Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Bonus Hour Super Create: Behind the scenes with The MEATMAKER

NOTE: I included the Meatmaker in quotes here cause... it's the start of a new page, new viewers might accidentally miss this if they go straight to page 55.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Homemade 'MEATMAKER' Shotgun

homemade__meatmaker__shotgun_by_fluffywo

Homemade ‘Meatmaker’ Shotgun

“This weapon was originally intended to be a cheap break-open rifle. Now it’s a four-headed monster of a shotgun with wide spread, that can either fire its barrels one at a time, or let loose all of them at once. It is either named for the fact that anyone hit with it will meet their maker... or that anyone hit by it is reduced to a raw, meaty paste. In the dialects of the impoverished rockhoppers and others that use it, it could honestly be either one."
--Codex

Special Traits: 
Knockback - headshots or hits with 12< pellets inflict the Ragdoll status effect on them. Using altfire while standing on the ground inflicts minor stagger due to high recoil. 

Buckshot Jump - Using altfire while in midair acts as a second (or third) jump, as you're thrown in the direction of the recoil. Has slightly decreased spread in midair. 
Duckbill Choke: spread is in a horizontal diamond shape.

Lore

There’s plenty of people in the rocky expanse of the outer gas giant sectors, who are simply too poor to afford a satisfactory firearm. For those poor rockhoppers that prospect the Rings of gas giants and trawl the storms of Jupiter for rare elements and sell them to Grineer or Corpus or other buyers, the tools of the trade come first… and self-defense often comes second.

The Meatmaker is the solution to that - the best shotgun for those who can only afford the worst. A double-action, break-open shotgun made from four “retired” autocannon barrels welded to a break-open mechanism originally built for homemade anti-materiel rifles, and using sawed-down casings filled with pellets, this weapon fires up to 16 pellets from each barrel…. and can let loose a massive storm of shot by firing every barrel at once. As its users are typically spacers, Meatmaker shotguns are rarely built with wood. The furniture is often made of epoxy, bioplastics, graphite, plastid dust, or pipe insulation, and often secured with screws and wiring.

Originally designed as single-action, it was later rebuilt toa double-action mechanism to allow for a more rifle-like straight stock, which helps manage its punishing recoil. This gives it a lower fire rate, but much better recoil control. While it uses larger-caliber shells than most Tenno or Grineer  shotguns, it barely has any more overall power (a/n: critical power and chance) than them due to lower-quality propellant. It also has wider spread due to its wider, shorter barrels. It also doesn’t have a choke, so it can use more specialty ammo. 

On paper, it looks like it has completely unilateral advantages over shotguns like the Hek, Tenebrae, Corinth. However - it has wider spread, worse critical stats, and shorter range. Though it has better critical stats. Think of it as sort of a mid-road between status and crit shotguns… just with wider spread. Meanwhile, while it has almost twice the base damage of the Strun Wraith, the Strun has tighter spread, more status, and more consistency. While the Meatmaker does more damage if you manage to land every shot on a target… good luck with that. But at least you won’t miss.

The Meatmaker bears a unique history. The weapon that would become the Meatmaker was first constructed on the moon Himalia, by a loose collaboration of machine shops and artisans known as Sabal Works. In the midst of a Grineer invasion, and facing limited support from the Corpus Board, the isolated Himalians on the frontline of the invasion found themselves with an overabundance of Grineer ammo, and an inability to break the computerized target interlocks preventing them from firing it.

The result was a break-open weapon chambered for Grineer HMG and autocannon rounds, built to be cheap, simple, and inexpensive until someone figured out how to break the target interlocks. 

Then, one day, someone received a Griner autocannon barrel that had worn out its rifling. And, they realized, quite suddenly, they could make a shotgun shell fit into said barrel. And then they decided to add three more barrels. The result was the Meatmaker.

This design of the rifle was later co-opted by Infested cultists into a weapon sold as a hybrid of simplistic engineering and advanced Tenno technology. But that’s another story.

Sound Notes
Has a noticeable echo after being fired, and sounds like it might shake itself apart when altfiring.

