Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Tenno 'Ostium' Battle Rifle

tenno__ostium__battle_rifle_by_haruaxema

"Battle rifle that learns from previous hits. An enterprising Tenno built this weapon from a standard-issue semiautomatic, and Sentient Bone that she had taken as a war trophy."

Stats
(WARNING: Stats are not by any means final. These will in all likelihood be changed.)
Trigger: Semi-auto
Fire Rate: 6.5 rounds per sec
Crit Chance: 36%
Status Chance: 18%
Crit Multiplier: 3.2x
Zoom levels: Ironsights (+25% critical multiplier)
                    Scoped - 2.8x (+45% critical multiplier)
Magazine Size: 25+1
Reload Speed: 2.0s
Total Damage: 131
        slash: 72
        puncture: 41
        impact: 18
Punch-Through: 0.8m

Special Traits
Hunger:
Buffs critical chance additively by 6% and status chance after successive hits. This behaves more like the Arca Scisco's combo counter than a sniper rifle's.
Dual Zoom: Has both a scope and ironsight mode.
One In the Breach: When reloading with one round in the mag, the final round is not removed. Thus, a 25 round magazine becomes a 26-round magazine.

Midway through the Old War, Tenno grew used to exterminating Sentients, and fashioning weapons from the virtually alien materials and composites that the Sentients had created in Tau. 

The Ostium is but one example. It was created by melding a forgotten pattern of semiautomatic rifle to the bones of one of the Sentient Hunhow's Noctalyst-form fragments, in the days where they menaced a needleworld orbiting Uranus. It was then into a skeletal stock-like shape through use of a Fang Prime. The scope was fabricated from spare materials and a Sentient's eye.

For no discernible reason, the stock and scope nanomechanically melded with the rifle and its internals. They provide the rifle with a number of unique properties. These include, but are not limited to increased status and critical chance with each shot.

The Ostium reloads through a top-break en-bloc mechanism, as shown in the diagrams towards the bottom of the drawing. It is broken open like a shotgun, with the magazine loaded underneath the barrel. The magazine uses an early-model caseless round sensitive to prolonged exposure to virtually any atmospheric conditions, so this configuration was necessary to preserve their integrity. The Grineer would later reuse this reload mechanism when designing the 'Harpak' harpoon assault rifle.

The magazine makes a very loud pinging noise upon hitting floors, later dubbed 'Ostium Ping.'

Artist Notes

You know how in Destiny, there's a lot of weapon or armor lore that boils down to "A Guardian kitbashed this together out in the field?" This is a more Warframe take on that, inspired by the Sentient Hunhow's mention of Tenno "making weapons from the bones of" Sentients.

And also inspired by this weirdskeleton stock Mosin Nagant I saw once. I was going to include the rib from the pistol grip to the front handguard, but either it didn't work, it made it look too  much like the Tiberon, or both. There's also some inspiration from an M1 Garand in the general shape, but the break-open mechanism takes some cues from the break-open disassembly of the Lutadore rifle from Inversion.

And now, on to the mechanics. I'm experimenting with what makes a good semiauto rifle in Warframe at the moment. And right now, my decision was to make it essentially a small sniper rifle. So I spent some time trying to look at what makes sniper rifles work. I narrowed it down to critical bonuses for zooming in, a combo mechanic, zoom levels, and punch-through.

I do hope that 1), this works, and 2) it's not too broken.

Actually wait, nevermind that. I hope it's broken compared to Warframe's semiauto rifles anyway, because those are kind of underwhelming in relation to my various automatic rifles. Except the Quartakk. The Quartakk is, in my humble opinion, the best semiautomatic battle rifle in Warframe.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

6 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Ostium' Battle Rifle

tenno__ostium__battle_rifle_by_haruaxema

Stats
(WARNING: Stats are not by any means final. These will in all likelihood be changed.)
Trigger: Semi-auto
Fire Rate: 6.5 rounds per sec
Crit Chance: 33%
Status Chance: 19%
Crit Multiplier: 2.6x
Zoom levels: Ironsights (+10% crit multiplier)
                    Scoped - 2.0x (+25% crit multiplier)
Magazine Size: 25+1
Reload Speed: 2.0s
Total Damage: 88
        slash: 43
        puncture: 30
        impact: 15
Punch-Through: 0.8m

Special Traits
Hunger:
Buffs critical chance additively by 6% and status chance after successive hits. This behaves more like the Arca Scisco's combo counter than a sniper rifle's.
Dual Zoom: Has both a scope and ironsight mode.
One In the Breach: When reloading with one round in the mag, the final round is not removed. Thus, a 25 round magazine becomes a 26-round magazine.

Midway through the Old War, Tenno grew used to exterminating Sentients, and fashioning weapons from the virtually alien materials and composites that the Sentients had created in Tau. 

The Ostium is but one example. It was created by melding a forgotten pattern of semiautomatic rifle to the bones of one of the Sentient Hunhow's Noctalyst-form fragments, in the days where they menaced a needleworld orbiting Uranus. It was then into a skeletal stock-like shape through use of a Fang Prime. The scope was fabricated from spare materials and a Sentient's eye.

