Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Just letting you know now suh, with Dhaghom finally birthed upon the world, I am INFINITELY more available for design evaluation then I was before (the big BIG reason why I never EVER consciously choose to create any new Warframes., heh.). Anything popping up will get MUCH more of my examination eye then I could offer before.

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Just letting you know now suh, with Dhaghom finally birthed upon the world, I am INFINITELY more available for design evaluation then I was before (the big BIG reason why I never EVER consciously choose to create any new Warframes., heh.). Anything popping up will get MUCH more of my examination eye then I could offer before.

Looking forward to it, my dood!

There's a couple more Dziewanna weapons I have planned. ...And, of course, part 2 of  the Umbral Ayatan quest.

Dziewana "Kosa" Particle Shotgun

dziewana__kosa__particle_shotgun_by_haru

LORE

“-cutting through us like a scythe! They’re just aiming for the chest and ripping through our squads one by VOID I THINK HE’S-“

Timas Yun, Penta Ranger Second Class. Assigned to Bek Industries Mergers and Acquisitions. Transmission sent during the Second Dziewanna Merger Operation.

Fed from a recharging battery, (like most Dziewannan weapons) the Kosa fires nine unstable plasmoids in a horizontal spread much like the Mastiff from Titanfall 2 - or, if you never played one of the best shooters of the 2010s, Apex Legends. This means that, unless you’ve decided to engage in what Borderlands players refer to as barrel stuffing, most of your pellets are going to miss. At the typical shotgun range, you’re probably only going to land 3 pellets on your target. 

(Unless you have Narrow Barrel, which is the best possible exilus mod for this gun)

This makes it excellent for larger-scale crowd control and extremely large targets (Orbs, raknoids) but it falls off heavily when it comes to precision damage. Unlike other flat-spread weapons (The Bruin, the Vlcak, and [REDACTED]) this thing is best kept aimed at the chest.

This weapon was designed with the defense of Dziewanna in mind. As the blocky corridors of Dziewanna’s brutalist interior often force invaders into choke points, the Kosa was made to rip through said choke points with ease - and to create a predictable, controllable spread for the Tenno or Dziewanna soldier on the move. Upon firing, the barrel and muzzle choke recoil backwards, with the fins in the muzzle brake glowing orange.

Much like the Uhlan, its rechargeable magazine has an overheat period (which occurs after all 7 rounds are fired). During this period, the rounds fired do increased damage, increasing damage by 8% per shot fired. You’ll only be able to fire 1-4 rounds during the overheat period.

But, once the weapon is overheated, it requires a 3-second cooling period.  Ignoring the overheat, the best way to think of this is as if it’s a tube-fed shotgun that feeds shell by shell. Except it regenerates ammunition instead of manually reloading.

Artist Notes:

Originally, the stuff I said about “Basically Mastiff” was gonna go here, but personally speaking, if DE released a shotgun with stats like this and I found out I’d probably only be able to hit someone with three pellets, I’d feel kinda blueballed.

It was very, very important you understand what this shotgun was about beforehand. There is a very, very good reason we called the Mastiff “the memestiff” beforehand. And that would be the fact that we all liked the EVA-8 more. Not as much now, mind. I'm not going to add in an EVA-8, of course - we already have Corinth Prime and THE SOBEK. I'm actually pretty fine with Warframe's current selection of shotguns, though I would love the Somesha and Neophytou to become canon.

As for where this came from? Well, every Dziewanna weapon is meant to at least 3-5 of the following distinct characteristics:

1. High risk, high reward - the Uhlan can overheat and give you heat damage, but it also has very high critical stats. This is probably the most universal one, and it’ll show up in the next two I have planned
    1. An Overheat Period: That’s… sort of part of #1.
  2. A stat that can go over 100% without a riven - I didn’t do that here because… on a primary shotgun? With hunter munitions? And over a thousand damage? It’s not a good idea.
  3. Just plain weird: Each one is meant to heave highly esoteric behavior, but with a recognizable role.
  4. Can use combustion beam: I just didn’t see the point here.
  5. Recharging mag with overheat - this won’t show up in the next weapon I do here. A sniper with infinite ammo? That’s…. that’s a silly idea.

The Kosa came from me asking the question “Can I replicate the feeling of a tube-fed shell-by-shell shotgun with a recharging mag?”

With luck, I managed. The other traits are just for flavor.

