Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ร—

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - ๐‘ป๐’†๐’๐’๐’ ๐‘ฏ๐’–๐’๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐‘บ๐’‰๐’๐’•๐’ˆ๐’–๐’!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

22 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

As many as possible and then some.

ย 

ย  Hide contents

+the noggle mount

ย 

I feel like 25 should be my maximum here. There's a very specific sort of "small shotgun/sawed-off weapon/this is barely a pistol" vibe I'm going for, and making something with more than 25 would stretch my ability to do so.

Alright, I think I've reached the maximum for how baroque I'm willing to make this without photoshoop. Without further ado:

filename_by_haruaxeman_dd72gn1-pre.jpg?t

BEHOLD

ย 

The rough draft of the Cascabel! A 25-barrel (or 24? I haven't decided yet)ย pepperbox pistol. It's going to have absurd crit, and shoot 8 projectiles per shot.ย 

11 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Alright, I think I've reached the maximum for how baroque I'm willing to make this without photoshoop. Without further ado:

filename_by_haruaxeman_dd72gn1-pre.jpg?t

BEHOLD

ย 

The rough draft of the Cascabel! A 25-barrel (or 24? I haven't decided yet)ย pepperbox pistol. It's going to have absurd crit, and shoot 8 projectiles per shot.ย 

Spoiler

Where is the noggle slot?

ย 

Just now, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Update - the next weapon I release is probably going to seem.... kind of weak. This is only so I can release a prime version later.

Seeding the ground for additional features, it makes sense!

23 hours ago, Unus said:

Seeding the ground for additional features, it makes sense!

Besides, the end goal of any Tenno is shinier loot! What kind of person would I be if I made a gun that's basically a companion piece to early-game stuff like the Strun and then didn't give people a way to make it better and/or fancier?

Also any thoughts on the Naga? I like that part ๐Ÿ˜›

So, I have a fun burst rifle planned at the moment, and while I'm working on that.... well, I was wondering. About more Ganymede equipment. (Yes, part 3 is still coming!) And I was thinking about adding in a rifle for rural farmers of Ganymede, using the same aesthetic as the pistol.

Would you like it to be:

1. More gyrojets!ย 

2. Plasma

3. Laser (Or any other kind of beam weapon - it could be a Graser, or a Maser. Heat damage-focused laser may be a better bet)

These were all the examples for the "homesteader rifle" that I could think of. Tempting as it might be toย  add in a ballistic weapon that's not Tenno or Grineer, a boxy gray, black, and silver (there's some orange in it but just bear with me here) weapon that's hitscan and fires bullets just doesn't seem Warframe enough.

(Perhaps, someday, I can add in a Warframe version of a homemade Kalashnikov, but... I simply don't know what to do to make that look or act sufficiently Warframe)

tenno__somin__auto_burst_rifle_by_haruax

Tenno โ€˜Sominโ€™ Auto-Burst rifle

โ€œDesigned by the makers of the Soma along similar principles to the Avakan, the Sominโ€™s burst-auto and blowback-shifted pulse mechanism are designed to force as much damage into as small an area as possible.โ€

Special Traits:ย Getting kills with this weapon increases health regeneration and decreases shield recharge delay.

LORE

โ€œIโ€™ve taken a look at the internals here, and I can only hope that this doesnโ€™t break. Youโ€™d need a whole foundry to take it apart and put it back together!โ€

Tenno โ€œHaruka Lorne,โ€ callsign Fluffy Wolf 36.

Designed to hammer through Sentient armor, the Sominโ€™s absurdly complicated internals allow it to fire in four-round burst, automatically and increasing in fire rate. To cut down on weapon length and the already absurdly high potential for malfunctions, the weapon feeds from a more conventional static 80-round box magazine, as opposed to the typical โ€œharmonicaโ€ magazine common to most Soma series weapons.

