Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Corpus 'Caldra' Fusion Cutter

corpus__caldra__fusion_beam_cutter_by_fl

A Caldra? Don’t see these too often anymore. These things were the best cutting tools you could get. Orokin composites, Vallis substrates, minerals…. And overseers nobody would miss.”
—Rude Zuud

Special Traits: Increases total damage by 5% for each tick on an enemy for a total of 50% bonus damage. 

Depending on who you ask, the Caldra was either work of astounding genius or astounding stupidity. Or both. A supremely effective cutting tool manufactured by Anyo Corp, the Caldra fires a short but intense beam of heat that punches through almost any material. Like similar Cephalon weapons produced by those such as Suda, it has incredible functionality, easily able to cut small holes in a pinch and serve as a welder.

However.

When equipped with a Radiant Zodian lens and various “improvements” from Solaris kitbashers such as Zuud, the Caldra becomes a highly powerful machine pistol that ignores cover, makes a mockery of shields… and does more damage on a target the longer it’s trained on them.

While there are many tools turned to improvised weapons in the Origin  System, from the Gremlins to the motherwrench to Cephalon weapons to the Serro, the Caldra’s design almost begged to be weaponized. It took all of ten minutes for Rude Zuud to convert it into a weapon, it was concealable, usable against heavy armor, and it was practically given en masse to a worker caste of the Corpus who would happily beat their overseers to death with their own pelvises. Some theorists and CEOs within Corpus space theorize that the Caldra was incompetently made through typical Anyo Corp cost-cutting, while others suggest it was an active attempt by Anyo to provoke a Solaris revolt so he could take credit for disciplining his workers.

While the latter theory is contentious, Yesha Vos, leader of Vos Heavy Industries, has pointed out that there is no start to Anyo’s brilliance. He was reportedly distressed at how little argument he found.

Stats

• Fire Rate: 14
  • Trigger: Continuous
  • Magazine: 90
  • Reload: 2.1s
  • Damage: 24
  • 8 Heat
  • 10 Slash
  • 6 Puncture
  • Crit Chance: 24%
  • Crit Multiplier: 2.0x
  • Punch-Through: 6m

Artist Notes:
There’s surprisingly little to say this time - honestly, I just wanted to create something that was a hybrid of meltaguns, power tools, and a machine pistol.

• Like 3

Important Update: Headshots with the Largo now increase the explosion damage.

That is all

On 2020-10-29 at 7:06 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Largo' Pistol

largo_pistol_uploadable_by_fluffywolf36_

“This Tenno pistol was devised as a simplified Lex, meant to have a lower bore axis and thus less recoil. Unfortunately, this forced them to chamber it for lower-caliber rounds.

Fortunately, said rounds are explosive.”
Codex

Special Traits: Headshots increase explosion damage.

LORE

While powerful, the Lex and Lex Prime had some flaws the Tenno weren’t shy about explaining, such as low rate of fire, and high recoil. The Largo was designed to remedy all of this, using an action derived from various rifles to facilitate an extremely low bore axis. Due to its unique mechanism, the slide only reciprocates on the sides, which leaves the sights - and barrel - unmoving while the pistol fires.

It’s always chambered for explosive rounds. On Ganymede, it’s typically compared to the Hiro gyrojet pistol, questionably favorably. It’s much like the current 9mm vs. 45 debate among gun owners. On the one hand, the Largo’s bullets are faster than the Hiro and it holds more shots. On the other hand, the Hiro fires really, REALLY big bullets the same diameter as the average Ganymedean’s thumb.

Though bizarrely, it actually has more recoil than the Hiro, as it shoots actual bullets as opposed to tiny rockets.

Much like the Grineer Argonak, aiming this weapon releases a “laser painter” that highlights targets at short range. Crits with this weapon are near-guaranteed.

This is an exceptionally accurate, usable, robust, aimable pistol. Much like its ancestor, the Lex, it’s a common sight among civilian populations (Corpus or otherwise) that don’t have the money or tech base for energy weaponry.

The Tenno version comes with a small reflex sight that highlights enemies while scoped. Tap the altfire key to use it!

Unlike most Tenno weapons, they’re not made at Tenno foundries. The best source of Largo pistols is Eisenhorn Armory on Ganymede, located near the base of Chitorr Tower in A Bao A Qu.

Stats

STANDARD
Fire Rate: 4.6s
Magazine Size: 10+1
Reload: 2.5s
Total Damage: 108

IMPACT:
Damage: 54
18 Slash
24 Impact
12 Puncture
Critical Chance: 40%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4
Status Chance: 18%

RADIAL
Damage: 54
18 Slash
24 Heat
12 Impact
Critical Chance: 40%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4
Status Chance: 18%
Blast Radius: 2m

Comparisons

This is extremely outclassed by most revolvers I’ve made... if we’re talking headshots. Two sequential headshots from the Depezador will bring it past the Largo’s damage, especially on headshots. The Makina’s headshot damage is ridiculous, the Naga does noticeably more on headshots. If we’re talking body shots, the Largo outclasses them.