STATS

Trigger: Semi
Fire Rate: 2.6
Magazine: 7
Recharge Time: 0.6s per round
Recharge Delay: 0.4s (4.6s total)
Overheat Period - 1-4 Shots
Cooldown Period: 2.5s
Damage: 1440
    609 Impact
    429 Slash
    329 Heat
    63 Puncture
Pellets: 9 (160 per pellet)
Crit Chance: 37%
Critical Multiplier: 2.5x
Status Chance: 21%

91914282_683569819057061_954814170983825

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2

reminds me somehow of the laptop-weapon from Perfect Dark from the N64.

But that would also be a cool idea.
Weapons that can only be recognized as a weapon if they are folded together and then become recognizable when pulled.

like the Magpul FMG-9.

2 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

reminds me somehow of the laptop-weapon from Perfect Dark from the N64.

But that would also be a cool idea.
Weapons that can only be recognized as a weapon if they are folded together and then become recognizable when pulled.

like the Magpul FMG-9.

You're probably thinking the laptop gun because the Kosa has a very, very boxy silhouette. I actually took more inspiration from the Kel-Tec KSG while making that!

kel-tec-ksg-pump-shotgun-1308872-1.jpg?c

As for the idea of concealable weapons like the laptop gun or FMG 9, I've thought about that sort of thing before - like, a weapon for Corpus wet works that unfolds from a briefcase or disguises itself as a toolbox - but I never really felt like I had a good grasp on what'd make it fun from a gameplay perspective.

I would like to do it, though.

...Maybe it could be integrally silenced and be a laser with an invisible beam, but it'd reward precision shooting and have high crit. That could be interesting. 

• Like 1

Vulkodlak

“The Orokin tried to kill this wild, uncontrollable, ferocious Warframe. They succeeded. That only made it angrier.” 

_vulkodlak__tenno_warframe_by_haruaxeman

Codex

Vulkodlak was something of an early prototype for Valkyr. As it was often difficult to truly “create” or even “predict” the focus of a Frame at that time, the Orokin couldn’t have imagined what they would’ve created while morphing the technocyte nanomachines into this shape.

The result was a violent, brutal berserker that kept trying to kill itself… and failing. When the Myrmidon came to hunt it, they could never kill it. Not permanently. But its combat prowess was unrivaled - the Orokin sent the first Vulkodlak unit to destroy a Buyan Alliance stronghold on Neptune’s moons, confident that the population of an entire moon could destroy it, and likely lure the alliance into a false sense of security.

The first Vulkodlak unit did not act according to plan. It slaughtered the population of the entire moon, crippling the Buyan Alliance almost overnight and forcing their remnants to flee to the furthest-flung habitats at the far fringe of the Origin System.

With yet another push by the Sentients, Vulkodlak was accepted for mass production. And that’s where the problems began - Vulkodlak Frames would assault each other without provocation and were prone to violent outbursts against anything, whether or not they had a [REDACTED] present.

Eventually, they started attacking anything Orokin (save for their fellow Tenno) at the slightest provocation. As these attacks grew too frequent, the Orokin issued a Mass Recall, calling on the Tenno to launch a coordinated assault to destroy Vulkodlak Frames.

Legend has it, however, that at least one Vulkodlak survived and hid on Ganymede…

Their signature weapon was the ‘Poyang’ grenade launcher, favored for its use as both a grenade launcher and shotgun, its incendiary rounds, and its ability to inflict self-harm.

Acquisition:

Awhile ago, I came up with an open-world concept for Ganymede.  It would've been an open-world with a heavy lore element, and most of the weapons I've made (except the Infested and Sentient ones) would've been rewards from there. However, I lost the thread of that one (sorry) due to weariness with grind islands.

Why is this relevant?

Because a Vulkodlak Frame is a rare miniboss that spawns at night on Ganymede. And, to acquire its blueprints, you have to beat it in a fight.

Abilities

Passive 1: Desperation - The lower Vulkodlak's health is, the greater the damage he deals. This comes in stacks. 

Passive 2: Deathless - Vulkodlak has no shield.  However, his health is always regenerating. 

Passive 3: Hurt Me More - Vulkodlak receives self-damage instead of stagger. This is determined more by percentages of total health than base damage, though.

Passive 4: Feed - Killing an enemy while downed has a chance to revive you.

Passive 5: Echoes of Umbra: Melee attacks enemies while in SPOILER MODE.

1. Howl - Vulkodlak howls at a devastating volume, stunning enemies and opening them up to finishers. This can also do bleed damage. The lower his health, the louder this ability is. And the more range and duration it has. While comparable to Banshee’s 1, it’s actually more like a blast from an Arca Plasmor that does blast damage exclusively.

2. Savage - Pounces at nearby enemies, and consume their health. 

3. Guard Dog: Simply aim in the general direction of a teammate and cast. This will give teammates an overshield, and slow Vulkodlak’s health regeneration to a crawl… while transferring the majority of damage received to Vulkodlak.  If the over shields receive enough damage, it’s transferred back to Vulkodlak, releasing a radial explosion. This is subject to health gating, meaning that - try as you might - this cannot actually kill him.