For no discernible reason, the stock and scope nanomechanically melded with the rifle and its internals. They provide the rifle with a number of unique properties. These include, but are not limited to increased status and critical chance with each shot.

The Ostium reloads through a top-break en-bloc mechanism, as shown in the diagrams towards the bottom of the drawing. It is broken open like a shotgun, with the magazine loaded underneath the barrel. The magazine uses an early-model caseless round sensitive to prolonged exposure to virtually any atmospheric conditions, so this configuration was necessary to preserve their integrity. The Grineer would later reuse this reload mechanism when designing the 'Harpak' harpoon assault rifle.

The magazine makes a very loud pinging noise upon hitting floors, later dubbed 'Ostium Ping.'

Artist Notes

You know how in Destiny, there's a lot of weapon or armor lore that boils down to "A Guardian kitbashed this together out in the field?" This is a more Warframe take on that, inspired by the Sentient Hunhow's mention of Tenno "making weapons from the bones of" Sentients.

And also inspired by this weirdskeleton stock Mosin Nagant I saw once. I was going to include the rib from the pistol grip to the front handguard, but either it didn't work, it made it look too  much like the Tiberon, or both. There's also some inspiration from an M1 Garand in the general shape, but the break-open mechanism takes some cues from the break-open disassembly of the Lutadore rifle from Inversion.

And now, on to the mechanics. I'm experimenting with what makes a good semiauto rifle in Warframe at the moment. And right now, my decision was to make it essentially a small sniper rifle. So I spent some time trying to look at what makes sniper rifles work. I narrowed it down to critical bonuses for zooming in, a combo mechanic, zoom levels, and punch-through.

I do hope that 1), this works, and 2) it's not too broken.

Actually wait, nevermind that. I hope it's broken compared to Warframe's semiauto rifles anyway, because those are kind of underwhelming in relation to my various automatic rifles. Except the Quartakk. The Quartakk is, in my humble opinion, the best semiautomatic battle rifle in Warframe.

Alright, slowed down on my Patrolman/Commissar concept to say, statistically:

That mag is a tad bit. . . overstuffed from what I see. Might wanna drop that into the 1_s to balance it out a bit.

Heh, that punchthrough. I'd almost say that that's your signature trademark when it comes to weaponry creation, for good and ill.

Characteristically:

The zoom-scope is reasonable, finally gets the poor old buzlok some company.

Eh, oh, uh, agh, uh, that "Hunger" bit. . . on the one hand, I understand it's meant to bridge the sniper-marks gap, but. .. . I dunno, maybe I just find it more fitting for a pure-bred sniper-rifle. Alternatively, it could be some sorta odd "done before" sensation nagging at me. Either way, strange  feeling of unease hitting me.

Aestheitcally:

I think you've pretty much polished off the Tenno aestheticsuh! From the flowing lines, the pseudo-organic framework, makes it look quite together there. Delecious.

Back to the Pit with me then!

8 hours ago, Unus said:

That mag is a tad bit. . . overstuffed from what I see. Might wanna drop that into the 1_s to balance it out a bit.

Possible, but... I want to stick with it. My original plans were to have it hold 20 rounds but then I was all like "why stop there?" If I nerf the mag size, though, I don't want to go below 20.

Besides, the "fire selector" weapons (Stradavar, Tiberon Prime, Argonak, Hind) have crazy high capacities for semiauto weapons. So I figured it made sense. Thaaaat, and I wanted it to feel competitive with the Quartakk, which is my favorite semiauto rifle in this whole game. The Quartakk is the gold standard by which I want to judge semiauto rifles.

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, that punchthrough. I'd almost say that that's your signature trademark when it comes to weaponry creation, for good and ill.

I suppose it is! Granted, there's times I've done it that didn't need it (The Depezador's altfire probably didn't need it, the original Hyron) but like I said, I was trying to work with the characteristics of a sniper rifle. There's a couple I have lined up that don't have punch-through, though. 

9 hours ago, Unus said:

The zoom-scope is reasonable, finally gets the poor old buzlok some company.

I'm glad you like it! I was interested in how the Veldt and (technically?) the Argonak have different zoom modes, so I wanted to see how I could make that mechanic better. I made sure to downplay the critical/zoom multiplier, though. It's still drawing from the Rifle Ammo pool, not the Sniper pool.

The thought occurs it's not much of a sniper scope, though. It's more... It's more like a reflex scope, or something. Went out of my way to give it lower zoom than a sniper rifle.

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Eh, oh, uh, agh, uh, that "Hunger" bit. . . on the one hand, I understand it's meant to bridge the sniper-marks gap, but. .. . I dunno, maybe I just find it more fitting for a pure-bred sniper-rifle. Alternatively, it could be some sorta odd "done before" sensation nagging at me. Either way, strange  feeling of unease hitting me.

Probably because this is the second time I've ripped off the Arca Scisco's combo mechanic - once with the Depezador, and once with the Estampida. 😛 I wanted to experiment with a different sort of combo mechanic, and I felt like it fit better on the Ostium than a traditional sniper combo mechanic. The Scisco lets you zoom out without losing all the stacks, so that just seemed more fitting for a weapon with both ironsights and a scope.

