Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

2 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Keep in mind that despite your slump, you have an amazing creative capacity. I just read your Ganymede worldbuilding and not going to lie, it was on a higher level than what we've seen so far from open worlds. Don't lose heart. We'll root you on from the other side of the screen!

Was it, now... that's interesting. Very interesting indeed. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Keep in mind that despite your slump, you have an amazing creative capacity. I just read your Ganymede worldbuilding and not going to lie, it was on a higher level than what we've seen so far from open worlds. Don't lose heart. We'll root you on from the other side of the screen!

I second this. Kinda surprised that DE hasn't offered you a job yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Well, damn. I probably should've started signing up for the Creator Program by now XD. Even went and changed up my deviantart account for it!

You have pages upon pages of portfolio material. Do it, you deserve to be in there for creating so much <3

• Like 1

Luck be with you sir! I have to agree with the other folks present that you have quite the portfolio purely as is! Biggest bonus is that all of it even contains art you yourself have put together, something i'll never be able to pull off with my Pit (If I could juusssttt stop with this goddem fatigue. . .). If you have the chance, I say, go for it! 

Just now, Unus said:

Luck be with you sir! I have to agree with the other folks present that you have quite the portfolio purely as is! Biggest bonus is that all of it even contains art you yourself have put together, something i'll never be able to pull off with my Pit (If I could juusssttt stop with this goddem fatigue. . .). If you have the chance, I say, go for it! 

It's been a busy day over here lmao.

Also, uh... sorry I wasn't able to upload the THING. Definitely, definitely sent by tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Schnapps said:

speaking of which, I need to check my Form 1 paperwork lol. Looks like it could be an interesting concept....maybe a Corpus hybrid weapon based off of it?

Your what now?

Also... a Corpus levergun? Not what I was thinking, but that is interesting. That's very interesting. I bet if I did that, it'd look like some of the Peacekeeper's concept art :P. One of the odder versions, that is.

ryan-lastimosa-peacekeeper-sils.jpg?1551

ryan-lastimosa-peacekeeper-sils-2.jpg?15

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

UMBRAL AYATAN QUEST!
Chapter 2: Reb Akira

Scene 2-1

After 12 hours of playing, you’ll get an invitation from someone named Reb Akira Thorissen- they're in the Tenno concourse at the base of Chitorrh Tower. The Invitation is as follows:

"Tenno! You raise quite a stir with visit to the Memoratorium. The memories you've dug up... we Bidanians quite proud of you. Quite-quite proud, boychik.  As thanks, we offer you lead in your quest to uncover the lost warframe’s memories. 

Meet me at Orokin digsite by the sea. You join in Bidanian tradition, boychik! You celebrate… Makabi. The Great Hunt.

If not interested, well. There is new gun for Tenno! We know you like new gun. Bring only sidearm and melee. Hammer if you have it!

The fields around A Bao A Qu boast a massive Orokin installation on the coast, connected to the city by a rail line which actually crosses the ocean. The ocean, by the way, is explorable through SHARKWING, and you can see Sentient and Orokin wrecks at the bottom.

As you travel there, this exchange plays with BODE: 

BODE: “Tenno, what are you looking for? I heard you had a para with Ngoni.”

TENNO: “We experienced the memories from an Umbral Ayatan - and the Tenno in it killed all the Orokin. And I…” 

BODE: “And what?”

TENNO: “I felt like I had something to prove, but… I don’t know anymore. I wanted to prove that he could be innocent, that he could have been right, but… But I saw him murder those Orokin. He killed them without mercy.”

BODE: “It’s a key part of our history. Gagarin - or at least, a Gagarin - betrayed the Orokin he swore to protect, unleashing darkness on the land. Have you never heard this?”

TENNO: “I… heard snippets over it, Nora Night referenced it once, but I’m not too certain.”