Where weapons like the Tarvoss or Harken focused on opening up weakpoints, and the Avakan was built to hammer targets in short bursts and/or overwhelm them, the Somaโ€™s manufacturers created the Somin to push Sentient damage resistances to their limits. Surprisingly, its nature as a bullpup gave it great utility in the tight quarters of spaceships and mines. Rumor has it that this one of the first guns that Grineer battalions were ever trusted to use.

This continues into the present day with the rediscovery of its blueprint, with Tenno, Level Dawn, Ganymede Gendarmerie, Steel Meridian, and Solaris United operatives clamoring to use it as their primary longarm in cramped confines where a pistol simply is not enough.

For a gun with such overcomplicated internals, this might seem counterintuitive. Why trust Grineer - even Steel Meridian - with a gun that, once the semibiological frame of the gun is removed, bears a resemblance to a cuckoo clock with a barrel and trigger sticking out? Well, the answer is simple: the gun is capable of healing itself to fix any james, malfunctions, and other such issues from a reservoir of material kept in the stock.

Some of this healing can be passed on to the Tenno that wields it, increasing health regen for each kill and decreasing shield recharge delay.

Its bullpup configuration also gives it slightly above-average aiming speed, handling, and slightly lowered weight.

ย 

Artist Notes

Fun fact:ย It soundsย exactlyย like the M41A1 Pulse Rifle.ย 

*BRRRRRRRRRRTย intensifies*

Normally I'd say "You wanted this. Don't lie" but the truth is that I did it becauseย Iย wanted to.

I think the most surprising thing about this gun is howย oldย it is. Iโ€™ve wanted to do something like this since before February, maybe even since last fallโ€ฆ but, well I had a lot of burst weaponry planned. Like the Tarvoss, the Axon, the Hypodermis, the Straug, (SOONโ„ข) an untitled Corpus burst rifle with the Headseeker perk, and I felt like this thing would justโ€ฆ start making my thread samey. I thought that an auto burst and bullpup Soma was a cool idea, so I decided to make this!

Also, PREVIEW TIME! Hereโ€™s whatโ€™s next.

1. Iโ€™m definitely going to revisit some of my older guns like the Avakan and Balaenis, because next to the Depezador theyโ€™re some of the oldest guns in this thread. Also, unlike the Depezador, they donโ€™t have stats.

2. The Straug will be coming soon. Like, after the next weapon I do. A dood has to mix things up. Yโ€™know?ย ย And - to contrast the Somin here - the Straug will be more status-focused. This seemed like a funny gimmick to mix with status. So I was like โ€œehhhh why notโ€

3. Somin Prime! Cause likeย hekย I was gonna just let this be as (intentionallyย )ย weak as it is here.

ย 

Stats

Magazine size:ย 80

Trigger:ย Auto-Burst-spool (Burstfires automatically, but the bursts fire faster and the delay grows smaller the longer you hold the trigger)
(Reaches full fire rate after 10 rounds fired)ย 
Noise Level:ย M41A1 Pulse Rifle (alarming)

Burst Countย 4
Burst Delay: (unspooled) 0.4s
Burst Delay: (spooled) 0.05s
Spool Period: 10 rounds

Damage: 10
ย  ย  4ย Slash
ย  ย  4.8 Puncture
ย  ย  1.2ย Impact

Crit Chance:ย 28%ย 
Crit Multiplier:ย 3.0xย 
Status Chance: 18%ย 
Rate Of Fire:ย 
ย  ย ย 10.2 (unspooled)ย 
ย  ย ย 16.8 (spooled)ย 
Reload: 2.4s
Punch-Through - 0.5

If these stats donโ€™t workโ€ฆย ย please let me know. This is very difficult.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

BONUS HOUR SUPER CREATE: SOMINSPIRATION

SOME INSPIRATION
OH SON OF A-

Main Inspiration - TKB-011

latest?cb=20091223144020

TKB-011-2M_at_Tula_State_Museum_of_Weapo

This thing was the main inspiration behind the Somin's silhouette. I mean, I could've made this Grineer, the bakeliteย sortย of makes me think Grineer, but... What can I say? Sometimes a dood just wants to be be contrary.