Stats

• Ammo Type: Shotgun
  • Magazine: 4
  • Reload: 2.4s (NOTE: takes 0.2 seconds to open, 0.2 to close, and 0.4 to load shell by shell)

Primary Fire

• Accuracy: 5.9
  • Trigger: Semi
  • Fire Rate: 1.8
  • Damage: 800 (50 damage per pellet)
    • 480 Slash
    • 240 Impact
    • 80 Puncture
  • Pellets: 16
  • Critical chance: 20%
  • Critical multiplier: 2.2x
  • Status chance: %
  • Punch-Through: 0.8m
  • Falloff
    • Full Damage up to 12m
    • Min Damage at 36m
    • 80% max reduction

Secondary Fire:

• Accuracy: 5.1
  • Trigger: Burst
  • Burst Count: 4*
  • Fire Rate: 6.33**
  • Damage: 800 (50 damage per pellet)
    • 480 Slash
    • 240 Impact
    • 80 Puncture
  • Pellets: 16
  • Critical chance: 20%
  • Critical multiplier: 2.2x
  • Status chance: 6%
  • Punch-Through: 0.8m
  • Falloff
    • Full Damage up to 12m
    • Min Damage at 36m***
    • 80% max reduction

Special Traits: 
Knockback - headshots or hits with 12< pellets inflict the Ragdoll status effect on them. Using altfire while standing on the ground inflicts minor stagger due to high recoil. 
Buckshot Jump - Using altfire while in midair acts as a second (or third) jump, as you're thrown in the direction of the recoil. Has slightly decreased spread in midair. 
Duckbill Choke: spread is in a horizontal diamond shape.

Build/stat notes:

• *This isn’t determined by magazine size. Not a good idea.
  • **  It’s the same as the Quartakk cause it takes into account burst delay and stuff. If you somehow increase the magazine size by a lot, either with the Void Buff or mods, there’s a delay between firing all four barrels. If I give this enough of a fire rate, people will exploit it for ridiculous stopping power.
  • *** This is more to throw it a bone - it’s already got wide spread, I don’t need to hobble it too badly.
  • Self-stagger isn’t that much of a factor - at worst, it only adds a fraction of a second to reload time. While it can use Cautious Shot, the best Exilus mod for this would probably be Narrow Barrel, because the Meatmaker actually has excellent falloff stats relative to its power. It just doesn’t have the ability to properly take advantage of that due to its high spread.

Artist notes:

Literally just the Doomstick from Killing Floor. 

The best worst thing about this thread is that I’m willing to use REAL FIREARM stuff. So on the one hand, a lot of it isn’t quite weird enough for Warframe standards. Other hand, I like having that slight touch of groundedness that makes it feel relatively believable. I don’t think you necessarily needed to know that this is double-action, but it makes me feel better that I do.

As usual, I’m walking a fine line while making improvised ballistic firearms. I don’t want to make anything that looks too much like it’d really exist, it needs just that Warframe-ish sense of absurdity and size. Ideally, nothing here should look too much like it’d be real. Except the Elysium because that’s the joke.

I actually take a lot of inspiration from the firearms of Metro for this. We all love the improvised guns of that series, but… logically? Nobody would make the Bastard with its harmonica magazine, they’d make something much closer to the Borz SMG. But that’s not very fun. That’s not distinctive. It gives Metro a more unique style. A style which is honestly kind of hilarious to mix with Warframe.

The receiver of this weapon is based on the Serbu RN-50, which I totally will use again, specifically for the Infested version of the rifle. SOON™. Wait, I can just type ™ on this new computer and I spent all that time puzzling out how to do it for nothing? WHAT

You’re not going to get the uninfested rifle this was built from because it’s pretty unremarkable in every way. It’d be like adding, say, a single-barrel break-open shotgun into Call of Duty. Sure, you could, but there just wouldn’t be much of a point because there’s no role it’d serve where it wouldn’t be outclassed by literally anything. It’d be the poor man’s Vectis.

First off, I like... totally forgot to calc its IPS. That's on me. My bad. Its IPS is now:

• 480 Slash
  • 240 Impact
  • 80 Puncture

I also came up with two skin ideas for it.

Heika Skin: this weapon was built to thank the forces of Warlord Saurabh for their efforts in reclaiming the moon Philophrosyne from the Corpus. As such it uses advanced Tenno materials for furniture, and has a more streamlined appearance.

Solaris Skin: repainted with traditional Kitgun colors.

References:

Here's what inspired it!

5barrelshotgun677.jpg

(You can see some influence around the hammer)

preview_965_1554651268_781dcfc822816612e

the DOOMSTICK from Killing Floor 2. I'm guessing you can see a lot of it in this thing. This is basically just the Doomstick with the shape...

Metro-Exodus-Ashot-Quartet-924x520.jpg

...of the 4-barrel mod from Metro Exodus.