BODE: “Right. As the story goes, the night the Tenno murdered the Seven, and killed all the Orokin, Gagarin brought the Orokin to Chitorr Tower and promised to save them…. and then, once they were dead, all the lights went out except for Chitorr Tower. From masters of the universe to living in ruins, overnight. we had plenty of food, but… the raiders, the nights of uncertainty, the winters where we died en masse…. things on the planet were dark for generations to come. Then, as soon as we were finding our feet, reclaiming the planet inch by inch from the bandits and from Orokin designer species that had gone berserk… the Corpus found us. You, Tenno, are responsible for this event all over the system. After you saved the Origin System, you plunged it into a new dark age.” 

TENNO: “I… suppose we did.”

BODE: “You… suppose you did?! Do you not remem-“

TENNO: “No! I don’t! Every Corpus tells me I did this, calls me Betrayer, but I don’t… It makes sense that I did it, I wasn’t surprised when Alad V told me I did it, but for the life of me I can’t remember WHY!”

BODE: “I wish I knew what to say, Tenno. Really, I did. But if it helps… I’ve heard the stories from the system. There’s questions about what you’ve really changed, but… I’ve heard of you risking everything to save the Solaris, to help even half-Infested monsters, rescuing animals from Deimos to Venus. Building a relay, even! Do you know how many people treasure an untraceable space station without Corpus tariffs and shakedowns? How many people you’ve saved from Corpus or Grineer prisons?”

TENNO: “No. I… do not.”

BODE: “Anyone with that kindness… you would’ve had a reason. I know it.”

You can find Akira Thorissen standing in front of the entrance to the Orokin ruins. with several other Bidanians. He’s holding a strange-looking lever-action rifle.

Akira: “Tenno! Gut to see you. Gut, gut.”

(NOTE: His accent is somewhere between Middle Eastern and German.)

Akira: “An honor to have Tenno join us for Makabi! I see you brought it. As asked.”

Tenno: “so… what IS Makabi? Is it some kind of Warframe you worship?”

Akira: “Forgot your memory has more holes than Jarnsaxan cheese. Makabi means hammer - named after ancient hero, before leave Mother Earth. It was one of our greatest victories, and lost frame used hammer , so we named Great Hunt that.  And we not worship Warframe. We worship something... higher."

Tenno: “that doesn’t…. that doesn’t answer anythi-”

Akira: “Great Hunt ushers in the spring of our planets. This one, Iapetus, Himalia, Jarnsaxa. It’s about the end of the long winter that froze and strangled the life from the Origin System.”

Tenno: “Its a religious ceremony, then?”

Akira: “ Yes and no. Is celebration of our people, but minor holiday. We celebrate the Great Hunt with our ceremonial tools: hammer and rifle. Take rifle.”

You then receive the VERNAL RIFLE.

filename_by_fluffywolf36_de5h2uy-fullvie

NOTE: This image is uncolored, as of yet, not statted. Normally I would do that, but... that would take too long, and I've sat on UMBRAL AYATAN stuff for far too long This lever-action rifle works as a hybrid of the Naga revolver and Makina revolver. Waiting a short period of time between shots silences it like the Naga, while headshots cause massive explosions like the Makina.

Akira: “How it works? You fire slow for silent, aim for head for big boom. You and our ancestors, we fight together during the Great Hunt, usher in the Spring after the Long Winter. We venture into ruins, activate portal… and return with treasures. In return…. we present Umbral Ayatan.”

Tenno: “I still don’t get it. What’s all this? Why do you need a Tenno for the Great Hunt?”

Akira: “Immortalizing the moment.”

Scene 2-2

Execution Mission: 

You and the Bidanians venture into the Orokin ruins, heading for the PORTAL ROOM - which is fairly blatantly copypasta’d from other assets. Like that mission, you have to guard the consoles that control the Void Portal in a Sabotage-Like twist.