4. Rampage:  Expend stacks from passive to painfully transform (Vulkodlak audibly screams in pain) into a werewolf (were-kubrow?) form. Brief three-second period of invulnerability on casting. That said, Vulkodlak loses health the longer he's in this form. His claws, however, come with lifesteal, and have higher status and range (but less crit) than Valkyr’s talons.

How To Use:

First off: Self-damage is back, at least for them. But, with Vulkodlak it’s more dependent on percentages of total health than base damage of weaponry. It’s more about giving you an easy way to build up Desperation than encouraging caution. As such, the ideal loadout for Vulkodlak would have at least one weapon with self-stagger equipped. While I’d personally prefer primaries like the Astilla or Zarr, a good backup secondary would be a Tombfinger kitgun, or the ‘Hiro’ sidearm I made up awhile back.

Probably the best weapon to maintain low health with Vulkodlak is his signature weapon, the Poyang, which leaves a pool of fire on whatever it hits. Just stand in that for more energy and more damage.

Secondly, if you don’t build him for Rage or Hunter Adrenaline, you are doing it wrong. 

While on paper, Vulkodlak may seem to be a better version of Valkyr, this is compensated due to the extreme risk of using Vulkodlak. For maximum effectiveness, Vulkodlak should always be close to death.

Plus, his 3 gives him a lot of synergy for teams. You could, hypothetically, use it to help teammates in an Orb fight or Eidolon hunt, but with his heavy melee focus, I don’t know how useful that is. It’d definitely help out in an Arbitration, Sortie, or high-level Nemesis mission.

• Like 4

On 2020-04-06 at 6:29 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Dziewana "Kosa" Particle Shotgun

dziewana__kosa__particle_shotgun_by_haru

LORE

“-cutting through us like a scythe! They’re just aiming for the chest and ripping through our squads one by VOID I THINK HE’S-“

Timas Yun, Penta Ranger Second Class. Assigned to Bek Industries Mergers and Acquisitions. Transmission sent during the Second Dziewanna Merger Operation.

Fed from a recharging battery, (like most Dziewannan weapons) the Kosa fires nine unstable plasmoids in a horizontal spread much like the Mastiff from Titanfall 2 - or, if you never played one of the best shooters of the 2010s, Apex Legends. This means that, unless you’ve decided to engage in what Borderlands players refer to as barrel stuffing, most of your pellets are going to miss. At the typical shotgun range, you’re probably only going to land 3 pellets on your target. 

(Unless you have Narrow Barrel, which is the best possible exilus mod for this gun)

This makes it excellent for larger-scale crowd control and extremely large targets (Orbs, raknoids) but it falls off heavily when it comes to precision damage. Unlike other flat-spread weapons (The Bruin, the Vlcak, and [REDACTED]) this thing is best kept aimed at the chest.

This weapon was designed with the defense of Dziewanna in mind. As the blocky corridors of Dziewanna’s brutalist interior often force invaders into choke points, the Kosa was made to rip through said choke points with ease - and to create a predictable, controllable spread for the Tenno or Dziewanna soldier on the move. Upon firing, the barrel and muzzle choke recoil backwards, with the fins in the muzzle brake glowing orange.

Much like the Uhlan, its rechargeable magazine has an overheat period (which occurs after all 7 rounds are fired). During this period, the rounds fired do increased damage, increasing damage by 8% per shot fired. You’ll only be able to fire 1-4 rounds during the overheat period.

But, once the weapon is overheated, it requires a 3-second cooling period.  Ignoring the overheat, the best way to think of this is as if it’s a tube-fed shotgun that feeds shell by shell. Except it regenerates ammunition instead of manually reloading.

Artist Notes:

Originally, the stuff I said about “Basically Mastiff” was gonna go here, but personally speaking, if DE released a shotgun with stats like this and I found out I’d probably only be able to hit someone with three pellets, I’d feel kinda blueballed.

It was very, very important you understand what this shotgun was about beforehand. There is a very, very good reason we called the Mastiff “the memestiff” beforehand. And that would be the fact that we all liked the EVA-8 more. Not as much now, mind. I'm not going to add in an EVA-8, of course - we already have Corinth Prime and THE SOBEK. I'm actually pretty fine with Warframe's current selection of shotguns, though I would love the Somesha and Neophytou to become canon.