Cyberpunk 2077 Tech Shotgun Cosplay Weapon by SKSProps on DeviantArt

There was also some inspiration from this thing from Cyberpunk 2077, but not very much.

Also, I nearly forgot to mention it, but:

RN-50 - Serbu Firearms, Inc.

BEHOLD, the Serbu RN-50 - think of the Meatmaker as basically a 4-barrel shotgun built on spare parts of this thing. It probably makes more sense to have this built in a way that lets you open the loading lever with your thumb, but I thought that this would make it look more Warframe and more BRUTAL.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

How's this?

If this was a Hight tech fancy gun there would be a lot of ways to do that but since the gun is on the simpler side a simple holstering speed buff right after the the rocket jump would allow people to use the weapon to position themselves for a combo or just use this gun as opener and onether one to finish. 

50 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Thanks so much, dood! I'm glad you like it.

As for barrels, nothing will top the Cascabel on this thread. :P Maybe. Probably.

tenno__cascabel__pepperbox_pistol_by_flu

There is almost enought dakka for this gun. It is so over the top that I would find it more fitting as an exalted non sense them a normal gun. But given the tenno well made simple balistic weapons stick it fits really well.

Just now, keikogi said:

If this was a Hight tech fancy gun there would be a lot of ways to do that but since the gun is on the simpler side a simple holstering speed buff right after the the rocket jump would allow people to use the weapon to position themselves for a combo or just use this gun as opener and onether one to finish. 

54 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Hmmm. That's a good idea. I'll consider that.

1 minute ago, keikogi said:

There is almost enought dakka for this gun. It is so over the top that I would find it more fitting as an exalted non sense them a normal gun. But given the tenno well made simple balistic weapons stick it fits really well.

About that... this is only good for about 3 shots (it fires 8 projectiles per shot) and it's classed as a shotgun. :P

• Like 1

Alright. I've sat on my hands enough.

JORMUNGANDR WARFRAME

courtesy of @Cpt_Schnapps

filename_by_fluffywolf36_deaefsj-pre.jpg

Abilities:

Jörmungandr
Health - 120 (300 at rank 30)
Shields - 100 (350 at rank 30)
Armor - 310
Sprint Speed - 1.46
Energy - 150 (220 at rank 30)

Abilities                           

Passive - World Serpent
Jörmungandr's Melee attacks have a 50% chance of inflicting 5% Toxin on hit. Unlike other Warframes, all four abilities are available to the player upon level 1 Warframe Mastery.

1 - Omen
Jörmungandr casts an evil omen on a random enemy nearby. Upon death of the chosen enemy, Jörmungandr receives one of several random buffs:
Attack speed x2 (20% chance)
Energy Regeneration (20% chance)
Health Regeneration (20% chance)
+10% Armor (20% chance)
+10% Health and Shields (20% chance)

Omen effect: x1 (Strength)
Duration: 10s (Duration)

2 - Son of Loki

Upon activation, creates a Shield wall of Jörmungandr melee specters, that moves forward as a single unit at 75% base speed, and pushes enemies closer together. Ability deactivates upon standing still for more than 2 sec. Each specter deals 50% damage of Jörmungandr, and attacks at 100% speed. Specters will die normally if damaged past Jörmungandr's current (at time of casting) health stat.

Cost: 50
Create 3/5/7 specters per levels 1-10/20/30

50% base damage (Strength)
Duration: 10 seconds (Duration)

Application range: Self

3- Saga
Jörmungandr Creates 2 Runestones in the room. Upon destruction of one, the other dematerializes, and the destroyed Runestone bestows it's powers on Jörmungandr. Each runestone will materialize randomly in your immediate location and will be marked. 
Runestone: Health and Shields - Restore 50% Health and Shields and remove Status Effects.
Runestone: Damage - True Deal 10% of all Damage as True Damage for 10 Seconds
Cost: 75
Runestone: Health and Shields (Strength)
Runestone: Damage - True (Duration)

4 - Ouroboros /Ragnarok

Hold to Activate: Jörmungandr curls into a circle, hovering in midair and stays like this until released. Any damage dealt to Jörmungandr in this form is treated normally as well as absorbed as stacks of damage for Ragnarok activation.  

Cost: 75
Gains stacks of Potential Ragnarok Damage, 1 per hit.
All Damage treated normally

Release to ActivateJörmungandr releases from his Ouroboros form, bringing chaos and destruction upon his foes. Any Stacks of Potential Ragnarok Damage are expended and dealt as direct damage to all enemies in a 10 Meter radius.  
Damage: Per Ragnarok stack, deals 10/20/30/40 Damage per levels 1/10/20/30, with a 100% chance to inflict Slash or Impact Damage. (Strength)
Application Range: 10 Meter Radius (Range) 

Augments                           

Bloodied
Omen Augment
Those effected by Omen bleed.
Blood pools are created on the ground, causing -5 Friction.