This is sort of an extermination mission, but not quite: Instead of kills, your mission progression is based on “Execution Points.” The table for said points is below:

EXECUTION points scoring:

• One point: Killing “small” enemies - Corrupted butchers, crewmen, Lancers etc
  • Two Points: Killing “large” enemies - Bombards, Heavy Gunners
  • Kills by “controlled” enemies - those under the effect of Radiation, Nekros, Nyx, or Revenant.
  • Four Points: Stealth kills and Finisher kills

Multipliers:

• +50% points for killing enemies under a status effect
  • +50% points for headshots
  • +50 points for multikills

Random other multipliers and challenges can appear during this, such as “headshot three enemies in a row without missing” or “kill enemies with abilities.”

As you play through the mission, this dialogue will play:

Tenno: “What does this have to do with summer?”

Akira: “Do you know what our Long Winter was? Nothing so prosaic as the cold that grips the Orb Vallis - it was a spiritual winter. A winter is a time where life rests, to bloom once more. But the Orokin… they locked the system in an eternal stillness. A time where no beauty, no life, nothing beyond their control could flourish.”

Tenno: “And you end the Long Winter by… killing Orokin.”

Akira: “Now you get it.”

As you do the mission, you hear Akira making various callouts - screaming at the Corrupted, laughing at them, clearly delighting in their misery.

The end of mission dialogue is:

Tenno: “Why… why do you enjoy this so much?”

Akira: “I don’t know how much you know about us. But our faith, our people… the Orokin tortured us, Tenno. It was almost a game to them, Tenno. Like we were pobbers and they were Kavats or Hyekkas, playing with their food. I’d say we were less than human to them, but the Orokin didn’t value human life very much. We were raw materials that happened to be able to scream in pain, and so that was a bonus of sorts to them.”

Tenno: “I… think I understand. I remember the Dax instructors, executors… I remember them smiling as they beat us, electrocuted us. All to… test our endurance? We were so starved for positive attention of any kind from them.”

Akira: “I’m aware. I know… that what I’m about to show you in the umbral Ayatan may shock you. But I want you to know: There’s nothing to apologize for. Not to me. You’ve shaken off that weight.

scene 2-3

The Tenno returns to the MEMORATORIUM.

NGONI: “Back so soon, Tenno?” 

TENNO: “I’ve decided. I need to know what happened - as much for me as Ganymede.” 

AKIRA: “I’m patching in as well. I want to see what happened.”

Scene 2-4

A  LISET PRIME descends over Earth. This uses a modified Earth tileset with no Grineer architecture - or perhaps a version of the “mini-landscape” from the new WF tutorial. You drop down into the forest, and the LOTUS- begins to speak.

There are three Tenno next to you, in NPC form. The camera pans over them. 

LOTUS: “The subversives you’ll be neutralizing are dedicated to the destruction of not just the Orokin, but their very form. They perpetrated crimes against the citizens of cities such as New Manila, Metherick, Van Braun, and A Bao A Qu, destroying wartime infrastructure.”

UNKNOWN TENNO 1: “Executor Amita wanted their heads for that.”

LOTUS: “As do the other Executors. But they possess something much more valuable: A small population of unmodified humans.”

GAGARIN: (Narrating) “My Tenno asks a question: They are the leader of this squad, and as such they have limited vocalization capability granted." 

The camera moves over a device above Gagarin's lower jaw, grafted to his helmet.

GAGARIN’S TENNO: “How… where did they find them?!” 

LOTUS: “Orokin agents are searching for them - rumor has it that they may be  Buyan Alliance remnants, or from the Far Rim - perhaps even the Theists that fled there. Or maybe they have access to the clone wombs that created the Grineer. It’s hard to say. Regardless, the unmodified humans are a resource desperately needed for the Old War.”

LOTUS: “Be careful, Tenno. Reports from our recon forces suggest they have access to weapons belonging to the Sentients.”

You proceed through the modified tile set.  

