Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Which is sort of like the Cascabel from earlier)

I've considered this sort of thing for a long time but I just wasn't able to come up with a gimmick to justify all the barrels that didn't make it feel like Pandero 2 Electric Boogaloo. The closest I got was with the Cascabel, and that's basically just a beehive grenade on a stick. Don't think too hard about how speedloaders work there.

Just make the alt fire a shotgun blast. Normal fire 1 round , precision weapon , alt fire pellet hell status focus. 

Comment number 1000. This thread is officially HUGE.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Well damn. Congrats on the 1000th comment.

Also when did this thread get so huge.

how and why did that happen

The threads is more than two years old and has more than 100 weapons. It is natural it has a lot of coments.

Edit: forgot to tell the alt fire would consume the entire mag to make it diferent from the euphonia prime and use the weapon desing  

Edited by keikogi

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I dunno man. This still feels like the Pandero.

There are a few sutle diferences that make them a diferent weapon.

- if you fire all rounds at the same time recoil does not matter 

- it is a change of firing mod ( from semi auto to shotgun ) with also implies in change on the math ( the alt fire would use shotgun status calculation )

6 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I dunno man. This still feels like the Pandero.

I can easily understand what you mean in that regard.

Heh, perhaps, thinking about my Noisy Cricket reference on my end more, the rounds "combine" deathstar beam style before unleashing handheld hell on the opposition? A lengthy-charge-up vaporizing recombinant beam that simply erases the poor stuttering fool before you and leaves but particulates in the wind and whatever hunks of meat were spared it's wraith?

Different from the Corpus beam gun, more "burst fire high intensity beam style".

Like. . . you know in those Japanese animated shows where you see the character engulfed in deadly energy right before they crumble to bones/dust?

Like that, but, for a fingersnap.

12 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, perhaps, thinking about my Noisy Cricket reference on my end more, the rounds "combine" deathstar beam style before unleashing handheld hell on the opposition? A lengthy-charge-up vaporizing recombinant beam that simply erases the poor stuttering fool before you and leaves but particulates in the wind and whatever hunks of meat were spared it's wraith?

...seems like a weird thing to have on a revolver.

Plus side, that sounds perfect as a Corpus energy handgun! I could even take some inspiration from this thing

54c809b34296a_-_tb_1-21.jpg?resize=640:*

or the Bryar pistol

c171a32ad2afa1c925710a67fa30b512.jpg

(I know there's a version from Battlefront that's more polished, but I like this thing more. IT'S SO CHUNKY XD)

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

...seems like a weird thing to have on a revolver.

Plus side, that sounds perfect as a Corpus energy handgun! I could even take some inspiration from this thing

54c809b34296a_-_tb_1-21.jpg?resize=640:*

or the Bryar pistol

c171a32ad2afa1c925710a67fa30b512.jpg

(I know there's a version from Battlefront that's more polished, but I like this thing more. IT'S SO CHUNKY XD)

Oh, I wasn't thinking about it in terms of projectile weapons anymore in that regard. Sorry. Think I'm just not that good at sticking to the script when the "winds of creative channeling" start billowing.

Corpus 'Mara Gravicor' Particle Pistol

“A relic of the ancient frontiers of the Orokin Empire, where criminals and freedom fighters alike gathered at the fringes of society. Charge the trigger for a powerful blast that fires from each of this high-status particle pistol’s four barrels.”

—Codex

corpus__mara_gravicor__pistol_by_haruaxe

Lore

A particle pistol using the long-forgotten “Darkstar” technology, built by the motley collections of industrialists, independent-in-all-but-name stations, smugglers, and wandering trade ships that would eventually band together to form the Corpus.

Its primary fire shoots a single particle beam, but holding down on the trigger to charge it up shoots a higher-powered beam from each of its four barrels. On impact, the charged beam creates an implosion, sucking in nearby enemies through the use of the Mara Gravicor’s long-lost “Darkstar” technology.  This does 80% of its damage on impact, and 20% radially. As the beams are counted separately, the charged-shot function can cause up to eight status effects in one shot (without multishot).