World Ender
Ragnarok Augment
All Impact or Slash Damage caused by Ragnarok is converted to Heat Damage

Epic
Saga Augment
Summons a random Warframe Specter that will battle against you. Upon defeat, you will gain random materials appropriate to the location.

Behemoth's Toxins
Jörmungandr Augment 
Jörmungandr's Passive ability is boosted to 10/20/30% Toxin per mod rank.
Armor Reduced by 10/20/30% per mod rank.
(Note: This should be an extremely rare drop for Elite Onslaught, around 1.7%, to balance the Warframe)

Acquisition

Part 1

To collect the first blueprint (systems), you must first visit Baro Ki'Teer and speak with him. He will seem shaky at first, and warily glance around, asking for you to go and "collect" an item for him, and he will pay you in exchange. When you arrive on Neptune, you will find yourself in the hold of an utterly destroyed Corpus ship, where something will be howling eerily in the distance. Something primal, feral, full of pain, and anger, and very much alive. Baro will cut in and ask that you please hurry up. After a short run and collect, you run back to the exit, only to see something head around the corner and a mangled Corpus body fly out, smacking against the wall with a loud, wet crunch. Baro yells at you to run, and you make it to the exit only to hear the primal scream behind you. 

Once you return to the Orbiter, you will open the container and Baro will be immediately disappointed to only see a ring in the shape of a serpent eating it's own tail. He immediately calls the mission a "waste of time and resources" in true Baro fashion, only for the quest to properly start. (Note: You must have completed Sands of Inaros and The War Within in order to properly start this mission) 

Part 2

You will be Contacted by Konzu next on the Plains of Eidolon, where he asks you to find the source of a disturbance emanating from Gara Toht Lake. Make your way to the rocks at the center of the lake, and find the symbol on the rock near the water. It hums and glows, and once you analyze it with a Synthesis Scanner, you will hear the primal scream again. Run back to Cetus, and Konzu will tell you about an old myth from long before the wars and the Tenno, a myth involving the World Serpent. He will then direct you back to the Orbiter, where you will receive a message in your inbox with a rough sketch and rubbing of the symbol you found, as well as the Chassis Blueprint.

Part 3

The Third and final piece of the puzzle is a Quest that places you at Mariana, where you must find the final piece of the puzzle. Part way into the quest, You will receive a transmission from Ordis/Lotus indicating that something has happened here recently (on account of there being blood, toxic pools and errant electrical sparking around a clearly destroyed clearing). In the middle of the clearing is Jörmungandr's body, splayed out, and approximately 9 paces from the defeated Warframe is another defeated Warframe, this one being Volt. Ordis is curious and requests that you scan Jörmungandr with another Synthesis Scanner. Upon completion, you will head to the exit, which will have a runestone nearby. Once aboard the Orbiter, Ordis and Konzu will communicate with you and will share their knowledge, whereupon you will receive the Warframe blueprint and the Neuroptics blueprint. (Note: Mariana is the closest to the old Norse lands that we can currently get).    

TL:DR; Warframe based on the World Serpent.

Credit (again) to @Cpt_Schnapps. Go read their thread.

Apologies to them for how long it took. This is on me for not setting deadlines and continually pushing it back to further and further backburners. As an apology... you want any artwork, any signature weapons done, I'll do it. And I'll get it done within a week  of you asking.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Interesting Warframe, when JORMUNGANDR is in his Ouroboros can he move around and attack still? Or is he immobile?

you'd have to ask @Cpt_Schnapps, original creator - I think he remains immobile, though.

50 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Also really like the bit where the body is found near a volt in the last part of the quest.

Ohhhhhhh... that IS pretty funny.

On 2020-12-11 at 3:30 PM, keikogi said:

Some other fun facts about the Cascabel:

1. It's a shotgun pistol. With 38% crit.
  2. The first shot has tighter spread than the Hek, and it gets progressively worse as the magazine decreases. Accuracy is tied to magazine size. The idea is that you're meant to be closing the distance while it's equipped. You'll probably want to use Ice Storm on it.
  3. The first two shots (or so) fire eight projectiles from each concentric ring of barrels the final one does 12.5% more damage because it fires a ninth projectile.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:
  • The first shot has tighter spread than the Hek, and it gets progressively worse as the magazine decreases. Accuracy is tied to magazine size. The idea is that you're meant to be closing the distance while it's equipped. You'll probably want to use Ice Storm on it.
  • The first two shots (or so) fire eight projectiles from each concentric ring of barrels the final one does 12.5% more damage because it fires a ninth projectile.

