Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

On 2020-04-12 at 5:01 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Vulkodlak

“The Orokin tried to kill this wild, uncontrollable, ferocious Warframe. They succeeded. That only made it angrier.” 

_vulkodlak__tenno_warframe_by_haruaxeman

Codex

Vulkodlak was something of an early prototype for Valkyr. As it was often difficult to truly “create” or even “predict” the focus of a Frame at that time, the Orokin couldn’t have imagined what they would’ve created while morphing the technocyte nanomachines into this shape.

The result was a violent, brutal berserker that kept trying to kill itself… and failing. When the Myrmidon came to hunt it, they could never kill it. Not permanently. But its combat prowess was unrivaled - the Orokin sent the first Vulkodlak unit to destroy a Buyan Alliance stronghold on Neptune’s moons, confident that the population of an entire moon could destroy it, and likely lure the alliance into a false sense of security.

The first Vulkodlak unit did not act according to plan. It slaughtered the population of the entire moon, crippling the Buyan Alliance almost overnight and forcing their remnants to flee to the furthest-flung habitats at the far fringe of the Origin System.

With yet another push by the Sentients, Vulkodlak was accepted for mass production. And that’s where the problems began - Vulkodlak Frames would assault each other without provocation and were prone to violent outbursts against anything, whether or not they had a [REDACTED] present.

Eventually, they started attacking anything Orokin (save for their fellow Tenno) at the slightest provocation. As these attacks grew too frequent, the Orokin issued a Mass Recall, calling on the Tenno to launch a coordinated assault to destroy Vulkodlak Frames.

Legend has it, however, that at least one Vulkodlak survived and hid on Ganymede…

Their signature weapon was the ‘Poyang’ grenade launcher, favored for its use as both a grenade launcher and shotgun, its incendiary rounds, and its ability to inflict self-harm.

Acquisition:

Awhile ago, I came up with an open-world concept for Ganymede.  It would've been an open-world with a heavy lore element, and most of the weapons I've made (except the Infested and Sentient ones) would've been rewards from there. However, I lost the thread of that one (sorry) due to weariness with grind islands.

Why is this relevant?

Because a Vulkodlak Frame is a rare miniboss that spawns at night on Ganymede. And, to acquire its blueprints, you have to beat it in a fight.

Abilities

Passive 1: Desperation - The lower Vulkodlak's health is, the greater the damage he deals. This comes in stacks. 

Passive 2: Deathless - Vulkodlak has no shield.  However, his health is always regenerating. 

Passive 3: Hurt Me More - Vulkodlak receives self-damage instead of stagger. This is determined more by percentages of total health than base damage, though.

Passive 4: Pain Threshold - Reaching zero health releases a radial explosion.

Passive 5: Feed - Killing an enemy while downed has a chance to revive you.

Passive 6: Echoes of Umbra: Melee attacks enemies while SPOILER MODE.

1. Howl - Vulkodlak howls at a devastating volume, stunning enemies and opening them up to finishers. This can also do bleed damage. The lower his health, the louder this ability is. And the more range and duration it has. While comparable to Banshee’s 1, it’s actually more like a blast from an Arca Plasmor that does blast damage exclusively.

2. Savage - Pounces at nearby enemies, and consume their health. This has a cool down period in addition to energy cost.

3. Guard Dog: Simply aim in the general direction of a teammate and cast. This will give teammates an overshield, and slow Vulkodlak’s health regeneration to a crawl… while transferring the majority of damage received to Vulkodlak.  If the over shields receive enough damage, it’s transferred back to Vulkodlak, releasing the explosion from Passive 4. This can actually kill him, though.

4. Rampage:  Expend stacks from passive to painfully transform (Vulkodlak audibly screams in pain) into a werewolf (were-kubrow?) form. Brief three-second period of invulnerability on casting. That said, Vulkodlak loses health the longer he's in this form. His claws, however, come with lifesteal, and have higher status and range (but less crit) than Valkyr’s talons.

How To Use:

First off: Self-damage is back, at least for them. But, with Vulkodlak it’s more dependent on percentages of total health than base damage of weaponry. It’s more about giving you an easy way to build up Desperation than encouraging caution. As such, the ideal loadout for Vulkodlak would have at least one weapon with self-stagger equipped. While I’d personally prefer primaries like the Astilla or Zarr, a good backup secondary would be a Tombfinger kitgun, or the ‘Hiro’ sidearm I made up awhile back.

Probably the best weapon to maintain low health with Vulkodlak is his signature weapon, the Poyang, which leaves a pool of fire on whatever it hits. Just stand in that for more energy and more damage.

Secondly, if you don’t build him for Rage or Hunter Adrenaline, you are doing it wrong. 

While on paper, Vulkodlak may seem to be a better version of Valkyr, this is compensated due to the extreme risk of using Vulkodlak. For maximum effectiveness, Vulkodlak should always be close to death.

Plus, his 3 gives him a lot of synergy for teams. You could, hypothetically, use it to help teammates in an Orb fight or Eidolon hunt, but with his heavy melee focus, I don’t know how useful that is. It’d definitely help out in an Arbitration, Sortie, or high-level Nemesis mission.

Vulkodlak also has his own thread! Check it out HERE

So it's an "unwanted" Warframe, eh? One of daddy B's unloved pieces which was never actually meant to crawl out of the cradle? Atypical by pleaseing concept, a finger in the face of the Orokin's belief that they are perfect, to produce imperfection beyond the most basic of mistakes.

AH, did you take inspiration from the Chroma suit's original self-damageable ability?

Huh. . . are ALL of those passive meant to be on the suit, or, are they possibilities?