9 hours ago, Unus said:

I think you've pretty much polished off the Tenno aestheticsuh! From the flowing lines, the pseudo-organic framework, makes it look quite together there. Delecious.

What do you mean, pseudo-organic? 😛 It is made from Sentient Bone, after all!

(Fok. I just realized I forgot the introductory quote here for some reason)

"Battle rifle that learns from previous hits. An enterprising Tenno built this weapon from a standard-issue semiautomatic, and Sentient Bone that she had taken as a war trophy."

Then again it's not really easy to tell if Sentients are biological or mechanical...

Tenno 'Ostium' Battle Rifle Bonus Super Hour Content:

Concept Art

filename_by_haruaxeman-dcqugrm.jpg 

The Ostium is easily one of the hardest things I had to draw! Earlier I planned to make it load from a standard en-bloc clip like an M1 Garand (Yes, clip.) but after realizing thanks to @Almighty_Jado that a lot of my weaponry was feeling too normal (I'm not mad or anything, Jado! If anything, I relished the extra challenge) I decided to try something different. You can see here I went through several steps, trying to include a rib from the pistol grip to the handguard, as inspired by this:

Steel6.jpg

(This homemade Mosin Nagant stock was the main inspiration for the Ostium. Well, that and the M1 Garand.)

But, that wouldn't work with the two break-open mechanisms I was planning to use. One had only the receiver moving upwards while the rest of the gun lay flat, much like the Deus Ex: Human Revolution assault rifle. The other was closer to the assault rifle from Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. The rib worked with neither of them, so I nixed it. Plus, the rib didn't make the gun look sleek and/or "tenno" enough. There were plans for an Obrez variant of the original rifle, and a concept of the original rifle... the latter of which I will probably not do, as it has the silhouette of a far more boring Tiberon Prime.

I wouldn't rule out an Obrez pistol, though.

Also, earlier designs had the magazine slotted in above the pistol grip. You can see where it would appear, just near the big circle. But I just... I just didn't enjoy it. It didn't feel like what I wanted to do.

The scope was actually a late addition to the gun, despite scoping it being a major part of the concept here. How exactly that happened I do not know. I also planned for a red-dot like sight ring atop the scope, but that made the gun look too tall. So that was out. And that's how you get the lower-profile, more conventional ironsights in the final version.

48 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Now that's a good lookin' beast! I love how such a massive part of the weapon is actually involved with the break action.

Why thank you! I was skeptical at first, but then I was all like "ehhhhhhh, the Harpak does it" so I didn't see why not. Plus, I... Well, I didn't want to just make it an M1 Garand in a Warframe skin.

48 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

It gives it a really powerful feel, and also adds just the right amount of ridiculousness to be unique in its own way!

If it makes you think of, say, a hunter's Double Rifle, then I've done my job! Despite the fact that I never even considered that and just wanted to try something different.

And hey. Wouldn't be Warframe without some ridiculousness.

On 2017-09-12 at 7:03 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Swazdo-lah, surah! Welcome to my concept thread!

This thread will be my way to write about my various Warframe concepts - which'll usually be weaponry. Though I have a few other concepts I want to play around with! Also, from now on, there'll be no more than two concepts per post! Three if there's a syndicate weapon, prime weapon, and uh, not-prime weapon.

Full Table Of Contents

Reveal hidden contents

1. Art Dump 1 (THIS POST!)

2. "Proxima" revolver grenade launcher (Tenno)

3. Lupus LMG and Oliphaunt bolt-action rifle (Tenno)

4. ART DUMP 2 (Sadly, the boogaloo is not electric)

5. Depezador Revolvers (Tenno)

6. Meridian Autoshotgun (Tenno?)

7. Trejek pump-action shotgun (Grineer)

8. Tarja Lem, the Mycona Trader (Events Concept)

9. Joint Operations concept (Mission Concept)

10. Avakan hyperburst rifle (Tenno)

11. Vaykor Nukor Radiation Pistol (Steel Meridian)

12. Helica burst rifle (Tenno)

13. Balaenis Shotgun(s) (Tenno)

14. Garnlok Hyperburst Rifle (Grineer)

15. A Funny Picture Of A Samoyed (This isn't a concept, but it's too funny to me.)

16. EXECUTION Axe (Sentient/Stalker)

17. Tsurara Throwing Knives (Tenno/Frost)

18. GUEST HOUR SUPER CREATE: Mos Naganta by Almighty_Jado (Tenno)

19. Syndicate Augment ideas - 1

20. Sevoricor Beam Gun-spear and Odacor Beam Nikana (Cephalon)

21. Verdictus Revolver Shotgun sidearm (Tenno)

22. Tessera Pistol (Corpus)

23. Mutalist Boltor Assault Rifle (Infested)

24. ART DUMP 3 (various)\

25. Volikor Auto-Grenade Launcher (Grineer)

26. GUEST HOUR SUPER CREATE: Fuselok lineart by ModernMercenary (Grineer)

27. Poyang Pump-action Grenade Launcher (Tenno)
NOTE: This was formerly known as the Qinghai. It was changed to the Poyang because it was funny.