The Estampida and Hiro, however, have lower velocity… but much, much higher damage. Especially on headshots.  The Hiro also has a larger blast radius, (which I should buff at some point) and the Estampida’s headshot damage is ridiculous.

Artist Notes

First off: I didn’t want to give it explosive rounds. But the longer I thought about it…. The fewer options I felt like I had.  It was really hard to make this stand out. Probably not helped by the fact it looks more Titanfall than WF.

I designed it as sort of a lower-damage equivalent to the Lex, and there were a lot of hoops I had to jump through. Has to do less damage on headshots than the Naga (I… don’t know if radial damage from this is included in headshots?), needs to be like a lower-damage Lex, easier to aim, needs to stand out next to the Marelok, Lex, and the Estampida that I made earlier… can’t have a gimmick dependent on headshots because I do that a lot… needs to be user friendly… 

And if I made this just a regular old hitscan pistol, it might feel… boring. Normal, even. I already made a semiauto pistol that loads like a conventional modern-day pistol, with a headshot gimmick and power comparable to some revolvers.

Some of you may be wondering: How would this even work? Why would you draw this so it looks like an upside-down 1911?

And the answer is complicated, but it boils down to: Because it was funny.

To make a long story short, I have a bunch of SLA Industries sourcebooks, one of which has a pistol that looks like a 1911 but almost upside-down save for the pistol grip. I’d been reading up on pistols such as the Laugo Arms Alien and wanted to draw something inspired by it. The Laugo Arms alien, by the way, actually does have a bore axis this low - which opened me up to giving the front of the weapon the same “upside-down-1911” look I saw in some of those SLA Industries sourcebooks.

The real reason the laser painter is there is because I couldn’t decide what else would be there, and I was all like “eh why not.”

It’s honestly a shame I used the name ‘Terminus’ already. This already has a laser sight, it’d be a dope Terminator reference. Then again, more people probably remember the lever-action shotgun than the AMT Hardballer Longslide from the first movie.

Also, Eisenhorn Armory is a reference to, of course, Gregor Eisenhorn from 40k. He has a bolt pistol that loads shells through the pistol grip, and you just gotta ask yourself: HOW BIG ARE HIS HANDS?!

I mean, I’ve seen a shotgun using specialty-made 12-gauge ammo that fits in a pistol grip, but good cripes. Dood must have enormous hands.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tenno/Entrati "Spartoi" Pistol

tenno_entrati__spartoi__pistol_by_fluffy

“A hybrid of Tenno and Entrati weaponry, designed after the Tenno Wakening by Haruka Lorne and Father. It’s a pistol-sized cluster bomb launcher that lags behind most other explosives
in terms of damage, but stands head and shoulders above them in terms of sheer number of explosions.” 

Codex

Special Traits
Releases explosions on headshots and headshot kills
* Headshots deal 20% bonus damage on impact and cause cluster bomblets to home in on other enemies

Lore

Claiming something is the most powerful pistol in the Tenno arsenal is… subjective. The Depezador hits like a truck after sufficient work, the Naga can devastate entire rooms with silent and not-so-silent headshots, the Estampida punches through heads like nothing else, the Sepulcrum roars through enemies, Pandero Prime and Lex Prime hit with the punch of some rifles, the Largo fires explosive incendiaries, and the Vasto Prime…. Isn’t that powerful, but it causes intense bleeding and it’s really funny to use with a Riven. There’s more, but this is getting too long.

The Spartoi isn’t the most powerful, but it’s a contender. It fires tiny cluster warheads that explode on impact…. And explode into three tiny warheads. Headshots deal bonus damage on impact, and cause these bomblets to seek out enemies. Using Entrati technology, headshot kills also cause explosions.

There’s just one problem: It’s… slow. Not unusably so, but you’d have an easier time using smaller, more manageable explosive sidearms like the Hiro, various kitguns, Largo, and Sepulcrum. They fire faster and travel faster.

Once you’ve gotten past that one downside and its low rate of fire, there’s nothing quite like firing the Spartoi and making everything explode all the time. It helps that it’s very accurate, even in hipfire, with less spread than comparable weapons like the Sepulcrum or Kulstar.

There’s one other thing that’s notable about it: It’s one of the extraordinarily few Tenno weapons built by the Tenno after the Tenno Wakening, with input from Father, Rude Zuud, and at least one Ganymedean factory. It’s far outside the price range of the average Origin System denizen…

But to a Tenno, with the resources of the Old War and a large sum of questionably acquired credits, well, it’s accessible enough.