Darkstar-type weapons fire a high intensity, particle-beam-type material that implodes on contact, drawing in so much light on the way that it becomes a black beam instead of a light streak. Whatever section of the body it hits collapses in on itself. Sadly, this technology was lost in the collapse of the Orokin Empire - and it was a poorly-understood technology even during its reign. 

The ancestors of the original Mara Gravicor were little better than flintlocks. They were prone to mechanical failure, and often came with safety interlocks to prevent users from firing too fast, reducing the fire rate to untenable levels. The solution, however, was to add more barrels, exponentially increasing the fire rate. 

It soon became common to “Jailbreak” these weapons by adding in a charge function, allowing  these weapons to fire from each barrel.  It’s often joked that it’s the ancestor of the time-honored Corpus tradition of “If it doesn’t work, add more barrels!” 

While Luxor Forge does make a reproduction of this weapon, it instead uses a higher-powered graser array. While it lacks the AoE effect, does radiation damage,  and has lower base damage, it does have far better crit.

Stats

Trigger: charge
Magazine Size: 20
Crit Chance: 4%
Crit Multiplier: 3.2x
Status Chance: 32%

Primary Fire (consumes 1 ammo unit)
Fire Rate: 3.8

Damage:  55
On Impact:
3 Puncture 
21 Slash
14 Impact
Radial:
17 Magnetic
Blast Radius: 0.8m

Charged Shot (Consumes 4) 
Charge Time: 1.5s
Damage: 
Impact:
56 Impact
84 Slash
12 Puncture

Radial: 68 Magnetic
Blast Radius: 2m

Artist Notes:

Originally, this was just a high-powered(ish) pistol that had a slight black hole AoE, but… My heart just wasn’t in it.  Some of this survives with the AoE of its charged shot. There was just some reason - I cannot say why - that I just didn’t feel like it had the spark.

Aesthetically, this thing owes a lot to Blade Runner - in fact, the description of “Darkstar” beams is almost entirely ripped from the original concept behind how the pistol in Blade Runner works. Maybe. It’s kind of vague whether or not the Blade Runner gun is a revolver, and you’d probably find a lot of conflicting evidence about whether or not it is. It’s also heavily influenced by that pistol from Vampire Hunter D, which in turn was probably inspired by Blade Runner.

It was going to have one single large barrel, but then I saw the Bryar Pistol - specifically, the one Wookieepedia uses as the image on the “legends” version of the page, the hilariously chunky one - and something about the “charge to fire all barrels!” thing inspired me. The Corpus have very few pistols that make me think “That is absolutely a thing I would use” and this seemed like an excellent way to make the Corpus equivalent of a pistol with both semi auto and burst.

On the subject of stats: I know full well that these stats are kind of screwy. Status weapons… aren’t really a thing I deal with most of the time in Warframe, and pure status weapons are heavily outnumbered by weapons with high crit even in the actual game. The only status weapons I use with any regularity are the Mara Detron, the Strun Wraith, (my builds for that are insane) the SOBEK (I love Sobek so much) and possibly the Zarr.

At least I think the Zarr counts. The Grinlok series (this includes the Marelok) is the only semiauto weapon I can think of that focuses on status, and even those are heavily balanced with crit. 

Still. At least I tried something new.

This isn’t going to be the last single pistol I’m going to crowbar into this niche - there’s an obrez I have planned, inspired by the very old Ostium rifle I made awhile back. It has about twice the base damage of the pistols I usually do (shotties not included) though, so I’m not really sure how to balance this.

Special thanks to @Unus, @DrMegavolt, and @HugintheCrow for helping me design this! All I had was a cool silhouette, but I owe a lot of this to you.

• Like 2

On 2020-01-18 at 2:51 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Corpus 'Mara Gravicor' Particle Pistol

“A relic of the ancient frontiers of the Orokin Empire, where criminals and freedom fighters alike gathered at the fringes of society. Charge the trigger for a powerful blast that fires from each of this high-status particle pistol’s four barrels.”