Overall, a fascinating proposal Herr Wolf, we have a bunch of energy resourcers, one shield resourcer, it is inevitable that we might receive one pure "health resourcer".

(shoulda thought all I needed was one good night of sleep and some time to research the latest model of my current laptop so I can actually play more then half my game collection.)

Edited by Unus

2 hours ago, Unus said:

So it's an "unwanted" Warframe, eh? One of daddy B's unloved pieces which was never actually meant to crawl out of the cradle? Atypical by pleaseing concept, a finger in the face of the Orokin's belief that they are perfect, to produce imperfection beyond the most basic of mistakes.

It was to the Orokin the what the Triple Take is to me in Apex. You don't want it at first, it's impractical, but it keeps coming back to you and eventually you have to just roll with it because you're not really swimming in choices.

Besides, Vulkodlak was nigh-indestructible to the Orokin, so in the fight against the Sentients that seemed like a pretty good idea. ALSO - the Buyan Alliance is going to come back in here SOON™. Got inspired by how apparently, Holsom Yurr was only allowed to attack non-Orokin ships, which got me curious - just who was he allowed to attack, I wonder...

(It involves some retconning of the people that made Dziewanna and the Uhlan. There are now no longer any Orokin influences in what created their habitat. Apologies for retcon, but I feel pretty good about what I'm about to change 😛)

2 hours ago, Unus said:

AH, did you take inspiration from the Chroma suit's original self-damageable ability?

Surprisingly no - I barely ever play Chroma, so I didn't know about it until self-damage got removed. The original concept here was just "Loaht from Spacelords," cause I loved the idea of Loaht's berserker state being something fed by continuous hits - from enemies or from you. And that's why the Poyang is back and it's Vulkodlak's Signature Gun. And probably the only Signature Gun that could ever get primed*. It's also why Loaht Vulkodlak's third ability is basically Sööma's ability from Spacelords.

wanted to include that somewhere, but... Well, it just worked with Vulkodlak's ability to take damage, so it made sense at the time.

(*If you're reading this DE, do not prime the Knell or Pandero. It will not end well.)

Speaking of which, there's definitely more Spacelords guns I can shamelessly rip off. (We're at five by now, not counting the one that's basically just Iune's Blink!)

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Huh. . . are ALL of those passive meant to be on the suit, or, are they possibilities?

Yes, they're all meant to be there. The rest are meant to encourage the kind of high-risk, high-reward, all-or-nothing close-up play you get from Krieg in Borderlands 2.

Well, everything except Pain Threshold. After @keikogi and I had a talk, I realized that Pain Threshold was the least necessary of all of them.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Overall, a fascinating proposal Herr Wolf, we have a bunch of energy resourcers, one shield resourcer, it is inevitable that we might receive one pure "health resourcer".

The funny thing is, again, I never thought of it - I just wanted someone that was, again, just Loaht. Funny to think of it being that much of a standout.

And, well, "wolf" is in the name - a werewolf frame was nigh inevitable.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

Grineer 'Grozza' SMG

grineer__grozza__smart_smg_by_fluffywolf

“Those things may seem inaccurate, but not so much once they fire that grenade of theirs. The bullets are going to track to anything in the blast radius, so once you hear that “THOOP” run like Void and don’t look back.
—Tech-Sergeant Lovis Eddralder, Bek Corporation Bootcamp (Located on Callisto)

A prototype from the Harkonar Production Zone, the Grozza bullpup is essentially a little brother to their Buzlok smart rifle project. Where the Buzlok transforms one round into a tag, the Grozza uses a grenade to tag enemies for a swarm of homing flechettes.

Grozza SMG

The Grozza itself is a bullpup SMG firing non-hitscan flechettes at extremely high RoF.  It’s best described by its relationship to its big brother, the Buzlok - where that focuses on precision damage, suppression, and long-range fire support, the Grozza is designed for close encounters. Its maneuverable bullpup frame makes it extraordinarily portable in the close confines of Corpus ships, and its tag grenade function makes it extremely useful in breaching operations, allowing it to clear entire rooms without concerns like “aiming” or “accuracy.” 

While the tag grenade is active, there is a 18% chance for rounds to continue after hitting a tagged enemy, impacting another enemy hit by the grenade.

It gets extremely inaccurate after sustained fire, but - considering the under barrel launcher - that isn’t much of an issue.

‘Tizna’ Launcher

Instead of a tag round, the Grozza fires a grenade from its underbarrel ‘Tizna’ Launcher, a highly simplified derivative of the Tenno ‘Equis’ launcher using a platform that was once a Tonkor. It doesn’t have the capacity or airburst ability of the Equis, but it is simple enough for the Grineer to build.

The munitions in the ‘Tizna’ equipped on the Grozza saturate enemies with a unique form of radiation. The Grozza’s smart flechettes will then home in on enemies affected by this radiation. While the launcher has much more room for error then the Buzlok’s tag rounds, it simply doesn’t have the single-target-damage capability of the Buzlok. Due to the simplicity and inefficiency of the Tizna’s onboard manufactory, the grenade can only be fired every five seconds. And, for game balance reasons, you can’t fire another Tizna grenade while enemies are currently tagged by the previous one.

Grineer armed with this weapon can be a nightmare for Tenno - if you hear the THOOP of a Grozza’s grenade, run or go all-out on enemies that have this. That, or switch to melee and block - you can possibly reflect it back towards other Grineer that way!

This doesn't work with auto-block though. That would be disgusting.

Artist Notes:

Playing a lot - and I mean a lot - of Borderlands 3 had me wondering about homing weapons in Warframe. Specifically, Atlas Q-systems. If you have never touched one…

Why?