As for where this came from? Well, every Dziewanna weapon is meant to at least 3-5 of the following distinct characteristics:

1. High risk, high reward - the Uhlan can overheat and give you heat damage, but it also has very high critical stats. This is probably the most universal one, and it’ll show up in the next two I have planned
    1. An Overheat Period: That’s… sort of part of #1.
  2. A stat that can go over 100% without a riven - I didn’t do that here because… on a primary shotgun? With hunter munitions? And over a thousand damage? It’s not a good idea.
  3. Just plain weird: Each one is meant to heave highly esoteric behavior, but with a recognizable role.
  4. Can use combustion beam: I just didn’t see the point here.
  5. Recharging mag with overheat - this won’t show up in the next weapon I do here. A sniper with infinite ammo? That’s…. that’s a silly idea.

The Kosa came from me asking the question “Can I replicate the feeling of a tube-fed shell-by-shell shotgun with a recharging mag?”

With luck, I managed. The other traits are just for flavor.

STATS

Trigger: Semi
Fire Rate: 2.6
Magazine: 7
Recharge Time: 0.6s per round
Recharge Delay: 0.4s (4.6s total)
Overheat Period - 1-4 Shots
Cooldown Period: 2.5s
Damage: 1503
    630 Impact
    450 Slash
    360 Heat
    63 Puncture
Pellets: 9 (167 per pellet)
Crit Chance: 37%
Critical Multiplier: 2.5x
Status Chance: 21%

91914282_683569819057061_954814170983825

Ah, I built a design like this back in the day! A duck-barreled belt-fed shotgun that could discharge the belt as an artillery shell. Mind you, the ammo regeneration wasn't there for it.

I imagine the regenerative system may function similarly to the Plinx?

OH, lovely! Your planning a whole family tree! I thought about making my own manufacturer once, but, in the end, my ambition just didn't reach as high as yours and Alloris Nanotech remained a one product company, good luck!

F.R.= Ah, falls in a little faster then the strun series I see, fitting, fitting.

M.= Magazine size appears more then adequate  for the philosophy you are aiming for.

R/O.= Alas, I am unable to properly analyze this section with all due scrutiny, as it's a quite unique mechanic native to only a few weapons. In time, I imagine I could do it, but, now? Not so much.

D.= Damage falls into "typical" parameters quite well, as the high damage is very much compensated for by the "pumpesque" nature.

P.C.= I THINK it is okay, but, it's harder to get exact pellet counts as opposed to most other data forms on my end. Looks like. . . one less then the Tigris?

C.C.= Completely on-par with the Phantasma that sits at the pinnacle of critical chance shots.

C.M.= A more then reasonable Multiplier damagewise, given what is presented.

S.C.= Not extraordinarily high for shotguns, but, extraordinarily high given the matchingly high critical chance. Though it does indeed make it unique, game balancewise, I have concerns.

FINALLY, I complete my days upon days long evaluation! Excuse me for the horrendous delay, long enough for you to have cooked up a Warframe in my "absence". Something has just been feeling. . . wrong about me lately. I have so many theories on what, but, nothing concrete just yet, which is frustrating to no end.

That aside, I'll work on the Warframe evaluation next, hopefully with MUCH more haste!

1 hour ago, Unus said:

I imagine the regenerative system may function similarly to the Plinx?

It's exactly like that, yep! Except the Plinx doesn't overheat. 

1 hour ago, Unus said:

OH, lovely! Your planning a whole family tree! I thought about making my own manufacturer once, but, in the end, my ambition just didn't reach as high as yours and Alloris Nanotech remained a one product company, good luck!

I was having fun with the aesthetic and gimmicks 😛 The next three I have planned are a pistol that's inspired by the Service Weapon from Control, (...not really sure what it'll do, but I have a good idea of the silhouette) a beam weapon that's.... bizarre... and possibly a plasmoid SMG that works like the L-star from Titanfall 2. Which... if you haven't played Titanfall 2, plays a lot like the Plasma Rifle from DOOM 2016.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

F.R.= Ah, falls in a little faster then the strun series I see, fitting, fitting.

Again, it's sort of meant to mimic how it feels with some tube-fed shotguns in games - the feeling of firing a little faster than you can reload.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

R/O.= Alas, I am unable to properly analyze this section with all due scrutiny, as it's a quite unique mechanic native to only a few weapons. In time, I imagine I could do it, but, now? Not so much.

Fair enough, I kind of mutated it into its own thing. As long as you think it'd be fun, then we're golden!

1 hour ago, Unus said:

D.= Damage falls into "typical" parameters quite well, as the high damage is very much compensated for by the "pumpesque" nature.

Though, as mentioned earlier, only a third of it is likely to hit. So, the damage is more like.... 501 per enemy. Unless you have narrow barrel. Any thoughts on that?