—Codex

corpus__mara_gravicor__pistol_by_haruaxe

Lore

A particle pistol using the long-forgotten “Darkstar” technology, built by the motley collections of industrialists, independent-in-all-but-name stations, smugglers, and wandering trade ships that would eventually band together to form the Corpus.

Its primary fire shoots a single particle beam, but holding down on the trigger to charge it up shoots a higher-powered beam from each of its four barrels. On impact, the charged beam creates an implosion, sucking in nearby enemies through the use of the Mara Gravicor’s long-lost “Darkstar” technology.  This does 80% of its damage on impact, and 20% radially. As the beams are counted separately, the charged-shot function can cause up to eight status effects in one shot (without multishot).

Darkstar-type weapons fire a high intensity, particle-beam-type material that implodes on contact, drawing in so much light on the way that it becomes a black beam instead of a light streak. Whatever section of the body it hits collapses in on itself. Sadly, this technology was lost in the collapse of the Orokin Empire - and it was a poorly-understood technology even during its reign. 

The ancestors of the original Mara Gravicor were little better than flintlocks. They were prone to mechanical failure, and often came with safety interlocks to prevent users from firing too fast, reducing the fire rate to untenable levels. The solution, however, was to add more barrels, exponentially increasing the fire rate. 

It soon became common to “Jailbreak” these weapons by adding in a charge function, allowing  these weapons to fire from each barrel.  It’s often joked that it’s the ancestor of the time-honored Corpus tradition of “If it doesn’t work, add more barrels!” 

While Luxor Forge does make a reproduction of this weapon, it instead uses a higher-powered graser array. While it lacks the AoE effect, does radiation damage,  and has lower base damage, it does have far better crit.

Stats

Trigger: charge
Magazine Size: 20
Crit Chance: 4%
Crit Multiplier: 3.2x
Status Chance: 32%

Primary Fire (consumes 1 ammo unit)
Fire Rate: 3.8

Damage:  55
On Impact:
3 Puncture 
21 Slash
14 Impact
Radial:
17 Magnetic
Blast Radius: 0.8m

Charged Shot (Consumes 4) 
Charge Time: 1.5s
Damage: 
Impact:
56 Impact
84 Slash
12 Puncture

Radial: 68 Magnetic
Blast Radius: 2m

Artist Notes:

Originally, this was just a high-powered(ish) pistol that had a slight black hole AoE, but… My heart just wasn’t in it.  Some of this survives with the AoE of its charged shot. There was just some reason - I cannot say why - that I just didn’t feel like it had the spark.

Aesthetically, this thing owes a lot to Blade Runner - in fact, the description of “Darkstar” beams is almost entirely ripped from the original concept behind how the pistol in Blade Runner works. Maybe. It’s kind of vague whether or not the Blade Runner gun is a revolver, and you’d probably find a lot of conflicting evidence about whether or not it is. It’s also heavily influenced by that pistol from Vampire Hunter D, which in turn was probably inspired by Blade Runner.

It was going to have one single large barrel, but then I saw the Bryar Pistol - specifically, the one Wookieepedia uses as the image on the “legends” version of the page, the hilariously chunky one - and something about the “charge to fire all barrels!” thing inspired me. The Corpus have very few pistols that make me think “That is absolutely a thing I would use” and this seemed like an excellent way to make the Corpus equivalent of a pistol with both semi auto and burst.

On the subject of stats: I know full well that these stats are kind of screwy. Status weapons… aren’t really a thing I deal with most of the time in Warframe, and pure status weapons are heavily outnumbered by weapons with high crit even in the actual game. The only status weapons I use with any regularity are the Mara Detron, the Strun Wraith, (my builds for that are insane) the SOBEK (I love Sobek so much) and possibly the Zarr.

At least I think the Zarr counts. The Grinlok series (this includes the Marelok) is the only semiauto weapon I can think of that focuses on status, and even those are heavily balanced with crit. 