27.5 Poyang Syndicate Augment: Cold Truth

28. GUEST HOUR SUPER CREATE: Trokar by Unus (Grineer)

29. Syndicate Augment Ideas 2 Electric Boogaloo (Mostly pistols)

30. 'Decima' Assault Rifle/Sniper Rifle hybrid (Corpus)

31. 'Quillon' Bolt-action sniper rifle (Tenno/Khora) 

32. 'Bruin' Automatic Rifle (Tenno)

33. Art Dump 4: Son Of Art Dump 3

34. 'Terminus' Lever Action Shotgun (Tenno)

35. Art Dump 5: Grandson of Art Dump 3

36. Shotgun Concept Update: Illegitimate Son of Art Dump 5

37. ART DUMP 6: REVENGE OF THE RETURN OF THE DEATH OF THE BIRTH OF THE RISE OF THE BRIDE OF THE SON OF THE DAWN OF THE AGE OF THE RISE OF THE RESURRECTION OF THE BIRTH OF THE BOLWAR AND GRAAL and also an enemy design (Grineer) 

38. Alad V's 'Avestrucera' Bolas Shotgun (...Corpus?)

39. GUEST HOUR SUPER CREATE: Fuselok 2 Electric Boogaloo (Grineer) (Fanart by @Almighty_Jado! Thanks, dawg!)

40. GUEST HOUR SUPER CREATE: Thrombocyst (Infested) (Collab between me and @Almighty_Jado)

41. 'Quadrille' Shotgun (Tenno/Octavia)

42. 'Somesha' Autoshotgun (Tenno)

43. Assimilated Nullifier enemy design (Sentient)

44. 'Kelvin' Shotgun (Corpus)

45. Art Dump 6: Son And Also Father of Art Dump 7, Making Art Dump 6 Its Own Grandfather And Causing It To Lack The Delta Brainwave Pattern

46. 'Estampida' Hunting Revolver (Tenno)

47. 'Vaculyst' Implosive Rocket Launcher (Sentients)

48. HUOTS THIS?! A REDESIGN PROPOSAL?!

49. Mod Time 3 Rising: Revengeance

50. GUEST HOUR SUPER CREATE: Sancti Avakan by Almighty_Jado (New Loka/Tenno)

51. BONUS HOUR COLLAB CREATE: Vaculyst/Vorticibus enemy design with Almighty Jado (Sentient)

52. 'Dynamo' Burst/Semiauto Pistols (Tenno)

53. 'Harken' Support Sniper Rifle (Tenno)

54. 'Hyron' SMG (Tenno)

55. 'Klystron' Microwave Beam (Corpus)

56. ART PREVIEW - Untitled Grineer Sawed Off EMP Shotgun Pistol. Wow That Is a Mouthful!

57. Art Preview 2 Reloaded (PUNS)

58. "Boarding Action" Mission Concept

59. 'Ostium' Battle Rifle (Tenno)

59.5 Ostium Concept Art

Buuuut, if that's too large a list, it comes with other smaller subsections. Like so:

Warframes

Reveal hidden contents

SOON™

Primary

Note:  These are divided by ammo pool.

• Rifle
  • Shotgun
  • Sniper pool

Secondary

Melee
Alright, I admit it. There's not much here.

Reveal hidden contents

1. EXECUTION Axe (Sentient/Stalker)

2. Sevoricor Beam Gun-spear and Odacor Beam Nikana (Cephalon)

Enemy Designs

Other Concepts

Concepts that don't really fit into any other slot - Art Dumps, characters, mission types, mods...

Guest Hour Super Create

Work done by or with friends, fans, and others! Out of respect for the bonds we've formed, this part will not be spoilered out. Thanks, guys!

1. GUEST HOUR SUPER CREATE: Mos Naganta (Tenno) 
By @Almighty_Jado! Check out his deviantart here! But more importantly, check out his thread at The Legion of Tau, here! It's a very interesting thread, full of enemy designs, weapons, and probably absolutely the best Sentient designs I've seen here. I've even contributed a bit! 

2. GUEST HOUR SUPER CREATE: Fuselok lineart (Grineer)
Art of my battle rifle / Dust 514 Rail Rifle hybrid, drawn by Modernmercenary. Who, as far as I know, does not have an account on these forums. Do the next best thing and check out his deviantart here!

3. GUEST HOUR SUPER CREATE: Fuselok 2 Electric Boogaloo (Grineer) 
By @Almighty_Jado. I... was genuinely surprised to see another drawing of the Fuselok. Except this time he made it do double-duty as a flamethrower! Not quite what I had in mind, but that does sound pretty dope. But seriously though check out his thread.

4. GUEST HOUR SUPER CREATE: Trokar by Unus (Grineer)
Single-shot hand cannon designed by @Unus, drawn by me! Check out Unus' thread. It's...

Okay, I was going to try to describe it, but I can't. There's such a massive amount of creative concepts that it's beyond description. Just go see it for yourself!

5. GUEST HOUR SUPER CREATE: Thrombocyst (Infested) 
Shouts out again to @Almighty_Jado for this one! I made a drawing of it, and Jado later expanded on it.