These are some quite simple mechanics ( that make sense given the weapon visual desing ) that go a long way into creating a playstyle and identity to the weapon.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, keikogi said:

These are some quite simple mechanics ( that make sense given the weapon visual desing ) that go a long way into creating a playstyle and identity to the weapon.

As (mostly) ripped from the Pepper Pot from Spacelords! Except that one has no way of increasing its magazine size. And the final shot doing 12.5% more damage, that was... sort of an accident, I just drew in a central barrel and rolled with it.

Honestly, the Pepper Pot felt like it'd fit better in Warframe, because we run up towards (or bullet jump towards) enemies all the time. At the range of most engagements in this game, accuracy on the Cascabel wouldn't matter overmuch. You're meant to shoot people at short to medium range with the first shot and work your way up into punching range.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

As (mostly) ripped from the Pepper Pot from Spacelords! Except that one has no way of increasing its magazine size. And the final shot doing 12.5% more damage, that was... sort of an accident, I just drew in a central barrel and rolled with it.

Honestly, the Pepper Pot felt like it'd fit better in Warframe, because we run up towards (or bullet jump towards) enemies all the time. At the range of most engagements in this game, accuracy on the Cascabel wouldn't matter overmuch. You're meant to shoot people at short to medium range with the first shot and work your way up into punching range.

Taking inpiration from other games is a finne way to create new stuff. Expecially when it fits well. Frankly I´ve been trying to port stuff from vnquish to warframe (namely their boost slide thing , it would fit really well around here ). 

4 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Taking inpiration from other games is a finne way to create new stuff. Expecially when it fits well. Frankly I´ve been trying to port stuff from vnquish to warframe (namely their boost slide thing , it would fit really well around here ). 

Especially when it fits better. :This is like... 75% of what I do.  75% of what I do is also looking for niches the game hasn't filled.

(The overlap is for when I'm doing both at once :P)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Especially when it fits better. :This is like... 75% of what I do.  75% of what I do is also looking for niches the game hasn't filled.

(The overlap is for when I'm doing both at once :P)

Have a look at doom ethernal, they have a few really neat weapons. Shotgun with hook to dash towards enemies ( reverse harponak ) , the plasma cammon tha capitalizes on the weapon overheating an so on 

3 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Have a look at doom ethernal, they have a few really neat weapons. Shotgun with hook to dash towards enemies ( reverse harponak ) , the plasma cammon tha capitalizes on the weapon overheating an so on 

The first shotgun I did on this thread was also kind of Harpak-like, cause it pulls people in so you can shotgun them at point-blank range. Except I took even more inspiration from harpoon guns. :P

Had not seen you made another warframe. Let me have a look

On 2020-12-13 at 9:31 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Jörmungandr's Melee attacks have a 50% chance of inflicting 5% Toxin on hit. Unlike other Warframes, all four abilities are available to the player upon level 1 Warframe Mastery.

The melee portion seems fine but the whole all skill are available at level 1 seems unnecessary because that kind of passive should go on frame that needs it's ( a frame that works like invoker from dota ) because most of the time the frame is level 30 anyways.

I would reduce the number of buffs and make the buff be choosable by killing the right enemy. Like have the swbuff affect 3 enemies and each enemy has a sword , a shield and a Head as debuff icons and the player can pick the right buff by order of kill.

Jörmungandr melee specters, that moves forward as a single unit at 75% base speed, and pushes enemies closer together. Ability deactivates upon standing still for more than 2 sec. Each specter deals 50% damage of Jörmungandr, and attacks at 100% speed. Specters will die normally if damaged past Jörmungandr's current (at time of casting) health stat.

This skill is way stronger than it seems because with a right reach melee weapon the weapons attacks will overlap dealing a way better dps than 50% of jomunguard dps. I would suggest to cap the specters at 5 

Jörmungandr Creates 2 Runestones in the room. Upon destruction of one, the other dematerializes, and the destroyed Runestone bestows it's powers on Jörmungandr. Each runestone will materialize randomly in your immediate location and will be marked. 
Runestone: Health and Shields - Restore 50% Health and Shields and remove Status Effects.
Runestone: Damage - True Deal 10% of all Damage as True Damage for 10 Seconds

If the player can damage the stone this seems like a pointless hoop to jump trought ( an Im fan of people jumping trought hoops to get their buffs ) if the player can't damage them the buff is to unreliable even for my standards 

: Jörmungandr curls into a circle, hovering in midair and stays like this until released. Any damage dealt to Jörmungandr in this form is treated normally as well as absorbed as stacks of damage for Ragnarok activation.  