Seriously, it’s one of the best assault rifle types you could ever hope to have. I don’t get it. I genuinely think you’re doing something wrong if you’ve never picked up an Atlas Q-system.

Atlas has several mediums for tracking enemies. There’s tracker darts, which work kind of like the Buzlok but in shotgun form to keep us from aiming for the head and melting them. Except I do that anyway. There’s the Tracker Puck, which sticks to enemies and homes in on other, nearby enemies. It’s considerably harder to hit the head with this one, but I do it anyway. And there’s the tracker grenade, which is… relatively impractical when you consider Borderlands’ focus on headshots.

I genuinely feel like the tracker grenade would work better in Warframe. Headshots are Helpful here, sure, but your total DPS isn’t as dependent on them in WF. And that’s what the Grozza is for - importing the grenade Q-system into this game.

Stats

Shared:
Fire Rate: 17
Magazine: 90
Reload Time: 3.0s

SMG
Trigger: Auto Spool
Fire Rate:
    Unspooled: 8
    Spooled: 20
Spool period: 9 rounds
Damage: 45
23 Impact
17 Slash
5 Puncture
Crit Chance: 13%
Crit Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 40%
Damage Falloff: 
    Full Damage to 24m
    Min Damage at 52m
   50% Max Reduction

Launcher
Trigger: Semi
Fire Rate: n/a
Recharge Time: 4s
Damage: 5 Radiation
Crit Chance: 1%
Crit Multiplier: 1.2x
Status Chance: 1%
Blast Radius: 4m
Duration: 20s max

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 3

Grineer 'Sigul' Flaregun Revolver

grineer__sigul__flare_revolver_by_fluffy

Grineer ‘Sigul’ Flare Pistol

“Before the newest Infestation outbreak, this Grineer flaregun was a survival tool. In a sense, it still is.”

Special Traits: 
Guaranteed Heat Procs on direct hits

Sticky Mode: Increases damage by 5% on an enemy for each round ‘stuck’ to an enemy.

The Sigul is a Grineer take on the flaregun, and thus it has all the traits one would expect of a Grineer weapon - loud, oversized, questionably overengineered, and much more lethal than it should be.

This particular Sigul model was redesigned after several early encounters with Infested on Earth - one Grineer platoon, running low on ammo, found themselves fighting the Infested with flareguns. As Infested are extremely vulnerable to heat, this worked out extremely well. The Ceres-based Corba Production Zone then rebuilt the Sigul according to the wishes of the survivors, including a remote-detonation mechanism similar to the Kulstar, and a four-round revolver cylinder.

It loads by swinging the barrel and cylinder off to the side - like a top-break revolver, but sideways instead of upwards. Or, if you’re wondering, it’s just like that revolver from Deus Ex.

It’s loud and unsubtle, but nobody ever expected Grineer weaponry to be anything but. For Grineer officers that desire a weapon with a little bit more intimidation value and simplicity than a Marelok or Kraken, who find custom weapons such as the Seer far outside their price range, the Sigul is a popular and cost-effective choice.

It has its downsides, though. Unlike its counterpart, the Kulstar, the Sigul can’t fire underwater, and its rounds have noticeable drop-off.

Near misses with the Sigul’s flares will deal heat damage enemies and have a chance to ignite them - basically, think of this like a combination of a grenade launcher and a Plasmor, but with a much smaller projectile. They act sort of like plasmor projectiles until they make direct hits with an enemy, at which point they explode and deal guaranteed incendiary damage.

It also comes with a remote-detonating “sticky” mode. Upon activation, the flares will stick to nearby surfaces. They can be remotely detonated either by reloading, or tapping the alt fire key again.

For each sticky on an enemy, the damage of each successive explosion increases by 5%.

STATS

Trigger: Semiauto
Noise: Alarming
Fire rate: 2
Magazine: 4
Reload: 2.8s

Flare Impact:
Damage: 140
Crit Chance: 11%
Crit Multiplier: 1.9x
Status Chance: 33%
Damage Falloff:
    Full Damage up to 30m
    Min Damage at 60m
    50% Max Reduction
Accuracy Falloff: 
Full accuracy up to 45m

Flare Explosion:

Damage: 210 
Crit Chance: 11%
Crit Multiplier: 1.9x
Satus Chance: 33%
Blast Radius: 3.5m

Artist Notes:

Whooo, boy. I’ve been sitting on this for a long time. I’ve wanted to make something like this for awhile - Infested are vulnerable to heat, and the Grineer adapting a flaregun for use against them made perfect sense to me.

A Grineer flaregun revolver always felt to me like the only way I could make a Grineer revolver work - every gimmick I could think of for revolvers (silenced, has a shotgun and a crit combo multiplier) felt more Tenno. Admittedly, the Estampida totally could have been Grineer, it’s slow, overpowered, and non-hitscan, but I just really wanted a Trigun reference. 

I like Trigun.

Originally, this was going to have five shots, but, well, I did that already with the Plasmoid. (And yes, the cylinder is a reference to Hellboy.)

It’s possible I may have hobbled this a lot by making it more of a grenade launcher than a pistol, but I have at least two other pistols that are functionally the same as rocket launchers, and for that matter so does Warframe. I wanted to do something different.

NOTE: Of every non-hitscan heavy pistol I’ve made, here’s a list of them arranged in velocity from slowest to fastest. Just so I can get that off my chest. 