1 hour ago, Unus said:

C.C.= Completely on-par with the Phantasma that sits at the pinnacle of critical chance shots.

I thought that was the Corinth.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

S.C.= Not extraordinarily high for shotguns, but, extraordinarily high given the matchingly high critical chance. Though it does indeed make it unique, game balancewise, I have concerns.

Eh, don't worry. Most of the pellets aren't gonna hit.  For some context, it's basically just this:

1 hour ago, Unus said:

FINALLY, I complete my days upon days long evaluation! Excuse me for the horrendous delay, long enough for you to have cooked up a Warframe in my "absence". Something has just been feeling. . . wrong about me lately. I have so many theories on what, but, nothing concrete just yet, which is frustrating to no end.

Don't even trip, dawg. I'm just happy to see you back. And hey, don't worry about it. We all have off times.

7 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

A warframe that can transform properly (more than Chroma or Equinox) has been wanted for a long time.

...Has it? I didn't know that!

All seriousness, I just really, really wanted a werewolf-themed Warframe for years,  I just couldn't think of a way to make the gimmick work. Then I spent some time playing Spacelords and I thought Loaht sounded interesting, and, well, here we are

• Like 1

Perhaps your "service Weapon lookalike" fits into the Kitgun system, albeit, the barrel can be swapped tween multiple in the field? Quipment wheel may come in handy here.

Hm. . . would that mean minimizer/maximizers will be shoving the "choke" mod into this weapon in order to make that 1/3rd into 2/3rds? Hard to say. I could see a few "mandatory mod!" complaints cropping up here and there, but, not a true storm since the regeneration effect means it's FAR harder to ""waste"" shots.

AHA! Scuse me for still being "off" on that day! The Phantasmas the pinnacle of STATUS, yours appears to have supplanted the Corinth.

42 minutes ago, Unus said:

Perhaps your "service Weapon lookalike" fits into the Kitgun system, albeit, the barrel can be swapped tween multiple in the field? Quipment wheel may come in handy here.

Nah, I just want a brutalist revolver silhouette. It'll probably look more like this:

radomir-zhuravlev-handcannon-2-v2.jpg?15

Though I like your idea. Skeptical of how it'd actually feel in game, though...

56 minutes ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . would that mean minimizer/maximizers will be shoving the "choke" mod into this weapon in order to make that 1/3rd into 2/3rds? Hard to say. I could see a few "mandatory mod!" complaints cropping up here and there, but, not a true storm since the regeneration effect means it's FAR harder to ""waste"" shots.

It'd probably be more like 5/9 or 4/9 than 2/3, but essentially yes. I know this because, well, it seemed like an unavoidable thing I'd absolutely do. Part of the reason for that is, well... I've seen what happens when there's a way to remove spread from shotguns (twice!) and it was hilariously broken. I'm... not doing that again.

*STARES IN FELWINTER*

Plus, you have to zoom in and discard some of the crowd control potential to use that mod, so I feel like there's at least a downside or two or three.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

AHA! Scuse me for still being "off" on that day! The Phantasmas the pinnacle of STATUS, yours appears to have supplanted the Corinth.

Eh, it happens. Don't even trip, dawg! 😛

Though I'd argue the Corinth (and other stuff I've made like the Tenebrae, Poyang, and Neophytou) are better in a lot of ways, cause you'll get more pellets (with more status and/or hunter munitions) in a smaller area. You can actually try for headshots with those last four! But you wouldn't be able to get headshots with the Kosa. It's... really not a good idea. You'll lose out on, like... two thirds, ish, of DPS potential if you try.

And, funny enough, the reason the base single-target damage per shot is 501 (more or less) is because I didn't want it to outclass them too much. I wanted it to lag slightly behind without Narrow Barrel attached... and I also didn't want the existence of Narrow Barrel to cripple it.

It's possible that maybe the damage could be reduced. Just.. just a little. Gonna reduce it down by a hundred-ish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Update: VULKODLAK BUFFS:

1. the cooldown period for Pounce has been removed.
Health Gating has been added to ability 3 and passive 3! Ability 3 is still not so useful for solo play, but there's not much I can do about that. Vulkodlak's damage-buffing passive is increased while using it.
3. Passive 5 - the one that releases radial explosions - has been removed. The rest, however, were too integral. Admittedly, the one where he acts like Umbra wasn't that integral, but from a pure fluff perspective it really reinforced that he's wild and barely controllable.

To throw in some new ideas for weapons.

Automatic revolver:
How about an automatic revolver like from Webley-Fosbery, i.e. a revolver whose upper part moves completely backwards to reload automatically when the recoil.
There is something similar in Star Citizen called "Kastak Arms Coda".
Googled for "Webley-Fosbery".