Stats

• Trigger Type: Semi
  • Ammo Type: Secondary
  • Projectile
  • Noise Level: Alarming
  • Fire Rate: 4
  • Magazine: 9
  • Reload: 3s
  • Total Damage: 206

Impact:

Rocket Explosion

Headshot Explosion: 

Cluster Bombs

Headshot Kill explosion: 

ARTIST NOTES:

I was considering giving this a homing siphon altfire like the Sepulcrum, but…. Do I really want to be responsible for this thing throwing out about 27 explosions in one shot? Especially if it has Rivens and/or Galvanized Mods. It wasn’t a good idea.

Originally I didn’t plan on posting this just yet. But as it was, it was going to take too long to make a new post, I couldn’t think of a siphon altfire that was a good idea, and it’s genuinely hard to think of gimmicks that work well for precise, single-target shooting in this game, especially when I’ve found myself using the Sepulcrum and Amprex more and more nowadays.

(Though I do have yet another decent revolver idea I plan on at some point.)

This thing is sort of a bizarre amalgam of… a number of pistols. It’s meant to feel kind of like a bolter (you load it from the front, it feels baroque…)  but there’s influences from some Altered Carbon concept art (I liked the idea of the octagonal barrel being curved) and the Bergman 1895, also the Joch Bolter from Outer Worlds. There was definitely a joke in there somewhere.

The fact that this is essentially a weaker Kulstar is weird, and I don’t quite know what I was going for on this one. I think I just wanted something like a Kitgun that allowed the projectiles from that one arcane to be affected by multishot.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-04-01 at 7:16 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

POYANG Grenade Launcher

poyang__uncolored__by_haruaxeman-dc7m3w4poyang__colored__by_haruaxeman-dc7m325.j

"An ancestor of the Zarr, this Tenno pump-action incendiary grenade launcher was built for two things: battlefield control, and scouring Infested from the Origin System"

Mag size: 4 

Shotgun
Damage: 560
310 Heat
220 Slash
30 Puncture 
10 Impact
Critical Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 2.6x
Status Chance: 28%

Launcher:
Damage: 400
180 Blast
180 Incendiary
10 Impact
30 Slash
Status Chance: 23%
Crit Chance: 33%
Crit Multiplier: 2.7x
Blast Radius: 4.5 meters

Primary FireNapalm Grenade - fires an incendiary grenade that bursts on impact, leaving the floor burning. 
Secondary Fire: Dragon's Breath - Fires a shotgunlike blast of incendiary pellets.

The Poyang is a pump-action Tenno grenade launcher that is a study in contradictions. A Tenno weapon that was built to the artistic sensibilities of the Orokin... despite being their equivalent of the mass-produced, undercooked Grineer weaponry. Built among weapons that reward precision and accuracy... with two brutal firing modes. It seems either more Grineer than Tenno, or vice versa.

And the reason for that is simple: In the early years where the Orokin turned Grineer armed with saws and archaic ballistic weapons against the Sentients, where they died by the thousands and had lifespans measurable in minutes, it was a Grineer weapon. However, as the Grineer built their empire from a jumble of asteroids known as the Kuva Fortress, the Poyang was phased out in favor of the Zarr, which exchanged reload speed and rate of fire for larger warheads with bigger explosions, and the weapons used by Grineer Napalm troops. Both required less training and were simpler to build, anyway.

Upon impact, the Poyang's grenades have a stagger effect on enemies caught within the blast radius. It's a grenade launcher, it just wouldn't be the same without it.

Comparisons to other, similar weapons:
Zarr
: The Poyang has a better shotgun, but the Zarr's grenades cause more status, crit, and the radius is technically larger. Cause, y'know. Cluster bombs. Also, the Zarr has more physical damage. That said, unlike the Zarr, the Poyang is capable of reaching 100% status. While the Poyang's stats (except in terms of physical damage) may seem to surpass it, the Zarr essentially explodes twice. So really, it's up to you what you want to do here. The Poyang also has a slightly slower reload speed, and a mag size of four!
Proxima: has a smaller blast radius at 4.0, but this is to compensate for the fact that it's proximity-detonated. Also, SLASH PROCS FOR DAYS.
Volikor: While the Poyang absolutely outclasses the Volikor's dumbfire mode, (that's more of a quality of life thing) the Volikor absolutely outdoes it in terms of burst damage.

artist notes
My attempt at coloring a Warframe concept! I'm not that happy with the coloring (I have no clue how to color in wood grain) but overall, I think this is a good attempt. If you're wondering why it's called the Poyang, well... it's a pump action grenade launcher. That looks like a giant shotgun. You might as well google the word 'poyang' if you don't get the joke. Originally it was called the Qinghai, but, well, that didn't seem immediately recognizable enough.

As for why it has a shotgun mode, well... I didn't really want to, but I figured that it was pump action and people would think "shotgun" no matter what I did.

Id love to see a prime version for this. 

• Like 1

On 2021-09-10 at 2:43 PM, PitSARVAPGaming said:

Id love to see a prime version for this. 

