunately, its usage has been limited due to an ongoing trade war with Anyo Corp due to Nef's desire to purchase the fledgling company and fold it into his empire, and Yesha Vos' disdain for Corpus politics. However, they're kept afloat through three main revenue sources: 

1. Heavy investments from Frohd Bek: Bek is making an effort to fold it into the arsenal of his crewmen and security. He is intrigued by the freedom that Vos cultivates in their corporate atmosphere, and wants to see what they make next.
2. Colony sales: While they balked at its high price, the Mycona have proven receptive to it.
3. Semilegal sales: Vos Armaments has engaged in totally legal sales to shell corporations and other private entities that are definitely not fronts for Darvo, the Perrin Sequence, Solaris United, or the Lotus' spies. These semilegal sales definitely had nothing to do with Solaris United torching an Anyo Corp proxy facility specializing in Bursa manufacture, or the famous Mariner Strike on Venus in which a Corpus overseer was beaten to death with his own pelvis. And they have totally not subcontracted to or contracted with Alad V's operation creating weapons such as the Avestrucera for the Mycona. And it is totally just a coincidence that Tenno Alliance Relay personnel have been allegedly seen with these in lieu of Boar shotguns, because Corpus officials are not allowed on the relays, and neither are any personnel of Vos Armaments. All evidence is circumstantial. You can't prove anything. Besides, did you see a serial number on them? No, you didn't! You can't prove you saw them at the relay, and neither can you prove you were in a Relay. Now get out of my office. You don't have a legal leg to stand on.

Artist Notes:

If you're wondering, the mag is that box thing behind the Detron barrel.

Honestly, I just stopped cause I got tired of coloring. I was trying a lot of new things here - trying to make some glowing radiator things, work with textures, try and make it look metallic. I like some of it, but in a lot of cases - like with the metal used on the stock - I'm not 100% sure it worked.

Still. I'm very happy with this! The main inspirations, if you're wondering, are the Supra, (What? Color scheme had to come from somewhere) the microwave beam gun from District 9, the Pulse Rifle from Half Life, (what a surprise) the Detron, (as usual) and the Amprex.

This whole thing, funnily enough, came from an offhand reference in Sigor Savah's audio logs during the Ghoul Purge event, in which he mentions a "Corpus flamer team." The exact quote is below:

"I left to join with a flamer team already deployed to a nearby hive."

So that got me wondering: What would a Corpus flamethrower be like? I couldn't see them using the Grineer Ignis, and I wanted to go for something more technological and sophisticated. I'd been looking up the X43 MIKE microwave weapon from Crysis, it was referred to as a “Flamethrower 2.0” on the wiki, so I worked from there. Despite that, there's actually very little influence from the MIKE in here. It's mostly just the Pulse Rifle, District 9, and Corpus weapons.

The grenade launcher function is just because I remembered the grenade launching function on the flamethrower from Deadspace, and that was super dope. 

Apologies, though, if the stats are too broken. I tried. I really tried.

Also fun fact: It actually DOES say Vos Armaments in Corpus on the metal plate just in front of the trigger!

• Like 1

ART PREVIEW - UNTITLED GRINEER SAWED OFF EMP SHOTTY. WOW THAT IS A MOUTHFUL

Aaaaaand... One final updort for the day. Sketched out a quick idea for my Grineer EMP sawed off shotgun pistol. Unsure if I'll make a full-length version. So, what do you think of this silhouette? What would you change? What color should it be? Is the mag design interesting?

Let me know when you can. For now, I gotta head off. I haven't showered in awhile and I'm in a biiiit of a time crunch.

filename_by_haruaxeman-dcona8h.jpg

(FUN FACT - I like to mime the reload animation to myself to see what I think of it. The mag is the little stick thing with the ring on the end, which is inserted above the pistol grip. The ring has no mechanical purpose, it just makes the mag easier to remove)

(FUN FACT ALSO - this thing below was the main inspiration. The little... nubbly... thing under the tube mag is a foregrip. The idea behind adding this was so Grineer could use it with two hands for extra stability. I'm not sure whether or not this has a folding stock too. Maybe. Maybe. Should I add the SPAS stock?)