8. BONUS HOUR COLLAB CREATE: Vaculyst/Vorticibus enemy design with Almighty Jado (Sentient)
Yet more shouts out to @Almighty_Jado - I made the Vaculyst design, and he made an enemy to go with it!

9. GUEST HOUR SUPER CREATE: Sancti Avakan by Almighty_Jado (New Loka/Tenno)
...How many shouts out to @Almighty_Jado am I gonna have to give? Probably a lot.

ART DUMP 1

tenno_guns__by_haruaxeman-daxf334.jpg

This is what I call an Art Dump - it's a quick look at my vision for new guns in Warframe. Everything here has originally been posted in the thread, but they'll be reposted later with their own individual posts.

But, if you're really curious as to what these do, you can just check them out on my deviantart. Until I make individual posts for all of them, anyway. Apologies for cutting out detailed stuff like the Trejek shotgun, Helica rifle, and Avakan - I just didn't want this to get too wall of texty. You'll see those SOON though.

NOTE: As inspired by @Unus, I decided to re-organize this art thread! A lot of earlier comments are from before I heavily edited this thread.

Heh, whoops, I was concerned at first due to my fear I'd neglected a response in my "Fortuna-Watch Post-Election" state of being. But, I get it now.

Edited by Unus

52 minutes ago, Unus said:

Heh, whoops, I was concerned at first due to my fear I'd neglected a response in my "Fortuna-Watch Post-Election" state of being. But, I get it now.

It was a lot of work! For awhile, I briefly considered trying to copy your formatting.

Then I found out I could just use the spoiler button to highlight everything instead of just coding it key by key. Which helped. The really weird thing is, I was expecting to be doing a lot more organization, like how on the wiki they now group weapon types by trigger type and stuff. But apparently, I don't have to!

That was honestly kind of a relief.

"Grineer low-velocity projectile SMG/sniper hybrid chambered for oversized, slow-moving rounds. Does double-duty as an SMG and sniper rifle."
grineer__volsk__silent_smg_sniper_hybrid
Shared
Magazine size: 36
Ammo Type: Projectile
Status Chance: 31%
Damage: 55
    Impact: 42
    Slash: 8.4
    Puncture: 4.6

Primary Fire: SMG
Trigger - Auto
Fire Rate: 12 rounds per second
Crit Chance: 14%
Critical Multiplier: 2.1x
Damage Reduction: Full damage up to 29.0 m
                            Min damage at 46.0 m
                            68% max reduction

Secondary Fire: Scoped Sniper
(NOTE: This acts more like a reflex scope, offering some peripheral vision. It's rather blurry outside the scope, though. This is as much for balance as your comfort)
(NOTE ALSO: It has higher projectile speed.)
Trigger
 - Burst 
Burst Count: 2
Crit Chance: 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.7x
Zoom: 1.8x (+18% Base crit chance while zoomed)

Lore

The Volsk silenced smg was designed by the Grineer Kletka Production Zone specifically for close quarters fighting and precision, in response to reports that the common Vulkar sniper rifle was simply unsuited to the close quarters of spaceships and some urban environments such as Corpus Gas Cities. It fires a slow-moving non-hitscan round analogous to the ancient 9x32mm round fired by the AS VAL and VSK SMG and sniper rifle.

It boasts damage rivaling the Tenno 'Boltor' rifle series, with the highest status and damage of any SMG currently produced in the Origin System. Unfortunately, this gives its automatic mode high falloff, with bullets veering off course and/or dropping (much like Astilla slugs) after a certain distance.

This is where the sniper mode comes in. It fires 2 rounds per shot in hyperburst, with no range limit, and none of the accuracy issue of SMG mode.  It acts much like the Quartakk, firing rounds at ludicrously high speed.

While it has less penetration, Grineer have praised its power, fire rate, and flexibility, with the Volsk becoming a common sight among Grineer of every type. It's particularly beloved by Grineer Space Marine Expeditionary Forces, Nightwatch, Tusk, and Kuva Guardians, who use it to deadly effect. Its high impact gives it massive utility against Corpus energy shields. What it lacks in armor-piercing and slash damage, it more than compensates with its high status chance. Various tribals and others in the system refer to the Volsk as 'The Silent Hammer,' owing to its high impact and near-complete silence save for the motion of its charging handle in both modes.

However, some of them can become Manics if you disrupt them while they're aiming in sniper mode.

If you're wondering, the scope is actually a video feed to a camera mounted above the barrel.

Artist Notes:
Confession time: I can't tell the difference between the AS VAL smg and the Russian VSK sniper. They're both silenced, they're both chambered for the same round, they're both short-ranged...

And something about the characteristics of both just seemed so very Grineer. Short-range sniper rifle? Scoped? Also an SMG? There was a lot to work with.

Silhouette-wise, though, this actually has more in common with the Kriss Vector than either of those. It had an interesting silhouette, I liked the recoil system and silhouette, and I was all like "Why not?"