1. Sigul - But arguably the most powerful.
  2. Vos Plasmoid - travels at roughly the same speed as the EPG from Titanfall 2.
  3. Hiro: Has the best status of all of them - and it travels at the same speed as your average Dahl pistol. Definitely the most well-rounded. On that note, I’m seriously wondering if this hit the right niche for power. Has the best fire rate of them. And no recoil.)
  4. Estampida - the fastest! Travels at whatever speed the Wingman Elite from Titanfall 2 does. It doesn’t have the raw damage of any of these (except possibly the Hiro. Maybe. I mean, that one has a lot of status) but it’s the easiest to hit headshots with it. And it has the best headshots.
  • Like 2

Really nice stuff Fluffy!

I do really like the idea of the Grineer making a relative of the Buzlok and one that is meant for groups rather than single targets.

The Sigul looks pretty fun and and there aren't many revolvers in warframe with elemental damage.

• Like 1

Just now, Neo3602 said:

Really nice stuff Fluffy!

Thanks so much, dood! 

13 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

I do really like the idea of the Grineer making a relative of the Buzlok and one that is meant for groups rather than single targets.

Honestly, it's funny to me that this specific gimmick (Just google Atlas parts guide and look for the one from Agent Lomax) actually works better in Warframe. Everything in Borderlands revolves around headshots pretty heavily (And, well, with Q-systems equipped with the launcher, who knows what enemy the bullets will hit!) but Warframe's a bit more horde mode and there's much more ways to kill something that don't depend on headshots.

1 minute ago, Neo3602 said:

The Sigul looks pretty fun and and there aren't many revolvers in warframe with elemental damage.

There's the Plinx, but... I do not like the Plinx. It's got great crit, but I have stuff in my inventory with more than double the base damage at least, (that's the Akvasto Prime) or quintuple the status (Aklex Prime, Akmagnus) and stuff that is the Pandero.

I really, really, really enjoy revolvers and will gravitate towards them in games no matter how absurd it seems, even if I have to use a non-hitscan version as a primary in a game where everyone uses ridiculous SMGs and assault rifles. Then I'll get an impossible cross-map kill with one, or land a collateral. This has really happened.

I've always hoped that the various revolvers (And 7-shot gyrojet pistol) I've made scratch some kind of itch for players. The Makina (I should really balance that thing's damage - I feel like it lags behind the Pandero a bit too much) is meant to be a revolver that rewards headshots and precise shooting, the Naga is meant to be a hip-holstered sniper rifle (Some balance may be required there), the Depezador is meant to reward frenetic, fast-paced kills and work at all ranges, and the Estampida is meant to be a slow, unforgiving, but deceptively useful pocket sniper rifle. 

I'm glad you like this! I figured it'd be fun, and, well... using weaponized flare guns in videogames is always pretty fun.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Sticky Mode: Increases damage by 5% on an enemy for each round ‘stuck’ to an enemy.

Totaly not a torgue gun 

On 2020-05-02 at 2:36 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

‘Tizna’ Launcher

Instead of a tag round, the Grozza fires a grenade from its underbarrel ‘Tizna’ Launcher, a highly simplified derivative of the Tenno ‘Equis’ launcher using a platform that was once a Tonkor. It doesn’t have the capacity or airburst ability of the Equis, but it is simple enough for the Grineer to build.

The munitions in the ‘Tizna’ equipped on the Grozza saturate enemies with a unique form of radiation. The Grozza’s smart flechettes will then home in on enemies affected by this radiation. While the launcher has much more room for error then the Buzlok’s tag rounds, it simply doesn’t have the single-target-damage capability of the Buzlok. Due to the simplicity and inefficiency of the Tizna’s onboard manufactory, the grenade can only be fired every five seconds. And, for game balance reasons, you can’t fire another Tizna grenade while enemies are currently tagged by the previous one.

Grineer armed with this weapon can be a nightmare for Tenno - if you hear the THOOP of a Grozza’s grenade, run or go all-out on enemies that have this. That, or switch to melee and block - you can possibly reflect it back towards other Grineer that way!

I originally tought this would turn of gameplay to much but mesa exist so this is probably fine ( also Kuva boomstick as well) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Totaly not a torgue gun 

It was unavoidable, really. :P Had to be done.

Part of me actually really wants to include the Jakobs ricochet gimmick at some point, but it didn't feel like a good idea. Same for Tediore-reload guns. It's too much of a Borderlands thing for me to seriously consider.

Besides, I already made a revolver that causes explosions on headshots, so that's close enough.

11 minutes ago, keikogi said:

I originally tought this would turn of gameplay to much but mesa exist so this is probably fine ( also Kuva boomstick as well) 

Kuva what now?

As for game balance, well... TTK in this game is tiny. I feel like we're probably fine. Think of this as less of a doom-causing miniboss and more of something that encourages you not to stand unprotected in enemy fire. As long as you have Frost Prime, Limbo, Mesa's shatter shield, a melee weapon set to block, some kind of short-range teleport, SPOILER mode, a good sense of audio cues, you're probably fine. 

As long as I don't give this to a miniboss or have a miniboss whose arena uses this as a mechanic, or create a miniboss who has an auto grenade launcher that fires these, we're probably good.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Part of me actually really wants to include the Jakobs ricochet gimmick at some point, but it didn't feel like a good idea. Same for Tediore-reload guns. It's too much of a Borderlands thing for me to seriously consider.

Had an idea for a tediore gun that fits for warframe, when I was desining Arachene I tought of a wrist mounted spider that spits web and reloads  thoewing the wrist one and getting a new spider egg on the pouch.( look at the spiderlings pitch for an idea of what I was going for ). If you want to do it I think the best way to do it etiher a cephalon weapon that turns into a floating  gun ( either wrist mounted or a big launcher ) or a sentient gun that turn into a Brachiolist 

The ricochet one probably fits on any tenno revolver 

Kuva what now?