On 2018-10-04 at 4:21 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Corpus 'Klystron' Microwave Beam Gun

corpus__klystron__microwave_gun_by_harua

"The Ganymede-based Vos Armaments Lab made this high-frequency microwave beam cannon with flexibility in mind - scouring Infested spores on a molecular level, and cooking Grineer alive in their armor."

Primary Fire - Superheating Beam.
    (Shoots out a short-ranged, flamethrower-like burst of radiation that superheats enemies and causes them to explode.)

Physical Damage - 28
       17 Heat
       11 Radiation
    crit chance - 24% 
    crit multiplier - 2.1x
    status chance - 23%
    Magazine - 180
    trigger - auto
    Noise level - Alarming
    Max Beam Thickness - 2.2 meters
    Range Limit - 25m

special traits
    Infinite Enemy Punch-Through
    Inherent Combustion Beam 
    NOTE: there is absolutely NONE of the Nukor's crit madness. There's no need for that. I've made some broken guns, but... no. Just no. Not here. I'm not a monster.

Secondary Fire - Radiation Grenade
     (Fires a radioactive incendiary grenade from an underbarrel module. This spreads out several projectiles that do not home.)
     Physical Damage - 280
       165 Heat
       100 Radiation
       15 Impact
    crit chance - 28% 
    crit multiplier - 2.5x
    status chance - 28%
    Ammo Consumption - 10 per shot
    trigger - Charge
    Noise level - Alarming
    Blast Radius - 3.0m

special traits
    Inherent Combustion Beam. Yes, you can trigger multiple explosions with the grenade function.
    Auto-charge trigger - works much like the Tenora's charge shot function.

LORE

"This is KAK! I've gotta deal with Betrayers, Infestation, Black Seed, Red Veil, Perrins, even Sentients that one time, and you say  give my Crewmen weapons that barely scratch any of this?! No, no, no, and most importantly, hell no. Take that Dera, turn it sideways, and shove it up your gat! If I'm arming my employees, I'm doing it my way!"
Yesha Vos, owner of Vos Armaments Lab.

Formerly one of countless arms factories churning out standard Corpus weaponry such as Deras and Flux Rifles, Vos Armaments made a dramatic change in the wake of Yesha Vos' very polite rebuke of a higher-ranking Corpus official. Fed up with feeling underpowered and ignored in the face of constant attacks, the lab set its sights (literally) on a new class of Corpus weaponry. Their goals were to break Corpus complacency, create unique combat solutions in a solar system of increasing uncertainty, and be able to stand on equal footing with titans such as Luxor Forge and other up-and-coming labs like Arca.

The Klystron was one such product. Using parts from a Detron and Supra, the Klystron was built from the ground up for effectiveness against both Grineer and Infested. Early tests of the Klystron for cleaning out Infestation have proven uniformly positive, with over 90% of ships and colonies finding no sign of infestation after its usage. Combat testing against Grineer has shown it to be a surprising success, with various Crewmen and Techs referring to Grineer having been "cooked alive" or "charbroiled" inside their armor.

Against Tenno, it has been... considerably less successful... but it still did better than Vos Armaments could have hoped, slowing Tenno down long enough to activate data destruction. 

Unfortunately, its usage has been limited due to an ongoing trade war with Anyo Corp due to Nef's desire to purchase the fledgling company and fold it into his empire, and Yesha Vos' disdain for Corpus politics. However, they're kept afloat through three main revenue sources: 

1. Heavy investments from Frohd Bek: Bek is making an effort to fold it into the arsenal of his crewmen and security. He is intrigued by the freedom that Vos cultivates in their corporate atmosphere, and wants to see what they make next.
2. Colony sales: While they balked at its high price, the Mycona have proven receptive to it.
3. Semilegal sales: Vos Armaments has engaged in totally legal sales to shell corporations and other private entities that are definitely not fronts for Darvo, the Perrin Sequence, Solaris United, or the Lotus' spies. These semilegal sales definitely had nothing to do with Solaris United torching an Anyo Corp proxy facility specializing in Bursa manufacture, or the famous Mariner Strike on Venus in which a Corpus overseer was beaten to death with his own pelvis. And they have totally not subcontracted to or contracted with Alad V's operation creating weapons such as the Avestrucera for the Mycona. And it is totally just a coincidence that Tenno Alliance Relay personnel have been allegedly seen with these in lieu of Boar shotguns, because Corpus officials are not allowed on the relays, and neither are any personnel of Vos Armaments. All evidence is circumstantial. You can't prove anything. Besides, did you see a serial number on them? No, you didn't! You can't prove you saw them at the relay, and neither can you prove you were in a Relay. Now get out of my office. You don't have a legal leg to stand on.