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

On 2018-11-09 at 3:34 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

"Grineer low-velocity projectile SMG/sniper hybrid chambered for oversized, slow-moving rounds. Does double-duty as an SMG and sniper rifle."
Shared
Status Chance: 35%

Trigger - Auto
Crit Chance: 9%
                            Min damage at 46.0 m
                            68% max reduction
Accuracy Reduction: Full Accuracy up to 37m
                               Min accuracy at 48m
                            38% max reduction

(NOTE: This acts more like a reflex scope, offering some peripheral vision. It's rather blurry outside the scope, though. This is as much for balance as your comfort)
Trigger
 - Burst 
Crit Chance: 19%

Lore

The Volsk silenced smg was designed by the Grineer Kletka Production Zone specifically for close quarters fighting and precision, in response to reports that the common Vulkar sniper rifle was simply unsuited to the close quarters of spaceships and some urban environments such as Corpus Gas Cities. It fires a slow-moving non-hitscan round analogous to the ancient 9x32mm round fired by the AS VAL and VSK SMG and sniper rifle.

It boasts damage rivaling the Tenno 'Boltor' rifle series, with the highest status and damage of any SMG currently produced in the Origin System. Unfortunately, this gives its automatic mode high falloff, with bullets veering off course and/or dropping (much like Astilla slugs) after a certain distance.

This is where the sniper mode comes in. It fires 2 rounds per shot in hyperburst, with no range limit, and none of the accuracy issue of SMG mode.  It acts much like the Quartakk, firing rounds at ludicrously high speed.

While it has less penetration, Grineer have praised its power, fire rate, and flexibility, with the Volsk becoming a common sight among Grineer of every type. It's particularly beloved by Grineer Space Marine Expeditionary Forces, Nightwatch, Tusk, and Kuva Guardians, who use it to deadly effect. Its high impact gives it massive utility against Corpus energy shields. What it lacks in armor-piercing and slash damage, it more than compensates with its high status chance. Various tribals and others in the system refer to the Volsk as 'The Silent Hammer,' owing to its high impact and near-complete silence save for the motion of its charging handle in both modes.

However, some of them can become Manics if you disrupt them while they're aiming in sniper mode.

If you're wondering, the scope is actually a video feed to a camera mounted above the barrel.

Artist Notes:
Confession time: I can't tell the difference between the AS VAL smg and the Russian VSK sniper. They're both silenced, they're both chambered for the same round, they're both short-ranged...

And something about the characteristics of both just seemed so very Grineer. Short-range sniper rifle? Scoped? Also an SMG? There was a lot to work with.

Silhouette-wise, though, this actually has more in common with the Kriss Vector than either of those. It had an interesting silhouette, I liked the recoil system and silhouette, and I was all like "Why not?"

Thought poking time for me!

Statistical Analysis:
1. The magazine size seems quite fine from the data i'm reading, especially in ratio to it's damage output.
2. Status Chance exceeds any previous auto weapons or snipers alike by a singular digit, which, dependent on how you see it, means this one could either be a trend setter or require some tweaking in that regard. The perfect "balance" would be found in 25%, wher e both snipers and autos of high quality alike converge.
3. Is it more a marksmen then a sniper rifle? The damage seems to suggest a "Buzloked Burston" style to it.
4. Fire rate is a little higher then expected in proportion to it's damage count, perhaps quite a bit more then the norm.
5. Critical Chance in the sub-machine mode is very very double plus ultra okay, no changes needed.
6. Critical Damage is quite fine in the sub-machine mode.
7. The burst's Critical Chance sits on a happy medium parameters-wise, matching the Quartakk rifle.
8. The burst's Critical Damage is high, but, it is by no means change worthy, as it fills in an empty slot between the Grinlok and the Latron Wraith.

Aesthetic Analysis:

WELL DONE on the texturing for this sucker! Its got this nasty grody ceramic look to it that looks like its been aged in the elements for a few months. You've very much captured the grinic aesthetic in the design and general bulbous style. It looks like it would fit into a "Karack family lineage".

Another day, another peer-review for yooooo.

9 minutes ago, Unus said:

Thought poking time for me!

Statistical Analysis:
1. The magazine size seems quite fine from the data i'm reading, especially in ratio to it's damage output.
2. Status Chance exceeds any previous auto weapons or snipers alike by a singular digit, which, dependent on how you see it, means this one could either be a trend setter or require some tweaking in that regard. The perfect "balance" would be found in 25%, wher e both snipers and autos of high quality alike converge.
3. Is it more a marksmen then a sniper rifle? The damage seems to suggest a "Buzloked Burston" style to it.
4. Fire rate is a little higher then expected in proportion to it's damage count, perhaps quite a bit more then the norm.
5. Critical Chance in the sub-machine mode is very very double plus ultra okay, no changes needed.
7. The burst's Critical Chance sits on a happy medium parameters-wise, matching the Quartakk rifle.
8. The burst's Critical Damage is high, but, it is by no means change worthy, as it fills in an empty slot between the Grinlok and the Latron Wraith.