The Somin's Internals

Isthisguro.jpg

Basically, the Somin would look like this inside except somehow more complicated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Edit: A burstfire soma sounds pretty interesting.

ย 

Notย justย burstfire. You don't have to take your finger off the trigger between bursts. Y'know, like the Battacor. Or this thing:

Also with spooling.

Because I wanted to create the most bizarre trigger I could, and this was only theย secondย weirdest I could do!

3 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Do you think you'll make a gun based on this?:ย latest?cb=20140903224554

Almost certainly. There's actually aย very oldย design based on the TKB-059 buried deep in my deviantart, but it's not entirely up to my standards anymore. And Iย amย planning on revisiting some of my older weapons, like the Avakan and Balaenis, so.... no reasonย notย to do this.

grineer_assault_rifle_concepts_by_haruax

Originally, the concept behind the Pulslok was "just burst-auto" but I've got another burst auto gun planned (two if you count SOMIN PRIME) and the Hypodermis already exists, so... reh.

Maybe the pulslok will be something like Cerberus +1 from Destiny 2. And it'd be like the assault rifle equivalent of the Ogryn Ripper Gun.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

UPDATE: It's only entries in the table of contents after the Tarvoss that are being butts. Anything after the Tarvoss will be linked directly to the page. Apologies for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, a thought occurs. I've made a lot of high-damage, lower-rate of fire pistols like the Estampida, Depezador, and Naga. Handcannons and stuff. But all of it has been Tenno. And I had to ask myself: What would a Corpus version of that look like?

ย 

On 2019-05-02 at 9:16 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Naga' Gas-Seal Revolver

tenno__naga__hunting_revolver_by_haruaxe

โ€œPrey on their fear, move like an animal, and feel the kill with theย gas-seal Naga revolver. Pace your fire rate for precise, silent shots, or fire rapidly to clear entire rooms.

ย 

STATS

Damageย - 84
ย  ย ย ย  ย ย Puncture -ย 41
ย  ย ย ย  ย  Slash -ย 28
ย  ย ย ย  ย  Impact -ย 15

Crit Chance -ย 26%
Crit multiplierย - 2.6x
Status Chance -ย 14%
Capacity -ย 7
Reload Time -ย 1.8s
Fire Rate -ย 6.0
Trigger -ย Semi

special mechanics

Integral Suppressorย - Waiting 0.8 seconds between shots will silence the next shot fired. This is represented by a charge-likeย icon within the reticle.
ย  ย (NOTE: This is not affected by Lethal Torrent. It just didnโ€™t work. More on that later in artist notes)
Hunterโ€™s Gripย - Turns you invisible on stealth kills.
Hunterโ€™s Scope -ย Scope in by pressing altfire! This adds +25% headshot damage and +25% crit damage.
ย 

LORE

The Naga was meant to combine the old-fashioned sensibilities of the Orokin, the need for high stopping power of the Tenno, and the growing usage of Tenno as silent assassins into one handcannon.

The result was the Naga Gas-seal Hunting Revolver. A powerful, heavy handgun the size of a small rifle, with an integral scope. Orokin arms research had rediscovered the fact that a fixed-cylinder revolver was capable of chambering the most powerful rounds, and somehow, the archimedians tasked with designing it came to the conclusion that the next logical step was to make a revolver that took itself apart,ย becomingย a fixed-cylinder revolver. As such, the Naga comes with a reload that beggars belief, described below.

1. The metal pieces that hold the cylinder in place from the outside move backwards and forwards.
  2. The top of the revolver connecting the rear sight to the piece between barrel and cylinder moves upward.
  3. The user lets the spent cylinder fall out, and places a new one. The cylinder then uses an advanced Orokin something-or-other to align the closest chamber with the barrel.