Artist Notes:

If you're wondering, the mag is that box thing behind the Detron barrel.

Honestly, I just stopped cause I got tired of coloring. I was trying a lot of new things here - trying to make some glowing radiator things, work with textures, try and make it look metallic. I like some of it, but in a lot of cases - like with the metal used on the stock - I'm not 100% sure it worked.

Still. I'm very happy with this! The main inspirations, if you're wondering, are the Supra, (What? Color scheme had to come from somewhere) the microwave beam gun from District 9, the Pulse Rifle from Half Life, (what a surprise) the Detron, (as usual) and the Amprex.

This whole thing, funnily enough, came from an offhand reference in Sigor Savah's audio logs during the Ghoul Purge event, in which he mentions a "Corpus flamer team." The exact quote is below:

"I left to join with a flamer team already deployed to a nearby hive."

So that got me wondering: What would a Corpus flamethrower be like? I couldn't see them using the Grineer Ignis, and I wanted to go for something more technological and sophisticated. I'd been looking up the X43 MIKE microwave weapon from Crysis, it was referred to as a “Flamethrower 2.0” on the wiki, so I worked from there. Despite that, there's actually very little influence from the MIKE in here. It's mostly just the Pulse Rifle, District 9, and Corpus weapons.

The grenade launcher function is just because I remembered the grenade launching function on the flamethrower from Deadspace, and that was super dope. 

Apologies, though, if the stats are too broken. I tried. I really tried.

Also fun fact: It actually DOES say Vos Armaments in Corpus on the metal plate just in front of the trigger!

AH, taking a trip into nuclear arms and armaments eh? Never a dull topic in my book!

Mmmmm mmm mmm, for once, I see nothing I need to adjust in the stastical department. The beast is clean and well-shaped as she is.

The combustion beam feels like a tad bit much, but, the charge blast seems reasonable mechanically speaking.

Hehe, your story reminds me of two of my own I made back in the day, one for the Munda and the other the Commuta, but still maintaining a uniqueness that seems almost Borderlandsian in flavor. I could almost picture a Marcus-style voice narrating it at parts.

In the aesthetics review section, based on what you've said.

Honestly? The improvements over your earlier paint-ins are. . . haunting. Are you sure you didn't hand it over to some artist to fill in for you, or did you just adapt to proffesional work THAT quickly?

Ah, Profit bless those who created Tenno-Typer.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Aaaaaand... One final updort for the day. Sketched out a quick idea for my Grineer EMP sawed off shotgun pistol. Unsure if I'll make a full-length version. So, what do you think of this silhouette? What would you change? What color should it be? Is the mag design interesting?

Let me know when you can. For now, I gotta head off. I haven't showered in awhile and I'm in a biiiit of a time crunch.

(FUN FACT - I like to mime the reload animation to myself to see what I think of it. The mag is the little stick thing with the ring on the end, which is inserted above the pistol grip. The ring has no mechanical purpose, it just makes the mag easier to remove)

(FUN FACT ALSO - this thing below was the main inspiration. The little... nubbly... thing under the tube mag is a foregrip. The idea behind adding this was so Grineer could use it with two hands for extra stability. I'm not sure whether or not this has a folding stock too. Maybe. Maybe. Should I add the SPAS stock?)

Hm. . . grinic energy weaponry eh. Is the E.M.P part of a purposeful effect, or, is it an accident that the Grins adopted as useful like they tend to do?

Colorwise? Hm. . . I'm not entirely sure. Do you have any inklings of what you'd like it to be?

Shapewise? Only one bit. The barrel portion seems a bit to perfect, a bit to clean. Might I suggest adding a bit more funk in it's shape? Maybe some nubbins for that "look at it and up-chuck" grinic flavor? Ell, perhaps even make it a bit . . . phallic, in the manner of many gringuns?

A familiar approach suh, I tend to take mine to a "mental movie theater" of sorts, where it ends up a part of a demonstration story relating to the basic description I make for each. Puts it through it's paces.