On 2018-11-09 at 9:34 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Shared
Status Chance: 35%

Trigger - Auto
Crit Chance: 9%
                            Min damage at 46.0 m
                            68% max reduction
Accuracy Reduction: Full Accuracy up to 37m
                               Min accuracy at 48m
                            38% max reduction

Trigger
 - Burst 
Crit Chance: 19%

Lore

Artist Notes:

I have to agree with 2. here, 35% seems pretty high to me. I'd possibly drop it to 30%, making it still possible to go for 100% status builds with all 4 60/60s, or if you want it to be the HIGH STATUS gun, make it 36% instead (the minimum for 3 60/60s to give you 100% status), but then drop the Crit multi (and maybe some base dmg) to balance it out.

Also, what is the fire rate on the sniper mode? You didn't mention it.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Does it?! Oh, phew. That is a relief. I actually spent a lot of time trying to decide on how large the mag would be. Didn't want it to be 30 cause that's super low by Warframe standards, had to be divisible by a certain number, didn't want it to be 40 cause then it'd have the same mag size as the Baza, didn't want to push things as far as I did with the Hyron...

1 hour ago, Unus said:

I was hoping for something that's to status what the Baza is to crit. High status, but low range. I suppose that's a good plan too, though...

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Sure, why not? That makes sense. Sniper mode gives it 18 trigger pulls, it feeds from the rifle ammo pool, it's got less zoom than the average sniper rifle or even the Ostium from my last post, it's non-hitscan, and it'd just be silly for me to make yet another "Lol omg Tigris Prime Best Sniper" thing. I'd actually compare the damage numbers more to the Quartakk. Funny enough, I was going to add on punch-through, to complete the Quartakk reference, but then I was all "eh, it's a low-velocity round, does that necessarily make sense?"

1 hour ago, Unus said:

You... do raise a good point. Remember how, with the Hyron, I only made it silenced because SMGs are such unfamiliar territory? That's what the high fire rate is for. All I had in mind involved lowering it from the Baza. I suppose it can be nerfed a bit. This thing does - despite the short range and inaccuracy - have some damage numbers rivaling if not beating the Boltor Prime.

Speaking of silencing, the next SMG won't be silenced. Cause it's time to move on. Though there is an augment involved that I totally did not just make up involving silencing it...

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Ah, that's good. That's very good. I had to ask myself: What's the absolute lowest I can make crit chance without it being divisible by 5 (we have enough of that) absolutely worthless, and not enough you feel like you should build for it in SMG mode? That was the best answer I had. That, and I figured 12% would make it too close to Boltor Prime.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

...That said, I didn't want the crit damage to also feel useless in SMG mode. So I'm glad that helps! I like it when crit damage on status weapons (like my SOBEK!) feels like an unexpected, random present. I didn't build for it, I didn't expect it, but I'm glad it appeared all the same.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

do love Quartakk. That was the main thing that inspired this mode, actually! Buuuut, I didn't want to go too far with this one, so I was too scared to even make it a 3-round burst. Also, this is not the last scoped Quartakk-like weapon I have planned. So, y'know. Look out for that.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

...is it now?! Huh. I did not expect that. Well, that's neat.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

WELL DONE on the texturing for this sucker! Its got this nasty grody ceramic look to it that looks like its been aged in the elements for a few months. You've very much captured the grinic aesthetic in the design and general bulbous style. It looks like it would fit into a "Karack family lineage".

Thank you so much! This is... well, I'd say it's the most challenging texture work I've ever done, but it's actually about equal with the Ostium. Comparing the texture work on both would be sort of... apples to oranges. Y'know?

Wasn't quite expecting it to be likened to ceramic - I was honestly kind of expecting rusty metal. See, I used two textures for the main metallic body of this. I forget what the first one was, but there's a bone texture I had that sort of browned towards the edges. That made the thing look rusty, so I was all like "this wasn't what I expected, but it looks dope, so I'mma roll with this!"

And thanks! It's very easy for me to fall into stuff that looks more contemporary.  Funny you should mention the Karak, though - if the Karak is a SPACE KALASHNIKOV, the Volsk is a SPACE VSS.

1200px-Vss_vintorez_01.jpeg

Except silhouette-wise, it takes a lot of inspiration from the Kriss Vector. I actually spent a lot of time trying to make it look like a VSS, but it just wasn't hitting. It was looking too normal. Eventually, I thought about having a Vector in Warframe, and eventually the Grineer seemed like the most logical choices here.

DSC_00757.jpg

I actually had to heavily edit the original drawing to make the stock look smaller and spindlier. Big, meaty stocks - folding or not - are just not the Grineer way.

54 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

I have to agree with 2. here, 35% seems pretty high to me. I'd possibly drop it to 30%, making it still possible to go for 100% status builds with all 4 60/60s, or if you want it to be the HIGH STATUS gun, make it 36% instead (the minimum for 3 60/60s to give you 100% status), but then drop the Crit multi (and maybe some base dmg) to balance it out.

...Good point. I think I will do that, because I don't  think I like the idea of dropping crit or base damage on this one.

As for the sniper rate, well... it's kind of embarrassing, but I wasn't sure how to write it out.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Does it?! Oh, phew. That is a relief. I actually spent a lot of time trying to decide on how large the mag would be. Didn't want it to be 30 cause that's super low by Warframe standards, had to be divisible by a certain number, didn't want it to be 40 cause then it'd have the same mag size as the Baza, didn't want to push things as far as I did with the Hyron...