Still. At least I tried something new.

This isn’t going to be the last single pistol I’m going to crowbar into this niche - there’s an obrez I have planned, inspired by the very old Ostium rifle I made awhile back. It has about twice the base damage of the pistols I usually do (shotties not included) though, so I’m not really sure how to balance this.

Special thanks to @Unus, @DrMegavolt, and @HugintheCrow for helping me design this! All I had was a cool silhouette, but I owe a lot of this to you.

Vunderbar detailing on the grip again suh! Blimey, still recall watching the evolution of your craft from the early days till now.

AH, almost like a cousin of sorts to the Mara Detron in backstory (NO SHET, seeing as I only JUST noticed that, you know, it has MARA IN THE NAME.).

Oh, how delightfully Warhammerish in aesthetic. Ell, there's even a class of extremely rare human energy weapon with similar aesthetics but different functional principles. 

Statistically speaking:

Magazine capacity appears to be functional, with the closest parallel I can conceive of being the functionality of the ballistica and it's "tap for burst, charge for "condensed boltshot" aspect.

Critical Chance is very low, and fits into the "low critical, high statistical" class of weaponry.

Critical Multiplier is overtly high, but, improvement would be quite simple, as the secondaries have the precedent of not being bound to the strictures of 2.0x as closely as some weapon variants. A change to 2.?x would be more then sufficient as an improvement.

Status Chance is . . . In a very strange place. The Chance itself is functional in comparison to the greater mass of weaponry, yet, most of the weapons who have said Chance do not match up with this guns functionality. I'm. . . hm, kinda stumped on this un.

Primary Fire Rate is fully functional and has no need for further tweakage.

Damagewise? Hm. . . is the magnetic damage also applied to the target at the center, or, is the radial discharge just for all their friends? Additive or seperated, fellow falls within functional damage parameters just fine.

Secondary Damagewise

Similar question to the above , but in this case, hooolllyyyy shet if it's the former! Would surpass ANY non-explosive secondary in current existence at the moment! Not sure how I feel about that aspect there.

Understandably so suh, the cutting room floor of every creator is more then likely littered with chunks and pieces of concepts that just didn't quite click in their mind.

Huh, fascinating. Makes me wonder if the aforementioned hammer weapon is derived in turn from the Bladerunner gun, or vice versa?

Oh, I saw that Vampire show and books mentioned on Twitter recently, both in a Strange Twitter piece and mentioned by Ms. Ford.

Statistically, I comprehend what you mean, as mentioned above in that section. It's not full-blown insanity mind you, might just need some clarification.

OH, uh, thanks suh. Always shell-shocked when folks say I've helped them by just rambling in their direction.

(Sincere apologies for the delays as always suh. It was gonna come immediately after my response to you, but, you know, babysitting duty, mom getting admitted to the hospital for potential cranial tumors, sleepiness, etc.)

3 hours ago, Unus said:

AH, almost like a cousin of sorts to the Mara Detron in backstory (NO SHET, seeing as I only JUST noticed that, you know, it has MARA IN THE NAME.).

Originally it had just one barrel, but this was nixed partly because I didn't want it to look too much like the Detron.

filename_by_haruaxeman_ddlbaa7-pre.jpg?t

...I mean it already does, but it's for the best it didn't go further.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Oh, how delightfully Warhammerish in aesthetic. Ell, there's even a class of extremely rare human energy weapon with similar aesthetics but different functional principles. 

Oh yeah, Graviton weapons! Which... may or may not have been a reference to BLAME! I've considered that sort of thing here, but I was never quite sure how to make it work. The 40k ones. Not the BLAME! ones.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Magazine capacity appears to be functional, with the closest parallel I can conceive of being the functionality of the ballistica and it's "tap for burst, charge for "condensed boltshot" aspect.

