Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

The Vernal is very sleek and well crafted. Excellent work on the coloring and shading and those details are gorgeous. I think that it would fit well into the game with those stats. 

The lore behind it is intriguing. I would like to know more about the Oeizu and their place in the system. I'm currently writing out my own faction, the Tucktarians. These fan sections are a sandbox, don't feel like you have to hold back. The Origin System is vast and it is absurd to think that its peoples could be described by only a few named factions. Go nuts.

8 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

The Vernal is very sleek and well crafted. Excellent work on the coloring and shading and those details are gorgeous. I think that it would fit well into the game with those stats. 

Thanks so much, dood!  I had a lot of fun with this one. The idea is that the Prisma Grinlok has better sustained damage (cause, y'know, better magazine) and more status, but this thing requires a bit more precision.

8 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

The lore behind it is intriguing. I would like to know more about the Oeizu and their place in the system

You think this is good, you should see the lore drop that will be a sequel to this. It's got an upside-down face in it, a cameo from VULKODLAK, and lots of references to the Protomen. They're pretty poggers.

As for the Oeizu, well.... the simplest way to put it is that they're the Belters from The Expanse, a catchall term for people from the moons around Jupiter, Saturn, and Ceres, all of whom have grown up in virtually no gravity. So they're tall, thinly built, and have a laundry list of health issues because of this. Virtually none of them can step foot on a planet without large amounts of drugs and conditioning.  So they exist in the lowest-gravity habitats and traverse the system on ancient ships - there's a lot of overlap between them and Ostrons in that way. In Corpus space, they're trusted for zero-gravity repairs, mining, and other stuff. Their main defense from  Grineer is to run away as fast as possible.

According to their mythology, they once ruled a swathe of space from the Jovians to Saturn, and maybe even Uranus, but that time has passed, and many Corpus regard it with scorn because of how many of them can't even set foot on planetary bodies with sufficiently high gravity. They're a deformed underclass subject to no small amount of racism by the Corpus.

While Belter stuff in the Expanse is much more... rugged, covered in much more junk, and wouldn't look out of place in Deadspace, Oeizu stuff is much more raygun gothic. It's all very long, thin, sleek, and rounded.

I love drawing stuff that's raygun gothic =D I wonder what a raygun gothic shotgun would look like.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I love drawing stuff that's raygun gothic =D I wonder what a raygun gothic shotgun would look like.

Image result for grordbort gun

UPDORT: I have thought on it. Probably kind of like this, but... add some dishes, more chrome, more of a cherry-red color, remove the wood, add some aluminum, add a larger handguard...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

I'm not entirely versed with raygun gothic so thank you for giving an example. Hell yeah I can get behind that.

I mean I'm happy if it helped, but, the thing I just posted... it feels a little more steampunk to me cause of the wood furniture, this is closer to what I think when I think "raygun gothic."

67d31af0e3b71034f16e6b85148d1143.jpg

Lots of aluminum, a heavily mechanical look, long sweeping curves... which I guess that last one has. But the guns in this post have less wood!  A better example might be the Shrink Ray from Outer Worlds, which... I barely used, but it just looks so cool. It's got all these rounded lines, it looks so bright and smooth... 

Fallout might also be a decent example, but Fallout is more atompunk and dieselpunk, so everything looks a bit harder and dirtier.the-outer-worlds-shrink-ray-guide.jpg

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

I was under the impression raygun gothic was sort of tying to the 50's and 60's, with crazy over the top laser designs of various kinds-the same sort of era that the Fallout series attempted to capture. I thought with your first reply it was something different- I thought maybe there was another subsect where they considered the use of vacuum tubes in some crazy over the top design. Either way I find it fascinating.