Hm. . . hm. . . I don't recall the Grins ever universally adopting stocks. They seem to like the compact approach to their mainstays, unless this is an experimental foray? Whatever honestly floats your boat suh.

Edited by Unus

For the colors, you could go with orange splashed on green, very characteristic of the Harkonar-made weapons and armor. While you haven't said this gun was made by them, they are credited in lore as creators of some of the more advanced weapons in the Grineer Empire, so, it colud make sense (as long as you haven't made a backstory yet, of course).

Stocks on energy weapons seem unneeded, but if you think it enhances the visual design, go for it. Also, the Grineer generally stray away from them, as they like to use heavy armor or augments to absorb the recoil instead (Didn't stop DE from relasing several Grineer-made weapons that feature full stock, but whatever).

Edited by HugintheCrow
added some tidbits about full stock design

3 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

YEEEEAAAHHHHH

So I'm guessing you liked it! 😛

3 hours ago, Unus said:

AH, taking a trip into nuclear arms and armaments eh? Never a dull topic in my book! (Snip)

Technically, it's not nuclear - it just uses microwaves, which were translated on the Nukor as radiation damage. I wanted to channel the "superheating" aspect of microwaves into actual damage, so... Extra heat damage! (Yes)

I'm glad you like the stats! Much like the Hyron, I looked at a Grineer weapon - in this case, the Ignis. The key was making it inferior in some areas (damage, spread, status) and superior in others (range, crit). 

It's possible the Combustion Beam is a bit much, but... I figured that since Combustion Beam or other similar mods rarely stack up in late game, I'm not going to add it on as a mod, so why not have it on the weapon by default?

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Hehe, your story reminds me of two of my own I made back in the day, one for the Munda and the other the Commuta, but still maintaining a uniqueness that seems almost Borderlandsian in flavor. I could almost picture a Marcus-style voice narrating it at parts.

It was inspired by both Peptuck's borderlands fic No Gods Only Guns... and this gem from the fanfic Renegade Reinterpretations. (Not by Peptuck)

The extranet's largest MMO, Galaxy of Fantasy, which claims influences from Turian Mythology, totally doesn't have in-game groups analogous to all the significant species. It was totally not inspired to start a new period of in-game plot development by having the in-game race that was totally not the Batarians instigate a threat to the entire in-game world that is totally not the Galaxy by summoning a terrible, all-destroying presence that is totally not Humanity from the nether-realm that then turned on them and nearly destroyed the world. Really. And the fact that over 95% of Human players sign up as that faction for their first character when it later became playable is just a coincidence as well.

I figured there was a lot of fun to be had combining that kind of suspiciously specific denial with corporate insanity of the sort that happens constantly in Borderlands. And that the Corpus (seriously, stock market death matches?!) were ripe for that kind of madness.

Also, I just read those concepts over - I like the lore behind them! It was a lot of fun. It's funny that we both wrote Corpus companies that deliberately try to do things differently, huh?

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Honestly? The improvements over your earlier paint-ins are. . . haunting. Are you sure you didn't hand it over to some artist to fill in for you, or did you just adapt to proffesional work THAT quickly?

Ah, Profit bless those who created Tenno-Typer.

8 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I like to try something new every time I use photoshop to color this stuff. In earlier drawings, I didn't screw around much with the settings when I was using gradients and textures. But this time, I screwed around with the size of the textures used (This is how the Detron barrel and other parts have the almost cloudy texture to the metal) and a bunch of other stuff. I added in some stroke, used the layers to paint textured lines over the pale green so I could make radiator structures...

All in all, I'm really happy with how that turned out.

Re: Tennotyper - YEAH YOU KNOW IT DAWG.

As for why I didn't quote everything, well... one, that'd be too much work, two, it'd make this post very hard to read. I believe that in some circles, that is referred to as spaghetti.

On to the... untitled sawed off:

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . grinic energy weaponry eh. Is the E.M.P part of a purposeful effect, or, is it an accident that the Grins adopted as useful like they tend to do?

Oh, it's intentional. The idea is that it's built as a cheap, compact shotgun pistol that Grineer can whip out if they're surrounded by Corpus proxies. The fact that it's okay against Tenno is an unforeseen bonus.

And thanks for the advice about the shape of the barrel - I was a bit worried I was in danger of this thing looking too much like it could be a kinetic weapon.