Kuva Bramma 

As for game balance, well... TTK in this game is tiny. I feel like we're probably fine. Think of this as less of a doom-causing miniboss and more of something that encourages you not to stand unprotected in enemy fire. As long as you have Frost Prime, Limbo, Mesa's shatter shield, a melee weapon set to block, some kind of short-range teleport, SPOILER mode, a good sense of audio cues, you're probably fine. 

I was likis really more powerfull than any of the powerfull lauchers or AOE weipping skills , probably it is weaker. 

As long as I don't give this to a miniboss or have a miniboss whose arena uses this as a mechanic, or create a miniboss who has an auto grenade launcher that fires these, we're probably good.

Depending on the availible cover on the stage it might be fine. 

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

REAL REVOLVER HOURS WHOMST UP

Due to some... concerns I raised while I was balancing the Sigul, some changes are in order for several revolvers I've made.

Makina revolver

Critical Chance: Buffed to 23% 
Critical Multiplier: Buffed to 2.4x
Status Chance is now 26%

Headshot multiplier has been removed. I already have plenty of revolvers that have a headshot multiplier, this... didn't need one.

On 2019-10-12 at 5:53 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno ‘Makina’ Revolver

tenno__makina__revolver_by_haruaxeman_dd

"This sleek, streamlined Tenno revolver cuts through crowds with ease, causing massive explosions on headshots.

The Makina was created during a strange transitional period for the Orokin. It was as the Orokin were at something close to the height of their power… but there were some things fraying, all the same. The Archimedean who created it had the time and resources to stylize it so, and to give this revolver its unique powers, but they were never able to make a Primed version. As was common. They saw the pressure to create a weapon without the gold accents and stylization as a unique challenge, never really questioning it.

That would change eventually.

Using an electroencephalographic process similar to the Tollen marksman carbine, the Makina causes deadly explosions on headshots, which can cause up to two status effects per shot. While not possessing the one-shot devastation of the Depezador, the burst damage of the Pandero, the subtlety of the Naga, or the raw power of the Estampida, the Makina’s ability to control crowds and rip through Infested hordes allowed it to stand on near-equal ground with each of those weapons.

It uses a unique barrel that magnetically accelerates (and irradiates) its bullets, giving it considerable amounts of radiation damage. In fact, it’s possible - not likely, but possible - to turn crowds of enemies against each other with a single headshot from the Makina.

The cylinder springs out at a 45 degree angle to the main frame of the revolver, much like a Russian OTS-38.

stats
Trigger: 
Semi

Magazine: 7
Damage: 73
26 Radiation
22 Impact
16 Puncture
9 Slash
Fire Rate: 9.2
Critical Chance: 23%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
Status Chance: 26%
Blast Radius: 3.2m
Reload Time: 2s

Special Traits: 

Brainstormer: On headshots, releases 275 radiation damage in a 3.2m radial explosion. This does not affect the original headshotted enemy, but they. (It's not a good idea!) 

Artist Notes:

Alright. Full disclosure, Warframe’s numbers are so… odd that I genuinely wouldn’t have much of an idea of what to do here. This… probably does less damage than the Pandero, taking into account the Pandero’s extra crit, but this has better status. It has crit capabilities slightly below the regular Vasto, below the Depezador,  

The original idea for this was a regular explosive revolver, but Spacelords happened. And I found that they have this one semi auto rifle that causes explosive damage on headshots.

That was perfect as a revolver. 

The design here is inspired mostly by classic rayguns! There’s some incidental similarities to Jakobs revolvers from Borderlands 3, but there’s a reason for that - I was taking some inspiration from percussion-cap revolvers, and I tried to smooth it over and found a raygun-like silhouette.

I just decided to roll with it.

Naga Gas-Seal Revolver

To make balancing this easier, Hunter's Scope has just been given 40% headshot damage. Headshot damage and critical damage felt too fiddly.

On 2019-05-02 at 9:16 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Naga' Gas-Seal Revolver

tenno__naga__hunting_revolver_by_haruaxe

“Prey on their fear, move like an animal, and feel the kill with the gas-seal Naga revolver. Pace your fire rate for precise, silent shots, or fire rapidly to clear entire rooms.

STATS

Damage - 81
        Puncture - 41
        Slash - 27
        Impact - 13

Crit Chance - 26%
Crit multiplier - 2.6x
Status Chance - 14%
Capacity - 7
Reload Time - 1.8s
Fire Rate - 6.0
Trigger - Semi

special mechanics

Integral Suppressor - Waiting 0.8 seconds between shots will silence the next shot fired. This is represented by a charge-like icon within the reticle.
   (NOTE: This is not affected by Lethal Torrent. It just didn’t work. More on that later in artist notes)
Hunter’s Grip - Turns you invisible on stealth kills.
Hunter’s Scope - Scope in by pressing altfire! This adds +40% headshot damage

Depezador PRIME

Actually, this one is fine. But there were some minor changes to be made:

1. The cryotic shotgun blast is now recharged by headshots. It takes three headshots in a row to refill it.
2. The shotgun has 9 pellets now.
3. Status Chance per pellet is now 15%.

On 2019-01-26 at 11:54 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno "Depezador" Magnum Revolver

depezador_prime__2019_rework__by_haruaxe
"The quintessential officer's handgun of the Old War. High critical-damage revolver with a 9-round cylinder built around a central single-shot shotgun barrel."
STATS
Primary Fire: Laser-sliced magnum rounds
Damage
: 69
    slash: 40
    puncture: 11
    impact: 18
Critical Chance: 32%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance: 13%
Magazine Size: 9 (+1 shotgun)
Fire Rate: 4.4 rounds per second
Reload: 1.4s

Special Traits
Adds +18% critical damage on headshots up to 5 times.