Edited by Teoarrk
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

was under the impression raygun gothic was sort of tying to the 50's and 60's, with crazy over the top laser designs of various kinds-the same sort of era that the Fallout series attempted to capture

It totally is, you were right =D It's just that fallout goes for enough dirtiness to muddle that a bit. I just see the wood as sort of a vestige of an earlier era. Atompunk, btw, is... according to a quick google, 

Raypunk, or in architectural design circles referred to as Raygun Gothic, is the retrofuture with an eye for a bright future. Atompunk generates dystopian vibes and warns of a dreaded future in which the atomic bomb desecrated all humankind. Atompunk is bleak and afraid.Feb 21, 2020

So Fallout feels more atompunk to me because it places so much emphasis on the worst parts of the atomic age - racism, classism, the worst parts of american exceptionalism, and the sheer destructive power of the atom bomb.
25 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Either way I find it fascinating.

I love it so much =D I love the lines, I love the chrome, I love the brightness, and... it just evokes this feeling of optimism and childlike joy within me.

• Like 1

On 2021-02-07 at 4:59 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

...Yeah, that makes sense!

This is an early version of drawing btw, it's inspired by Malcolm Reynolds' gun and the Heavy Assault Rifle from Outer Worlds.

Not sure if it loads like a regular assault rifle with a box mag, or if it loads through the top like an M1 Garand. It's called the Jubal. I don't know why, but adding... about 3-5 inches more of barrel just makes it look weird to me.

Filename by Fluffywolf36

That, and I figure since the Jovians are more industrialized and have much more Corpus industry and civilization than Venus, there's more of a "civilian" population, and the Jovians can have a larger impact by shutting off a system here or there or using hacktivism.

...I think I want to integrate that into a future lore entry somehow. Perhaps one for Level Dawn.

Give me a mo...

When I first gave it a look over, it looked like, based on the enlarged magazine rim, it was standard magazine-fed style, though, that’s personal view on my part. I thought it had a magazine pull-tab on the bottom as well for easy out for magazines, but, that might be a misdraw.

AH, your “Dawner Party” reminds me of the Perrin Sequence, but, with an even more grassroots approach to it’s philosophy, talking to their fellow men as equals, rather then ethical turncoats from above descending to bring the people into a modern capitalist lifestyle. 

Regarding your latest weapon, give me some time sir, and I shall paint you a picture of what my mind sees (right down to that “”heavy”” (uninsulting) bit at the end.) 

Forgive me for the long delay between postings, lately, I almost seem to lack the energy to even chat, which is almost as infuriating as the slow design production, because good LORD do I want to talk to you all!

2 hours ago, Unus said:

When I first gave it a look over, it looked like, based on the enlarged magazine rim, it was standard magazine-fed style, though, that’s personal view on my part. I thought it had a magazine pull-tab on the bottom as well for easy out for magazines, but, that might be a misdraw.

Honestly, that was probably what I was gonna do anyway. It was... sort of an accident that it ended up looking the way it did. I was gonna have it load like an M1 Garand, but the longer this went, the more that just felt... weirdly unnatural. Something about making this load like a normal assault rifle while being short and heavy just... makes sense.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

AH, your “Dawner Party” reminds me of the Perrin Sequence, but, with an even more grassroots approach to it’s philosophy, talking to their fellow men as equals, rather then ethical turncoats from above descending to bring the people into a modern capitalist lifestyle. 

Level Dawn's existence is a sort of... logical extrapolation or mirror or whatever of my changing views towards capitalism. I spent a lot of time thinking "hey, maybe it can be reformed, we can do this," but after years of hollowness, of cruelty that verged from the impersonal to the outright gleeful, I was thinking "You know what? I'm just gonna go further left" and lost my belief in it.

The Corpus can be seen as everything grotesque about american and Canadian capitalism  with the excuses and veneers filed off - they literally worship profit, they turn even a worker's very body into a commodity, they use the Solaris as virtual slaves paying off debts from their grandfathers. If the lore about indoctrination is still applicable, they don't even see the mind as anything but a commodity.