3 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Stocks on energy weapons seem unneeded, but if you think it enhances the visual design, go for it. Also, the Grineer generally stray away from them, as they like to use heavy armor or augments to absorb the recoil instead (Didn't stop DE from relasing several Grineer-made weapons that feature full stock, but whatever).

As for the stock, the thought occurs that it'd probably work better as a wire stock. Kinda like this. 

sa61-1.jpg

You and @Unus are both right about adding stocks though. Stocks are mostly just an afterthought added on to help them aim. Though I can't blame DE for doing that on the Sobek. wouldn't want to deal with a stockless sobek! That's madness.

In this case, it's mostly... just in case they need to use it for more precise aiming. Nobody will, of course, but I'd rather include the option on them.

3 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

For the colors, you could go with orange splashed on green, very characteristic of the Harkonar-made weapons and armor. While you haven't said this gun was made by them, they are credited in lore as creators of some of the more advanced weapons in the Grineer Empire, so, it colud make sense (as long as you haven't made a backstory yet, of course).

There is no backstory, only an intended use!

So that could work. Good call!

ART VOTE TIME

So, I've been working on the Osteon battle rifle! Lots of silhouettes happened... fun stuff.

Anyway. Originally I planned for it to reload like an M1 Garand, from a stripper clip. Yes, that's the right word. On both counts. But, I was thinking about how @Almighty_Jado pointed out how much more Tenno the Hyron looked than some other recent offerings, and I realized: Why not try and do that for the Osteon? So I'm going to try and do that by giving the Osteon a more unorthodox magazine.  So, here's your options:

Option 1: Entirely Break Action:

Well, not quite, but... you know how the Harpak breaks open and you place a box magazine in there, somehow? It'd be like that. Or, if you need a visual aid and/or don't use the Harpak, here.

As you can see from the silencer, the assault rifle's barrel also moves while the rifle breaks open.  

Option 2 - Semi-break-action

ade4234e47ea705e3f49a4172e532e64.jpg

I have  no clue how this would work in real life, but screw logical gun function! We're Warframe fandom! WE RELOAD GUNS BY TICKLING THEM!

As you can see there, the... ah... upper receiver? Moves upward, while the barrel is (from what I can tell?) static. There's a magazine shoved in near that circle, just above the pistol grip. 

BONUS CONTENT:

For those of you wondering, the Osteon will look like this. Well, the basic silhouette would look like this.

Steel7.jpg&key=be92be8219ab4f8549a8d639d

On 2018-10-07 at 7:51 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

ART VOTE TIME

So, I've been working on the Osteon battle rifle! Lots of silhouettes happened... fun stuff.

Anyway. Originally I planned for it to reload like an M1 Garand, from a stripper clip. Yes, that's the right word. On both counts. But, I was thinking about how @Almighty_Jado pointed out how much more Tenno the Hyron looked than some other recent offerings, and I realized: Why not try and do that for the Osteon? So I'm going to try and do that by giving the Osteon a more unorthodox magazine.  So, here's your options:

Option 1: Entirely Break Action:

Well, not quite, but... you know how the Harpak breaks open and you place a box magazine in there, somehow? It'd be like that. Or, if you need a visual aid and/or don't use the Harpak, here.

As you can see from the silencer, the assault rifle's barrel also moves while the rifle breaks open.  

Option 2 - Semi-break-action

ade4234e47ea705e3f49a4172e532e64.jpg

I have  no clue how this would work in real life, but screw logical gun function! We're Warframe fandom! WE RELOAD GUNS BY TICKLING THEM!

As you can see there, the... ah... upper receiver? Moves upward, while the barrel is (from what I can tell?) static. There's a magazine shoved in near that circle, just above the pistol grip. 

BONUS CONTENT:

For those of you wondering, the Osteon will look like this. Well, the basic silhouette would look like this.

Steel7.jpg&key=be92be8219ab4f8549a8d639d

Hm. . . I think in this case, break-action is more suitable if that's the option set your aiming for.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . I think in this case, break-action is more suitable if that's the option set your aiming for.

was admittedly getting a headache trying to figure out how, mechanically speaking, option 2 would work. Do I just... break it? In the middle of either the gas tube/operating rod, depending on how it operates? Have a gap between receiver and barrel, causing a severe lack in velocity and making the design more fragile than necessary? It just didn't make much sense the longer I thought it over.