This was the biggest inspiration for how this works, crunch-wise.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Status Chance is . . . In a very strange place. The Chance itself is functional in comparison to the greater mass of weaponry, yet, most of the weapons who have said Chance do not match up with this guns functionality. I'm. . . hm, kinda stumped on this un.

Trust me, I was stumped too.  A semiauto pistol in this role is... a weird one.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Damagewise? Hm. . . is the magnetic damage also applied to the target at the center, or, is the radial discharge just for all their friends? Additive or seperated, fellow falls within functional damage parameters just fine.

It's radial. It also rolls its own status effect separately (like most explosive weapons) so this is a good way to death-of-a-thousand-cuts your enemies.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Similar question to the above , but in this case, hooolllyyyy shet if it's the former! Would surpass ANY non-explosive secondary in current existence at the moment! Not sure how I feel about that aspect there.

If it helps, think of it as more like a burst pistol considering that it fires four rounds at once. 

3 hours ago, Unus said:

OH, uh, thanks suh. Always shell-shocked when folks say I've helped them by just rambling in their direction.

You mentioned something about a beam pistol earlier, and that was kind of an inspiration here. 

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Huh, fascinating. Makes me wonder if the aforementioned hammer weapon is derived in turn from the Bladerunner gun, or vice versa?

Nah, I'm not sure of that. The blade runner gun is (possibly) a particle weapon.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Oh, I saw that Vampire show and books mentioned on Twitter recently, both in a Strange Twitter piece and mentioned by Ms. Ford.

This is the original pistol this was based on btw

d677tk6-9440d08d-0f8b-4a91-845e-8a0cc9cc

3 hours ago, Unus said:

(Sincere apologies for the delays as always suh. It was gonna come immediately after my response to you, but, you know, babysitting duty, mom getting admitted to the hospital for potential cranial tumors, sleepiness, etc.)

Eh, don't worry about it. Life is like that sometimes.

Taking a short break from this thread for the next week, at least. While the urge to homage something from Borderlands 3 is strong, I haven't played as much Warframe in the last week or so (some stuff happened) and the urge just isn't as strong as it once was. 

do have more ideas, it's just that a lot of them are "another revolver" or "more assault rifle." I kind of want to... wait a bit, shake things up a little here. For some reason, I'm just not feeling enough of the enthusiasm necessary to color them in.

On 2020-01-10 at 2:28 PM, keikogi said:

Just make the alt fire a shotgun blast. Normal fire 1 round , precision weapon , alt fire pellet hell status focus. 

Comment number 1000. This thread is officially HUGE.

Well, now I think I know how to make it distinct from the Pandero:

Make it a primary weapon!

Do you have any idea how long I've wanted a Kuva volleygun? Literal years! Or one year.

nock_gun__2.jpg?v=1571454103

I forget which.

(pictured: Volleygun)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Well, now I think I know how to make it distinct from the Pandero:

Make it a primary weapon!

Do you have any idea how long I've wanted a Kuva volleygun? Literal years! Or one year.

nock_gun__2.jpg?v=1571454103

I forget which.

(pictured: Volleygun)

Good way to side step the issue.

13 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

untitled_grineer_volley_gun_by_haruaxema

Made an early stab at the design.

Looking good, I really like the barrel and thr ammunition chambers. The sholder stocks feels a bit odd.

Decided to look up the grineer weapons it is similar to gorgon sholder stock. 

Edit: it's probably just me looking at an old weapon desing style and expecting a wood sholder stock. So I probably tought of the metalic and militarized one as odd.

Edited by keikogi

Grineer 'Nuklok' Maser Rifle

grineer__nuklok__maser_by_haruaxeman_ddq

The big brother to the Nukor. Irradiate crowds of enemies with this devastating high-crit beam weapon.” 

The Grineer demanded a “Bigger Nukor,” and the Tavar Production Zone delivered with this heavy beam rifle derived from stolen Corpus research. While the Corpus ‘Klystron’ Microwave Beam is much more precise and focused, overpenetrating and combusting organic targets, the Nuklok creates a continuous status AoE around its targets that does slash and radiation DoT, eventually liquefying them. The beam doesn’t have to hit an organic target to create its AoE, either.