GAGARIN: “Those days are curiously unreal to me. It feels as if I am walking underwater. Unable to breathe.”

As you do so, you kill your way through people in green and light orange, clad in naturalistic armor and using Tenno weapons (likely also some modern-looking weapons) and the Proto weapon assets.

You hear someone yell:

SPEAKER: “Evac, now! Battlestations, LOKA!”

(The subtitles reveal them as SPEAKER)

As soon as you get to a sufficiently large camp - you see a flag that has the New Loka symbol on it. 

LOTUS: “Loka. A “purist human” terrorist cult, guilty of subversion of wartime operations.”

GAGARIN: (narrating) “In a sense, that is true. Loka believed in the purity of the human form, returning to Earth to a peaceful, agrarian existence. Like the Corpus or the Bidanian Theists, their only crimes were to believe in something with more importance than the order imposed by the Golden Lords. An unforgivable transgression.”

SPEAKER: (frantically) “Get the big guns! Burn them out of the grove until the women and children get to safety!”

A fight with the old LOKA commences. They’re attacking you with Tenno Archguns and some Sentient weapons. It’s a tough fight.

LOTUS: “The oHumans are this way.”

A WAYPOINT appears over a cave. You follow it to a familiar area, finding The SILVER GROVE. 

There’s a woman over the cairn, deep in prayer, sobbing.

She’s guarding a bunch of kids that use copy pasted ostron models. She’s pointing a Tenno grenade launcher at you.

LOKA WOMAN: “STAY BACK!”

GAGARIN places a device on the floor - and OROKIN EXECUTOR SABAL pops up, holographically projected. He’s dressed similarly to Ballas, except he has a SYBARIS PRIME and SCINDO PRIME, and has prosthetic lenses over his eyes that are reminiscent of Vay Hek’s eye prostheses.

EXECUTOR SABAL: “You’re unlawfully holding an asset to the Orokin Empire. Surrender it and we will let you live.”

LOKA WOMAN “Asset??! ASSET?! These are CHILDREN! They’re not… they’re not weapons! Do you know what they are? Why the Orokin haven’t found a way to cure the ‘poison’ of Earth?”

GAGARIN’S TENNO: “We don’t need to know.”

LOKA WOMAN: “They can't cure it because there is no poison. Because years of life in space, the treatments and subtle little evolutions in null gravity have broken us. This is humanity’s birthplace, and we call it poisoned. The Orokin call it that so they keep us controlled. Clutching to life in the shadows of golden towers. This is the one place in the system where the Orokin cannot control life and mold it like clay. You say you’ll let me live? I’ve seen how you see life. Do any of you know who you were before the Orokin got their fingers into you? Is there a mind left in half of you?”

EXECUTOR SABAL: (Dismissive) “I leave you to make the right decision, Tenno.”

There’s two options now: kill her or negotiate. It’s either white or black. Both end with her killing herself, and the OLD LOKA demoralized and broken. 

SCENE 2-5

We cut to a scene of the unaltered children being loaded onto a Railjack. The LOKA CAMP is in ruins, with smoke billowing from shattered habitation.

SCENE 2-6

We then cut to a scene that uses a modified Orokin tile, with a view of space behind a desk. EXECUTOR SABAL sits there, behind several holographic screens, holding a Vitruvian device.

The Tenno stand in front of the desks, guarded by several DAX soldiers and Grineer. It’s absolutely clear the Tenno do not have any power here. 

GAGARIN’S TENNO: “What… what happens to them now, Executor?”

SABAL: “They’ll be subjected to… tests. Experiments to more efficiently expedite the Sentient War. You, however…  you’ll be creating more Tenno from them.”

(Another tenno steps forward.)

TENNO 1: “That’s… we’re consigning them to the Void?”

SABAL: “Unless, of course. You have been objections.”