EDIT: Granted, in a lot of ways it doesn't make sense to imitate the Harpak, but I can't just keep making reskinned versions of IRL guns.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

was admittedly getting a headache trying to figure out how, mechanically speaking, option 2 would work. Do I just... break it? In the middle of either the gas tube/operating rod, depending on how it operates? Have a gap between receiver and barrel, causing a severe lack in velocity and making the design more fragile than necessary? It just didn't make much sense the longer I thought it over.

EDIT: Granted, in a lot of ways it doesn't make sense to imitate the Harpak, but I can't just keep making reskinned versions of IRL guns.

In my experience with break-action weapons, I've tended towards the "butt-hinge" approach where the butt and the body are seperated by a latched hinge of sorts. Makes the reload a little longer, but, it works.

By realities' standards, some of my designs would be hefty bestereds, but, such is the price of variety on my end.

Remember this?

On 2018-07-18 at 7:21 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Enemy Concept: Assimilated Nullifier

"Oh, fok."
--Player Tenno

A deadly hybrid of Sentient and Corpus technology, the Assimilated Nullifier is created through the process of fusing Sentient Bone to a living organism, most often a Corpus Nullifier. The battery, enviro-suit, and vein merge with the ceramic composites of Sentient Bone, vein-analogues, wires, and machinery, till it becomes nigh-impossible to tell where any of it begins or ends. Arbiters of Hexis pathologists have attempted to discern this question, with little to no success.

Abilities:

Nullifier Bubble - standard nullifier bubble.
Null Beam - condenses the power of the Nullifier Bubble into a beam, while using its limbs as anchors. This renders it nigh-immobile. That said, it leaves itself open at this point in time because it can't use the bubble. While the beam is hitscan (obviously) it tracks side to side or up noticeably slower than a Tenno with bullet jump can move. You can absolutely outrun its tracking.
Laser Prism - Same as the Battalyst.
Flash Step  - can move <2 meters in any direction instantaneously. This has a cooldown.
NOTEI considered giving them the Conculyst's moveset, but one of these things with Whirlwind was just too horrible to imagine.
ALSO NOTE: I don't know what the basic weapon for this is. Some sort of plasma machinegun?

Vulnerability:

Near-immune to status, but vulnerable to radiation and magnetic damage.

Note: Apologies for the lack of a drawing to go with this, but I needed to get the idea off my chest... and raise attention to the thread. Fun fact. This concept took 5 minutes to make!
(Also, I didn't mean for it to say... that word, but Warframe does not censor it so eh
.)

Well...

DAMN SON! I mean, sure, I said that Sentients could 

assimilate human bodies

but I didn't think I'd be right!

Remember this?

Well...

DAMN SON! I mean, sure, I said that Sentients could 

Reveal hidden contents

assimilate human bodies

but I didn't think I'd be right!

Hehe, you didn't expect a theory to be completely true, I didn't expect one of my own designs to be birthed in another form.

I'd normally never suggest that, but, the name is a bit. . . on the nose, shall we say? Hehe.

Seems like it's "merely" proof you belong around here when you start making guesses that match the bosses' thought-wavelengths.

UNTITLED KNELL CARBINE ART TIME

So, today I'm doing something different. I'm not - I repeat, not - asking which is best. I'm asking which aspects of each you'd like me to keep. Do you like the barrel of one? The magazine concept? I'll piece together a gun from the parts you like!

...I'm still probably going to keep the rod on the underside of No.2, though. I like that one.

filename_by_haruaxeman-dcprkkt.jpg

No. 1

Short, rounded stock. Barrel extension on the end of the Knell... uh... barrel. The handguard is almost the length of the weapon, edging up to the trigger guard. Loads from a magazine sort of like this, below.

sksmagsbi.jpg

No. 2

Much longer stock. Loads in sort of an en-bloc configuration much like an M1 Garand... or a Mauser C96, come to think of it. Huh. Part of the scope slides forward to do this. Front handguard is much closer to the Mauser pistol carbine that inspired this. Has a spur under the barrel inspired by the Grinlok.