Guns with loading strips:
I don't think I've seen a weapon in Warframe that gets the loading strips pushed in from above.
In Battlefield 1 it was once a change to see adventurous pistols and rifles, where a loading strip came in from above and the loading strips were ejected from a rifle with a metallic * blong *.

Gun volume between silent and alarm alarm:
There are mods that lower the volume of weapons by 25% / 50% / 75% / 100%.
I think I have never seen a weapon in Warframe that was between silent and alarming.
How about weapons that are half-soundproofed, so that you have to use a sniper rifle even at a higher distance in order not to be heard.

Googled for "Webley-Fosbery".

I know what a Webley-Fosbery is 😛 I actually have something kind of like the whole automatic revolver idea planned. Though it'll actually be treated as full-auto because the Tenno is fanning the hammer.

Guns with loading strips:
I don't think I've seen a weapon in Warframe that gets the loading strips pushed in from above.

I've done two! 😛

On 2020-03-03 at 1:34 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ganymede 'Riyo' Gyrojet Carbine

ganymede__riyo__gyrojet_rifle_by_haruaxe

“Switch between impact and airburst modes with this Ganymedean gyrojet rifle, the larger counterpart to the ‘Hiro’ pistol. Stenciled on its handguard are the words: ‘Well, This Machine kills Boxheads.’”

Lore

The bigger brother to the ‘Hiro’ pistol, and one of three standard rifles for the Ganymede Gendarmerie (aka G2). This weapon loads from an en-bloc magazine - simply pull the bolt back, and slide the clip in through the top, much like a Garand. After the rifle is expended, it will automatically eject the clip through the ejection port, making a loud “PING” noise whenever it hits something.

The Riyo was invented towards the tail end of the Ganymede Uprising, built to fill the gap between sniper rifle and automatic weapon. Like the Hiro, it comes with an impact and airburst mode. Impact is harder to hit enemies with, but it can deal more status effects. Airburst mode travels faster, but it doesn’t cause as much status and doesn’t have as much crit. Still, it’s good for forcing enemies out of cover.

The G2 often load these weapons with electric-damage gyrojets that hit enemies with less-lethal electric shocks. 

Augment: Shock Rockets

Replaces blast damage with guaranteed electric damage procs. Which means that yes, you can in fact build for corrosive and electric.

This fits in the Exilus slot because… Why not.

Artist Notes

The Grineer counterpart to this is likely the Chakkhurr. While the Riyo does less damage, and has less crit, the idea is that it more than makes up for it in terms of fire rate, reload, and status. Kinda like the Zagro, which I made earlier - except this isn’t a sniper rifle. This was an idea I’ve been toying with for about a year. I wanted to make a semiautomatic, Garand-inspired gyrojet carbine, but it just wasn’t working out. I couldn’t think of how to make zoom work. Eventually, I just gave up.

STATS

Fire Rate: 3
Magazine Size: 10

Reload Time: 2.0s

Impact

Damage: 200
80 Blast
60 Impact
45 Slash
15 Puncture
Crit Chance: 20%
Crit Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance: 44%
Blast Radius: 3m

Airburst

Damage 220 
130 Blast
90 Slash
Crit Chance: 16%
Crit Multiplier: 2.4x
Status Chance: 44%
Blast Radius: 4m

On 2019-01-25 at 2:00 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ganymede 'Hiro' Tactical Gyrojet Pistol

ganymede__hiro__tactical_rocket_pistol_b

"This Ganymedean sidearm - the constant companion of their security forces - is a recoilless sidearm built for use nullgrav and planetside. This particular model comes with an airburst mode, used to force enemies out of cover."
Primary Fire: Minirockets
Altfire: Airburst
Unique Traits:
      Gyrojet Rounds - Rounds explode on impact.
      Rangefinder - highlights enemies - even through cover, within short ranges - when zoomed in.

(As it worked so well last time, stats are at the bottom)

The standard sidearm of Ganymede's security forces - particularly those around the A Bao A Qu space elevator. In standard firing mode, this .51 caliber exotic pistol's rounds explode on impact with enemies, dealing 2-3 status effects per hit. However, tapping the altfire key will fire a slower-moving airburst round that explodes in proximity to enemies, using both propellant and explosive payload for a larger blast radius that forces enemies out of cover.

The projectiles are slow enough to work for nonlethal purposes, and their archaic and exotic fin-stabilized rocket propulsion method gives them incredible versatility in nullgrav combat situations. Rounds carrying an explosive payload of this magnitude, however, exist in something of a gray area for Ganymedean security forces. On the one hand, the airburst function, antimateriel capability, and undeniable use against Grineer, Corpus, and Infested ensure they'll always be in demand...