That's... even more reasons to become disillusioned with capitalism than we have, right now. Reasons that are, in their own way, more personally harming. So Level Dawn stopped believing they could (or should) reform the Corpus way of life, and don't believe they should even bother. Plus, I love the idea of a communist uprising against an evil megacorp.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Regarding your latest weapon, give me some time sir, and I shall paint you a picture of what my mind sees (right down to that “”heavy”” (uninsulting) bit at the end.) 

Don't even trip, dawg. Do it at your own pace. 

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Forgive me for the long delay between postings, lately, I almost seem to lack the energy to even chat, which is almost as infuriating as the slow design production, because good LORD do I want to talk to you all!

I feel your pain, Unus. Oh, how I feel it. It doesn't help that I often find myself working on this stuff pretty late at night, or after a long day of gaming, or that I end up posting a finished gun super late at night and then collapse into the embrace of sleep.

• Like 1

Suggest a concept, how about weapons like from a demon / spirit realm.

Because of Sevagoth:

This Warframe goes in the direction of the evil spirit, so if there is a series of quests to unlock it you are already thinking about "is the Void some kind of afterlife?"

Infested weapons are more suited to plague and disease, but here we need something in the direction of the soul harvester.

My suggestion for matching weapons that could also find a place for the upcoming update.

Something that looks like it's out of this world, but it can't look alien like an alien.

The only problem is, what should ghost guns look like?

One could orientate oneself on Warhammer 40K, weapons that are covered with skin and bones, but these weapons are not alive like those of the infested, these weapons are again metallic and strange inside.

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Daemon_Weapon

https://prey.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Prey_Weapons

A strange look like the microphone from the band Korn.

https://www.taringa.net/+info/historia-del-microfono-de-korn_ye3sk

6 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

This Warframe goes in the direction of the evil spirit, so if there is a series of quests to unlock it you are already thinking about "is the Void some kind of afterlife?"

"A sunless place in a direction you cannot point to" definitely sounds like the Void.

6 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

One could orientate oneself on Warhammer 40K, weapons that are covered with skin and bones, but these weapons are not alive like those of the infested, these weapons are again metallic and strange inside.

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Daemon_Weapon

https://prey.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Prey_Weapons

Love this stuff =D I've played BOTH prey games and the first one is a lot of fun. It's... just such an aggressively bizarre, surreal experience. There's one gun I have here, the toma, that's inspired by the chemsprayer.

I will consider this. I might also take a look at some of the guns from Outriders - they have a fairly similarly unreal look to them.

• Like 2

I am glad that you are not averse to the proposal

In keeping with how Sevagoth can change shape, a weapon that also changes shape would be interesting.

I mean something similar to the [Dark Split-Sword] where you can change between heavy blade and double sword.

I actually found something in the game Nioh 2 that comes very close to my imagination.

The Switchglaives, Something Between Scythe (which may go with the Evil Void Spirit) and possibly a two other weapon shapes.

They look cool, but you can hardly change the shape in the middle of the mission.

https://nioh2.wiki.fextralife.com/Seething+Dragon

https://nioh2.wiki.fextralife.com/Black+Lotus

The forms Pro [Stance mod] would be:

-Scythe = a scythe with a 90 ° angled blade.

-Glaive = The blade is straight.

-Heavy Blade = the blade is folded in and the weapon looks like a long ax.

-Machete = When I look at the Kama and Kreska, you could also use this scythe with one hand if the handle is retractable.

I hope these ideas help.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I was gonna tell you to reverse image search it, but then I reverse image searched it myself, and realized that wasn't too helpful, so I'mma just tell you. That's not just any bolter, that's the Perinetus bolter, which is semiauto-only.

It kinda reminded me of the stalker bolters from Space Marine, but with an elongated barrel and no scope. You learn a new thing every day. Thanks :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teoarrk said:

It kinda reminded me of the stalker bolters from Space Marine, but with an elongated barrel and no scope. You learn a new thing every day. Thanks :)

Can't fault you for that one, the Stalker Bolter is probably more well-known cause everyone got their hands on it in a relatively well-known videogame... meanwhile, I think the Perinetus is from Dark Heresy.