Barrel is also pretty much identical to Knell's. Just longer.

flatsidecarbine.jpg

No. 3

Stock with various holes in it, though this is mostly covered in the brown leathery material that makes up the Knell's pistol grip. You can plainly see metal around it, though. Has a much more curved front handguard than normal. Loads from an en-bloc clip into an internal magazine... which is actually inside the pistol grip! There's a reciprocating bolt, too.

No. 4

...I got bored.

Anyway, the final magazine is just... a block inserted onto the back of the gun much like the Quartakk's mag.

So: Which specific parts of each gun do you like? Reply to help me design this new carbine!

EDIT:
Stock 3 - 1 vote!

8 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

So, today I'm doing something different. I'm not - I repeat, not - asking which is best. I'm asking which aspects of each you'd like me to keep. Do you like the barrel of one? The magazine concept? I'll piece together a gun from the parts you like!

...I'm still probably going to keep the rod on the underside of No.2, though. I like that one.

Barrel of 1. (looks more interesting than the others, they are too plain in my opinion)

Stock Forend of 2.

Loading mechanics of 2. (I just like en-bloc-loaded guns, ok?)

Rest of the stock of 3. (again, the others are too plain, the holes give it something to look at)

10 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Barrel of 1. (looks more interesting than the others, they are too plain in my opinion)

Might be odd to get that working, but alright! That's fair. Plus it keeps it from looking like a stretchy Knell.

Stock Forend of 2.

That's good to know! I like that one. It's the closest to the real inspiration for this carbine, and I just... well, I just liked the shape. 

Loading mechanics of 2. (I just like en-bloc-loaded guns, ok?)

Good thing you're getting two SOON™! Plus, I figured it'd be a nice touch.

Rest of the stock of 3. (again, the others are too plain, the holes give it something to look at)

...From the moment I drew it I knew that'd be the most popular one. I was genuinely pretty worried about how seemingly boring the others were.

Thank you very much for your help!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

No. 1

Short, rounded stock. Barrel extension on the end of the Knell... uh... barrel. The handguard is almost the length of the weapon, edging up to the trigger guard. Loads from a magazine sort of like this, below.

sksmagsbi.jpg

No. 2

Much longer stock. Loads in sort of an en-bloc configuration much like an M1 Garand... or a Mauser C96, come to think of it. Huh. Part of the scope slides forward to do this. Front handguard is much closer to the Mauser pistol carbine that inspired this. Has a spur under the barrel inspired by the Grinlok.

Barrel is also pretty much identical to Knell's. Just longer.

flatsidecarbine.jpg

No. 3

Stock with various holes in it, though this is mostly covered in the brown leathery material that makes up the Knell's pistol grip. You can plainly see metal around it, though. Has a much more curved front handguard than normal. Loads from an en-bloc clip into an internal magazine... which is actually inside the pistol grip! There's a reciprocating bolt, too.

No. 4

...I got bored.

Anyway, the final magazine is just... a block inserted onto the back of the gun much like the Quartakk's mag.

So: Which specific parts of each gun do you like? Reply to help me design this new carbine!

EDIT:
Stock 3 - 1 vote!

(Dem it, getting side-tracked all sortsaways lately.)

Seeing as your going off an original design, I feel like the pieces that most fit with the original are the :

No. 2 Body.

Number 1. Buttastockoo

You've already decided on what the barrel will be.

The top grip works.

And magazine style? Hm. . . . how the feck is the original reloaded? I've never seen a missed-shot reload for the fella.

Thats my two cents suh!

On 2018-10-19 at 5:55 PM, Unus said:

Number 1. Buttastockoo

It does preserve the original... uh, Mauser-ness of this thing. Fair enough!

You've already decided on what the barrel will be.

...I did?

And magazine style? Hm. . . . how the feck is the original reloaded? I've never seen a missed-shot reload for the fella.

Oh balls. I DON'T KNOW

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

It does preserve the original... uh, Mauser-ness of this thing. Fair enough!

...I did?

Oh balls. I DON'T KNOW

I thought you said you knew you were going with the ""understick" barrel from the get-go.

I've been scavangeing much of the Internet, searching high and low for any sign of this thing in action, but all I've found are displays of it's infinamag in action, which, makes sense, but. . . urgh, bit frustratin.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

I thought you said you knew you were going with the ""understick" barrel from the get-go.