No taunt makes the damage part not that good and frankly I would slap a self buff in a similar manner to harrow crit buff , as it is right now this skill sounds like a slitly better version of Nix 4.

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

Had not seen you made another warframe. Let me have a look

On 2020-12-13 at 7:31 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Well... not me. @Cpt_Schnapps did. I just did the art.

I would reduce the number of buffs and make the buff be choosable by killing the right enemy. Like have the swbuff affect 3 enemies and each enemy has a sword , a shield and a Head as debuff icons and the player can pick the right buff by order of kill.

That sounds fun!

If the player can damage the stone this seems like a pointless hoop to jump trought ( an Im fan of people jumping trought hoops to get their buffs ) if the player can't damage them the buff is to unreliable even for my standards 

Understandable. This is why I made Vulkodlak focus so much on self-damage for fun and GROFIT. Admittedly, his 3 was kinda cumbersome and required allies to reach its full potential. Perhaps I could make it so it turns an enemy into a voodoo doll for you. That would be cool.

• Like 1

On 2020-12-13 at 11:42 PM, Neo3602 said:

Interesting Warframe, when JORMUNGANDR is in his Ouroboros can he move around and attack still? Or is he immobile?

Also really like the bit where the body is found near a volt in the last part of the quest.

My apologies for the long lapse in anything- work has had me bent over the table lately. And to answer, he remains immobile. Point is to take damage, and then send it back, not run and hide sort of deal. Feel free to stop by my thread and shoot some feedback, I am open to improvements. 

Many thanks to @Fluffywolf36 for his work on the concept art, I would love to see it when it is fully colored.

And now, enough of me pirating the thread lol 

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Schnapps said:

Many thanks to @Fluffywolf36 for his work on the concept art, I would love to see it when it is fully colored.

I've not colored a frame before (mainly because they're so much more detailed than guns that I was kinda afraid to try lmao)

Though a friend commissioned me to make a colored drawing of his samoyed, so who knows what the future might hold. Be interesting to try and color a frame in. What're your thinking his color palette would be? Also, do you want a Signature Gun?

Color Palette I feel would be more of a rustic pattern, with Golden-brown hues and Steel or Gunmetal Gray in there somewhere, with a bright Green fade to Forest Green. Your call though on how you would like it to look.

As for gun, feel free to make a selection from your many contributions to compliment it, I have faith it will look amazing.

This is not, by any means, the next gun I have planned. But BEHOLB:

the BLYAT

filename_by_fluffywolf36_deam3f5-pre.jpg

Time was, I could just post this and call it done. But, now, I have to do stuff like add stats. And a gimmick. And color it. Not that I'm complaining, mind. Coloring artwork actually makes me money! 

The gimmick, by the way, is essentially that this is a fun-size assault rifle. With a flaregun. If you're wondering what its deal is, simply put, this is a bootleg Aksomati made in caves with boxes of scraps.

• Like 2

COMING SOON ™:

It was designed for use against human targets. Against civilians, enemies of the Orokin Empire, and subversives. While the Orokin outwardly made the claim that it was humanity against the “alien hordes” of Sentients*, inwardly they couldn’t pretend to care in the slightest. While they preached unity with the disparate petty states and factions on the fluctuating boundary between Sentient and Orokin territory, especially the Corpus…

…the Orokin valued them mostly for cannon fodder. And, if some leader on moons such as Iapetus or Philophrosyne or Epimetheus, or some Corpus executive got dangerous ideas about advancing themselves or others, if sending a message was more important than stealth, then a Tenno or Scoria assassin armed with this weapon was sent to deal with them.

Fidelias Sanjarani Perrin describes one such occurrence, which was later transcribed by Drusus Leverian:

“Anonymous Ion. The Orokin described them as an organizer, but they were nothing so prosaic. By most accounts, Ion was descended from Vaulters, even though the last Vaulters were put in the residential academies years and years ago. The running theory was that Ion was a kind of collective persona, or maybe a set of implanted memories, or even both. Others who thought they were the same person, claimed that Ion used void sorcery to fuel their “unnatural resilience,” or that they used life-extending nanotech completely distinct from Orokin designs. 