... Huh. 

that's a good idea, actually.

There's a lot of ways this thing feels a little outdated. The thing was meant for a meta before melee dominated, when I didn't think we needed a Prime Zarr, and shotgun status chance ran on bringing it up to a hundred. (I forgot to edit this one's status. It is very old.) And as it happens, I like... totally forgot to talk about the reload time and pellet count.

I'll consider that.  Only question is what to do (besides, obviously, improved damage). Maybe... something that turns it into the Zarr on direct hits like Doomguy's shotgun in Doom 2016, a couple extra rounds... Something to smooth out reload time...

What do you think?

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

... Huh. 

that's a good idea, actually.

There's a lot of ways this thing feels a little outdated. The thing was meant for a meta before melee dominated, when I didn't think we needed a Prime Zarr, and shotgun status chance ran on bringing it up to a hundred. (I forgot to edit this one's status. It is very old.) And as it happens, I like... totally forgot to talk about the reload time and pellet count.

I'll consider that.  Only question is what to do (besides, obviously, improved damage). Maybe... something that turns it into the Zarr on direct hits like Doomguy's shotgun in Doom 2016, a couple extra rounds... Something to smooth out reload time...

What do you think?

Visually I need to really see it spiral and dragoney

Tenno ‘Adjudicas” revolver

“This trick shot revolver - more of a sawed-down rifle - overpenetrates on body shots and ricochets to nearby targets on headshots. If you don’t hit more than one target with this, you’re using it wrong.”

tenno__adjudicus__revolver__with_reload_

Another one of Haruka Lorne’s well-known revolvers, the Adjudicas was built on a long-forgotten pattern of chain rifle. Using a combination of advanced possibility-mining technology and Entrati Siphon technology, the Adjudicas somehow ricochets rounds fired on headshots towards nearby enemies. For each successive hit on an enemy, rounds that land headshots will hit more enemies, up to a total of five. On the first shot (assuming it’s a headshot) it ricochets to one enemy, and after two shots it ricochets to two enemies on headshots.

Or, from a more OOC perspective: Imagine a Jakobs revolver from Borderlands 3 and how on headshots they ricochet to nearby enemies. Now imagine that for landing one shot on an enemy, the next shot fired will ricochet to another enemy on headshots.*

And yes, this IS affected by the number of enemies hit by punch-through. 

However, the connection to alternate possibilities is fragile. The more you hit enemies, the more likely it could be that you hit others. But the revolver will “think” it’s unlikely if you miss a shot, so it loses all the “stacks” of ricochets at once if you miss. 

The Depezador was designed for power and accuracy; the Estampida was designed for overwhelming power at the cost of almost all else; the Naga was built for stealth…. and the Adjudicus was built mostly as a laugh on Haruka Lorne’s part, meant to set up increasingly strange trickshots and weaponize them. Unlike other similar weapons, it’s hitscan, so it’s much easier to use.

Out of all of Lorne’s revolvers, the closest comparison is likely the Makina. Both have a crowd-control effect on headshots, and both are revolvers. The difference is that the Makina is much more predictable with its crowd control, does more damage on headshots and is (surprisingly) better against single enemies, and requires less investment for maximum performance. Meanwhile, the Adjudicus truly shines as a crowd control weapon, functioning as an Amprex in revolver form. Or, in Father’s parlance, a Yahrzeit** in revolver form.

While hitscan is easy to use, there exists one other option. Flip-cocking the revolver’s lever action can “overcharge” it, firing a slow-moving explosive projectile for 33% bonus damage. It deals incredible crowd control damage, but it's far less forgiving than hitscan mode.

It was a favored sidearm of several of Haruka Lorne’s Tenno compatriots such as Ginebra, Thane, and Yassin, along with her favored Dax and “squires,” Valentina and Jubal the Smiler. During those times, it became a nightmare for human insurgents that the Tenno, punching through entire squads with one magazine. Due to how often the Tenno were deployed against Sentients and Infested, it never developed quite the same infamy as other Tenno firearms. But with the sheer number of relatively human enemies the Tenno face in the present-day Origin System, the nightmare slowly grows for Corpus and Grineer who find themselves at the business end of this powerful revolver.

Stats

• Magazine: 8
  • Reload: 2.6s

Semi

• Trigger: Semi
  • Fire rate: 2.4
  • Damage: 130
  • 63 Impact
  • 45 Slash
  • 22 Puncture
  • Status Chance: 42%
  • Critical chance: 20%
  • Critical multiplier: 2.6x
  • Punch-Through: 0.6m

Overcharge

• Trigger: Auto Charge
  • Charge Time: 0.64
  • Projectile

On Impact: 

• Damage: 75.6
  • 43.2 Impact
  • 32.4 Slash
  • Status Chance: 42%
  • Critical multiplier: 2.5x
  • Headshot Multiplier: 2.1x

Radial:

• Damage: 97.2
  • 21.6 Puncture
  • 43.2 Impact
  • 32.4 Slash
  • Status Chance: 42

*In fact, this was actually a Borderlands 3 idea at first. More on that later.
** Think of it like an Entrati Amprex. We'll get to that at some point.