I meant that I was planning on keeping the stick under the barrel. There's nothing actually stopping me from having barrel 1 with the stick.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

I've been scavangeing much of the Internet, searching high and low for any sign of this thing in action, but all I've found are displays of it's infinamag in action, which, makes sense, but. . . urgh, bit frustratin.

The sad thing is, I know full well I could just USE THE THING, but 1) I have only one inventory space left where I could use it, 2) that's going to my Strun Wraith. Gonna Riven Build that thing.

• 2 weeks later...

New Mission Concept: Boarding Action

"Howzit, Tenno! Somehow, one of Nef's shell corporations managed to get some of our product into an Anyo Corp freighter. Now, I've negotiated with terrorists before - By some definitions, ain't I doing it now? - but I draw the line at dealing with Anyo Corp. What I need you to do is intercept my product before it gets planetside, and wreck their kak. There's a big payday in there if you complete some of my bonus objectives!"

--Yesha Vos, Corpus Boarding Action mission

"Tenno! You really have a tendency to kick over hornet's nests, don't you? It means lots of sales to my customers, though, so I can't complain. But stocks are running low! There's a freighter heading by, and I think there's some colonists who needs the supplies more than them..."

--Darvo, Grineer (and often Corpus) Boarding Action mission

Simply put: Break into a ship. Wreck their kak. Steal everything.

A Boarding Action mission is meant to combine many types of mission in Warframe, much like how Kuva Survival has elements of excavation and survival, or Plains missions can combine excavation, defense/interception, extermination, and rescue elements. In this case, Boarding Action combines randomized elements of defense, sabotage, exterminate, spy, and Archwing.

In a Boarding Action mission, the progression is simple enough.

1. Break into a Corpus or Grineer ship.

2. Kill your way to the cargo hold, which has a console you can use to release containers from the ship as it's still in flight. This triggers a defense segment, where you have to defend the console from incoming enemies.

3. Archwing segment - Defend the cargo containers from enemy forces trying to or destroy them, until you reach an extraction zone. This can be in either a Corpus, Infested, or Grineer-themed tileset, regardless of whether the ship was Grineer or Corpus.

Bonus: The mission control for this (Either Darvo or Yesha Vos) can assign a randomized bonus objective to the mission, such as breaking into a ship's onboard Data Vault, killing a certain number of enemies, or destroying a reactor.

NOTES: 

So this was totally filler - I have a bunch of things coming up soon.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

New Mission Concept: Boarding Action

"Howzit, Tenno! Somehow, one of Nef's shell corporations managed to get some of our product into an Anyo Corp freighter. Now, I've negotiated with terrorists before - By some definitions, ain't I doing it now? - but I draw the line at dealing with Anyo Corp. What I need you to do is intercept my product before it gets planetside, and wreck their kak. There's a big payday in there if you complete some of my bonus objectives!"

--Yesha Vos, Corpus Boarding Action mission

"Tenno! You really have a tendency to kick over hornet's nests, don't you? It means lots of sales to my customers, though, so I can't complain. But stocks are running low! There's a freighter heading by, and I think there's some colonists who needs the supplies more than them..."

--Darvo, Grineer (and often Corpus) Boarding Action mission

Simply put: Break into a ship. Wreck their kak. Steal everything.

A Boarding Action mission is meant to combine many types of mission in Warframe, much like how Kuva Survival has elements of excavation and survival, or Plains missions can combine excavation, defense/interception, extermination, and rescue elements. In this case, Boarding Action combines randomized elements of defense, sabotage, exterminate, spy, and Archwing.

In a Boarding Action mission, the progression is simple enough.

1. Break into a Corpus or Grineer ship.

2. Kill your way to the cargo hold, which has a console you can use to release containers from the ship as it's still in flight. This triggers a defense segment, where you have to defend the console from incoming enemies.

3. Archwing segment - Defend the cargo containers from enemy forces trying to or destroy them, until you reach an extraction zone. This can be in either a Corpus, Infested, or Grineer-themed tileset, regardless of whether the ship was Grineer or Corpus.

Bonus: The mission control for this (Either Darvo or Yesha Vos) can assign a randomized bonus objective to the mission, such as breaking into a ship's onboard Data Vault, killing a certain number of enemies, or destroying a reactor.

NOTES: 

So this was totally filler - I have a bunch of things coming up soon.

Even if it's filler, it still sounds better than Assault.