Whatever the case. Anonymous Ion would wander from planet to planet, and tell them stories of life before the Orokin. About things like the machines that were once everywhere, about representative democracy, about the wealth people could live in before the rise of the Orokin. They didn’t necessarily want people to rebel, though I doubt they’d complain.

They wanted to keep memory alive.

I decided to visit one. We ventured deep into the catacombs beneath the city of Joburo on Ganymede. Beneath even its sewers, in tunnels so ancient we’d all forgotten their purpose, we found Anonymous Ion - standing on a plinth in front of a disused pipe, ancient banners trailing behind them.

Anonymous Ion themselves… well. It’s hard to describe them. They wore a billowing cloak of strips of fabric, and a red mask with a long pointed nose, a sloping crescent of a forehead, and a nose with a passing resemblance to a harpoon.They didn’t mention their pronouns, and I was of the opinion it didn’t matter. Not really.

You never had control over the subject that Anonymous Ion would explain to you. It could be anything. And today’s was about Corpus. Ion told us that once upon a time, there were organizations like the Corpus all across the system, where anyone could make their fortune. People could live not quite as comfortably as Orokin nobles, but not far off from that, either. They told us how the Corpus way of life could become the future, and I was struck by just how this radically underpinned the rhetoric of Parvos Granum.

“How had he not used this?” I wondered.

All was not well. They talked about the abuses of these corporations, talking points often repeated by the Orokin. But even so, I was left with the impression that Ion was unable to disagree with the idea behind it - the idea that someone could raise themselves up from being dirt poor to unforeseen comfort. They quoted Jarvi, in that moment. They talked about how we all deserved the opportunity to transform ourselves.

‘How many of you,’ Ion asked, ‘could have been painters? Sculptors? Inventors? How many of you could have changed the Origin System a hundred times over, a thousand times over, but found yourselves kept under the yoke of Orokin who see you as less than a farm animal?’

I found that I was too scared to try and answer that.

‘How many of you-’ they continued.

And they would never finish that question. For before I knew it, two darts poked from their forehead.

A scream unlike any I had yet heard issued forth from their throat. It sounded like a machine shaking itself apart, with a strange tinny double echo. Something black or red dripped from under their mask, staining the gray fabric of their coat.

They leapt into the crowd, still making that void-damned noise. They sounded like a wounded animal. One of their limbs shot out, and punched through an unfortunate bystander, stained with red and white.

They jumped forward towards another bystander. I saw chunks of something red sloughing off them out from under their clothes. Anonymous Ion raced towards another crowd member, who simply ruptured as they were ripped apart.

“THERE!” I heard someone yell, pointing up towards the ceiling. I followed their gaze to see what was unmistakably a Warframe, though I didn’t know its pattern and likely never will. It was wreathed in black-green smoke, holding a pistol. Somehow, I knew it had shot Ion.

Its helmet darted to and fro. I was left wondering if it was panicking, if it was searching for another solution. It jumped, rushed towards me-

The strange rifles of Ion’s bodyguards roared. Beams of pure black ringed with white lanced into the Warframe, enveloping it in black un-light.

It flew back in midair, tumbling - only for another black beam to catch it, evaporating it in an un-flash of a bright black light. When it faded, when light returned, we cautiously looked around, feeling almost safe, realizing that they’d taken down Ion as well.

For a moment, we dared to catch out breath.

Then someone next to me coughed.

And the warframe burst forth from their throat.

• Like 1

Corpus 'Arca Pulsar' Burst Laser Rifle

“Essentially a Scisco ‘upscaled’ into a carbine and augmented with a Radiant Zodian focus lens, this scoped pulse laser rifle increases damage on successive hits. It's also auto-burst!! However, it also ionizes the atmosphere directly in front of the weapon, causing moderate recoil*.”

corpus__arca_pulsar__rifle_by_fluffywolf

Special Traits: 

target analysis - adds 2% damage for each successive hit for a total of 20% bonus damage, status, and critical chance. This is divided into five stacks, similar to the Arca Scisco. Body shots increase headshot damage by 10% for a total of 50% - this is consumed after a successful headshot. After 2 seconds, you lose a stack - and thus 4% damage.

Scope: Comes with three zoom modes:

1.     1x zoom - regular old zoom
  2.     2x Zoom 
  3.     4x Zoom

*Note: I don’t know if giving it recoil makes sense, but giving this thing recoil just made sense with the gimmick. I wanted this to be Corpus - and they just don’t do projectile weapons.