(the camera pans out across the Dax weapons)

SABAL: (Cheerfully) “After all. You are our greatest weapon against the Sentients. We couldn’t replace you with Necramechs… even if we wanted to. There’s only so many Tenno that were on the original Zariman, and I’m sure you can agree that a system without  them would be a rather… unsafe place.”

A psychotic smirk creeps across SABAL’s face.

GAGARIN: (narrating) “I suppose it sounds monstrous. I suppose it was because it was monstrous. But the Orokin… they made it so easy to do these awful things. If they couldn’t convince you, worm their way inside your head and make you love it. And if that didn’t work? The Orokin had many ways of convincing you. If it was you in there once they were done.”

SABAL: “You four shall be taking the ship Abnegator to Saturn Proxima to complete the Fold. As soon as the final preparations are complete… Make your way to the ship’s escape pods. Tenno are valuable… assets, after all.”

• Like 1

Brief updorts/bumps:

1. 1Funnily enough, Arbitrations (and Kuva Fissure Survival) are actually the perfect difficulty for me. The problem with Steel Path is that while it's nice to feel challenged, the fact is... I'm not having fun if I don't have a revolver that can one-shot basic enemies. I'm fine with having heavier enemies that my Akvasto Prime can't one-shot, and I'd like more enemies that are actual threats, (see: all the time in this thread where I made Grineer enemies designed solely to break up your rhythm)  but I just don't enjoy a setting where my (usually) one-shot crit/status riven (Seriously, it has 90-something status chance and 8.2x critical chance, also I got that one arcane that gives ridiculous pistol damage) built dual revolvers take a third of each mag to kill basic Lancers. [/rant]

It was a good time doing arbitrations.

2. Was in a bit of a slump till the excavation arbitration that inspired that. While I don't have the energy or mindset to play Warframe for six hours straight, as I did after graduating college... well. A lot of my sense of fun came back with that. Plus, it turns out that Rage + A Frame that has lots of area of effect status effects + a weapon with healing return and guaranteed status procs (it's Broken War) is crazy. Not broken, but crazy.

3.  Remember the time almost two years ago, with @Unus, @HugintheCrow, and @Almighty_Jado, where I had an idea for a Corpus rifle that basically had Headseeker from Destiny? Well, the pencil drawing of that is finished! The coloring is underway.
          Facts about upcoming rifle
    1. It's called the ARCA PULSAR. ...I don't know if it's actually a pulse weapon, it's more of a laser weapon, but it sounded cool.
    2. The idea is that it's a burstfire, primary Arca Scisco with double the magazine size and four-round burst.
    3. Spoiler

latest?cb=20131003152013

4. Yet another idea for a homemade weapon! It's gonna be a shotgun with 36% crit, and its projectiles are... well. You'll see. There'll also be a bandaid mod that adds 200% base crit for a total of 108%. Likely an Amalgam mod that can't be used with regular Blunderbuss. This is questionable, I know, but I wanted to give it high crit... and I didn't want to bring it over 200% crit with just Motus Setup or a Riven. It was... it wasn't a good idea.
  5. There's an idea for a primary Detron-like weapon, but that's been slow going. Best I work on the Entrati gun first.
  6. The Pax, aka that one revolver that's the HE. 44 from Resistance, has received a pencil drawing! Don't expect it for awhile, though.  I... kind of want to keep the thread from getting too dominated by tenno guns. At least for a bit.

Hope all y'alls like the stuff I've got coming!