Itโ€™s sort of like this.ย 

The Naga actually has more base damage than the Pandero because it has a longer barrel, and because itโ€™s gas-seal like the Nagant revolver. For those of you who donโ€™t know, gas seal revolvers cam the cylinder forward upon firing, closing the gap between cylinder and barrel. This allows you to silence a Nagant.

In that era towards the end of the war just before the Tenno โ€œwon,โ€ where the fate of the Orokin Empire was uncertain, the Naga was well-known for silently eliminating entire strongholds, taking out guards while kidnapping the โ€œyoung and exoticโ€ for Yuvan, and culling the ranks of the early proto-corpus โ€œIndustrialistsโ€ that the Orokin grew to despise.

A legend from the Jovian system claims that one Tenno used this pistol to end a Jovian war of secession before it could even begin. (โ€œJovianโ€ means โ€œJupiterโ€)

ย 

ARTIST NOTES

One thing Iโ€™ve always liked about Warframe is the way all their weapons have such unique silhouettes. You donโ€™t have like three guns that all have the same M4-ish silhouette, you have a bunch of weapons you can almost instantly understand as being from one faction. And no two revolvers look alike. The Pandero and Magnus have particularly weird silhouettes for revolvers, for example.

And a lot of mine have lookedโ€ฆ fairly normal. This is another one in that same trend. But - in my defense - I really wanted something that looked like a giant peacemaker with a scope. And I got one! Which is funny, because this is actually much more inspired by the Nagant.

Speaking of the Nagant and the fact that it can be silenced, Iย triedย to make โ€œIntegral suppressorโ€ work with lethal torrent, but either a) it was too breakable and would remove a unique mechanic, b), nobody would be able to enjoy it when they didnโ€™t have enough mod space, or c) all of the above. While I donโ€™t like having a totally unchangeable stat of a weapon, thatโ€™s nothing compared to how much I donโ€™t like people being unable to enjoy a weapon without โ€œinvestingโ€ in it, so to speak. I want people to know before they get to rank 30 whether or not they like something.ย Which, funnily enough, is probably why itโ€™s not so bad that my art computer got borked again. I didnโ€™tย wantย to do this just yet, I was hoping to pace myself out and do some more exotic stuff before returning to a Tenno pistol, but, my extremely accident-prone art computer just conked out. Thankfully, Iโ€™d been sitting on a finished design, so I might as well.

Of course, if they just Hydron it and donโ€™t truly spend enough time with it, thatโ€™s not my fault.

ย 

The other main inspirations, by the way, were the B3 Wingman and its absurdly bizarre reload... and Doldren's KLT-13 revolver from Spacelords. The purple pistol grip was added as an homage to that.

On a final note, I have no idea how the hammer works. Itโ€™s definitely not side-mounted hammers, though. That would be silly.

ย 

COMPARISONS

Iโ€™ve made a large amount of revolvers so far. So hereโ€™s how I imagine this compared to the various relevant handcannons of Warframe.
ย 

Fanmade

Depezador Prime -ย The Depezador Prime is capable of ridiculous crit if you use it strategically, or just play Frost. (Iย didย design it after my playstyle!) With the basic crit mods, itโ€™s capable of - and I did the math on this - 8.85x critical damage, but only if you donโ€™t miss and/or get headshots 5 times in a row. Meanwhile, with no combo mechanic at all, the Naga is capable of 6.1x critical damage with the same mods, excluding the headshot damage part. (That may have been a bad idea) But it has to be scoped for said crit potential.

The Naga is better at long-range and requires less finesse, but it doesnโ€™t have the same absurd crit possibility because of it. Also, itโ€™s more stealthy!

(Also, fun fact - body shots with the Depezador Prime donโ€™t remove anything from its critical damage buildup, but they donโ€™t add anything either. And I buffed the fire rate on the Depezador Prime to 4.4 to frustrate more spammy players, myself included. I did this because it was funny. The stuff you learn!)