Lore

The Arca Plasmor was an unprecedented success for the upstart ARCA weapons development firm, catapulting Arca - and thus Anyo Corp, its parent company - into overnight fame. Customers from all over the Corpus (and others) cried out to them for a weapon that’d live up to the standards of the Plasmor.

The Arca Pulsar was their answer. Spurred on by an idle remark from a Corpus Tech-Sergeant by the name of Sennan: “I like the Scisco, but it’d be nice if you could add a stock.”

As such, it was built from a slightly upscaled Scisco frame. The earliest prototypes were essentially Sciscos with numerous devices bolted onto the frame. It retains the Arca Scisco’s Target Analysis capability, adding increased status chance and critical chance for each shot it lands on an enemy.  It's also auto-burst, giving it an almost SMG-like role.

There were downsides to all this, however. Firstly, it’s not as collapsible as Arca’s other offerings. This was partly as a consequence of securing the advanced machinery, partly for marketing purposes - the idea was for Arca to market their new weapon as a simple, understandable, accessible “everyman’s” gun, despite its high tech and materials cost.

Secondly, it has actual recoil, as the laser ionizes the air. This makes it perhaps the only laser weapon in the Origin System with muzzle climb - minuscule though it is.

It’s more muzzle climb than the Tiberon, strangely enough. Holding down the trigger will fire out a charged beam that does radial damage. Tap altfire to scope in!

Stats
Trigger: Auto Burst
Magazine: 72
Zoom: 2.0x 
4.0x
Fire Rate: 18
Burst Count: 4
Damage: 33
Puncture: 11
Slash: 6
Heat: 16
Critical Chance: 18%
Critical Multiplier: 2.2x
Status chance: 37%
Combo Decay: 3s

Artist Notes

Weirdest thing. My heart just… wasn’t in this as much as I would’ve hoped. I don’t know why. Maybe I feel exhausted by how this weapon has so many gimmicks. Maybe I feel like I’m neglecting pony stuff to do it. There was a fanfic I wanted to write, after all. Or maybe I just ████████████████████████████████. 

It’s not to say I didn’t want to do this, but more that I didn’t have the energy I hoped. I’m not… quitting, that’d be the worst possible christmas present to everyone who follows me. Also, I still want to use this artwork to leverage myself into the Partner program and possibly canonize this stuff. I still enjoy writing lore, and I still enjoy making the WF universe bigger.

I just… had to put much more work into getting this out there than on, say, the Meatmaker. And several pistols I scratched out earlier that I haven’t posted yet. 

Anyway. This weapon was something I’d toyed with for a long time. I thought the Arca Scisco in burstfire rifle form would be a lot of fun! Originally, this was supposed to be a Tenno weapon, but then rethought it after huginthecrow pointed out I was overusing weapons with multiple zoom levels and increased crit, so I made a Tenno/Sentient burst rifle with a status gimmick instead.

This sat on the backburner for a long time.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

target analysis - adds 2% damage for each successive hit for a total of 20% bonus damage, status, and critical chance. This is divided into five stacks, similar to the Arca Scisco. Body shots increase headshot damage by 10% for a total of 50% - this is consumed after a successful headshot. After 2 seconds, you lose a stack - and thus 4% damage. 

The bonus headshot damage per body shot is a bit of trap feature. The player would be better off just shooting the head. If the weapon had a alt fire with massive damage This kind of feature could make sense like the player stacks the head shot with the main fire and uses them for the alt fire. This seems to be your intention but I'm pretty sure the next shot ( as far as the game is concerned ) is the first hit of the beam weapon hit. Also the game mechanics works against beam charges because beams use a ramping mechanic so just giving the weapon a opticor shot would work better.

Other than that I love the weapon because I'm a huge fan of the arcade scisco.

13 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Also the game mechanics works against beam charges because beams use a ramping mechanic so just giving the weapon a opticor shot would work better.

...that's a good point, actually. I can add that in later.

20 minutes ago, keikogi said:

. This seems to be your intention but I'm pretty sure the next shot ( as far as the game is concerned ) is the first hit of the beam weapon hi

I was thinking something along the lines of how Headseeker works in Destiny... while also adding bonus damage to the beam. You raise some great points here.

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

was thinking something along the lines of how Headseeker works in Destiny... while also adding bonus damage to the beam. You raise some great points here.

You can just change the wording two the next charged shot has bonus damage , since this wording should include the entire duration of the beam and it would make hard to waste the charge with the main fire.