Secondary Fire: Cryotic Buckshot
Damage: 700
    Cold: 453
    Impact: 170
    Puncture: 77
Pellets: 9
Magazine Size: 1
Fire Rate: N/A
Status Chance Per Pellet: 15%
Critical Chance: 11%
Critical Multiplier: 3.6x
Punch-Through: 1.0m

• Like 1

7 hours ago, keikogi said:

Had an idea for a tediore gun that fits for warframe, when I was desining Arachene I tought of a wrist mounted spider that spits web and reloads  thoewing the wrist one and getting a new spider egg on the pouch.( look at the spiderlings pitch for an idea of what I was going for ). If you want to do it I think the best way to do it etiher a cephalon weapon that turns into a floating  gun ( either wrist mounted or a big launcher ) or a sentient gun that turn into a Brachiolist 

...Also, I never got to saying this, but these are really cool ideas.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

...Also, I never got to saying this, but these are really cool ideas.

Thx

You can even do the standard tediore reload with a infeates gun. Make it have a huge acid sac on a wrist mounted weapon reloading the weapon deals acid damage bases on the magazine. A set of small " roots " of the gun drawn health from the warframe to rebuild it.

15 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

The "Depezador PRIME" could almost be the prime version of the "Magnus", the type of damage would vote.

Prime is in allcaps cause I like this one. 😛 I have been wondering where Akmagnus Prime is for awhile now...

It's worth mentioning, I actually statted it to be a mid-road between Akvasto Prime and Pandero (though this was before the Pandero's status and crit multiplier got nerfed). The idea behind it was that you're meant to build up long chains of headshots, and the shotgun is meant to give you some breathing room when enemies get too close - or to slow them for an easy headshot with primary fire.

...I guess headshots with the shotgun also add to the combo now.

This wasn't what I intended, but it makes sense now.

15 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

We have a strong revolver shutgun from the Kuva Lichs, but the combination sounds very stylish.

Though it's worth mentioning the Prime is actually more like the Battacor than a revolver shotgun - it's a fairly normal revolver with limited charges of altfire. And altfire is just a shotgun.

14 hours ago, keikogi said:

You can even do the standard tediore reload with a infeates gun. Make it have a huge acid sac on a wrist mounted weapon reloading the weapon deals acid damage bases on the magazine. A set of small " roots " of the gun drawn health from the warframe to rebuild it.

You're welcome!

And honestly, you're right - an Infested gun is probably the only way the throwable reload would make that much sense.

31 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

And honestly, you're right - an Infested gun is probably the only way the throwable reload would make that much sense.

It is not outside of the corpus to make a gun that can't reload ( something like those disposables cameras we had like 15 years ago) but the reload would not make sense like it does on borderlands , would be neat for enemies a gun with a set number of shots for really poor crewman. The grineer could do them to for suicide troops but once again the reload does not quite make sense. The infested guns can skirt around the issue because thr Hema established that infested guns can drawn biomass from the user.

Sentient guns make sense for turret/pet reload because well they are sentient also the recent track record for sentient guns is they are weird and have reload gimicks. Even bad shiet insane mechanics like a bow ( 2 sentient bone as structure and a sentient core in the model ) that equips itself on your sentinel when you swap to your melee weapon or secondary is not outside of the realm of possibility with them.

20 minutes ago, keikogi said:

It is not outside of the corpus to make a gun that can't reload ( something like those disposables cameras we had like 15 years ago) but the reload would not make sense like it does on borderlands , would be neat for enemies a gun with a set number of shots for really poor crewman.

Oh yeah, I remember those. 

But honestly my issue is more because the throwable reload.... just feels so borderlands. Like it'd be even more shameless if I exported it here.

31 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Sentient guns make sense for turret/pet reload because well they are sentient also the recent track record for sentient guns is they are weird and have reload gimicks. Even bad shiet insane mechanics like a bow ( 2 sentient bone as structure and a sentient core in the model ) that equips itself on your sentinel when you swap to your melee weapon or secondary is not outside of the realm of possibility with them.

...I love all of these things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Oh yeah, I remember those. 

But honestly my issue is more because the throwable reload.... just feels so borderlands. Like it'd be even more shameless if I exported it here.

Because The whole weapon materualzing on your hand is common place in borderlands , Idk I thing it's called digistruture technology or something like that. Technically speaking you can achieve the same result using teleportatation but corpus teleportation is not quite there ( needs a beacon and probably requires time to adjust the coordinates ). Tenno teleportation is feasible but it seems like a unreliable and overconvoluted way to reload a gun ( also their stick is simple guns because you can't hack like  a boom stick or piece of metal , but I'm not saying that the piece of metal can't have a mono molecular edge ). Thr only faction that would ever come up with nonsense like that was something like the personal weapon of an orokin that could be bothered to reload his weapon so he deviced such a nonsensical system of throwing away a expensive weapon and teleporting in a new one ( btw I really mean a orokin weapon like the claws the can send jade light refered on the ivara shirt story ). While this is possible it is massive strech.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

love all of these things.

Thx !!!

I was initially disapoited by the initial showing of sentient weapon ( the lack of especial charge attack on the war breaks my heart to this day ) but the basmu and shedu are really interesting and I hope they keep the whole either force reload for an interesting effect or fire until you have 1 round in the magazinr for maximum dps.