The Perinetus is honestly closer to what I was going for, cause... well, it's not scoped, it's not silenced.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

The Perinetus is honestly closer to what I was going for, cause... well, it's not scoped, it's not silenced.

Making it the smoking gun that shoots true in the hands of a good marksman and lets the entire world know exactly where the shot came from. Makes sense in a Warframe's hands.

7 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Making it the smoking gun that shoots true in the hands of a good marksman and lets the entire world know exactly where the shot came from. Makes sense in a Warframe's hands.

As is written in the Big Book of Tenno Stealth, "can't be noticed if there's nobody LEFT to notice!"

EDIT: The real reason it has no scope, though, is because it's an Entrati gun - and I need to set it up for a siphon-powered altfire.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

The next weapon is still gonna be... well. It's not gonna be what I'm describing below. But y'see, I've been on a bit of a 40k kick today, learning about the fact that there's actually a planet in the eye of terror that's a single morbidly obese man, and so I had this sentence rolling around in my head for awhile today:

“I don’t know how - but he says it’s from the Cursed Moon."

So now I gotta find out just what the Cursed Moon is. (I'm thinking either Halimede or Pasiphae.) And what the weapon is. And what it does. For some reason, I have a gigeresque aesthetic in mind....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

The next weapon is still gonna be... well. It's not gonna be what I'm describing below. But y'see, I've been on a bit of a 40k kick today, learning about the fact that there's actually a planet in the eye of terror that's a single morbidly obese man, and so I had this sentence rolling around in my head for awhile today:

“I don’t know how - but he says it’s from the Cursed Moon."

So now I gotta find out just what the Cursed Moon is. (I'm thinking either Halimede or Pasiphae.) And what the weapon is. And what it does. For some reason, I have a gigeresque aesthetic in mind....

Personally, while I continue to hammer away at my own troubles with getting my concepts down and having the energy to do so AND to describe your recent work with a clear and sound mind + juicy details,

who’s to say it isn’t a chunk of Deimos that has gone off on it’s own? Quarter of a mile wide of something that even the Grey up and rejected off into the Sol system to make it someone else’s problem?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Unus said:

Personally, while I continue to hammer away at my own troubles with getting my concepts down and having the energy to do so AND to describe your recent work with a clear and sound mind + juicy details,

who’s to say it isn’t a chunk of Deimos that has gone off on it’s own? Quarter of a mile wide of something that even the Grey up and rejected off into the Sol system to make it someone else’s problem?

Perhaps, but I think I'd rather make it just its own larger moon. Halimede and Pasiphae are some of the only two that're sufficiently big that I haven't used yet. Hyperion ad Iapetus are occupied, Himalia has... something going on, and...

Hmmm. Perhaps I will use Mimas. That could be cool.

some artwork of that pistol from the Cursed Moon that I mentioned awhile back! I thought I'd draw more, but honestly, I think I nailed it with one of these two. I think I'm gonna do the bottom one. You gotta have some... relatively unadorned spaces on a gun, and I kinda like how it is on that bottom one.

filename_by_fluffywolf36_deebt6v-pre.jpg

Also, I like... totally forgot about the fact that next update will be an Umbral Ayatan one. I'd say it has spoilers, but there's a couple things about that:

1. Is it really a spoiler if we all know by now?
  2. I designed it specifically so it has to take place after The Second Dream.
  3. ...Making the open world segments so dependent on TSD might be a bad idea, but you know what? Screw it. I think I'm just gonna exploit the fact that you have a player character WITH VOCAL CORDS AND A MOUTH as much as I can.
  4. Someone's face gets ripped off and placed on another guy's face upside down. This has nothing to do with how spoilery it all is, I just like that part.
  • Like 1