Estampida -ย The Estampida requires far less finesse than the Naga, which is its own advantage in a way. Itโ€™s simple, brutal, and has brutally high status. Itโ€™s absolutely better with crowds.

Bellatrixย - thisโ€ฆ may or may not countโ€ฆ but I balanced it precisely so it could stand between the Pandero and Akvasto Prime. This fires (literally) as fast as you can pull the trigger, itโ€™s more controllable, and has more status. Also it has better crit chance. It requires a lot less timing, but this is at the expense of lower damage.

ย 

ย Canon (Cannon? :P)
ย 

Aklex Prime -ย the Aklex Prime is better in every way, save for recoil, reload time, stealth, lack of a scope, and probably some other things.

Panderoย - Has better burst damage. And itโ€™s the Pandero.

Ah, going for the short and sweet descriptor.

Crunchy Sector:

Ah, a greater revolver then the set we have currently damagewise.

Huh, a new level of critical percentages above all single revolvers there, though, not the pinnacle of pistols.

Hm. . . . for once, I feel the critical damage boost is fitting, given the Baza's suppressed statistics suggest it as feasible. I mean, at least after a soul-shattering lowering of 0.1.

Status Chance walks the middlea the road.

Mag Cap seems fair.

Reload Speed, interestingly enough, seems more then usual.

And finally, fire rate strikes the balance!

ย 

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Ah, going for the short and sweet descriptor.

ย 

Oh boy! IT'S NAGA TIME!

Also it's a venture bros. reference ๐Ÿ˜›ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Ah, a greater revolver then the set we have currently damagewise.

ย 

It's got 1 round less than the Pandero, so I wanted to... y'know... give it a little extra something something to make up for that one less round. Plus, this is a little better at sustained damage than the Pandero.

ย 

1 hour ago, Unus said:

๏ปฟ Huh, a new level of critical percentages above all single revolvers there, though, not the pinnacle of pistols.

ย 

Probably for the best. The most difficult part in all of this is... well, Iย wantย to make a gun that could easily be the new top-tier. The Somesha (if primed and/or released) would probably become a top-tier autoshotty in no time. But all the same I don't want to invalidate anything.

Except semiauto rifles like the Veldt and basicย Latron. (Latron Wraith and Prime are fine in my book though) So I'm honestly kinda relieved that this isn'tย exactlyย at the pinnacle.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Reload Speed, interestingly enough, seems more then usual.

ย 

...Does it? huh. What actually happened was I was taking inspiration from the Wingman Elite Pistol's reload speed, then I shaved off 0.3 seconds. Fun fact, here's a detailed look at its reload animation.

It is easily the mostย bizarre revolver reload I have ever seen. I mean, if I was designing a revolver I'd probably do that weird diagonal swing-out thing that the OTS-38 does, or have a swing-out cylinder or make it top-break, but this! This is awesome! I don't even have words for it, it's great!

This is actually the second time I've homaged the Wingman Elite.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Status Chance walks the middlea the road.

ย 

Felt like it wasn't that important here. It's... well, this is mostly about precision, and slow, measured shots. And status just doesn't work as well as critsย with this last part.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

๏ปฟ And finally, fire rate strikes the balance!

ย 

Which is honestly a huge relief. I was going for something that was... well, fast enough itย couldย be spammed, but not so fast it was a heavily spam-based gun. Also, there's something funny to me about adding high fire rate to weapons like the Naga and Depezador - their gimmicks are best used at slow and measured paces, thenย bam,ย here's the ability to hurl five rounds into someone's general direction in less than a second XD. I honestly get a good laugh out of knowing how it'll frustrate people.

Speaking of the gimmick.... sorry to impose here, but any thoughts on the silencer?
ย 

Fun fact about the silencer: I say it would be broken cause I didn't want people spamming silenced shots. It's meant to let people let the gun force them to make precision shots.