Artist Notes:

It’s my FOURTH ANNIVERSARY OF DOING WF CONCEPTS and good lord man it has been a time. I'd just like to thank everyone who's been there on this thread and made it what it is - @Almighty_Jado, @Teoarrk, @Neo3602@Unus, @Teridax68@keikogi,@KaffeRausch, modernmercenary (who redesigned the Fuselok. I wonder why this was so popular sometimes) @HugintheCrow (even if he probably won't respond to this tag) stellarseeker, @BlackDiamondAce, and especially @Unus. You might be wondering why I mentioned Unus twice, and the answer is simple - I like that part =D And hell, I'll even thank Sean Bigham for approving of the Meridian autoshotgun that one time, along with whoever it is that probably looked at the Meridian when they made the Cedo.

Thanks, everyone. It wouldn't have been the same without you.

So I decided to spend it by doing what the thread has always been about on some level: More revolver.

This weapon is… weird. Coming up with revolver silhouettes is a strange thing for me to do, cause I’m not quite as willing as DE is to embrace the bizarre and do stuff like the Pandero, so this time - instead of looking at pistols - I worked from a revolver rifle silhouette. Specifically, a cap and ball rifle revolver.

As a result, there’s some… peculiarities here. For one thing, there’s the cylinder. It loads from the front, not the back. And, solely because it looks cool, you flip-@#&$ it while reloading, but it can easily be fired in double-action. There’s also the handguard, the lanyard, and… I probably would have drawn bayonet lugs at some point, but I got bored. This also originally had a much more complicated muzzle device, but I also got tired while trying to make that. 

As with many things I’ve done, the explosive altfire was sort of an accident, but this makes it more fun and lets you use the lever.

Oh, btw, to explain the Borderlands 3 thing - originally, I had an idea for a Jakobs revolver that increased ricochets just on body shots, but I thought about it and I had to ask myself “Do I really want to make a gun where you have to play badly to have the most fun from it?”

So I changed it to successive hits. To balance that out now, all the stacks are gone if you miss.

The name is also a Bleach reference. We have a gun called the Vasto, why not one with a name that sounds like “Adjuchas” ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

“This trick shot revolver - more of a sawed-down rifle - overpenetrates on body shots and ricochets to nearby targets on headshots. If you don’t hit more than one target with this, you’re using it wrong.”

tenno__adjudicus__revolver_by_fluffywolf

Another one of Haruka Lorne’s well-known revolvers, the Adjudicas was built on a long-forgotten pattern of chain rifle. Using a combination of advanced possibility-mining technology and Entrati Siphon technology, the Adjudicas somehow ricochets rounds fired on headshots towards nearby enemies. For each successive hit on an enemy, rounds that land headshots will hit more enemies, up to a total of five. On the first shot (assuming it’s a headshot) it ricochets to one enemy, and after two shots it ricochets to two enemies on headshots.

Or, from a more OOC perspective: Imagine a Jakobs revolver from Borderlands 3 and how on headshots they ricochet to nearby enemies. Now imagine that for landing one shot on an enemy, the next shot fired will ricochet to another enemy on headshots.*

However, the connection to alternate possibilities is fragile. The more you hit enemies, the more likely it could be that you hit others. But the revolver will “think” it’s unlikely if you miss a shot, so it loses all the “stacks” of ricochets at once if you miss. 

The Depezador was designed for power and accuracy; the Estampida was designed for overwhelming power at the cost of almost all else; the Naga was built for stealth…. and the Adjudicus was built mostly as a laugh on Haruka Lorne’s part, meant to set up increasingly strange trickshots and weaponize them. Unlike other similar weapons, it’s hitscan, so it’s much easier to use.

Out of all of Lorne’s revolvers, the closest comparison is likely the Makina. Both have a crowd-control effect on headshots, and both are revolvers. The difference is that the Makina is much more predictable with its crowd control, does more damage on headshots and is (surprisingly) better against single enemies, and requires less investment for maximum performance. Meanwhile, the Adjudicus truly shines as a crowd control weapon, functioning as an Amprex in revolver form. Or, in Father’s parlance, a Yahrzeit** in revolver form.

While hitscan is easy to use, there exists one other option. Flip-cocking the revolver’s lever action can “overcharge” it, firing a slow-moving explosive projectile for 33% bonus damage. It deals incredible crowd control damage, but it's far less forgiving than hitscan mode.