Arca Pulsar progress updorts:arca_pulsar_update_by_fluffywolf36_de61b

1. I like the Arca weapons, don't get me wrong (Everyone likes the Plasmor.) but the lavender and yellow coloration doesn't quite mesh with what I was going for on the Pulsar. My headcanon for the lavender and yellow color scheme is that Arca uses it to denote how their weapons are experimental, or high tech. This is gonna have more of a blue and orange color scheme, to make it feel more... down to earth.
  2. Meanwhile, the idea here is that Arca is trying to market the Pulsar as a Serious Military Weapon for Serious Forces That Are Serious, that anyone can understand or pick up, so... it has a more subdued color scheme. It's a little bit outside of the average price range of its target market, but Arca is hoping that its various gimmicks will be able to win people over and spur higher-end Corpus forces in the Jovians, Venus, and Pluto to buy it.
  3. It's not reliant on headshots (I feel like I'm using that as a crutch...) it's mostly reliant on sustained damage. Think of it like the Arca Scisco. Except burstfire. There's a bonus for zooming in, but you can viably use this without being forced to headshot it.
  4. It comes with an explosive charged shot mechanic! Which should be fun with the Scisco-like combo mechanic and scope. I'm probably going to include some way to hold up the combo stacks longer for better sniping. That, and it'll be funny to see how this interacts with people's playstyles. I kind of like "jailbreaking" the Quatz and Quartakk into firing full auto while ADS.

I want to say the charged explosive shot was because I had a really clear vision, but... honestly? A big part of what makes the M41a1 iconic is that it has the prominent underbarrel launcher, and drawing the silhouette without it just felt wrong.
  5. It actually loads more like the Assault Rifle from Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and the magazine is in the same place as the scisco. The magwell-like structure is just there to maintain the silhouette.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Cpt_Schnapps said:

Toggle locked double barrel shotgun

Wolfenstein did it before! And so did Walther.

23 hours ago, Cpt_Schnapps said:

and where were you during the arms race design programs? :P

...The what now? I dunno, probably using an Xbox 360. It took me until 2016 to buy an Xbone :P

25 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Me after watching all the youtube videos and reading all the text about the  Greenskin rework. : totalwar

...That reminds me, I'm gonna need a diagram for how the action works. Well. The animations, anyway. Not really sure if toggle lock works the way I'm going to draw it, but I figure nobody is going to look at this and go "Ah! Obviously the horns near the ejection port move up and down, and the reload is partly motorized like on a Hyperion shotgun!"

• Like 2

On 2020-10-06 at 10:45 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

...That reminds me, I'm gonna need a diagram for how the action works. Well. The animations, anyway. Not really sure if toggle lock works the way I'm going to draw it, but I figure nobody is going to look at this and go "Ah! Obviously the horns near the ejection port move up and down, and the reload is partly motorized like on a Hyperion shotgun!"

So, as a person that doesn't really speak gun, my understanding is that the horns are part of the ejector ports and move up and down like eyebrows when the gun is fired. The magazine gets placed into its slot, then motors pull it up to load the gun?

Is that right? My approach to entirely new weapons is either explaining the physics behind the killing, or finding videos and pictures that inspired them.

Edited by Teoarrk
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

So, as a person that doesn't really speak gun, my understanding is that the horns are part of the ejector ports and move up and down like eyebrows when the gun is fired.

Sort of? The best comparison is a Luger pistol's action, though it won't be 1-1. They'll move with the motion of the toggle, accentuating its motion because... well. These are Orokin. They would do that.

I guess it would be kind of like them moving up and down like eyebrows.

The magazine gets placed into its slot, then motors pull it up to load the gun?

Yup, that's exactly it!

Is that right? My approach to entirely new weapons is either explaining the physics behind the killing, or finding videos and pictures that inspired them.

Honestly, that's not too different from what I do. Normally I just explain that "Oh, this is inspired by blah" and infer people will be able to tell from the explanation. ....It's entirely possible, though, that when I drew a rifle inspired by the Potato Digger, I should've included a diagram of the lever's motion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Sort of? The best comparison is a Luger pistol's action, though it won't be 1-1. They'll move with the motion of the toggle, accentuating its motion because... well. These are Orokin. They would do that.

Oh ... That makes a lot more sense actually.

vjGw6qV.png 

This area is one big functional unit that collapses in on itself mechanically, but like it was on tv and looking for love, because Orokin.

Edited by Teoarrk