...On the other hand, direct hits with this weapon are horrific. And in situations like that, it's common to shell out a higher-velocity weapon. Still, the Hiro has its uses, and its unique features that make this seemingly unwieldy weapon feel that much smoother.

It loads through a stripper clip. You pull back the slide, place it above where the ejection port would typically be on a normal pistol, and slide the rounds in that way.

As a note: These rounds (at least in primary fire) actually act more like the Astilla's slugs, just with far less dropoff, and no falloff. This may not be the strongest launcher pistol, but it's the most controllable, the least likely to kill you, and it holds the most rounds.

Downside? It has a small blast radius in primary fire, and it's non-hitscan.

Notes
I figure this may be a surprise, but... yes. This is Warframe fanart. Really. At the moment, I'm working on an independent colony as inspired by Fortuna and Cetus, and I wanted to do something different with the weaponry. As opposed to making another modular system. I wanted to go for a unique, different aesthetic that would stand out in Warframe. And I figured that having a Space Glock as a cousin to the Lex would be cool. What with the Corpus making so many energy weapons, I probably wouldn't get one from them!

So I made it myself.

I figured that gyrojets hadn't been done before, so this made sense. And, the longer I thought about it, neither had glock pistols. The crit may be a bit high for a 37% status weapon, but... well, I thought it would be fun. That and this is non-hitscan and fires one projectile. I think it may need all the help it can get.

As it happens, the secondary fire wasn't even intentional. At first, anyway. I had the random thought that there was absolutely nothing stopping me from giving this airburst capability. And I realized, that this being Warframe, it made perfect sense in its own bizarre way that made no sense.

Stats:

Shared
Crit Chance: 18%
Crit Multiplier: 2.2x
Magazine Size: 7
Fire Rate: 3.0s
Reload Time: 2.8s
Recoil: NOPE

Primary Fire
Damage: 143
      Blast: 49
      Slash: 40
      Puncture: 21
      Impact: 29
Radius: 2.6m
Deals 60% of damage on initial hit, 40% in AoE.

Secondary Fire
Damage: 167
     Blast: 118
     Slash: 45
Radius: 4.2m

As inspired by how gyrojet guns work. Admittedly, the gyrojet carbine also used stripper clips instead of the Garand's en-bloc clip, but I couldn't resist the opportunity for GARAND PING.

There's also another rifle I have that's break-open and has GARAND PING, but that... I don't really feel like it entirely counts for what you're thinking here.

Gun volume between silent and alarm alarm:
There are mods that lower the volume of weapons by 25% / 50% / 75% / 100%.
I think I have never seen a weapon in Warframe that was between silent and alarming.
How about weapons that are half-soundproofed, so that you have to use a sniper rifle even at a higher distance in order not to be heard.

I've done that before too! 😛 It's not quite what you were thinking, but it's close.

Would be nice to use this sort of thing in a rifle later, but... I feel like I need a bit of a hiatus from semiauto battle rifles. I've made five by now.

On 2019-05-02 at 9:16 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Naga' Gas-Seal Revolver

tenno__naga__hunting_revolver_by_haruaxe

“Prey on their fear, move like an animal, and feel the kill with the gas-seal Naga revolver. Pace your fire rate for precise, silent shots, or fire rapidly to clear entire rooms.

STATS

Damage - 81
        Puncture - 41
        Slash - 27
        Impact - 13

Crit Chance - 26%
Crit multiplier - 2.6x
Status Chance - 14%
Capacity - 7
Reload Time - 1.8s
Fire Rate - 6.0
Trigger - Semi

special mechanics

Integral Suppressor - Waiting 0.8 seconds between shots will silence the next shot fired. This is represented by a charge-like icon within the reticle.
   (NOTE: This is not affected by Lethal Torrent. It just didn’t work. More on that later in artist notes)
Hunter’s Grip - Turns you invisible on stealth kills.
Hunter’s Scope - Scope in by pressing altfire! This adds +25% headshot damage and +25% crit damage.

LORE

The Naga was meant to combine the old-fashioned sensibilities of the Orokin, the need for high stopping power of the Tenno, and the growing usage of Tenno as silent assassins into one handcannon.

The result was the Naga Gas-seal Hunting Revolver. A powerful, heavy handgun the size of a small rifle, with an integral scope. Orokin arms research had rediscovered the fact that a fixed-cylinder revolver was capable of chambering the most powerful rounds, and somehow, the archimedians tasked with designing it came to the conclusion that the next logical step was to make a revolver that took itself apart, becoming a fixed-cylinder revolver. As such, the Naga comes with a reload that beggars belief, described below.