It was a favored sidearm of several of Haruka Lorne’s Tenno compatriots such as Ginebra, Thane, and Yassin, along with her favored Dax and “squires,” Valentina and Jubal the Smiler. During those times, it became a nightmare for human insurgents that the Tenno, punching through entire squads with one magazine. Due to how often the Tenno were deployed against Sentients and Infested, it never developed quite the same infamy as other Tenno firearms. But with the sheer number of relatively human enemies the Tenno face in the present-day Origin System, the nightmare slowly grows for Corpus and Grineer who find themselves at the business end of this powerful revolver.

Stats

Semi

• Damage: 108
  • 63 Impact
  • 36 Slash
  • 9 Puncture

Overcharge

• Projectile

On Impact: 

• Damage: 63
  • 36 Impact
  • 27 Slash

Radial:

• Damage: 81
  • 18 Puncture
  • 36 Impact
  • 27 Slash

Artist Notes:

It’s my FOURTH ANNIVERSARY OF DOING WF CONCEPTS and good lord man it has been a time. I'd just like to thank everyone who's been there on this thread and made it what it is - @Almighty_Jado, @Teoarrk, @Neo3602@Unus, @Teridax68@keikogi,@KaffeRausch, modernmercenary (who redesigned the Fuselok. I wonder why this was so popular sometimes) @HugintheCrow (even if he probably won't respond to this tag) stellarseeker, @BlackDiamondAce, and especially @Unus. You might be wondering why I mentioned Unus twice, and the answer is simple - I like that part =D And hell, I'll even thank Sean Bigham for approving of the Meridian autoshotgun that one time, along with whoever it is that probably looked at the Meridian when they made the Cedo.

Happy fourth anniversary! It is good to see the thread alive and well, and congratulations on the newest addition! I very much like the idea of a pistol with ricocheting headshots: it's a niche that's not properly explored in-game yet, and it would reward accuracy with multi-target murder as well, which is particularly important these days now that AoE is so dominant. The stats look good (I would add a percentage mark after the status chance number though), and the silhouette on the revolver is both distinct and elegant. Job well done!

3 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

Happy fourth anniversary! It is good to see the thread alive and well, and congratulations on the newest addition

Thanks so much, and glad to see you here!

it's a niche that's not properly explored in-game yet, and it would reward accuracy with multi-target murder as well, which is particularly important these days now that AoE is so dominant.

I've done it twice before! Once with this oooold shotgun called the Oribi, and the other time with a slightly more recent rifle called the Jubal. Except that was automatic. That was a fun one.

(I might need to buff or prime the Oribi. If we're priming the Strun, it might be a good idea.)

The stats look good (I would add a percentage mark after the status chance number though),

...I knew I was forgetting something.

and the silhouette on the revolver is both distinct and elegant. Job well done!

SOSH!TE, ARIGATOU

While we're talking, this is what I sawed it down from:

revcarv.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop&widt

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

Happy fourth anniversary! It is good to see the thread alive and well, and congratulations on the newest addition! I very much like the idea of a pistol with ricocheting headshots: it's a niche that's not properly explored in-game yet, and it would reward accuracy with multi-target murder as well, which is particularly important these days now that AoE is so dominant. The stats look good (I would add a percentage mark after the status chance number though), and the silhouette on the revolver is both distinct and elegant. Job well done!

Also: After that last revolver, the next few guns are gonna get weeeeeird.

• Like 1

On 2021-09-12 at 6:00 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

tenno__adjudicus__revolver_by_fluffywolf

Stats

Semi

• Damage: 108
  • 63 Impact
  • 36 Slash
  • 9 Puncture

Overcharge

• Projectile

On Impact: 

• Damage: 63
  • 36 Impact
  • 27 Slash

Radial:

• Damage: 81
  • 18 Puncture
  • 36 Impact
  • 27 Slash

Artist Notes:

So I decided to spend it by doing what the thread has always been about on some level: More revolver.

This weapon is… weird. Coming up with revolver silhouettes is a strange thing for me to do, cause I’m not quite as willing as DE is to embrace the bizarre and do stuff like the Pandero, so this time - instead of looking at pistols - I worked from a revolver rifle silhouette. Specifically, a cap and ball rifle revolver.

As a result, there’s some… peculiarities here. For one thing, there’s the cylinder. It loads from the front, not the back. And, solely because it looks cool, you flip-@#&$ it while reloading, but it can easily be fired in double-action. There’s also the handguard, the lanyard, and… I probably would have drawn bayonet lugs at some point, but I got bored. This also originally had a much more complicated muzzle device, but I also got tired while trying to make that. 

As with many things I’ve done, the explosive altfire was sort of an accident, but this makes it more fun and lets you use the lever.

Oh, btw, to explain the Borderlands 3 thing - originally, I had an idea for a Jakobs revolver that increased ricochets just on body shots, but I thought about it and I had to ask myself “Do I really want to make a gun where you have to play badly to have the most fun from it?”