It also requires a short half-second charge-up period.

Corpus and independent colony forces have learned to fear this weapon due to its potential for room clear - quite often, Grineer will use this weapon to saturate a room with radiation, forcing enemy combatants into the open. While lacking the instantaneous stopping power of weapons like the Scrabba, it’s nonetheless extremely damaging against Corpus machinery.

It’s perhaps for the best that the Nuklok is too expensive for true mass-production… or, as some Grineer whisper, being “screwed” by Grineer High Command. While it’s arguably the most practical energy weapon created by the Grineer Empire, it requires special training to use, along with rare resources the Corpus stopped selling around the time of the Gradivus Conflict. It also requires specially-built lead-lined armor for Grineer trained in the use of this weapon.

It’s currently in limited service with Grineer ‘Purgus,’ Nightwatch, Exo, and Kosma troops. While Tavar has attempted to market it to Kuva forces, it’s been rejected for much the same reason as Kuva Noxes - simply put, it’s too dangerous. It’s especially dangerous against vulnerable, half-remembered Orokin machinery that even the Kuva Fortress cannot reproduce.

As a result, it’s also been sadly rejected by Sargas Ruk’s recovery squads.

STATS
Trigger: Continuous
Range Limit: 35m
Charge Time: 0.5s.
Noise: Alarming
Fire Rate: 10.0 per second
Accuracy: 100
Magazine: 75
Reload: 2.5s
Total Damage: 24

Normal Attacks
Damage: 24 Radiation
Crit Chance: 8%
Crit Multiplier: 4.8x
Status Chance:  28%
Radius: 3m
Duration: 3s

Area Attacks:
…I have no idea.

NOTES: Much like the Glaxion Vandal, do not use Shred. Also, Firestorm works on this weapon.

It’s also worth mentioning that the mechanics here are super shaky, and I was just trying to make something that was basically the Nukor combined with Glaxion Vandal. Unfortunately, I can’t/was too lazy to find any calculations for how the AoE on the Glaxion works. 

Artist Notes: 

My favorite SMG in Borderlands 3 is the Cloud Kill. I was actually kind of planning on making an Infested version that did Corrosion damage, but… my heart was never really in that one. Especially because it had pretty much the same silhouette as the Cloud Kill. Then, I was thinking about how Radiation procs work in Borderlands, idly recoloring this thing,  and suddenly this thing became pretty similar to the Cloud Kill. It’s probably for the best.

As mentioned earlier, the mechanics are shaky and I can’t figure out how the AoE works (can it crit? Does it affect the original target? It probably shouldn’t…) and I’m sorry for that.

Also I may need to make fewer weapons with some kind of AoE in the near future.  Out of the past 15 weapons, 12 of them have had some ability to explode on impact and deal radial damage.

What shall the next one be, in that case… I wonder…

• Like 2

UPDATE: Good News and Bad News

The bad news is that... simply put, I think I rushed into Ganymede too fast. I didn't think about resources, or a lot of the bounties. I just didn't think. And, as PoE and Cetus are, I don't know if I want to make something else that feels like a grind island. I'll need time to think about how Ganymede and its "Control Level" mechanic interact with the rest of Warframe, and presumably also come up with some fixes for Railjack because why not at this point.

This was actually really hamstringing the main quest - every time I thought about how to introduce people to Ganymede, I could never figure out what I was introducing people to. Or at least, I could never quite figure out what would keep them coming back.

There's two or three resources I thought of (Goethium, Ceramite, and Orokin Metaclockwork) but not much else.

So, while I devote more time to figuring out how to keep Ganymede from being too much of a grind island, I've decided I'll write up a special treat for you that will be concurrently posted in this thread and a new, special thread meant to declutter things, introduce people to Gagarin, and show off some of his lore. 

I've also decided to write separate Umbral Ayatan and Leverian entries because... you know what, I don't see why not.