1. The metal pieces that hold the cylinder in place from the outside move backwards and forwards.
  2. The top of the revolver connecting the rear sight to the piece between barrel and cylinder moves upward.
  3. The user lets the spent cylinder fall out, and places a new one. The cylinder then uses an advanced Orokin something-or-other to align the closest chamber with the barrel.

It’s sort of like this. 

The Naga actually has more base damage than the Pandero because it has a longer barrel, and because it’s gas-seal like the Nagant revolver. For those of you who don’t know, gas seal revolvers cam the cylinder forward upon firing, closing the gap between cylinder and barrel. This allows you to silence a Nagant.

In that era towards the end of the war just before the Tenno “won,” where the fate of the Orokin Empire was uncertain, the Naga was well-known for silently eliminating entire strongholds, taking out guards while kidnapping the “young and exotic” for Yuvan, and culling the ranks of the early proto-corpus “Industrialists” that the Orokin grew to despise.

A legend from the Jovian system claims that one Tenno used this pistol to end a Jovian war of secession before it could even begin. (“Jovian” means “Jupiter”)

ARTIST NOTES

One thing I’ve always liked about Warframe is the way all their weapons have such unique silhouettes. You don’t have like three guns that all have the same M4-ish silhouette, you have a bunch of weapons you can almost instantly understand as being from one faction. And no two revolvers look alike. The Pandero and Magnus have particularly weird silhouettes for revolvers, for example.

And a lot of mine have looked… fairly normal. This is another one in that same trend. But - in my defense - I really wanted something that looked like a giant peacemaker with a scope. And I got one! Which is funny, because this is actually much more inspired by the Nagant.

Speaking of the Nagant and the fact that it can be silenced, I tried to make “Integral suppressor” work with lethal torrent, but either a) it was too breakable and would remove a unique mechanic, b), nobody would be able to enjoy it when they didn’t have enough mod space, or c) all of the above. While I don’t like having a totally unchangeable stat of a weapon, that’s nothing compared to how much I don’t like people being unable to enjoy a weapon without “investing” in it, so to speak. I want people to know before they get to rank 30 whether or not they like something. Which, funnily enough, is probably why it’s not so bad that my art computer got borked again. I didn’t want to do this just yet, I was hoping to pace myself out and do some more exotic stuff before returning to a Tenno pistol, but, my extremely accident-prone art computer just conked out. Thankfully, I’d been sitting on a finished design, so I might as well.

Of course, if they just Hydron it and don’t truly spend enough time with it, that’s not my fault.

The other main inspirations, by the way, were the B3 Wingman and its absurdly bizarre reload... and Doldren's KLT-13 revolver from Spacelords. The purple pistol grip was added as an homage to that.

On a final note, I have no idea how the hammer works. It’s definitely not side-mounted hammers, though. That would be silly.

• Like 1

WEEKEND RE-STAT
also known as:

STATTURDAY
(oh wait it's sunday)

So, remember the Dynamo pistols from awhile back?

tenno__dynamo__pistol_series_by_haruaxem

I got to doing some thinking about the kind of stats they'd have while I was taking a walk with mom and I came up with this for Dynamo Prime:

DYNAMO PRIME

"This pistol, capable of semiauto and burstfire, was built to strike a balance between the most desirable elements of Tenno sidearms - capacity, power, and quick reload. It excels through sheer flexibility in all situations."

Shared

Fire Rate: 6
Damage: 56
Magazine: 18
Reload: 1.7s

Burst:

Burst Count: 3
Status Chance: 38%
Critical chance: 12%
Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
30 Slash
18 Impact
8 Puncture

Semi

Status Chance: 12%
Critical chance: 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.6x
30 Puncture
18 Slash
8 Impact
Punch-Through: 0.4

Since most of us ignore sidearms from the earliest days of Warframe (the regular Vasto's numbers are... Not Great anymore) I'm thinking the regular Dynamo would basically be given to you around, say, Orb Vallis or Mars as something more powerful than whatever sidearm you have there, but less powerful than a lot of endgame-viable offerings. The idea here is that it has less damage than stuff like the Bellatrix or Akvasto Prime (and definitely less than the Depezador Prime, which is probably the third most powerful pistol on the thread) but should be able to keep pace.

Speaking of Bellatrix, I'm thinking I may need to include something to make it stand out a bit more. It never felt that distinguished. It feels like... just a semiauto... but we have a lot of pistols that're basically "just a semiauto."

Maybe something involving status.

Ah well, that's for later.

• Like 1