So I changed it to successive hits. To balance that out now, all the stacks are gone if you miss.

The name is also a Bleach reference. We have a gun called the Vasto, why not one with a name that sounds like “Adjuchas” ?

This revolver do be looking pretty good.

8 hours ago, ElecDeathblade said:

That revolver is yeeing on my haws, I need it!

Revolvers that yee your haws are like.... *checks notes*

Okay, I don't know how much it happens here, but there's about 9 revolvers on this thread (counting that one) that should probably produce that same effect. There's one that does guaranteed heat procs on headshots, a shotgun revolver, a shotgun pistol that looks like a revolver but isn't and is basically just a beehive grenade on a stick, there's one that releases explosions on headshots, there's one that's scoped and silenced, there's one that increases critical damage for each headshot you land and has an underbarrel shotgun, and there's one that's basically the Wingman Elite from Titanfall 2.

(I like those last 3 =D )

There's also a flaregun revolver but I'm not sure if that yees on your haws

On 2021-09-12 at 7:00 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

glat to know I´ve helped.

Also neat color scheme reminds me off the anniversary guns but the sutler use of purple made it more elegant. I also like it´s simple visual goes really well with the old stick off the tenno ( use really basic gun but pushed to their absolute limit with good materials and desing ). The small key chains things also git it a lot off visual flair and recoginalible siloute. The weapon also has it´s own "combo" counter and it does a really good job a rewarding precision to the point its acutally worth it to aim before taking the shot because at max stacks this weapon looks like a beast. 

I like the idea off rewarding consecutive headshots and it gave me an iteresting idea for a corpus gun ( specter particle nonsense). What about a pistol that stores headshots. Each head shot you do gets stored , alt fire your frame goes mesa for a secont and headshots as many times as there where headshots stored. What do you think ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ElecDeathblade said:

That yees my haws, yes

Yeah-bwoy

(To save you some trouble, here it is)

On 2020-05-05 at 1:25 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Grineer 'Sigul' Flaregun Revolver

grineer__sigul__flare_revolver_by_haruax

Grineer ‘Sigul’ Flare Pistol

“Before the newest Infestation outbreak, this Grineer flaregun was a survival tool. In a sense, it still is.”

Special Traits: 
Guaranteed Heat Procs on direct hits

Sticky Mode: Increases damage by 5% on an enemy for each round ‘stuck’ to an enemy.

The Sigul is a Grineer take on the flaregun, and thus it has all the traits one would expect of a Grineer weapon - loud, oversized, questionably overengineered, and much more lethal than it should be.

This particular Sigul model was redesigned after several early encounters with Infested on Earth - one Grineer platoon, running low on ammo, found themselves fighting the Infested with flareguns. As Infested are extremely vulnerable to heat, this worked out extremely well. The Ceres-based Corba Production Zone then rebuilt the Sigul according to the wishes of the survivors, including a remote-detonation mechanism similar to the Kulstar, and a four-round revolver cylinder.

It loads by swinging the barrel and cylinder off to the side - like a top-break revolver, but sideways instead of upwards. Or, if you’re wondering, it’s just like that revolver from Deus Ex.

It’s loud and unsubtle, but nobody ever expected Grineer weaponry to be anything but. For Grineer officers that desire a weapon with a little bit more intimidation value and simplicity than a Marelok or Kraken, who find custom weapons such as the Seer far outside their price range, the Sigul is a popular and cost-effective choice.

It has its downsides, though. Unlike its counterpart, the Kulstar, the Sigul can’t fire underwater, and its rounds have noticeable drop-off.

Near misses with the Sigul’s flares will deal heat damage enemies and have a chance to ignite them - basically, think of this like a combination of a grenade launcher and a Plasmor, but with a much smaller projectile. They act sort of like plasmor projectiles until they make direct hits with an enemy, at which point they explode and deal guaranteed incendiary damage.

It also comes with a remote-detonating “sticky” mode. Upon activation, the flares will stick to nearby surfaces. They can be remotely detonated either by reloading, or tapping the alt fire key again.

For each sticky on an enemy, the damage of each successive explosion increases by 5%.

STATS

Trigger: Semiauto
Noise: Alarming
Fire rate: 2
Magazine: 4
Reload: 2.8s

Flare Impact:
Damage: 140
Crit Chance: 11%
Crit Multiplier: 1.9x
Status Chance: 33%
Damage Falloff:
    Full Damage up to 30m
    Min Damage at 60m
    50% Max Reduction
Accuracy Falloff: 
Full accuracy up to 45m

Flare Explosion:

Damage: 210 
Crit Chance: 11%
Crit Multiplier: 1.9x
Satus Chance: 33%
Blast Radius: 3.5m

Artist Notes:

Whooo, boy. I’ve been sitting on this for a long time. I’ve wanted to make something like this for awhile - Infested are vulnerable to heat, and the Grineer adapting a flaregun for use against them made perfect sense to me.