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

On 2020-05-05 at 5:34 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Headshot multiplier now reduced to +30% to emphasize crowd control ability. In hindsight I question having this.
Enemies receive all status effects dealt by the explosion. I couldn't resist.

Headshot bonus on this thing has now been removed, to allow original targets to be affected by the original explosion. It's more fun that way and encourages more headshots. Though for now, let's just say that the original explosion has reduced effect on the original target.

The next two updorts will be:

1. A rifle from Dziewanna (I've really, really, grown to like the Charge Rifle from Apex Legends, so it's literally just that). This... may or may not include actual explanation of Dziewanna. And if so, definitely a retcon. Sorry, dood.

2. An Umbral Ayatan entry, linking to a new thread.

Haven't decided which one comes next.

Dziewana 'Dzida' Particle Beam

dziewana__dzida__beam_sniper_by_fluffywo

“They call it the Dzida. We call it the Tracer. When you see that beam touch anything, get out of the way. The coyos in Artifact Storage don’t know how it works yet, but it overloads things with particles or radiation or whatever until they explode. If you’re deploying some of those big Raknoids from Venus that we got from Anyo Corp, they’re pretty much impossible for a Tracer to miss.”

Kobus Fong, Corpus Tech-Colonel First Class - overheard during a briefing to Corpus Mergners and Acquisitions Forces.

The simplest way to explain it is that it works almost exactly like the Charge Rifle from Apex Legends. Also, it sounds kinda like this.

Known to Corpus troops as “The Tracer,” this Dziewanan particle beam rifle fires a stream of unstable quasiparticles that cause catastrophic excitation in matter until it explodes. Upon pulling the trigger, the weapon fires a lower-damage beam that deals six ticks per second, until firing a higher-intensity shot.

Upon the final damage segment impacting anything save for the megastructure of Dziewana, it will release a 1-meter explosion. 

Unlike most Dziewanan weapons, the one does not feed from a recharging mag. Sort of. It still deals heat damage to users when fired while overheated, and adds bonus heat damage to the beam while overheated. But - due to the complexity of its firing mechanism - it requires a disposable heat sink to use.

You reload it by exchanging the heat sink for a new one. It excels at single-target damage, especially when the target in question is very, very large - such as Eidolons and other Sentient forms, large Infested forms, or even Orbs.

Overclocking this weapon is considerably riskier. It’s liable to overheat mid-charge, dealing noticeable damage to the user, rendering it inoperable for 2 seconds… before reloading.

Common perception of the Dzida among Tenno Alliance personnel is that while it’s easy to use, it’s difficult to master - it doesn’t have the immediate damage of an Opticor Vandal, Rubico Prime, Vectis Prime, Harken,  or Zagro, and it requires sustained streams of damage… While it also doesn’t have the raw power of a Luxor Forge-built Opticor or Lanka. 

Its advocates point out that if anything, the Dzida’s auto-charge trigger is much more comfortable to use than the latter two, and holding down the trigger while aiming at an enemy isn’t really that different, is it?

A Dzida that lands every hit of a single burst is truly a force to be reckoned with. It also has perfect hipfire accuracy!

Dziewana “Dzida” Charged Particle Sniper Rifle
STATS
Trigger: Auto Charge
Magazine: 4
Reserve Ammo: 80
Overheat Period - 1-3 shots (these don’t consume ammo)
Reload Time: 2.7s
Zoom Levels: 
    2x zoom (+25% Headshot Damage) 
    4.5x zoom (+50% Headshot Damage)
Punch-Through: 1.5m

Overheat Period - 1-3 shots
Cooldown Period - 2.0s
Overheat Damage - +10% Heat Damage

Beam Attacks (fires immediately)

Duration: 1s
Ticks: 6
Damage per tick: 12 Radiation (72 damage total)
Critical Chance: 50% 
Critical Multiplier: 2.3x
Status Chance: 24%

NOTE: This will still consume ammo if you cancel it.

Charged Attacks (fires after 6 ticks)

Ammo Consumption: 1
Damage: 144 Radiation
Critical Chance: 50%

Area Attacks

Damage:
40 Heat
60 Radiation
Critical Chance: 50%
Radius: 1m

Artist Notes

Respawn probably can’t sue me for this. Yes, I used the Titanfall 1 Charge Rifle to look at the silhouette. So, full disclosure, this is sort of a mash up of the Prothean Particle Rifle, (for aesthetic) the Q-Beam from Prey, and some of the Warmind weapons from Destiny 2 (Sleeper Simulant, IKELOS_HC_V). And the functionality is exactly like the Charge Rifle from Apex Legends.

For some reason, I’ve always totally failed to describe the way the Charge Rifle works, so if anything was unclear, go check out Frothy’s video on how it works. (We’ve talked before, he’s nice.) 

Originally, I was planning to have the Dzida’s damage increase based on how long the beam “traces” an enemy, but then it was like “I’m making a weapon, not a minigame” and it was giving me a headache. I… am not good enough at math to make that work. Be glad you have the stats at all. The heat sink is sort of a compromise between Dziewanna’s rechargeable battery mags and how snipers work - I knew from the beginning that a sniper with infinite ammo was probably not a good idea.

Also, it was called the Iovec, but then I forgot what “Iovec” meant. Speaking of which, “Dzida” means “spear.”

This way seem different from earlier creations, but Dziewana weapons were always meant to look angular, short, heavy, almost brutalist, but skeletonize in some ways. I’m trying to refine the aesthetic here by opening up a little more design space for the upcoming SMG and pistol I want to do (And whatever bizarre thing I plan to do next. A launcher would be cool).

Original plans here were to have the crit go higher than 50, but I discovered very quickly that it’d be too easy for rivens to take it over 200% crit chance. I… am reasonably sure that’s a bad idea.