I was hoping for something that's to status what the Baza is to crit. High status, but low range. I suppose that's a good plan too, though...

Sure, why not? That makes sense. Sniper mode gives it 18 trigger pulls, it feeds from the rifle ammo pool, it's got less zoom than the average sniper rifle or even the Ostium from my last post, it's non-hitscan, and it'd just be silly for me to make yet another "Lol omg Tigris Prime Best Sniper" thing. I'd actually compare the damage numbers more to the Quartakk. Funny enough, I was going to add on punch-through, to complete the Quartakk reference, but then I was all "eh, it's a low-velocity round, does that necessarily make sense?"

You... do raise a good point. Remember how, with the Hyron, I only made it silenced because SMGs are such unfamiliar territory? That's what the high fire rate is for. All I had in mind involved lowering it from the Baza. I suppose it can be nerfed a bit. This thing does - despite the short range and inaccuracy - have some damage numbers rivaling if not beating the Boltor Prime.

Speaking of silencing, the next SMG won't be silenced. Cause it's time to move on. Though there is an augment involved that I totally did not just make up involving silencing it...

Ah, that's good. That's very good. I had to ask myself: What's the absolute lowest I can make crit chance without it being divisible by 5 (we have enough of that) absolutely worthless, and not enough you feel like you should build for it in SMG mode? That was the best answer I had. That, and I figured 12% would make it too close to Boltor Prime.

...That said, I didn't want the crit damage to also feel useless in SMG mode. So I'm glad that helps! I like it when crit damage on status weapons (like my SOBEK!) feels like an unexpected, random present. I didn't build for it, I didn't expect it, but I'm glad it appeared all the same.

do love Quartakk. That was the main thing that inspired this mode, actually! Buuuut, I didn't want to go too far with this one, so I was too scared to even make it a 3-round burst. Also, this is not the last scoped Quartakk-like weapon I have planned. So, y'know. Look out for that.

...is it now?! Huh. I did not expect that. Well, that's neat.

Thank you so much! This is... well, I'd say it's the most challenging texture work I've ever done, but it's actually about equal with the Ostium. Comparing the texture work on both would be sort of... apples to oranges. Y'know?

Wasn't quite expecting it to be likened to ceramic - I was honestly kind of expecting rusty metal. See, I used two textures for the main metallic body of this. I forget what the first one was, but there's a bone texture I had that sort of browned towards the edges. That made the thing look rusty, so I was all like "this wasn't what I expected, but it looks dope, so I'mma roll with this!"

And thanks! It's very easy for me to fall into stuff that looks more contemporary.  Funny you should mention the Karak, though - if the Karak is a SPACE KALASHNIKOV, the Volsk is a SPACE VSS.

1200px-Vss_vintorez_01.jpeg

Except silhouette-wise, it takes a lot of inspiration from the Kriss Vector. I actually spent a lot of time trying to make it look like a VSS, but it just wasn't hitting. It was looking too normal. Eventually, I thought about having a Vector in Warframe, and eventually the Grineer seemed like the most logical choices here.

DSC_00757.jpg

I actually had to heavily edit the original drawing to make the stock look smaller and spindlier. Big, meaty stocks - folding or not - are just not the Grineer way.

...Good point. I think I will do that, because I don't  think I like the idea of dropping crit or base damage on this one.

As for the sniper rate, well... it's kind of embarrassing, but I wasn't sure how to write it out.

Worked for me!

Apologies if I'm raining on your parade.

Understandable.

Phew, glad you understand what I was thinking there.

A happy accident? Heh.

If it is indeed among your toughest paints, it certainly shows! You've done quite well in crafting it in such a way that it kinda "pops" out of the page, like its a sort of "3d render" pulled from the game.

10 hours ago, Unus said:

Apologies if I'm raining on your parade.

Don't worry about it.

10 hours ago, Unus said:

A happy accident? Heh.

...Well, yes and no? I was never exactly intending for this to be competitive with, say, Rubico Prime, and I didn't want sniper mode to completely overshadow SMG mode. Making it more like a battle rifle wasn't so much an accident as an inevitability.

16 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

What concept?

The thing that brings you up is this sentence.

""Moving onward, a rifle version of the new flecchete gun eh? Bolt-action was unexpected in my own opinion, but, by no means is it the wrong. . .""

54 minutes ago, Unus said:

The thing that brings you up is this sentence.

""Moving onward, a rifle version of the new flecchete gun eh? Bolt-action was unexpected in my own opinion, but, by no means is it the wrong. . .""

I tried that - didn't come up on my country's google. Huh.

Also, coming SOON™ - a rare DOUBLE ART DUMP. It's got things.

43 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I tried that - didn't come up on my country's google. Huh.

Also, coming SOON™ - a rare DOUBLE ART DUMP. It's got things.

This is how I found it suh.
https://nortonsafe.search.ask.com/web?q=flecchete&o=APN11908&chn=1000&guid=6FB12B7B-2BEB-4588-BFB1-832419318916&doi=2017-04-11&ver=22.9.1.12&prt=NSBU&geo=US&locale=en_US

Also, OOOOOOO.