A Grineer flaregun revolver always felt to me like the only way I could make a Grineer revolver work - every gimmick I could think of for revolvers (silenced, has a shotgun and a crit combo multiplier) felt more Tenno. Admittedly, the Estampida totally could have been Grineer, it’s slow, overpowered, and non-hitscan, but I just really wanted a Trigun reference. 

I like Trigun.

Originally, this was going to have five shots, but, well, I did that already with the Plasmoid. (And yes, the cylinder is a reference to Hellboy.)

It’s possible I may have hobbled this a lot by making it more of a grenade launcher than a pistol, but I have at least two other pistols that are functionally the same as rocket launchers, and for that matter so does Warframe. I wanted to do something different.

NOTE: Of every non-hitscan heavy pistol I’ve made, here’s a list of them arranged in velocity from slowest to fastest. Just so I can get that off my chest. 

1. Sigul - But arguably the most powerful.
  2. Vos Plasmoid - travels at roughly the same speed as the EPG from Titanfall 2.
  3. Hiro: Has the best status of all of them - and it travels at the same speed as your average Dahl pistol. Definitely the most well-rounded. On that note, I’m seriously wondering if this hit the right niche for power. Has the best fire rate of them. And no recoil.)
  4. Estampida -  Travels at whatever speed the Wingman Elite from Titanfall 2 does. IDK man. It doesn’t have the raw damage of any of these (except possibly the Hiro. Maybe. I mean, that one has a lot of status) but it’s the easiest to hit headshots with it. And it has the best headshots.
  5. Largo - fastest non-hitscan explosive out of all of these. I think. 

• Like 1

On 2021-09-12 at 5:00 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Can't believe it's been 4 years.

3 hours ago, keikogi said:

glat to know I´ve helped.

Course you have! This thread is fueled by support... and without feedback from people like you, I would've given up a looooooong time ago.

Also neat color scheme reminds me off the anniversary guns but the sutler use of purple made it more elegant

...Wait. Does it?! That was actually kind of an accident lol. On all counts. Honestly, I just didn't want to do wooden orangey-brown and silver (again) and picked the Tiberon at random to use as the base for the color.

Thanks again there =D

The small key chains things also git it a lot off visual flair and recoginalible siloute.

That's a relief! Originally, I was just gonna have this on the front, but I thought it'd look cool if I added it to both.

I struggle (a lot) with coming up with distinct silhouettes for weaponry, especially revolvers - you can see some of this happening about a week ago. Thankfully, I have 4-6 more revolver ideas for the near future. There's a full-auto one inspired by The Last Wrod, one that's basically a full-auto pocket opticor, (I'm saving that for later) one that's basically also a pocket opticor except it's a railgun instead of a laser, there's that thing in that picture from about a week ago inspired by the Enmitic Pistol (not sure what it does - might be baby charge rifle from Apex?) and one that reduces armor and shields on headshots. As inspired by how much trouble we have on Steel Path.

Next post will actually be a sniper rifle or some bizarre near-alien thing. Probably the latter.

The weapon also has it´s own "combo" counter and it does a really good job a rewarding precision to the point its acutally worth it to aim before taking the shot because at max stacks this weapon looks like a beast. 

That's great! I'm also hoping it's balanced a bit by how unforgiving it is if you miss. It was tempting not to, but it took all of ten seconds to figure that at Maximum Potential this thing is basically an Amprex (or, for more current WF players, pre-nerf Kuva Nukor) in revolver form.

Probably best that isn't easy to keep up lol.

I like the idea off rewarding consecutive headshots and it gave me an iteresting idea for a corpus gun ( specter particle nonsense). What about a pistol that stores headshots. Each head shot you do gets stored , alt fire your frame goes mesa for a secont and headshots as many times as there where headshots stored. What do you think ? 

Sounds like uhhh....

super Pandero. Perhaps even what Pandero prime should have been when you consider how normal that feels compared to regular Pandero.

I'm thinking that it this was to happen, it'd need to be a pistol (possibly semiauto?) that looks like a weird revolver. Something like this but with a much fatter mag.

Handmade Auto-Revolver - YouTube

5 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Can't believe it's been 4 years.

Right?!

Where does the time go

Also, at least 2 of the next 3-4 guns will be Really Weird. There's one really bizarre, alien gun I have (not literally alien.) I've made a lot of progress on, the one after that will be a Grineer sniper rifle, and after that? Probably another alien gun.

Weirdly enough, I'm intending for most of them to be burstfire.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Also, at least 2 of the next 3-4 guns will be Really Weird. There's one really bizarre, alien gun I have (not literally alien.) I've made a lot of progress on, the one after that will be a Grineer sniper rifle, and after that? Probably another alien gun.

Weirdly enough, I'm intending for most of them to be burstfire.

Sounds fun, I love weird stuff.