• Like 3

UPDATE:
The Euston has received some minor stat tweaks to bring it more in line with both the Fulmin and Avakan Prime. These were mostly focused on its ability to deal status. Because otherwise, it would just be a better Fulmin. This way, the Fulmin will have better crit and hit harder, but the Euston will hit more often.

Also, the Avakan was designed to be slower and more powerful than the Euston, so... it's best if the Euston isn't too close to it.

Euston Rifle: 
Damage: 26 --> 28

Equis Launcher:

On 2019-11-24 at 7:22 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Euston' Assault Rifle/Grenade Launcher

tenno__euston__assault_rifle_grenade_lau

Tenno Euston’ Assault Rifle

One of the Avakan’s rivals for the Tenno arsenal, the Euston is the first (and, likely only) Tenno assault rifle with an integrated launcher. The launcher in question is the Tenno ‘Equis’ launcher.

The Euston Rifle:

The Euston direct-impingement rifle fires lower-caliber, armor-piercing high-crit rounds. Its high rate of fire is both its greatest strength and greatest weakness. This gives it massive utility as a crowd control weapon, overwhelming enemies through sheer volume of fire.

…Perhaps too much volume of fire.

If ever there was a weapon in this game that you’d want to fire in short controlled bursts, it’s this.  Compared to Avakan Prime, it works much better as a crowd-control weapon than a single-target weapon. It has more rounded stats, but less superlative stats. And less base damage. And less crit.

It does, however, have much better RoF than most other Tenno rifles.

Equis’ Launcher:

The ‘Equis’ is a mid-late Old War-era shotgun/launcher hybrid (and likely ancestor of the Zarr) built to cut down on the materials cost of the Poyang. As it was much smaller than the Poyang, Tenno would frequently saw off the stock and most the barrel to create an oversized sidearm.

The Equis, in this configuration, holds three airbursting incendiary warheads that explode within 1 meter of an enemy.  The initial explosion does blast damage and heat damage.

To cut down on logistical issues and prevent Tenno from being covered in ammo, the Euston uses an onboard manufactory to create munitions for its underbarrel launcher. This unfortunately means it can’t fire as a shotgun, and also means it can’t be manually reloaded. Because of reasons, firing the launcher also consumes one ammo unit from the primary magazine. I have no idea how this works but that’s beside the point.

It takes 3.5 seconds per round to regenerate the ammunition in the Euston’s launcher’s mag. The grenade launcher is a separate fire mode in the vein of the Argonak or Stradavar’s select-fire, not something activated by just tapping the alt fire button.

Regeneration happens within one second of switching back to rifle mode. Speaking of which, firing from an empty ‘Equis’ redirects you back to rifle mode.

The airburst mode, if you’re wondering, is so you can happily add punch-through to the rifle without wrecking the grenade mode. You’ll… get some weird results if you shoot through cover… but overall, I prefer this over the complete negation of adding Primed Shred.

Rifle:

Magazine: 60
Trigger: Auto
Fire Rate: 13
Damage: 28
16 Puncture
10 Slash
2 Impact
Critical Chance: 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.6x
Reload: 2s
Ammo Pool: 540

‘Equis’ Launcher:

Magazine: 3
Ammo Pool: n/a
Trigger: Semi
Damage: 400 (NOTE: Impacting on enemies isn’t counted here.)
250 Blast
150 Heat
Crit Chance: 16%
Crit Multiplier: 2.8x
Status Chance: 33%
Radius: 4.0m
Fire Rate: 2
Rebuild Time: 3.5s per round (10.5s total)

NOTE: Firing from an empty ‘Equis’ redirects you back to rifle mode. 

Artist Notes:

Originally, this would’ve been released on my concept thread alongside a Ganymede update, but… well, my thread has felt stagnant long enough. I felt like I had to do something. Finally getting this out of the way will let me feel happier working on my many other projects, which is good.

I know full well I’m not the only one who wanted an assault rifle with a grenade launcher in this game! I’d just never been quite able to understand how it’d work here. Then I played Borderlands 3, had some fun with Vladof assault rifles, and figured “That’s perfect!” The airburst mechanic is, as mentioned earlier, meant to cut out some of the issues that would naturally arise from how many of us build assault rifles in this game.  

Fun fact: The rifle is built on the Brickwurx Red Ryd-AR rifle. Yes, a lever-action AR-15 exists. Weird, huh?

The Volsk's critical chance has been buffed up from 9% to 14% in automatic fire, and 19% to 28% in burstfire.

• Like 2

An alternative to the Quellor which also looks like a Tenno weapon would also be an idea.

If the ammunition is not energy, the question arises: "How do you make a grenade from 5-10-20 rounds of rifle ammunition?"

But when I look at the Corinth the answer will probably be "DON'T ask that!".

ACH wait .. Sorry, she divided the rifle and grenade magazine separately.

10 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

An alternative to the Quellor which also looks like a Tenno weapon would also be an idea.

Which is funny, cause the Quellor is allegedly a Tenno weapon XD But tbh it looks more like something the Lotus would make.

10 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

If the ammunition is not energy, the question arises: "How do you make a grenade from 5-10-20 rounds of rifle ammunition?"

The correct answer is "Don't think about it, Morty!"

When you think about it, there's a lot of stuff about ammo in warframe that doesn't make that much sense. For example, why is semiauto more damaging than full-auto on any weapon like that? Or why does pumping (or switching to semiauto) on my Tenebrae and Chadam shotguns channel the extra energy from the buckshot into overcharging the next shot?

...Raisins. It's because of raisins.

• Like 1